Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

Rita Hanson

Rita paid the machine both of her blue coins for an advantage despite only needing to spend one. She looked over at Alesha. " If those two envelopes have the same content, I would suggest giving one to someone who doesn't have it.Maybe one of our living children . I personally am givinf my second one to Ernesti." Once the machine dispensed the envelopes, Rita would walk over and hand one to Ernesti. "Thanks for having faith in me." She walked over to Maria. " Do you have any blue coins left?" She asked. If she said no, Rita was going to hand her the other envelope she had gotten. Even if she died, these kids deserved to live. She didn't even care that Maria had her special immunity still.

@Mari @Crow @Yun Lee @dark @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Verite @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay

frgvxQ9.png

"I know that it is not only I who had faith in you," Ernesti spoke, "you have my gratitude, Rita. I will accept it."

Ernesti accepts the envelope with two hands, the same way one would accept a business card.

"Now the question is - what is in these letters that makes them worth spending on?"

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9

Alesha would receive another, identical envelope to the one she currently possessed.

@Khan of the Mardu

----------

The life schedules missing were...huh. Weird. You get a minor headache, but then realize everyone is accounted for after all. The missing ones must have been your imagination.

@thatguyinthestore

You realize as you flip through the pages that these all are as they say. Everything in your life has been scheduled. Who you marry, how many children you'll have...you even see that you've been scheduled to become a famous painter and open an art museum someday. Not just that, the schedule also tells when this all happens. In fact, Yusuke...you're set to be married in just one week!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

-------------------

There are five channels total. Each one is a different floor of the building, but only the fifth channel has people in it.

@Tamuki

Keeping the channel on five after checking the rest, Yato decided to leave it on channel 5 in the meantime.

"Yusuke, I don't blame you for feeling that, I feel similarly." he responded a little solemnly.

"Anything useful in those journals?" he asked.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Afterlife
"It's a relief to hear I am not the only one who feels this way," Yusuke mumbled in reply to Yato. "Maybe... we can find a way to help them... somehow."

Shortly after replying, Yusuke glanced back to the notebook, his face turning red upon viewing its contents.

5EoxjLT.jpg

"Wh-What is...."

Yusuke felt more confused than ever after reading further into the notebook. He blushed, but not because he was embarrassed. He liked what he saw. And, no, not because of the marriage bit.

"F-Famous artist? Hm..."

"Wait, no, what am I thinking?! I do not crave fame! Why does this book say such things?! Yato-sama, I'm not sure what this is," he said, holding the book out to his friend. "It is as if they have my whole life planned out. Apparently, I am to be married next week," he added, not finding this strange for some reason. He did sneak a peek to see who he was supposed to marry though. He didn't feel like he should be looking at this book, but honestly couldn't help himself.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @York @Afterlife​

The television screens turned on, and now the group could see Kirari's face perfectly. "Greetings, everyone, and welcome to the final game. I trust you're all ready to begin? In that case, I should go ahead and explain the rules."

Paradise Game 6: The Tower of Doors

How to Play: Make your way to the first floor of the tower and back up to the fifth. As proof, make sure to bring back a lily from the first floor. The first person to come back to the fifth floor wins!

Mechanics: Every action is part of a turn. A turn consists of four people taking an action. If you go first, and make an action, you must wait for the next turn before going again.

Moving Down and Up:
BqX2prR.gif

How to Win: Be the first person to the fifth floor after getting a lily.

"Good luck, everyone. See you all at the end." The screens removed the image of Kirari, and now hosted a number on each. The doors on the outer walls had both numbers and letters, but the trapdoors and center door had numbers, as well. One trapdoor had 2, the other 1, and the central door 5.
kakegurui-8199061.jpg

And so...the Tower of Doors begins.

@Mari @Crow @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Kaykay @dark @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Otto

-------------

Yusuke was set to marry a young woman by the name of Vera Misham. She's currently 19, and something of an artist herself.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"It's a relief to hear I am not the only one who feels this way," Yusuke mumbled in reply to Yato. "Maybe... we can find a way to help them... somehow."

Shortly after replying, Yusuke glanced back to the notebook, his face turning red upon viewing its contents.

5EoxjLT.jpg

"Wh-What is...."

Yusuke felt more confused than ever after reading further into the notebook. He blushed, but not because he was embarrassed. He liked what he saw. And, no, not because of the marriage bit.

"F-Famous artist? Hm..."

"Wait, no, what am I thinking?! I do not crave fame! Why does this book say such things?! Yato-sama, I'm not sure what this is," he said, holding the book out to his friend. "It is as if they have my whole life planned out. Apparently, I am to be married next week," he added, not finding this strange for some reason. He did sneak a peek to see who he was supposed to marry though. He didn't feel like he should be looking at this book, but honestly couldn't help himself.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @York @Afterlife​

The television screens turned on, and now the group could see Kirari's face perfectly. "Greetings, everyone, and welcome to the final game. I trust you're all ready to begin? In that case, I should go ahead and explain the rules."

How to Play: Make your way to the first floor of the tower and back up to the fifth. As proof, make sure to bring back a lily from the first floor. The first person to come back to the fifth floor wins!

Mechanics: Every action is part of a turn. A turn consists of four people taking an action. If you go first, and make an action, you must wait for the next turn before going again.

Moving Down and Up:
BqX2prR.gif

"Good luck, everyone. See you all at the end." The screens removed the image of Kirari, and now hosted a number on each. The doors on the outer walls had both numbers and letters, but the trapdoors and center door had numbers, as well. One trapdoor had 2, the other 1, and the central door 5.
kakegurui-8199061.jpg

@Mari @Crow @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Kaykay @dark @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Otto

-------------

Yusuke was set to marry a young woman by the name of Vera Misham. She's currently 19, and something of an artist herself.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"That's really weird, is there something like that for everyone that had ended up on that plane?" Yato wondered, occasionally glancing to the tv every now and then before looking for one for himself or Hiyori. Totally for, uh, research and comparison. Totally. : |

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Afterlife

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"That's really weird, is there something like that for everyone that jad ended up on that plane?" Yato wondered, occasionally glancing to the tv every now and then before looking for one for himself or Hiyori. Totally for, uh, research and comparison. Totally. : |

"That's strange..." Shantae muttered before also looking through the notes, namely trying to find one of her or Maria.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Afterlife

Yato's schedule detailed his travelling to various universes, performing numerous tasks. This schedule goes on for 500 years, and has quite a few pages. The last page says, "Life Scedule, part one of infinity."

Hiyori, on the other hand, would stay a half-ayakashi her entire life. In fact, she would live out five years in an English circus, before her rescue by a young gardener named Finnian. The two would marry, and have four children together. Hiyori would live out her days as a loving wife and mother...and never see Yato again.

@Takumi

Shantae was set to become a famous dancer, travelling and performing for adoring audiences. She was set to have a few lovers, but never marry. One such affair would produce a daughter, Olivia, and start a long line of dancers forever.

Maria would be sent to a school called Miss Robichaux's Academy for Girls, where her magic skills would be honed. Passing something called the "Seven Wonders," Maria would become known as the Supreme Witch, her powers being used for good in the world she was sent to.

@thatguyinthestore

Moving Down and Up:
BqX2prR.gif

kakegurui-8199061.jpg

-------------

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Well there is no time like the present."
The Doctor stated. "I'll be making my way towards that flower." With that he made his way to the trap door with a 2 on it to see what would happen.​

@Yun Lee

Moving Down and Up:
BqX2prR.gif

kakegurui-8199061.jpg

-------------

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Perhaps that paper had been a guide... with that thought in mind, Alesha made for the trapdoor labeled 1, ready to jump down.​

028.png

"Yeah... But for how long? If this next game only allows for one winner... Then that means that by the end of this all, only one of us will be left, right?" Gon questioned as Hina approached him, deep in thought. At least, as deep as he was able to be. His tone was calm and collected, evidently the passage of time managed to cool him off, but while the intense emotion was gone, the quiet anxiety and tension lingered, not just with him, but with everyone still remaining.

Even if he didn't have this mysterious envelope that most likely guaranteed him some sort of advantage in the coming game, Gon wondered how much he'd actually be worrying about his own mortality. He had broken through such limitations before, done things that many believed previously to be impossible. Perhaps it was precisely because he never thought of failure as a viable option that he managed to avoid it for this long, at least, long term failure. He turned all of his failures into successes, but he stood in pause, wondering if this was another hurdle he'd be able to overcome.

But either way, he'd have to. Or he'd die trying.

"I'm... I'm doing okay," he spoke. It was something of a fib, but it wasn't as though there was much that could be said concerning the situation. Still, the boy, at the very least, decided that he may as well get another word in.

"Hina-san... I don't know what's going to happen in the next few moments, but if I end up winning..." He clenched his fist, attempting to energize himself again.

031.png

"I'll make sure to get back at those bad guys for everything they've done, in double!" The young Hunter exclaimed, "For you, and for Doctor-san! I promise!" He said, before letting out a breath. Eventually, his lips curled into a smile. Not exactly an innocent, well-meaning and naive smile, not when he was in an eager mood, but a zealous, determined smile.

Sticking out his pinky finger, the boy looked at Hina. "Will you do the same if you're the one to win?"

@Kaykay

"Only one, huh? Well, shitty rules are what make people cheat." Hina shrugged, not really feeling like digesting the implications in only one person living. When Gon stuck his finger out, she returned a lax smile and took it with her own. "Sure, I may not look it but the yakuza's like my family you know. I'll flip'em upside down and rip their heads off, like a video game." The psychokinetic dragged her finger across her neck.

With that said, it was time to get started on this final game. For now, Hina decided to head towards the Central Door 5.

@Yun Lee @Verite

Yato's schedule detailed his travelling to various universes, performing numerous tasks. This schedule goes on for 500 years, and has quite a few pages. The last page says, "Life Scedule, part one of infinity."

Hiyori, on the other hand, would stay a half-ayakashi her entire life. In fact, she would live out five years in an English circus, before her rescue by a young gardener named Finnian. The two would marry, and have four children together. Hiyori would live out her days as a loving wife and mother...and never see Yato again.

@Takumi

Shantae was set to become a famous dancer, travelling and performing for adoring audiences. She was set to have a few lovers, but never marry. One such affair would produce a daughter, Olivia, and start a long line of dancers forever.

Maria would be sent to a school called Miss Robichaux's Academy for Girls, where her magic skills would be honed. Passing something called the "Seven Wonders," Maria would become known as the Supreme Witch, her powers being used for good in the world she was sent to.

@thatguyinthestore

What he read about Hiyori made him feel conflicted and something else, something he couldn't quite place. Despite reading his schedule bringing a bit of interest and slight joy at the thought of possibly becoming a great god, it was short lived when he had read Hiyori's. It caused a shift in his mood.

What was the point of becoming a great and well known god, if he would never see the first person who was willing to remember him? Something was definitely up with these schedules, that was for sure.

0a214eac79aeffd728f3331f75b26c356306a556_hq.jpg

After taking a moment, Yato would stare long and hard at Hiyori's life schedule, not saying a word, before laying down, a feeling of gloom coming over him at the thought of any of that coming true. He had already questioned whether cutting his ties with Hiyori was for the best-but something interesting came to mind. If she would remain a half-Ayakashi then their ties wouldn't be severed, right? Either way, reading that hurt regardless. Curling into a fetal position the god stared blankly at the box containing the life schedules. Gears turning as he tried to make sense of all of this information somehow.

Last edited:
Trapdoor 2 would feature this puzzle:

Railroad crossing, watch out of cars. Can you spell that without any "r's"?

@Jeremi

Trapdoor 1 would feature this puzzle:

I'm light as a feather, yet the strongest man can't hold me for more than 5 minutes. What am I?

@Khan of the Mardu

The central door would feature this:

They come out at night without being called, and are lost in the day without being stolen. What are they?

@Kaykay

@Jeremi

I'm light as a feather, yet the strongest man can't hold me for more than 5 minutes. What am I?

@Khan of the Mardu

They come out at night without being called, and are lost in the day without being stolen. What are they?

@Kaykay
Light as a feather... yet my warriors could not hold not it for long... For a moment, Alesha would ponder the question, considering what it might mean. It did not seem to be any sort of truly deep riddle... after thinking on it, the khan knew what her men could never hold in. They were loud, they were free with their words and airs. It was a breath that they could not hold.

Trapdoor 1 would slide open, revealing a ladder that went down a tube. If Alesha chose to climb down, it would close right beneath her.

Turn 1: 1/4

@Khan of the Mardu

Trapdoor 1 would slide open, revealing a ladder that went down a tube. If Alesha chose to climb down, it would close right beneath her.

Turn 1: 1/4

@Khan of the Mardu
Simple enough... The khan thought without sparing a second before making to climb down the tube.

@Jeremi

@Khan of the Mardu

@Kaykay

"Can I?!" The Doctor exclaimed in his booming voice. "T-H-A-T! That!"

@Yun Lee

Moving Down and Up:
BqX2prR.gif

kakegurui-8199061.jpg

-------------

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
tumblr_inline_nulyotwPs21typ8ok_100.png

Maria walked up to the door labelled 78. Might as well go different directions to see where they all go.

@Yun Lee

Trapdoor 2 would open, and would close once The Doctor went through.

Turn 1: 2/4

@Jeremi

Maria would receive this on the 78 door:

A man found an old coin and declared that the date on it was 150 B.C. This could not be true. Why?

@Gummi Bunnies

Trapdoor 2 would open, and would close once The Doctor went through.

Turn 1: 2/4

@Jeremi

Maria would receive this on the 78 door:

A man found an old coin and declared that the date on it was 150 B.C. This could not be true. Why?

@Gummi Bunnies

Huh? Why... is that? ❞
Maria tilted her head a bit at that riddle. Of course, she knew a little bit of what "B.C." meant from her classes. It meant "Before Christ"... oh wait, it made sense to her now! ❝ It doesn't make sense for a coin to have 150 B.C. printed on it, because that's before Christ. No one knows about him to put that on a coin by then, so that can't be true. ❞

Moving Down and Up:
BqX2prR.gif

kakegurui-8199061.jpg

-------------

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

latest

Yamashiro watched as the others went for the trapdoors. She looked around, and decided she would try something different, in more than one way.

She went towards one of the outer doors, and would try opening the one labeled as f0. And, she would try to bring Ernesti with him... after all they had agreed to team up for this final game, so perhaps two people would be better suited to deal with whatever would happen now.

"Ernesti, let's do this together! Would f0 be okay to you?"

@Yun Lee @Crow

-------------

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"That's really weird, is there something like that for everyone that had ended up on that plane?" Yato wondered, occasionally glancing to the tv every now and then before looking for one for himself or Hiyori. Totally for, uh, research and comparison. Totally. : |

"That's strange..." Shantae muttered before also looking through the notes, namely trying to find one of her or Maria.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Afterlife

@Takumi

@thatguyinthestore

What he read about Hiyori made him feel conflicted and something else, something he couldn't quite place. Despite reading his schedule bringing a bit of interest and slight joy at the thought of possibly becoming a great god, it was short lived when he had read Hiyori's. It caused a shift in his mood.

What was the point of becoming a great and well known god, if he would never see the first person who was willing to remember him? Something was definitely up with these schedules, that was for sure.

0a214eac79aeffd728f3331f75b26c356306a556_hq.jpg

After taking a moment, Yato would stare long and hard at Hiyori's life schedule, not saying a word, before laying down, a feeling of gloom coming over him at the thought of any of that coming true. He had already questioned whether cutting his ties with Hiyori was for the best-but something interesting came to mind. If she would remain a half-Ayakashi then their ties wouldn't be severed, right? Either way, reading that hurt regardless. Curling into a fetal position the god stared blankly at the box containing the life schedules. Gears turning as he tried to make sense of all of this information somehow.

38Vi5MV.png

Yusuke puzzled over the answer he found, not recognizing the name of this girl whom he was supposed to marry. "This is all very peculiar. I never would've guessed that I may be married one week from now. How does one go about preparing for such a thing?" he questioned nobody in particular. The boy seemed rather calm about the whole thing, again, not finding the idea to be odd or creepy. If anything, he seemed rather curious about it, but also somewhat worried that he didn't know very much about being married.

"This isn't good at all... how does one go about treating a fiancee?" Yusuke squirmed uncomfortably. "I should buy them a gift, shouldn't I? Yet, how can I manage this when I barely have enough money to buy my meals? Holding hands could pose a problem as well. Most often, I hold my sketchbook in one hand and a pencil in another. I don't have enough hands for any such contact!" he gasped, suddenly appearing more panicked. "Now that I think about it, the knowledge of giving any sort of physical affection eludes me entirely! This is a crisis!"

The boy glanced to Yato when he would go into a fetal position, seeing that something in the book had probably upset his friend too. "You shouldn't overreact, you know. You're a god so surely you can change any fate you see for yourself in that book. Myself, on the other hand..." Yusuke grabbed the sides of his face. "I'm doomed to be married to a wife I won't know how to please. Why must this book torment me so?!"