My Hero Academia: Future. OOC and discussion.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Both are included, whether you were accepted via invitation or exam they may be used to further your character plot :]

this is something i was thinking about earlier
what if someone passed the entrance exam like Deku, but didnt have a quirk. so theyd be quirkless in the hero course, thatd be a neat character

I think we're already past the entrance exam. I added a small tidbit about Takeshi's entrance exam in his bio and didn't get asked to remove it so I assume everyone passed it.

I just posted my intro, and I tagged you in it but if you don't want to reply that's cool, we can gloss over it and assume Takeshi was too flabbergasted to respond and Mika just flounced away as she's wont to do.

Reactions: Thaleko
I think we're already past the entrance exam. I added a small tidbit about Takeshi's entrance exam in his bio and didn't get asked to remove it so I assume everyone passed it.

I just posted my intro, and I tagged you in it but if you don't want to reply that's cool, we can gloss over it and assume Takeshi was too flabbergasted to respond and Mika just flounced away as she's wont to do.
your girl is real cute XD i think she'll confuse my vampy girl lol

Reactions: Ariel
Will definitely reply to that! I may just wait a few hours in case some of the others who haven't replied yet join in.

I was just thinking that some characters might have stood out in some way in the entrance exam so there can be preestablished impressions that makes character dynamics more interesting

• Creative
Is the meeting in the auditorium over? Or are those two just missing it?

All I can say is I know one of our members will be waiting until further story to appear..

Both of mine were recommended but I would assume my cat took part in the Entrance exam. The Oni got tested by a pro and rec'd (Still have not decided who that pro is however).

But yeah are we free to do whatever or is the entrance ceremony still ongoing?

Response up, and Hotaru was an examinee. I don't recall if I specified that in the history. Also, @Solar Soarfell were we going to use a discord or just utilize this thread for ooc chatter and such?

Response up, and Hotaru was an examinee. I don't recall if I specified that in the history. Also, @Solar Soarfell were we going to use a discord or just utilize this thread for ooc chatter and such?
A discord will be set up, I however will not be the owner of that department so I'll leave that too him! He currently has been heavy with work so everything will be under motion soon

cool :3
i also figured vitalis was an examinee, but with the alucard's prestige maybe she was recommended idk XD

ooo cool cool :>

Sorry for the delay making the post now

• Love
Reactions: Solar Soarfell
Once everyone has sent post in the story will finally get going! I understand the first post has been stagnant and once everyone has posted we'll have a real posting schedule going. I'm so glad everyone is here and once story gets going two more people are throwing their oc's in with us!

• Love
Reactions: Tiguidi
Hiiiii Solar! Mind if I hope in? I have a character already made :)

And now one more! Welcome back Lulu!! Discord's up top, even if everything is still early we're happy to have you!

Reactions: Lulunopia
Allow me to introduce my character then!

Poppins

Opal
THE TECH NERD
Name: Opal Hansson

Personality: Opal is a rather loud and bubbly individual who tends to talk more to technology than actual people. Though when you do get her talking to people it's all about technology and questions on how something works. If something interesting catches her eye she will ask numerous questions about how it works, this goes for people too. Opal loves to figure people out and learn about them. She just has a hard time holding back the flow of information she either has or needs to know. Though there's more to Opal than just that. Coming from a background of having nothing Opal is rather humble and doesn't take compliments too well. In fact she never knows how to react to them. Rather Opal loves to give compliments to people and let them know they are doing a good job or that everything will work out. She's positive like that.

With this however comes her downfalls. Opal is temperamental when it comes to people who harm others, no matter if they are a hero or villain. It goes against everything she knows to just attack without cause. Along with this comes her emotional side. She feels things on another level, as in she understands her feelings to the point she knows exactly why she's feeling a certain way; sometimes before it even happens. Opal, also, isn't the strongest physically and would often get picked on when she was younger. It caused Opal to rely more on her mind and become rather intelligent, far ahead of her peers. Because of this she does occasionally remind people how smart she really is, mainly by taking them down with words.

Sexuality: Pansexual

Zodiac Sign: Cancer

Height: 5' 1"

Weight: 113 lbs

Body Shape: Petite

Eye Color: Amber

Backstory: Growing up Opal had almost nothing, just her father, mother, and her 3 older siblings; May, Phoebe, and Liam. With just a small shack to live in her family, somehow, made ends meet. Being the youngest Opal was mainly taken care of by her older siblings, seeing as her mother and father worked multiple jobs and were home only on some weekends. Still, Opal never thought of her parents as HER parents. They never really held her or took care of her and her siblings. The only thing they were good for is food, water, and shelter. Everything else she got from her siblings. May was like a mother to Opal and always has been even to this day. Liam was the "dad" per say. He looked out for Opal and made sure she was always okay. Phoebe was her best friend, the one Opal went to when she needed to vent or wanted to have fun.

Though that all changed when Opal's quirk came out. In her family no one had a quirk, not even their parents. So, when Opal managed to fix their broken oven by touching it, everyone was shocked. Immediately her siblings were by her side, happy as could be that their little sister had a quirk. Though their parents looked horrified. They didn't want a child with a quirk, not that they hated the idea, they just didn't want the extra responsibility. A child with a quirk would have to learn the quirk and how to control it. That would cost money and time. Things they did not have much of.

The next day Opal was sent away, put in an orphanage where her siblings would never find her. Distraught at having been ripped from her siblings Opal withdrew into herself. For months she talked to no one, barely drank or ate anything, and only slept if exhaustion took over. Slowly her body deteriorated and eventually she was hospitalized. The news reached her family as they were the only ones that could fix Opal. A week later her siblings arrived at the hospital to see Opal. Joy and life spread through her and she wanted to live again. Months go by and soon Opal is leaving the hospital to go home with her siblings and parents; after having long talks about what they did of course.

Years pass by in an instant and before she knew it she was 13 and finally learning to control her power. She was living a normal-ish life again and she had a dream. Opal, with encouragement from her siblings, wanted to be a hero. So she worked extra hard in school, made top grades in the practical setting of school but was a little behind in the physical aspect. Still Opal just worked harder in that area, but she was still behind. The only thing in the physical setting she excelled at was using weapons and gadgets she would create.

At 16 she applied to UA High in hopes of making it and becoming a hero. She worked hard during the test to get in. So hard she thought she would pass out from exhaustion afterwards. To her surprise the hard work paid off and before she knew it she was off to UA High, ready to learn to be a hero.

Quirk: Technology Manipulation

Quirk abilities: Opal's quirk allows her to telepathically manipulate any form of modern technology. She is able to lift, move, and control technology as long as she has knowledge of what the tech is. With this comes an enhanced intelligence that allows her to comprehend how more advanced technology works without it being explained to her.

Quirk strength:
  • Enhanced Intelligence
  • Because of her extensive knowledge of technology Opal is able to make different types of gadgets.
Quirk weakness:
  • Anything that was made over 5 years ago Opal cannot manipulate. This is due to the tech being more flawed and easier to break or rust.
  • Opal is unable to manipulate technology that does not have a flow of energy going through it.
  • Opal is also unable to manipulate anything out of her sight range.
  • Can only manipulate one technology at a time for a period of 10 - 20 minutes each. This of course depends on the size and how advanced the technology is. If the technology is very tall or very advanced Opal cannot control the for longer than 3-5 minutes.
Gadgets:

Goggles - The function of the goggles is to allow the wearer to see great distances. It doubles as night vision goggles.
  • Weaknesses:
    • Can only see a maximum of 5 miles away. The farther the wearer looks the more power it takes.
    • Night vision can only last 5 minutes before it turns off.
Exo-Skeleton - Grants the wearer enhanced strength and speed when turned on.
  • Weaknesses:
    • Strength has its limits, the wearer can only lift 1,000 lbs or .5 Ton
    • Can only go a maximum of 10 mph. The higher the run speed the more power is drained.
    • She can throw as far as 2.5 miles.
Gloves - Allows the wearer to climb walls.
  • Weaknesses:
    • Can only climb a maximum of 2,000 feet before power is drained.
    • Can't stick to slippery material or metals
Electric whip - Acts as both a normal whip and can have electricity running through it.
  • Weaknesses:
    • Electricity be used for a maximum of 20 minutes before drained.
    • Length is 50 feet.

Theme Song: O.D.D. by Hey Violet | Nightcore Version

Ryoshi Inoru
Paladantis
82f0d9b2349afd295d4e95415d0400a7.jpg
Hair Color: Green
Eye Color: Yellow
Height: 6'0
Weight: 163

~ Quirk ~
Mantis

Type
Mutation

Ryoshi has many traits that a praying mantis would have, including greater strength proportional to his body weight, a hard carapace, 2 compound eyes for seeing movement, and the rest for sensing light, wings for gliding and jumping (though he's too big to fly), and clawed hands with sharp blades extending just beneath the wrist.

The advantages that these provide are pretty obvious at first. Many cutting attacks aren't as effective, being unable to cut through his carapace. However, bludgeoning and puncturing is still effective. But outside of that, his quirk is really only as effective as his own skill in combat, and not particularly useful for much else.

~ Personality ~
Ryoshi is actually a pretty average kid. He was the average of his class, he wasn't the leader of his friends, he liked the most popular girls, he watched the most popular shows, played the most popular games, and loved the most popular heroes. If he were a character in Shonen Jump, he'd be just a side character. A funny one, but a side character non-the-less. He might have a funny joke now and then and get his own episode once or twice, but ultimately he's just another face in the crowd. It's a wacky one for sure, but nothing too special.

The thing is, he recognizes this. He sees that his identity is kinda fake. Who is he? Is he just the average? He applied to UA because that's what everyone thought was cool and so did he. Was that his own choice though? These thoughts are his own, but they typically don't show even to himself.

That said, Ryoshi finds himself opinionated about the most mundane things. Pork vs Beef, Mayo vs Ketchup, Maids vs Nurses and so much more. You will always have a fun conversation with him if your looking for something stupid to discuss. He has also been known to use his wit to quite an effect from time to time, usually willing to jest at the expense of others (or himself).

~ Background ~
Ryoshi grew up without a father. It wasn't his fault or anything. He died before his mom even knew she was pregnant. But that didn't matter too much. His mom had to work hard for him though. The two of them being carnivorous would have been bad were it not for the fact that she was a butcher by trade. So meat wasn't an issue for them. However, he always had to entertain himself more often than not. This led to his interests falling pretty predictably at the top of the bell curve.

At school he just fell in line. Thanks to the uniqueness of quirks, he wasn't teased for his appearance at all, even if he wasn't the traditionally attractive person. But for the most part, he just followed the crowd and did what everyone else did. So he applied for UA because "I can do good." And that was about it for him.

~ Extra ~
Due to his upbringing in butchering, he is actually incredibly desensitized to blood and gore. At least as far as animals are concerned.