Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

[Yamashiro's Act: Arpeggio of Steel and Light]
Yamashiro was hesitant about this talent show; she was nothing like Naka who would sing and dance her way to loud applause from this audience, if not win it easily. Yamashiro was not like that, she was more "businesslike" in her nature and didn't have that kind of personality. Still, the prize was at least worth a try, and she watched some of the others. Her mind was more accustomed to creating ways to win a battle, not a talent show, but... she closed her eyes while deeply thinking, and smiled.

Not a battle, but a show. Put on a show, she thought. And now, she had everything she would normally have. To everyone, her appearance was now quite different from what everyone had seen before. She had her outfit now.

$

Yamashiro then asked to play the music she had in her heart; it was instrumental, slow and soothing, and of a japanese style, and she thought it would go well with the act she came up with. So, the instrumental music played over the stage's loudspeakers, and once it started to play, she quickly went towards the nearby waters. If the battleship was going to stand a chance in this, she needed to do this where it was natural for her.

Once she got to the water, she launched her aircraft, the Zuiun and the seaplane. Once they launched, she gave her trusted aircraft some very new instructions.

"Fly as is it were an airshow. And alternate with the decorative smoke every ten seconds."
latest
latest
The little pilots both nodded and saluted the battleship, and took off, flying in a figure of eight centered on Yamashiro's position, alternating between red and white smoke from their planes.

It was now Yamashiro's turn. She moved, as if skating gracefully on ice over the water, in a similar figure of eight on the water. She took aim at some large boulders near the shore, firing two guns simultaneously to hit each one. She then focused on two different boulders, and repeated the same. Two sets of loud explosions could be heard from the guns fired on the large rocks.

Then, she loaded the fireworks rounds into her guns. The last time she used them was at the festival, but she had a lot of practice. She aimed her guns into the sky and fired the fireworks rounds, exploding in flowery lights of blue, green, white, and red in the skies above. She timed it so that the explosions would occur on every "hard" beat of the music, every fourth beat. Her seaplane and Zuiun continued to fly in their pattern, Yamashiro being careful to not fire too close to her trusted aircraft. They had the nicest view of the music and fireworks show.

kantai-collection-kongou-kancolle-fireworks-kimono-festival-anime-420-resized.jpg

Yamashiro did a curtsy to the audience when she fired the last of her fireworks and returned to the stage area. She knew Naka would have been much better suited for this type of contest, but Yamashiro had a lot of fun doing this and took pride in her performance. She only wished her sister Fusou could have seen her act. And, once her planes returned to her she smiled to them and gave them a thumbs up. The pilots smiled back and saluted their Fusou-class battleship in return. And then, Yamashiro spoke to everyone:

@Yun Lee @everyone

Last edited:
i0Ggl9W.png

"Back cannons that are proportionately big and miniature, functioning warplanes... What kind of technology are you using?" Ernesti asks Yamashiro with great curiousity as he stands beside his massive hulk of an Ikaruga, reaching out a finger to see if he could get the Zuiun or the seaplane to perch on it in a similiar fashion to a butterfly or bird. He peers in to see the little people that piloted the aircraft.

"Who are they?"

@Mari

Gon Freecss's Act
To Go Even Further Beyond

"Eh?"

A talent show, huh? Gon furrowed a brow as he wondered what he could do in this kind of place. He'd never been to a talent show before in his life, much less even attended one, though he wasn't so unintelligent that he didn't get the general idea of it. That is, he understood that it was a display of "talent," in a manner of speaking.

He considered just giving a display of his Nen power, now that it was back temporarily, seemingly at the whim of someone else with a mysterious power greater than his own, but after Maria's magic show and the vocal performances of others, Gon pursed his lips, hesitating in that regard. Would his display be out of place? It wasn't like he was good at much else, and the things he was good at were not very practical in this show, like fishing (despite the fact that they were all surrounded by water). Perhaps a restrained display of his power, maybe by honing his new Jajanken technique? It was still something new, for all intents and purposes, especially since it'd been a small while since he got to train with Knuckle and Biscuit, but... Hmm. No, no, no. If he was going to show off his power, he'd surely have to make it a good one.

Nodding to himself, when it was his time, Gon stepped up upon the stage, resolving to show everyone just how powerful he truly was, even if just for a fleeting moment.

Clearing his throat, he gave a smile, not having much of a concept of stage fright, and waved. "Yo! I'm Gon Freecss! Ah... Well, I'm not really good at stuff like singing and dancing or anything, but my talent is a little different! I wanna show you all the power of Nen, and just how good I'm at with it! Please wish me luck!" He exclaimed politely, before giving a brief bow.

With that, he closed his eyes and began to concentrate, taking a deep breath as he began to focus his inner Nen. Being disconnected from it for a few days completely, with no access to his powers whatsoever, was quite jarring. Though he had been without it for far longer than he even heard of Nen, the sensation of being without his power was a strange experience, one that he was likely going to have to go through again, but for now, if he couldn't use the power now that it was back to fight or escape, he may as well show it off to others for the fun of it!

As he took another breath, a white, misty energy began to envelop his body, a white aura that looked almost like smoke. This shroud was an application of the umbrella "Nen" power, called "Ten." By focusing all of his energy around his body and containing it, he was able to hone in and do with it as he pleased. While he could have theoretically suppressed it again with "Zetsu," a technique to allow him to hide it, where was the fun in that? No, he was going to do the opposite of that.

BOOM!

A sudden quake, almost like an explosion, rocked the area as the shroud of clear aura around Gon's body exploded. The display was harmless, physically at least, but the sudden shift in power present was quite noticeable. He had went from "Ten" to "Ren," and as the noncorporeal energy flowed all over the place, leaking like a faucet, anyone who was paying attention to the display might have been able to feel a sense of... anger behind this energy, emanating from Gon. Or perhaps it was deep passion? It was difficult to say, but it was certainly noticeable nonetheless, this mysterious phenomena.

"Gnnnn... nnnghh!" Gon groaned softly as he focused more on letting all his energy out for everyone to witness, wanting everyone to feel the power behind his Ren. While a normal display like this might have been enough, this wasn't a normal situation. No, if he was only gonna get one chance at showing his power, he was gonna make it count! A thousand times over!

So he kept releasing his Ren. And he kept producing more energy to let out.

And he didn't stop.

66582be55fcebd701dd5dc54bc78ac8621d474b9_hq.gif

"Nnnn... nnngh!"

Gon gritted his teeth, almost with enough force to crack one of them, as he struggled to increase the output of his power, as he struggled to push the boundaries of the energy his young body and mind would create. Biscuit and Kite always believed that he had much potential in him, so he may as well see how well he can live up to that potential as he is now!

The ground around everyone began to shake more and more, initially a hardly noticeable quake, before gradually building up more and more to be severe, almost like a minor earthquake. This was, no doubt, the work of Gon. Just this little, unsuspecting boy, and nothing else.

He continued to generate his Nen. It was as though he were a plastic water bottle, and he was trying to accomplish two objectives; one, determine just how much energy he could pour out at all before he ran empty, and two, push the boundary of how much he could push out at a given time. The more he went at it, however, the more fatigued he slowly became, but he couldn't stop here. He had to keep going. Not until... until...!

feabfb3f84efe4262c3967032b39686c988a4916_hq.gif

"NnnnngaaaaaaaaAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

With a scream that pierced through the air like a knife, he clenched his fists, taking his stance. His roar was mighty, almost as much as the pure energy he was producing.

Before long, the clear energy he was producing, white and pure, began to adopt streaks of black, as Gon could physically feel his limits being pushed as he began to explore uncharted territory as far as his power went.

For a flash, his golden eyes would turn blank white every now and then, almost as though he were becoming something else, and one could only hope that he wouldn't go out of control with what was supposed to just be a simple demonstration.

bloggif_59be0fc467261.gif

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!"

The shaking was unbearable now. It was as though Gon had single-handedly created some sort of earthquake with his power, the entire island shaking. Given the size of Isle Delfino, one could almost fear that if Gon kept increasing his output like this, he could level the entire island, let alone the stage. Waves began to form in the ocean around the island, as though it were quaking as well. His influence was ever expanding, he was practically unstoppable.

Gon squatted his knees now, as though his body was giving out. One would also think that his body would be weathered down the moment he began pushing his limits successfully from there, but the boy was so stubborn, so thick-headed, so one-tracked, that he hardly even noticed the effects his own efforts were yielding. At this point, to say he was "at his limit" to describe that he was done would be practically an insult, but indeed, he wasn't sure how much longer he could push his boundaries.

Perhaps it was high time he quit while he was ahead anyway.

BOOM!

With one final explosion, all the energy and raw passion Gon emanated seemed to disappear in an instant. The space around everyone settled down, the ground was no longer shaking, and the ocean eventually calmed down, all with no lasting damage. Taking a breath, Gon looked down and stayed still, as though standing was a struggle at the moment.

And then... he let out a sheepish laugh, before rubbing the back of his head.

"Ehehe, I didn't... overdo it, did I?"

He asked, as though it was nothing of consequence. Gon was visibly breathing heavily, as though it had taken a lot out of him, and who could frankly blame him? Even in serious fights and situations, the boy had rarely pushed himself as far as he did then and there. Perhaps it was a side effect of growing stronger the more and more he trained. The further he got, the easier it was to move.

But that was another thought for another time.

And thus, his act came to an end, as he gingerly gave another bow and began to make his way off the stage.​

The man would turn back to the computers, crouching down and speaking in a hushed voice. "Note to self: subject is extremely touchy. Does not like being talked about as if not there-oh crap." Putting his tape recorder in his pocket, he turned back and cleared his throat. "Ahem! I am Dr. Algernop Krieger, but you can call me Dr. Krieger. And I just saved your life...kinda. We're in what I call a Reality Altering Control Center. Long story short, you died back in that room, but thanks to the power of science and Alex Lifeson, I was able to keep you alive. Lot of physics involved, I won't get into details. Unless you want me to, of course."

@Mason Moretti

@Yun Lee

"I think keeping it simple and sweet would be a lot better. Thank you for saving me, I suppose. Who is this 'Alex Lifeson' though?"

Colonel Radec's Own personal talents
Helghan Forever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A talent show.. I don't have time for t- Fine..

A brownish mist appeared on the stage, showcasing the planet Radec was from and some music.

"So I assume you never heard of the Helghast, am I right?"

The Helghast Colonel didn't wait but suddenly disappeared onto the stage by teleporting. "Now where was I?"

The soldier held his sharp yet favorite knife in his hand as he smirked.

"I'm enjoying this."

With a large gun, his large gun shot a greenish glow above the audience's head into fake targets.

maxresdefault.jpg

His own jetpack popped out, slightly different than the usual ones as he lifted himself into the air, lifting his gun out, missing on purpose as to showcase moves, not attacking anyone.

"Any lucky volunteers want to come on the stage?"

@Yun Lee @Anybody else

Last edited:
All Might's Performance: Going Beyond

"Hahahaha! I AM HERE!" All Might boomed as he jumped onto the stage, his cape flowing freely as he straightened himself up, fireworks of red white and blue sparked at his sides on the stage.

"Good day."
He started, the perpetual grin on his face as he spoke. "I am All Might, symbol of peace and justice. I stand before you today to do a performance. Now I don't have much background in singing or dancing but I do have a good hand at drawing." His grin grew wider as he looked up, seeing as there was just enough clouds for what he was about to do.

He huffed, looking up to the sky as he clenched a fist, a whitish air coming off of his body.

"TEXAS SMASH!"

28264970b03717fcb7917f386bdece44107c137f_hq.gif

All Might aimed his strike at the clouds, the force of his attack sending out mild gusts of wind around him as an intense wave of air was shot into the sky. The stage and the surrounding area would feel a moderate breeze that could possibly send any object of light material flying.

Soon enough, the attack ended, the wind subsiding as he finished. All Might gave a wide grin as he looked at his handiwork.
picturetopeople.org-ac6dd58834deb597fac37bc1cab8a9af93bce4a6dffb73cd3b.png

"Well, there you have it. Remember these words, as they are good words to live by. Thank you for your time. And remember: Go beyond! Plus Ultra!"
With that, the hero stepped off the stage, pleased with his overall performance.
@Yun Lee

Reactions: Mason Moretti
"Well you see, after being around for so long, a god such as myself has to broden his horizons after all! It's all in the work of not only obtaining a shrine but protecting the people." He replied, only to be smacked in the face with a sack of coins.

Cha-ching!

CaOBoA8WwAAxKvo.jpg

Today was a good day for Yato.

Until he was kicked in the face. Flying through the air briefly until he landed in a heap a fee feet away, Yato cried internally.

tumblr_om0dhjfVsm1qmetzao2_250.png

"That could be your talent, y'know. How come you never do this to Yukine, Hiyori?" he grumbled. He was more than likely going to be sore and have bruises all over after that one.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

tumblr_inline_ngx70iYRiE1smxeq7.png

"E-eh?!" the half-ayakashi whimpered as she was met by an onslaught of scolding from Yusuke, unsure how to respond. Somehow the male had actually bought into Yato's nonsense, which, she really hadn't expected to happen. At all. Still, she frantically shook her head, waving her hands in front of her. "It isn't like that! You see, Yato isn't exactly a popular god, and thus doesn't make much money... So if you aren't careful, he'll swindle you! He promised me he'd fix an issue of mine ages ago and still refuses, even after I paid," she tried to explain, speaking in a lower tone in attempt to avoid being heard by the god. Though, it wasn't a big effort, and he'd likely be able to hear easily if he actually desired.

Still, she had something to say to him when he himself spoke, a huff passing her lips as she donned a much less apologetic expression after moving her gaze to Yato, her hands going firmly to her hips.

tumblr_inline_nzohsw2NAf1r3leyb_100.png

"Because Yukine works to earn his pay and has decency. You can't just take people's money like this, you lowlife god!" she scolded, her cheeks puffed out in a pout.

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore

"I dunno, a god is a god." Luigi said with a shrug before turning to Yato. "So what are your hours? I'm-a free every day except Friday nights. That's-a bingo night!"

@Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

tumblr_inline_ocfp2gL3wn1r3leyb_100.png

"Ehhh? Lowlife? I make a totally decent living! As for your request I'm kinda working on it. It'll just take some time, since..y'know, being able to leave your body isn't something that's usual." he reassured, getting back to his feet and brushing himself off.

tumblr_inline_ocfpbrvQoY1r3leyb_100.png

"Well, you can contact me through this number-provided you have a phone of course-and I'll do my best to teleport myself and my goods. The cost is five yen, but if you use a different currency well...I'm not very picky! Any time works for me, I make sure to find time." Yato would smile towards Luigi, taking a blank piece of paper from the book he used and tearing a piece to scribble something down on it, which happened to be a cell phone number. He also did the same for Yusuke, if he wanted it.

Ignoring Hiyori, Yusuke was still fixated on what Nato had to say. "I will gladly accept your phone number, however..." Yusuke trailed off, a frown forming on his lips. He reached into his pockets, feeling around to see if he had any cash at all. "I don't have any money. Before I came here, I was living off of free samples from the supermarket," he said, looking at Nato like a pitiful puppy. Sometimes the cliches were true, and they were indeed with the boy. He was the embodiment of a starving artist. "I do hope you can forgive me," he added sadly.

@Takumi @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
"I dunno, a god is a god." Luigi said with a shrug before turning to Yato. "So what are your hours? I'm-a free every day except Friday nights. That's-a bingo night!"

@Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
tumblr_inline_ocfp2gL3wn1r3leyb_100.png

"Ehhh? Lowlife? I make a totally decent living! As for your request I'm kinda working on it. It'll just take some time, since..y'know, being able to leave your body isn't something that's usual." he reassured, getting back to his feet and brushing himself off.

tumblr_inline_ocfpbrvQoY1r3leyb_100.png

"Well, you can contact me through this number-provided you have a phone of course-and I'll do my best to teleport myself and my goods. The cost is five yen, but if you use a different currency well...I'm not very picky! Any time works for me, I make sure to find time." Yato would smile towards Luigi, taking a blank piece of paper from the book he used and tearing a piece to scribble something down on it, which happened to be a cell phone number. He also did the same for Yusuke, if he wanted it.

Ignoring Hiyori, Yusuke was still fixated on what Nato had to say. "I will gladly accept your phone number, however..." Yusuke trailed off, a frown forming on his lips. He reached into his pockets, feeling around to see if he had any cash at all. "I don't have any money. Before I came here, I was living off of free samples from the supermarket," he said, looking at Nato like a pitiful puppy. Sometimes the cliches were true, and they were indeed with the boy. He was the embodiment of a starving artist. "I do hope you can forgive me," he added sadly.

tumblr_inline_nbyqotSrTu1t155ma.jpg

Jeez, these two really are hopeless if they were buying into this...

Ah, oops. She probably should have said something to Luigi, but was more distracted by Yato's own input. Her annoyance was obvious, even without her judgemental glower. "Maybe your living would be more decent if you didn't blow all of your money on 'lucky' knick-knacks," she scolded, hands still firmly on her hips. "Really, if you didn't blow all of your income, maybe you wouldn't be homeless or mooching off of me all the time..." she added, slowly shaking her head with a sigh. By then, she seemed more tired than anything else. Dealing with Yato could be such a pain. And speaking of, he was already back at it.

tumblr_inline_nzohr6a1my1r3leyb_100.png

"Now is not the time!!!" she reiterated, obviously not pleased with the way the stray god was behaving. She likely would have destroyed those papers or knocked them from the god's hands, but Yusuke's words interrupted that train of thought. Yet again an animated sweatdrop rolled down her cheek, her expression falling to a poker face ever so fleetingly before an almost apologetic smile came to her face. "You don't need to pay him anything, mister..."

Yumeko Jabami's Act: Perceptive Woman
PicsArt_09-17-08.57.15.jpg
Yumeko needed some time to really figure out what she wanted to do. In fact, she looked rather troubled. It seemed the memory loss that had been plaguing her since she got here was affecting her recollection of any talents she had. There had to be something, at least...perhaps something she discovered about herself during this trip. But what? She silently observed others perform, using that time to contemplate some more, until, finally...
PicsArt_09-17-08.59.09.jpg
"I've got it."

All she needed was a table, a projector screen, and two decks of cards. Stepping in front of the table, Yumeko smiled at the audience.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Yumeko Jabami. I don't remember much about myself right now, or about much of anything, really. But I do know that somewhere, deep in my memory, I was able to do something remarkable. And for my talent, I would like to share with all of you that remarkable thing. Oh-I will need a helper, please."

A Pianta joined her onstage as she moved back behind the table. "Please shuffle the decks into one large deck, then spread them all over the table, face down," Yumeko requested. "To make this interesting, I'll turn around and keep my eyes closed." And she did just that, the projecter screen revealing that, yes, she had her hands over her eyes as the Pianta shuffled and spread the cards. Once given the okay, Yumeko turned around, looking at the 104 cards before her. The projector screen showed the table from a bird's-eye view.

"I am now going to play a memory game," Yumeko told the audience. "I'll be playing it twice, however, so please bear with me in case things get boring." With that, Yumeko began. She flipped over a three of clubs, but then a king of spades. "Not a match," she announced. "But I suppose that we can't always be lucky, you know?" Five of hearts, four of diamonds. Eight of spades, two of spades. Three of clubs... "Aha! I've seen you before!" She flipped over the other three of clubs and left both face up.

The process continued a while, Yumeko flipping cards that didn't match constantly. "I was rather hoping I would get my memories back during this show," Yumeko said as she kept playing. "I seem to get bits and pieces here and there when it's convenient. I don't know much about what kind of person I am..." She flipped over the last pair. "But I do know I have a very special skill. And this skill proves something. Now..." Yumeko smiled at the Pianta. "Let's reset like before, please!"

And they did, he shuffled and dealt as she turned away, until all 104 cards were on the table. Yumeko started right away by flipping over the ace of diamonds, then flipping over...the other ace of diamonds.

"I don't remember the full circumstances of this event..."

Two of hearts, two of hearts.

"But I gambled against someone who cheated in a matching game."

Queen of clubs, queen of clubs.

"I have to admit: the way it was done was clever."

Four of spades, four of spades.

"You see, all the cards in the deck had a secret mark that made each card in one deck unique, and these same imperfections carried on into other decks. That way, you could see which two cards were alike by their similar imperfection. However..."

Five of diamonds, five of diamonds.

"These imperfections were heat activated, and only lasted for 2 minutes before vanishing. I asked I-No to create two matching decks of cards manufactured in that exact fashion, but with random imperfections. I've actually never seen these cards before in my life! So that does prove something."

On and on, Yumeko got pair after pair, not slipping up. Finally she flipped over two jack of clubs-the final pair she needed. Not once on her second turn where there any mistakes in flipping all 104 cards.

"That something is this:"
PicsArt_09-17-08.59.42.jpg
Even with my very conveniant amnesia, I have a very good memory after all; wouldn't you agree?"

Rita would find that there was only one area that needed cleaning. Said area was near the lake, right on the path that leads to the bridge which led to the windmill.

As they began to clean up the goop, more and more of the ground was available to walk on. Hopefully nothing would get in their way this time.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @York @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @BiancoHills​
Rita Hanson

" This is a nice stroll," Rita said, spraying the goop on the ground and catiously walking to make sure that she didn't fall in the lake. She liked boats, but she didn't like deep water, even though she could swim. She sprayed and was catious, keeping an eye out for enemies.

@thatguyinthestore @York @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @Bianco Hills
Rita wouldn't find any enemies within the confines of the goop, but rather a blue coin!

@LuckycoolHawk9
Rita Hanson

Rita picked up the blue coin and looked at the others. " So, I found one of those blue coin thingies. Do any of you want it?" She asked. " Also, I guess we can head back to the boat for now.... I don't see anything else."

@Gummi Bunnies @York @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah
Rita was right, as the only thing left to do was head back to the boat.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @BiancoHills​
Mid-Round Update
"Dream of Dreams"

The girl beamed at all the comoliments, but frowned as The Doctor spoke. "He did…? Why, that was awfully mean of him! I mean, I know I'm running the next game, but it's going to be different than the others!" She opened her mouth to say more, but from the trapdoor came a Shine Sprite, which flew around the stage and gave everyone who fought Gooper Blooper a faint glow.
62967.jpg

"That was so cute! I wonder if I could find one of my own…"

-------------

Leeds watched Gooper Blooper retreat. "Looks like them heroes saved the fuckin' day. Whatever." He didn't seem disappointed by the situation. All Might would join them as Leeds said, "Go on ahead to your little game. But let me give you some advice:
latest

"Never take nothin' at face value." Before he could offer any explanation, he was gone.
Jabami.Yumeko.full.2097026.jpg

"That was an odd thing to say..." Yumeko, however, was grinning. "Very mysterious...well, we should get going, right?"
-------------
Once on the boats, those at Bianco Hills and Gelato Beach would feel an unusual pull on themselves. It was as if an unknown force was yanking them out into another dimmension, only to drop them all off in Ricco Harbor, right at the stage with everyone else.
stage-construction-bet-outdoor-beach-ocean.jpg

Once there, you would find a colorful, fun stage with a portion of it ripped off. You would also find a teen girl there, who smiled at you. "Welcome, everybody! My name is Yumemi Yumemite! I hope we can all get along!"

"I hope so too," Yumeko replied, not showing any of the displessure she had with Yuriko. "You're running the next game though, aren't you?"
tumblr_ovgxmch8zP1sg8uefo2_540.gif

"Oh-yes, I am. But don't worry! This game is a special one: I'm not going to execute anybody in this game. Instead, I'm giving out a very special prize to the top two winners!"
F9965C04AA7642D70F8D184AACF3F74B513F8112

Yumeko seemed to be very happy by that news. "How fun! In that case, I look forward to playing!"

Yumemi giggled. "I'm so happy to hear it! I'll still offer three people who are glowing the chance for immunity, since this game involves some hard work-but that's just how being an idol is! And you can still buy a number 2 ticket for one blue coin!"

"May I buy one of those? I'd like to use it for myself."

"Certainly!" Yumemi took the blue coin, then turned to the rest of the group.
tumblr_oveul4nZgC1rikp86o3_400.gif

"The show is going to start soon, so please make your decisions quickly. Glowing people, decide who amongst you will get immunity-three in total, and anyone with a blue coin, feel free to cash it in!"

(OOC NOTE: Please have all choices made by 3:30 pm PST)

Starring:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Risky Boots (Shantae)
@Bucky as Honoka Kousaka (Love Live!)
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Tony Stark (The Superior Iron Man)
@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Kars (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Glostechk as Tsuyu Asui (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Toshinori Yagi (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@Kentucky as Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson (Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mari as Yamashiro (KanColle)
@Midnight Maiden as Hiyori Iki (Noragami)
@Minerva as Ritsuka Fujimura (Fate/Grand Order)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Kusanagi (Phantom of the Kill)
@Takumi as Yato (Noragami)
@thatguyinthestore as Shantae (Shantae)
@The Myrmidon as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@York as Ami Kawashima (Toradora!)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)​
"Thank you!" Yumemi smiled at Shantae, taking the ticket as a Pianta tapped Yumemi on the shoulder.

"Miss Yumemite, the show is on in five!"
tumblr_ovd1jggcSu1qztgoio1_400.gif

"Thank you! I'll be right out!" Yumemi turned to the group. "So, let me see…it looks like Talon, Alesha, and Risky have immunity for this game!" Once again, the faint glow disappeared from everyone but those three, who glowed strongest of all. The three were escorted into the audience, where they found Piantas, Nokis, and…high school boys?

"YUMEMIIIII!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!" They screamed, waving glowsticks around wildly. The three with immunity were handed glowsticks as well. One boy turned to them. "Ah! You must be newcomers to the Yumemi Yumemite fanclub! I'm the president, and I don't believe I've seen your faces before!"

Yumeko cocked her head. "Should we go to the audience too?"

A Noki shook her head, instead leading them all to a a circular area closed off by a red curtain. "Wait here," she told them before rushing off.

Outside, Yumemi, now dressed in her stage costume, came forward, earning even louder cheers.
yumemite_wallpaper_by_sanoboss-dbm7hi3.png

"Hello, Isle Delfino!" She waved to the crowd. "My name is Yumemi Yumemite, and I'm honored to be here on your beautiful island today! I'm glad to see some new faces-as well as my dear fanclub from all the way back home! Hello, everyone!"

"YUMEMI!!!! WE WOULD NEVER MISS A CONCERT, NO MATTER THE DISTANCE!!!"

"WE'RE HERE FOR YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!!!"

"YOU'RE THE GREATEST IDOL OF OUR GENERATION-NO, OF ALL TIME!!!!"

"Oh, my…you know, I was a little nervous before, but your kind words have given me a newfound confidence!"
2edf7ab8693db655765aaf25aac94f40154c2b44.jpg

"However…today, this concert will be a very special one. For you see…I'm going to host not just a concert…but a talent show, starring underprivileged convicts!" The red curtain would fall, revealing everyone participating to the crowd.

"WOOOOAAAAH!!! YUMEMI, THAT'S SO NOBLE OF YOU!!!"

"HELPING THOSE LESS FORTUNATE…YOU'RE REALLY THE BEST!!!!"

Those from Ricco Harbor would notice Leeds watching the show from a good distance away. Leaning on a palm tree, he had his usual smug grin on his face. Never take nothin' at face value.

"Now, the goal of this show is to reward two people with a special prize! So I'll need you, the members of my audience, to decide that through votes! Okay?"

"WOOOOOOOO!!!!"

"Now, let me introduce my special helper for this event: give it up for Miss I-No!"

I-No walked on stage, blowing kisses to the audience. "Hey, kids. Who's ready for a show?!" She winked at the group.
Guilty-Gear-Xrd-Sign-I-NO.jpg

"I'll be able to give you all props and powers if you need them-only for the show, though. The power in this place is too strong for me to do much else."

Paradise Game 2: Dream of Dreams

Rules: You have 24 hours to create an act. For this show, any items needed will be provided, and powers and abilities will return. Using them to attack the audience or Yumemi, or for anything other than a talent, will result in immediate disqualification.

Talent Act: Your Act is only one post, so make it count! The more detailed and interesting it is, the better your chances of winning. For clarity's sake, put "[character's name]'s Act" at the top of the post. You may NPC Piantas if you need assistants, but no talents that kill/cause harm will be allowed.

Time Limit: You have until 4 PM PST on Sunday, September 17, to create your post. Even if your post is short, it's better than no post at all. If you don't make a post in the time limit without giving me a heads up about being incapable of one, you earn a penalty in the next game.

Voting: At 4 PM on Sunday, voting will open for those who participated in the performances. You can vote even if you failed to post a talent, and failing to vote will also result in a penalty. How you vote is simple: you send me a message on Discord with a list of all who performed, and your personal score of 1-10 for them. The two with the highest average score wins the special immunity.

Talent Show performances end Sunday, September 17, at 4 PM PST.

Voting opens at 4 PM PST on Sunday and closes Monday, September 18, at 4 PM PST.

"Any questions will be clarified by me! Now…let's get this show on the road!!"

Starring:

@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya(Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Toshinori Yagi(Boku no Hero Academia)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa(Persona 5)
"Thank you!" Yumemi smiled at Shantae, taking the ticket as a Pianta tapped Yumemi on the shoulder.

"Miss Yumemite, the show is on in five!"
tumblr_ovd1jggcSu1qztgoio1_400.gif

"Thank you! I'll be right out!" Yumemi turned to the group. "So, let me see…it looks like Talon, Alesha, and Risky have immunity for this game!" Once again, the faint glow disappeared from everyone but those three, who glowed strongest of all. The three were escorted into the audience, where they found Piantas, Nokis, and…high school boys?

"YUMEMIIIII!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!" They screamed, waving glowsticks around wildly. The three with immunity were handed glowsticks as well. One boy turned to them. "Ah! You must be newcomers to the Yumemi Yumemite fanclub! I'm the president, and I don't believe I've seen your faces before!"

Yumeko cocked her head. "Should we go to the audience too?"

A Noki shook her head, instead leading them all to a a circular area closed off by a red curtain. "Wait here," she told them before rushing off.

Outside, Yumemi, now dressed in her stage costume, came forward, earning even louder cheers.
yumemite_wallpaper_by_sanoboss-dbm7hi3.png

"Hello, Isle Delfino!" She waved to the crowd. "My name is Yumemi Yumemite, and I'm honored to be here on your beautiful island today! I'm glad to see some new faces-as well as my dear fanclub from all the way back home! Hello, everyone!"

"YUMEMI!!!! WE WOULD NEVER MISS A CONCERT, NO MATTER THE DISTANCE!!!"

"WE'RE HERE FOR YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!!!"

"YOU'RE THE GREATEST IDOL OF OUR GENERATION-NO, OF ALL TIME!!!!"

"Oh, my…you know, I was a little nervous before, but your kind words have given me a newfound confidence!"
2edf7ab8693db655765aaf25aac94f40154c2b44.jpg

"However…today, this concert will be a very special one. For you see…I'm going to host not just a concert…but a talent show, starring underprivileged convicts!" The red curtain would fall, revealing everyone participating to the crowd.

"WOOOOAAAAH!!! YUMEMI, THAT'S SO NOBLE OF YOU!!!"

"HELPING THOSE LESS FORTUNATE…YOU'RE REALLY THE BEST!!!!"

Those from Ricco Harbor would notice Leeds watching the show from a good distance away. Leaning on a palm tree, he had his usual smug grin on his face. Never take nothin' at face value.

"Now, the goal of this show is to reward two people with a special prize! So I'll need you, the members of my audience, to decide that through votes! Okay?"

"WOOOOOOOO!!!!"

"Now, let me introduce my special helper for this event: give it up for Miss I-No!"

I-No walked on stage, blowing kisses to the audience. "Hey, kids. Who's ready for a show?!" She winked at the group.
Guilty-Gear-Xrd-Sign-I-NO.jpg

"I'll be able to give you all props and powers if you need them-only for the show, though. The power in this place is too strong for me to do much else."

Paradise Game 2: Dream of Dreams

Rules: You have 24 hours to create an act. For this show, any items needed will be provided, and powers and abilities will return. Using them to attack the audience or Yumemi, or for anything other than a talent, will result in immediate disqualification.

Talent Act: Your Act is only one post, so make it count! The more detailed and interesting it is, the better your chances of winning. For clarity's sake, put "[character's name]'s Act" at the top of the post. You may NPC Piantas if you need assistants, but no talents that kill/cause harm will be allowed.

Time Limit: You have until 4 PM PST on Sunday, September 17, to create your post. Even if your post is short, it's better than no post at all. If you don't make a post in the time limit without giving me a heads up about being incapable of one, you earn a penalty in the next game.

Voting: At 4 PM on Sunday, voting will open for those who participated in the performances. You can vote even if you failed to post a talent, and failing to vote will also result in a penalty. How you vote is simple: you send me a message on Discord with a list of all who performed, and your personal score of 1-10 for them. The two with the highest average score wins the special immunity.

Talent Show performances end Sunday, September 17, at 4 PM PST.

Voting opens at 4 PM PST on Sunday and closes Monday, September 18, at 4 PM PST.

"Any questions will be clarified by me! Now…let's get this show on the road!!"

Starring:

@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya(Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Toshinori Yagi(Boku no Hero Academia)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa(Persona 5)
~Maria's Act~
Magical Sweet Dreams☆ from Origins~~!!

To and fro, the young girl walked her way onto the stage with a smile on her face. She didn't seem to be holding much on her other than that happy expression she had, so it made one wonder on what she was up to.

tumblr_inline_nulypbZLQk1typ8ok_100.png

❝ Uuu! I'm happy to be a part of this event, and I'm sure you are too! Uu uu! Allow me to introduce myself to you, the audience! ❞
Surely her speech mannerisms were taking after the Witch that taught her about magic, and the same could be said about theatrics. Raising her hand up into the air as if she were reaching for something high up in the sky, Maria began to run in circles in a playful manner. For a moment, maybe she was playing around as her act... but that could be instantly discarded as colorful sparkles in the shapes of stars sprouted from every step she took. Soon it overcame her, obscuring her form and basking her in that same colorful light.

And soon it was gone...

Maria's outstretched hand was now grasping at a golden staff that shared the same one-winged eagle aesthetic that her family bore, and her dress was full of ribbons and frills almost like she had become a magical girl before their eyes.

❝ Uu!
My name is Maria Ushiromiya, the magical and wonderful Witch of Origins! Ihihi, I'm really am a Witch, the color of red can back me up! ❞ No special effects. No backhanded tricks. This was truly the power of magic at hand, especially with her sudden choice of words literally said in red. Once the physically manifested red words disappeared, Maria pondered on what she could do with her magic that temporarily had back. Well... she definitely couldn't do any of those show-stopping types of magic Beatrice would do... because that would be plain scary. Maria didn't know how to summon familiars on her own yet... Wait, there was one trick in the book!

❝ Uuu... don't mind me borrowing this for a bit. ❞
The young girl gracefully waved her golden staff, carefully garnering her magic to levitate over a simple table and an empty tea cup. Even with a power of a Witch, Maria was heavily inexperienced, but that didn't mean it was impossible for her. Wait a minute, another thing popped in her head. Beatrice always told her this, so that could be done here!

❝ For this magical magic show, I'll need the help of the audience, and it's super duper simple! Uu! ❞
The Witch of Origins smiled as she held up the empty tea cup, and placed it onto the table upside down. ❝ I'll leave this cup upside down, close our eyes, and we'll all say an incantation to this tea cup. ❞ She would then lift the cup a bit. ❝ And our combined magic will let out a big surprise for everyone to see! Uu! Are you ready? ❞

She could definitely tell that she caught the interest of the audience, listening to the hushed excitement. Magic was always something that amazed those who never got to see such a sight, and Maria was glad in her heart to share this wonder. All because she believed her hardest towards Beatrice and her Endless Magic. Placing the empty tea cup back onto the table, Maria waved her golden staff once or twice over it, silently closing her eyes.

Come, try to picture it! The inside of the cup is filled with candies! Try and picture such a wonder!
As the Witch of Origins said this once, she repeated it once more, just so the observing audience could pitch in. A warm feeling began to swell in her heart. Was this the power of magic filling in that empty gap in her mundane life? Maria then stopped repeating the incantation, opening her eyes, and seeing that the upside down tea cup was glowing with a bright golden light.

❝ Uuu, let's see how well our combined magic did! ❞
Maria cheered happily as she reached for the overturned cup, and lifted it up slightly. Tumbling from the cup's curves came one... two... and soon enough it was six candies!

foil-wrapped-chocolate-assorted-stars_large.png

Cute little wrapped candies, shaped as stars. To make candies out of nothing, and with the help of the audience, Maria didn't mind if she wasn't the winning act. Just spreading the goodness of magic to others was all she could really care for, again forgetting about the situation she was in with multiple others. But her act wasn't done yet...

The tea cup in her hands began to rumble about, making it hard to hold the cup without her dropping it in the process. Unknown to her as to why this was happening, Maria was shocked to see that the tea cup was still spewing out more of those candies. Not one or two extras, but as if the tea cup was a literal fountain spraying about candies all over the place. This wasn't planned at all, and if she didn't react fast enough, this entire stage and audience was going to be flooded in adorable little candies! Even if it were more pleasant than the goop, she wasn't going to let it go too overboard here.

❝ Uuuu! So much candies! ❞
She didn't want to say that it was too much, she didn't want the audience to know that she possibly didn't have this under control. Beatrice always told her to work on a solution but not actively make it look like full-on panic. That ruins the illusion of magic, after all.

Calming herself down with a breath, Maria stepped back as the tea cup continued to spill out more candies. Gripping her golden staff with both hands, the young Witch of Origins focused and recited another incantation for her own voice to repeat. Come, try to picture it! Elegant ribbons to wrap up these candies into one! Try and picture such a wonder!!

From a burst of sparkles in front of her, vibrant red ribbons snaked their way to curve around the accumulating mass of candies on the stage, and every time she repeated the incantation, even more ribbons would come to life to do the same. What could've been thousands and thousands of candies flooding the area, Maria was able to prevent this problem by using the manifested ribbons to wrap up the candies together into one place on the stage.

Continuing on and on, Maria kept on repeating the incantation to herself until a large bag made out of ribbons was formed before her, filled to the brim with sweet candies. She still had so much to learn in terms of magic, but she did this on her own with the ribbons and all. For once... she could do this without the need of calling for Beatrice's help.

❝ Uu... Ta-da~! This is all with your help! Thank you for having me on stage! Uu uu uu! ❞
Maria nodded and bowed as a sign of thanks to everyone. Well, her present was in the form of a rather gigantic bag of candies on the stage. Twirling around while walking off stage, Maria had the same sparkles surround her, turning her back to her usual attire. She secretly didn't want to mess up as bad as that with her magic, so best to leave her magic be for now.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @everybody else
Ami Kawashima
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Others?

When Rita asked if any of them would like that blue coin, Ami gave her a rather sly, yet somehow condescending look as she spoke.

dr16ZYF.png

"Naaah, you should keep it. Who knows? Maybe it will even save your life!~" She said, a playfull tone in her voice.

Though it was pretty evident that she had picked up on a good few things based on what had happened during that last "death game", speaking of which... Once they hopped onto their boat, it seemed that an all too convenient mishap occurred, and they were transported to some sort of Island.

Looks like this particular game wasn't going to kill anyone though... But instead, reward them two with special prizes, whatever they were, which really did catch Ami's attention.

While she wondered if the prize was even worth it at all, the very prospect of a seemingly low-risk competition really did get her intrigued. Thus, as she idly watched Maria's act, trying to ignore all the "Uuu"'s, and while she didn't exactly follow along with Maria's instructions or anything, she did seem quite caught offguard when the candy started to overflow from that cup.

Honestly, up until that point, she had suspected it was just some silly party trick, but well... This would be the first time she witnessed candy actually flowed out in impossibly large quantities from a single cup, and then get wrapped up in a plastic bag. Though as soon as the entire ordeal was done... She couldn't help but swoop in and grab a bit of the candy that was left over and pocket it, even taking the time to unwrap one to see if they were genuine.

Sure enough, they were, actually... And popping it into her mouth, she quickly discovered that the one that she had decided to eat just so happened to be mint flavored! Hmm... Maybe Maria wasn't so bad after all, even if she could use a little less "uuu"s.

Nonetheless, it looked like Ami needed to come up with her own act... In which her modeling career might work to advantage... But on the other hand... It would likely take more than her looks to get some votes, and thus... She began to think...​

Last edited:
The Doctor's performance: Organized chaos

The Doctor was a man who liked to be the center of attention so going up on stage wasn't anything out of the ordinary for him. He could have survived with out the microphone but he wanted everyone to hear the important things he had to say.

tumblr_lua6dwxher1qa0xkuo1_500.gif

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention please? Hello-o-o-o!" He dangled the little bell for a good minute before finally stopping and giving the crowd a grin. "I have been requested to give you all a little show! Now with my meager talents I was perhaps thinking of a little story. Or perhaps you could call them a collection of short stories and anecdotes. Wouldn't you like to hear that?"

Not really caring if he got a reaction or not the Doctor would start. "Once when I was escaping from the terrible threat of the Daleks my arm was caught in a trap and was really close to losing it. That wouldn't have been very good you see because I've grown rather attached to it!"

A rimshot could be heard from off stage before the Doctor continued never losing that cheeky grin of his. "That reminds me of another tale. Stop me if you've heard this one, or preferably not because I will say it anyway! If the square on the hypotenuse equals the sum of the square on the other two sides, why is a mouse when it spins?" Not seemingly getting a response from the crowd he'd continue on.

"Never did know the answer to that one myself so it's a good thing I'm not the only one! Moving on...Never much cared for the the word unsinkable. An...perhaps acquaintance is the right word asked why not? 'Nothing,' as the iceberg said to the Titanic! Glub glub glub." He emphasized the bubble noises by leaning further and further down before jumping back up with a huge leap before settling on doing some squats.

"It's good to exorcise you know! You really should trust me I am the Doctor after all! Anyway I once met two antennas who decided to get married. The ceremony was the typical bore...but the reception was phenomenal!" Another rimshot and stopping his squats the Doctor looked over the crowd.

"As a Doctor of all sorts I once had to operate on a man who had been in a terrible accident. When he woke up he said 'Doctor! Doctor!' I can't feel my legs! I said him 'of course you can't! I amputated your legs'!"
Another joke another rimshot. "As my final tale of today we're going back to the late Jurassic Period. I'm sure we have dinosaur fans in the audience, yes? Well do you know why you can't hear a Pterodactyl go the lavatory? Because the 'p' is silent!"

ZwCdz5z.gif

No other word was spoken as the Doctor slowly sauntered off the stage.​

@Yun Lee @Everyone

tumblr_inline_nzoeqip7Dh1r3leyb_100.png

"Of course you're forgiven! Go ahead and keep my number free of charge, I wouldn't want to make you pay for something I'd gladly give you for free." he laughed.

Ah, oops. She probably should have said something to Luigi, but was more distracted by Yato's own input. Her annoyance was obvious, even without her judgemental glower. "Maybe your living would be more decent if you didn't blow all of your money on 'lucky' knick-knacks," she scolded, hands still firmly on her hips. "Really, if you didn't blow all of your income, maybe you wouldn't be homeless or mooching off of me all the time..." she added, slowly shaking her head with a sigh. By then, she seemed more tired than anything else. Dealing with Yato could be such a pain. And speaking of, he was already back at it.

"Now is not the time!!!" she reiterated, obviously not pleased with the way the stray god was behaving. She likely would have destroyed those papers or knocked them from the god's hands, but Yusuke's words interrupted that train of thought. Yet again an animated sweatdrop rolled down her cheek, her expression falling to a poker face ever so fleetingly before an almost apologetic smile came to her face. "You don't need to pay him anything, mister..."

tumblr_inline_ocfp51Ofec1r3leyb_100.png

"Some of those were good investments!" Yato defended, albeit weakly. Honestly, he was a little offended that Hiyori was calling him out like this. Truth be told, he had quite a spending habit, so maybe her calling him out on that was for the best.

tumblr_inline_ocfp894kBe1r3leyb_100.png

"Now's the best time for advertising, it's part of what I do best after all. Besides, this could help me get a shrine faster by helping more people with their wishes." he huffed, a slight pout following shortly after. He was much too prideful and childish to not take the chance to argue.

Hina's Act: A Psychokinetic Girl Appears!

"...Guess I'll go, then."

A talent show wasn't exactly Hina's strong suit. Normally her powers would have given her an advantage, but unlike at home there seemed to be all kinds of flashy crazy things people could do here. The only "talent" she had was her telekinesis, which required a target to really show. Touching the people in the crowd was prohibited, and it wasn't like swinging the stage around like an oversized ragdoll would be allowed.

s8Zk5jX.png

So instead, she took to the skies, flying up to the clouds. Her power took hold of the clouds in the atmosphere, gathering and condensing them above the island until they grew dark and stormy. If rain dances really worked, this would have been what one would have expected from them. The dark clouds above the island rumbled, casting a shadow over the entire island.

Rain poured. Lightning flashed across the sky. Yet as though an invisible shield surrounded them, not a single person on the island would get wet or struck by lightning. Her power became a makeshift umbrella, one that nobody could see. The ferocity of a storm was viewed from absolute safety as rain droplets fell like a barrage of needles and lightning struck like a thrown javelin.

And just as suddenly as she'd formed the storm, she dispelled it.

The clouds slowly separated from one another, beginning a slow process of clearing the skies. The rain began to slow, droplets falling with less and less rapidity. Lightning no longer could find a path from the separating clouds to the ground. The forces of nature vanished, a single ray of light breaking through the remnants of the stormy clouds.

6gdhq44.png

Descending down as though that light were a spotlight, Hina finally reappeared to everyone. Behind the clouds the sun still shined, and soon the island returned to its usual bright self.

And Hina silently touched ground and walked off the stage.

@Yun Lee @everyone​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi and Verite
i0Ggl9W.png

"Back cannons that are proportionately big and miniature, functioning warplanes... What kind of technology are you using?" Ernesti asks Yamashiro with great curiousity as he stands beside his massive hulk of an Ikaruga, reaching out a finger to see if he could get the Zuiun or the seaplane to perch on it in a similiar fashion to a butterfly or bird. He peers in to see the little people that piloted the aircraft.

"Who are they?"

@Mari

$

Yamashiro smiled at Ernesti's question. Though she didn't really have the answer, she would be honest with him.

"I don't really know the technology, Ernesti. It was given to me ever since I have known this... human form. And previous to that, I was a real battleship that perished in war... the battleship Yamashiro."

Yamashiro then brought Zuiun, putting it down near Ernesti. She thought both would like to meet each other, so she decided to make it happen.

latest

"Ernesti, meet Zuiun. I once compared you to this brave pilot and aircraft, so I am honored to have you both meet now. I only know of the little ones as our trusted assistants in battle, it is a professional relationship."
@Crow

tumblr_inline_nzoeqip7Dh1r3leyb_100.png

"Of course you're forgiven! Go ahead and keep my number free of charge, I wouldn't want to make you pay for something I'd gladly give you for free." he laughed.

tumblr_inline_ocfp51Ofec1r3leyb_100.png

"Some of those were good investments!" Yato defended, albeit weakly. Honestly, he was a little offended that Hiyori was calling him out like this. Truth be told, he had quite a spending habit, so maybe her calling him out on that was for the best.

tumblr_inline_ocfp894kBe1r3leyb_100.png

"Now's the best time for advertising, it's part of what I do best after all. Besides, this could help me get a shrine faster by helping more people with their wishes." he huffed, a slight pout following shortly after. He was much too prideful and childish to not take the chance to argue.

7zR3r6Q.png

Yusuke tilted his head thoughtfully, his expression suspicious of Hiyori. "How do I know you're not just a non-believer trying to prevent me from giving an offering unto this god?" He glanced to Nato again afterwards, his eyes sparkling. "O-Oh, I see thank you," he said, tightly clasping his hands together. "I'm humbled by your generosity and your art skills. If there is ever a way I can donate to your cause I would most certainly be glad to do so. Perhaps you would even be willing to take a look at my art? I crave to have the opinion of someone such as yourself." Yusuke could practically feel his spine tingle at the thought of an art god looking at his own work. It would be a dream come true.

@Midnight Maiden @Takumi @thatguyinthestore

Ritsuka Event: Doomed To Repeat It

A small choir of Piantas on the edge of the stage would begin a song that might be familiar to those from the modern world as the lights began to go dark:

When the lights came back on, Ritsuka would be standing in the middle. The lights were dimmed with a spotlight on her. The setup now looked similar to a TED Theater with the lighting, except for the logo behind her on the screen:

MUzLsrF.jpg

Ritsuka began to speak over a speaker system. "Humanity as we know it has been around for 200,000 years. However, Civilization as we know it has been around for roughly 6,000 years, or three percent of that." She said stepping forward into the light. She had an earpiece on her cheek. " Now, this is a video from the Natural History Museum in New York City. It shows the path of human population from 1 AD to present day." She said, pointing to the screen behind her as the video began to play.

"Now, as you can see, it is estimated that by 2100, humanity will reach eleven billion people. Eleven billion. Can you believe that?" She said, trying to get some interactivity out of the crowd. "Now, that's best case scenario, of course. That's if we aren't extinguished by some mysterious force, die off of disease, or eliminate ourselves in atomic fire." She paused for a moment as an image of Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un popped up on the screen. "Now, at Chaldea, my job is to prevent that end by traveling through history and fixing time anomalies that will lead to humanity just up and disappearing. As for the other ends? We can't do anything against those, and rely on the United Nations to prevent those." she laughed.

"Now, before I get into what exactly my job is, I should educate you on history a bit." She said. "Let's start with the Fertile Crescent." She said as a map of the area appeared on screen. "Now, this is where agriculture first began to spring up. This is also where legends such as Gilgamesh and Enkidu began. A few deities worshipped here were Ishtar, Dagon, and Ea. Now, quick and interesting note, Ea is the most similar to the modern Christian God in that he was the creator and father of all. They also have a similar Creation Legend to Christianity in the Enuma Elis, and a catastrophic flood similar to Noah's is mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh when Gilgamesh visits Utnapishtim, the survivor of that flood." She said, proceeding to take a sip of water. When that was done, she ended her tangent. "Anyway, back on topic. The Fertile Crescent, including Egypt, developed... a lot. They're the reason we have the wheel, modern irrigation, and quite a lot. Also around the time of the Mespopotamians and Egyptians, the Jews were establishing their kingdom. This is where we have kings such as David and Solomon." She finished.

"Now, moving away from Mesopotamia, let's move westward to Greece. Now, around this time, the Hellenic Era was beginning. This was the end of the Classical era where a lot of thought and observations of the world came about." Ritsuka said, pointing at the screen, showing a map of Greece. She pointed her laser pointer towards Greece."Now, at this time, in the East, King Darius II and the Persian Empire was at its height. Darius and his empire would become rivals to Iskandar the Conqueror, or as most of you know him, Alexander the Great." She took another sip of water. She was getting parched with all this talking. "After a campaign, Alexander had eventually conquered the Persian Empire, making a new one, known as the Hellenic World. However, when he died, his Empire was split among his generals."

"Now, moving even further west to Rome." She says as a map of the empire pops up behind her. "Now, at this time, Rome was just a collection of tribes gathered by Romulus. After the movement from a kingdom to a republic, Rome grew in power, from dominating its surrounding lands to all of Italy and finally to much of the Mediterranean, before becoming an empire." She said, pointing the laser pointer back at the map. "Then in the later days of the Republic, Julius Caesar ignited the Roman Civil War by crossing the Rubicon into Gaul." She took a long sip of water, and then cleared her throat. "Now, Julius Caesar was assassinated, and so his nephew, Octavian took over. Now, Octavian declared himself the first Emperor of Rome. He led a dynasty called the Julio-Claudians. Now, several famous Julio-Claudians include Caligula and his neph-er, niece, Nero." She paused here. "Now, to cut this section short, because I could go on all day about Rome, I'm going to skip forward to the end of the Empire." Another image appeared. "Now, the collapse of Rome was started by Constantine. He took over Byzantium and named it Constantinople. This split the empire into Eastern and Western. Now, numerous raids from the Huns and other barbarians eventually sacked the Western Empire, which is what we know of as Rome."

The map changed once again. "Now, at the end of the Empire, the Romans pulled out of Brittania. This left the Britons to fend for themselves. Now, the Britons were a tribe in England." She said. "Now, England was being invaded by the Anglo-Saxons, and they needed a king. So, King Arthur was chosen when she drew the sword from the stone." She paused. "Yes, I understand I said 'she,' that was on purpose. It's a Nero situation. Magecraft has a lot to do with it." an image went up on screen. "Arthur gathered the Knights of the Round Table together."

As that faded out, a new image came in, and Ritsuka would speak again.

King_Arthur_and_the_Knights_of_the_Round_Table.jpg

"Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table were Arthur of course, Kay, Lancelot, Galahad, Gawain, Perceval, Bors de Ganis, and several others were gathered together in fighting off Saxon invaders." She pointed to a map of England. "They were able to fend off the Saxon invaders, that is until Arthur was killed by his so-daughter, Mordred." She coughed. "Sorry, that's still really confusing to me." She laughed and took yet another sip of from the water bottle. "Now, Galahad, Perceval, and Bors de Ganis were searching for the Holy Grail, an object many have searched for over the years. I myself have found several while cleaning the timelines, including the one in Camelot."

"Quick side note: Also in this time in Europe proper, Charles the Great was crowned Holy Roman Emperor by Pope Leo III. He instituted the Paladins, or the 12 Peers, which is similar to the Round Table in that it was a knightly order. Famous paladins include Astolfo and Roland." The screen switched to a map of France.

"Now, let's begin moving back eastward." a map of France appeared on screen. "The Hundred Years War was a war fought between England and France for, well, a little over a Hundred Years. Famous heroes from that era include Prince Edward, Henry V, and of course, Jeanne d'Arc. The Hundred Years War ended when the English leader pulled out of France, leaving Calais as the only English holding in France."

"Now, let's move even further eastward. Medieval China had heroes such as the strategist Zhuge Liang and Cao Cao. China developed Gunpowder and movable type which were sent westward on the Silk Road. They also, much earlier, had settled Japan, which by this time was independent and thriving. Famous heroes from here are Oda Nobunaga and Okita Souji." she said. "Following Nobunaga's reign, Toyotomi Hideyoshi. took over leading several campaigns into Korea and China and killing the 26 Martyrs of Nagasaki." She looked at the crowd. "I know this has gone on a while, but just a little bit more to go. Thanks for sticking with me this long."

A map of the British Empire appeared. "Exiting the Renaissance, we have the British Empire. Now, the British Empire ruled the seas following the defeat of the Spanish Armada by Sir Francis Drake and Sir Charles Howard. This led to the formation of the United States via revolution and then the Industrial Revolution." She changed the screen. "Now, this was also a time of war. The Civil War, the Crimean War, the War of 1812. All of these wars produced heroes such as Florence Nightingale, who established the modern Nursing movement. The Victorian Era also produced stories, stories such as Frankenstein and his monster, Dracula, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock and Moriarty. All stories that influenced modern writing. Inventors such as Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla revolutionized modern technology." The room went dark as she finished.

"Then the World Wars occured. Albert Einstein, Robert Oppenheimer, the Nuclear Bomb. All destructive evidence of humanity." She said mournfully. "Then, the United Nations was formed as a method of peace. They, along with the Mages Association have formed Chaldea, the group I work for. We go back in time to prevent anomalies. I've met Joan of Arc, I've met Nero, I've met King Arthur. Together, we were able to prevent humanity from disappearing. Now, I have one last thing before I finish." The Chaldea logo would form behind her as she spoke.

"Now, let's look towards the future. What will we have? Advanced AI? Towering buildings? Perhaps a space mission? Only time will tell. But, and not to sound cliche, if we don't understand history, we'll just make the same mistakes."
The presentation ended.

"Sorry, that went a bit longer than intended. Does anyone have any questions before I move on to my performance proper?"
She asked, calmly crossing her arms, only to be met by a few coughs from the crowd."Alright! Then we'll move on to the demonstration of my job. And if you think of anything, feel free to ask me afterward."

Part 2: Changing History

The choir would change their tune:

Several Piantas in Ancient Roman Garb would come onto the stage. These were followed by three more in the dress of Joan of Arc, the Emperor Nero, and a knight carrying large shield in the shape of a cross. Ritsuka stepped out again.

"This is a representation of a broken timeline. This is a Rome where the Empire has been split during Nero's Reign. This is a Rome where magecraft pervades the world, where former Roman rulers have been summoned by a Holy Grail taken by a corrupt mage fight against the True Rome." She said. "On my side, we have Nero's Rome. The True Rome. On the right, we have a group of troops from the United Empire, led by Caligula." She stepped back.

The Piantas stood there. Ritsuka drew five cards in her hand. " Mash, Buster. Nero, Arts. Jeanne, Buster." She shouted to the three. "I'll heal you if you get hurt!" The three Piantas in the dress of women instantly attacked the group dressed in Roman armor, stage fighting with their weapons. Soon, one was left on stage. It went to hit Mash.

"Heal!" Ritsuka shouted before a large amount of sparkles would shine around the Pianta. She looked back down at her hands. "Alright, Nero: Arts, arts. Then I want Mash to finish with a Buster." The Piantas would attack once again. The three Roman soldiers ran off stage. Then two Piantas in a costume that looked like Thing from Fantastic 4 followed by two more Roman soldiers came in. Ritsuka looked at her hand.

"A Golem, alright, so, Nero: Buster, Mash: Arts, and Nero, hit it with a quick." Several stars would come out of the monster before being collected. The Golem still stood standing. A Roman spearman dashed for Nero, hitting her. Then, the golem hit Jeanne. Twice.

"Alright, I'm increasing your strength, Nero." Ritsuka said. A light fell on the Nero actress, who raised her sword. "Now, hit 'em with a Quick, then Jeanne with an Arts, and then Nero again with another Quick." The servants did just that, finishing off this crowd.

Finally, a Pianta stepped out, dressed in the garb of Caligula. They made some unintelligible noise. Ritsuka seemed taken aback a bit. "Alright, Uh, Mash, can we get Wall of Snowflakes on Nero? And Nero, use Imperial Privielege." She shouted. As those abilities manifested themselves, she stared at the enemy. "And now, hit him with three Busters, Nero!" She shouted. The Pianta in the red dress hit it three times, and the larger one still didn't go down.

Ritsuka thought for a moment as Caligula attacked Mash, before looking up. "Alright, Jeanne, stun and then two arts!" she shouted. "And then Mash, hit him with a Quick." She watched as the large Roman Pianta stage fell like a play.

Ritsuka took a bow and another sip of water as the stage dimmed.

[End Scene]

Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
Hiyori Iki's Act: Light As A Feather

tumblr_inline_n2wah8Emm21riacmz.png

Well, as much as Hiyori had wanted to stay back and continue to enforce just what Yato was like to Yusuke and Luigi to make sure her friend didn't swindle them, she was aware that she didn't have long. Time was of the essence, and hers? Well, it was quickly running thin. She was one of the few that hadn't gone on yet, and the fact was slightly nerve-wracking. What was she supposed to do? She had no real 'special talents'. She was average in most things at best, save for perhaps in her skills at wrestling(self-taught by videos of the great Tohno, she would be glad to inform you), but that wasn't exactly something she could call forth here.

So her lip was bitten meekly, her confidence wavering as she spared a glance as the stage. Reluctantly turning away from Yato and the others with an uttered 'excuse me'. Gosh, she didn't want to do this. She really didn't want to, whatsoever. But it was rather apparent that she had no choice, and that was all she could keep in mind as she went forward. And minutes later found herself upon the stage, a variety of props set up of all different sorts. Which, standing upon in front of all of these people....

Tohno, please grant me strength!

"Ah, hello, everyone. I'm Hiyori Iki, and I'd like to thank you all for having me today,"
she started, giving the audience a warm smile and a grateful bow along with her introduction. "Admittedly, I wasn't certain what to do for this wonderful event... But Miss I-no was generous enough to give me a setup, and I'd like to do a special performance for you all today!" she explained, smile unnoticeable becoming a bit more nervous. But still, here went nothing....

There was nothing: no sounds of effort or loud footfalls, no gasps or pants, no shrieks or anything of the like as the girl leapt into the air, gracefully springing forward into the air and lading with skills and grace atop a wire that had been at least four feet above where she had been standing. And, were the height of her jump not proof on it's own that something was off, another odd occurrence came about- the girl had developed some sort of pink, cat-like tail, one that swished delicately about as she balanced atop the thin wire chord with apparent ease. To those that had paid attention, they would actually have seen something odd- there had been two Hiyoris. One had split hence from the other mid-jump- the one with the tail coming out of the one without -, with the latter being left behind as though an empty shell in a heap on the stage.

It took no time at all for Hiyori to get into her comfort zone. She bounced about atop the wire for a good bit of time, performing a variety of flips and springs and dangles and hops. Each movement radiated pure elegance, despite how casually she went about it all, the female even allowing herself to enjoy it to the extent of releasing a few laughs here and there. The wind worked with her, combing her hair and clothes as she flipped gracefully into her next endeavor. And the one after that. And the one after that.

Cartwheels and flying kick-turned-flips, somersaults and back-ins full-outs, aerials and vaults, handsprings and even gaylords. She did it all with a completely carefree and light air, as though she were but a feather on the wind, letting it whisk her along as it willed. Eventually, though, she noted that she had spent perhaps a bit too much time. Laughing with slightly short breath, she rubbed her neck, paused atop a metal pole on it's small face. "Ah, thank you for your time, everyone. I hope my performance sufficed and brought you joy...."

And so she shyly turned heel, exiting the stage. Her body was initially left behind, but moments later she rushed back out to retrieve it, clearly embarrassed as she dragged it backstage with a red face. Gosh, how could she have forgotten something so important? And why was this happening again?!

@Yun Lee

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Hiyori Iki's Act: Light As A Feather

tumblr_inline_n2wah8Emm21riacmz.png

Well, as much as Hiyori had wanted to stay back and continue to enforce just what Yato was like to Yusuke and Luigi to make sure her friend didn't swindle them, she was aware that she didn't have long. Time was of the essence, and hers? Well, it was quickly running thin. She was one of the few that hadn't gone on yet, and the fact was slightly nerve-wracking. What was she supposed to do? She had no real 'special talents'. She was average in most things at best, save for perhaps in her skills at wrestling(self-taught by videos of the great Tohno, she would be glad to inform you), but that wasn't exactly something she could call forth here.

So her lip was bitten meekly, her confidence wavering as she spared a glance as the stage. Reluctantly turning away from Yato and the others with an uttered 'excuse me'. Gosh, she didn't want to do this. She really didn't want to, whatsoever. But it was rather apparent that she had no choice, and that was all she could keep in mind as she went forward. And minutes later found herself upon the stage, a variety of props set up of all different sorts. Which, standing upon in front of all of these people....

Tohno, please grant me strength!

"Ah, hello, everyone. I'm Hiyori Iki, and I'd like to thank you all for having me today,"
she started, giving the audience a warm smile and a grateful bow along with her introduction. "Admittedly, I wasn't certain what to do for this wonderful event... But Miss I-no was generous enough to give me a setup, and I'd like to do a special performance for you all today!" she explained, smile unnoticeable becoming a bit more nervous. But still, here went nothing....

There was nothing: no sounds of effort or loud footfalls, no gasps or pants, no shrieks or anything of the like as the girl leapt into the air, gracefully springing forward into the air and lading with skills and grace atop a wire that had been at least four feet above where she had been standing. And, were the height of her jump not proof on it's own that something was off, another odd occurrence came about- the girl had developed some sort of pink, cat-like tail, one that swished delicately about as she balanced atop the thin wire chord with apparent ease. To those that had paid attention, they would actually have seen something odd- there had been two Hiyoris. One had split hence from the other mid-jump- the one with the tail coming out of the one without -, with the latter being left behind as though an empty shell in a heap on the stage.

It took no time at all for Hiyori to get into her comfort zone. She bounced about atop the wire for a good bit of time, performing a variety of flips and springs and dangles and hops. Each movement radiated pure elegance, despite how casually she went about it all, the female even allowing herself to enjoy it to the extent of releasing a few laughs here and there. The wind worked with her, combing her hair and clothes as she flipped gracefully into her next endeavor. And the one after that. And the one after that.

Cartwheels and flying kick-turned-flips, somersaults and back-ins full-outs, aerials and vaults, handsprings and even gaylords. She did it all with a completely carefree and light air, as though she were but a feather on the wind, letting it whisk her along as it willed. Eventually, though, she noted that she had spent perhaps a bit too much time. Laughing with slightly short breath, she rubbed her neck, paused atop a metal pole on it's small face. "Ah, thank you for your time, everyone. I hope my performance sufficed and brought you joy...."

And so she shyly turned heel, exiting the stage. Her body was initially left behind, but moments later she rushed back out to retrieve it, clearly embarrassed as she dragged it backstage with a red face. Gosh, how could she have forgotten something so important? And why was this happening again?!

@Yun Lee

Rubbing the back of his head, Yato addressed Yusuke with a friendly grin.
"I'm not the best critic but I'd gladly take a look and give my opinion sometime..."

tumblr_inline_ocfp6cJ8Qy1r3leyb_100.png

Yato trailed off, attention being taken away as he was almost mesmerized as Hiyori did her act, speechless as he watched, a smile coming to his face when he noticed that she was at least having fun with it. His gaze remained fixed and with as much ease that came to her he couldn't help but laugh lightly to himself. Seeing her so happy, at least for the moment, caused his heart to swell with joy.

With her performance done and the fact she almost left her body there he laughed again before glancing towards Hiyori with a playful glint in his eyes.

tumblr_inline_nzoe2sVn3t1r3leyb_100.png

"Is this what you do when I'm not around? Makes sense that your body always ends up getting left somewhere." he sighed, walking over to help her out by picking up her body bridal style.

Krieger was taken aback by Starlow's question? "Who is...you mean you don't know? Ugh, the Multiverse is worse off than I thought. Not to worry-I always come prepared." Popping the tape out of his recorder, Krieger put in another and started it.
"You're welcome."

@Mason Moretti

$

Yamashiro smiled at Ernesti's question. Though she didn't really have the answer, she would be honest with him.

"I don't really know the technology, Ernesti. It was given to me ever since I have known this... human form. And previous to that, I was a real battleship that perished in war... the battleship Yamashiro."

Yamashiro then brought Zuiun, putting it down near Ernesti. She thought both would like to meet each other, so she decided to make it happen.

latest

"Ernesti, meet Zuiun. I once compared you to this brave pilot and aircraft, so I am honored to have you both meet now. I only know of the little ones as our trusted assistants in battle, it is a professional relationship."
@Crow

"Hello, Zuiun, my name is Ernesti Echevalier, Commander of the Order of the Silver Phoenix, and-"

Ernesti chose to cut himself off, reaching another finger for a handshake.

"Pleasure to meet a fellow pilot, Zuiun. We may pilot different kinds of partners, but it's still great to meet a fellow warrior on the battlefield."

@Mari

Reactions: Mari