Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Huh? O-oh! My bad, yer a good guy." Bowser said before giving Talon not so subtle wink that anyone with even one semi functioning eye could see.

smbc_capebowserwink_tb.png
Rita had been listening to what Talon and Bowser had been saying. " You... killed people before..... how could you?" It wasn't a whole question, as much as a half-statement/half-question. She wasn't stupid and didn't think the Koopa thing would lie or wink if it was telling the truth.
Talon sighed. Although Bowser had gotten the message, the consequences of his actions have now been made clear. Putting on a guise of defeat, he looked at Rita.

"Okay... You got me. However, I'm not a cold-blooded killer, that I can assure you. I'm more of a... vigilante."

This time, he wasn't completely lying. He was telling a half truth, which made his delivery much more convincing. Hopefully, this would stop his reputation from plummeting even more.

Rita Hanson

Rita wasn't sure what to say at the moment, but she wanted to see what Talon would say to defend him. He seemed defeated, but looks were deceiving as she learned from the loop.

" Why would you hold that back if you only hurt the guility? Why kill at all? There are other ways to change people without violence and bloodshed."

@Otto

Talon sighed. Although Bowser had gotten the message, the consequences of his actions have now been made clear. Putting on a guise of defeat, he looked at Rita.

"Okay... You got me. However, I'm not a cold-blooded killer, that I can assure you. I'm more of a... vigilante."

This time, he wasn't completely lying. He was telling a half truth, which made his delivery much more convincing. Hopefully, this would stop his reputation from plummeting even more.
Bowser nodded in agreement as he looked to Rita with a pair of crossed arms.

latest

"Yeah, Talon is a vigiwhatever. So shuddup and quit stickin' yer stinkin' nose where it don't belong." Bowser said to Rita in a low growl.

When Rita continued, Bowser's nostrils flared as she spoke.
"Maybe it's cause killin' people is the only way t'get the job done, toots." Bowser said, hoping that Rita would just shutup and move on.

He wasn't about to let people judge his fellow criminal mastermind! >:(

@Otto @LuckycoolHawk9

• Love
Reactions: Husk
tumblr_inline_nzohm7nciY1r3leyb_100.png

"...Thank you, Starlow,"
Hiyori murmured gently as the female star creature decided to humble her with a vote. The words came out somewhat forced, as she was still trying to choke back tears, but she at least managed to get them out and give the girl a wavering smile for a fleeting moment. Still, her expression and mannerisms reflected just how solemn she felt, and it was difficult to bite that down. As always, though, it seemed her divine friend knew how to earn at least the faintest trace of happiness from her.

A small, weak laugh could be heard from the brunette as the stray god apologized for his prior shove. Something that, for whatever reason, earned mild amusement from the female. Perhaps it was because of just how shallow that little thing was, in comparison to everything else that had transpired. Or maybe it was just the fact that, out of all times, he chose now to utter an apology. As always, he had stunning timing. Regardless of the reason, though, she braced herself to speak, idly dabbing tears that had spilled over onto her cheeks red from crying with her sleeve. Only, she was rendered silent as her trembling form felt a new fabric being draped over it, followed suit by an arm gently pulling her back against a familiar form.

Th-that scent...-

26d11734f003bda3f11415542aadcfb2.jpg

She couldn't help it. The male's scent leading her to relax and his own warmth spreading to her, her eyes went wide, head tilting to regard the male whom she gently rested against with a shock. At first, she said nothing, eyes merely remaining fixated on him with awe and astonishment. If one paid close enough attention, they'd likely notice her face going slightly redder than it already had before. But regardless, as opposed to her earlier aggressive reactions, Hiyori actually embraced him, feeling the tears coming on even stronger for some reason. Almost as though the comfort of his embrace made her feel safe enough to let them. But as she did, she spake, voice quiet and cracking only faintly as she buried her face in his shoulder.

tumblr_inline_nfs6nmOG851smxeq7.png

"I-I forgive you, Yato..."

The words hurt, coming out, more than in the literal sense that came with the faint burning in her throat. They hurt in the way that they felt heavy, like she needed to say them now or, with the new situation at hand, she might not get to. Like she might lose him before she could tell him, or vice versa. And that was something she couldn't bear. Perhaps that was why the tears came pouring down, now. Especially with overhearing that Yato would not be one of the safe, protected parties. What was she going to do...?

@Mason Moretti @Takumi @Yun Lee @Whoevs​

Her laugh made the stray's mood lighten, and at least she wasn't completely glum now.

tumblr_inline_o0yp6oeOuG1tivedm_100.jpg

Eyes widening as she turned to hug him, and his cheeks becoming a pink shade as he was reminded of the last time she had done something similar. Wrapping his arms around her waist to comfort her, Yato felt a bit awkward as he remembered that others were present. Those thoughts were pushed aside, as he waited patiently for her to calm down some, not moving to pull away.

One thing concerned him, and that was the fact that Hiyori's safety wasn't certain this time.

"Let's do our best Hiyori." he replied.

@Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee @Anybody

The final vote had been decided.

"Yamashiro, Alesha, we will meet face-to-face soon..."

Ernesti Echevalier's eyes were filled with determination, almost parring with how he felt in the recently-ended war with the Zaloudek Kingdom.

If you were there to see it, you too would be well aware of the limits to his determination and persistence, in which there was almost none.

2ZGG4rU.jpg

"... because I'll never be ready to hold back!"

He and his trusty partner Ikaruga had earned various names by the enemy during that war, and the reasons why, and possibly the names, would be known soon.

@Mari @Khan of the Mardu

"I see. Very well. For their hard work, the winners of immunity are Alesha and Yamashiro." The faint glow would leave everyone but those two, who would glow as strongly as Rita. The three would float onto the raised platform, safely out of the way of the game.
tumblr_ot8apueaE21sg8uefo4_540.gif

"Congratulations, you three. You've earned your places here. Adding onto that, Talon and The Doctor both have an advantage that they can use in this game. Make sure you use it wisely, as it can change everything."

"Cut the shit, Yuriko."

DDsbAMFUIAAj12c.jpg

Yumeko's voice had an edge unheard of at any other point in time. "What is this game?"

The side of Yuriko's face twitched, but she managed to maintain composure. "W-Why, Yumeko…you of all people should know that-"

"Don't you remember? My memory is shit. All I know is that you've sunk lower than ever before. Let's get this over with. Now."

Yuriko gulped, face slightly contorted into a pained expression, as if reliving some sort of past trauma.
kakegurui-ep-3-english-sub-part-3-660x330.jpg

"...fine."

-----------
Paradise Game #1: Life or Death (Modified Version)

Premise: Players will be suspended in nets above the ground, and try to get to the ground. How they do this will be to compete or cooperate with the others through a series of gambles. The game will end when all but one person is on the ground.

On Your Turn: When its your turn, you select another player, and say whether you predict they live or die. This means that you predict that the wooden sword in the container will be blade up (life), or blade down (death), and you're betting the life of you and another person.

-If you choose death and the blade is down, you win and are on the ground, while the person you named is in the air.
-However, if you choose death and the blade is up, you are in the air, and the person you named is on the ground.
-If you choose life and the blade is up, both you and the person you named are on the ground.
-However, if you choose life and the blade is down, both you and the person you named are in the air.

The game will continue until only one person is in the air. Once one person is in the air, the game is over and that person is the loser.

Advantage: Those with an advantage get three times to reverse an outcome. For example: Say Talon predicted Shantae would get death, but the result is blade up, or life. Talon can reverse the outcome so that the blade did go down, and he would be on the ground instead of Shantae. Another example: Say two people chose life but ended up with the blade down, or death. Even if he's not one of the two involved, Talon could reverse that outcome and give thosw two other players life.

Additional Notes:
-You may not name yourself. You must name another person.
-Do not name anyone who has not posted in chapter one. They are at risk of an inactivity kill, and would most likely not play the game.
-You may name anyone in the game at any time, even if they are on the ground. No one is safe until the game is over.

---------------

Upon finishing with the rules, Yuriko, now more relaxed, would snap her fingers. Everyone participating would be caught in a net and hoisted twenty feet into the air. "The first turn will be decided randomly. After that, turns will be decided two ways: if they are still in the air, whoever was named will go next. If whoever was named is on the ground, someone else will be randomly selected."

"G-Good luck!" Luigi weakly shouted. Bowser merely rolled his eyes.

"Without further ado…the first up is Yato."

@Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: thatguyinthestore
Rita Hanson

Rita was surprised with the way she was removed from the board and was placed on a raised platform and looked around. It seemed Luigi, Bowser, Yamashiro and Alesha were indeed with her. She looked over at them. This felt weird to be on the outside looking in. She looked over at the others. " So..... who are you most worried about?" She asked.

Rita wouldn't feel bad if Tony died, but Peter/ Spider-Man was nice and she didn't want to see him die nor did she think some others were bad down there. He seemed like a nice guy. A little weird. But Weird was fine... as long as it wasn't all the time.

@Mari @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @The Safe zone

Her laugh made the stray's mood lighten, and at least she wasn't completely glum now.

Eyes widening as she turned to hug him, and his cheeks becoming a pink shade as he was reminded of the last time she had done something similar. Wrapping his arms around her waist to comfort her, Yato felt a bit awkward as he remembered that others were present. Those thoughts were pushed aside, as he waited patiently for her to calm down some, not moving to pull away.

One thing concerned him, and that was the fact that Hiyori's safety wasn't certain this time.

Premise: Players will be suspended in nets above the ground, and try to get to the ground. How they do this will be to compete or cooperate with the others through a series of gambles. The game will end when all but one person is on the ground.

On Your Turn: When its your turn, you select another player, and say whether you predict they live or die. This means that you predict that the wooden sword in the container will be blade up (life), or blade down (death), and you're betting the life of you and another person.

-If you choose death and the blade is down, you win and are on the ground, while the person you named is in the air.
-However, if you choose death and the blade is up, you are in the air, and the person you named is on the ground.
-If you choose life and the blade is up, both you and the person you named are on the ground.
-However, if you choose life and the blade is down, both you and the person you named are in the air.

The game will continue until only one person is in the air. Once one person is in the air, the game is over and that person is the loser.

Advantage: Those with an advantage get three times to reverse an outcome. For example: Say Talon predicted Shantae would get death, but the result is blade up, or life. Talon can reverse the outcome so that the blade did go down, and he would be on the ground instead of Shantae. Another example: Say two people chose life but ended up with the blade down, or death. Even if he's not one of the two involved, Talon could reverse that outcome and give thosw two other players life.

Additional Notes:
-Do not name anyone who has not posted in chapter one. They are at risk of an inactivity kill, and would most likely not play the game.
-You may name anyone in the game at any time, even if they are on the ground. No one is safe until the game is over.

---------------

Upon finishing with the rules, Yuriko, now more relaxed, would snap her fingers. Everyone participating would be caught in a net and hoisted twenty feet into the air. "The first turn will be decided randomly. After that, turns will be decided two ways: if they are still in the air, whoever was named will go next. If whoever was named is on the ground, someone else will be randomly selected."

@Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York
14822cf5d6b898e3766388241685.jpg

If she had noticed- or perhaps cared -about how awkward and embarrassed Yato became when she hugged him, it certainly didn't show. Even through her own embarrassment, she held him tightly, gently clutching at the fabric of the back of his shirt. Her face nuzzled carefully against his shoulder, uncaring about the fact that he too remained wet after earlier. The embrace still left her feeling warmer and safer than before, and when she finally managed to ease up on her crying and eventually pull back, again wiping her face with her sleeve? She felt slightly better. Especially with the words spoken to her by the male.

But no verbal response came. Instead, all Hiyori could do was give a faint smile and subtle nod, hoping this was enough to convey her agreement with that. Only, fate seemed to have every intention of stomping her hopes.

The familiar sensation of her heart stopping came when the game was explained. But it was not just the explanation that caused it; it was, additionally, the fact that Yato was the first to go. And as though those two things alone weren't bad enough, they'd been separated again, the familiar comforting sensation of his warmth and scent fading away from her all too quickly. So it was with obvious panic and despair that she clutched at the net in which she was suspended, biting her lip loosely and fighting increasingly intense fear.

Please be careful.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Everyone​

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Ernesti would run out of water and fall to the ground.

@Crow @Mari @Shine Gate

--------------

"Uh...I believe that in order to get fruit, you need to buy it for a gold coin," Yumeko said. "Mr. All Might got one for helping a local who was on fire. I don't know where to get others, I'm afraid..."

@York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X

--------------

Rita would successfully clean up the goop, meaning the monster returned one last time. It would shoot a fast ball of goop at Yato.

@Takumi @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Tanuki Hut​
Episode 1, Part 2
"A Matter of Life and Death"

The creature at the Tanuki Hut let out another roar, only to have its mouth sprayed with water. It shrieked and sunk into the blob, which, as at the other two locations, also vanished, along with any leftover goop on the boardwalk or people. It would be replaced with an earthquake and rumbling, and finally…
180px-BlueshopOutside.JPG

The Tanuki Hut, back to normal.

"Ho-ly shit." A voice piped up behind those at the hut, and turning around would reveal it to be none other than Jack. He seemed in awe of what just happened, but it wouldn't stop him from greeting the group with a, "Took you long enough."

--------------

"It looks like everyone has cleaned up already," Yumeko observed, as she watched the Tanuki Hut rise up. "Too bad I forgot to do any cleaning!" She didn't sound very sorry, though.

Their ferry was about to dock, taking Yumeko, All Might, and Ami to the boardwalk. Before then, though, Yumeko would walk up to All Might, and hug him.
8016be3101f54d3a0e86c105b4d0c3df.jpg

"Thank you very much for how nice you've been to me,"
she said. "I've been able to enjoy myself despite losing Mary because of you." Pulling away with a smile, her attention was diverted as she noticed Jack here. "Oh, it's you! Are you part of the clean-up crew as well?"

"Who, me? God no! I'd rather take my chances with Jer...the, uh, jerk monster from the airstrip. No, I stopped by to make sure you weren't trying to skip town. And that clean-up happened ASAP."

"I see. That's very nice of you."

"Yeah, nice. Let's go with that."

"...huh?" A sparkling star-shaped object came down, circling those who cleaned the Hut and flew off to the Shine Gate, leaving the three there with a faint glow. Rita, however, would have a stronger glow now.

"Well, that was...special. Anyway, come on, guys. We need to round everyone else up. You guys got a big cleanup job that needs everyone involved."

Jack would round up everyone all over Delfino Plaza, then lead them all to the Bell Tower. "Pardon me, Mr. Jack, but have you seen I-No?"

"Huh? No, thank God. She's probably off riding a broomstick and making some other poor bastard miserable. Luckily I got upgraded to babysitting all of you. I had to pull a few strings with those officers, but it all worked out." He held the door to the Bell Tower open, allowing everyone inside. "Just head on in there, then you can clean up that mess."
6OW7gdc_d.jpg

The Bell Tower was a long rectangular building, which everyone would find was large enough for all of them to fit in, but also hollow as well. No stairs, no ladder...it was just a large, empty space. And, once Jack closed the door behind everyone, it was pitch black, to boot.

"Um...where is the mess you were talking about?"

"Oh, yeah, that. Well, uh, funny story...you all just walked into it."

Before anyone could respond, a voice suddenly chimes in. "Ah, so you've all arrived. I've been waiting." As they speeak, the sound of objects being shaken in a container can be heard. "You all took so long, I'm afraid I've gotten rather impatient. Just for that, I'm going to take my move right now."

The shaking continues, echoing through the room. "Let me see...who shall I pick...perhaps...no, no...hmm...aha! I've got it."

WHAM!

"I pick Nagihiko Fujisaki...to die."

There's a sudden silver shimmer in the darkness, and a WHOOSH that passes through the center of the room. A cry of pain can be heard, and the lights go on. To your horror, Nagihiko is dead, a katana having impaled him right through the heart.

"Wh-what is this?!"

"Oh my...that was a bit too literal, wasn't it?"

You find the room to be styled in a traditional Japanese fashion, and sitting before you all on a raised part of the floor is a teenager with closed eyes and a kimono. Yumeko gasps upon seeing her-no doubt part of her memory just came back.

"Yuriko Nishinotouin!"
yuriko-nishinotouin-108803.jpg

"Yumeko Jabami. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"What are you doing here? Why did you kill him? Why-"

"Shhhh." Yuriko put a finger to her lips. "No time for questions. I only have time to explain what's going on. You see, Jack is correct. You are all here to clean up a mess you made. But this mess happens to be far worse than a pile of colorful goo. This mess is the blood on your hands."

"Blood on our...hold on! None of us killed anyone!"

"Oh, is that so? They edited out that particular footage in the surveillance tapes due to how graphic it was, but if you want evidence, you can see for yourselves. A large number of you committed murders, and, as part of the process of cleaning up, you must lose as many lives as were taken."

Yumeko shook her head. "This has to be a mistake…!"

"As much as I wish it was, it isn't. Nagihiko was the only one caught on camera, so his death was inevitable. But the rest of you...as we don't know who killed, Kirari has come up with a method to choose who will be punished. Each day you're here, until you match the number of those your criminal group slaughtered, you will play games for your very life."
e96eef7c846c4e029d4cbe3e6c4a14af116d0532_hq.gif

"........."

Yumeko was now silent as the grave, that last comment causing her to go completely mute. Yuriko merely took that as a cue to keep going.

"Now then, my game is up first. Before we begin that, however...there are a few things you need to do. First of all, everyone who is glowing needs to vote for two glowing people who they think deserve immunity. Whoever gets the highest number of votes will get to sit out of the game. The only exceptions are Rita, who earned immunity by working two areas, and Luigi, who is not allowed to compete. In addition, anyone with a blue coin may decide now if they want to purchase a ticket or save their coins. Saving will allow you to purchase an immunity when you have three coins...if you manage to survive that long, of course."

Jack would remove the sword from Nagihiko and join Yuriko onstage. "Now, go on and make these preparations, and I will explain what we're playing. I will also answer any questions you may have."
tumblr_ot8apueaE21sg8uefo2_540.gif

"When you all are ready...let the games begin."

Starring:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Risky Boots (Shantae)
@Bucky as Honoka Kousaka (Love Live!)
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Tony Stark (The Superior Iron Man)
@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Kars (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Glostechk as Tsuyu Asui (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Toshinori Yagi (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@Kentucky as Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson (Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mari as Yamashiro (KanColle)
@Mason Moretti as Starlow (Mario and Luigi series)
@Midnight Maiden as Hiyori Iki (Noragami)
@Minerva as Ritsuka Fujimura (Fate/Grand Order)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Kusanagi (Phantom of the Kill)
@Takumi as Yato (Noragami)
@thatguyinthestore as Shantae (Shantae)
@The Myrmidon as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@York as Ami Kawashima (Toradora!)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)

In Memoriam:

Mary Saotome - Hit on the Head!

Nagihiko Fujisaki - Impaled!
"I see. Very well. For their hard work, the winners of immunity are Alesha and Yamashiro." The faint glow would leave everyone but those two, who would glow as strongly as Rita. The three would float onto the raised platform, safely out of the way of the game.

"Congratulations, you three. You've earned your places here. Adding onto that, Talon and The Doctor both have an advantage that they can use in this game. Make sure you use it wisely, as it can change everything."

"Cut the shit, Yuriko."

DDsbAMFUIAAj12c.jpg

Yumeko's voice had an edge unheard of at any other point in time. "What is this game?"

The side of Yuriko's face twitched, but she managed to maintain composure. "W-Why, Yumeko…you of all people should know that-"

"Don't you remember? My memory is shit. All I know is that you've sunk lower than ever before. Let's get this over with. Now."

Yuriko gulped, face slightly contorted into a pained expression, as if reliving some sort of past trauma.

"...fine."

-----------

Additional Notes:

---------------

Ami Kawashima
@Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @Yun Lee
@Others?
(Gonna re-organize these tags once I get an idea of how activity is I suppose x.x)

Ami looked disappointed realizing that she wouldn't be getting any of that local currency anytime soon, sighing as she trudged onboard the Ferry, clearly ready to head back to the mainland.

6tfPs8i.png

"Bummer..." She muttered.

As they returned to the others, a mysterious, star-shaped object descended from the sky, bestowing a strange glow on a few people... It's purpose? She honestly had no idea, but for the time being, she allowed Jack, who had apparently taken to supervising them to lead them inside a rather roomy Belltower. However, it would appear that what they were here for, was more than just some cleanup duty.

Yuriko Nishinotouin, someone who Yumeko apparently knew quite well told them that they had blood on their hands... And they were supposed to pay for it, with their lives...

Wait wait... WHAT?! What did she just say?!

jbKCeh6.png

"Eeeeh?! That doesn't make any sense!!! You don't kill people to stop people from... ... Killing people!!!" She protested, but to no avail; it seemed like their fates were already sealed when they stepped in here.

Though after a quick voting process, it was evident that the star thing that came around and bestowed light upon some of their group members somehow made them... Immune for at least one of these games, or at least allowed them the chance to be. Three out of those would then be guaranteed to survive VIA sitting out one of these death games, or at least that's how she interpretted this anyways.

Nonetheless though, Ami tried her best to remember the rules she was being told of the game before she was suddenly hoisted ten feet up into the air with the others in a net... Which really did make her feel rather exposed, and generally uncomfortable.

xq94DxU.png

"Th-This is highly onorthodox! There must be another way!!" She cried out in vain, clearly freaked out about this sudden life and death situation she was in, or so it seemed.

However, while she truly was nervous given the situation, she was overplaying her fear a little in an effort to throw any competition offguard. As she continued to protest, or at least feign doing so, she pretended to frantically look around the room, when in reality... She was trying to get a read on where everyone was.

Even though her goal in this game was to well, survive... It still felt uncomfortable knowing that her own life lay in the hands of someone else... And vice versa. Things had certainly escalated from what she had initially planned for today, and who knows how much crazier they'll get!​

Rita Hanson

Rita was surprised with the way she was removed from the board and was placed on a raised platform and looked around. It seemed Luigi, Bowser, Yamashiro and Alesha were indeed with her. She looked over at them. This felt weird to be on the outside looking in. She looked over at the others. " So..... who are you most worried about?" She asked.

Rita wouldn't feel bad if Tony died, but Peter/ Spider-Man was nice and she didn't want to see him die nor did she think some others were bad down there. He seemed like a nice guy. A little weird. But Weird was fine... as long as it wasn't all the time.

@Mari @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @The Safe zone
"W-well, to be honest, I hope that-a everyone makes it out okay." Luigi replied nervously as he watched the events from the platform above. "How about you, Bowser?" The plumber asked, though he doubted that Bowser really cared.

"You really think I care? I'm only here t'get my sweet volcano base back. It ain't my fault if you losers get yerselves killed along the way." Bowser said with a huff, earning an audible sigh from the plumber.

"Right.... well what about you, Rita?" Luigi asked as he turned to face Rita, the nervousness evident on his face. "Who are you-a worried about the most?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @SafeZone

Rita smiled when Luigi said that he hoped everyone makes it out okay. She knew that somebody had to die- but she didn't think it was fair and she looked over at him. She was silent as she looked over at Bowser for a moment though.

"What about Talon? You got awfully defensive when I asked him questions about the vigilante business. You seemed to be a little concerned about him," Rita said, looking over at Bowser, not believing he didn't care.

Rita was silent. " Well, Peter for one. He was there to help me clean up the statue and the small star thing that jumped into the water when I warned about the goop. Oh and the others at the hut. I didn't get their names, but I worry about them too. Oh and the purple haired one, she seemed nice too. God, I hope this game doesn't..... " She pushed that thought away. None of them knew Phil, but watching more people die generally upset Rita. It upset her even more since she had watched Phil commit suicide and disappear. He was probably dead.

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @Safe Zone

Rita smiled when Luigi said that he hoped everyone makes it out okay. She knew that somebody had to die- but she didn't think it was fair and she looked over at him. She was silent as she looked over at Bowser for a moment though.

"What about Talon? You got awfully defensive when I asked him questions about the vigilante business. You seemed to be a little concerned about him," Rita said, looking over at Bowser, not believing he didn't care.

Rita was silent. " Well, Peter for one. He was there to help me clean up the statue and the small star thing that jumped into the water when I warned about the goop. Oh and the others at the hut. I didn't get their names, but I worry about them too. Oh and the purple haired one, she seemed nice too. God, I hope this game doesn't..... " She pushed that thought away. None of them knew Phil, but watching more people die generally upset Rita. It upset her even more since she had watched Phil commit suicide and disappear. He was probably dead.

"Pffft... I was only gettin' defensive 'cuz unlike you twerps, Talon ain't a total loser. I could care less if he got killed here." Bowser responded with an eye roll.

Luigi simply nodded in response before turning to the others.
"What about-a you guys? Is there anyone that you're worried about?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @SafePlace

"W-well, to be honest, I hope that-a everyone makes it out okay." Luigi replied nervously as he watched the events from the platform above. "How about you, Bowser?" The plumber asked, though he doubted that Bowser really cared.

"You really think I care? I'm only here t'get my sweet volcano base back. It ain't my fault if you losers get yerselves killed along the way." Bowser said with a huff, earning an audible sigh from the plumber.

"Right.... well what about you, Rita?" Luigi asked as he turned to face Rita, the nervousness evident on his face. "Who are you-a worried about the most?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @SafeZone

"Hmmm... perhaps it's concern over who he really is?"

Alesha spoke up as Rita questioned Bowser, eyeing Talon from afar as she did so. If the Koopa King was worried about someone, it almost certainly wasn't out concern for them... a comrade? Unlikely. Perhaps the king was smarter than he looked and picked up something darker coming from the man?

"Well, it's none of our concern at the moment," Alesha shook her head after a moment before sighing, "Personally, I most concerned about Yusuke... he voted for me, yet he stuck down there..."

Rita Hanson

" If I may ask, which one is Yusuke? I'm hopping to learn the names of the others here before.... something bad can happen. I know you are Alesha since I asked you earlier, but I don't really know many others." She looked over at Yamashiro who had been quiet. She seemed nice enough it would seem. Hopefully, she could learn more names. She would like to make new friends. The only names she honestly knew were Peter, Bowser, Luigi, Talon, Radec, Alesha, now Yamashiro and ..... Tony.

@Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @Mari @Safe Zone

Rita Hanson

" If I may ask, which one is Yusuke? I'm hopping to learn the names of the others here before.... something bad can happen. I know you are Alesha since I asked you earlier, but I don't really know many others." She looked over at Yamashiro who had been quiet. She seemed nice enough it would seem. Hopefully, she could learn more names. She would like to make new friends. The only names she honestly knew were Peter, Bowser, Luigi, Talon, Radec, Alesha, now Yamashiro and ..... Tony.

"Rather skinny and tall, but some muscle as if he's swung a sword for some time. Rather eccentric and also hungry at the moment," The khan pointed down at Yusuke as she made her comment, making clear who he was to Rita.

"Pffft... I was only gettin' defensive 'cuz unlike you twerps, Talon ain't a total loser. I could care less if he got killed here." Bowser responded with an eye roll.

Luigi simply nodded in response before turning to the others.
"What about-a you guys? Is there anyone that you're worried about?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @SafePlace

Alesha spoke up as Rita questioned Bowser, eyeing Talon from afar as she did so. If the Koopa King was worried about someone, it almost certainly wasn't out concern for them... a comrade? Unlikely. Perhaps the king was smarter than he looked and picked up something darker coming from the man?

"Well, it's none of our concern at the moment," Alesha shook her head after a moment before sighing, "Personally, I most concerned about Yusuke... he voted for me, yet he stuck down there..."

Rita Hanson

"Rather skinny and tall, but some muscle as if he's swung a sword for some time. Rather eccentric and also hungry at the moment," The khan pointed down at Yusuke as she made her comment, making clear who he was to Rita.
8a2CT17.png

"I'm worried about everyone, although, my apprehensions have lessoned knowing that two of our own are safe, one being my... friend," he said, his voice quieting at the last word of his sentence. It was the second time he had called Alesha a friend of his now, and he used the term loosely. Not many people considered him a friend, and the few that did weren't around at the moment. He wouldn't think much of the title just in case Alesha didn't consider him the same.

He glanced up at Alesha, attempting his best reassuring smile. "I'll be fine, I promise," he stated to ease Alesha, brushing a lock of dark blue hair from his eyes. "I may not appear to be much, but I'm rather good at handling myself," he added. Nevertheless, the boy was nervous about this. Although he remained still and calm his breath quivered. The thought of possibly dying was frightening, and not one he thought of often. Sure, there were chances he could've died during his phantom thief work, but for some reason he was more worried about his life now than he ever had back then. Probably because Akira wasn't around, he absently thought.

After a moment, the boy shrugged his shoulders sheepishly, agreeing with one of the weaknesses Alesha had stated. "Indeed, I am famished. I never had a chance to grab a bite to eat after everything that happened," he said with a frown. "However, nutriment is the least of my worries right now. I'd much rather focus on the game for now," he added, closing his eyes for a moment.

Once he had processed more of the conversation going on around him, Yusuke glanced to Rita who had asked about him. "Alesha-san has given you a rather accurate description of me," he observed. "I'm afraid I haven't learned many names of our comrades myself. What might your name be?" he asked Rita, hoping to calm his anxiety with a bit of conversation.

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore

latest

[Yamashiro: Observing, and hoping]

Being in this position felt weird for Yamashiro, like she was a flagship of sorts, being protected by the rest of the fleet. Sometimes, though not often, she was actually in that position, but it was still unusual to her. The others started to speak of who they were most concerned about, who they were rooting for in a sense. This was familiar to her; sometimes exercise drills would put sisters against each other. Not necessarily to the death like it seemed to be implied here, but it was familiar to Yamashiro.

"I am hoping Ernesti does well. We went through quite a lot at the lighthouse, he even mentioned he would be like my Zuiun aircraft earlier."

She didn't say or do much though; she kept her attention on the grounds below and anxiously watched and waited to see what would happen next.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @Mari @Safe Zone

"Why'd I give a goomba who Talon is? Unless he's like Mario or somethin', I don't care." Bowser stated in a bit of an annoyed tone.

@Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mari @Yun Lee @SafePlace

tumblr_inline_nzohm7nciY1r3leyb_100.png

"...Thank you, Starlow,"
Hiyori murmured gently as the female star creature decided to humble her with a vote. The words came out somewhat forced, as she was still trying to choke back tears, but she at least managed to get them out and give the girl a wavering smile for a fleeting moment. Still, her expression and mannerisms reflected just how solemn she felt, and it was difficult to bite that down. As always, though, it seemed her divine friend knew how to earn at least the faintest trace of happiness from her.

A small, weak laugh could be heard from the brunette as the stray god apologized for his prior shove. Something that, for whatever reason, earned mild amusement from the female. Perhaps it was because of just how shallow that little thing was, in comparison to everything else that had transpired. Or maybe it was just the fact that, out of all times, he chose now to utter an apology. As always, he had stunning timing. Regardless of the reason, though, she braced herself to speak, idly dabbing tears that had spilled over onto her cheeks red from crying with her sleeve. Only, she was rendered silent as her trembling form felt a new fabric being draped over it, followed suit by an arm gently pulling her back against a familiar form.

Th-that scent...-

26d11734f003bda3f11415542aadcfb2.jpg

She couldn't help it. The male's scent leading her to relax and his own warmth spreading to her, her eyes went wide, head tilting to regard the male whom she gently rested against with a shock. At first, she said nothing, eyes merely remaining fixated on him with awe and astonishment. If one paid close enough attention, they'd likely notice her face going slightly redder than it already had before. But regardless, as opposed to her earlier aggressive reactions, Hiyori actually embraced him, feeling the tears coming on even stronger for some reason. Almost as though the comfort of his embrace made her feel safe enough to let them. But as she did, she spake, voice quiet and cracking only faintly as she buried her face in his shoulder.

tumblr_inline_nfs6nmOG851smxeq7.png

"I-I forgive you, Yato..."

The words hurt, coming out, more than in the literal sense that came with the faint burning in her throat. They hurt in the way that they felt heavy, like she needed to say them now or, with the new situation at hand, she might not get to. Like she might lose him before she could tell him, or vice versa. And that was something she couldn't bear. Perhaps that was why the tears came pouring down, now. Especially with overhearing that Yato would not be one of the safe, protected parties. What was she going to do...?

@Mason Moretti @Takumi @Yun Lee @Whoevs​

"Cut the shit, Yuriko."

DDsbAMFUIAAj12c.jpg

"...fine."

-----------

Additional Notes:

---------------

If she had noticed- or perhaps cared -about how awkward and embarrassed Yato became when she hugged him, it certainly didn't show. Even through her own embarrassment, she held him tightly, gently clutching at the fabric of the back of his shirt. Her face nuzzled carefully against his shoulder, uncaring about the fact that he too remained wet after earlier. The embrace still left her feeling warmer and safer than before, and when she finally managed to ease up on her crying and eventually pull back, again wiping her face with her sleeve? She felt slightly better. Especially with the words spoken to her by the male.

But no verbal response came. Instead, all Hiyori could do was give a faint smile and subtle nod, hoping this was enough to convey her agreement with that. Only, fate seemed to have every intention of stomping her hopes.

The familiar sensation of her heart stopping came when the game was explained. But it was not just the explanation that caused it; it was, additionally, the fact that Yato was the first to go. And as though those two things alone weren't bad enough, they'd been separated again, the familiar comforting sensation of his warmth and scent fading away from her all too quickly. So it was with obvious panic and despair that she clutched at the net in which she was suspended, biting her lip loosely and fighting increasingly intense fear.

Please be careful.

Starlow - Life or Death

"Don't cry, Hiyori. You neither, Yato. I'm sure we'll get through this just fine, right?" Starlow beamed them a friendly smile to boost their confidence and stay ever the optimist.

@Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Yun Lee @Everyone​

"Cut the shit, Yuriko."

DDsbAMFUIAAj12c.jpg

"...fine."

-----------

Additional Notes:

---------------

Please be careful.

Starlow - Life or Death

"Don't cry, Hiyori. You neither, Yato. I'm sure we'll get through this just fine, right?" Starlow beamed them a friendly smile to boost their confidence and stay ever the optimist.

@Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Yun Lee @Everyone​

Giving Starlow a small nod and smile, her words gave him a bit of a boost in moral.

tumblr_onlehmlBDU1vkj5lno7_500.jpg

So, he was up first? He could feel his heart pounding in his rib cage and his palms grow sweaty even though he didn't show how nervous he was.

All he had to do was pick someone, and make a prediction. Even so, he didn't know many of them or really know their names all that well. Taking a quick glance at their faces his eyes landed from Starlow to lastly Hiyori, brows furrowing in concern before he looked away so his gaze wouldn't linger to long.

Could he gamble with her life like this? Chances were she could be on the ground with either his or someone else's choice, same with Starlow. Mentally, he was panicking but knew he'd have to take the gamble and see what the outcome would be. Calming himself some, there wasn't any going back for him.

"I predict that Hiyori will live." he spoke. He would have to be careful, but so would the rest. Right now, he was more focused on Hiyori's safety than his own.

@Yun Lee @Midnight Maiden @Mason Moretti @Everyone