Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I-a promise. No more lies!" Luigi declared as he forced a small smile before turning back to I-No and the others. "When can-a they go home? I think that it's about time we let them leave." Luigi said with a nod. As far as he knew, this was all just a way to further publicize Isle Delfino to the masses, which they succeeded in. So what was left?

Meanwhile, Bowser Jr made his way over to Yato and kicked him in the knee right when Hiyori came over to him. Why? Well because he doesn't like Yato.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu

"... Absolutely disgusting..." Alesha sneered at the explanation, fury boiling at the plan they had in mind for those life schedules, "A prison is too good for those sadists..."

"Victorious, that is how a khan would fare," Alesha stated matter-of-factly, before cocking a brow at Yusuke's explanation. She couldn't help but sigh at the missed opportunity for glory through true battle... "Well, at least you are all safe my friend. As for those life schedules... no, you will not," A hand reached out to Yusuke's and gently squeezed it, almost as if the khan was trying to be reassuring rather than abrasive for once, "It does not matter who might attempt to enforce it upon you. I will make cleare that you are as free as any man should be."
"While I do believe you saying you will not lie again, I still question the others around us. If the game is over, I don't understand why they wouldn't have let us go home already," Yusuke replied. Luigi shouldn't even have had to ask I-No and the others if they could go home. As far as he was concerned, they should be making their way off this island already.

"Victorious?" the boy questioned Alesha, blinking. "As in, you won?" Although he asked her these questions, Yusuke didn't sound surprised in the slightest. He smiled confidently, proud of his friend's accomplishment.

iitV8gk.png

"I knew you could do it. I told you before we parted that I believed in you. From the first moment I laid eyes on you, I could tell there was something special about you. My artist's instincts are never wrong."
He paused before awkwardly adding, "I'd congratulate you, but I think we're all well aware that this game we suffered through isn't worthy of any celebration." Regardless, Yusuke couldn't help but feel a bit happy about it. The person he believed in had been the one to come out on top.

After hearing what Alesha would say about the life schedules, and even what Yato would say about not letting them happen, Yusuke felt encouraged. He didn't even need an answer to his question from before. Whether or not the schedules were supposed to happen, he wouldn't allow them to be so. His fate was in his own hands, just as it had always been. Even as an ex-member of the Phantom Thieves, he was well aware just how possible change could be if only you worked hard enough for it.

"You're right," he said with a nod, looking down at Alesha's hand when she would squeeze his own. While he was not used to this kind of contact, deep down he knew to wrap his fingers around her hand and give it a squeeze in return. "That book does not define me. Those books do not define any of us. My fate is my own and I will do what I please with it."

@Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Everyone​

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
"You would've been, Yusuke. But I explained it better earlier." I-No tuned her guitar. "I think I'm all charged up now. Who's ready for some memories?"

She began to play, and soon, you would all feel yourselves regaining a memory that was deeply repressed, as if locating a missing piece of a puzzle that evaded you for so long.

"...Trouble in Paradise, is what they're calling it."

Before you is a woman you've never met until only a few minutes ago. How you met her is different, depending on who you are. But all was the same in one respect: she came needing help.

"I'm a bounty hunter-well, trying to be. I've been a bad girl in the past, and want to atone. But for this job, I need some help." That was how she explained herself. "You see, I've found a conspiracy. Some crime boss is trying to get back to his former glory, and found some rich kids from a corrupt school to help him. They've set up a neat little scam for themselves: they trick some place into thinking they want to host a reality game show. Then, they bring their cast in, and have them compete in games of life or death."
ino-rl.gif

"The trick, you see, is that they don't kill anyone. They find a way to keep them alive, and send the losers off to the highest bidder. Human trafficking at its very worst. But I've found a way in. I'm going to set up myself and some moles of mine as the crew, and select the cast myself. People who I know can stop these monsters from doing any harm in the end...people like you."

Once you'd agreed to help, she gave you all the information. If you died, you would stay alive and stay in the volcano base until the finale. She would kill the student council off secretly, also keeping them alive. One girl, Mary, would be killed first, but switch places with the Vice President by locking the real Vice President in a cryogenic chamber. During the finale, they would all team up and fight the crime boss.

"Oh...but one last thing. You'll have to lose your memory of this conversation until the finale. Just so we can keep it authentic, y'know?"

And you agreed. And she smiled and shook your hand. "I look forward to working together."

@Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @dark @York @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Mari

"While I do believe you saying you will not lie again, I still question the others around us. If the game is over, I don't understand why they wouldn't have let us go home already," Yusuke replied. Luigi shouldn't even have had to ask I-No and the others if they could go home. As far as he was concerned, they should be making their way off this island already.

"Victorious?" the boy questioned Alesha, blinking. "As in, you won?" Although he asked her these questions, Yusuke didn't sound surprised in the slightest. He smiled confidently, proud of his friend's accomplishment.

iitV8gk.png

"I knew you could do it. I told you before we parted that I believed in you. From the first moment I laid eyes on you, I could tell there was something special about you. My artist's instincts are never wrong."
He paused before awkwardly adding, "I'd congratulate you, but I think we're all well aware that this game we suffered through isn't worthy of any celebration." Regardless, Yusuke couldn't help but feel a bit happy about it. The person he believed in had been the one to come out on top.

After hearing what Alesha would say about the life schedules, and even what Yato would say about not letting them happen, Yusuke felt encouraged. He didn't even need an answer to his question from before. Whether or not the schedules were supposed to happen, he wouldn't allow them to be so. His fate was in his own hands, just as it had always been. Even as an ex-member of the Phantom Thieves, he was well aware just how possible change could be if only you worked hard enough for it.

"You're right," he said with a nod, looking down at Alesha's hand when she would squeeze his own. While he was not used to this kind of contact, deep down he knew to wrap his fingers around her hand and give it a squeeze in return. "That book does not define me. Those books do not define any of us. My fate is my own and I will do what I please with it."

@Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Everyone​
Alesha couldn't help but chuckle at her friend's praise then awkward attempt at congratulating her without also praising the game itself. It was almost... adorable in its heartfelt embarrassment, "I understand, my friend, and I am glad you believed in me so fully... though despite the game, I welcome the praise as well if it is from you. Only from you though." To hear another warrior's acknowledgment of her strength and guile, whether as a slain foe or as a beloved companion... that was the feeling she enjoyed most in life, most of all when it was one she cared for that gave her glory. "As for what defines you... only you do, warrior painter. Those who might praise do so because your choices have made you into the image they approve of, their words meaningless except to make clear that they are wise and recognize the greatness you've made yourself into."

"You would've been, Yusuke. But I explained it better earlier." I-No tuned her guitar. "I think I'm all charged up now. Who's ready for some memories?"

She began to play, and soon, you would all feel yourselves regaining a memory that was deeply repressed, as if locating a missing piece of a puzzle that evaded you for so long.

Before you is a woman you've never met until only a few minutes ago. How you met her is different, depending on who you are. But all was the same in one respect: she came needing help.

"I'm a bounty hunter-well, trying to be. I've been a bad girl in the past, and want to atone. But for this job, I need some help." That was how she explained herself. "You see, I've found a conspiracy. Some crime boss is trying to get back to his former glory, and found some rich kids from a corrupt school to help him. They've set up a neat little scam for themselves: they trick some place into thinking they want to host a reality game show. Then, they bring their cast in, and have them compete in games of life or death."
ino-rl.gif

"The trick, you see, is that they don't kill anyone. They find a way to keep them alive, and send the losers off to the highest bidder. Human trafficking at its very worst. But I've found a way in. I'm going to set up myself and some moles of mine as the crew, and select the cast myself. People who I know can stop these monsters from doing any harm in the end...people like you."

Once you'd agreed to help, she gave you all the information. If you died, you would stay alive and stay in the volcano base until the finale. She would kill the student council off secretly, also keeping them alive. One girl, Mary, would be killed first, but switch places with the Vice President by locking the real Vice President in a cryogenic chamber. During the finale, they would all team up and fight the crime boss.

"Oh...but one last thing. You'll have to lose your memory of this conversation until the finale. Just so we can keep it authentic, y'know?"

And you agreed. And she smiled and shook your hand. "I look forward to working together."

@Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @dark @York @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Mari
Finger remaining intertwined with Yusuke's, Alesha winced a little as her memories returned... before a smile graced her lips again, proud of their choices to aid in this mission. The warrioress shot the witch an approving nod, "So that is the truth of things... Hmph, I knew that I would not take part in such a gruesome game just for personal gain. Thank you for revealing the justice that we sought, I-No... though this crime boss? Is he still a problem to put down?"

ino-rl.gif

"Woah... I... remember everything now." Shantae said, a palm placed to her forehead as she remembered her conversation with I-No back in Scuttle Town. "Yeah, is he still a threat? Because if he is, I'm ret2go!" Shantae exclaimed in agreement with Alesha as she slammed her fist against her palm. That was the whole reason she came here, so they might as well put an end to it.

tumblr_ms7ko8qkDL1rsmq32o1_1377638504_cover.jpg

"Wait... what crime boss?" Luigi asked, obviously oblivious to what was going on.

Shantae tilted her head.
"You mean you didn't know?"

"I mean I thought I knew what was-a going on but... I don't even know what to think anymore!" Luigi exclaimed as he took his hat off and ran a hand through his hair.

Poor Luigi was the real victim here.

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @whoever

ino-rl.gif

"Ah, there it is!"
The Doctor seemed to again take this all in stride. "Well with that taken care of perhaps we shall get on with it, yes? Not much left to do now after all. This crime boss as Alesha says. I assume one final loose end?"

@Yun Lee @Everyone

tumblr_nwk4eq4Pdy1sg9gi2o2_400.gif

Huh.

Well, that made more sense, or so Gon thought to himself.

Certainly, the initial explanation that he had just decided to up and abandon training with Killua and Biscuit to go on some game show or something was strange to him, so the clarification that it was actually an investigation into a crime syndicate was more plausible. The young Hunter thought back to his time in Yorknew City and his encounter against the Phantom Troupe, wondering if that perhaps explained it. Not that he was officially a Blacklist Hunter, but it wasn't like it was against the rules or anything to hunt down criminals that he might stumble upon, right?

Of course, he still had plenty of questions concerning if Biscuit was in on this, if Killua was on some other assignment somewhere else as a result, and what, but maybe he could just piece all that together when he got back home, or rather, where he'd been staying before.

055.png

"..."

He remained silent as he processed all the information (or at least tried to, bless his simple mind), but he seemed to have gotten the gist of it relatively quickly, nodding along with I-No, Alesha, and the Doctor. The sight of those students from before dying... There was still some loose end that needed to be resolved before it could all be considered over, right?

"Yeah, I guess now that the jig's up for everyone, the only thing left to do now is go for it with all we got!" Gon said with rejuvenated zeal, enthusiastically clenching his fists, "No more games and tricks! Right?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @Everyone

ino-rl.gif

"Woah... I... remember everything now." Shantae said, a palm placed to her forehead as she remembered her conversation with I-No back in Scuttle Town. "Yeah, is he still a threat? Because if he is, I'm ret2go!" Shantae exclaimed in agreement with Alesha as she slammed her fist against her palm. That was the whole reason she came here, so they might as well put an end to it.

"Wait... what crime boss?" Luigi asked, obviously oblivious to what was going on.

Shantae tilted her head.

"I mean I thought I knew what was-a going on but... I don't even know what to think anymore!" Luigi exclaimed as he took his hat off and ran a hand through his hair.

tumblr_inline_nulypbZLQk1typ8ok_100.png

❝ Uu! I remember now! Let's work together, and resolve this once and for all! ❞
Maria figured that this would be her first venture out of the Metaworld to assist as the Witch of Origins. Even without magic, she was up to it, possibly surprising Beatrice when she went off and so. Now, the young girl was determined to do what she can. Glancing around, she noticed some people that she hasn't seen in awhile since the beginning of this experience.

❝ SHANTAEEEEE!!! RISKYYYYYYY!! UU- UU- UUUU!! ❞
Maria exclaimed as she ran over to the two, ready to give a tackle hug.

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Yun Lee

"Oh no, dears, don't worry. One of my associates is dealing with that fellow. But I believe we have one last member here..."

Mary pointed at Ririka. "You...you're the Vice President, aren't you?"

"........" Ririka was silent a moment, but hung her head.

"....yes. I am the Vice President...Ririka Momobami."

ino-rl.gif

Alesha couldn't help but chuckle at her friend's praise then awkward attempt at congratulating her without also praising the game itself. It was almost... adorable in its heartfelt embarrassment, "I understand, my friend, and I am glad you believed in me so fully... though despite the game, I welcome the praise as well if it is from you. Only from you though." To hear another warrior's acknowledgment of her strength and guile, whether as a slain foe or as a beloved companion... that was the feeling she enjoyed most in life, most of all when it was one she cared for that gave her glory. "As for what defines you... only you do, warrior painter. Those who might praise do so because your choices have made you into the image they approve of, their words meaningless except to make clear that they are wise and recognize the greatness you've made yourself into."

Finger remaining intertwined with Yusuke's, Alesha winced a little as her memories returned... before a smile graced her lips again, proud of their choices to aid in this mission. The warrioress shot the witch an approving nod, "So that is the truth of things... Hmph, I knew that I would not take part in such a gruesome game just for personal gain. Thank you for revealing the justice that we sought, I-No... though this crime boss? Is he still a problem to put down?"

Shantae tilted her head.

3IB9kDO.png

"Only from me? Very well then, I shall take that as a compliment," Yusuke replied, unsure as to why she wouldn't accept such praise from anyone else. Before he could further think on this, however, he found himself uttering a chuckle at what she called him. "Warrior painter?" Yusuke questioned. "Now that's a nickname I've never been called, and I've had several nicknames. Although, I suppose it is fitting enough. Anyhow, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I hope you will do the same, Alesha," he stated with a small nod. No matter what happened, they should all follow their hearts and do what they needed to do. No notebook could control them.

Yusuke also forgot about their hands, distracted by sound of I-No's guitar and the feeling of his memories returning. It was as if a fog instantly was cleared within his mind and he could now see everything in crisp detail. He remembered why he had agreed to come here. He hadn't been forced into playing some cruel game against his will. No, he had volunteered to go so that he could be a help to those who needed it. Although he had complained about helping others sometimes and was more focused on the events taking place in his own life circle, Yusuke had a heart for helping others. When requested to come to the island, he couldn't pass it by.

"I find it rather odd my help would be desired when my friend Akira is much more capable and heroic than I am," he mumbled mostly to himself at first before speaking out to the others. "I agree with everyone. Having recalled this information, I can feel a large weight lifted off my shoulders. I desire to help finish what we started and eliminate this crime boss if he is still a problem." There was no more time for playing around. They had to end this.

Upon hearing this person wasn't a threat, however, Yusuke turned to look at Rikrika. "Ririka-san?" he questioned, tilting his head. "You're part of this?"

@Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Everyone​

tumblr_inline_ocfowrHGHZ1r3leyb_100.png

Wrapping his arms around Hiyori without any intention of letting her go any time soon, the god laid there and groaned.

"Is that really how you treat the person that fed you?" he complained towards Bowser Jr, before Hiyori spoke again. Resting his chin on the top of Hiyori's head the god decided to try and soothe her the best he could.

"I'm glad you're okay yourself...if you had died, whether it was fake or not there'd be hell to pay. You didn't get hurt from that fall did you?" he asked.

The life schedules being brought up again caused the god's grip around Hiyori to become more firm.

"I saw our life schedules. Yours said that you'd stay a half-ayakashi and join a circus and eventually marry some gardener and become a mother and never see me again. Well, like hell I'd let that happen." he said before he felt his cheeks grow warm.

tumblr_inline_ocfp6hz8TB1r3leyb_100.png

"I still have your wish to fulfil."

@Midnight Maiden
MFGhl.jpg

She almost didn't notice them falling to the ground, in all honesty, the force of her hug bringing them both down with her atop his chest. And in all honesty? She didn't care, save for a small part of her suddenly filling with worry that she may have unintentionally hurt him in the action. But thankfully, a quick once over seemed to show he was okay enough, or at least not seriously injured. With that deduced, she relished the feeling of his arms wrapping around her, the warmth that came from being pressed so closely against him, their bodies fitting together against each other perfectly.

There was nowhere else in the world she'd rather have been, in that moment.

"...I'm sorry,"
she eventually spoke, reluctantly tilting her head up just slightly to regard the male, doing her best to not disturb his own position with his head rested on hers. She had heard the groan, and did feel bad for knocking him down like this, which showed in the mild tinge of guilt and sheepish embarrassment in her shining eyes. Through her tears, she smiled brilliantly, lips wavering only slightly through the gesture. "I-I'm fine, but are you..? I... I saw you....- I know it was fake, but....--" The words wouldn't come out, too painful to make their way out. So instead, she mended, forcing her smile to strengthen through the painful memories. Breathe. Just needed to breathe.

tumblr_inline_nzoh2682cA1r3leyb_100.png

Which she promptly stopped doing when Yato spoke up on the matter of the life schedules, her mouth falling into a small 'o' shape and eyes showing mild surprise. She was visibly, confused, and slowly, her features shifted to a look of unamused discontent. "...A gardener?" she muttered, the idea absolutely ridiculous. But that mild annoyance was nothing, her features shifting to full-on horror at the mention of her never seeing him again. "Wh-what?!" she burst out, eyes going wide as saucers. "Th-that can't be right! I--"

"..."

tumblr_inline_o0yp9ismRz1tivedm_100.jpg

Her words trailed off as Yato went on to say he wouldn't let this happen, that he still had to uphold her wish. Their promise. It left the female speechless, her gaze lifting to meet his bright blue eyes with stunned silence, filled with awe and admiration. A faint blush began to cross her cheeks after the words were uttered, painting them in a warm crimson color as she stared into those beautiful, beautiful eyes. And somehow, staring into those stunning eyes, she knew he spoke the truth. And her heart was put at ease, even as she inexplicably felt memories lost pouring back to her. And so she smiled gently, still staring into his eyes.

@Takumi @Whoevs​

"Oh no, dears, don't worry. One of my associates is dealing with that fellow. But I believe we have one last member here..."

3IB9kDO.png

"Only from me? Very well then, I shall take that as a compliment," Yusuke replied, unsure as to why she wouldn't accept such praise from anyone else. Before he could further think on this, however, he found himself uttering a chuckle at what she called him. "Warrior painter?" Yusuke questioned. "Now that's a nickname I've never been called, and I've had several nicknames. Although, I suppose it is fitting enough. Anyhow, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I hope you will do the same, Alesha," he stated with a small nod. No matter what happened, they should all follow their hearts and do what they needed to do. No notebook could control them.

Yusuke also forgot about their hands, distracted by sound of I-No's guitar and the feeling of his memories returning. It was as if a fog instantly was cleared within his mind and he could now see everything in crisp detail. He remembered why he had agreed to come here. He hadn't been forced into playing some cruel game against his will. No, he had volunteered to go so that he could be a help to those who needed it. Although he had complained about helping others sometimes and was more focused on the events taking place in his own life circle, Yusuke had a heart for helping others. When requested to come to the island, he couldn't pass it by.

"I find it rather odd my help would be desired when my friend Akira is much more capable and heroic than I am," he mumbled mostly to himself at first before speaking out to the others. "I agree with everyone. Having recalled this information, I can feel a large weight lifted off my shoulders. I desire to help finish what we started and eliminate this crime boss if he is still a problem." There was no more time for playing around. They had to end this.

Upon hearing this person wasn't a threat, however, Yusuke turned to look at Rikrika. "Ririka-san?" he questioned, tilting his head. "You're part of this?"

@Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Everyone​
"Am I to assume she is a friend of yours that you made while gone from my company?" Alesha openly glared at the girl who admitted to her part in the student council, not sparing Yusuke a glance for a moment. Despite the warmth her friend had filled her with given his earlier comments, the woman couldn't help but be exceptionally cold to one of those who helped torture them.

"Y-Yes..." She couldn't look Yusuke in the eye. "I'm Kirari's twin sister...my only desire is to help her...b-but...once I woke up, saw you all...I...I knew we were doomed. I knew...s-so I got scared. Without my m-mask, I'm always so scared...I'm sorry for lying..."

She started sobbing, and Mary rolled her eyes. "Oh, give me a break..."

"...if you w-want...you can kill me, if you want. For my part in this...I-I deserve to die..."

@Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @dark @York @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Mari

Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at the woman that Mary pointed and then heard her crying. She felt bad for her though. " I don't think killing her is the answer. Murder is never the answer.... it can't be. It doesn't solve anything. Neither does offering death to yourself. There is always a better way." Rita refused to believe it was the right answer.

@Yun Lee

"Am I to assume she is a friend of yours that you made while gone from my company?" Alesha openly glared at the girl who admitted to her part in the student council, not sparing Yusuke a glance for a moment. Despite the warmth her friend had filled her with given his earlier comments, the woman couldn't help but be exceptionally cold to one of those who helped torture them.

"Y-Yes..." She couldn't look Yusuke in the eye. "I'm Kirari's twin sister...my only desire is to help her...b-but...once I woke up, saw you all...I...I knew we were doomed. I knew...s-so I got scared. Without my m-mask, I'm always so scared...I'm sorry for lying..."

"...if you w-want...you can kill me, if you want. For my part in this...I-I deserve to die..."

@Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @dark @York @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Mari
Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at the woman that Mary pointed and then heard her crying. She felt bad for her though. " I don't think killing her is the answer. Murder is never the answer.... it can't be. It doesn't solve anything. Neither does offering death to yourself. There is always a better way." Rita refused to believe it was the right answer.

@Yun Lee
n2jNDPM.png

"She is," Yusuke replied to Alesha, dropping his hand free from hers. He frowned, his gray eyes searching Ririka for answers. Still, when she would say they could kill her, Yusuke shook his head. He stepped in front of her, almost protectively. Unlike Alesha, he couldn't be cold to her--at least not yet. "I agree with Rita-san. I'm not going to let anyone kill you. You don't deserve to die. If anything, you can atone by helping us finish this so we can go home," he told the girl.

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited by a moderator:
Epilogue, Part 2
"All's Well that Ends Well"

"Ahem!" I-No would appear onstage, giving a dazzling smile to the audience. Axl would be following her, pulling a gigantic present on a wooden plank with wheels. "Sorry for the delay, everyone. Poor Axl here isn't quite up to tempo."

"You try luggin' this thing around…" he grunted. Clearly I-No hadn't done that at all.
maxresdefault.jpg

"And risk breaking a nail? I just got them done! Anywho…should we present Alesha with her, well, present?"
kakegurui.jpg

"Of course. And after that, you'll all be free to go home." The audience gave the stage their full attention as Kirari took her place by the present.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for your hard work during this show. We all hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as we did. We also hope this show gives Isle Delfino more publicity and tourism, as your beautiful home deserves. And now…we reward our victor with her grand prize." She grabbed the ribbon of the present and pulled. "One million-"

"W…What…"

Once pulled, the ribbon would pull off, releasing the front of the present. Instead of unveiling money, however, it revealed something far worse: the dead, slumped-over bodies of Kaede Manyuda and Sayaka Igarashi. The two of them had their throats slit, and by the look of the browned blood, they had been dead a while. Kirari's hands flew to her mouth, staring at the two in pure horror. "What…what is this…"

The crowd murmured uneasily, unsure if this was part of the show or not. The Vice President stood stoic, as did I-No. Axl had to look away.
i-nofeature.jpg

"What's wrong, Kirari? Was this not according to your plan?" I-No smirked at the president, before strumming on her guitar. A large projector screen would appear onstage, with a projector to go with it. "Wait until you see this!"
---
The screen would show Yuriko Nishinotouin, the host of the first game, convulsing on the ground. A spilled cup of tea lay nearby. I-No leaned over her, dangling a small vial inches above Yuriko's face. "Looking for the antidote, darling? It's right here...only if you can reach it, though." She cackled, keeping the vial just centimeters out of Yuriko's desperate hand, until the hand finally fell to her side.
---
"…oh my God..."
---
The screen would change again, this time to show Yumemi Yumemite. I-No once again was the murderer, strangling Yumemi. The idol struggled to break free, but I-No kept her foot on Yumemi's back to keep her pinned to her seat and to the vanity.
---
"W-Why…"
---
Another change. Yumeko Jabami would be shown shooting Midari Ikishima in the head, then shooting a camera. Without noticing the other camera nearby, she would twist open a trinket, revealing her true identity to be…
ririka-momobami-foto.jpg

---
"You?!" Kirari turned to her Vice President, eyes wide. "N-No…how could you…"

"Runa ended up shoved off that robot," I-No said nonchalantly as the camera feed turned off. "But that's nothing compared to that little reveal."

"And nothing compared to this." The Vice President stormed towards Kirari, who stumbled back, mortified.
tumblr_ow3cc2AHEJ1sg8uefo3_400.gif

"You made a fool of me. You and your entire council. I would be an idiot to let you all get away with this scheme of yours. Luckily, though…"
She produced a trinket, untwisting it.

"The only idiot here…was you."

The green energy everyone was now familiar with surrounded the Vice President, and she began to change. Long silver hair became shorter, blonde, and in pigtails. The mask vanished, leaving a human face-one contorted into a smug smile. Standing before them all was none other than the real Mary Saotome.
tumblr_otjsf3Qnd21t0lt8go2_500.gif

"It takes more than a bump on the head to get rid of me!"

I-No stepped beside Mary. "It's over, my sweet Kirari. Consider this your swan song."

"No…no!" Kirari pressed her back against the present. "This…it's all wrong! Where is she? Where is…"

VROOOOM!
Kirari never finished her question, as from behind the stage came…a van?
latest

Yes, a van, and it blared classic rock as it literally flew in and landed right on Kirari and the present. The driver peeked out with a triumphant grin.
d682503424610d84b50223544ca9236f--archer-show-danger-zone.jpg

"Ha! You just got vanned!"

"Hold on, hold on." From the passenger side, Jack eould emerge.
wa33.jpg

"You had all this time to think up a badass one-liner…and you go with, 'you just got vanned?'"

"Uh, Yeah? It's good!"

"No, no, see, had you said, like, bitch at the end, or motherfucker, or something like that, then it would be good. You just sound like a loser."

"And I should take dialogue advice from a guy who played the most annoying character on this island because…"
I-No_zps36cacf27.png

"Will you both shut up?! Honestly!" I-No rolled her eyes. "Thank God I wasn't in the volcano during this damned ordeal…" She turned to the crowd.
maxresdefault.jpg

"Sorry, everyone, but we have some business to take care of-the real grand finale."

"That's right! Quickly, everyone, into the van!"

"Oh, Hell no! I have a better idea…" With that, I-No once again shredded on her guitar, causing yet another earthquake. This one was so powerful, it even managed to alter things outside her reality.

Epilogue

Final Chapter
"Deal with the Devil"

"Whew...thank goodness that's over." Ririka would slump down to the floor. "Hopefully nothing pops out at us again...huh?!?!"

A large cloud of blue and black filled the area, and soon, everyone who had yet to die had arrived. They were unconscious, save for I-No, who wiped some sweat off her brow.

In the case of everyone from Pianta Village, when you awoke, you would be in a…pawn shop? Weird. But hey, at least the people who died are here! Well…most of them. Some are missing. You also find all your weapons here, as well. Axl, Luigi, Mary, and I-No are all here, both Axl and Luigi having been taken with you all.
View attachment 147154
Axl groaned, rubbing his head as he winced. "Every bloody time…"

I-No, meanwhile, sat on one of the display cases. "I'll give you all a few minutes to reunite," she said. "Then we all need to have a little chat."

Starring:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Risky Boots (Shantae)
@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson (Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mari as Yamashiro (KanColle)
@Mason Moretti as Starlow (Mario and Luigi series)
@Midnight Maiden as Hiyori Iki (Noragami)
@Minerva as Ritsuka Fujimura (Fate/Grand Order)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@Takumi as Yato (Noragami)
@thatguyinthestore as Shantae (Shantae)
@Khan of the Mardu as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@York as Ami Kawashima (Toradora!)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)​
Before Yusuke had the opportunity to say anything else he would turn around to see the rest of the living group had met up with them. He gasped, a frown forming on his lips. "How tragic, all of you have died. How did you--" Yusuke cut himself off remembering the theory of them not never having died. He cleared his throat. "Never mind. It's wonderful to see you all! You look well, Ernesti-san," he said before answering his question. "We've been... babysitting an unruly child, running from a man chasing us, I'm supposed to get married next week, and we fought an enemy who tried to take Starlow. What... happened to you all? How did the last game turn out and how did you end up here?" After questioning them, he peered through the group, looking to spot Alesha and see if she was okay.

@Takumi @thatguyinthestore @York @Mason Moretti @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @Midnight Maiden @Everyone #Good to be back B)​
images

Now appearing in a "pawn shop", Radec turned toward the weapons and eyed his in particular. Not waiting, he finally hopped over the counter and grabbed his M32 knife, and a few of his other weapons, but he frowned when he noticed one missing from the shelf.

"Where is my... other weapons?!"

He scoffed and turned toward the room and looked noticing a lone female named Ami carrying his pistol.

"I suppose.. you know how to use the weapon now?"

@York

The Colonel eyed his other weapons connecting them back to himself and muttered "If a reality show caused this much chaos...There's a lot more shit coming at the Helghast back home.

ino-rl.gif

Maria figured that this would be her first venture out of the Metaworld to assist as the Witch of Origins. Even without magic, she was up to it, possibly surprising Beatrice when she went off and so. Now, the young girl was determined to do what she can. Glancing around, she noticed some people that she hasn't seen in awhile since the beginning of this experience.

Ami Kawashima
@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @dark

Ami had honestly forgotten that she was still holding onto Radec's pistol by the time the others arrived to join them.

htSz1zw.png

"Oh this? Any dummy can figure it out. Anyways, I don't need it anymore. You can have it." She said, seeming quite eager to hand the pistol back.

All things considered, she didn't feel like she'd need it anytime soon, but perhaps she'd have to arm herself... Somehow.

Nonetheless, she was quickly distracted by the presense of Maria, who had resumed her "uuu-ing", which was quickly getting on her nerves... But seeing that she was in the middle of some sort of reunion, she decided to hold off on throwing something at her... For now.

ctCciHP.png

"God... I hate that sound..." She muttered to herself.

Looks like things were back to normal, well... Sort of?

Evidently there had been some huge plot to capitalize on the misery of others, and eventually traffic off the losers of this event to whoever was interested in the trade... Something that disgusted her to the core. Ami didn't hesitate to agree to help, acknowledging the plan of action that would (hopefully) bring and end to this event once and for all.

While it seemed she wouldn't remember all of this information until the "finale", so to speak... She still felt it was better than trying to co-operate with whatever twisted things those that held them here had in store next. Thus, she shook I-No's hand, and decided to wait and see how things played out, for now anyways.​

"Our school has a curriculum that revolves around gambling. When you're in debt to the student council, you become a housepet. You remember that nametag Yumeko was asking for in the plane? When you're a housepet, they give you one of those. You're like a slave. And if you can't pay them back, you get a schedule detailing your entire life, so that the student council can have more power and influence than in just our school alone. I had one where I was going to marry some pedophile senator and have three children."
maxresdefault.jpg

"Thank God I got out of that..."

@Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore

ino-rl.gif

"That's incorrigible!"

Ernesti exclaims in an angry manner.

"It's one thing to host a morbid reality TV show for us to participate in, but to imprison our destinies forever..."

Ernesti pats Ikaruga's plating as an unusual grin appears on his face.

zfoKS1k.jpg

"... nothing pisses me off more than blocking one off from their hobbies for eternity. That which had been described truly is a fate worse than death. Hey partner, you missed out quite a bit of fun, let me make it up to you, alright?"

Ernesti briefly looks at Mary and asks her a question regarding this supposed twin sister. "What are the chances that we are currently being decieved, Miss? The Student Council does have a knack for being two-faced."

@Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @dark @York @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Mari

"Hu--WOAH!" Before Shantae even had a chance to figure out what was happening, she found herself getting tackle hugged by none other than Maria herself! Well, doing the only logical thing, Shantae wrapped her arms around the young girl and pulled her close to her with a grin.

"Well hey Maria! I can tell you missed me!"
Shantae said with a chuckle as she hugged her back.

@Gummi Bunnies

latest

Yamashiro was very happy to get her working outfit back, as well as her planes. Before she would have a chance to really cherish the reunion with her pilots, though, it seemed there was going to be a fight on their hands. She noticed Ernesti having a vengeful mood to him... and the way he was gesturing with his craft, he seemed seriously considering a capital punishment. It was something she never saw in him, and it shook her a bit... but she kept her awareness, and felt she needed to respond now. For her friend here, she wished to take care of him, just as she would take care of her sister or anyone else in the fleet. She gently raised a hand to Ernesti, and spoke to him calmly:

"Ernesti, I can understand the desire to punish someone for wrongdoing. But please, do not let yourself commit something equal or greater to the wrongdoer. There is a right way to do this, my ally and friend, please think about it before you act."

@Crow @Yun Lee

Reactions: Takumi
MFGhl.jpg

She almost didn't notice them falling to the ground, in all honesty, the force of her hug bringing them both down with her atop his chest. And in all honesty? She didn't care, save for a small part of her suddenly filling with worry that she may have unintentionally hurt him in the action. But thankfully, a quick once over seemed to show he was okay enough, or at least not seriously injured. With that deduced, she relished the feeling of his arms wrapping around her, the warmth that came from being pressed so closely against him, their bodies fitting together against each other perfectly.

There was nowhere else in the world she'd rather have been, in that moment.

"...I'm sorry,"
she eventually spoke, reluctantly tilting her head up just slightly to regard the male, doing her best to not disturb his own position with his head rested on hers. She had heard the groan, and did feel bad for knocking him down like this, which showed in the mild tinge of guilt and sheepish embarrassment in her shining eyes. Through her tears, she smiled brilliantly, lips wavering only slightly through the gesture. "I-I'm fine, but are you..? I... I saw you....- I know it was fake, but....--" The words wouldn't come out, too painful to make their way out. So instead, she mended, forcing her smile to strengthen through the painful memories. Breathe. Just needed to breathe.

tumblr_inline_nzoh2682cA1r3leyb_100.png

Which she promptly stopped doing when Yato spoke up on the matter of the life schedules, her mouth falling into a small 'o' shape and eyes showing mild surprise. She was visibly, confused, and slowly, her features shifted to a look of unamused discontent. "...A gardener?" she muttered, the idea absolutely ridiculous. But that mild annoyance was nothing, her features shifting to full-on horror at the mention of her never seeing him again. "Wh-what?!" she burst out, eyes going wide as saucers. "Th-that can't be right! I--"

"..."

tumblr_inline_o0yp9ismRz1tivedm_100.jpg

Her words trailed off as Yato went on to say he wouldn't let this happen, that he still had to uphold her wish. Their promise. It left the female speechless, her gaze lifting to meet his bright blue eyes with stunned silence, filled with awe and admiration. A faint blush began to cross her cheeks after the words were uttered, painting them in a warm crimson color as she stared into those beautiful, beautiful eyes. And somehow, staring into those stunning eyes, she knew he spoke the truth. And her heart was put at ease, even as she inexplicably felt memories lost pouring back to her. And so she smiled gently, still staring into his eyes.

@Takumi @Whoevs​

"I've been around a long time, so I'm tougher than I look." Yato responded to her unfinished question on his health before he gave her a smile.

"I'm alright, it hurt for only a second when I died, but I'm unharmed other than a few bruises since then." he added, before he almost forgot to add, "Oh, and Bowser Jr. bit me at some point."

The stray god noticed her awed gaze, his cheeks still a pink shade, which quickly grew to a red one as he moved to sit up, nuzzling her. Even as the memory of agreeing to do this whole affair returned, Yato was just happy to be reunited with his girl, who had probably been emotionally scarred from this whole event.

tenor.gif

"But all that doesn't matter anymore cause you're okay, and right here with me Hiyori~!" he cooed. He was probably going to be punched, but it was worth it.

@Midnight Maiden @Whoever <3