Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"No, I haven't. I was about to ask you. Last I remember, we were fighting some kind of giant paper Goomba. It's all a little blurry. I'm a little stuck in this seat right now, though. Would you mind pulling me up, Luigi?"
@thatguyinthestore @Verite
"Oh. Y-yeah, sure." Luigi said before standing up and walking over to Starlow, using his gloved hands to help her out of the seat. Luckily, Starlow was only one row in front of him, so he didn't have to walk all the way across the plane to help his friend out.

When he approached them, it appeared that the male who was sitting beside Starlow had recognized Luigi.
"Wait... how do you know my--" Luigi started, a confused expression on his face due to the fact that itwas usually his brother who was recognized. Not even Bowser could remember his name, often referring to Luigi as "Green Stache" or simply "Green Mario." But then he remembered that Starlow had said his name, and that he had an "L" on his hat. "Oh yeah... right." Luigi said, scratching the back of his neck out of embarrassment.

When Gon was finished asking questions, Luigi smiled when he inquired about Mario specifically.
"Oh, Mario is my older brother! He looks like me... well kinda. He's a bit shorter and erm... yknow..l Luigi made a circular motion with his hands around his own stomach, obviously signifying Mario's larger stature. "I'm kinda surprised that you haven't heard of him. He's kinda like a big celebrity." The younger brother stated, not aware that Gon, or anyone here, was from a whole other dimension than his. There were stranger looking people than these guys inside and outside the Mushroom Kingdom after all.

When he was going to answer his Isle Delfino question, Luigi cupped his hand over his chin in thought for a moment before remembering what had happened.
"Oh, and uh... I've never been to Isle Delfino myself... but Mario did go there on vacation a while ago. He... ran into some-a trouble there with Bowser and stuff, but he ended up defeating him like he usually does!" Luigi said, declaring the last part about Mario defeating Bowser with a grin.

@Verite @Mason Moretti

Last edited:
images

The Helghast Mael Radec eyed the woman who stopped at his seat "Yes, I'm a Colonel in the Helghast army."Perhaps you could provide me a bit more...information about this Island... we are going to!"

@Yun Lee

Rita Hanson

Rita awkwardly looked over at the woman and offered a smile. She hoped that it was as good as the one in Puxsutawney. God, that town's sticky buns were delicious. She wasn't sure if she was going to find a better one. She wished she had a watch- but she switched her TV to channel 5. Maybe she could catch the tail end of good weather with Phil Connors.... if it was on. She looked at her seat neighbor but felt awkward introducing herself.

@Yun Lee @Otto @Others

"Coke? I can make that happen. Wait right here." As she left, Ritsuka's TV would show the following movie:

@Minerva

-----------

Ernesti, meanwhile, would see...this:

(WARNING: Video contains explicit language, suggestive imagery, and overall insanity)

@Crow

-------------

"Ooh, a military man! How can I help you today?"

@dark

Ah, so this was like Downton Abbey: The show everybody watched, but nobody wanted to admit to watching. While Ritsuka liked Downton Abbey and frequently watched episodes that were saved to her laptop's hard drive while alone in her room, she wasn't in the mood for it now. Perhaps she could watch something later. Now, she would wait for her Coke.

She switched the tv off, plugged her headphones in, turned on the radio, and stared out the window

Last edited:

Ernesti, meanwhile, would see...this:

(WARNING: Video contains explicit language, suggestive imagery, and overall insanity)

@Crow

"Maybe the other Lucky Number 11 has something," Ernesti ponders with an odd expression as he attempts to switch the channel. "Is this what happened to the old world's entertainment while I was away? That car really saved me back there."

Who was that? What was that? Where were the damn robots? Why was it so flashy? What was with the lyrics? What was a Super Bowl?

Those were questions best buried and never revisited. Ernesti Echevalier was one of the most curious minds, but even he had his unexplored limits.

He wanted to ask the man beside him if this was modern music, but Ernesti Echevalier was merciful to those who were of no threat.

"Excuse me, I'm going to order some food," Ernesti speaks to the man beside him as he presses the red button, "I was wondering if you'd want something to freshen yourself."

@Takumi

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
Rita Hanson

Rita awkwardly looked over at the woman and offered a smile. She hoped that it was as good as the one in Puxsutawney. God, that town's sticky buns were delicious. She wasn't sure if she was going to find a better one. She wished she had a watch- but she switched her TV to channel 5. Maybe she could catch the tail end of good weather with Phil Connors.... if it was on. She looked at her seat neighbor but felt awkward introducing herself.

@Yun Lee @Otto @Others

Col Mael Radec

He eyes Rita for a second and cleared his throat "I suppose you are my seatmate, are you?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Flipping channels would produce no results; it seemed that if you wanted to watch something, you would have to stick to one channel.

--------

The flight attendant nodded. "A pen and sticky bun it is...I'll make sure it's extra sticky," she said with a wink, before turning to Alesha. "You're on a plane, duh. I'd think that'd be obvious..."

As she said this, Alesha would suddenly know what a plane is, and how they worked, as if she'd always known about them. Odd...it was as if that very knowledge was inserted into her mind quite suddenly.

The flight attendant put a hand to her forehead. "Ugh. I feel a headache coming on...unless you have any more painfully obvious questions, I'm needed elsewhere." She slipped over to Ritsuka-by moving herself across Rita and Talon's laps. "Yes?"

@Crow @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Otto @York
Alesha winced as her knowledge expanded suddenly, her understanding of the situation rapidly increasing. Her head ached from the overload but soon settled, the khan sitting back in her seat to process what she had just learned. How the strange craft flew through the sky, soaring from land to land at high speed - not by controlling the draconic beasts, but through the harnessing of fuel and science...

She was no sort of scholarly individual, and in all honesty, the explanation flew over her understanding of anything. All that was proven was that the servant was some sort of shaman capable of playing with minds... a disturbing thought, one only dissuaded by Alesha noticing the strange scrolls that others might call magazines. Perhaps one of them could better explain where they were?

Alesha could only hope as she picked one up and began to try and understand its writing.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

pMkRBRo.png

What is life with an absence of true beauty? To Yusuke, it was nothing. The world was bland and monochrome without beauty to pursue, without its radiant light to capture in his paintings. A sort of life lacking such magnificence was void of meaning, boring, and bland. Lately, that's exactly how life had felt to the young artist, but he couldn't exactly figure out why that was.

Perhaps he felt blah due to the fact his good friend and leader of the Phantom Thieves, Akira Kurusu, had moved back home after his probation had ended. For quite some time now Akira had been a muse of inspiration for Yusuke, always supporting him and inspiring him with ideas for his art. With him gone, perhaps that was why he struggled to paint as of late?

Or, perhaps he felt a bit abnormal due to the fact that the Phantom Thieves had disbanded. Things just weren't quite the same now that he wasn't always busying himself with Mementos or Metaverse adventures, meeting up at the Phantom Thieves' hideout, and thinking long and hard over the many obstacles that their group had encountered frequently during the life of a thief.

There was always the chance that his artist's block had nothing to do at all with Akira or the other Phantom thieves, but something else entirely--something he hadn't recognized quite yet. He had traversed so many changes lately that it was just too hard to pinpoint the issue.

And yet, little did the male know that he was about to undergo another unique change in his life, a change that would cause him to be dragged into yet another new life adventure.

---

The student awoke to his new surroundings, rubbing his head and sitting up as straight as he could. He glanced around to try and discern where he was, finding himself rather confused and somewhat bothered by this place. He wasn't uncomfortable with the plane, no, he had flown on one once before when he had gone on his school trip. What bothered him was... how exactly had he gotten here?

38Vi5MV.png

"Now, this is rather odd," he said to himself, continuing to look around the area. "Let's see... the last thing I remember is..." He trailed off for a moment, mulling over any details he could remember. "I do believe I was at school. I was cleaning my brushes, just about ready to head back to the dorms when--" He paused, letting out a sigh. "I don't remember anything else. How bizarre..."

Sure, it was bizarre, but Yusuke was rather used to seeing strange things so he was pretty calm about all this. Heck, even before joining the Phantom Thieves he had been rather accepting of weird things. That's just the kind of person he was.

Before saying anything else, Yusuke noticed a female warrior who had questioned him about where they were at.

4Ac7cJM.png

"No, I don't know where we're at. Are you saying that you are confused as to where we are as well?" he asked, now even more confused, but somewhat relieved. At least he wasn't the only one who didn't understand what was going on.

@The Myrmidon @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee

Rita would find a paid advertising:

(WARNING: explicit language)

@LuckycoolHawk9

---------------

Ernesti would find...uh...

@Crow

--------------

The flight attendant snorted. "There's an introductory video the pilot will be showing you all...when he's done being a useless tool, that is. Anything else before I move on to the twerp?"

@dark

--------------

Alesha would find a lifestyle magazine, with a page folded at the corner as if to keep it saved on that spot. Going to that page would reveal this article:

Screenshot_20170905-102452.png

@The Myrmidon

@LuckycoolHawk9

---------------

@Crow

--------------

The flight attendant snorted. "There's an introductory video the pilot will be showing you all...when he's done being a useless tool, that is. Anything else before I move on to the twerp?"

@dark

--------------

Alesha would find a lifestyle magazine, with a page folded at the corner as if to keep it saved on that spot. Going to that page would reveal this article:

View attachment 144879

@The Myrmidon
Shantae, seeing the people fiddle with the channels, grew interested and put it on channel 13.

@Yun Lee

wVmPdMx.jpg

"I guess it was my shouting that woke you up, huh? Humblest apologies..." Ernesti apologises for his screeching. "It's just that I realised that my mech Ikaruga and my weapons were gone, losing things you hold dear is a very scary thought."

Ernesti relaxes on the recliner, switching the channels on the television until it changes to something that catches his fancy.

"I was just asking how you got here. I myself have no clue as to how I got here."

@Takumi

"I was getting a call for a job, when I suddenly fell asleep and woke up here. It's weird, like I've been through somtething similar..just on a bus." Yato replied with a shrug. Something felt off though.

"Maybe the other Lucky Number 11 has something," Ernesti ponders with an odd expression as he attempts to switch the channel. "Is this what happened to the old world's entertainment while I was away? That car really saved me back there."

Who was that? What was that? Where were the damn robots? Why was it so flashy? What was with the lyrics? What was a Super Bowl?

Those were questions best buried and never revisited. Ernesti Echevalier was one of the most curious minds, but even he had his unexplored limits.

He wanted to ask the man beside him if this was modern music, but Ernesti Echevalier was merciful to those who were of no threat.

"Excuse me, I'm going to order some food," Ernesti speaks to the man beside him as he presses the red button, "I was wondering if you'd want something to freshen yourself."

@Takumi

@Yun Lee

"..."

The poor children of today who could never see the world the same ever again. Like the child sitting next to him.

tumblr_inline_n033mvXjgz1ru8mr6.jpg

"Enough alcohol to render me unconscious after witnessing that will do." he blinked. He had glanced at Ernesti's tv at the wrong time, and although he was joking, the God of Calamity was still rather stunned by the music video, and not in a good way.

@Crow

Last edited:
Ritsuka's radio would play something rather...disturbing.

@Minerva

------------

Shantae would find her channel to play the following:

(WARNING: violence)

A teenage girl in the middle row yawned, looking around. "Hmm...an airline? Perhaps this has to do with...oh!" She put her hand to her chest, only to find thst whatever she was looking for wasn't there. "Oh dear...excuse me!" Looking to the people near her, the girl smiled politely.

yumeko-jabami-108794.jpg

"Have any of you seen a nametag lying around somewhere? It's very important that I find it!"
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Myrmidon @CrunchyCHEEZIT

@LuckycoolHawk9

---------------

@Crow

--------------

@dark

--------------

View attachment 144879

@The Myrmidon

At that moment, looking at the scroll's strange pictures of identically dressed men and some discussion about a place known as Las Vegas that didn't match what the pilot had spoken of, Alesha knew she had made a mistake and would not find any answers there.

pMkRBRo.png

What is life with an absence of true beauty? To Yusuke, it was nothing. The world was bland and monochrome without beauty to pursue, without its radiant light to capture in his paintings. A sort of life lacking such magnificence was void of meaning, boring, and bland. Lately, that's exactly how life had felt to the young artist, but he couldn't exactly figure out why that was.

Perhaps he felt blah due to the fact his good friend and leader of the Phantom Thieves, Akira Kurusu, had moved back home after his probation had ended. For quite some time now Akira had been a muse of inspiration for Yusuke, always supporting him and inspiring him with ideas for his art. With him gone, perhaps that was why he struggled to paint as of late?

Or, perhaps he felt a bit abnormal due to the fact that the Phantom Thieves had disbanded. Things just weren't quite the same now that he wasn't always busying himself with Mementos or Metaverse adventures, meeting up at the Phantom Thieves' hideout, and thinking long and hard over the many obstacles that their group had encountered frequently during the life of a thief.

There was always the chance that his artist's block had nothing to do at all with Akira or the other Phantom thieves, but something else entirely--something he hadn't recognized quite yet. He had traversed so many changes lately that it was just too hard to pinpoint the issue.

And yet, little did the male know that he was about to undergo another unique change in his life, a change that would cause him to be dragged into yet another new life adventure.

---

The student awoke to his new surroundings, rubbing his head and sitting up as straight as he could. He glanced around to try and discern where he was, finding himself rather confused and somewhat bothered by this place. He wasn't uncomfortable with the plane, no, he had flown on one once before when he had gone on his school trip. What bothered him was... how exactly had he gotten here?

38Vi5MV.png

"Now, this is rather odd," he said to himself, continuing to look around the area. "Let's see... the last thing I remember is..." He trailed off for a moment, mulling over any details he could remember. "I do believe I was at school. I was cleaning my brushes, just about ready to head back to the dorms when--" He paused, letting out a sigh. "I don't remember anything else. How bizarre..."

Sure, it was bizarre, but Yusuke was rather used to seeing strange things so he was pretty calm about all this. Heck, even before joining the Phantom Thieves he had been rather accepting of weird things. That's just the kind of person he was.

Before saying anything else, Yusuke noticed a female warrior who had questioned him about where they were at.

4Ac7cJM.png

"No, I don't know where we're at. Are you saying that you are confused as to where we are as well?" he asked, now even more confused, but somewhat relieved. At least he wasn't the only one who didn't understand what was going on.

@The Myrmidon @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee

"Quite. I recall going to my tent to rest after a long day of hunting with my fellow warriors," The khan answered with a scowl as she put aside the magazine. Focusing on the young man next to her, she shook her head, "I can only guess one of the dragon-worshiping shamans sent me to this place as some form of revenge for killing its masters... but you do not appear to be from where I am from. You mentioned a school and brushes of some sort?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee

A teenage girl in the middle row yawned, looking around. "Hmm...an airline? Perhaps this has to do with...oh!" She put her hand to her chest, only to find thst whatever she was looking for wasn't there. "Oh dear...excuse me!" Looking to the people near her, the girl smiled politely.

yumeko-jabami-108794.jpg

"Have any of you seen a nametag lying around somewhere? It's very important that I find it!"
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Myrmidon @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"No, but I can help search for it... what is your name then?"

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT

@Minerva

------------

Well, uh...

Ritsuka would skip the song.

@Minerva

------------

Not seeming too phased by the imagery in the animation, Shantae instead found herself smiling and bopping her head back in forth in sync with the melody to the song.

When it was over, Shantae heard that someone had lost a nametag! Well, her niceness wasn't just limited to Scuttle Town! So, the half-genie immediately rose her hand when the flight attendant said that she had lost her nametag.

"I'd be glad to help you find it, Miss!" Shantae said, seeming even happier when Alesha offered to help. It was nice that there were other kind souls on this flight too!

@Yun Lee @The Myrmidon

@LuckycoolHawk9

---------------

@Crow

--------------

@dark

--------------

View attachment 144879

@The Myrmidon

"I was getting a call for a job, when I suddenly fell asleep and woke up here. It's weird, like I've been through somtething similar..just on a bus." Yato replied with a shrug. Something felt off though.

"..."

The poor children of today who could never see the world the same ever again. Like the child sitting next to him.

tumblr_inline_n033mvXjgz1ru8mr6.jpg

"Enough alcohol to render me unconscious after witnessing that will do." he blinked. He had glanced at Ernesti's tv at the wrong time, and although he was joking, the God of Calamity was still rather stunned.

@Crow

"Aeroplane, Mister, Aeroplane," Ernesti corrects Yato, "we're high up in the air. No altitude I'm not used to."

Ernesti then looks back at his screen in sheer shock.

7buthdw.jpg

"Is that game footage? That's game footage, isn't it? It sort of looks like my kind of game - Scifi and all - but those graphics, those graphics... they're so... where's the heart? Where's the heart in this creation? Is this what happened to gaming after my sixteen years of absence? What caused this devolution? The music, this game... is humanity in the old world devolving?"

Ernesti turned to Yato. "My bad, my bad. Ah, I realise that I haven't quite introduced myself. My name is Ernesti Echevalier, Commander of the Order of the Silver Phoenix, but I guess that last part won't really come into play here."

Meanwhile, he decided to try one more channel - 9.

@Takumi @Yun Lee

Risky Boots and Shantae Prologue: Ret-2-Go

Everything was going just as planned…

7eEILJq.jpg

"You there, disengage the safety lock!" Risky Boots barked, commanding one of her many tinkerbat mooks to attend the colossal contraption she stood at the foot of.​

The Dynamo; the crowning achievement of my career in infamy; was finally built, powered, and prepared!

Not by me, of course. That's what us villains have loyal minions for: doing the gruntwork.

All the mute, pint-sized swashbucklers scrambled about the still beating heart of the long dormant volcano Risky had claimed as her own, finishing up a whole variety of last-minute preparations. "Prime the magic pump!" the pirate queen again shouted.

But alas, some incessant do-gooder always has to come and foil our plans…​

"That's it, men! Close off the choke valve, and fire up the new and improved Dynamo!" she ordered, and looked upon the machine with a wicked grin as it began to whir and stir. Now I can finally take my place as rightful ruler of all Sequin Land! All of the Genie Realm's magic will be mine - all mine! - to command! HO HO HO HO HO!~" Risky exclaimed. Her cackling then joined the growing cacophony of spinning gears, flickering lights, hissing valves, and beeping doodads.

...and that brash half-genie girl could have doomed us both!

As if on some sort of cue, the half-genie hero herself whipped several of her mooks out of the way with her bright purple hair, knocking them out as soon as they made impact with the wall or several barrels made of some indistinguishable rusty metal.

Shantae%20Angry_zps9ijmj85m.png

Once the majority of her men were taken care of (or at least the visible ones), Shantae refocused her attention on Risky Boots. "Risky Boots!" She exclaimed in a serious tone, pointing at the female pirate as she said her name. "I should have known it was you who was behind all this! You're always up to no good." She said, not letting up on the hero act for a second. Risky spun on her heels to face the young heroine, not batting an eye at her injured tinkerbats for a second, nor appearing particularly distressed by Shantae's presence.

"Ah, the dancer with delusions of grandeur," Risky began with a confident smirk, "I'm afraid this is where your happy-go-lucky daydream ends, sweetheart. You're just in time to watch me rip the Genie Realm to shreds! Ho ho ho!~" boasted the lady-pirate with a harsh in-your-face tone.

'Rip the Genie Realm to shreds?!' Shantae thought, though all she could emit was an audible gasp. This certainly wasn't like Risky Boots. She normally wanted to
conquer stuff, not destroy it. "But why!? What could you possibly have to gain from this?" Shantae asked loudly, not being able to keep her voice down due to the tension.

"Power!" Risky barked back in answer, "I'll revert the magical properties of the Genie Realm's scraps into dark magic, and I'll become more powerful than even The Pirate Master himself! All of Sequin Land will grovel beneath my boot heel!" she paused to do another evil laugh, "Not even you will be able to stop me!"

"We'll see about that, Risky Boots!" Shantae said angrily before sprinting towards the feminine pirate. When she was close enough, the half-genie hit Risky with a powerful hair whip, sending her flying back and causing her to crash into her own machine.

Stunned by the sucker punch, and winded by the resulting impact with the Dynamo, Risky took in a gasping breath and blinked before recovering. Upon shaking off the shock, Risky's senses were greeted with an explosion on the far side of the Dynamo, and her eyes immediately snapped towards it to assess the damage it had caused, as well as catching a number of thin tubes and pipes she had bent too far out of place upon colliding with the contraption.

"No...what have you done?!" Risky screamed, her horrified gaze falling on Shantae. The horror swiftly gave way to fury, and the pirate's fists trembled with rage, and she grit her teeth in contempt. Her pure vitriol could be heard in every one of the marching steps she made towards Shantae - the sound of one boot pounding against a metal walkway after the over echoing throughout the volcano, even as it began to rumble, and more explosions overpowered it. Risky reached to draw her pistol. "You annoying little.... y-you.. little..." Before Risky Boots could finish her insult, both her and Shantae had suddenly passed out right next to the now destroyed doomsday device.

Shantae soon awoke to the sound of someone named 'Jack' speaking over the intercom. Once he was finished, Shantae looked around to find Risky Boots herself sound asleep in another seat that was away from her.

Deciding not to cause a commotion until the pirate woke up, Shantae instead turned to Maria, who happened to be beside her.

"Hey! Do you have any idea where we are? I'm Shantae, by the way." The half-genie said with a half smile. Even though she didn't know where she was or the people here, she hoped that she could make some new friends here!

She was gonna need them.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

"-you annoying little brat!" Risky shouted as she violently awoke in her seat, holding her hand out like it was aiming a pistol. But when she flexed her index finger to pull the imaginary trigger, the lady-pirate blinked and stared down at her empty palm in confusion. With panicked haste, Risky patted down her holster, then her sword's sheathe, desperately searching her person for any weapons, but it was fruitless. Looking to her left, past a fat-nosed man in tacky overalls, and a talking Christmas ornament, she peered out the window, then all around the plane's interior. She was impressed, but still quite distressed. Risky moved to take off her hat and rub her temples...but curiously found herself skipping step one. The realization slowly sunk in, and just as Shantae decided to speak, too.

Risky%20Angry_zpswduzwff9.png

"This is all your fault, isn't it?!" Risky burst, jumping out of her seat to spin right around and point the accusing finger at Shantae.

@thatguyinthestore

@Gummi Bunnies

NUye2Vr.png

"It seems that I've found myself misplaced!"
Boomed a voice from seat H1. The Doctor had been inside the TARDIS after a little stop in Gallifrey dealing with a deadly assassin the Doctor had headed off on new adventures by himself.

His current situation couldn't be called anything else! No TARDIS, no sonic screwdriver, waking up on a mystery airplane among others. Just what the doctor ordered!

pkvkdgp.png

"As far as mystery aircraft's are concerned I'd give this a solid eight and a half!" The Doctor picked up the magazine to give it a look over, perhaps he could find a date that could help him navigate. As he did that he also pressed the red button to get the flight attendants attention.​

@Kentucky @Yun Lee