New Experiences, New People, New problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob smiled, "I go by many names," he said cryptically.

"Isn't that you essentially admitting that you wrote me something and sent it?" Tiffany asked with a sigh. Before he had a chance to say anything else, Tiffany spoke up further. "Regardless of whether or not you wrote this, I already told you my answer."

Jacob nodded, but he seemed defeated, "am-alright then. Yes, I sent it." He looked down.

Tiffany sighed. "Jacob, listen, okay?" she asked, realizing that it was getting to the point where she had to say something about it. "I like you as a person, okay? As a student. But as a love interest? It's just not that easy. I can't see you like that." Tiffany shook her head lightly to further illustrate her point. "Its not only about the student/teacher relationship stuff. You just... don't go that much further. It also doesn't help that I barely know you at all. Anyways, enough of this okay?" She handed the letter back to him before taking her leave. "I'll see you later, okay?"

Jacob was defeated again, his last hope.crushed. but he put on a smile and he nodded, "f-fine ma'am, I'll do so."

"Thank you," Tiffany responded before she began to head back to her office. She was satisfied with how the whole talk went, and she would hope that it would be the end of everything.

Jacob wasn't over trying to pursue her, but for the time being, he was out of ideas. He went back to writing, a little heavy at heart.

Tiffany went back to her office, satisfied with what she had just done. She hoped in the back of her mind that it was all over. But she could not stop noticing her heart was beating a slightly faster pace. Was she really that upset about it all? She leaned back in her chair and tried to relax herself once again.

Jacob knew something in her was stirring for him, but he needed to find out what. He knew a bit about computers...he would hack the system to find out.

Tiffany had decided to rest for some time before she heard a knocking on her door. Her office time had just started, so it was most likely a student. "Come on in!" she welcomed in another male student, who had decided to talk to her about the readings again.

Jacob hacked a webcam on her computer and turned it on. He smiled and watched her talk.

Tiffany sat down in her chair as the student moved near her to ask her a question about the readings. "Oh, this will most likely not be any of the tests to start- its more like they're introducing you to this concept and they'll explain it more in detail later in the book," she assured the student with a bright smile. "Don't worry about it. It'll be fine." Once she was done with him, she sat back down in her seat and sighed. That was before another knock came to the door. "Come in!"

The door cracked open, and instead of a normal student peeking their head inside, it was an older male, around Tiffany's age. "Hey, there," he greeted with a grin on his face. "You certainly look worn out. Tired?"

"Kind of," Tiffany responded as she gestured for him to enter. "Remember that student that I told you about? The one who confessed to me?"

"Oh, yes. I hope you'd realize just how popular you are, though," the male interjected.

"Shut it," Tiffany cast a narrow glance at him. "He wrote a love letter to me. Like a four page essay dictating everything he wanted to say. It was impressive."

"Did you turn him down?"

Tiffany almost flew out of her seat in surprise. "Of course I did! He's simply a student. I don't think of him in that way at all. At the same time, though, I'm concerned about him. He seems to have self-confidence issues or something like that. I feel like I need to be gentle or I might lose him entirely."

"Well, weren't you the same way back then?" the male asked, looking over to Tiffany. "Of course, my view is that a boy like him is not prepared for an adult relationship. And you can't just treat your love interest with kiddie gloves."

Jacob smiled, then shut off her webcam. So she at least read it,that was a start. He didn't know what he could do about it, but h had a sliver of hope.

Their conversation continued on for a few more minutes, before he left. He had originally came to ask for a possible dinner arrangement with her, but Tiffany decided against it. She was tired. 'I'm planning to take a long bath, watch some shows, and go to sleep tonight,' she had worded it. A rejection, yes, but it was nothing about him in particular. Once her office hours were over, she decided to head home.

Jacob laid back and thought hard. He needed to show her his love...

Tiffany's relaxing night went according to plan. Maybe a little too well. She ended up falling asleep with the television on, in a terrible posture for her to sleep in. Her neck felt stiff as she woke up. Today, she did not have any classes- she still had to come in for her office hours, but she had time to prepare herself unlike the other days of the week. "Might as well prepare myself breakfast," she checked her robe to make sure that it was on properly before moving to her kitchen.

Jacob was stuck. He did have self-confidence issues, always had. This was different. He was prepared to give her the most mature, most loving, and the most caring things. But why didn'tt she see that?

After finishing with her breakfast, Tiffany took her time with preparing to go to work. Because of that, she looked even more beautiful than normal, especially because she had gotten a good night's sleep. It was a rarity during the school year for her to feel so relaxed. She arrived at the school and began walking through the campus, with some students noticing her as she walked.

Jacob was again sitting on his normal spot, which, as he had still not noticed, was on her path into the classroom. He was still writing, but this time he was writing a love poem. He saw her approach and waved, but didn't say anything yet.

Tiffany gave him a wave as well, as she proceeded to the front of the class. She was hoping that all of the writings to her would stop, but as she saw him writing, she could not help but have a bad feeling in her gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.