Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Sammy could have sworn before he went up the ladder that he had seen something tall and pale by the corner of his eye, but had he looked one more time then there had been nothing.

Sherry was lost in thought when Robert called out to her. "O-oh, thank you." Helping herself up from the ladder she'd wait for Sammy to come out before closing the latch behind her with a heavy thud. "I think I know what happened to this town...The guy who owned this place? I think he ate them. All of them." Sherry looked visibly shooked as she spoke. "We have to tell the others an- wait." As she turned around she realized that there now was another door to the right of the study room. "Was that door always there?"

@Lissamel @Atomyk @Hallway
ior0zyufjcmuqckn13wm.jpg

"For all we know, that door was always here and we were too busy bitching to even notice it." Chucky said as he approached the door with the rest of the group, looking at everyone as they kinda just stood around and talked instead of, yknow, opening it.

"Are you guys gonna open the damn thing or what?" Chucky asked in a bit of an annoyed tone. He'd do it himself if he could reach the doorknob. He didn't know how he was supposed to cooperate with these guys without killing one of them.

But... immortality is one hell of an inticing offer, isn't it?

@Jeremi @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Verite @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @NewDoor

vceRlbL.png

"Nah, it has to be the heart," Jack comments on Rottytop's words, "the heart is healthy for our body and tastes good. We've never had brains, but it looks unappealing for consumption, if you ask us. So many ridges..."

Jack looked behind to see the cat lady she had previously mistaken for someone else.

"Oh, Atalanta, you're up. We believe we're proceeding."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Midnight Maiden
That earned pause and narrowed eyes from Tarlotte, who looked less than amused by Jack's comment. She regarded the girl with a skeptical gaze, frowning visibly as she scrutinized her, tail flicking back and forth judgementally. "Who the hell is Atalanta? What kind of stupid name is that, anyways?" she demanded, features still set in a scowl. But the answer didn't matter, for she was occupied with other things.

Like trying to make sure to keep an eye out to assure nobody else tried to pet her like that catboy. And sniffing around for cake.

@Crow @tagsconstrictedonmobileah​

"Where the fuck're you gonna get a drink, dumbass?" Chucky questioned, finding Simon's attempts at being nice to the humanoid cat creature kinda pathetic.

@York @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Gummi Bunnies
As their group would start to walk around outside, Makoto looked to some of the others in their group. Some of these individuals were... pretty creepy, just as much as Chucky was--if not worse. Finding herself suddenly quiet uncomfortable, she stuck close to Joker and glanced to Sherry when she spoke.

"I'll gladly join you in going to town. It's a better plan than sticking around here," she stated, still unsure even where 'here' was. Nevertheless, she pressed on with the group.

It was then she would catch wind of Simon's offer to Tarlotte, finding it sweet. She frowned, however, when Chucky would say something negative about it. "He's only trying to help," Queen stated. "What's your name, sir?" she decided to ask Simon. It would be best for them to learn each other's names, at least, if they were going to staying together in a group.

Hearing another man speak up, Makoto would glance to Delsin. "We don't know where we are. None of us do. We're going into town to look for answers. If you want to come with us, you're more than welcome."

@Khan of the Mardu @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @York @Jeremi @dark
The town looked like something from the 1950s. ThoughA surprising number of shops and businesses could be found on either side. A hairdresser and a cloth store could be seen on the left side of the street and on the other was a small bank and a café. You could see from the windows that the mannequins were wearing tattered clothes and the area seemed as much in disarray as the bus station.

"That was the plan...but I can't help you with that," Sherry replied. "I'm as in the dark as anyone else here. But I'll do my best to get us out of this."

As the group wandered down the boulevard and conversed they suddenly heard like the breaking of glass. Looking around the window to the clothes shop had gotten a cracked hole in it that hadn't been their earlier.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee
"If we're going in there then none of us are going in alone. Strength in numbers. If there is something there then we have a better chance to fight it off." Having said that Sherry made her way towards the entrance to the stores and pushed the door open to get a look at the area.

Maybe it has just been a freak stone that someone kicked that broke the window? Again wishful thinking. For anyone to dared enter they found a similar scene as the rest of the town. Clothes were strewn all around the floor, piece of debris and random assortment of trash littered the area.

Looking to the cash register area you could see something shiny laying on the table.​

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee
Sherry held unto Makoto as she proceeded to lead her out. "I'm not sure what that was...but it's gone now." Was the only thing she said. Monsters created as bio weapons was one thing...but ghosts? Above her pay grade.

The only thing Kuro found was a crusty old sock that almost looked liked his tail.

Sherry turned to respond to Ethan "There was someone, something inside the mirror. Like a pale distorted figure. Queen saw more than I did though..."

Trevor found one of the mannequins had a scissor firmly planted in its hand. After some yanking about he'd managed to procure it for his own uses. Strange that such a flimsy looking mannequin held something like that in its hand though...

Soon enough everyone had left the Clothing store and re-joined with the rest of the group standing outside. "I think it's time that we should head to that big building. Maybe we'll find something there...something that might help us." She added.

As Sherry finished her eyes widened in surprise and if anyone turned around they'd realize why.

giphy.gif

The mannequins in the clothing store had started to move and rather quickly crashed through the window towards them five in total. One of the mannequins hands slid open revealing a pistol of some sort behind it. Sherry was not going to sit around and see what came out of it. "Run!"

Hopefully you decided to follow Sherry towards the huge building as bullets whizzed over your head. As they were running Sherry was hit in the shoulder by one of the mannequins but managed to grit through it and into the building, pulling up the giant steel door into the house. Inside they found that the place looked as bad everything else so far. Luckily enough the door had a very sturdy iron bolt lock on it that should block out any unwanted guest.

nintchdbpict000282388528.jpg

Other then the lock however it did not seem much friendlier then the outside. Sherry groaned in pain clutching her shoulder slumping down against the wall.

"I-I'm pretty sure the bullet went through," She replied groaning at the pain, concerned about the fact that the G-virus inside her body wasn't healing it. "I usually just shrug off something like this...guess this place is even weirder than I thought."

The first aid seemed to have done the trick and stopped the bleeding, though obviously Sherry wasn't out of the waters just yet, but this should do the trick. "Thanks for the assist," She replied getting back to her feet. "And here I thought I was going to be the one doing the rescuing."

"As okay as I'll ever be, considering the circumstances." Sherry emphasized that by clutching unto her wound. "I'm just glad that we're all still ali-"

*BOOM*

Sherry was interrupted by a booming knock on the front door.

The entire room went silent for a moment before it happened again, and again, and again. The knocks were applied with such force that the sturdy steel door nearly fell off the hinges, but despite everything it appeared the door would hold any unwanted visitor outside.

As quickly as it started the knocks subsided leaving the group in silence once again. "Sounds like heading back outside is out of the question." Sherry finally said to break the silence. "Guess we have this welcoming house to investigate then. Maybe we'll find some clues?"

If anyone had went past the stairs that went around the now dry fountain they'd found that it would open into a large foyer with another set of stairs in the middle heading up as well as a number of doors on either side of the room. As with the rest of the town the mansion was in several stages of decay. The chandelier hanging high up still looked rather majestic though, despite the dust and grime.​

7113463813_cc1c200dfe_b.jpg

Well up the stairs Chucky and the others found a long hallway and a door leading to the left. The hallway didn't seem to have anything out of the ordinary about it and looked surprisingly clean. However anyone with keen eyes would spot what appeared to be a knife laying inside the fire place at the end of the hall.​

"I'm ahead of you by over a hundred years,"
Sherry replied to the two. "Where I'm from it's 2013." This was certainly surprising, but at the end of the day not much weirder then anything they'd seen here so far. "I don't know how it works but sounds like we're all from different periods of time."

@thatguyinthestore @Verite @Yun Lee @UpperFloor
"Wait, hold on!" Sherry shouted after all but as Grell made her move towards the knife the fire place suddenly burst into life and singed her hand. The flames in the fire place subsided and the knife had vanished in its place was just a pile of ashes.​

Chucky was lucky. As he landed in the fireplace he didn't feel any heat emitting from it at all, in fact Chucky felt a slight chill running down his. Having been thrown in however made the pile of ashes fly out revealing what appeared to be a handle to a hatch under the ashes.​

"No arguments from me..." Sherry replied back. Even if she wanted them all to work together it was quite clear that some in their group were not team players.​

"He's not asking, but he really deserves it," Sherry replied to the girl. The doll wasn't getting any new friends at this rate. Nor would anyone probably cry if or when he was gone.​

"Or, I just go ahead and anyone who wants to follow can."
Even with her wound Sherry was ready to press onward into the mysterious house.​

"Be-" Sherry had a double take when Sammy came her way, but despite how he looked he hadn't done anything warranting suspicion...yet. "Be my guest. I'll take point anyone else who wants to follow just come after us."

With that Sherry started her descent. If Sammy followed after the darkness hit him straight on not even managing to see a few inches in front of himself. As they climb down, Sammy suddenly heard a scream from Sherry. Sounded like she had fallen. Taking a few more steps he'd realize that one of the ladders steps had broken sending Sherry falling right into the abyss.

He did however hear a soft groan that indicated that she had fallen to the bottom and at least for the time being was alive. Soon enough even Sammy reached the bottom. The darkness enveloped him and he could still not see anything but he could feel something knocking against his feet as he tried to walk around. Maybe if he felt around he could maybe find a light switch? As he pondered that he'd hear Sherry get up. "I-I'm okay!" She shouted up to the others. "Try to see if you could find something that would give us some light down here!"

@Lissamel @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Verite @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Crow @Upperfloor
While Seishin couldn't see Sherry or Sammy down there he could hear her. "Good idea! I'm going to try and see if I can find something down here to put the light on!"

"Well I'm not going anywhere!" Sherry shouted back up to Ethan. "Just do your best to stay safe okay?"

If anyone opted to go inside the door to the left they'd find themselves inside what appeared to be a study.

study-in-an-abandoned-mansion-photo-by-iris-beukhof--41336.jpg

Nothing in particular seemed to catch your eye when you walked in but perhaps there was something of interest you could find with some digging?​

@Verite @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Takumi @Others
Sherry didn't require to inform him because when Sammy flipped the switch the area would be illuminated by a lamp that was flickering in the ceiling. Now that the room was lit they could see that there wasn't much to it. The walls were bare, painted in a dull gray tone and not much else. "Oh my God!" But with light came clarity. The things they had been kicking around on the floor had been bones. Human by the looks of it if the skulls were any indicating.

"I think I liked this room more when it was dark..." Sherry responded grabbing the wall as support. As they stood about they suddenly heard something...was that...crying?

Looking to the source in a less lit corner of the area they could spy what appeared to be little girl all huddled up sobbing softly to herself.

@Lissamel @HatchRoom

Pulling on the book, Robert realized that it was some sort of mechanism connected to the bookcase that clicked open and pulled into the side revealing an opening in the wall.

Inside was an ax hanging from the wall. The blade was colored red, and both Ethan and Robert felt a whiff of rust as the bookcase slid aside. It seemed that the ax was of great importance hidden away like this.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Kaykay @StudyRoom
Luckily for Ethan it appeared that nothing happened when he grabbed for the ax.

The girl continued to sob into her arm as she addressed Sammy, "I-I was hiding..."

"Hiding?" Sherry asked coming up to the girl. "Hiding from who?"

"The master...he-he was in a very cross mood...hadn't gotten his fill."

Oh God...Sherry looked around at the bones scattered about. Where they...left overs? "What did he do?"

"I've always been bad at hiding." The girl looked up at the two revealing that half of her face was horribly burnt. "He said I was the most tender girl yet." With the last words escaping her lips the girl withered to ash leaving only a skull behind that fell to the ground with a loud thud.

When Sherry looked at Sammy, he could see that she was pale as a, well, ghost. "We're leaving. Now." It wasn't a request. It was a command as Sherry made her way with hasty steps towards the ladder to get out of this place.

@Lissamel @HatchetRoom
Sammy could have sworn before he went up the ladder that he had seen something tall and pale by the corner of his eye, but had he looked one more time then there had been nothing.

Sherry was lost in thought when Robert called out to her. "O-oh, thank you." Helping herself up from the ladder she'd wait for Sammy to come out before closing the latch behind her with a heavy thud. "I think I know what happened to this town...The guy who owned this place? I think he ate them. All of them." Sherry looked visibly shooked as she spoke. "We have to tell the others an- wait." As she turned around she realized that there now was another door to the right of the study room. "Was that door always there?"

@Lissamel @Atomyk @Hallway
"..."

rsz_hangry_by_teh_zombish-davzul8.jpg

"What's even with you all, mrow?! Scared some house is gonna get mew like you were scared of those dumb plastic people?" she remarked upon resurfacing from wherever she had been slinking about. "Hmph. I could handled those things no problem! Piece of cake, mrow~" she cooed, tail cheerfully wiggling before the newly formed proud expression fell to annoyance.

"...I want cake."

That earned pause and narrowed eyes from Tarlotte, who looked less than amused by Jack's comment. She regarded the girl with a skeptical gaze, frowning visibly as she scrutinized her, tail flicking back and forth judgementally. "Who the hell is Atalanta? What kind of stupid name is that, anyways?" she demanded, features still set in a scowl. But the answer didn't matter, for she was occupied with other things.

Like trying to make sure to keep an eye out to assure nobody else tried to pet her like that catboy. And sniffing around for cake.

@Crow @tagsconstrictedonmobileah​
Simon Henriksson
@Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore

Seeing that strange cat-girl was relatively... Silent even after he asked his question, he turned to Queen, who had asked his name, blinking a little as he realized he had yet to disclose it.

"Simon... Henriksson." He said.

Like one would probably expect, there was definitely a good hint of swedish in that name, but all the same... It looks like by the time he had responded, the others had already gone outside. So quietly motioning to the cat-girl, and any others lingering around, he too headed outside.

However, he found that the town outside was unsettling... And quite vacant, just like those dreams he used to have. It was when those freaky mannequins in a local store was discovered (sadly there wasn't anything useful there, save for some flimsy scissors), that he truly started to get freaked out. Impulsively, he reached a hand into his bag, rummaging around for a weapon, only to find it devoid of such a thing. Just his phone... Really.

Almost on cue, the mannequins suddenly started moving, and not just that... But one of them was armed! Instantly getting flashbacks to those gun toting creatures he had experienced in one of his dreams, recalling how quickly its weapon could deal some major damage... He didn't need to be told by Sherry too run, as he was already legging it, glancing back a few times to make sure the rest of the group wasn't getting left behind.

In the end, they all took shelter inside a... Not so welcoming looking house, but hey. Dream or not, this wouldn't be the first time he did such a thing (though this was of course, in his dreams that he did so. He couldn't recall resorting to such a thing while he was awake, perhaps until right now that is.)

It looks like while Sherry was treated by one of their group members, there was some trouble up ahead... As she had fallen down into a bit of a pit, where it was too dark to really see much. Though as he made motions to find a way down to her, it looks like others were one step ahead. Normally Simon would take out his phone and shine its light down there, but... He didn't have it with him at the moment, so that was ultimately a fruitless effort, so instead, he had to climb down to find out what was going on, or at least that was the plan. Unfortunately, the darkness down below gave him this awfull, wrenching feeling of fear, which planted his feet to the ground.

He was too far away to make out what was being said down below, but judging from the terrified expression of Sherry, when she came up, and what she said, about what she thought happened to the residents of this town chilled Simon to the bone. Granted he had seen some gruesome things in his dreams, the revalation that someone, or something here ate all of the locals, really didn't sit well with him.

Though hearing the cat-girl who had been trailing after them suddenly talk after all this time... Seemingly bluffing about being able to take on those mannequins (well, maybe she was strong enough, though it was probably not a good idea to put that notion to the test), and then mentioning something about wanting cake.

Seeing that a door seemed to have suddenly come into view after Sherry, and the others that had went down that hatch with her came out of that pit of bones, Simon frowned.

"Maybe there's a kitchen beyond that door... But... I don't know if we'll find any cake..." He said, musing out loud.

It was mostly just him vocalizing his thoughts, but he talked loud enough for the cat-girl nearby to hear, probably... But nonetheless, he would attempt to enter the newfound door, with the others, should it open anyways. Of course, this was a risky maneuver, as he had no idea what awaited him, but hey... This wouldn't be the first time...​

Last edited:
Robert, for just a second, thought Sherry was joking. It wasn't like what she was saying was a far cry from an outlandish story he himself might make up, but when he realized the look on her face, Robert knew she at least believed what she was saying. She seemed pretty scared, so he wasn't going to be the asshole who made it worse.

HJtQOvN.png

"The entire town? That doesn't seem right. For one, how would one even..." His voice trailed off once he saw who was coming up from behind Sherry. Not a human, certainly. Robert always figured he would manage some manner of cool if put into this kind of situation, but here and now, he couldn't help but stare.

"... Erm, right."

He was saved from momentary paralysis by the others from the study suddenly crowding around the area. There were others here that defined reality, but as more appeared, the less abnormal it all seemed. They were focused on a door that definitely hadn't been there before, but Robert was finding that to be rather normal in comparison to everything else. He needed to find some control in this strange place before his cool slipped even further.

"I'll go on ahead," he said, heading for the new door. "It would only be appropriate. I can't say much now, but let's just say I'm a known figure in the ghost hunting circuit."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu

Pulling the door open, Robert and the others were met with a spectacular sight!

9cb63d00e2e28319a3b0cf52858c9c94.jpg

The group were met by a lavish dining hall with a large table in the middle of it. Compared to the rest of the town and mansion this room seemed like it had been frozen in time. Not a speck of dust or other dirt in sight. While the table had been set there appeared to be only one seat that was taken.

At the far end of the table sat the, what you could assume was the corpse, of a huge grotesquely obese man dressed in a fine suit that seemed at least three sizes too small. Despite its huge girth the body looked otherwise shivered and the skin was like leather as if he had been mummified.

Sherry felt like a parrot but she felt it was best to say it anyway. "Everyone be really careful...I don't like this one bit."

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall

Honestly, the last thing Grell had been expecting was this room. "My, what decadence! So upkept and beautiful...so clearly this is the place we look out for the most. Say, why do you suppose this place stayed the same like the mirror and chandelier did?" In a town like this, anything that looked beautiful and new was, by extension, evil-or at the very least, highly suspicious.

"I'm guessing that portly thing over there is-or hopefully was-our dear cannibal. So perhaps we weren't meant to be meals after all?" Finding the corpse here just made her all the more confused. If the cannibal didn't bring them here...who did? Even so, Grell decided to get a good look at the banquet table-on their end of it. No way was she going anywhere near a corpse.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall​

The group were met by a lavish dining hall with a large table in the middle of it. Compared to the rest of the town and mansion this room seemed like it had been frozen in time. Not a speck of dust or other dirt in sight. While the table had been set there appeared to be only one seat that was taken.

At the far end of the table sat the, what you could assume was the corpse, of a huge grotesquely obese man dressed in a fine suit that seemed at least three sizes too small. Despite its huge girth the body looked otherwise shivered and the skin was like leather as if he had been mummified.

Sherry felt like a parrot but she felt it was best to say it anyway. "Everyone be really careful...I don't like this one bit."

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall

"If there really were cannibals, I guess they weren't hungry anymore."

Still, considering there wasn't much else to look at, Numahime decided to more closely investigate the corpse.

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall​

Last edited:
Ethan initially made no comment on the mummified man that sat before them. He wasn't so eager as to say it was the supposed cannibal himself, briefly entertaining the idea that he might have been a victim instead. Gripping his ax tightly, the man stood behind Grell, as though waiting for anything wrong to happen. He'd seen too much shit to know that sometimes, dead didn't really mean dead, especially if there were creatures like damned vampires or... "wendigo" involved.

"Maybe I ought to take his head off, just in case," Ethan half-facetiously said, honestly thinking through the idea as Numahime joined the fray as well, the man still examining the corpse to make sure he didn't move. "I think I've lost my appetite for a few days as it is myself."

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Jeremi @DiningRoom

For a long, long moment, Sammy seemed frozen in almost awe. Such...Color! Such light! Such saturation of hues, so clean, so...Pure. It was at this moment that he became very conscious of the ink he was made up of, and as he unfroze himself, he walked into the dining hall with his arms close to his body and kept away from any sort of furniture. Wouldn't want to stain.

Much like the rest, Sammy's attention did go to the corpse first. The final offering? Or perhaps things were more cannibalistic than he was willing to think. How beastly. Sammy couldn't even comprehend eating flesh...Though then again the only food he'd had in a long time were old cans of soup, and those wore out their welcome.

"So long as the master doesn't find us...But from where would it see us...?" He mused to himself, fingertips reaching up and tracing the edge of his mask, thinking.

He decided to try and answer that himself (to the extent of his knowledge and ability to assume things, of course) by merely looking around the dining hall, looking for anything suspicious...Or watchful.

[ @Jeremi @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Kaykay @Takumi @Crow @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kahn of the Mardu @Hopefully I'm not missing anyone

@DINING HALL ]​

"Hmph, dead while sitting before the feast he so desired. Almost ironic in a way," Joker commented with a hum as they walked into the dining hall, eyeing the corpse of the man at the head of the table. It was quite an interesting contrast to discover - such serene preservation of the room, yet also such a dilapidated host. Resisting the urge to pocket some of the silverware from the table (who knows, it might have been actual silver), the thief kept close to Queen and Sherry while his eyes remained on the body.

"One hundred on the body being reanimated."

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

Reactions: Takumi

Vlad took great care not to enter the room first, in case the area was trapped. When no one spontaneously combusted upon going in, he followed. "It seems that I may have given him too much credit. How... Disappointing."
Ethan initially made no comment on the mummified man that sat before them. He wasn't so eager as to say it was the supposed cannibal himself, briefly entertaining the idea that he might have been a victim instead. Gripping his ax tightly, the man stood behind Grell, as though waiting for anything wrong to happen. He'd seen too much shit to know that sometimes, dead didn't really mean dead, especially if there were creatures like damned vampires or... "wendigo" involved.

"Maybe I ought to take his head off, just in case," Ethan half-facetiously said, honestly thinking through the idea as Numahime joined the fray as well, the man still examining the corpse to make sure he didn't move. "I think I've lost my appetite for a few days as it is myself."

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Jeremi @DiningRoom

Vlad scowled at Ethan, as though, onve again, he didn't appreciate the joke. "You jest, little man, but making certain he will stay dead would not be foolish. Take it from me... The dead do not often rest easily when they've experienced such violent and needlessly cruel deaths."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

Last edited by a moderator:

"Hmph, dead while sitting before the feast he so desired. Almost ironic in a way," Joker commented with a hum as they walked into the dining hall, eyeing the corpse of the man at the head of the table. It was quite an interesting contrast to discover - such serene preservation of the room, yet also such a dilapidated host. Resisting the urge to pocket some of the silverware from the table (who knows, it might have been actual silver), the thief kept close to Queen and Sherry while his eyes remained on the body.

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk
Meanwhile, Chucky couldn't help but let out a laugh as they entered the dining hall and came across their host, who was a rather large man, now deceased.

chuckylaugh.gif

"HAHAHAHA!! Oh, what a fuckin' way to go, huh? Fatass over here bit off more than he could chew!!" Chucky exclaimed before letting out another laugh. The doll also appeared to have the same idea as Joker, as he soon began pocketing the silverware in his overalls, specifically the forks and knives.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Yun Lee @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Lissamel

Meanwhile, Chucky couldn't help but let out a laugh as they entered the dining hall and came across their host, who was a rather large man, now deceased.

chuckylaugh.gif

"HAHAHAHA!! Oh, what a fuckin' way to go, huh? Fatass over here bit off more than he could chew!!" Chucky exclaimed before letting out another laugh. The doll also appeared to have the same idea as Joker, as he soon began pocketing the silverware in his overalls, specifically the forks and knives.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Yun Lee @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Lissamel
The teen found herself even more disturbed when she would hear the news Sherry had to tell them. "What would make you think such a thing?" she questioned the other woman before glancing to the new door she would point out. "No, I--" Queen gaped at the door, honestly surprised to see it. "I don't ever remember a door being here."

And so, the mystery deepened.

Queen moved to check out this new room with the others, glancing around when she would enter the dining room. "Oh my god," she whispered to herself, eyes widening when she viewed the corpse. "Delsin, I almost want to say you were right about what you said before--even if you weren't serious at the time. It really does feel like we've been dropped into a horror movie." She hated the thought, but she still couldn't deny the facts.

"Oh god, I don't even want to think about that body being reanimated," Queen replied to Joker, nervously folding her hands together as she would slowly walk within the room. She shot yet another glare at Chucky when he laughed at the sight within the room. "Nothing about this is funny. Sherry is right; we really do need to be careful."

@Yun Lee @dark @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

As Ethan and Vlad joined her, Grell kept a doubtful frown on her face. "I second that, but first, we should try to, oh I don't know..." Grell tapped her chin. "There has to be some way we can check for booby traps or something before trying anything. This all seems so...convenient, you know? 'Oh, look, a knife right there in a fireplace!' 'Oh look, the dead body of the master of this house, in a door that appeared once you took an axe!' Hmm..." Grell looked at Joker and the doll. "Say, are you any good at darts? Perhaps we could throw some of the cutlery at the corpse from a safe distance."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay@Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall​

The teen found herself even more disturbed when she would hear the news Sherry had to tell them. "What would make you think such a thing?" she questioned the other woman before glancing to the new door she would point out. "No, I--" Queen gaped at the door, honestly surprised to see it. "I don't ever remember a door being here."

Queen moved to check out this new room with the others, glancing around when she would enter the dining room. "Oh my god," she whispered to herself, eyes widening when she viewed the corpse. "Delsin, I almost want to say you were right about what you said before--even if you weren't serious at the time. It really does feel like we've been dropped into a horror movie." She hated the thought, but she still couldn't deny the facts.

"Oh god, I don't even want to think about that body being reanimated," Queen replied to Joker, nervously folding her hands together as she would slowly walk within the room. She shot yet another glare at Chucky when he laughed at the sight within the room. "Nothing about this is funny. Sherry is right; we really do need to be careful."

@Yun Lee @dark @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

Delsin_comeon.gif

Delsin sighed and lifted a hand as to say "Oh COME ON!"

The man walked over to Queen and nodded, still eyeing around the room

"The more I see, things are getting creepier as we go."

Looking around the dining room, and said dead corpse wasn't making Delsin's attitude any better.
@Dining room

[/QUOTE]

"There was a little girl...inside that room where the hatch lead,"
Sherry started turning her attention towards Makoto. "And bones...human bones. The way she spoke...I think that's what happened here."

As Ethan and Vlad joined her, Grell kept a doubtful frown on her face. "I second that, but first, we should try to, oh I don't know..." Grell tapped her chin. "There has to be some way we can check for booby traps or something before trying anything. This all seems so...convenient, you know? 'Oh, look, a knife right there in a fireplace!' 'Oh look, the dead body of the master of this house, in a door that appeared once you took an axe!' Hmm..." Grell looked at Joker and the doll. "Say, are you any good at darts? Perhaps we could throw some of the cutlery at the corpse from a safe distance."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay@Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall​

That could have been a good course of action but Ethan and Numahime's inspection of the corpse caused it to suddenly gasp for air. Wheezing and coughing heavily the corpse regurgitated something that resembled black tar all over the table. "Visitors? In my house?" It wheezed out leaning back into its chair. "The servants where lying! Lying! I knew there were more towns people left. Oh if only I could get something to fill my stomach. I feel so weak..." The being tried to get out of its chair but its leg did not want to move and it helplessly flopped around before settling down again. "A little nibble. A little bite. Oh God hear my ravenous lamentations!"

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay@Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall

"There was a little girl...inside that room where the hatch lead," Sherry started turning her attention towards Makoto. "And bones...human bones. The way she spoke...I think that's what happened here."

That could have been a good course of action but Ethan and Numahime's inspection of the corpse caused it to suddenly gasp for air. Wheezing and coughing heavily the corpse regurgitated something that resembled black tar all over the table. "Visitors? In my house?" It wheezed out leaning back into its chair. "The servants where lying! Lying! I knew there were more towns people left. Oh if only I could get something to fill my stomach. I feel so weak..." The being tried to get out of its chair but its leg did not want to move and it helplessly flopped around before settling down again. "A little nibble. A little bite. Oh God hear my ravenous lamentations!"

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay@Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall

A sneer spread across the vampire's face, his suspicions confirmed about the corpse. He scooped up one of the knives. A paltry weapon, but a weapon nonetheless. "Such a repulsive creature." The King of Sylvania stepped forward, drawing himself up to his full height. Was this creature truly here, or was it caught in the time at which it died? "You! Wretched beast, bound to unlife! Tell me the purpose of your slumber, ere I bind you to your prison for eternity!" He bared his teeth, his fangs exposed, the noseless concave in the center of his face giving way to an empty void. Of course, while Vlad could ordinarily do that, due to his current, weakened state, the Vampire was bluffing.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

"There was a little girl...inside that room where the hatch lead," Sherry started turning her attention towards Makoto. "And bones...human bones. The way she spoke...I think that's what happened here."

"Oh, you really are alive fatty!" Numahime laughed brightly, flashing the "corpse" a girlish smile. She hadn't really expected that, but with the way things had gone so far this wasn't really that out there. "If you tell us where we are, what you were or have been doing, and maybe a little more, we'll let you have a little bite, hm?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall​

Vlad scowled at Ethan, as though, onve again, he didn't appreciate the joke. "You jest, little man, but making certain he will stay dead would not be foolish. Take it from me... The dead do not often rest easily when they've experienced such violent and needlessly cruel deaths."​
tumblr_inline_o0vlrlvGZ21rxsf53_100.png

"Oh, I wasn't jokin'. At least, not entirely," Ethan responded to Vlad, "Trust me, I know a thing or two about assholes callin' themselves undead, and I got my fair share of takin' the first part of that word out of the equation," he spoke. However, before he could say more, it was then that the decomposing "corpse" breathed himself back to life, startling Ethan lightly as he instinctively lifted up the ax a bit, ready to strike at the suspected cannibal, but stopping himself, deciding that until proven otherwise, the individual here didn't prove to be that big a threat.

With a furrowed brow and wary eyes, Ethan looked toward the man, still clutching his weapon tightly, finding that in place of his guns, this thing was to ensure his absolute security. The man's words perplexed Ethan just as much as everyone else, as he found himself wondering just who was behind this if the man here didn't have anything to do with it. He initially said nothing, letting Grell, Theo, and Vlad do the talking in his place, though when the cannibal practically begged to be fed, he couldn't help but get his own comment in.

"I'd suggest you answer the questions, kind sir. Else the only thing you'll be eatin' is your own leg when I feed it to you, if you love the taste of human so much," he grunted.

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @thatguyinthestore @DiningRoom