Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Well, that all depends, short stuff." I-No responded to Gon, but her gaze was fixated on Risky. "Maybe if the lavender landlubber here were to, oh, I don't know...apologize for her little comments earlier, I'd be much more inclined to help you all."

@Verite @Archmage Jeremiah
Shantae had been mostly quiet since they were arrested and thrown in this rather large cell. Not because she was scared or anything, but mainly because she didn't really have anything to say. She didn't want to talk to Bowser, who may have been rude but at least he wasn't throwing punches or drinking alcohol like some people were earlier. Risky seemed to be behaving herself too (for the most part at least.)

Though, when their "lawyer" said she would only help them out if Risky apologized, Shantae looked to the pirate and muttered under her breath, "Just get it over with and apologize."

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Verite

• Useful
Reactions: Archmage Jeremiah
Thanks to the help of the group, the goop and the creatures were cleaned up rather quickly. "Whew! Thanks a bundle!" The Piantas around were very happy to have that all clean. "Man, that Luigi...what a meanie he is! And that creepy monster too...this is worse than last time!"

"Well...I'm glad we could clean that mess up," Yumeko said, though she didn't really sound very happy. She looked to the Piantas. "Do you think you could help us get home? My friend too...she died in the plane crash, and her body…"

"Of course! We can get the police here right away!"

"Not to worry...I've already brought them."

From the gate came two Piantas in police uniforms, accompanied by a young woman, who apparently had been the one to speak. She smiled at everyone, yet there was definitely something peculiar about her smile...as if there were something she knew that you didn't.

"...!" Yumeko froze upon seeing the woman, a look of bewilderment on her face. Perhaps she jogged her memory a little bit?

The woman didn't seem to pay Yumeko much mind at the moment.
8161bbd399db33336e3f6c748e44a9ce6eaab98b4ab10182596437850424994e_thumb.jpeg

"I was in the gateway when I heard there was a crash, and criminals ravaging the Delfino Airstrip," she said. "Naturally, I alerted the police."

One of the officers nodded. "Oh yes, we need to take care of these troublemakers right away!"

"Huh? But they vanished..." Yumeko quickly turned her attention to the police officers. "Can you please help us? My friend Mary, in the plane, she-oh!"
View attachment 144992
Yumeko stopped as she was suddenly put in handcuffs. "What are you doing?"

The police officers began putting handcuffs on the rest of the group. "You're all under arrest!"

"Wh-What? Why?! We've been kidnapped and through a plane crash!"

"A likely story! You can try pulling that cute highschooler act on the judge all you want, but it won't fool us, you band of rogues!" You would find yourself handcuffed, and tased if you tried to resist. Starlow would have a rope tied around her, since she didn't have hands. Either way, everyone would be ushered off into a ferry and herded off to the main island. There isn't much ceremony as all of you are brought into a jail cell, with someone already in there.
Profile_Bowser.aead314d435d8e52d9a4e92a6f799c4eee08081e.jpg

"Oh look who it is. The friggin pigs." The large hulking beast said with a snarl before standing up and balling up his fists. "You come t'let me outta here? Or do you want me to give you a grade A pummeling and make you let me out?" Bowser asked, not paying too much mind to his new cell mates.

"Quiet, you!" The officer looks at you all. "We'll come pick you all up tonight for your trial. In the meantime, you can talk to your cellmate if you want company. We tend to avoid conversing with criminals. But if you try to cause a ruckus…" The officer pulled out his taser to make a point. "You can also request for your lawyer, but, uh…" He exchanged a nervous glance at his coworker. "...listen, just confess to being guilty. Please."

Looks like you don't have many options. You can request your attorney, or chat with this cellmate of yours. Yumeko sits by the wall, silent.
View attachment 144991
"........"
Talon's eyes widened, and he soon had an expression of deep disappointment when the police showed up.

"You're kidding me."

Talon was used to being pursued by law enforcement, but this occasion was different. His blades were gone, his powers were gone, and he was cornered. All three of those things have never happened at the same time before. It made sense that he started freaking out.

"Get the hell away from-!"

He suddenly felt electricity flow through his body, and the next thing he knew, he was in cuffs and hauled off to a prison cell.
The guards exchanged looks, then sighed. "...okay." One left, then brought the lawyer in. In a sexy attorney outfit, it was none other than...

"My, my. Looks like you all got a bit naughty~"
I-No smiled. "Why, I want what any good lawyer wants, darling: to get my clients free! But with such a rude bunch like you...you may all be facing a few years in the slammer." She clicked her tongue, shaking her head mournfully. "Oh well...what can you expect from a-what was it-oh! Right. 'A walking talking striptease'."
"You want to free us, yet you're the one who is responsible for us being here in the first place..." Talon said, crossing his arms.

"Well, that all depends, short stuff." I-No responded to Gon, but her gaze was fixated on Risky. "Maybe if the lavender landlubber here were to, oh, I don't know...apologize for her little comments earlier, I'd be much more inclined to help you all."

Talon smirked and raised his voice.

"You want her to apologize?! Are you really that pathetic? Just as I thought, mages are nothing but a bunch of thin-skinned cowards."

He knew that he was only making their situation worse, but he didn't care. He would insult a disappointing opponent for as long as he was alive.

@Verite @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @anyone

Last edited:
"Hey! No one will be going after Miss Momobami! She's a wonderful young woman who has aided tourism and infrastructure a ton! If a girl like her thinks you're all criminals, then chances are she's totally right!" The officer shot Ernesti a stern glare. "Don't even think about staging a jailbreak, kid! Or else we'll have to put you in solitary!"

"But we don't have solitary confinement..."

"Shh! I'll just put him in the broom closet!"

@thatguyinthestore @Crow
"I see. Money is the power of this place - an island paradise hiding a corrupt leadership that cares only for prosperity and not honor," Alesha called through the bars at the guards, still appearing rather bored with the situation, "So anyone she says is a criminal is such until proven innocent? What if she named the two of you criminals? What about your loved ones? Would you allow her word to outweigh your bonds to your clan?"

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow

"No. You are no king of mine, and I will not bend the knee to a lizard, whether it be one that soars through the sky or one that languishes in a prison cell, proclaiming hollow and past glory."

Harsh and curt, Alesha cut back at the koopa without a moment's hesitation, uncaring if she sparked his anger again. Not an ounce of respect remained in her mind for the behemoth.
Well, if Alesha was aiming to simply piss Bowser off, she sure was doing a good job at it.

"Grrrr.... SHUTUP RIGHT NOW BEFORE I POUND YOUR FACE IN!!!!"
Bowser shouted as loud as he could, earning a small yip from Luigi.

"O-okay Alesha. You've-a proven your point." Luigi said, trembling with fear as he spoke. He'd seen Bowser get riled up like this before, and it usually ended with him tackling said person and beating them to a pulp. And Luigi really didn't want that to happen.

Bowser was so riled up that he didn't even hear the prison break comment.

@Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Crow @peeps

@Verite @Archmage Jeremiah

Risky couldn't help but blink and stare at the petty woman, flabbergasted, and the slightest bit slack-jawed too. Placing her weight back onto her heels and toes, the pirate stood up straighter before I-No.

fx_cine_risky_pose_1.png

"I apologize for, and void all remarks made at your expense. I mistook you for a common diva desperate for attention with little more than a natural talent for magic, and didn't expect for a second that you had the stones, or ability to scuttle a plane filled to the brim with passengers. I've come to realize committing such a heinous act took great cruelty, and confidence in your villainous craft. I both respect and fear that - unequally, of course," Risky apologized at length, not skipping a single beat while swallowing the bitter pill.

@Yun Lee

@thatguyinthestore @Otto @Verite @Khan of the Mardu

I-No put a hand to her chest, a look of mock innocence on her face. "Me? Responsible for you being here? Why, I was only trying to be the best flight attendant I could be! You're the one who tried to punch me in the face! I should be suing you for assault, you thick-headed brute!"

@Otto

----------------

The officer shook his, uh, head. "Well, normally, no. However, Miss Momobami has solid evidence against you all! And she's not corrupt whatsoever-that money goes towards charities and beautification work!"
PicsArt_09-06-11.16.08.jpg
"Maybe this Kirari is a nice person after all..."

@Khan of the Mardu

tumblr_of3xbi_RMFy1uti1rro5_250.png

"An apology, huh... So she's the only reason why we're even here? That doesn't make much sense, she doesn't even really have anything to do with me, but if that's all, I'm sure we could easily straighten this all out peacefully and--"
"You want her to apologize?! Are you really that pathetic? Just as I thought, mages are nothing but a bunch of thin-skinned cowards."
"I apologize for, and void all remarks made at your expense. I mistook you for a common diva desperate for attention with little more than a natural talent for magic, and didn't expect for a second that you had the stones, or ability to scuttle a plane filled to the brim with passengers. I've come to realize committing such a heinous act took great cruelty, and confidence in your villainous craft. I both respect and fear that - unequally, of course."
tumblr_ofda3a_Fj_Id1sig265o2_250.png

Well.

That took care of that.

Right?​
The officer shook his, uh, head. "Well, normally, no. However, Miss Momobami has solid evidence against you all! And she's not corrupt whatsoever-that money goes towards charities and beautification work!"

View attachment 145003

@Khan of the Mardu
070.png

"I wonder..." Gon pursed his lips as he raised an eyebrow, speaking in response to Yumeko as he held his chin, "She can't be that good if she made "solid evidence" against us," the boy said, inadvertently suggesting the possibility that the evidence against them all was forged. Sidenote, admittedly the irony of corruption not having to do with money flew over Gon's head, as he had gone past petty things such as monetary needs after getting his Hunter License for one, but something did sound off with that statement.

For now, it seemed that if there was one thing everyone here, including Bowser, had in common, it was that this "Kirari" person had landed them here (wrongfully or not was beside the point in Bowser's case). He didn't have much to say when Bowser fantasized giving her a good beatdown, if only because the question of "does she deserve it" was something Gon was going to wait until he got more info on the matter before confronting. But for now, considering where he was now...

"I dunno about everyone else, but I've never even been to this island before, so I couldn't have done anything wrong! Something's really off here, I think."

@Yun Lee @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Others

Well, if Alesha was aiming to simply piss Bowser off, she sure was doing a good job at it.

"O-okay Alesha. You've-a proven your point." Luigi said, trembling with fear as he spoke. He'd seen Bowser get riled up like this before, and it usually ended with him tackling said person and beating them to a pulp. And Luigi really didn't want that to happen.

I-No put a hand to her chest, a look of mock innocence on her face. "Me? Responsible for you being here? Why, I was only trying to be the best flight attendant I could be! You're the one who tried to punch me in the face! I should be suing you for assault, you thick-headed brute!"

@Otto

----------------

View attachment 145003

@Khan of the Mardu
Without missing a beat after Luigi finished his cautionary warning, the khan ignored it to turn her head towards Bowser once again. A set of glaring eyes that promised suffering burned a hole into the koopa's head, right between his own eyes as she spoke, "I skewered a dragon's brains with a spear to become a warrior of my clan three years ago at the age of sixteen, and since I took my grandmother's name as my own, I have never backed down from a fight. Believe these words I speak; I will have no mercy if you aim to clash with me, and I will continue to speak without a single ounce of remorse afterwards."

She allowed a moment to pass to let those words sink into the king's head, then turned back to the guards, "And will we be given any chance to bring our witnesses to the trial? I recall several of your people who watched the battle take place who can attest to us fighting off a murderous stag-like beast. As for her charitable works... the public face we show to the world is often a means to shroud our true behavior and thoughts. Perhaps you ought to wonder why she's taken such an interest in this island..."

tumblr_of3xbi_RMFy1uti1rro5_250.png

"An apology, huh... So she's the only reason why we're even here? That doesn't make much sense, she doesn't even really have anything to do with me, but if that's all, I'm sure we could easily straighten this all out peacefully and--"

tumblr_ofda3a_Fj_Id1sig265o2_250.png

Well.

That took care of that.

Right?​

070.png

"I wonder..." Gon pursed his lips as he raised an eyebrow, speaking in response to Yumeko as he held his chin, "She can't be that good if she made "solid evidence" against us," the boy said, inadvertently suggesting the possibility that the evidence against them all was forged. Sidenote, admittedly the irony of corruption not having to do with money flew over Gon's head, as he had gone past petty things such as monetary needs after getting his Hunter License for one, but something did sound off with that statement.

For now, it seemed that if there was one thing everyone here, including Bowser, had in common, it was that this "Kirari" person had landed them here (wrongfully or not was beside the point in Bowser's case). He didn't have much to say when Bowser fantasized giving her a good beatdown, if only because the question of "does she deserve it" was something Gon was going to wait until he got more info on the matter before confronting. But for now, considering where he was now...

"I dunno about everyone else, but I've never even been to this island before, so I couldn't have done anything wrong! Something's really off here, I think."

@Yun Lee @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Others

"Agreed. It seems rather strange she's been able to claim another's home and have that person arrested, let alone an entire group of plane crash survivors."

Talon saw right through her guise.

"Oh please... drop the act already. You captured us somehow, probably using your filthy witchcraft, then you crashed the plane you forced us all into, and because of that, we're in a prison cell, stranded on a remote island. Some attendant you are..."

He sighed. He really did not like explaining things. He would rather cut to the chase and kill her... but that wasn't an option at the moment.

He smiled before saying arrogantly, "Assaulting one's captor isn't a crime."

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
Risky couldn't help but blink and stare at the petty woman, flabbergasted, and the slightest bit slack-jawed too. Placing her weight back onto her heels and toes, the pirate stood up straighter before I-No.

View attachment 145002

"I apologize for, and void all remarks made at your expense. I mistook you for a common diva desperate for attention with little more than a natural talent for magic, and didn't expect for a second that you had the stones, or ability to scuttle a plane filled to the brim with passengers. I've come to realize committing such a heinous act took great cruelty, and confidence in your villainous craft. I both respect and fear that - unequally, of course," Risky apologized at length, not skipping a single beat while swallowing the bitter pill.

@Yun Lee

@thatguyinthestore @Otto @Verite @Khan of the Mardu
Shantae was... pleasantly surprised when Risky Boots apologized. She never thought that she'd ever seen that from her mortal enemy, whether she was faking or not.

So once Risky was through apologizing, the half-genie approached the pirate and smiled, though it was also sort of a smirk as well.

"Wow Risky, I never thought I'd see you apologize. Have you finally had a change of heart?"
Shantae asked in a blatantly sarcastic yet playful tone.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Otto @Verite @whoever

"Hey! No one will be going after Miss Momobami! She's a wonderful young woman who has aided tourism and infrastructure a ton! If a girl like her thinks you're all criminals, then chances are she's totally right!" The officer shot Ernesti a stern glare. "Don't even think about staging a jailbreak, kid! Or else we'll have to put you in solitary!"

"But we don't have solitary confinement..."

"Shh! I'll just put him in the broom closet!"

@thatguyinthestore @Crow

Without missing a beat after Luigi finished his cautionary warning, the khan ignored it to turn her head towards Bowser once again. A set of glaring eyes that promised suffering burned a hole into the koopa's head, right between his own eyes as she spoke, "I skewered a dragon's brains with a spear to become a warrior of my clan three years ago at the age of sixteen, and since I took my grandmother's name as my own, I have never backed down from a fight. Believe these words I speak; I will have no mercy if you aim to clash with me, and I will continue to speak without a single ounce of remorse afterwards."

She allowed a moment to pass to let those words sink into the king's head, then turned back to the guards, "And will we be given any chance to bring our witnesses to the trial? I recall several of your people who watched the battle take place who can attest to us fighting off a murderous stag-like beast. As for her charitable works... the public face we show to the world is often a means to shroud our true behavior and thoughts. Perhaps you ought to wonder why she's taken such an interest in this island..."

"Agreed. It seems rather strange she's been able to claim another's home and have that person arrested, let alone an entire group of plane crash survivors."

Ernesti Echevalier felt that now was not a good time to reason with the cops. If something was fishy to this point, asking them would be far from a great idea.

"I was just asking!"

And back to Bowser.

Bowser getting angry, aggresive like an aggravated Demon Beast, ready to-

- wait a second, that was it!

"I think she has more to say, Luigi," Ernesti responds, "it's not too good an idea to bottle it all up, Alesha."

Ernesti winks at Luigi.

"I'd say the same to you, King Bowser. I know a few people who can't focus if they keep all their pent up rage inside themselves. Let it all out so that you can let more in later."

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Otto

"Well let's see...." Bowser said as he began to list his off his so-called "achievements" on his fingers. "I have a super awesome and strong army, all of which fear and respect me. I have an even more awesome castle with cool looking lava all in it, plus spikes and fireballs and a bunch of other cool stuff that you don't have. I also got a clown car that shoots fire, plus I can shoot fire outta my own friggin mouth: another thing that you losers can't do. Plus, I got a super hot girlfriend that's also the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom!" Bowser said, smirking as he crossed his arms, as if he had just proved some kind of point.

That is, he was smirking until Luigi spoke up again.
"Uhh... Princess Peach isn't your girlfriend, Bowser." Luigi said, causing Bowser to clench his fists and grit his teeth in anger.

"She is too, Green Stache!! Yer just jealous cause you ain't got one!!!" Bowser yelled, his booming voice so loud that it could even heard by even the guards outside of their cell.

Bowser blinked in response, not being able to comprehend what Echevalier had said.

"Uh....what?"

"She-a wants to know how you got here." Luigi said, earning a scoff from Bowser.

"I knew that. I was just... thinkin' of an answer, is all." Bowser said, although it was obvious by his tone that he was lying. "Well I came here cause I got a sweet volcano base called Corona Mountain here. Real nice vacation spot. Heckuva lot better than them cheap hotels they got here." Leaning back into the wall and propping his feet up on the bed, Bowser continued.

"But when I got here, turned out that some chump named Kirari Momobami took the place over. Next thing I know, I'm thrown in jail by them Pianta losers cause'a somethin' that happened like... a few years ago I think." Bowser said, sounding annoyed as he spoke.

Bowser's story piqued Luigi's interest, to say the least.
"Wait... wasn't that when Mario was here?" Luigi asked, earning a loud sigh from Bowser.

"Yes, idiot, that was when your stupid brother was here." The Koopa replied with an eye roll.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kentucky @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @whoever

The Doctor had been unceremoniously quiet as the fight had broken out against the very rude creature. And then that other Luigi showed up, that was something as well.

A cell wasn't anything new for the Doctor either. So he did what anyone in a jail cell would do.

mIP5nFr.png

Lay down and take a nap. "Sounds like justice has been skewed on the island!" He responded to Bowers from under his hat. "Perhaps a good nights rest will put some perspective on it, eh? Bowser was it? Or do you prefer King Koopa?"

[Yamashiro: Incarcerated]

Yamashiro was confused by the restraint and imprisonment; judging by what she could tell from the others, she was not the only one who was not completely aware of why this was happening. She tried imagining what she might do if she had all her capabilities at this time; it would be difficult, even with her arsenal, to get out of the restraints.

She then turned her thoughts towards the present situation. From what she could understand, they were all suspected of wrongdoing. She looked around at the others; could one of them have been guilty of killing Mary?

"This is very... unfortunate."

She felt like she should talk to one of them, or some of them, but not the killer. Yamashiro didn't feel like she had the nerve to speak to the killer... it would be like talking to an Abyssmal, to her, and she would never do that. For now, she kept listening to the others, and stood alertly and nervously as she awaited what would come next.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kentucky @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore

Rita Hanson

Seeing as she had a chance to get a FLUDD, the woman took one of the strange machines. Who knew how helpful it would be? She played with the setting and accidently sprayed water Tony's way and probably onto his suit. She didn't notice that she had done that and went to try to use the new machine on the goop, seeing if it would help.

@Yun Lee @Cromartie Sarkissian
Peter looked at the swirling... gray man with the paintbrush that had saved the monster. Peter blinked, staring out as the Shadow Luigi disappeared after tossing his goop everywhere. The creature followed suit, and Peter stared out in the distance. After a moment of that, he glanced back at the others, looking for any sign that another person understood what was going on.

maxresdefault.jpg

"What the fuck was that?!"

He paused looking at the pile of paint strewn about the runway now. "Like, I, I'm genuinely confused now. Wha... I... nevermind, actually. I have better things to do."

Spider-Man began to step around the goo, headed for a for a certain suited man still by the plane crash. "Excuse me! Hey! Yeah, this guy, right here!" Peter waved and pointed to himself as he sped walk straight to possibly one of the biggest superheroes every; Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man. "You uh, you may not recognize me, because you're all involved with the Avengers and saving the world and stuff, but I'm, uh, Spider-Man. I'm kind of like, a huge fan. And you seem to be the only person on this flight that I recognize; so like, even better, right?"

@Cromartie Sarkissian @LuckycoolHawk9
Alesha sneered at the man who seemed more interested in flirtations than with dealing a finishing blow. Pushing herself off in an instance, she simply turned from the idiot, barking out a command, "Focus upon the beast! I want its head before the sun sets!" The only problem with that plan? Alesha didn't seem able to find any sort of device similar to what the others were using to kill it... "Where did you all find those devices?"

@Yun Lee @Cromartie Sarkissian
Tony smirked again, making a small salute towards Alesha. "Say, let's make a bet: if we get that things head on a spike by the end of the night, I get to buy you dinner. Sound fair? That way everybody wi--"

Tony's words were cut of by the sudden realisation of a steam of highly pressurised water was hurtling towards him. Now destiny was talking the piss. Getting kidnapped was one thing. Having to sit on a drink-free flight was another. But a broken nose, being used a single a projectile and being hit by high by a water canon? Someone upstairs clearly had it in for him.

Happy- freaking - Hogan. If this is you're doing I swear

Tony simply turned and faced the oncoming onslaught. He might was well just accept his fate- or more specifically, the fate of his suit. If he tried to dodge it, or take cover, or cry out for help, he would probably only succeed in jinxing himself; knowing his luck, he would probably find himself crushed by a piano by the end of the day.

This time, there was no slow motio', no dramatic opera, only a sigh;

"Honestly, I must have stabbed a dozen leprechauns in a previous life to deserve a day li--"

Splash

--
Tony blacked out for a brief moment after the water finally hit him, only being awoken by the words of one Peter Parker. He slowly made his way to his feet, every inch of his aching and every exposed speck of skin burning. Man, if the water could do so much damage to him, how could the Lizard withstand any of it

"Oh, yeah, kid...I know you" Tony slapped the side of his head, shaking out a small stream of water from his ear drum "The Spider-Man. You're..." He pondered for moment, his head his head still fuzzy from his mild, Rita endused concussion. Damn... he knew this kid from somewhere! Spider Man...Spider Man...Spider Man...does what ever a Spider Can? No...that didnt seem right... he knew the costume from somewhere though, of that he was was certain. He remembered an ex-Avenger who wore one just like it! "Yes! Spider-Man! I recognise you now! You're the who can shrink down to the size of a Spider, right?"

---
The next thing Tony knew, he was being handcuffed and tossed into some sort of cell. Well this was...Not he first he had been in a situation like this. However, usually, he preferred to be on the other side of the cuffs.

That had to get out... but how?

"Hey! Spidey! Could you do me a favour and shrink down inside the lock? Maybe smash it up from the inside or whatever you do? That would be great. Hey! Keep up the good work and I might consider you for the guest list of annual Stark Tower Christmas Party..."

@Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kentucky
Mobile post

"B-B-Bowser?! What are you doing here?"
Luigi asked, taking a step back due to the shock of not only seeing a clone of himself swear up a storm, which was followed by him and everyone else getting arrested, but now he was sharing a cell with the Koopa King himself!

latest

"I could be sayin' the same thing t'you losers. Never thought I'd be sharin' a cell with some twerpy little do-gooders like you." Bowser said, his voice coming off as a low growl to anyone that was paying attention to him besides Luigi. After a moment, the Koopa King took a seat on his bed and cocked a brow. "Wait... where's yer brother at?"

"He's... he's not here." Luigi replied sheepishly, purposely avoiding Bowser's gaze as he spoke.

FortunateQuarrelsomeArmednylonshrimp-max-1mb.gif

"GAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!! Ain't that a kick in the friggin' head?!" The Koopa bellowed, stomping his foot on the ground so hard that literally everyone who was present in the cell could feel the ground shake as he did so.

Once he finally finished laughing, Bowser wiped a tear from his eye.
"What, did 'ole Mario send you chumps on an all expense payed vacation to the crappiest island in the whole galaxy?"

"N-no! We were-a kidnapped!" Luigi stated matter-of-factly, though it was still obvious that he was uncomfortable talking to Bowser.

"Suuuuure you were."

Bowser peered down at Alesha, dismissing her question just as soon as it was asked.

"Pbbbbbbbbfffffffftbth." Bowser let out this noise when the question was asked, answering it after he let said noise draw on for about twenty seconds. " 'Falsely accused? PUH LEASE! I'm the evilest person around. You ain't gonna ever meet someone as bad or as super awesome as me!"

Bowser cocked a brow and looked over to Rita and Yusuke next when they asked him for his name.

"Did you dumbies not hear the Green Loser? I'm Bowser! The Koopa King! The worst'a the worst!"

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Archmage Jeremiah @Midnight Maiden @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Kentucky

"Once. When I was a child and before I took my grandmother's name. Theyears before I was a warrior and recognized for who I truly was were dark times."

No bravado or passion was uttered in that simple answer to her friend. Instead, only a solemn expression that quickly reverted to interest in the large reptilian creature who sat in a cell with them.

Suddenly, Alesha felt all hope for a fair and proper trial of words leave her heart.

"Hmph, the evilest person? Doubtful - equally doubtful is you being the most... awesome as you put it," Alesha dismissed right back with a shrug and now almost bored expression. Most of her interest was gone in the man with that answer, and it would take a great deal to bring it back if their conversation continued, "Tell me, king, what great achievements do you boast of to Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, Khan of the Mardu? I wish to know what my equal in status has done to find himself in the same cell as me."

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @justeveryone

"Well let's see...." Bowser said as he began to list his off his so-called "achievements" on his fingers. "I have a super awesome and strong army, all of which fear and respect me. I have an even more awesome castle with cool looking lava all in it, plus spikes and fireballs and a bunch of other cool stuff that you don't have. I also got a clown car that shoots fire, plus I can shoot fire outta my own friggin mouth: another thing that you losers can't do. Plus, I got a super hot girlfriend that's also the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom!" Bowser said, smirking as he crossed his arms, as if he had just proved some kind of point.

That is, he was smirking until Luigi spoke up again.
"Uhh... Princess Peach isn't your girlfriend, Bowser." Luigi said, causing Bowser to clench his fists and grit his teeth in anger.

"She is too, Green Stache!! Yer just jealous cause you ain't got one!!!" Bowser yelled, his booming voice so loud that it could even heard by even the guards outside of their cell.

Bowser blinked in response, not being able to comprehend what Echevalier had said.

"Uh....what?"

"She-a wants to know how you got here." Luigi said, earning a scoff from Bowser.

"I knew that. I was just... thinkin' of an answer, is all." Bowser said, although it was obvious by his tone that he was lying. "Well I came here cause I got a sweet volcano base called Corona Mountain here. Real nice vacation spot. Heckuva lot better than them cheap hotels they got here." Leaning back into the wall and propping his feet up on the bed, Bowser continued.

"But when I got here, turned out that some chump named Kirari Momobami took the place over. Next thing I know, I'm thrown in jail by them Pianta losers cause'a somethin' that happened like... a few years ago I think." Bowser said, sounding annoyed as he spoke.

Bowser's story piqued Luigi's interest, to say the least.
"Wait... wasn't that when Mario was here?" Luigi asked, earning a loud sigh from Bowser.

"Yes, idiot, that was when your stupid brother was here." The Koopa replied with an eye roll.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kentucky @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @whoever
"How long were you entrapped?" Yusuke questioned when Alesha when she stated being put in a cell when she was a child. "Let's hope we're not in here for very long," he added, letting out a sigh.

The artist quieted after a moment, picking up the sketchbook he had kept tucked under his arm for a time. "What a blessing," he muttered under his breath, smiling when he would see that it had dried. "Of course. I asked for a mixed media book; such a book dries. Silly me."

As he gazed at his book, he listened to the conversations of others. Bowser seemed irritated, but that didn't stop Yusuke from asking him a question that was a bit too blunt for the situation. "What exactly are you?" he asked Bowser, raising an eyebrow. "I've never seen any manner of beast such as yourself."

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Everyone​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Takumi
"How long were you entrapped?" Yusuke questioned when Alesha when she stated being put in a cell when she was a child. "Let's hope we're not in here for very long," he added, letting out a sigh.

The artist quieted after a moment, picking up the sketchbook he had kept tucked under his arm for a time. "What a blessing," he muttered under his breath, smiling when he would see that it had dried. "Of course. I asked for a mixed media book; such a book dries. Silly me."

As he gazed at his book, he listened to the conversations of others. Bowser seemed irritated, but that didn't stop Yusuke from asking him a question that was a bit too blunt for the situation. "What exactly are you?" he asked Bowser, raising an eyebrow. "I've never seen any manner of beast such as yourself."

"Hmmm? Hmph, a little over sixteen springs passed," Alesha answered Yusuke as she leaned back against a wall, no longer looking to Bowser due to her lack of interest, "Somewhere around that long, until I killed my first beast and conquered my dread. The day I took the name of my grandmother was the day I became free, and until the day I pass from this world, I aim to remain free."

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

I-No rolled her eyes. "You guys are so offbeat about everything that I can't even enjoy that apology! Let me get you all up to tempo. I didn't kidnap anyone, and I'm not the one holding you all captive. I've been hired to oversee what goes on around here by..." I-No froze, putting a hand to her head. "...shit. I can't remember. You've gotta be kidding me..."

@Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Otto

• Useful
Reactions: Archmage Jeremiah
Rita Hanson

Rita had been listening for a moment and ignored Bowser for now. " So, that's two people we know who have retrograde amnesia. I think something strange is going on here. ... and if I have to take a guess, it's probably connected to the missing memories people have and our own gap of what happened before we arrived on the plane. Rita felt weird being the one to point it out, but it made sense to her.

@Yun Lee @Everyone

"I'm a friggin' Koopa. The king of 'em, in fact. Probably the coolest Koopa you'll ever meet in yer lame life." Bowser said in his usual angry and deep tone of voice.

That was it.

Bowser let out a loud roar in response to Alesha and her brutal honesty. "Yer gonna get it now! Get ready fer a world class knuckle sammich!" Bowser exclaimed before hopping up and attempting to tackle Alesha.

@Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @whoever

"You mean I'm getting the same treatment as her?!" I-No pointed to Yumeko. "Damn it! That fucker tricked me...whoever he is! Ugh, when I get my hands on him, I swear I'll leave him with his ears ringing!" She breathed hard a moment, then stopped, sighing as she held onto the bars of the cell. "...look. I...ugh. I'm sorry for what happened on the plane. I know I can get a bit...tempermental sometimes. But it looks like I'm just as screwed as the rest of you."

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" A guard quickly tased Bowser while the other pulled Alesha out of the way. "We said no violence, buddy!"

While they were distracted, I-No took a moment to keep talking. "Listen. Whoever the heck this Kirari Momobami is...I'd bet my hat that she's the one who wants to use you all for her own devices. Hell, I bet she's trying to fuck with my memory to save her own ass! So I'll tell you what. I'm going to do what I can to get you guys out of here. I can try to use my magic to refute that evidence of her, because between you and me? I bet it's forged."