Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

The vice president would nod at The Doctor's words. "Very well. The turtles on the beach absorb the nutrients of the smaller flowers to heal themselves. If sunflowers are to grow, you must kill every turtle here."

"K-Kill turtles? But that...that's so inhumane!!"
tumblr_ow3cc2AHEJ1sg8uefo10_400.gif

"It is. But it's what we want you to do. You don't really have a choice in the matter, do you? All any of you can do...is obey."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari @Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna​

Rita Hanson

Rita paused and thought about it. " Can't we just put the turtles back in the ocean? I mean, killing them would most likely accomplish the task, but so would moving them." Rita ignored what the robot girl was saying. There was always another way. There had to be another way.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari @Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna

latest

Yamashiro felt very badly for the sunflowers that died almost as soon as they were borne into life.

"Oh my... how unfortunate and so sad for the sunflowers, not having a chance to live."

Yamashiro saw this problem of the sunflowers and turtles as one similar to that of the time when the battleship was originally born. She explained her feelings to the group:

"I have fought in wars starting from one group seeking to remove another from a place. To make the world a better place, this should not happen, I shall refuse to participate in killing or even displacing the turtles from their home. It does not seem the turtles are intentionally causing death of the sunflowers here."

She then paused, and hoped that her recommendation would be well received:

"I recommend that we find another place to let the sunflowers live."

"There is nowhere else to grow the sunflowers. The only way is to kill the turtles. It matters not what else you may consider an alternative. You do as the student council wants when we order it from you. No matter what, you must obey."
16d87407fd9ca626228848df197ee748.png

Mary sighed. "Looks like we have no other choice, do we..."
superthumb.gif

".............."

158.png

"Eh? Kill the turtles? How would that help?" Gon questioned naively, not understanding the logic behind that conclusion at all, and not quite understanding the gravity of what was just said as a result, not even thinking the scenario was a plausible one. He looked up in mild surprise at the strange suggestion from the Vice President, before speaking again.

"If we need to get them out of the way, I could talk to them if you need!" He said, partially communicating the same sentiment as Rita as he zealously clenched his fists in eagerness, "I'm really close with animals, so I bet I could get to them!"

Indeed, having spent most of his life on an island and being exposed to a whole variety of animals, he'd developed a sort of bond with them, so it wouldn't be so difficult to try to talk to the turtles! Or, as Yamashiro suggested, plant the sunflowers somewhere else, even if the sunlight might not have been as potent.

@Mari @Yun Lee @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaykay @Minerva @Crow

"Ow! You little snot-nosed brat!" Jack looked at the mac and cheese now staining his shirt. "Gross, man..." Seemed he was a bit more concerned with his clothes than he was your questions.

Krieger surveyed the group before him. "So...you all died? But none of you went through my simulator room..." As Bowser Jr. kept whining, he shoved another lollipop in the tiny turtle's mouth. "Apparently the lollipop I gave him was a regular one. THIS one should be the melatonin one!"
dr-krieger-archer.jpg

"...orrrrr the caffiene one..."

@thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @York @Takumi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Yun Lee @afterlife

--------------

"Pardon me, miss vice president...but what happens if we disobey?"

".........." She seemed to take a moment to consider the question."

"Yumeko! She'll kill you if you do something stupid like that!"

"Perhaps I won't. Perhaps you would like to take this gamble of mine, Yumeko? I hear you enjoy them very much."

"Oh, yes. But not so much gambles with my life...those aren't nearly as fun."

"Well, how about this: I will not kill you. But you will find out what happens when you refuse to kill the turtles only if you decide to refuse. That goes for everyone here, as well."

"In that case..."
f09afb4c4261b60423cd09ab923be7b3--tumblr-search.jpg

"I refuse."

3IB9kDO.jpg

Yusuke nodded at Risky, a small smirk tugging at his lips upon hearing what she said. "Tooth be told, I was expecting this to be more difficult," he replied, continuing to spray another tooth with his FLUDD.

@thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Archmage Jeremiah @Khan of the Mardu
Upon garnering such a reaction from Yusuke, Risky Boots blinked, and retracted her pointed finger almost immediately; her expression switching from one of heated argumentation to one of mellow contentment in a flash. With a titter and a slight smirk, Risky said

Risky%20Neutral_zpseno0gs9a.png

"...I can work with that. Not everyone can be without flaw," sounding...satisfied.

Risky Boots eagerly claimed a diving helmet and slapped it on. "All this walking about a scorching summer paradise, it's about time I had a chance to stretch my sea-legs!" she exclaimed, stretching her actual legs before sprinting off to join everyone in the water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking one peek into the humongous eel's mouth, Risky audibly gagged.
"Eugh! I know pirates with better dental hygiene than this thing!" she snapped at the eel in disgust, "It must be polluting the water with its bad breath, and that's just...disturbing,"

View attachment 146027

"Guess we'll just have to clean up its act! Right boys?"
she hollered, tightening her grip around her FLUDD pumps to fire high-pressure water against the eel's set of teeth!

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Noki Bay

Two more teeth had been cleaned, meaning that there were only three left!

"Keep up-a the good work everyone!" Luigi called out with a grin.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Archmage Jeremiah @Khan of the Mardu @Midnight Maidne @NokiBay

"Let me see...planting flowers should be fun!" Yumeko took one of the seeds, planting it and watering it with her FLUDD. The plant began to sprout, growing quite fast...then suddenly its green stem changed to brown, shriveled up, and vanished.
View attachment 146019
"Oh dear..."

Anyone else trying to grow flowers would find them shrivelling up and dying before they bloomed, as well.

"Hey! What's going on here?!"

"Ah, yes. I forgot to tell you: the sunflowers here have been unable to grow as of late. There may be a source around Pinna Island for this infertility."

The sunflowers were large and strong, almost like trees themselves. "Delfino sunflowers work very differently than sunflowers you and I may be used to. These large ones are generators, able to power the smaller ones, and give them nutrients they otherwise wouldn't receive elsewhere. Without them, sunflowers would be left to their own devices, and be smaller, weaker beings that are easy to prey on."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari@Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna​

"A source you say?" The Doctor seemed especially interested about this. "Perhaps you should point us in the direction of that source so that we can nip it at the bud? At this point you don't need any pretenses to coax us into getting our hands dirty wouldn't you say?"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari@Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna

The vice president would nod at The Doctor's words. "Very well. The turtles on the beach absorb the nutrients of the smaller flowers to heal themselves. If sunflowers are to grow, you must kill every turtle here."

"K-Kill turtles? But that...that's so inhumane!!"
tumblr_ow3cc2AHEJ1sg8uefo10_400.gif

"It is. But it's what we want you to do. You don't really have a choice in the matter, do you? All any of you can do...is obey."

latest

Yamashiro felt very badly for the sunflowers that died almost as soon as they were borne into life.

"Oh my... how unfortunate and so sad for the sunflowers, not having a chance to live."

Yamashiro saw this problem of the sunflowers and turtles as one similar to that of the time when the battleship was originally born. She explained her feelings to the group:

"I have fought in wars starting from one group seeking to remove another from a place. To make the world a better place, this should not happen, I shall refuse to participate in killing or even displacing the turtles from their home. It does not seem the turtles are intentionally causing death of the sunflowers here."

She then paused, and hoped that her recommendation would be well received:

"I recommend that we find another place to let the sunflowers live."

"There is nowhere else to grow the sunflowers. The only way is to kill the turtles. It matters not what else you may consider an alternative. You do as the student council wants when we order it from you. No matter what, you must obey."
16d87407fd9ca626228848df197ee748.png

Mary sighed. "Looks like we have no other choice, do we..."
superthumb.gif

".............."

158.png

"Eh? Kill the turtles? How would that help?" Gon questioned naively, not understanding the logic behind that conclusion at all, and not quite understanding the gravity of what was just said as a result, not even thinking the scenario was a plausible one. He looked up in mild surprise at the strange suggestion from the Vice President, before speaking again.

"If we need to get them out of the way, I could talk to them if you need!" He said, partially communicating the same sentiment as Rita as he zealously clenched his fists in eagerness, "I'm really close with animals, so I bet I could get to them!"

Indeed, having spent most of his life on an island and being exposed to a whole variety of animals, he'd developed a sort of bond with them, so it wouldn't be so difficult to try to talk to the turtles! Or, as Yamashiro suggested, plant the sunflowers somewhere else, even if the sunlight might not have been as potent.

@Mari @Yun Lee @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaykay @Minerva @Crow

"Ow! You little snot-nosed brat!" Jack looked at the mac and cheese now staining his shirt. "Gross, man..." Seemed he was a bit more concerned with his clothes than he was your questions.

Krieger surveyed the group before him. "So...you all died? But none of you went through my simulator room..." As Bowser Jr. kept whining, he shoved another lollipop in the tiny turtle's mouth. "Apparently the lollipop I gave him was a regular one. THIS one should be the melatonin one!"
dr-krieger-archer.jpg

@thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @York @Takumi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Yun Lee @afterlife

--------------

"Perhaps I won't. Perhaps you would like to take this gamble of mine, Yumeko? I hear you enjoy them very much."

"Well, how about this: I will not kill you. But you will find out what happens when you refuse to kill the turtles only if you decide to refuse. That goes for everyone here, as well."

"In that case..."

"I refuse."

"The Wrigglers, the Cataquacks, the Demon Beasts back home, they put up quite a fight..."

Ernesti Echevalier grins.

1xoa9hr.jpg

"... I'm unwilling to fight turtles that don't have any intention to challenge me, so whatever you have in store better be a challenge."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: thatguyinthestore
Rita Hanson

Rita crossed her arms in defiance. " I have been sprayed by mud plants, attacked by a giant flower monster, fought against electric goop and an evil Luigi, watched some close friends get murdered, been insulted by a billionaire playboy philanthropist, just watch people die to a Devil and perform in a very weird talent show. I will plant flowers- but I'm not killing turtles. I also refuse. I'll take a penalty for the next death game if I have to." Rita turned to the others, hoping that it wasn't just her, Yunmeko and Ernesti who refused.

Yamashiro's reply would not be a surprise to anyone.

"Like Ernesti's experience, I too will not fire the first shot against the turtles. Even if not planted these sunflower seeds still have the potential to life without killing others. Yamashiro refuses to take part in this killing."

dr-krieger-archer.jpg

--------------

"In that case..."

"I refuse."

tumblr_inline_nzodpd99He1r3leyb_100.png

"Simulator room?" the minor god asked, crossing his arms as he temporarily ignored Bowser Jr's current tantrum.

"What's the point of having us end up there?" he added.

@thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Yun Lee @afterlife

dr-krieger-archer.jpg

--------------

"In that case..."

"I refuse."

tumblr_inline_nzodpd99He1r3leyb_100.png

"Simulator room?" the minor god asked, crossing his arms as he temporarily ignored Bowser Jr's current tantrum.

"What's the point of having us end up there?" he added.

@thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Yun Lee @afterlife
"It's because I'm more important than you dummies! Me! Me me me me me me me me m--" As Bowser Jr continued to bang his fists against the table and scream, he had a lollipop shoved in his mouth.

What followed soon after was the young Koopa standing up and running around the entire kitchen, throwing spoons and forks out of the drawers and onto the floor and just all around seemed more hyper.

"You guys can't catch me!!!" He screamed as he ran around the room in what could only be assumed as a brief fit of insanity.

Or the more likely option of Krieger giving Bowser Jr the lollipop with caffeine in it rather than the one with melatonin. Either one.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Kentucky @Mason Moretti @York @Afterlife

"It's because I'm more important than you dummies! Me! Me me me me me me me me m--" As Bowser Jr continued to bang his fists against the table and scream, he had a lollipop shoved in his mouth.

What followed soon after was the young Koopa standing up and running around the entire kitchen, throwing spoons and forks out of the drawers and onto the floor and just all around seemed more hyper.

"You guys can't catch me!!!" He screamed as he ran around the room in what could only be assumed as a brief fit of insanity.

Or the more likely option of Krieger giving Bowser Jr the lollipop with caffeine in it rather than the one with melatonin. Either one.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Kentucky @Mason Moretti @York @Afterlife

tumblr_inline_ocfpajefFG1r3leyb_100.png

Yato cracked his knuckles, watching Bowser Jr run around a bit as if looking for some kind of pattern before making a dive for the young Koopa, and attempting to grab him. If successful, he'd stand with Bowser Jr at arms length.

"Isn't it time for a bath or a nap ir something?" he grumbled.

tumblr_inline_ocfpajefFG1r3leyb_100.png

Yato cracked his knuckles, watching Bowser Jr run around a bit as if looking for some kind of pattern before making a dive for the young Koopa, and attempting to grab him. If successful, he'd stand with Bowser Jr at arms length.

"Isn't it time for a bath or a nap ir something?" he grumbled.

Upon being grabbed, Bowser Jr would immediate growl before biting Yato on the arm, causing him to drop the Koopa.

"I'm not doing anything until we play with toys!" Bowser Jr said as he defiantly placed his hands on his hips.

@Takumi @Kentucky @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York

"Very well. If you all won't obey the student council..."
62971.jpg

"There may be hope for you after all."

The vice president revealed to the group a Shine Sprite, which gave them all a faint glow.
170px-FI_Shine.png

"From the way things have gone lately, I was concerned for your ability to fight back. There are times where things seem hopeless, and that you have no power, but there will come a time where you can find a way out."

"Oh, please! You guys aren't going to fall for this, are you?" Mary crossed her arms, glaring at the vice president. "How convenient is this?! The vice president turns out to be on our side, against Kirari...sure, give us a free immunity! We'll still get in trouble for not doing as ordered!"

The vice president turned her head to face Mary. "Kirari told me to have the group grow sunflowers. How I choose to do that is my own business. Either way, why complain, since everyone now has a glow? If I am lying or telling the truth...you'll all have to gamble with what you choose to believe."
tumblr_oshzls8yyD1v6lhveo1_400.png

"......."

"Now then. You all expressed a desire to try alternatives. Anyone who can come up with an alternative will get a special prize, one I guarantee will come in handy in the future."

Two more teeth had been cleaned, meaning that there were only three left!

"Keep up-a the good work everyone!" Luigi called out with a grin.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Archmage Jeremiah @Khan of the Mardu @Midnight Maidne @NokiBay

Lounging the the water with one hand behind her head and the other still pumping water, Risky Boots yawned. "This beginning to 'eel too easy," she joked while casually blasting another one of the eel's teeth with whitewater.

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu @Noki Bay

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Rita Hanson

Rita was surprised that the woman was rewarding them. The more time she spent on this island, the more she wondered who was truly working against them. Nothing quite added up, but she paused. " The sunflowers do indeed need the big ones to grow.... so we can't exactly move the big ones. Could we? Is it possible to move the larger flowers into a different area away from the turtles so that we could easily plant them?

"That is not possible. These large sunflowers are already deeply rooted here. Your best bet is an alternative regarding the turtles."
@LuckycoolHawk9

Rita Hanson

" Well, do the turtles know they are taking the resources? Perhaps, we could find them an alternate source of nutrients for the turtles so that the flowers could grow. I'm going to need a minute." Rita pondered an alternative solution that also wouldn't displace the turtles.

@Yun Lee @Pinna Park

"Very well. If you all won't obey the student council..."
62971.jpg

"There may be hope for you after all."

The vice president revealed to the group a Shine Sprite, which gave them all a faint glow.
170px-FI_Shine.png

"From the way things have gone lately, I was concerned for your ability to fight back. There are times where things seem hopeless, and that you have no power, but there will come a time where you can find a way out."

"Oh, please! You guys aren't going to fall for this, are you?" Mary crossed her arms, glaring at the vice president. "How convenient is this?! The vice president turns out to be on our side, against Kirari...sure, give us a free immunity! We'll still get in trouble for not doing as ordered!"

The vice president turned her head to face Mary. "Kirari told me to have the group grow sunflowers. How I choose to do that is my own business. Either way, why complain, since everyone now has a glow? If I am lying or telling the truth...you'll all have to gamble with what you choose to believe."
tumblr_oshzls8yyD1v6lhveo1_400.png

"......."

"Now then. You all expressed a desire to try alternatives. Anyone who can come up with an alternative will get a special prize, one I guarantee will come in handy in the future."

068.png

"Oh! Maybe I can go talk to the turtles and get them to go somewhere else? Or lure them somewhere else? That doesn't count as disturbing them or anything, right?" Gon asked with enthusiasm, raising his hand.

It was really neat to get another glow again, side note. The boy could only hope he'd remember this time and make use of it, but he still had to wonder what the so-called special prize was that the Vice President referred to. He didn't share Mary's worries of the enigmatic figure's true agenda if there were any ulterior motive, 80% because he didn't have the capacity to doubt someone he just met, and 20% because he figured he should take what he could get. After all, he could only wonder what the so-called special prize was. Perhaps some immunity for the round? Seemed like the easiest answer.

And Gon settled on the easiest logical choice, because that was still hard for him to connect.

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Kaykay @Mari @Minerva @Crow @Pinna