Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Rita Hanson

Rita shrugged a bit. " It would seem that way. Whatever is going on here probably has to do with what was at the plane crash, that goop and everything else that happened since before we arrived." Rita simply offered a smile back to the other woman for a second. " I mean- most of us made it out okay.... well expect Mary. I might have gotten mad towards too if someone tried to punch me and then was insulted. It makes sense to me." What didn't make sense was how they survived the crash.

Rita was silent as she thought over what the woman was going to say and paused. " Somehow I don't think that is going to help. Honestly, I think it might get you in trouble too and then we would be an attorney short and still be in this jail. Maybe if we plead guilty, but then offer to help clean the island it will help. I mean, there's a lot of us and if we all work together, we can get it done sooner," she said, her brain working on a plan around this problem.

@Yun Lee @Everyone

I-No rolled her eyes. "You guys are so offbeat about everything that I can't even enjoy that apology! Let me get you all up to tempo. I didn't kidnap anyone, and I'm not the one holding you all captive. I've been hired to oversee what goes on around here by..." I-No froze, putting a hand to her head. "...shit. I can't remember. You've gotta be kidding me..."

@Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Otto

Rita Hanson

Rita had been listening for a moment and ignored Bowser for now. " So, that's two people we know who have retrograde amnesia. I think something strange is going on here. ... and if I have to take a guess, it's probably connected to the missing memories people have and our own gap of what happened before we arrived on the plane. Rita felt weird being the one to point it out, but it made sense to her.

@Yun Lee @Everyone
"You mean I'm getting the same treatment as her?!" I-No pointed to Yumeko. "Damn it! That fucker tricked me...whoever he is! Ugh, when I get my hands on him, I swear I'll leave him with his ears ringing!" She breathed hard a moment, then stopped, sighing as she held onto the bars of the cell. "...look. I...ugh. I'm sorry for what happened on the plane. I know I can get a bit...tempermental sometimes. But it looks like I'm just as screwed as the rest of you."

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" A guard quickly tased Bowser while the other pulled Alesha out of the way. "We said no violence, buddy!"

While they were distracted, I-No took a moment to keep talking. "Listen. Whoever the heck this Kirari Momobami is...I'd bet my hat that she's the one who wants to use you all for her own devices. Hell, I bet she's trying to fuck with my memory to save her own ass! So I'll tell you what. I'm going to do what I can to get you guys out of here. I can try to use my magic to refute that evidence of her, because between you and me? I bet it's forged."
Rita Hanson

Rita shrugged a bit. " It would seem that way. Whatever is going on here probably has to do with what was at the plane crash, that goop and everything else that happened since before we arrived." Rita simply offered a smile back to the other woman for a second. " I mean- most of us made it out okay.... well expect Mary. I might have gotten mad towards too if someone tried to punch me and then was insulted. It makes sense to me." What didn't make sense was how they survived the crash.

Rita was silent as she thought over what the woman was going to say and paused. " Somehow I don't think that is going to help. Honestly, I think it might get you in trouble too and then we would be an attorney short and still be in this jail. Maybe if we plead guilty, but then offer to help clean the island it will help. I mean, there's a lot of us and if we all work together, we can get it done sooner," she said, her brain working on a plan around this problem.

@Yun Lee @Everyone

"In essence, a truce? Well, looks like we've all got a common enemy to crush and mangle, I'm itching to fight whatever army she's commanding," Ernesti adds. "What do you say, K-"

Bowser was in a berserking rage.

"Well, all according to plan... I guess..."

After that, Bowser was tased and knocked out by a guard.

wVmPdMx.jpg

"Seems to me that we're going to have to wait for the trial. It's tomorrow, isn't it? That's enough time to think of more plans."

Ernesti turns to Rita as she voices her thoughts, keeping his volume low during the discussion.

"I'm not too happy to agree with a surrender, especially if there are other ways out. Like a jailbreak. What do you think, attorney? You're the one on the outside."

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto

Last edited:
"Now now, let's not be hasty. Maybe we don't have to plead guilty, okay? I mean, we haven't even seen this evidence against the case, and for all we know, it can be easily refuted if we look the right way."

Rita Hanson

" The way these cops seem to be talking about, it seems that they are pretty confident that this evidence will make us look guility. But maybe we can refute them, but I have my doubts about that honestly. Especially since this woman donates to the island."

@Yun Lee

"I'm a friggin' Koopa. The king of 'em, in fact. Probably the coolest Koopa you'll ever meet in yer lame life." Bowser said in his usual angry and deep tone of voice.

That was it.

Bowser let out a loud roar in response to Alesha and her brutal honesty. "Yer gonna get it now! Get ready fer a world class knuckle sammich!" Bowser exclaimed before hopping up and attempting to tackle Alesha.

@Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @whoever
"If your sandwich making is as poor as your boasting, then I have little to fear," Alesha snapped back as Bowser lumbered up from his sitting position, at the same time moving herself to stand fully and no longer lean on the wall she had been against. As the turtle dragon charged at her, the warrior simply hopped to the side of the massive beast's path, content to allow him to smash against the cell's wall and knock himself out as she took a few steps back with a smirk.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore

"You mean I'm getting the same treatment as her?!" I-No pointed to Yumeko. "Damn it! That fucker tricked me...whoever he is! Ugh, when I get my hands on him, I swear I'll leave him with his ears ringing!" She breathed hard a moment, then stopped, sighing as she held onto the bars of the cell. "...look. I...ugh. I'm sorry for what happened on the plane. I know I can get a bit...tempermental sometimes. But it looks like I'm just as screwed as the rest of you."

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" A guard quickly tased Bowser while the other pulled Alesha out of the way. "We said no violence, buddy!"

While they were distracted, I-No took a moment to keep talking. "Listen. Whoever the heck this Kirari Momobami is...I'd bet my hat that she's the one who wants to use you all for her own devices. Hell, I bet she's trying to fuck with my memory to save her own ass! So I'll tell you what. I'm going to do what I can to get you guys out of here. I can try to use my magic to refute that evidence of her, because between you and me? I bet it's forged."
cf61dedfd13e289ffd91431694f7bc03

"Hrk!!!" Bowser emitted this noise and fell to the ground, the impact being enough to cause the entire ground to shake in the cell. When the officer exited the cell, Bowser looked stood up before glaring at Alesha.

"Yer lucky that the stinkin' pig showed up. But when we get outta here, yer mine." Bowser said in a low growl, mumbling something else under his breath as he made his way back to his bed.

After listening to the conversation for a while, Luigi finally spoke up.
"But what about that shadow version of me?" Luigi asked, still concerned about that entity as a whole.

Bowser on the other hand perked up when I-No spoke of taking down Krari, leaning forward from his bed to look the witch dead in the eye.

"Waitwaitwait. If you chumps're takin' down Krigi Whatsherface, then I want in. That twerp stole my volcano base from me, and I ain't gonna rest 'till I gettit back." Bowser declared in a low growl.

Luigi, of course, didn't like this idea. But before he could speak up, Shantae put her two cents in as well.
"Uhhh... excuse you?! You're the one who just attacked an innocent bystander and has been just plain rude to everyone since we arrived here! Why on earth would we let you help us?!" The half-genie asked, sounding irritated at the mere thought of Bowser helping them.

Bowser let out a chuckle and shook his head before speaking again.
"Cause the way I see it, you losers got two options. Option one, y'get outta here and fumble around this island like idiots, and maybe you'll get to Corona Mountain, only to die by the traps I got set up there." Bowser crossed his arms and shrugged before tilting his head to the side. "Or you can choose option two and lemme help you guys so y'don't end up roadkill five seconds after gettin' outta this joint."

Luigi thought about this for a second and let out a sigh. "As much as I hate to admit it, Bowser does have a point. He did try and take over this-a place before, according to Mario. So he'd know this place by the back of his shell. Plus, if what he said is true, Kirigi is held up in his-a base, so he can get us past the traps he has set up there."

"Exactly." Bowser said as he nodded before looking to the overall group. "So what's it gonna be?"

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @Kaykay @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Midnight Maiden @Bucky @dark @ShiroKiyoshi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite

"Hmmm? Hmph, a little over sixteen springs passed," Alesha answered Yusuke as she leaned back against a wall, no longer looking to Bowser due to her lack of interest, "Somewhere around that long, until I killed my first beast and conquered my dread. The day I took the name of my grandmother was the day I became free, and until the day I pass from this world, I aim to remain free."

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"I'm a friggin' Koopa. The king of 'em, in fact. Probably the coolest Koopa you'll ever meet in yer lame life." Bowser said in his usual angry and deep tone of voice.

That was it.

Bowser let out a loud roar in response to Alesha and her brutal honesty. "Yer gonna get it now! Get ready fer a world class knuckle sammich!" Bowser exclaimed before hopping up and attempting to tackle Alesha.

@Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @whoever

"If your sandwich making is as poor as your boasting, then I have little to fear," Alesha snapped back as Bowser lumbered up from his sitting position, at the same time moving herself to stand fully and no longer lean on the wall she had been against. As the turtle dragon charged at her, the warrior simply hopped to the side of the massive beast's path, content to allow him to smash against the cell's wall and knock himself out as she took a few steps back with a smirk.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore

"Hrk!!!" Bowser emitted this noise and fell to the ground, the impact being enough to cause the entire ground to shake in the cell. When the officer exited the cell, Bowser looked stood up before glaring at Alesha.

"Yer lucky that the stinkin' pig showed up. But when we get outta here, yer mine." Bowser said in a low growl, mumbling something else under his breath as he made his way back to his bed.

"But what about that shadow version of me?" Luigi asked, still concerned about that entity as a whole.

Bowser on the other hand perked up when I-No spoke of taking down Krari, leaning forward from his bed to look the witch dead in the eye.

"Waitwaitwait. If you chumps're takin' down Krigi Whatsherface, then I want in. That twerp stole my volcano base from me, and I ain't gonna rest 'till I gettit back." Bowser declared in a low growl.

Luigi, of course, didn't like this idea. But before he could speak up, Shantae put her two cents in as well.
"Uhhh... excuse you?! You're the one who just attacked an innocent bystander and has been just plain rude to everyone since we arrived here! Why on earth would we let you help us?!" The half-genie asked, sounding irritated at the mere thought of Bowser helping them.

"Cause the way I see it, you losers got two options. Option one, y'get outta here and fumble around this island like idiots, and maybe you'll get to Corona Mountain, only to die by the traps I got set up there." Bowser crossed his arms and shrugged before tilting his head to the side. "Or you can choose option two and lemme help you guys so y'don't end up roadkill five seconds after gettin' outta this joint."

Luigi thought about this for a second and let out a sigh. "As much as I hate to admit it, Bowser does have a point. He did try and take over this-a place before, according to Mario. So he'd know this place by the back of his shell. Plus, if what he said is true, Kirigi is held up in his-a base, so he can get us past the traps he has set up there."

"Exactly." Bowser said as he nodded before looking to the overall group. "So what's it gonna be?"

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @Kaykay @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Midnight Maiden @Bucky @dark @ShiroKiyoshi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite

UKplaHt.png

"You were sixteen years of age," Yusuke mumbled under his breath, processing the information Alesha spoke to him. "I'm seventeen now, but I can't picture what it must've been like for you." The only other experience Yusuke had with that sort of situation was when he had been held captive in the Velvet Room for a time near the end of his Phantom Thief journey. The boy would've commented more, wanting to make conversation simply to pass the time, but his thoughts were shaken to a halt when Bowser would interrupt.

"Do not look at me as if I'm a fool for not knowing. I've never even seen a... "Goomba" before. I don't really even know what one is," he said with a shrug, furrowing his brows when the creature would then charge at Alesha. "How undignified," he muttered, shaking his head in disapproval.

The artist listened, however, when Bowser would make them an offer. "How can we trust that you won't betray us? You don't seem much like the trustworthy sort as far as I can tell," Yusuke criticized, arching an eyebrow.

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Everyone​

"Now now, let's not be hasty. Maybe we don't have to plead guilty, okay? I mean, we haven't even seen this evidence against the case, and for all we know, it can be easily refuted if we look the right way."

Rita Hanson

" The way these cops seem to be talking about, it seems that they are pretty confident that this evidence will make us look guility. But maybe we can refute them, but I have my doubts about that honestly. Especially since this woman donates to the island."

@Yun Lee

9SJLirs.jpg

"Option 2 sounds more ideal, King Bowser. Although, there is one problem. Our plans involve waiting for the trial to occur. However, you are in here for a different reason than the rest of us," Ernesti indicates, "wouldn't that mean your trial would be seperate from ours? Unless our lawyer could find a way to put you in our trial... can you, Miss... uh... attorney? I'm not good at law, so I am unsure."

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @Kaykay @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Midnight Maiden @Bucky @dark @ShiroKiyoshi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite

"Some of us has better direction than that," The Doctor responded as he got up from the bed he had been laying on. "But only two options? Such meager pickings to choose from don't you think? Neither sounding very nice either I'm afraid. Couldn't you had a third or fourth option? Of course the obvious answer is to bring you along, it's not even a contest."

The Doctor grinned wildly. "Who would choose death really? So let's say we do bring you along, what else do you bring to the table other than your utterly charming disposition? Certainly traps are of a tricky sort, but someone with a keen mind could certainly sniff them out and neutralize them. Oh but of course their creator tagging along certainly makes our life far more easier, eh?"
9SJLirs.jpg

"Option 2 sounds more ideal, King Bowser. Although, there is one problem. Our plans involve waiting for the trial to occur. However, you are in here for a different reason than the rest of us," Ernesti indicates, "wouldn't that mean your trial would be seperate from ours? Unless our lawyer could find a way to put you in our trial... can you, Miss... uh... attorney? I'm not good at law, so I am unsure."

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @Kaykay @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Midnight Maiden @Bucky @dark @ShiroKiyoshi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite

"Simple," Responded the Doctor. "We have ourselves a good jailbreak."

UKplaHt.png

"You were sixteen years of age," Yusuke mumbled under his breath, processing the information Alesha spoke to him. "I'm seventeen now, but I can't picture what it must've been like for you." The only other experience Yusuke had with that sort of situation was when he had been held captive in the Velvet Room for a time near the end of his Phantom Thief journey. The boy would've commented more, wanting to make conversation simply to pass the time, but his thoughts were shaken to a halt when Bowser would interrupt.

"Do not look at me as if I'm a fool for not knowing. I've never even seen a... "Goomba" before. I don't really even know what one is," he said with a shrug, furrowing his brows when the creature would then charge at Alesha. "How undignified," he muttered, shaking his head in disapproval.

The artist listened, however, when Bowser would make them an offer. "How can we trust that you won't betray us? You don't seem much like the trustworthy sort as far as I can tell," Yusuke criticized, arching an eyebrow.

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Everyone
Bowser rolled his eyes when Yusuke brought up the possibility of him betraying the group.

"You really think I'd care enough to betray you losers? I may not like any'a ya, but unless I see a fat Italian plumber with mustache in a red suit, y'won't haveta worry about me screwin' you over.

Not only that, but I'm really your only hope at gettin' to Corona Mountain. Green Stache was right, I did try and take over Isle Delfino a few years back. Used their precious shine sprites to power my own awesome hottub for my family vacation. I even let Jr. in on my plans. That boy has a wild imagination. Used some magic paintbrush or somethin' to make a weird shadow version'a Mario and framed him."

"W-wait? Did you say that your son made a shadow version of my brother to frame him?" Luigi suddenly asked, sounding more interested in that particular part than the rest of the story.

"Yeah? Whatsittoya?" Bowser asked, a big annoyed that Luigi had interrupted him like that.

"Well, it's just that there's a shadow version of me running around as well!" Luigi said, being able to understand things a bit better now that he knows that Bowser Jr. had done a Shadow Mario years before there was a Shadow Luigi.

"Wha--- Junior isn't supposed to be here! He has homework and chores to do!" Bowser exclaimed, oddly sounding like a legitamately concerned parent as he spoke.

"Well, I don't think it's-a Junior. He said a lot of curse words and just... didn't really sound like your son at all." Luigi said, having dealt with Bowser Jr. first hand on multiple occasions. He had definitely encountered the young Koopa enough times to know how he talked and acted.

"Oh, then that definitely ain't my son. There's a strict no swearing rule in the Koopa household." Bowser said, again sounding like a good parent as he spoke about his son. However, when he continued, he went back to being a complete ass. "But that does mean that there's a friggin' copycat out there. I mean... not like I blame 'em for copying a plan as awesome as one'a mine."

"Some of us has better direction than that," The Doctor responded as he got up from the bed he had been laying on. "But only two options? Such meager pickings to choose from don't you think? Neither sounding very nice either I'm afraid. Couldn't you had a third or fourth option? Of course the obvious answer is to bring you along, it's not even a contest."

The Doctor grinned wildly. "Who would choose death really? So let's say we do bring you along, what else do you bring to the table other than your utterly charming disposition? Certainly traps are of a tricky sort, but someone with a keen mind could certainly sniff them out and neutralize them. Oh but of course their creator tagging along certainly makes our life far more easier, eh?"

"Simple," Responded the Doctor. "We have ourselves a good jailbreak."

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @Kaykay @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Midnight Maiden @Bucky @dark @ShiroKiyoshi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite @thatguyinthestore

"Oh, there's a third option." Bowser replied. "Option 3 is me beatin' up all you losers and headin' off to take back my volcano base myself." He said, though it was hard to tell if he was being sarcastic or not.

As the Doctor continued talking, the Koopa seemed to grow more and more irritated as time went on. When he finally finished, Bowser managed to avoid having another outburst before continuing.

"What do I bring? Just lookit me! What don't I bring is the better question!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Midnight Maiden @Kentucky @Kaykay @Leon Moretti @Mason Moretti @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto

Uu... do you think the problem will get resolved though? I don't think my mama will be happy to know about... um, me being here? ❞
Maria didn't really think about the other factors surrounding those options that Bowser had for them. All that seemed to go through her head was how her mother would react about how she was put into a jail cell and up to trial. Silently to herself, the girl started to think that maybe Beatrice was watching over her, ready to help with some magic... that was all a part of this girl's imagination...

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Midnight Maiden @Kentucky @Kaykay @Leon Moretti @Mason Moretti @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @thatguyinthestore

UKplaHt.png

"I don't need your help to dodge a lumbering beast," Alesha's dismissal of the guard trying to pull her aside after she had already moved to dodge came with a smack of the man's hand. It seemed as if she had nothing else to say to the brute or the officers after that, shrugging as Bowser threatened her and she rejoined Yusuke. The only response she gave afterwards was to Luigi, her eyes glancing between the green-clad plumber and the beast king, "Only if you keep an eye on him. Else I will have to take of any incidents."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore

"Sounds like someone wants to take a trip to solitary."

@Jeremi

5xlirl3.png

"Oh dear...and not allow the others the pleasure of my company? That certainly is a cruel and unusual punishment!"

Bowser rolled his eyes when Yusuke brought up the possibility of him betraying the group.

"You really think I'd care enough to betray you losers? I may not like any'a ya, but unless I see a fat Italian plumber with mustache in a red suit, y'won't haveta worry about me screwin' you over.

Not only that, but I'm really your only hope at gettin' to Corona Mountain. Green Stache was right, I did try and take over Isle Delfino a few years back. Used their precious shine sprites to power my own awesome hottub for my family vacation. I even let Jr. in on my plans. That boy has a wild imagination. Used some magic paintbrush or somethin' to make a weird shadow version'a Mario and framed him."

"W-wait? Did you say that your son made a shadow version of my brother to frame him?" Luigi suddenly asked, sounding more interested in that particular part than the rest of the story.

"Yeah? Whatsittoya?" Bowser asked, a big annoyed that Luigi had interrupted him like that.

"Well, it's just that there's a shadow version of me running around as well!" Luigi said, being able to understand things a bit better now that he knows that Bowser Jr. had done a Shadow Mario years before there was a Shadow Luigi.

"Wha--- Junior isn't supposed to be here! He has homework and chores to do!" Bowser exclaimed, oddly sounding like a legitamately concerned parent as he spoke.

"Well, I don't think it's-a Junior. He said a lot of curse words and just... didn't really sound like your son at all." Luigi said, having dealt with Bowser Jr. first hand on multiple occasions. He had definitely encountered the young Koopa enough times to know how he talked and acted.

"Oh, then that definitely ain't my son. There's a strict no swearing rule in the Koopa household." Bowser said, again sounding like a good parent as he spoke about his son. However, when he continued, he went back to being a complete ass. "But that does mean that there's a friggin' copycat out there. I mean... not like I blame 'em for copying a plan as awesome as one'a mine."

"Oh, there's a third option." Bowser replied. "Option 3 is me beatin' up all you losers and headin' off to take back my volcano base myself." He said, though it was hard to tell if he was being sarcastic or not.

As the Doctor continued talking, the Koopa seemed to grow more and more irritated as time went on. When he finally finished, Bowser managed to avoid having another outburst before continuing.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Midnight Maiden @Kentucky @Kaykay @Leon Moretti @Mason Moretti @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto

cUIBK8d.png

"My good man I could write a book about things you don't bring!"
The Doctor replied towards Bowser. "If you are so great and powerful as you say you are then why are you still here in this cell? Suggesting that we should work together? A common enemy? I'll tell you why it's because you need us far more than we need you! Am I right or am I right? The great and powerful Bowser! Bah! A stale turtle waiting to be boiled up for supper is what I see!"

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @Kaykay @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Midnight Maiden @Bucky @dark @ShiroKiyoshi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite @thatguyinthestore

I-No rolled her eyes. "You guys are so offbeat about everything that I can't even enjoy that apology! Let me get you all up to tempo. I didn't kidnap anyone, and I'm not the one holding you all captive. I've been hired to oversee what goes on around here by..." I-No froze, putting a hand to her head. "...shit. I can't remember. You've gotta be kidding me..."

@Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Otto

Risky Boots grit her teeth, and facepalmed again.

fx_cine_risky_pose_3.png

"Well..." she grumbled, "if it wasn't you that roped us into this, who was it? This mysterious He-Devil? That blue brat Kirari? Those bumbling bunglers who made the mess that was pinned on us? Who?! They're sharkbait next I see them!" Risky Boots shouted in outrage, and took in one long, seething breath before backing off and folding her arms with a bad-tempered pout of her lip. Blinking and glancing at I-No for a moment, Risky turned her head away to titter. "Everyone loses their temper, girl. But...I still need to add, that if this rampant amnesia keeps spreading, we can kiss our eyewitnesses goodbye,"

@Yun Lee

Luigi, of course, didn't like this idea. But before he could speak up, Shantae put her two cents in as well. "Uhhh... excuse you?! You're the one who just attacked an innocent bystander and has been just plain rude to everyone since we arrived here! Why on earth would we let you help us?!" The half-genie asked, sounding irritated at the mere thought of Bowser helping them.

"Oh step off your high-horse, twerp,"
butt in Risky Boots, "Need I remind you of the last time both of us were left powerless in the face of a heartless evil hellbent on stopping us, because we were the only thing standing between it and world domination?" she inquired, looking down at the half-genie without turning to face her, or even tilting her head down. "Connect the dots,"

@thatguyinthestore

UKplaHt.png

"I don't need your help to dodge a lumbering beast," Alesha's dismissal of the guard trying to pull her aside after she had already moved to dodge came with a smack of the man's hand. It seemed as if she had nothing else to say to the brute or the officers after that, shrugging as Bowser threatened her and she rejoined Yusuke. The only response she gave afterwards was to Luigi, her eyes glancing between the green-clad plumber and the beast king, "Only if you keep an eye on him. Else I will have to take of any incidents."

5xlirl3.png

"Oh dear...and not allow the others the pleasure of my company? That certainly is a cruel and unusual punishment!"

cUIBK8d.png

"My good man I could write a book about things you don't bring!"
The Doctor replied towards Bowser. "If you are so great and powerful as you say you are then why are you still here in this cell? Suggesting that we should work together? A common enemy? I'll tell you why it's because you need us far more than we need you! Am I right or am I right? The great and powerful Bowser! Bah! A stale turtle waiting to be boiled up for supper is what I see!"

"Mario, Luigi, and I have worked with Bowser once before," Starlow said, finally chiming in to the conversation.

"He can be a bit temperamental sometimes, and may need a but of help from time to time, but he's a very solid ally to have! Much better than an enemy."

She floated up to meet Bowser's face to meet him eye to eye. "What do you say, Bowser? Think you can behave a little bit and help us? We can beat up Shadow Luigi as well as Kirigu, and get you back your base. We did help take back your castle, remember?"
@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi

"Mario, Luigi, and I have worked with Bowser once before," Starlow said, finally chiming in to the conversation.

"He can be a bit temperamental sometimes, and may need a but of help from time to time, but he's a very solid ally to have! Much better than an enemy."

She floated up to meet Bowser's face to meet him eye to eye. "What do you say, Bowser? Think you can behave a little bit and help us? We can beat up Shadow Luigi as well as Kirigu, and get you back your base. We did help take back your castle, remember?"
@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi
37yPeyi.png

"Beating us up sounds a bit barbaric, don't you think?" Yusuke asked, frowning at Bowser. "I'd much rather we all worked together, I suppose." The boy paused to think, eventually adding, "Perhaps it would be best if we all cooperate after all. You are correct when you state that we really have nothing to lose..." He glanced to Starlow, whom he hadn't really been introduced yet, listening to what she had to say about Bowser. "I suppose it does put my mind at ease to hear of someone else who is willing to put their trust in him." He glanced to Alesha afterwards. "What do you say? Should we attempt forming an alliance with this Goomba?" he questioned, mistakenly calling their cellmate by the wrong name.

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Mason Moretti

Last edited by a moderator:
37yPeyi.png

"Beating us up sounds a bit barbaric, don't you think?" Yusuke asked, frowning at Bowser. "I'd much rather we all worked together, I suppose." The boy paused to think, eventually adding, "Perhaps it would be best if we all cooperate after all. You are correct when you state that we really have nothing to lose..." He glanced to Starlow, whom he hadn't really been introduced yet, listening to what she had to say about Bowser. "I suppose it does put my mind at ease to hear of someone else who is willing to put their trust in him." He glanced to Alesha afterwards. "What do you say? Should we attempt forming an alliance with this Goomba?" he questioned, mistakenly calling their cellmate by the wrong name.

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Mason Moretti
"Koopa, Yusuke. He's the Koopa King - apparently, that is what dragon-turtles like to be named."

Whether Alesha corrected him out of genuine concern it might offend Bowser or because she simply didn't want to deal with his next tantrum was unclear.

"What the hell, I'm not-" holding his cheek, Yato sadly wouldn't be able to retort before Hiyori and him were cuffed, and she was tased, causing him to try and get to her, and check to see if she was alright. He wouldn't get the chance until they were put in cells.

"Hiyori? Hey, you there?" he nudged her gently. He was a bit worried that she might end up unconscious, but she seemed to be hanging in there like a champ.

@Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee
"Nnn..."

The groan was subtle, but she was at least awake and functional enough to let the sound go. It took a couple of moments, but she seemed to realize she was being nudged and spoken to, leading her to blink a few times before mustering a sheepish smile. Man, how embarrassing. Passing out and leaving her body in the form of a spirit was bad enough- she reallyyyy didn't want to make a habit of getting rendered to a state of disorientation and the like like this. "Mm," she muttered at first, almost unintentionally, giving a slow nod as she attempted to form words. "Ah, I mean.. Y-yes, thank you," she replied more alertly, managing to right herself and give the slightest indication of a bow out of thanks. She hesitated for a moment, glancing around before tilting her head down, looking to the floor with a more solemn expression.

tumblr_inline_n2poax8CSm1riacmz.png

"...But I don't understand," she mumbled, almost inaudibly. "That creature was defeated at the hands of these people, right? So why are we here in this cell like criminals?" she asked softly, the inquiry aimed at no one in particular. It merely drifted in the air, hanging like a fog clouding out the sun. Fitting for the dreary, dark cell they were in. Still, the pieces weren't fitting together, and the half-phantom only felt more and more confused by every new happening. Her drop into the world of the far shore had been abrupt enough, but this was a whole new level of crazy. It all just made her head spin... And the elephant in the room- or giant spiky turtle, in this case -was making it worse. The earthquake caused by his fall earned a small, astonished yip from the girl, but she slowly managed to get over it as time and discussion went on.

And, well, what came next was just natural for the overly kind and generous teen. When she finally managed to get a grasp of what was going on, anyways.

tumblr_inline_nf4apgMSO71rkg9ed.png

"So, you're willing to behave and help us?"
she asked, surprisingly calm(externally) for speaking to an oversized spiky tortoise.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Takumi

Yato, having listened in on the conversations around him, sat against the wall of their cell, letting Hiyori rest for the time being.

People suddenly forgetting things was making him feel antsy, and he glanced down at Hiyori momentarily, remembering when all hope had seemed lost when it came to being remembered.

Hands growing sweaty, the delivery god's gut twisted as the more he tried to remember what he had last been doing, at least, before the call. Who had called him? What was the call about? He didn't even remember if any words were exchanged.

A frustrated sigh escaped him.

Then Hiyori came to her senses, which calmed his nerves some.

"I'm surprised you were the one to get tased, Hiyori. Usually I'm the one who ends up getting hurt the most, are you alright?" Yato asked, glad she seemed okay.