New Experiences, New People, New problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he awoke, his mind was destroyed. He no longer cared. He had placed all his hope in her, and she had swatted it away. He wanted her to acknowledge him. His whole life, he was told he was nothing. His parents barely encouraged him. He wished now that someone would help him. For him, she was the last straw. He would stop writing for pleasure, forever.

Tiffany stretched her back as she woke up, slapping herself in the mirror to make sure she stayed awake. "Ew," she scoffed at her complexion. The night prior, she felt tired so she decided to go and haphazardly clean the makeup off of her face. It certainly did not work out the way that she wanted it to. "Complexion's bad..." She began checking herself in the mirror, not sure what else she could do, before she gave up and decided to get ready to go to work.

There were no notebooks in his arms this morning. Instead it was just a textbook. He simply sat and read for breakfast, his journals having been tossed.

Tiffany arrived at the classroom early. She had not taught in said classroom before just a few days prior, and none of her other classes were in the building, so she tended to come in early and check on things to make sure that everything is in the way that she wanted it to be.

Jacob happened to be walking down the hallway by that classroom, looking at the floor with a defeated expression. In fact, everything about him screamed defeat.

Done with her preparations, Tiffany decided to step out of class and take a breath of fresh air. Stepping out the door, she notices Jacob approaching. She raised her hand as she awkwardly smiled in his direction. She still did not know what she should think about what happened the day prior. "Good morning," she greeted him.

Jacob barely noticed her, and he walked by her. He turned at the last moment, "Oh, good morning." He sat down and began to read.

Tiffany could feel her hair stick up as she began thinking about Jacob's behavior. He seemed to be out of it, and she could not help but think that she had something to do with it. After taking her deep breath, she moved back into the classroom to wait for the students to flood in.

Jacob sat down and his hand instinctively began to write. He saw this and smashed it into the table with his book.

Jacob's little outburst did not go unnoticed by the people around him, nor Tiffany herself. She sighed, deciding to leave him to his own devices. "Okay, everyone!" Tiffany tried to start up class. "Take out your textbooks and flip to page seventeen! We're going to go over the reading!"

Jacob continued to pay attention.

Class went by quickly. Well, the homework was simply to read, and it was only the introduction. Not many people had questions- more had questions of where they could find the book for cheap than anything that was inside of it. A little bit disappointing yes, but she was fine with it. Once class was over, Tiffany took the initiative to talk to Jacob. No matter what happened, what she could not do was decide to hide away from him. So, she approached him once class was over with. "Also, all the people who came to my Office Hours the last two days, I want to see you after class is over!" she declared.

Jacob shrugged and was fighting the urge to write. It hurt so much not to...but he wasn't good enough. He shrugged and calmly waited as the class began to file out.

As the class began to file out, a few of the students approached Tiffany. They were the other students that she had Office Hours with. Part of the reason why she called them up was because some of them were concerned about their books, and she wanted to make sure that they had managed to work those issues out. With only a couple of moments of conversation, most of the students had already left, including the ones that Tiffany had spoken briefly to. She then cast her glance to Jacob, letting him know that she was ready for him.

Jacob took a deep breath and walked up to her, "Look, I'm sorry if that little outburst affected class. It won't happen...ever again." He said with a terrifying conviction.

Tiffany sighed before she put her hand on her hip. Although she had wanted to talk to him, she was not sure about how to approach him. "The outburst is fine," she tried to assure him, "it all comes with being a college student. First week is a lot of emotions- not all of them bad. What I want to know is if my suspicions were unfounded." She took a deep breath of her own. "Jacob, you aren't trying to pursue some kind of relationship with me are you?"

Jacob looked at her. To be honest he didn't know what he was trying to do. He decided to figure out what she meant, "Now what gave you that idea?"

Tiffany almost felt horrible, and also slightly embarrassed. It seemed that all she had done was to break his psyche without any reason. She should have been more mature- she was the teacher, was she not? "Sorry, I guess I've always had something against physical contact..." she bit her lip, a pained expression appearing on her face. "Anyways, I should apologize. I'm sorry."

Jacob blushed, he didn't know why though. He took a breath and looked at her, "I-I mean..." He looked down, "I mean..." He didn't want to say it, "......I may be...."

Tiffany had gone into another mode so much that she almost stumbled with the words that Jacob had said. "... You may be?" she asked, wanting to get clarification. "Y-You don't have to say it to make me feel better. No, trying to pursue me in the first place is a problem. You're a student with a lot in front of you."

Status
Not open for further replies.