New Experiences, New People, New problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob took a step forward, his eyes slowly burning with desire, "I-I-I...." He mumbled, "I'm s-serious...I-I really l-like you Tiffany." He had seen her name on her desk and hoped it showed he cared, and he slowly even touched her hand.

Tiffany's eyes widened. Wait, what? She could have sworn that she was trying hard to avoid this. Not only for her sake, but also for Jacob's too. If she was to reject him there, then who knows what would happen? Would he ever recover from it? Tiffany retracted his hand from him once again. "Didn't I tell you that I don't like being touched?" she asked, turning her head away from him. "I already have to take care of myself... I can't take too much time out to take care of you too."

Jacob suddenly clenched up, then he relaxed, "I think I can take care of you," He let go and looked at her, "I'm sure you feel pretty scared at life, and I know that. You don't know this but last night....my parents were telling me they were divorcing. IT wasn't you it was...a combination of things," He looked into her eyes, "I don't need taking care of."

Tiffany sighed, shaking her head. Maybe he was saying the right things, but she was still not convinced. "Listen, okay?" she asked. She said that, but she believed that she was between a rock and a hard place. She certainly had just met Jacob, and had seen him through her eyes as a student, not a love interest. That and also, she had her own job to think about. As a middle-aged woman without any steady man in her life- no matter how much it pained her to say just that- she had to support herself and could not put her livelihood in jeopardy. So even if she did like him, she would still have to reject him! He did realize that, didn't he? And if she did, and lost him like she did yesterday...

Tiffany sighed. "It's just not possible. Not now." Tiffany had begun to gather her papers, stuffing them underneath her armpit. "I don't feel like as if you're really thinking this through. I can't be with someone like that."

Jacob narrowed his eyes and looked at her, his fists curling up, then he relaxed and sighed, turning around, "Fine teacher I'll let you figure this out for yourself." He frowned and started to leave, "By the way, hope you enjoy that story. I finished it, by the way, but I'll be sure never to give you the ending." He walked towards the door, saying, "Thank you so much, I'll see you Thursday in class."

Tiffany could not help but scoff at Jacob's attitude. Maybe it was simply because he was so much younger than him, but she truly could not be with someone who acted like that. Yes, that was it. Maybe she would have done it when she was younger, but now she needed less drama not more. Satisfied with her decision, she decided to head back to her office.

Jacob walked back to his dorm and began to think. He wanted her to like him. Not even just love him, just like him. He picked up his pencil and began to write himself the first love letter ever. He wrote close to four pages front and back, just letting his emotions open. Then he read it over and, satisfied, sent it to her in the mail. He just hoped she didn't know his dorm, and plus he hadn't used his handwriting; he had used cursive. She wouldn't know it was him until the end.

A couple of days had passed since she had her conversation with Jacob. Although it was nagging at the back of her head a little bit, she continued with her work like normal. She had arrived to her office after an early class to pick up the mail that was placed on her desk. It was normally school reports, notes from her boss... She almost glossed over the neatly folded envelope in her hands. She took it out and began to read it carefully, all four pages of it. Tiffany sighed, not wanting to jump to solutions about whom it was. One of the solutions that she had been told was simply ignore it. The message would be sent. But, she believed that if it was the person whom she believed it was...

This could be her only chance to make up with him.

Jacob leaned back, finishing his now seventh book. He had written this one solely about romance, all signing everything 'Rienfield,' the same way he had signed his letter.

She decided to simply go in the location that was designated in the letter immediately. Tiffany could feel the hair on the back of her neck begin to stand up as she began to close out on the location. What would happen? What should she say? Those were all questions that were running through her head.

Jacob always signed his letter now 'Rienfield,' for the use of a codename. He was confident she would never find him.

Tiffany sighed. She was not entirely sure if she was doing the right thing, so she decided to leave it alone for the time being. Who could have been the person who sent it to her? "A love letter..." She shook her head and sighed. "Maybe I should just tell another teacher about this and just leave it at that." Instead of continuing to look for the person who sent it blindly, she began walking to the location of her section head and sat down to talk to him about the love letter instead.

Jacob was writing something, not sure. He saw her approach.

Tiffany noticed Jacob nearby and gave him a small wave. "Nice to see you," she greeted him. "How are you?"

Jacob shrugged, "fine this day," he saw the letter, "what is that ma'am?"

Tiffany held out the letter and sighed. "A love letter, apparently," she answered, deciding to leave it at that. "I was actually on my way to the school offices to talk to them about it. Its the first one I've ever received, so I don't really know how to deal with it."

Jacob acted like he didn't write it, "perhaps the writer is shy?"

"I know that must be a reason," Tiffany answered. "But it doesn't matter about why they wrote it, what matters is that they did write it. Chances are, they are part of my work somehow. If they're a student, then I guess I'd have to leave it alone. If this is a co-worker, though..." Tiffany sighed. She truly did not want it to be her co-worker. "Just so I know, you're not the one who wrote this, right?"

Jacob shrugged, "what is the pen-name."

Status
Not open for further replies.