Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

latest

Ever since they arrived here, Yamashiro had been choosing to stay at or near the water, which was natural for the battleship. But since the last incident where not only Yamashiro, but her closest companions here, survived... she felt more courageous, as if the normally ill fated ship was finally having a different luck attached to it now. The good kind.

She decided to direct the compass away from the seas.

"How about the Pinna park then? I love flowers! It's too bad we do not have a camera though."

@Minerva @Crow @thatguyinthestore

latest

Yamashiro wondered if Ernesti and Ritsuka would go along, but for now she decided on heading to Pinna Park. She still hoped they would tag along, and maybe Luigi as well.

"I've decided on doing the work for the flowers, they make the world a nicer place after all!"

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Crow @thatguyinthestore

Ritsuka followed Yamashiro. "The flowers would be nice. It'd probably give us a bit of a break." She said.

@Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore

Anyone headed to Pinna Park would find themselves on a very nice island.
maxresdefault.jpg

A natural granite walkway combined with lush green grass and a pleasant breeze to help lift any fallen spirits, at least a little. There's also a nice little beach nearby. A few large sunflowers grow scattered around the grassy areas, but, save for a few palm trees and peonies, the area lacks any real flora.
View attachment 145986
Up ahead is a gate to an amusement park, which you find closed off for now. Standing at the gate, however, is someone you've never seen before.
322957.jpg

"Greetings." Her voice is heavily distorted, sounding very deep and very robotic. "You must be here to plant the flowers. I am the Vice President of the student council, and will be overseeing your work, since Midari Ikishima has gone missing."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Mari @Crow @Minerva @PinnaPark​

"Alright then, let's go with your choices," Ernesti shrugs.

When they arrive, Ernesti sees someone who felt a bit familiar.

"Maybe seeing gramps again was a better idea," Ernesti utters under his breath, having a bad feeling about the Vice President. Then again, everything here gave a bad feeling. He looked at the masked woman straight in the eyeholes. "Say, have we met before?"
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari @Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna Park

Those in the kitchen would hear voices from outside.

"...look, they wouldn't have killed you unless you were annoying. That's how comedy works-you're either funny, or you die."

"Or, my audience was some humorless asshole who already killed people. Everyone's a fucking critic, and Jersey is the worst. He called me Freddy Fazbear...and I don't even know who that is!"

"Well, I don't know, maybe you just need to try and...actually be funny?"

"I am funny, okay? I know I got a couple of laughs. Not my fault my current boss is a fucking psycho."

The door opened, and Krieger and Jack would walk in. "From my experience, you're not really funny if people willingly beat you up-oh." He stopped, looking at the group. "Where did you all come from?"

@Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @Kentucky@Yun Lee @Afterlife

------------------

"I am not a robot, and I have never met any of you," the vice president replied. "But I do have the seeds, that is correct." She opened a box beside her and pulled out a few seeds, large enough to fill the palm of a hand. "All you have to do is plant these and water them," she said. "Careful not to disturb the turtles."

"Turtles?"

"They are asleep on the beach. It is currently mating season, so they flock here for the season. Harmless creatures...unless they are disturbed."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari@Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna​

Rita Hanson

Rita was silent, but didn't respond to the not robot part. She was thankful that she was right about the woman having the seed on her, otherwise, she would be batting zero for zero. She looked over at her. " Thank you for supplying the seeds and warning us about the turtles," Rita replied, stretching out her hand to put the seeds in. Once the seeds were in her hand, she would find a nice spot in the sun to plant the seed and would move away to water said seed.

@Minerva @Crow @Kaykay @Verite @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Mari

"...look, they wouldn't have killed you unless you were annoying. That's how comedy works-you're either funny, or you die."

"Or, my audience was some humorless asshole who already killed people. Everyone's a fucking critic, and Jersey is the worst. He called me Freddy Fazbear...and I don't even know who that is!"

"I am funny, okay? I know I got a couple of laughs. Not my fault my current boss is a fucking psycho."

The door opened, and Krieger and Jack would walk in. "From my experience, you're not really funny if people willingly beat you up-oh." He stopped, looking at the group. "Where did you all come from?"

------------------

"I am not a robot, and I have never met any of you," the vice president replied. "But I do have the seeds, that is correct." She opened a box beside her and pulled out a few seeds, large enough to fill the palm of a hand. "All you have to do is plant these and water them," she said. "Careful not to disturb the turtles."

"Turtles?"

"They are asleep on the beach. It is currently mating season, so they flock here for the season. Harmless creatures...unless they are disturbed."

Rita Hanson

Rita was silent, but didn't respond to the not robot part. She was thankful that she was right about the woman having the seed on her, otherwise, she would be batting zero for zero. She looked over at her. " Thank you for supplying the seeds and warning us about the turtles," Rita replied, stretching out her hand to put the seeds in. Once the seeds were in her hand, she would find a nice spot in the sun to plant the seed and would move away to water said seed.

@Minerva @Crow @Kaykay @Verite @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Mari
Ritsuka stretched her hand out. "We'll be sure to be careful around the turtles!" She said. She wondered if they were like Galapagos tortoises: Protected by some world authority and you couldn't go near them for their safety.

@Yun Lee @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaykay @Verite @Jeremi @Mari

"Turtles?"

"Those turtles don't happen to be anything like that giant turtle who's accompanying us in the larger group, do they?" Ernesti asks while accepting the seeds. "Especially the humanoid posture and the faster-than-turtle speed."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari @Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna

If the Doctor had been rattled by the deaths he didn't show it. "And I am happy for that as well! As am I for your survival!" He grabbed his paper bag from his coat pocket and leaned it over to Gon. "I've found that sugary sweetness helps in times of sadness."

They couldn't dwell further on these deaths now however because new duties were being revealed. "Would you and your friend care to join me to Pinna Park? Agriculture is such a fascinating topic!"
tumblr_ofda3a_Fj_Id1sig265o3_250.png

"Mhm, sure!" Gon exclaimed to the Doctor, graciously taking a jelly baby from the bag as offered and popping it into his mouth. The boy didn't have much of a passion for agriculture, being much more keenly learned in zoology than anything, but those two were close enough or something, right? Totally.

But whatever. Knowing this strange place, if this time was going to be anything like last time where they had free reign to go wherever as they pleased, they were likely going to find some strange encounter to keep them from any sort of official rest. As energetic as Gon normally was, even he was getting tired. Rest wasn't what it used to be, not in this kind of environment. There was a sort of irony to be found in being unable to relax in a tropical island like Isle Delfino, and though it was lost on Gon's consciousness, the simpleton hardly understanding the concept of irony at all, but he had to wonder if, even after he'd pieced that this whole situation probably had nothing to do with Biscuit from back home now, this place was deliberately pushing his limits, and if so, was it doing so in a good or bad way?

The boy honestly couldn't tell as he was right now.

Anyone headed to Pinna Park would find themselves on a very nice island.

maxresdefault.jpg

A natural granite walkway combined with lush green grass and a pleasant breeze to help lift any fallen spirits, at least a little. There's also a nice little beach nearby. A few large sunflowers grow scattered around the grassy areas, but, save for a few palm trees and peonies, the area lacks any real flora.

View attachment 145986

Up ahead is a gate to an amusement park, which you find closed off for now. Standing at the gate, however, is someone you've never seen before.

322957.jpg

"Greetings." Her voice is heavily distorted, sounding very deep and very robotic. "You must be here to plant the flowers. I am the Vice President of the student council, and will be overseeing your work, since Midari Ikishima has gone missing."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Mari @Crow @Minerva @PinnaPark

"Turtles?"

046.png

Mating season for turtles, huh? Aha, so agriculture really was connected to animals! Or... something.

In any case, planting seeds and watering them seemed easy enough. Maybe for once they'd be able to get some peace and quiet around this place, huh? Despite the Vice President's... very endearing mask. Nodding, the boy took a handful of seeds from the bag and, along with Rita, began to plant the seeds as instructed, and then even watering them with... his FLUDD or so.

@Jeremi @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Minerva @Mari @Yun Lee @PinnaPark

------------------

"Turtles?"

The Doctor was no stranger to masked mystery men or women so the girls appearance didn't faze him. "Oh don't worry! We will be awfully quiet to not disturb any flora or fauna!" He grabbed some seeds from the pouch. "Consider your sunflowers already growing!"

The Doctor sauntered to the designated area to plant his seeds, being awfully careful not to disturb any turtles close by as he watered the seeds with his FLUDD machine.​

latest

Yamashiro loved flowers so much, but planting them and growing them were something new to her. She took a few moments to observe how the others did it, before she started. Then she followed suit, digging and the depositing the seeds before replacing the dug soil and then providing water. It seemed familiar to Yamashiro, though in a different way:

"This is like the fleet's destroyers dropping their depth charges in their hunt for submersible enemies!"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari @Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna

Peter woke up. For the third time this day, actually.

After the devil's thick hand had grasped around his neck and crushed his windpipe, he had been awoken in this kitchen with the screaming... lizard thing. It was a baby, whatever it was; but Peter wasn't paying attention to that. He supposed he was dead in a way, but this was no typical afterlife. So he wasn't dead dead. Just dead on the terms of Delfino Island, and whatever asshole had killed him. The Devil. That's who it was. His murderer, the monster that had descended upon them all to kill. What. A. Dick.

He supposed he could get information while he was still here. Approaching the baby snacking away on his Mac and cheese, he joined Yato in the investigation. "Yeah, this scientist guy. Could you explain what his deal is?"

After this question, two men walked in, both having discussed something important, obviously. "Well, uh, your friend from the plane came out and kind of, well, choked me to death. So, I assume that's where most of us came from."

@Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @Kentucky @Yun Lee @Afterlife

------------------

"Turtles?"

Yato quietly wondered how old Bowser Jr was, and simply sighed.

He looked up when two new people came into the kitchen, and his brows furrowed upon seeing Jack.

After the devil's thick hand had grasped around his neck and crushed his windpipe, he had been awoken in this kitchen with the screaming... lizard thing. It was a baby, whatever it was; but Peter wasn't paying attention to that. He supposed he was dead in a way, but this was no typical afterlife. So he wasn't dead dead. Just dead on the terms of Delfino Island, and whatever asshole had killed him. The Devil. That's who it was. His murderer, the monster that had descended upon them all to kill. What. A. Dick.

He supposed he could get information while he was still here. Approaching the baby snacking away on his Mac and cheese, he joined Yato in the investigation. "Yeah, this scientist guy. Could you explain what his deal is?"

After this question, two men walked in, both having discussed something important, obviously. "Well, uh, your friend from the plane came out and kind of, well, choked me to death. So, I assume that's where most of us came from."

tumblr_inline_nzoejqLT1D1r3leyb_100.png

"Yeah, he had a nice little killing spree, and if this kid is here I'm assuming we're in the volcano base." Yato added, motioning to Bowser Jr. He was more than done with this vacation from Hell.

@thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Yun Lee @afterlife

latest

Those of you who made your way to Noki Bay would find that the environment itself was rather peaceful, however you would also find that the surrounding waters were tinted purple.

"That's-a strange." Luigi said as he gazed upon the purple waters. Before he could ask around, however, you'd be approached by an all too familiar figure...

da2bb8c27dc3279440a8bc8a13524f2b

"Well, I've been running into friendly faces all day, haven't I?" The elder Noki asked with a smile as he gazed upon the group. "How can I help you young fellas today?"

"Well, it'd be nice to know what made that-a water all purple." Luigi said. They're job was to clean up the mess that Captain Jack had made as Shadow Luigi, and this certainly seemed like something that needed cleaning.

"You mean these here waters? They've been poisoned by a monster who resides in their depths." The old Noki said as he gestured to the area below the waterfall, which seemed to be cleaner than the rest of the water.

"Well we'd be happy to take care of it-a for you!" Luigi declared with a smile, giving the elder Noki a thumbs up as he spoke.

"Well that's awful nice of you! If you'll be going, you'll be needing these so you don't drown." The elder Noki stated. Suddenly, the entire group would be wearing fishbowl like helmets.

Luigi then smiled and gave the elder another thumbs up before jumping across the platforms and venturing beneath the waterfall, the rest of you following suit.

As you ventured into the depths below the waterfall, you would quickly notice that you were surrounded by a large circular structure and pillars that looked akin to that of some type of coliseum, which towered above you all the way up to the surface.

06_bc_20.jpg

You didn't have too long to gaze upon this archetecture, however, as you were soon alerted by four glowing yellow eyes below you.

"A-are those... eyes?"

As soon as the plumber asked this, the eyes sprung up towards the group, revealing a giant eel!

210px-Eelymouth.jpg

The eel soon opened its mouth, revealing six teeth that were filled to the brim with dark plaque. Or at least, it could only be assumed as plaque.

Perhaps there was a way to clean this plaque?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Midnight Maiden @Archmage Jeremiah @NokiBay

"Well he's a big loser! Always sitting in that stupid lab of his all day instead of playing toys with me!" Bowser Jr exclaimed in an annoyed tone as he crossed his arms.

------------------

"Turtles?"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari@Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna
Bowser Jr, who had eaten all of his mac and cheese already, threw his empty bowl off the table, it unintentionally hitting Jack as he did so.

Not that Bowser Jr cared, as he started throwing another tantrum soon after by banging his fists against the counter repeatedly and screaming.

"I wanna play with toys now! One of you dummies get me my Thomas the Train toy!" The young Koopa screamed at the top of his lungs.

@Yun Lee @Kentucky @Takumi @York @Afterlife

Risky Boots cocked her head back and scoffed. "And people don't normally transform into murderous he-demons. Guards don't normally ignore six dead bodies in the immediate vicinity of a band of convicted criminals," the lady-pirate listed, "Just as people don't normally return from the dead,"

View attachment 145966

"And I'm an idiot for simply hoping that they'll return? Perhaps you'd like to speak up and tell your friend the same thing!" Risky Boots snapped, pointing Hiyori's way.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Noki Bay

latest

Those of you who made your way to Noki Bay would find that the environment itself was rather peaceful, however you would also find that the surrounding waters were tinted purple.

"That's-a strange." Luigi said as he gazed upon the purple waters. Before he could ask around, however, you'd be approached by an all too familiar figure...

"Well, I've been running into friendly faces all day, haven't I?" The elder Noki asked with a smile as he gazed upon the group. "How can I help you young fellas today?"

"Well, it'd be nice to know what made that-a water all purple." Luigi said. They're job was to clean up the mess that Captain Jack had made as Shadow Luigi, and this certainly seemed like something that needed cleaning.

"You mean these here waters? They've been poisoned by a monster who resides in their depths." The old Noki said as he gestured to the area below the waterfall, which seemed to be cleaner than the rest of the water.

"Well we'd be happy to take care of it-a for you!" Luigi declared with a smile, giving the elder Noki a thumbs up as he spoke.

"Well that's awful nice of you! If you'll be going, you'll be needing these so you don't drown." The elder Noki stated. Suddenly, the entire group would be wearing fishbowl like helmets.

Luigi then smiled and gave the elder another thumbs up before jumping across the platforms and venturing beneath the waterfall, the rest of you following suit.

As you ventured into the depths below the waterfall, you would quickly notice that you were surrounded by a large circular structure and pillars that looked akin to that of some type of coliseum, which towered above you all the way up to the surface.

06_bc_20.jpg

You didn't have too long to gaze upon this archetecture, however, as you were soon alerted by four glowing yellow eyes below you.

"A-are those... eyes?"

As soon as the plumber asked this, the eyes sprung up towards the group, revealing a giant eel!

210px-Eelymouth.jpg

The eel soon opened its mouth, revealing six teeth that were filled to the brim with dark plaque. Or at least, it could only be assumed as plaque.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Midnight Maiden @Archmage Jeremiah @NokiBay

Yusuke scowled and shook his head when he heard what Risky had to say. "I'd like to ask that you not twist my words," he said. "I never hoped for him not to return, I'm only saying we should not get our hopes up in case it doesn't happen. There is... nothing worse than false hope and lies. If they return, good, but let us not expect it just in case."

The boy dropped his hand from Hiyori's shoulder before glancing to Risky again. "In any case, we gain nothing from bickering over this. Let us head to Noki Bay," he finally said, moving to head there once again--hopefully taking Hiyori in tow with them.

Before Yusuke knew it, their group was underwater with breathing helmets on. When they eventually found the eel, Yusuke grimmiaced at the sight of its plaque. "How repulsive," he mumbled before taking his FLUDD in hand. "I suppose we should try and clean its teeth?" he questioned before spraying his teeth with the FLUDD.

@thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Archmage Jeremiah @Khan of the Mardu @Noki Bay

Yusuke scowled and shook his head when he heard what Risky had to say. "I'd like to ask that you not twist my words," he said. "I never hoped for him not to return, I'm only saying we should not get our hopes up in case it doesn't happen. There is... nothing worse than false hope and lies. If they return, good, but let us not expect it just in case."

The boy dropped his hand from Hiyori's shoulder before glancing to Risky again. "In any case, we gain nothing from bickering over this. Let us head to Noki Bay," he finally said, moving to head there once again--hopefully taking Hiyori in tow with them.

Before Yusuke knew it, their group was underwater with breathing helmets on. When they eventually found the eel, Yusuke grimmiaced at the sight of its plaque. "How repulsive," he mumbled before taking his FLUDD in hand. "I suppose we should try and clean its teeth?" he questioned before spraying his teeth with the FLUDD.

@thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Archmage Jeremiah @Khan of the Mardu @Noki Bay
maxresdefault.jpg

One tooth had been cleaned successfully, meaning that there were still five more to go.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @NokiBay​

"Let me see...planting flowers should be fun!" Yumeko took one of the seeds, planting it and watering it with her FLUDD. The plant began to sprout, growing quite fast...then suddenly its green stem changed to brown, shriveled up, and vanished.
PicsArt_09-17-08.57.15.jpg
"Oh dear..."

Anyone else trying to grow flowers would find them shrivelling up and dying before they bloomed, as well.

"Hey! What's going on here?!"

"Ah, yes. I forgot to tell you: the sunflowers here have been unable to grow as of late. There may be a source around Pinna Island for this infertility."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari @Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna​

Rita Hanson

Rita paused and wondered what that meant for the ones already here. She decided to investigate one of the nearby sunflowers to see what made them so sustainable when the new ones were the same. " Well, we have to figure that out first," she said.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Mari @Crow @Pinna

Upon garnering such a reaction from Yusuke, Risky Boots blinked, and retracted her pointed finger almost immediately; her expression switching from one of heated argumentation to one of mellow contentment in a flash. With a titter and a slight smirk, Risky said

Risky%20Neutral_zpseno0gs9a.png

"...I can work with that. Not everyone can be without flaw," sounding...satisfied.

latest

06_bc_20.jpg

"A-are those... eyes?"

210px-Eelymouth.jpg

Risky Boots eagerly claimed a diving helmet and slapped it on. "All this walking about a scorching summer paradise, it's about time I had a chance to stretch my sea-legs!" she exclaimed, stretching her actual legs before sprinting off to join everyone in the water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking one peek into the humongous eel's mouth, Risky audibly gagged.
"Eugh! I know pirates with better dental hygiene than this thing!" she snapped at the eel in disgust, "It must be polluting the water with its bad breath, and that's just...disturbing,"

fx_cine_risky_pose_5.png

"Guess we'll just have to clean up its act! Right boys?"
she hollered, tightening her grip around her FLUDD pumps to fire high-pressure water against the eel's set of teeth!

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Noki Bay

Last edited by a moderator:
The sunflowers were large and strong, almost like trees themselves. "Delfino sunflowers work very differently than sunflowers you and I may be used to. These large ones are generators, able to power the smaller ones, and give them nutrients they otherwise wouldn't receive elsewhere. Without them, sunflowers would be left to their own devices, and be smaller, weaker beings that are easy to prey on."

"Let me see...planting flowers should be fun!" Yumeko took one of the seeds, planting it and watering it with her FLUDD. The plant began to sprout, growing quite fast...then suddenly its green stem changed to brown, shriveled up, and vanished.
View attachment 146019
"Oh dear..."

Anyone else trying to grow flowers would find them shrivelling up and dying before they bloomed, as well.

"Hey! What's going on here?!"

"Ah, yes. I forgot to tell you: the sunflowers here have been unable to grow as of late. There may be a source around Pinna Island for this infertility."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari @Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna​

"A source you say?" The Doctor seemed especially interested about this. "Perhaps you should point us in the direction of that source so that we can nip it at the bud? At this point you don't need any pretenses to coax us into getting our hands dirty wouldn't you say?"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite @Mari@Crow @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Pinna

maxresdefault.jpg

One tooth had been cleaned successfully, meaning that there were still five more to go.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @NokiBay​

Upon garnering such a reaction from Yusuke, Risky Boots blinked, and retracted her pointed finger almost immediately; her expression switching from one of heated argumentation to one of mellow contentment in a flash. With a titter and a slight smirk, Risky said

Risky%20Neutral_zpseno0gs9a.png

"...I can work with that. Not everyone can be without flaw," sounding...satisfied.

Risky Boots eagerly claimed a diving helmet and slapped it on. "All this walking about a scorching summer paradise, it's about time I had a chance to stretch my sea-legs!" she exclaimed, stretching her actual legs before sprinting off to join everyone in the water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking one peek into the humongous eel's mouth, Risky audibly gagged.
"Eugh! I know pirates with better dental hygiene than this thing!" she snapped at the eel in disgust, "It must be polluting the water with its bad breath, and that's just...disturbing,"

View attachment 146027

"Guess we'll just have to clean up its act! Right boys?"
she hollered, tightening her grip around her FLUDD pumps to fire high-pressure water against the eel's set of teeth!

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Noki Bay

3IB9kDO.jpg

Yusuke nodded at Risky, a small smirk tugging at his lips upon hearing what she said. "Tooth be told, I was expecting this to be more difficult," he replied, continuing to spray another tooth with his FLUDD.

@thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Archmage Jeremiah @Khan of the Mardu