Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"My true aesthetics? Interesting... outside of my clan, few would respect me for my appearance, as it does not agree with how I view myself..." She shook her head after a moment with a smile, "But that does not matter - as long as you capture what is truly me and satisfy your artistic need, I will be happy, so yes, try again when we have time, my friend. For now though? We clean," She then focused on washing away the paint once against, helping Luigi as best she could in the work.

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee

"Hmm?" Luigi hummed with a raised brow, slowing down the spraying yet again when Yusuke inquired who Mario was. "Oh, Mario is my brother. He goes on adventures like this all the time, usually saving Princess Peach from Bowser." Luigi said, having completely ceased his assault on the paint as he reminisced about his brother.

"He goes on way more adventures than I do. Well, I stopped a bunch of ghosts in a mansion twice, but that's about it. He's a lot stronger than me, and confident, and all around just more courageous than me." The plumber let out a sigh as he returned to washing the paint away with his FLUDD. "If he were here with us right now? He'd-a know exactly what to do. I know he would."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu
"Very well, I can agree to this," Yusuke replied with a nod when Alesha would agree to be drawn again, but suggest they finish cleaning up the area first. The boy glanced to Luigi again when he would explain about his brother. "Ah, you have a brother? That must be nice," he said, gazing off quietly for a moment. "Maybe luck will favor us and we shall cross paths with him eventually," the artist added, trying to be hopeful.
Thanks to the help of the group, the goop and the creatures were cleaned up rather quickly. "Whew! Thanks a bundle!" The Piantas around were very happy to have that all clean. "Man, that Luigi...what a meanie he is! And that creepy monster too...this is worse than last time!"

"Well...I'm glad we could clean that mess up," Yumeko said, though she didn't really sound very happy. She looked to the Piantas. "Do you think you could help us get home? My friend too...she died in the plane crash, and her body…"

"Of course! We can get the police here right away!"

"Not to worry...I've already brought them."

From the gate came two Piantas in police uniforms, accompanied by a young woman, who apparently had been the one to speak. She smiled at everyone, yet there was definitely something peculiar about her smile...as if there were something she knew that you didn't.

"...!" Yumeko froze upon seeing the woman, a look of bewilderment on her face. Perhaps she jogged her memory a little bit?

The woman didn't seem to pay Yumeko much mind at the moment.
8161bbd399db33336e3f6c748e44a9ce6eaab98b4ab10182596437850424994e_thumb.jpeg

"I was in the gateway when I heard there was a crash, and criminals ravaging the Delfino Airstrip," she said. "Naturally, I alerted the police."

One of the officers nodded. "Oh yes, we need to take care of these troublemakers right away!"

"Huh? But they vanished..." Yumeko quickly turned her attention to the police officers. "Can you please help us? My friend Mary, in the plane, she-oh!"
View attachment 144992
Yumeko stopped as she was suddenly put in handcuffs. "What are you doing?"

The police officers began putting handcuffs on the rest of the group. "You're all under arrest!"

"Wh-What? Why?! We've been kidnapped and through a plane crash!"

"A likely story! You can try pulling that cute highschooler act on the judge all you want, but it won't fool us, you band of rogues!" You would find yourself handcuffed, and tased if you tried to resist. Starlow would have a rope tied around her, since she didn't have hands. Either way, everyone would be ushered off into a ferry and herded off to the main island. There isn't much ceremony as all of you are brought into a jail cell, with someone already in there.
Profile_Bowser.aead314d435d8e52d9a4e92a6f799c4eee08081e.jpg

"Oh look who it is. The friggin pigs." The large hulking beast said with a snarl before standing up and balling up his fists. "You come t'let me outta here? Or do you want me to give you a grade A pummeling and make you let me out?" Bowser asked, not paying too much mind to his new cell mates.

"Quiet, you!" The officer looks at you all. "We'll come pick you all up tonight for your trial. In the meantime, you can talk to your cellmate if you want company. We tend to avoid conversing with criminals. But if you try to cause a ruckus…" The officer pulled out his taser to make a point. "You can also request for your lawyer, but, uh…" He exchanged a nervous glance at his coworker. "...listen, just confess to being guilty. Please."

Looks like you don't have many options. You can request your attorney, or chat with this cellmate of yours. Yumeko sits by the wall, silent.
View attachment 144991
"........"

----------------------

Elsewhere in the main plaza, in an alleyway hidden by crates, an arguement was taking place.

"You fuckin' dumbass!"

SMACK! "Ow!" Shadow Luigi held his cheek, glaring at the creature before him. "What the fuck was that for?!"
latest

"You know exactly what the fuck that was for! Heel Lesson 101: Don't Look Like A Jackass! I thought we agreed you would stay silent!"

"Well, initially, yeah, but why not spice things up? Y'know...add an accent, taunt them all..." SMACK! "Ow! Stop that!"

"You're makin' us look like fuckin' jokes!"

"Oh, and you're not, Mr. Freshwater-Is-My-Weakness? I thought that was the whole point of this damn thing!"

"The plan is to be threatening enough that we keep them in line, but weak enough that they're in a false sense of security! Not run around lookin' like Freddy fuckin' Fazbear!"

"Who the fuck is Freddy Fazbear?!"

"The fact that you don't know is why you cannot fuck this up! I swear to God, don't you fuck this up for me. Cuz if you do..."

"I won't! I won't. I promise."

"Thought so. Now get that fuckin' paintbrush out. We got us some work to do."

@Khan of the Mardu @York @Verite @dark @thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Kentucky @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Otto @ShiroKiyoshi @Gummi Bunnies @Glostechk @Archmage Jeremiah @Bucky @Cromartie Sarkissian @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mari

"Does anyone else think we're being thrown about at the whim of others who have no understanding of our situation? First the captain kidnapping us to put us on a plane, then the flight assistant going mad and crashing it, and now some uniformed woman who acts as if she has authority over us?"

It was with a heavy dose of annoyance at the situation that Alesha spoke, sitting in the cell with the others. She understood somewhat the situation they were in; clearly some form of guards had taken them to a prison of some kind. However, what she didn't understand was the fact that no one seemed in their right mind outside of their group.

"Not even allowed to plead our case... shamed for crimes we didn't commit... What a disgrace to the honor of this island's people. To pledge guilt in this situation is not the course I shall take."

Whether or not anyone would listen to her didn't matter; she simply wished to voice her grievances and be done with them for the moment. Yusuke and Luigi were the only ones she even expected to comment on them, and she dioubted they would have much to add. So, isntead of waiting for her comrades to comment, she looked to the beast who occupied the cell with them, the turtle-dragon crossbreed, and shrugged, "So then, were you accused falsely as well? I doubt this island can stand the sight of outsiders if they'll round anyone and accuse them of false charges."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee
Before he knew it, Yusuke ended up cuffed and sent with their group to a cell. "This feels familiar to me," he said with a frown. "This isn't the first time I've found myself void of hope, sitting within a cell. Have you ever found yourself in such a lackluster place before?" he asked the khan. He then glanced to their mysterious cellmate that Alesha spoke to, curiously watching them. "What might your name be?" he questioned politely to their fellow prisoner.

@Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiyori was safe in his arms, and he gave a relieved sigh at the fact she didn't get hurt, though her response of flailing almost caught him off guard completely.

"Eh?! I'm keeping you from getting smacked around like--" he was cut off with the arrival of Shadow Luigi and all of the strange and confusing things that came from that.

"Whatever those are, they're definitely not Ayakashi...I think." Yato responded, just as confused as his companion. Pulling her away from those he gave her a pat on the head.

tumblr_n2ji12sbO71rfmdfoo1_r3_250.gif

"You're pretty lucky I moved in time, you don't look injured at all so that's good!" his tone was little more chipper now.

@Midnight Maiden
Okay. So that explanation was logical, really. He had been trying to protect her, just as he always did. It was a sweet thing, and something that the teen definitely appreciated. It displayed that Yato cared for her, despite his effort to make her leave him alone, which was something she was glad he reciprocated. But right now, she found herself too intoxicated with embarrassment from the way he pulled her against him to care. Especially when he followed up with gentle, affectionate hand placed against her head. Which, of course, was met by the female's blush returning full-force, her frustrations coming right out of the woods.

tumblr_inline_n2wafwLQm71riacmz.png

"Knock it off you pervert!"
Hiyori yowled, forcefully knocking Yato's headpatting hand away with a harsh punch. Normally she'd have done much worse, but right now, circumstances were different. She didn't even get to keep her attention on him for further battery, the female instead finding herself tensing as she was forcibly yanked away from what- despite her behavior hinting otherwise -was her source of comfort in the madness, handcuffs clamped onto her delicate wrists in rapid succession shortly after. Yet again, it occurred too fast for her to absorb it all, but it did earn a gasp. Especially when they did the same to her counterpart. She attempted to voice what she considered to be a logical and civil objection, but was quickly met with a taser to her side, instead letting out a cry and falling slightly limp, leaving her at the mercy of the officer manhandling her.

The trek to the cells was hazy, but Hiyori could vaguely make out her friend nearby, and tried her best to make sure she kept him in her slightly blurry sight. It felt almost like being tased had triggered that damn drowsiness spell of hers, but so far as she could tell, she was still conscious and in her regular body. By the time she really felt even remotely aware enough to tell for certain, she found that she was already in the cell, slumping against the wall and trying to blink away the last of the haze. A shaky glance was spared over her shoulder, eyes again searching for something unseen.

...No tail.

Wait. What was she thinking? Awareness was really coming back now, in the mental department at the very least, and she strained her eyes to glance around the cell. She hadn't been the only one dragged here. Yato... Yato and all of the others, too. Who the 'others' were, she wasn't so sure, but she knew they didn't belong here, either. But she couldn't find her voice to ask what was going on or if they were alright. Perhaps because she knew the answer.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @All​

Thanks to the help of the group, the goop and the creatures were cleaned up rather quickly. "Whew! Thanks a bundle!" The Piantas around were very happy to have that all clean. "Man, that Luigi...what a meanie he is! And that creepy monster too...this is worse than last time!"

"Well...I'm glad we could clean that mess up," Yumeko said, though she didn't really sound very happy. She looked to the Piantas. "Do you think you could help us get home? My friend too...she died in the plane crash, and her body…"

From the gate came two Piantas in police uniforms, accompanied by a young woman, who apparently had been the one to speak. She smiled at everyone, yet there was definitely something peculiar about her smile...as if there were something she knew that you didn't.

"...!" Yumeko froze upon seeing the woman, a look of bewilderment on her face. Perhaps she jogged her memory a little bit?

"I was in the gateway when I heard there was a crash, and criminals ravaging the Delfino Airstrip," she said. "Naturally, I alerted the police."

One of the officers nodded. "Oh yes, we need to take care of these troublemakers right away!"

"Huh? But they vanished..." Yumeko quickly turned her attention to the police officers. "Can you please help us? My friend Mary, in the plane, she-oh!"
View attachment 144992

The police officers began putting handcuffs on the rest of the group. "You're all under arrest!"

"A likely story! You can try pulling that cute highschooler act on the judge all you want, but it won't fool us, you band of rogues!" You would find yourself handcuffed, and tased if you tried to resist. Starlow would have a rope tied around her, since she didn't have hands. Either way, everyone would be ushered off into a ferry and herded off to the main island. There isn't much ceremony as all of you are brought into a jail cell, with someone already in there.

"Oh look who it is. The friggin pigs." The large hulking beast said with a snarl before standing up and balling up his fists. "You come t'let me outta here? Or do you want me to give you a grade A pummeling and make you let me out?" Bowser asked, not paying too much mind to his new cell mates.

"Quiet, you!" The officer looks at you all. "We'll come pick you all up tonight for your trial. In the meantime, you can talk to your cellmate if you want company. We tend to avoid conversing with criminals. But if you try to cause a ruckus…" The officer pulled out his taser to make a point. "You can also request for your lawyer, but, uh…" He exchanged a nervous glance at his coworker. "...listen, just confess to being guilty. Please."

Looks like you don't have many options. You can request your attorney, or chat with this cellmate of yours. Yumeko sits by the wall, silent.
View attachment 144991
"........"

----------------------

Elsewhere in the main plaza, in an alleyway hidden by crates, an arguement was taking place.

"You fuckin' dumbass!"

SMACK! "Ow!" Shadow Luigi held his cheek, glaring at the creature before him. "What the fuck was that for?!"
latest

"You know exactly what the fuck that was for! Heel Lesson 101: Don't Look Like A Jackass! I thought we agreed you would stay silent!"

"Well, initially, yeah, but why not spice things up? Y'know...add an accent, taunt them all..." SMACK! "Ow! Stop that!"

"Oh, and you're not, Mr. Freshwater-Is-My-Weakness? I thought that was the whole point of this damn thing!"

"The plan is to be threatening enough that we keep them in line, but weak enough that they're in a false sense of security! Not run around lookin' like Freddy fuckin' Fazbear!"

"The fact that you don't know is why you cannot fuck this up! I swear to God, don't you fuck this up for me. Cuz if you do..."

@Khan of the Mardu @York @Verite @dark @thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Kentucky @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Otto @ShiroKiyoshi @Gummi Bunnies @Glostechk @Archmage Jeremiah @Bucky @Cromartie Sarkissian @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mari

Left truly thunderstruck by the sheer incompetency of the local guard, Risky Boots wasn't sure if she should laugh, or insult their idiocy.

fx_cine_risky_pose_3.png

So, she did both at once. It all came out a mess, but it didn't spare anyone from hearing her run her sailor mouth.

Eventually, the foul-mouthed pirate did begin to slow down, and buckled forward to prop herself against the bars of the holding cell. Raising a finger through them in request, Risky Boots finally spoke coherently, albeit through heaving breaths.
"I want...to speak...to my lawyer, please!"

@Yun Lee @Basically Everyone

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
The guards exchanged looks, then sighed. "...okay." One left, then brought the lawyer in. In a sexy attorney outfit, it was none other than...

maxresdefault.jpg

"My, my. Looks like you all got a bit naughty~"

@Archmage Jeremiah

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty

View attachment 144992

View attachment 144991
"........"

----------------------

"You fuckin' dumbass!"

latest

"B-B-Bowser?! What are you doing here?"
Luigi asked, taking a step back due to the shock of not only seeing a clone of himself swear up a storm, which was followed by him and everyone else getting arrested, but now he was sharing a cell with the Koopa King himself!

latest

"I could be sayin' the same thing t'you losers. Never thought I'd be sharin' a cell with some twerpy little do-gooders like you." Bowser said, his voice coming off as a low growl to anyone that was paying attention to him besides Luigi. After a moment, the Koopa King took a seat on his bed and cocked a brow. "Wait... where's yer brother at?"

"He's... he's not here." Luigi replied sheepishly, purposely avoiding Bowser's gaze as he spoke.

FortunateQuarrelsomeArmednylonshrimp-max-1mb.gif

"GAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!! Ain't that a kick in the friggin' head?!" The Koopa bellowed, stomping his foot on the ground so hard that literally everyone who was present in the cell could feel the ground shake as he did so.

Once he finally finished laughing, Bowser wiped a tear from his eye.
"What, did 'ole Mario send you chumps on an all expense payed vacation to the crappiest island in the whole galaxy?"

"N-no! We were-a kidnapped!" Luigi stated matter-of-factly, though it was still obvious that he was uncomfortable talking to Bowser.

"Suuuuure you were."

"Does anyone else think we're being thrown about at the whim of others who have no understanding of our situation? First the captain kidnapping us to put us on a plane, then the flight assistant going mad and crashing it, and now some uniformed woman who acts as if she has authority over us?"

It was with a heavy dose of annoyance at the situation that Alesha spoke, sitting in the cell with the others. She understood somewhat the situation they were in; clearly some form of guards had taken them to a prison of some kind. However, what she didn't understand was the fact that no one seemed in their right mind outside of their group.

"Not even allowed to plead our case... shamed for crimes we didn't commit... What a disgrace to the honor of this island's people. To pledge guilt in this situation is not the course I shall take."

Whether or not anyone would listen to her didn't matter; she simply wished to voice her grievances and be done with them for the moment. Yusuke and Luigi were the only ones she even expected to comment on them, and she dioubted they would have much to add. So, isntead of waiting for her comrades to comment, she looked to the beast who occupied the cell with them, the turtle-dragon crossbreed, and shrugged, "So then, were you accused falsely as well? I doubt this island can stand the sight of outsiders if they'll round anyone and accuse them of false charges."

Bowser peered down at Alesha, dismissing her question just as soon as it was asked.

"Pbbbbbbbbfffffffftbth." Bowser let out this noise when the question was asked, answering it after he let said noise draw on for about twenty seconds. " 'Falsely accused? PUH LEASE! I'm the evilest person around. You ain't gonna ever meet someone as bad or as super awesome as me!"

"Very well, I can agree to this," Yusuke replied with a nod when Alesha would agree to be drawn again, but suggest they finish cleaning up the area first. The boy glanced to Luigi again when he would explain about his brother. "Ah, you have a brother? That must be nice," he said, gazing off quietly for a moment. "Maybe luck will favor us and we shall cross paths with him eventually," the artist added, trying to be hopeful.

Before he knew it, Yusuke ended up cuffed and sent with their group to a cell. "This feels familiar to me," he said with a frown. "This isn't the first time I've found myself void of hope, sitting within a cell. Have you ever found yourself in such a lackluster place before?" he asked the khan. He then glanced to their mysterious cellmate that Alesha spoke to, curiously watching her. "What might your name be, miss?" he questioned politely.

Rita Hanson

Rita was silent. What the hell had just happened? Like- where these creatures that stupid to believe that they were rouges when they hadn't just arrived? Ugh- she was really annoyed by this. She didn't even want to know what attorney they would give them and instead turned to the turtle and decided to add a follow-up question. " Also, what is your name?" She asked. God, she wished she had something to do.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore
Bowser cocked a brow and looked over to Rita and Yusuke next when they asked him for his name.

"Did you dumbies not hear the Green Loser? I'm Bowser! The Koopa King! The worst'a the worst!"

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Archmage Jeremiah @Midnight Maiden @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Kentucky

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi

Before he knew it, Yusuke ended up cuffed and sent with their group to a cell. "This feels familiar to me," he said with a frown. "This isn't the first time I've found myself void of hope, sitting within a cell. Have you ever found yourself in such a lackluster place before?" he asked the khan. He then glanced to their mysterious cellmate that Alesha spoke to, curiously watching her. "What might your name be, miss?" he questioned politely.

"Once. When I was a child and before I took my grandmother's name. Theyears before I was a warrior and recognized for who I truly was were dark times."

No bravado or passion was uttered in that simple answer to her friend. Instead, only a solemn expression that quickly reverted to interest in the large reptilian creature who sat in a cell with them.

The guards exchanged looks, then sighed. "...okay." One left, then brought the lawyer in. In a sexy attorney outfit, it was none other than...

maxresdefault.jpg

@Archmage Jeremiah

Suddenly, Alesha felt all hope for a fair and proper trial of words leave her heart.

"B-B-Bowser?! What are you doing here?" Luigi asked, taking a step back due to the shock of not only seeing a clone of himself swear up a storm, which was followed by him and everyone else getting arrested, but now he was sharing a cell with the Koopa King himself!

latest

"I could be sayin' the same thing t'you losers. Never thought I'd be sharin' a cell with some twerpy little do-gooders like you." Bowser said, his voice coming off as a low growl to anyone that was paying attention to him besides Luigi. After a moment, the Koopa King took a seat on his bed and cocked a brow. "Wait... where's yer brother at?"

"He's... he's not here." Luigi replied sheepishly, purposely avoiding Bowser's gaze as he spoke.

"GAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!! Ain't that a kick in the friggin' head?!" The Koopa bellowed, stomping his foot on the ground so hard that literally everyone who was present in the cell could feel the ground shake as he did so.

"What, did 'ole Mario send you chumps on an all expense payed vacation to the crappiest island in the whole galaxy?"

"N-no! We were-a kidnapped!" Luigi stated matter-of-factly, though it was still obvious that he was uncomfortable talking to Bowser.

"Suuuuure you were."

Bowser peered down at Alesha, dismissing her question just as soon as it was asked.

"Pbbbbbbbbfffffffftbth." Bowser let out this noise when the question was asked, answering it after he let said noise draw on for about twenty seconds. " 'Falsely accused? PUH LEASE! I'm the evilest person around. You ain't gonna ever meet someone as bad or as super awesome as me!"

Bowser cocked a brow and looked over to Rita and Yusuke next when they asked him for his name.

"Did you dumbies not hear the Green Loser? I'm Bowser! The Koopa King! The worst'a the wo--" Bowser stopped himself mid-sentence when he fully realized what Yusuke had said.

"...did you just call me a Miss, ya little twerp?"

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Archmage Jeremiah @Midnight Maiden @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Kentucky

"Hmph, the evilest person? Doubtful - equally doubtful is you being the most... awesome as you put it," Alesha dismissed right back with a shrug and now almost bored expression. Most of her interest was gone in the man with that answer, and it would take a great deal to bring it back if their conversation continued, "Tell me, king, what great achievements do you boast of to Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, Khan of the Mardu? I wish to know what my equal in status has done to find himself in the same cell as me."

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @justeveryone

Ritsuka smiled at the two and nodded. We're these two Servants of some kind? People of the era? She was a bit confused, but decided to roll with it.

"Alright! So, we have The Flight Data Recorder in the Tail section, and the Cockpit Voice Recorder in the cockpit." she said. "Which one do you want to get?"

@Black Box Crew

"Flight Data Recorder for me!"

View attachment 144992

View attachment 144991
"........"

Luigi asked, taking a step back due to the shock of not only seeing a clone of himself swear up a storm, which was followed by him and everyone else getting arrested, but now he was sharing a cell with the Koopa King himself!

latest

"Suuuuure you were."

"Did you dumbies not hear the Green Loser? I'm Bowser! The Koopa King! The worst'a the worst!"

Hauled to jail in a flash.

"You're right, this is likely the foil of an enemy force," Ernesti agrees with Alesha. "The flight attendant, the stag demon, the odd lady who alerted the police and shadow Luigi are in cahoots."

r1ltfBe.jpg

"So, King Bowser, the Koopa King, was it? My name is Ernesti Echevalier. I am the Commander of the Order of the Silver Phoenix and the next head of House Echevalier. I'd like to know the details of what occured to land you in this jail cell, so that we can compare and contrast it to our circumstances," Ernesti Echevalier greets the reptillian fiend politely, bowing in a way one would bow to a king of the medieval era - a hand across the chest and a light bend before returning up.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Archmage Jeremiah @Midnight Maiden @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Kentucky @Takumi @Mari

Last edited:

View attachment 144992

View attachment 144991
"........"

----------------------

"You fuckin' dumbass!"

latest

Prison, one place a boy his age would not expect to be. He sat int he cell, quietly, not sure what to make of all of this. However, he did his best to remain calm and focus on making a plan to get through this.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @anyone​

"Once. When I was a child and before I took my grandmother's name. Theyears before I was a warrior and recognized for who I truly was were dark times."

No bravado or passion was uttered in that simple answer to her friend. Instead, only a solemn expression that quickly reverted to interest in the large reptilian creature who sat in a cell with them.

Suddenly, Alesha felt all hope for a fair and proper trial of words leave her heart.

"Hmph, the evilest person? Doubtful - equally doubtful is you being the most... awesome as you put it," Alesha dismissed right back with a shrug and now almost bored expression. Most of her interest was gone in the man with that answer, and it would take a great deal to bring it back if their conversation continued, "Tell me, king, what great achievements do you boast of to Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, Khan of the Mardu? I wish to know what my equal in status has done to find himself in the same cell as me."

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @justeveryone
"Well let's see...." Bowser said as he began to list his off his so-called "achievements" on his fingers. "I have a super awesome and strong army, all of which fear and respect me. I have an even more awesome castle with cool looking lava all in it, plus spikes and fireballs and a bunch of other cool stuff that you don't have. I also got a clown car that shoots fire, plus I can shoot fire outta my own friggin mouth: another thing that you losers can't do. Plus, I got a super hot girlfriend that's also the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom!" Bowser said, smirking as he crossed his arms, as if he had just proved some kind of point.

That is, he was smirking until Luigi spoke up again.
"Uhh... Princess Peach isn't your girlfriend, Bowser." Luigi said, causing Bowser to clench his fists and grit his teeth in anger.

"She is too, Green Stache!! Yer just jealous cause you ain't got one!!!" Bowser yelled, his booming voice so loud that it could even heard by even the guards outside of their cell.
"Flight Data Recorder for me!"

Hauled to jail in a flash.

"You're right, this is likely the foil of an enemy force," Ernesti agrees with Alesha. "The flight attendant, the stag demon, the odd lady who alerted the police and shadow Luigi are in cahoots."

r1ltfBe.jpg

"So, King Bowser, the Koopa King, was it? My name is Ernesti Echevalier. I am the Commander of the Order of the Silver Phoenix and the next head of House Echevalier. I'd like to know the details of what occured to land you in this jail cell, so that we can compare and contrast it to our circumstances," Ernesti Echevalier greets the reptillian fiend politely, bowing in a way one would bow to a king of the medieval era - a hand across the chest and a light bend before returning up.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Archmage Jeremiah @Midnight Maiden @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Kentucky @Takumi @Mari
Bowser blinked in response, not being able to comprehend what Echevalier had said.

"Uh....what?"

"She-a wants to know how you got here." Luigi said, earning a scoff from Bowser.

"I knew that. I was just... thinkin' of an answer, is all." Bowser said, although it was obvious by his tone that he was lying. "Well I came here cause I got a sweet volcano base called Corona Mountain here. Real nice vacation spot. Heckuva lot better than them cheap hotels they got here." Leaning back into the wall and propping his feet up on the bed, Bowser continued.

"But when I got here, turned out that some chump named Kirari Momobami took the place over. Next thing I know, I'm thrown in jail by them Pianta losers cause'a somethin' that happened like... a few years ago I think." Bowser said, sounding annoyed as he spoke.

Bowser's story piqued Luigi's interest, to say the least.
"Wait... wasn't that when Mario was here?" Luigi asked, earning a loud sigh from Bowser.

"Yes, idiot, that was when your stupid brother was here." The Koopa replied with an eye roll.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kentucky @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @whoever

Okay. So that explanation was logical, really. He had been trying to protect her, just as he always did. It was a sweet thing, and something that the teen definitely appreciated. It displayed that Yato cared for her, despite his effort to make her leave him alone, which was something she was glad he reciprocated. But right now, she found herself too intoxicated with embarrassment from the way he pulled her against him to care. Especially when he followed up with gentle, affectionate hand placed against her head. Which, of course, was met by the female's blush returning full-force, her frustrations coming right out of the woods.

tumblr_inline_n2wafwLQm71riacmz.png

"Knock it off you pervert!"
Hiyori yowled, forcefully knocking Yato's headpatting hand away with a harsh punch. Normally she'd have done much worse, but right now, circumstances were different. She didn't even get to keep her attention on him for further battery, the female instead finding herself tensing as she was forcibly yanked away from what- despite her behavior hinting otherwise -was her source of comfort in the madness, handcuffs clamped onto her delicate wrists in rapid succession shortly after. Yet again, it occurred too fast for her to absorb it all, but it did earn a gasp. Especially when they did the same to her counterpart. She attempted to voice what she considered to be a logical and civil objection, but was quickly met with a taser to her side, instead letting out a cry and falling slightly limp, leaving her at the mercy of the officer manhandling her.

The trek to the cells was hazy, but Hiyori could vaguely make out her friend nearby, and tried her best to make sure she kept him in her slightly blurry sight. It felt almost like being tased had triggered that damn drowsiness spell of hers, but so far as she could tell, she was still conscious and in her regular body. By the time she really felt even remotely aware enough to tell for certain, she found that she was already in the cell, slumping against the wall and trying to blink away the last of the haze. A shaky glance was spared over her shoulder, eyes again searching for something unseen.

...No tail.

Wait. What was she thinking? Awareness was really coming back now, in the mental department at the very least, and she strained her eyes to glance around the cell. She hadn't been the only one dragged here. Yato... Yato and all of the others, too. Who the 'others' were, she wasn't so sure, but she knew they didn't belong here, either. But she couldn't find her voice to ask what was going on or if they were alright. Perhaps because she knew the answer.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @All​

"What the hell, I'm not-" holding his cheek, Yato sadly wouldn't be able to retort before Hiyori and him were cuffed, and she was tased, causing him to try and get to her, and check to see if she was alright. He wouldn't get the chance until they were put in cells.

"Hiyori? Hey, you there?" he nudged her gently. He was a bit worried that she might end up unconscious, but she seemed to be hanging in there like a champ.

@Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee

"Well let's see...." Bowser said as he began to list his off his so-called "achievements" on his fingers. "I have a super awesome and strong army, all of which fear and respect me. I have an even more awesome castle with cool looking lava all in it, plus spikes and fireballs and a bunch of other cool stuff that you don't have. I also got a clown car that shoots fire, plus I can shoot fire outta my own friggin mouth: another thing that you losers can't do. Plus, I got a super hot girlfriend that's also the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom!" Bowser said, smirking as he crossed his arms, as if he had just proved some kind of point.

"Uhh... Princess Peach isn't your girlfriend, Bowser." Luigi said, causing Bowser to clench his fists and grit his teeth in anger.

"She is too, Green Stache!! Yer just jealous cause you ain't got one!!!" Bowser yelled, his booming voice so loud that it could even heard by even the guards outside of their cell.

Bowser blinked in response, not being able to comprehend what Echevalier had said.

"Uh....what?"

"She-a wants to know how you got here." Luigi said, earning a scoff from Bowser.

"I knew that. I was just... thinkin' of an answer, is all." Bowser said, although it was obvious by his tone that he was lying. "Well I came here cause I got a sweet volcano base called Corona Mountain here. Real nice vacation spot. Heckuva lot better than them cheap hotels they got here." Leaning back into the wall and propping his feet up on the bed, Bowser continued.

"But when I got here, turned out that some chump named Kirari Momobami took the place over. Next thing I know, I'm thrown in jail by them Pianta losers cause'a somethin' that happened like... a few years ago I think." Bowser said, sounding annoyed as he spoke.

"Wait... wasn't that when Mario was here?" Luigi asked, earning a loud sigh from Bowser.

"Yes, idiot, that was when your stupid brother was here." The Koopa replied with an eye roll.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kentucky @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @whoever
"Hmph. A poor braggart, and a poorer liar."

Now all interest was lost as Alesha turned her head from the beast, unimpressed and no longer considering him his equal, "Any leader can claim an army that follows them to war, but only the greatest can claim to lead them into the heart of battle. Any verminous dragon can claim to spew flames, yet it is the braver warrior who can face those flames with sword in hand and refuse to bow. A castle matters little to my people; we are nomads, the raiders who mothers tell their children to fear in order to cow them into submission."

"As for a lover... I have no comment on that matter beyond the apparent falsity of it as my comrade pointed out," The khan uttered with a shrug, "And even if he does not have a lover now, he seems a fairer man than you are, king. Needless rage is unbecoming of a leader - passion must be saved for the clash of wills in battle, not for the discussion of peers."

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
"Kirari Momobami...?" Yumeko jumped to her feet, a fiery look on her face. "I know who that is! That's the student council president at my school! And...she was the one with the officers earlier!"

"She's also a respected resident of our island!" The officer interjected. "Miss Momobami has generously donated large sums of money to our villages!"

Yumeko sighed. "It seems that's all I can remember...nothing else about her."

I-No leaned on the bars. "You're awfully bland without those memories of yours, huh? Memories do make a person who they are, after all."

"Well...maybe I'll be able to remember more as time goes on! I wonder what kind of girl I was..."

maxresdefault.jpg

@Archmage Jeremiah

Patrick Star not my wallet - YouTube

"Har, har." Risky Boots mumbled out past her hand before slumping further against the bars, "You got us - good for you. Due entirely to those beady-eyed buffoons who call themselves 'guards'. I'm willing to bet you know the pig-tailed scallywag who lied to them, too, am I right?" she accused the witch with frustration abundantly present in her voice. But, breathing a coarse sigh, Risky practically collapsed against the bars now, and lazily let her head fall forward into one with the dull ringing of struck metal accompanying the impact. "What do you want? Villains like us always want something, so spit it out, hornswaggler," Risky asked after calming down some. Not even her frown appeared very angry.

@Yun Lee

I-No smiled. "Why, I want what any good lawyer wants, darling: to get my clients free! But with such a rude bunch like you...you may all be facing a few years in the slammer." She clicked her tongue, shaking her head mournfully. "Oh well...what can you expect from a-what was it-oh! Right. 'A walking talking striptease'."

@Archmage Jeremiah

latest

"Suuuuure you were."

"Uh....what?"

"Kirari Momobami...?" Yumeko jumped to her feet, a fiery look on her face. "I know who that is! That's the student council president at my school! And...she was the one with the officers earlier!"

"She's also a respected resident of our island!" The officer interjected. "Miss Momobami has generously donated large sums of money to our villages!"

I-No leaned on the bars. "You're awfully bland without those memories of yours, huh? Memories do make a person who they are, after all."

"Well...maybe I'll be able to remember more as time goes on! I wonder what kind of girl I was..."
I-No smiled. "Why, I want what any good lawyer wants, darling: to get my clients free! But with such a rude bunch like you...you may all be facing a few years in the slammer." She clicked her tongue, shaking her head mournfully. "Oh well...what can you expect from a-what was it-oh! Right. 'A walking talking striptease'."
029.png

"So you're Bowser? Luigi told me about you! You don't even try to hide how bad you are!" The child exclaimed as he sat down, looking up at the unsavory creature. Gon had met all sorts of colorful characters in his travels, but right off the bat Bowser had a pretty distinct and out-there appearance. The "evil and lovin' it" persona, however, was all too familiar, between Hisoka and Genthru, among others. Unfortunately, it seemed that there were just lots of people who enjoyed having a kick at the expense of others.

Still, if Bowser wasn't exaggerating or lying (which actually would have been a big possibility if not for the familiarity Luigi had with his character), he certainly had a lot of resources between a great big army and a volcano base at his disposal... which led one to wonder what he was even doing here in captivity anyway, until of course Bowser went ahead and had enough courtesy to explain his situation himself.

028.png

"Kirari Momobami..." Gon repeated the name to himself, trying to memorize it, before looking up at Bowser again, "Did she have... really light hair and blue eyes, by any chance? I wonder..." He murmured to himself, before Yumeko's exclamation confirmed his creeping suspicions.

The question remained though, how did Kirari and Yumeko link back to everything else? Not even the raven-haired girl herself knew, it seemed.

Hopping to his feet, Gon looked up to I-No. "Hey, lady? Are you really gonna help us get out of here? I don't think any of us should really be here, so I'd be really happy if you could!" He requested naively, any thought of possible foul play being involved going straight over his head.

And then she didn't do the thing.

"Hey, c'moooon! Isn't there anything you can or would be willing to do for us?!"
He whined, lips twisting into a sad frown. This was really not what he expected to be doing when he woke up today.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Others

"Well, that all depends, short stuff." I-No responded to Gon, but her gaze was fixated on Risky. "Maybe if the lavender landlubber here were to, oh, I don't know...apologize for her little comments earlier, I'd be much more inclined to help you all."

@Verite @Archmage Jeremiah

Now all interest was lost as Alesha turned her head from the beast, unimpressed and no longer considering him his equal, "Any leader can claim an army that follows them to war, but only the greatest can claim to lead them into the heart of battle. Any verminous dragon can claim to spew flames, yet it is the braver warrior who can face those flames with sword in hand and refuse to bow. A castle matters little to my people; we are nomads, the raiders who mothers tell their children to fear in order to cow them into submission."

"As for a lover... I have no comment on that matter beyond the apparent falsity of it as my comrade pointed out," The khan uttered with a shrug, "And even if he does not have a lover now, he seems a fairer man than you are, king. Needless rage is unbecoming of a leader - passion must be saved for the clash of wills in battle, not for the discussion of peers."
"....shut up." Was all Bowser could say in response to Alesha, which earned a snicker from Luigi. Bowser heard the plumber's little snicker, causing him to turn to him and point directly at him.

"Can it, Green Stache!"

029.png

"So you're Bowser? Luigi told me about you! You don't even try to hide how bad you are!" The child exclaimed as he sat down, looking up at the unsavory creature. Gon had met all sorts of colorful characters in his travels, but right off the bat Bowser had a pretty distinct and out-there appearance. The "evil and lovin' it" persona, however, was all too familiar, between Hisoka and Genthru, among others. Unfortunately, it seemed that there were just lots of people who enjoyed having a kick at the expense of others.

Still, if Bowser wasn't exaggerating or lying (which actually would have been a big possibility if not for the familiarity Luigi had with his character), he certainly had a lot of resources between a great big army and a volcano base at his disposal... which led one to wonder what he was even doing here in captivity anyway, until of course Bowser went ahead and had enough courtesy to explain his situation himself.

028.png

"Kirari Momobami..." Gon repeated the name to himself, trying to memorize it, before looking up at Bowser again, "Did she have... really light hair and blue eyes, by any chance? I wonder..." He murmured to himself, before Yumeko's exclamation confirmed his creeping suspicions.

The question remained though, how did Kirari and Yumeko link back to everything else? Not even the raven-haired girl herself knew, it seemed.

Hopping to his feet, Gon looked up to I-No. "Hey, lady? Are you really gonna help us get out of here? I don't think any of us should really be here, so I'd be really happy if you could!" He requested naively, any thought of possible foul play being involved going straight over his head.

And then she didn't do the thing.

"Hey, c'moooon! Isn't there anything you can or would be willing to do for us?!" He whined, lips twisting into a sad frown. This was really not what he expected to be doing when he woke up today.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Others
"Wait... so you mean t'tell me that you idiots saw her and didn't do nothin' to her?" Bowser asked, sounding annoyed before making the same noise with his lips that he did earlier. "Pffft.. Guess I shouldn'ta expected anything more from some goody two-shoe wimps like you. I know that when I see her, she's gonna get a five star pummeling from yers truly. And if she still don't gimme back my volcano, it's a double pummelin' for her!" Bowser announced angrily, punctuating his sentence by slamming his fist against his palm to further prove his point.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @whoever

"Uh....what?"

"In our circumstances," Ernesti responded to Bowser, "an odd lady - silver hair, blue-green eyes..."

Ernesti looks around for a bit.

"... and blue lipstick - told the authorities, comprised of Piantas in police gear, that we were rogues who were here to cause trouble. After that, we were immediately arrested."

Yumeko's sudden outburst alerted Ernesti.

"A student council president? Something's up. Anyways, King Bowser, have you attempted a jailbreak before?"

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Kentucky @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @whoever​

"....shut up." Was all Bowser could say in response to Alesha, which earned a snicker from Luigi. Bowser heard the plumber's little snicker, causing him to turn to him and point directly at him.

"Can it, Green Stache!"

"Wait... so you mean t'tell me that you idiots saw her and didn't do nothin' to her?" Bowser asked, sounding annoyed before making the same noise with his lips that he did earlier. "Pffft.. Guess I shouldn'ta expected anything more from some goody two-show wimps like you. I know that when I see her, she's gonna get a five star pummeling from yers truly. And if she still don't gimme back my volcano, it's a double pummelin' for her!" Bowser announced angrily, punctuating his sentence by slamming his fist against his palm to further prove his point.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @whoever
"No. You are no king of mine, and I will not bend the knee to a lizard, whether it be one that soars through the sky or one that languishes in a prison cell, proclaiming hollow and past glory."

Harsh and curt, Alesha cut back at the koopa without a moment's hesitation, uncaring if she sparked his anger again. Not an ounce of respect remained in her mind for the behemoth.

"Hey! No one will be going after Miss Momobami! She's a wonderful young woman who has aided tourism and infrastructure a ton! If a girl like her thinks you're all criminals, then chances are she's totally right!" The officer shot Ernesti a stern glare. "Don't even think about staging a jailbreak, kid! Or else we'll have to put you in solitary!"

"But we don't have solitary confinement..."

"Shh! I'll just put him in the broom closet!"

@thatguyinthestore @Crow