Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"-you annoying little brat!" Risky shouted as she violently awoke in her seat, holding her hand out like it was aiming a pistol. But when she flexed her index finger to pull the imaginary trigger, the lady-pirate blinked and stared down at her empty palm in confusion. With panicked haste, Risky patted down her holster, then her sword's sheathe, desperately searching her person for any weapons, but it was fruitless. Looking to her left, past a fat-nosed man in tacky overalls, and a talking Christmas ornament, she peered out the window, then all around the plane's interior. She was impressed, but still quite distressed. Risky moved to take off her hat and rub her temples...but curiously found herself skipping step one. The realization slowly sunk in, and just as Shantae decided to speak, too.

Risky%20Angry_zpswduzwff9.png

"This is all your fault, isn't it?!" Risky burst, jumping out of her seat to spin right around and point the accusing finger at Shantae.

@thatguyinthestore

@Gummi Bunnies
Shantae nearly jumped up in her seat when she heard the all too familiar voice of her arch nemesis pipe up. She slowly turned around in her seat, only to find Risky Boots herself shouting and accusing her of getting them into this predicament.

"My fault?" The half-genie asked, her voice turning from one of cheeriness to one of annoyance in seconds. "Last time I checked, you were the one with who built that stupid doomsday machine!" Shantae said, annoyed that Risky Boots would even accuse her of getting them into this mess.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @The Myrmidon

At that moment, looking at the scroll's strange pictures of identically dressed men and some discussion about a place known as Las Vegas that didn't match what the pilot had spoken of, Alesha knew she had made a mistake and would not find any answers there.

"Quite. I recall going to my tent to rest after a long day of hunting with my fellow warriors," The khan answered with a scowl as she put aside the magazine. Focusing on the young man next to her, she shook her head, "I can only guess one of the dragon-worshiping shamans sent me to this place as some form of revenge for killing its masters... but you do not appear to be from where I am from. You mentioned a school and brushes of some sort?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee
A teenage girl in the middle row yawned, looking around. "Hmm...an airline? Perhaps this has to do with...oh!" She put her hand to her chest, only to find thst whatever she was looking for wasn't there. "Oh dear...excuse me!" Looking to the people near her, the girl smiled politely.

yumeko-jabami-108794.jpg

"Have any of you seen a nametag lying around somewhere? It's very important that I find it!"
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Myrmidon @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"Ah, where are my manners," Yusuke began, realizing he hadn't told this young woman his name yet. "I'm Yusuke, Yusuke Kitagawa. Who might you be?" When the woman would question him about his school, he perked up. "I'm an art student at Kosei High School. Are you what they call..." Yusuke paused, trying to remember a word Futaba had taught him. "...a cosplayer? Your costume is a thing of wonder!" He smiled and held up his hands, creating a rectangle with his fingers. He gazed at her through his fingers, only distracted when his aquaintence would speak with a teenage girl.

"Why is this nametag important to you? Have you forgotten your name? I do hope not. That would be tragic," Yusuke commented to the girl, not turning his gaze to her as he would continue looking at the warrior woman he had been observing.

@The Myrmidon @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden

The girl smiled at Alesha, Yusuke, and Shantae. "Ah, thank you very much! And no, I know my name-it's Yumeko Jabami, but this nametag doesn't say that. Instead it says-..."

PicsArt_09-05-11.24.37.jpg

Yumeko paused, her expression going blank. "That's odd...what was I talking about?" She giggled. "It's probably nothing important!" It seemed as if Yumeko had completely forgotten about the nametag...

@The Myrmidon @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore

------------

Ritsuka's new song would play, something classical this time.

@Minerva

------------

Ernesti would find some sort of high school comedy on:

@Crow

-----------------

The Doctor would find that his magazine featured what looked to be a band of sorts.

6ae5a1d24d77069508b24cf728e011e8.jpg

The attendant clicked her tongue in irritation as more buttons went off. "Ugh, why are you all so needy?! Let me get another helping hand in here..."

Another person would appear, in the middle of yelling at someone.

2639e4e1a6c7ab7fae1e9deba5f8f36d.jpg

"You cheated! I know you cheated! You snuck that Ace in and you know it-GYAHHHH!!!"

The girl would shriek, realizing she was now in a flight attendant uniform (less risqué than the other) and in front of a plane of strangers. "Where am I? What's going on?!" However, before her questions could be answered, one person would recognize her.

"Mary!" Yumeko jumped up and gave the newcomer a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"H-Hey, get off, Yumeko!" Mary pried the girl off her and straightened her uniform. "Isn't it obvious? I..." Mary experienced a pause just like Alesha and Yumeko had earlier. "...I got a job as a flight attendant!"

"Hmm? But just a moment ago, weren't you yelling about someone cheating at cards...?"

"Well, yeah! That's because..." Another pause, then, "...you!" Mary pointed an accusatory finger at the other attendant. "You witch, you cheated at our game of cards! Using turbulence to your advantage..." It seemed that Mary was no longer worried about where she was or how she got there. In fact, she was acting as if she'd been here all along.

The other woman scoffed.
tumblr_o72u52R1cd1u2d2qeo1_r1_500.gif

"My name is I-No, not 'witch.' And unless you want a thrashing, I'd shut that mouth of yours and get to work. You rich kids, I swear, such divas..."

"Hmph!" Mary walked to Ernesti and Yato, her expression not exactly friendly at the moment. "Can I help you...?"

I-No would move from Radec to The Doctor. "You rang?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @dark

The girl smiled at Alesha, Yusuke, and Shantae. "Ah, thank you very much! And no, I know my name-it's Yumeko Jabami, but this nametag doesn't say that. Instead it says-..."

View attachment 144882

Yumeko paused, her expression going blank. "That's odd...what was I talking about?" She giggled. "It's probably nothing important!" It seemed as if Yumeko had completely forgotten about the nametag...

------------

@Minerva

------------

@Crow

-----------------

The Doctor would find that his magazine featured what looked to be a band of sorts.

The attendant clicked her tongue in irritation as more buttons went off. "Ugh, why are you all so needy?! Let me get another helping hand in here..."

"You cheated! I know you cheated! You snuck that Ace in and you know it-GYAHHHH!!!"

The girl would shriek, realizing she was now in a flight attendant uniform (less risqué than the other) and in front of a plane of strangers. "Where am I? What's going on?!" However, before her questions could be answered, one person would recognize her.

"Mary!" Yumeko jumped up and gave the newcomer a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"H-Hey, get off, Yumeko!" Mary pried the girl off her and straightened her uniform. "Isn't it obvious? I..." Mary experienced a pause just like Alesha and Yumeko had earlier. "...I got a job as a flight attendant!"

"Hmm? But just a moment ago, weren't you yelling about someone cheating at cards...?"

"Well, yeah! That's because..." Another pause, then, "...you!" Mary pointed an accusatory finger at the other attendant. "You witch, you cheated at our game of cards! Using turbulence to your advantage..." It seemed that Mary was no longer worried about where she was or how she got there. In fact, she was acting as if she'd been here all along.

The other woman scoffed.

"My name is I-No, not 'witch.' And unless you want a thrashing, I'd shut that mouth of yours and get to work. You rich kids, I swear, such divas..."

"Hmph!" Mary walked to Ernesti and Yato, her expression not exactly friendly at the moment. "Can I help you...?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @dark
"Huh? Oh, you were talking about your nametag, Yumeko!" Shantae said, letting her cheery demeanor return as she spoke to her. She didn't want to let Risky Boots ruin the flight for everyone else by putting her in a bad mood.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @The Myrmidon @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

View attachment 144882

------------

@Minerva

------------

@Crow

-----------------

The other woman scoffed.

@Jeremi @Takumi @dark

Music, eh? Well perhaps later then. The Doctor thought to himself as he put down the magazine just in time for I-No's arrival.

EMFhJxI.png

"Indeed I did! Hello I'm the Doctor!"
He grabbed I'No's arm into a firm handshake. "I seem to be sitting inside an airplane! You wouldn't happen to know how that happened do you? And if you don't then perhaps you can point me in the direction of someone who does? Not that I'm perturbed or anything no no no, it seems to be a fine aircraft after all. But see it is a bit of a mystery and I do like myself a mystery!"

@Kentucky @Yun Lee

Reactions: Verite

View attachment 144882

------------

@Minerva

------------

@Crow

-----------------

The other woman scoffed.

@Jeremi @Takumi @dark

g3NUNsd.jpg

"Decent, decent," Ernesti comments, watching the whole thing before switching the television off as the show came to an end. He actually had a light chuckle for a second. "A little light humour never hurt anyone. Some of them look a little..."

Ernesti felt a bit of a chill.

"Best to mash those thoughts."

He never did figure that it was some sort of spinoff of a larger series.

A blonde flight attendant approached Ernesti and Yato. She didn't appear to be in the best of moods. Service without a smile.

The customer was the one smiling, that was certain.

i0Ggl9W.jpg

"I'd like the Salisbury Steak set please," Ernesti then looks at Yato, "and my friend here would like a..."

@Takumi @Yun Lee

picsart_09-05-11-24-37-jpg.144882

"Huh? Oh, you were talking about your nametag, Yumeko!" Shantae said, letting her cheery demeanor return as she spoke to her. She didn't want to let Risky Boots ruin the flight for everyone else by putting her in a bad mood.

d4H6VFD.png

"It appears you are the forgetful sort, Jabami-san," Yusuke mused when the girl forgot what she was talking about. He dropped his hands down at his sides and finally removing his gaze from Alesha. "No matter. If it's important, I'm certain you will find it later, even if you have forgotten about it now. Now then, onto more important affairs." The teen paused and glanced around him, frowning. "My sketchbook... I was certain I had it on me before I woke up here. I do hope it's nearby," he mumbled, sounding a bit worried.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon

When Gon was finished asking questions, Luigi smiled when he inquired about Mario specifically. "Oh, Mario is my older brother! He looks like me... well kinda. He's a bit shorter and erm... yknow..l Luigi made a circular motion with his hands around his own stomach, obviously signifying Mario's larger stature. "I'm kinda surprised that you haven't heard of him. He's kinda like a big celebrity." The younger brother stated, not aware that Gon, or anyone here, was from a whole other dimension than his. There were stranger looking people than these guys inside and outside the Mushroom Kingdom after all.

When he was going to answer his Isle Delfino question, Luigi cupped his hand over his chin in thought for a moment before remembering what had happened.
"Oh, and uh... I've never been to Isle Delfino myself... but Mario did go there on vacation a while ago. He... ran into some-a trouble there with Bowser and stuff, but he ended up defeating him like he usually does!" Luigi said, declaring the last part about Mario defeating Bowser with a grin.
tenor.gif

"Huh… Is that right?"
Gon curiously inquired, tilting his head, "Well, I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm… ah, a little out of the loop, ehehe," the boy sheepishly continued, rubbing the back of his head with a mildly bashful smile when Luigi mentioned how famous his brother Mario seemingly was. His words were essentially putting it mildly; he was, after all, a country bumpkin for all intents and purposes, so if there were any famous people he didn't know about, it was nothing out of the ordinary for the boy. Heck, Gon found himself often forgetting that his best friend was technically "famous" too. If only for being from a family of the deadliest assassins in all the world, but eh, whatever, once again.

When Luigi kept talking, elaborating on a few details concerning this Isle Delfino, Gon nodded, holding his chin in (attempted) thought.

"Hmm… I see."

He didn't.

"Who's Bowser anyway? What does he have against your brother? Is he like a bad guy or something? 'Cause I can beat him up if he shows up again to bother you!" He said with a toothy, almost jarringly innocent and good-natured grin.

Before a response could be made though, Gon followed himself up with another question. "Oh, I forgot to also ask while I'm at it! Do you happen to know how or when I got to this place? I know I'm not really super smart and all, but I figured I'd be able to remember getting on a plane…" He said with pursed lips.

@Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore

Yumeko tapped her chin in thought. "Nametag? I don't know what you're talking about! I guess I was rambling earlier..." She blushed, rather embarrassed. "Perhaps it was part of a dream I was having? Either way, I can't remember anything about a nametag, sorry!"

PicsArt_09-05-12.50.28.jpg

"But even so, I'm not forgetful! Honest!" She frowned at Yusuke, but soon smiled again. "Maybe we can try lookimg for that sketchbook? It must be here somewhere..."

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

-----------

"Wh-Salisbury steak on a plane? We can't make that!"

"Ask how he wants it cooked, Mary."

"What?! How do we even cook it?!"

"Just ask him! And stop yelling, it's making my headache worse!"

"Ugh!" Mary sighed. "You heard her-how do you want it cooked?"

@Crow @Takumi

----------------

I-No would turn her attention back to The Doctor. "What's the point of listening to a song if you're just going to skip to the last bar? The best kind of mysteries are the ones you figure out yourself. Now, anything I can get for you? Maybe something a bit more..." Her hand, holding The Doctor's, would slowly move towards her chest. "...tangible?"

@Jeremi

[ Kars: Prologue ]
"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"

tumblr_onih2bY3wg1vv1sovo1_1280.jpg

. .

. . .

. . . .?

There it was again.

For a brief, brilliant moment, it reappeared.

That spark. . .that brief light at the end of a dingy, dank tunnel, shining like the distant lights on an oncoming train; small and brief, but growing larger and brighter until it was too late for the fool standing on the receiving end. That is the beauty of light, for it is an absolute thing. It comes without warning and shines until one's eyes and see what was coming for them. . .or, perhaps, they'd already be dead by then. A crumpled mass of monkey meat spinning under the crushing energy of a pointless machine. Could they have understood what was happening to them before the light in their mind escaped them?

No, they couldn't. They don't deserve the gift to understand things that fast.

Yes, this brief light that he saw shone past the amalgamate of mineral and ice that covered those unblinking eyes. . .

It was the spark of thought.

Consciousness, thought-- sapience and sentience, what does it all mean? What constitutes true, valuable thought in an organism? What does it mean to bear this spark? He did not understand-- he could not understand. It's been too long to ponder such abstract concepts, even though he had every ability too. Why could he not process these things like he did before? Why was it so hard to answer that sudden question? Why was it so hard to just think about anything? Why was it so cold? Why couldn't he move his limbs? Where is he?

Where--

Where am I?

Kars' eyes did something they hadn't done in over 730 days-- they blinked. The eyelids flapped down, then flapped up again, spreading a cocktail of mucous and oils across the surface of his eye to refresh his vision. Yes, that is what blinking is. That is the first thing Kars has done since the spark of thought has returned to him. What else? Could he move his limbs? No, no, that wasn't going to work-- they were frozen solid for some reason. Also, for some reason, the only thing Kars saw was a black void disturbed by distant bright lights-- flaming balls of gas -- stars. Stars. . .a black void. It was also very, very cold. Maybe that's why they're frozen?

. . .Space.

I'm -- I'm in space.

. . .And I remember why.

The ice snapped under the movement of Kars' facial muscles (or, they probably did -- he can't hear anything) as the Ultimate Being's mouth curled into a sinister smile. Yes. . .I'm in space. I'm in space because I, Kars, one who has conquered the Sun, have not died at all, because my body is immortal. It is. . .perfect.

I attained this state by imbuing a Stone Mask of my own creation with the power of the Red Stone of Aja-- achieving a step of evolution that goes above and beyond any other life form on Earth. It went beyond the abilities of my subordinates. . .and beyond the capabilities of my sworn enemies. It was my ultimate dream.

And yet. . .I lost.

Because of that boy.

Joseph Joestar.

A cruel laugh escaped Kars' lips, though he couldn't hear it. Yes, I think the first thing I will do once I return home is tear that boy apart, limb-from-limb. I'll be sure to record his screams as I. . .remove him from my world. I can do that now, can't I?

Mmmhmhmhm~

What a marvelous idea! The best idea I've had in who-knows how long.

But.

But, wait. . .how am I going to return to Earth?

Kars blinked again, glancing around. He could see his marvelous body encased in a thick shell of ice, minerals and space dust. Much to his surprise, a million emotions and thoughts filled his head when he realized just where he was. The similar feeling of despair and incoherent rage was building up in the back of his evolved brain, the same feelings he felt moments after being blown out of Earth's orbit by a child's cheap gambit. Though, the last thing Joseph said to Kars was that he planned the entire thing from the start. All that did was piss Kars off. Though. . .there is a binding force that transcends even the physical realm that Kars, the Ultimate Being, will soon rule;

Fate.

And Fate chose Kars, of all people.

A sudden flash of light engulfed the void. Kars did not have time to think before he was taken away.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Ah, where are my manners," Yusuke began, realizing he hadn't told this young woman his name yet. "I'm Yusuke, Yusuke Kitagawa. Who might you be?" When the woman would question him about his school, he perked up. "I'm an art student at Kosei High School. Are you what they call..." Yusuke paused, trying to remember a word Futaba had taught him. "...a cosplayer? Your costume is a thing of wonder!" He smiled and held up his hands, creating a rectangle with his fingers. He gazed at her through his fingers, only distracted when his aquaintence would speak with a teenage girl.

"Why is this nametag important to you? Have you forgotten your name? I do hope not. That would be tragic," Yusuke commented to the girl, not turning his gaze to her as he would continue looking at the warrior woman he had been observing.

@The Myrmidon @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden

The khan cocked a brow at the mention of a high school. There was some difference in education among his horde? Then again, it didn't matter; each clan educated as it wished and felt was best to survive in the harsh world of Tarkir. "Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, khan of the Mardu Horde, and no, I am not one of these... cosplayers," The matter-of-fact tone to her response perhaps undercut the fact that she admitted both her warrior name and the title which she bore, an almost indifferent, silent shrug at their importance. In such a dangerous situation as this, it might have been unwise to share such information freely...

Yet in the mind of the honor-bound warrior, there was no just reason to lie or refuse to give her name. The young man had given his name, and she would do the same.

"The craftsmen made my armor as it was... yet I lack the blades I once carried as well."

d4H6VFD.png

"It appears you are the forgetful sort, Jabami-san," Yusuke mused when the girl forgot what she was talking about. He dropped his hands down at his sides and finally removing his gaze from Alesha. "No matter. If it's important, I'm certain you will find it later, even if you have forgotten about it now. Now then, onto more important affairs." The teen paused and glanced around him, frowning. "My sketchbook... I was certain I had it on me before I woke up here. I do hope it's nearby," he mumbled, sounding a bit worried.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon
Yumeko tapped her chin in thought. "Nametag? I don't know what you're talking about! I guess I was rambling earlier..." She blushed, rather embarrassed. "Perhaps it was part of a dream I was having? Either way, I can't remember anything about a nametag, sorry!"

View attachment 144884

"But even so, I'm not forgetful! Honest!" She frowned at Yusuke, but soon smiled again. "Maybe we can try lookimg for that sketchbook? It must be here somewhere..."

-----------

@Crow @Takumi

----------------

I-No would turn her attention back to The Doctor. "What's the point of listening to a song if you're just going to skip to the last bar? The best kind of mysteries are the ones you figure out yourself. Now, anything I can get for you? Maybe something a bit more..." Her hand, holding The Doctor's, would slowly move towards her chest. "...tangible?"

@Jeremi

"It seems we've all lost something important to us... my blades as a warrior, your sketchbook as an artist I presume, and the young woman her nametag, the memory with it as well... She's lucky to recall who she truly is," Alesha noted with a curious expression, mulling over that detail. After a moment, she looked to Yusuke with a nod, "They must have been all taken when we were brought here, or at least yours and mine. At first, I believed a shaman to be responsible for this, and it might explain the loss of memory... but it does not explain how such a magician would know of this strange flying contraption."

View attachment 144884

-----------

@Crow @Takumi

----------------

@Jeremi

Ernesti was going to apologise and ask for something else, but a little squabble between the two stewardesses had resorted to his request being valid, probably.

iYB11fi.jpg

"If my request is still valid, medium rare, please."

@Yun Lee @Takumi

View attachment 144884

-----------

@Crow @Takumi

----------------

@Jeremi

jEGintF.png

"Oh don't worry,"
The Doctor assured her with a grin. "I have my theories! I was just curious to see if you knew anything and it seemed my hunch was correct! Perhaps later I'll find someone else question!"

Any sensual play seemed to fall on deaf ears as the Doctor casually removed his hand from her grasp. "Speaking of things I want...would it be possible to enter the cockpit? Oh I'd be ever so grateful! I've never been in one you see and it would be the most wondrous way to start my vacation! Perhaps a little bribery..."

His hand slipped into his coat pocket from where he removed a paper bag that he handed towards I-No.

200.gif

"Would you like a jelly baby?"

@Yun Lee

Reactions: Takumi
"Aeroplane, Mister, Aeroplane," Ernesti corrects Yato, "we're high up in the air. No altitude I'm not used to."

Ernesti then looks back at his screen in sheer shock.

7buthdw.jpg

"Is that game footage? That's game footage, isn't it? It sort of looks like my kind of game - Scifi and all - but those graphics, those graphics... they're so... where's the heart? Where's the heart in this creation? Is this what happened to gaming after my sixteen years of absence? What caused this devolution? The music, this game... is humanity in the old world devolving?"

Ernesti turned to Yato. "My bad, my bad. Ah, I realise that I haven't quite introduced myself. My name is Ernesti Echevalier, Commander of the Order of the Silver Phoenix, but I guess that last part won't really come into play here."

Meanwhile, he decided to try one more channel - 9.

@Takumi @Yun Lee

"I know what we we're on, I just have a feeling of deja vú, but there was something to do with a bus . Actually, now that I think about it, I don't even remember booking a trip." Yato placed a hand on his chin in thought yet he didn't have time to ponder it further, distracted by Ernesti's introduction as most of it flew over his head.

"I'm Yato, God of Calamity. I'd give you my card, but I don't have any on me sadly." he greeted, patting himself down again and actually feeling a bit saddened by that.

View attachment 144882

------------

@Minerva

------------

@Crow

-----------------

The other woman scoffed.

@Jeremi @Takumi @dark

g3NUNsd.jpg

"Decent, decent," Ernesti comments, watching the whole thing before switching the television off as the show came to an end. He actually had a light chuckle for a second. "A little light humour never hurt anyone. Some of them look a little..."

Ernesti felt a bit of a chill.

"Best to mash those thoughts."

He never did figure that it was some sort of spinoff of a larger series.

A blonde flight attendant approached Ernesti and Yato. She didn't appear to be in the best of moods. Service without a smile.

The customer was the one smiling, that was certain.

i0Ggl9W.jpg

"I'd like the Salisbury Steak set please," Ernesti then looks at Yato, "and my friend here would like a..."

@Takumi @Yun Lee

tumblr_n27brdmXqD1rh9ls8o1_250.gif

"A bottle of water, please." he spoke up, Mary slightly reminded Yato of Bishamon, which made him feel a bit uncomfortable.

@Yun Lee @Crow

Shantae nearly jumped up in her seat when she heard the all too familiar voice of her arch nemesis pipe up. She slowly turned around in her seat, only to find Risky Boots herself shouting and accusing her of getting them into this predicament.

"My fault?" The half-genie asked, her voice turning from one of cheeriness to one of annoyance in seconds. "Last time I checked, you were the one with who built that stupid doomsday machine!" Shantae said, annoyed that Risky Boots would even accuse her of getting them into this mess.

Risky%20Angry%202_zpsjgl05bd5.png

"Yes, your fault! I...don't remember exactly why..."
Risky tilted her head while her eyes briefly wandered in thought, before snapping back to Shantae, just as frustrated and confused, "But I do remember how much you love to act the hero before thinking for one measly moment, you hot-headed half-breed!" the pirate queen passionately berated, "Your hasty decision-making lost you your powers, last I recall, and this time it's put both of us on a plane full of floozies, man-pigs, and amnesiacs!"

@thatguyinthestore

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @The Myrmidon @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Hmm..."

Like all of the others around her, Hina had no idea how she got here. However, for now she had to admit that she didn't really care. She'd never heard of Delfino whatever, but geography wasn't her strong suit anyway. She decided to try out the radio, though after perusing their collection for a short while it didn't appear to be to her taste. Sliding off the headphones, she instead elected to see if the plane was one of those ones that had games on the TV or something.

Then she pressed the red button Captain jack had mentioned. He did mean everything, right? Sounded convenient.

xoFDuMv.png

"Yo. Salmon roe. Stat."

The button may or may not have worked like an intercom, but regardless she treated it as such. In the meantime she kicked her legs over the seat in front of her, possibly to its occupant's chagrin.

@dark @Yun Lee @Jeremi

• Bucket of Rainbows
tenor.gif

"Huh… Is that right?"
Gon curiously inquired, tilting his head, "Well, I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm… ah, a little out of the loop, ehehe," the boy sheepishly continued, rubbing the back of his head with a mildly bashful smile when Luigi mentioned how famous his brother Mario seemingly was. His words were essentially putting it mildly; he was, after all, a country bumpkin for all intents and purposes, so if there were any famous people he didn't know about, it was nothing out of the ordinary for the boy. Heck, Gon found himself often forgetting that his best friend was technically "famous" too. If only for being from a family of the deadliest assassins in all the world, but eh, whatever, once again.

When Luigi kept talking, elaborating on a few details concerning this Isle Delfino, Gon nodded, holding his chin in (attempted) thought.

"Hmm… I see."

He didn't.

"Who's Bowser anyway? What does he have against your brother? Is he like a bad guy or something? 'Cause I can beat him up if he shows up again to bother you!" He said with a toothy, almost jarringly innocent and good-natured grin.

Before a response could be made though, Gon followed himself up with another question. "Oh, I forgot to also ask while I'm at it! Do you happen to know how or when I got to this place? I know I'm not really super smart and all, but I figured I'd be able to remember getting on a plane…" He said with pursed lips.

@Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore
"It's okay. You just don't run into many people who don't know my bro nowadays, is all." Luigi said with an awkward grin. Mario was practically a celebrity back in the Mushroom Kingdom, what with his saving of Princess Peach multiple times and all.

When he asked about Bowser and his deal with Mario, Luigi wiped his nose before explaining the situation to him.
"Bowser is this really big turtle guy with some-a really sharp teeth. He can breath fire and has a scary looking spike shell too." Just the thought of the Koopa King caused Luigi to shake in his own shoes. Though, he didn't want to look like a scaredy cat in front of people, especially those he never met! No, he wanted to look strong and fearless, just like Mario!

So, Luigi stood up tall and puffed his chest out and... immediately started tripping up on his own words.
"B-but he's not really that t-t-tough. Me and Mario beat him all the time! Well, sometimes it's just Mario. Or most of of the time." After a moment of awkward silence, and Luigi averting his gaze, he sighed and slumped over. "Okay, pretty much all the time. B-but I did save Mario from a haunted house filled with ghosts! Twice!" Luigi added on at the end, hoping that would be enough to make him look tough to tough in Gon's eyes.

However, when Gon asked if Luigi knew how he ended up here, the plumber shrugged.
"Sorry, I can't help you there. I just randomly woke up on this-a plane myself."

@Verite @Mason Moretti

Reactions: Takumi
Risky Boots and Shantae Prologue: Ret-2-Go

Everything was going just as planned…

7eEILJq.jpg

"You there, disengage the safety lock!" Risky Boots barked, commanding one of her many tinkerbat mooks to attend the colossal contraption she stood at the foot of.​

The Dynamo; the crowning achievement of my career in infamy; was finally built, powered, and prepared!

Not by me, of course. That's what us villains have loyal minions for: doing the gruntwork.

All the mute, pint-sized swashbucklers scrambled about the still beating heart of the long dormant volcano Risky had claimed as her own, finishing up a whole variety of last-minute preparations. "Prime the magic pump!" the pirate queen again shouted.

But alas, some incessant do-gooder always has to come and foil our plans…​

"That's it, men! Close off the choke valve, and fire up the new and improved Dynamo!" she ordered, and looked upon the machine with a wicked grin as it began to whir and stir. Now I can finally take my place as rightful ruler of all Sequin Land! All of the Genie Realm's magic will be mine - all mine! - to command! HO HO HO HO HO!~" Risky exclaimed. Her cackling then joined the growing cacophony of spinning gears, flickering lights, hissing valves, and beeping doodads.

...and that brash half-genie girl could have doomed us both!

As if on some sort of cue, the half-genie hero herself whipped several of her mooks out of the way with her bright purple hair, knocking them out as soon as they made impact with the wall or several barrels made of some indistinguishable rusty metal.

Shantae%20Angry_zps9ijmj85m.png

Once the majority of her men were taken care of (or at least the visible ones), Shantae refocused her attention on Risky Boots. "Risky Boots!" She exclaimed in a serious tone, pointing at the female pirate as she said her name. "I should have known it was you who was behind all this! You're always up to no good." She said, not letting up on the hero act for a second. Risky spun on her heels to face the young heroine, not batting an eye at her injured tinkerbats for a second, nor appearing particularly distressed by Shantae's presence.

"Ah, the dancer with delusions of grandeur," Risky began with a confident smirk, "I'm afraid this is where your happy-go-lucky daydream ends, sweetheart. You're just in time to watch me rip the Genie Realm to shreds! Ho ho ho!~" boasted the lady-pirate with a harsh in-your-face tone.

'Rip the Genie Realm to shreds?!' Shantae thought, though all she could emit was an audible gasp. This certainly wasn't like Risky Boots. She normally wanted to
conquer stuff, not destroy it. "But why!? What could you possibly have to gain from this?" Shantae asked loudly, not being able to keep her voice down due to the tension.

"Power!" Risky barked back in answer, "I'll revert the magical properties of the Genie Realm's scraps into dark magic, and I'll become more powerful than even The Pirate Master himself! All of Sequin Land will grovel beneath my boot heel!" she paused to do another evil laugh, "Not even you will be able to stop me!"

"We'll see about that, Risky Boots!" Shantae said angrily before sprinting towards the feminine pirate. When she was close enough, the half-genie hit Risky with a powerful hair whip, sending her flying back and causing her to crash into her own machine.

Stunned by the sucker punch, and winded by the resulting impact with the Dynamo, Risky took in a gasping breath and blinked before recovering. Upon shaking off the shock, Risky's senses were greeted with an explosion on the far side of the Dynamo, and her eyes immediately snapped towards it to assess the damage it had caused, as well as catching a number of thin tubes and pipes she had bent too far out of place upon colliding with the contraption.

"No...what have you done?!" Risky screamed, her horrified gaze falling on Shantae. The horror swiftly gave way to fury, and the pirate's fists trembled with rage, and she grit her teeth in contempt. Her pure vitriol could be heard in every one of the marching steps she made towards Shantae - the sound of one boot pounding against a metal walkway after the over echoing throughout the volcano, even as it began to rumble, and more explosions overpowered it. Risky reached to draw her pistol. "You annoying little.... y-you.. little..." Before Risky Boots could finish her insult, both her and Shantae had suddenly passed out right next to the now destroyed doomsday device.

Shantae soon awoke to the sound of someone named 'Jack' speaking over the intercom. Once he was finished, Shantae looked around to find Risky Boots herself sound asleep in another seat that was away from her.

Deciding not to cause a commotion until the pirate woke up, Shantae instead turned to Maria, who happened to be beside her.

"Hey! Do you have any idea where we are? I'm Shantae, by the way." The half-genie said with a half smile. Even though she didn't know where she was or the people here, she hoped that she could make some new friends here!

She was gonna need them.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

"-you annoying little brat!" Risky shouted as she violently awoke in her seat, holding her hand out like it was aiming a pistol. But when she flexed her index finger to pull the imaginary trigger, the lady-pirate blinked and stared down at her empty palm in confusion. With panicked haste, Risky patted down her holster, then her sword's sheathe, desperately searching her person for any weapons, but it was fruitless. Looking to her left, past a fat-nosed man in tacky overalls, and a talking Christmas ornament, she peered out the window, then all around the plane's interior. She was impressed, but still quite distressed. Risky moved to take off her hat and rub her temples...but curiously found herself skipping step one. The realization slowly sunk in, and just as Shantae decided to speak, too.

Risky%20Angry_zpswduzwff9.png

"This is all your fault, isn't it?!" Risky burst, jumping out of her seat to spin right around and point the accusing finger at Shantae.

@thatguyinthestore

@Gummi Bunnies

-Maria Ushiromiya Prologue-
"Beyond Your Imagination"

tumblr_mzgdpsLTRb1smegy5o1_500.gif

Sleep peacefully... my beloved Maria...

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

The young girl woke up without much worry at first. All sorts of strange people were with her... on a plane... Talk about Isle Delfino was rambled about from the pilot... She couldn't think on what could be happening, but her mind fell back on one thought.

❝ Uu... uu... magical dream... Uuu... ❞
She remembered about something that her best friend and fellow Witch, Beatrice, told her. Something about a dream and magic up ahead for her. Was this it or was it not? Why would her best friend show her this type of dream? Her young mind couldn't wrap around the concept of it all, and yet she accepted this whole sudden transition onto a plane without her knowing to be a form of magic. If she couldn't find the practical solution to it, she was certain that this was magic at work.

That was when she realized one thing off. She didn't mind the people around her, but...

tumblr_inline_nulyjdRARF1typ8ok_100.png

❝ Uu! Uu! Mama! Mama not here! Uuuu!
Maria started to whine in distress. Not because she was upset that she was alone, but that she expected her mother to be with her... ❝ Mama! Mama isn't here! Uu uu uu!!

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @everybody else

The khan cocked a brow at the mention of a high school. There was some difference in education among his horde? Then again, it didn't matter; each clan educated as it wished and felt was best to survive in the harsh world of Tarkir. "Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, khan of the Mardu Horde, and no, I am not one of these... cosplayers," The matter-of-fact tone to her response perhaps undercut the fact that she admitted both her warrior name and the title which she bore, an almost indifferent, silent shrug at their importance. In such a dangerous situation as this, it might have been unwise to share such information freely...

Yet in the mind of the honor-bound warrior, there was no just reason to lie or refuse to give her name. The young man had given his name, and she would do the same.

"The craftsmen made my armor as it was... yet I lack the blades I once carried as well."

"It seems we've all lost something important to us... my blades as a warrior, your sketchbook as an artist I presume, and the young woman her nametag, the memory with it as well... She's lucky to recall who she truly is," Alesha noted with a curious expression, mulling over that detail. After a moment, she looked to Yusuke with a nod, "They must have been all taken when we were brought here, or at least yours and mine. At first, I believed a shaman to be responsible for this, and it might explain the loss of memory... but it does not explain how such a magician would know of this strange flying contraption."
1klK5kw.png

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Alesha-san. Might I say, your composition is astounding! I've found myself stricken with a sudden bout of inspiration to sketch after viewing you, and yet I am also filled with woe by the absence of my sketchbook," the teen replied, a frown curling at the ends of his lips. Even if she wasn't a cosplayer, she still seemed somewhat interesting. Inspiration seemed to be fleeting for Yusuke these days, so he was rather pleased to suddenly feel it's rush once again.

"You use blades?" he mumbled curiously. "A sword is my weapon of choice, actually. Although, I haven't practiced for quite some time now..." He had only really wielded a sword during his metaverse adventures--which had been over for quite some time now. "Anyhow, if we're all missing something, perhaps we should go on an escapade to locate our possessions and find out more information on our situation?" Yusuke glanced to the call button and decided to give it a press. "Or, at the very least, we could question our flight attendant on these matters. I suppose that would be as good a plan as any."

@The Myrmidon @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee