New Experiences, New People, New problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob smiled. HE actually started to smile and get a bit more relaxed around her, "I never found it helpful, just annoying. Better to write."

Tiffany gave a small hum and shrugged her shoulders at Jacob's answer. "Fair enough," she answered. "So, do you have any idea what your major's going to be? Maybe Fiction Writing or Journalism?"

Jacob shook his head, "Nope. that is why I came to college. I didn't even know I write well enough to consider it. Maybe fiction writing." He went back to writing another paragraph, "I took the phrase, 'college helps you find you path' seroiusly."

"I think all of us do," Tiffany giggled as she moved to eating what remained on her plate. "I remember, though.. Being in your shoes a long time ago. Leaving home, meeting new people, trying new things... Do you live in a dorm? Or with your family?"

He looked at her directly, a little more confident, "A dorm room, alone. I wanted to move away, not be stuck. After this...I don't know what I'll do."

"That's the fun of it all," Tiffany assured him. She could feel nostalgia set in as the conversation progressed. "Back when I was your age, I actually came here without having had one boyfriend. But when I got here, I got introduced to so many different things- good and bad. College is not only learning in the classroom. Its using life as a learning tool."

Jacob looked at her, "are you implying my writing is at least mediocre?"

Tiffany was surprised at the sudden- well at least to her it was- question. "To say that I've been implying it would be understating the facts, Jacob."

Jacob became downcast again, "oh, alright."

Tiffany gave a small sigh, feeling confused as to why her words seem to be having the adverse effect. "Some people have talent for the arts- my bigger brother was into painting. If you want to get into this field, however, my belief should not be what you're looking for. It's yours."

Jacob paused, "are you saying I can write?" He looked up, "are you?"

"Jacob, I'm saying that my opinion shouldn't matter," Tiffany replied, finishing with her food. With that, she stood up with her plate in hand. "But I'm saying that I think your writing's good."

Jacob stiffened, then he looked right at her. Something flashed in his eyes, something new. Something confident. Something that only came up when he felt he did something right, "T-thank you so much." He stood up and shook her hand. He was a bit more happy as he started to gather up his papers.

Tiffany felt a rush of emotions come over her. She was happy that he finally seemed to understand what she was saying, but the contact from him shaking her hand felt... different from what she had felt previously. She gave him a shy smile, responding, "No problem. Anytime." Still with her plate in hand, she nudged in the direction of the trash can. "I should get going. See you later, okay?"

"I'll be at your office." He smiled and ran happily to class.

Tiffany could not help but smile at Jacob's words. After finishing with her plate, she went on to have her one day class. It went by quickly, as it was simply just introducing the syllabus again to another group of students. Once she was done, she moved on to her office and sat down at her desk, basking in the silence.

Jacob knocked on the door to her office, "May I come in?"
(BRB at (EST)

Tiffany heard the familiar voice of Jacob through her door before speaking up, "It's open! Its okay for you to come in!"

Jacob came in. He was livelier today, "hi ms.McCollum! Do you still have my journals?"

"Yes, I do, Jacob," Tiffany pointed down to her desk to show that she had one of his notebook's wide open on her desk. She had been reading it just before he had arrived. "I'm enjoying them. Thank you for giving them to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.