Status
Not open for further replies.
Karol fell forward slightly as Beowulf patted him on the back. Geez, that guy was so strong... He was surprised to learn it had been a test of some sort, though Karol wasn't entirely sure if it had been intended as that from the start. Regardless, Beowulf seemed pleased with his response, which made Karol feel rather relieved. For someone as old as Beowulf, or well, even people as old as Yuri, Karol felt a strong sense of accomplishment in proving himself in their eyes. He was going to be the most awesome kid there ever was!

However, Karol felt a little sore at Gaara joining the Wulfpack over Brave Vesperia. He tried not to let it show on his face, as he had never asked Gaara to join, but it might have been nice to have Gaara be a part of his crew.

V7k6hnJ.png

As for Idoun, Karol wasn't entirely sure how to respond at first. In fact, he had to take a moment just to try determine what she was even saying. "I, um..." He felt like everyone was looking at him suddenly, even it was Idoun who was drawing the most stares. She was addressing him directly, looking for an answer from him. Now was probably one of those times Karol should have put his foot in his mouth, but he tried to grasp at an acceptable response despite that. "I'm sorry. I think. I guess, even if you are a demon or are plotting some evil stuff, you're still... a person. Like, a living person! Even if you did go on to do something bad, I won't regret what I did... helping out people who are hurting is justice. It's what Brave Vesperia stands for!"

Karol crossed his arms, looking pleased with his answer. He felt he managed to convey what was on his mind in a clear manner. "So, you don't have to return the favor, it's just what I do, okay? If you do try and hurt people... I'll be the one to stop you, Idoun, for that is justice as well!"

@TheBlueBurch @Lizzy @Verite @Rock Knight

The fridge's power cord was snapped apart, and one could assume that it was too much pressure of the poor cord. There were no peculiar marks on the back of the fridge itself, showing that no one could had just pushed the fridge off balance and causing it to crush poor Rika.

image.png

"Um... maybe I'll take a look on the cord..." Sukuna mumbled as she decided to throw off the bedsheets off of herself, floating over to where the snapped ends of the power cord was.

"... actually, it didn't snap, it's more like... um, something chewed on the cord until it snapped... Er... is there a rat problem in here?"

@york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @ResistingTheEnlightened @Kaykay
Chewed through? Hmm...

"I don't really know much about this place, maybe we should ask someone about that."

Whatever was chewing it almost had to be doing it intentionally. It'd be way too hard to chew it beforehand and predict it happening, so whatever it was had to be chewing it as Rika walked by. Or the poor girl just had some of the worst luck in the world.

"Can you tell how big whatever was chewing it was?"​

Gaara was still wary of the white haired wench. More so when she barged in with what seemed like such an antagonistic attitude. But it probably annoyed him more since it seemed like an exaggerated version of how he used to act before others like Karol, Beowulf, and Kyon got through to him. Only female and something about being a dragon. Did she have a tailed beast inside her as well? If that were the case than he pitied the beast inside her for having such a pathetic host. But he was still trying to get settled into the whole having friends thing so he didn't voice that comment aloud. What he did do was walk over so he'd be standing side by side with Karol and staring straight at Indoun.

"I'm going to ask that you do nothing more than be grateful for Karol deciding to heal you. I would have preferred leaving you to your own devices after you acted so antagonistic towards the two of us. But his good heart and act of kindness ruled over my cold hearted approach and yet here you storm in without even a slight hint of gratitude. It's quite amazing actually." The last part could have been taken two different ways. One being that Gaara expressed amazement at the attitude the chick was giving Karol or that he a former pyschopath/murderer was trying to talk down to someone.

Beowulf was still pretty confused.

tumblr_nmzb2l44vj1s5zwdxo1_500.png

"Sooooooo, are we all cool?"

@Atomyk @Verite @Rock Knight @Lizzy @Mari

Reactions: Takumi
Murderers weren't the only thing prowling around the camp grounds at the dead of night.

After her successful, and... seemingly amicable hostile takeover of cabin 23, Shiki had, for perhaps the first time, been left... truly nonplussed. She found herself watching the room's front door for a time, eyebrow raised skeptically, trying to determine if they were setting up an ambush of some kind; but no. On the surface, it seemed as though the two girls had simply complied with her demands willingly-- perhaps placidity was a trait that ran deep after however long they'd spent at the camp in such a loathsome state of non-resistance. It was reasonable enough to assume such. After all, what struggle did the gazelle offer the lion after a peaceful week's grazing?

But Ryougi knew better than that.

She was a deeply cynical, mistrustful person by nature. Death wasn't the only thing her eyes were accustomed to perceiving; dishonesty, too, was something they ended up witnessing more often than she would've honestly liked. The world was a cruel place, filled with liars and deviants, and so she regarded just about everything with the scathing eye of caution at first glance. It saved her a lot of trouble down the line. Made things easier.

So suffice to say, when the two girls the cabin belonged to simply rolled over and accepted her forceful intrusion, when she herself knew she was by all rights in the wrong... Shiki suspected foul play. She wasn't the sort to accept a gift horse if it looked like it'd spit in her eye; plus, the two pioneer campers offering no resistance made this completely pointless, anyways. The goal was to cause a scene, not deprive two innocent chicks of their stupid room... and since they hadn't moved any of their stuff out when they left, this was obviously a trap of some kind, anyway.

vub4zsx.png

"Sheesh, why'd they have to be so accommodating..." she complained petulantly, as though irritated that the two had chosen not to fight. They were such pushovers, it almost reminded her of Mikiya... even if they were planning a prank or something stupid like that. She had wasted her time in coming here, that much was clear.

Well, she wasn't going to waste any more of it.

With a weary sigh and a shake of the head, she left the procured key for the place on one of the dressers before casually leaving the room, giving Tsukimi a withering look that said "follow me if you want, I don't care" as she passed her. Whatever. She had better things to do than sleep, anyway. She had committed most of the map to memory when she got a chance to look at it, earlier, so she had a pretty good idea where she was going at this point... and among the camp's various facilities, a few buzzwords had stood out to her as places worth looking into. The question was, how did she go about doing so? Sure, she could've just gone it alone, but... that hadn't always worked out so well in the past. And who was she gonna count on if she found herself in a tight spot, or cornered by the killers in their midst? Princess Jellyfish over there?

To be frank, Shiki had almost zero self-worth. Her regard for her own life wasn't much higher. She hadn't felt a connection to her family since waking up from her coma and completely losing touch with her past life, and all the people with reason to hate her had played their hands and been killed by her. As it stood, only one person in the world cared about her either way; just one.

But that one person...

...Well, he was kinda like a puppy, anyway. She had to live, had to make it back home, or he probably wouldn't have a clue what to do with himself.

The idiot. Tch.

So, trying to find an ally of sorts... probably wouldn't have been a bad idea. She wanted to stay as far away from the major groups as she possibly could, but a single ally to confide in... well, that wouldn't have gone amiss.

Luckily, she already had a candidate in mind.

It wasn't hard for her to track the source of the general hubbub and commotion in the camp to the canteen, and while what she found when she arrived there didn't surprise her, it was... unfortunate.
Ryougi11.png

"Another one, huh...?"

That made two dead. The killers, whoever they were, were working quickly. Which meant she had to work quickly, too.

Good. A glimpse of the raven-colored head of hair and telltale bow told her what she needed to know... she was here already. Whatever opinions she may have had about her temperament, the girl seemed capable enough... and while Shiki was a long way from actually trusting anyone here, if she had to pick someone...

She tried to get her attention in her own way; a pair of shining blue eyes glinting from what happened to be one of the darker corners of the room, their owner hidden in the shadows, leaning up against the wall. Her left hand was extended before her, and as she tensed her digits over there, the application of force somehow traveled all the way across the room; far beyond a natural human's reach.

tumblr_mzmcevMulu1rec90to1_500.gif

In simple terms, it was as though an invisible ghost squeezed Blake's shoulder.

It'd only take a quick glance behind her to determine that wasn't the case, though, and if it succeeded in drawing her over as she hoped, Shiki didn't waste any time in getting to the point.

"I need your help."

@CCC Kouhai @Schnee Corp Lawyer @I suck at tags​

Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer
Idoun stared blankly at Karol for a few moments. She wasn't really sure what kind of answer she was expecting. She should have smote him and the PATHETIC worms crowded around them right here and now, but for some reason she... just couldn't. She was desperate to rationalize the situation in her head as best she could.

"I... you... I... I am NOT a person! I am the mythical DARK DRAGON! I am the messenger of death! I will break ALL OF YOU! I..."

She stopped. Suddenly, it all made sense. Why a mere child would not only not flee in utter TERROR, but would lend a hand - a weak, SQUISHY little hand - in the destruction of the world. It had been a long time since she could see this clearly. She failed to suppress her laughter.

"Hehehe... hahahahahahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" She fixed her gaze back onto Karol, a manic gleam in her eye. She knew what he wanted. This was fate.

"Yes... YES. I see now. You... of all people. For all your driveling about "justice", a child such as yourself... understands my VISION." She turned her back to everyone, to give them the illusion that she was thinking something over, but there was no need. She had already made up her mind.

"... VERY WELL." She turned to face Karol again. "You are a lucky boy, indeed, for you have caught the DARK DRAGON IDOUN on a very good day. And I will need many hands to help carry on my dark DESIGNS. Yes... I will grant you the honor of being my UNHOLY thrall. Together, we-" Gaara's voice had cut through her monologue. She fixed her eyes on him. She suddenly remembered that there were other people listening. A wicked smile crept up her face as she surveyed everyone around her. In her mind's eye, an empire was taking root.

"Ahahaha! This is PERFECT! All of you... just PERFECT. Together, we will sow seeds of CHAOS throughout the land. We will forever alter the course of history. With its dying breath, this WRETCHED world will curse our names. Bask in this moment, my PRECIOUS servants! Today is the dawn of a new era of DARKNESS." She could no longer hide the eagerness in her voice or on her face. Her running into these strange humans was more than just mere chance. It could only have been F.A.T.E...

@Atomyk @TheBlueBurch @Verite @Lizzy

Last edited by a moderator:
Idoun stared blankly at Karol for a few moments. She wasn't really sure what kind of answer she was expecting. She should have smote him and the PATHETIC worms crowded around them right here and now, but for some reason she... just couldn't. She was desperate to rationalize the situation in her head as best she could.

"I... you... I... I am NOT a person! I am the mythical DARK DRAGON! I am the messenger of death! I will break ALL OF YOU! I..."

She stopped. Suddenly, it all made sense. Why a mere child would not only not flee in utter TERROR, but would lend a hand - a weak, SQUISHY little hand - in the destruction of the world. It had been a long time since she could see this clearly. She failed to suppress her laughter.

"Hehehe... hahahahahahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" She fixed her gaze back onto Karol, a manic gleam in her eye. She knew what he wanted. This was fate.

"Yes... YES. I see now. You... of all people. For all your driveling about "justic a child such yourself... understands my VISION." She turned her back to everyone, to give them the illusion that she was thinking something over, but there was no need. She had already made up her mind.

"... VERY WELL." She turned to face Karol again. "You are a lucky boy, indeed, for you have caught the DARK DRAGON IDOUN on a very good day. And I will need many hands to help carry on my dark DESIGNS. Yes... I will grant you the honor of being my UNHOLY thrall. Together, we-" Gaara's voice had cut through her monologue. She fixed her eyes on him. She suddenly remembered that there were other people listening. A wicked smile crept up her face as she surveyed everyone around her. In her mind's eye, an empire was taking root.

"Ahahaha! This is PERFECT! All of you... just PERFECT. Together, we will sow seeds of CHAOS throughout the land. We will forever alter the course of history. With its dying breath, this WRETCHED world will curse our names. Bask in this moment, my PRECIOUS servants! Today is the dawn of a new era of DARKNESS." She could no longer hide the eagerness in her voice or on her face. Her running into these strange humans was more than just mere chance. It could only have been F.A.T.E...

@Atomyk @TheBlueBurch @Verite @Lizzy
tumblr_nrtui53AC91u1wxpxo4_500.gif

What in the world was this person going on about?! Did this person suffer from some damned chuunibyou? Well, then again, in this kind of place that may as well be the trash can of the universe where all sorts of universes were dumped together, it was as if he was in some sort of weird fantasy setting. Well, the characters anyway. 1980s Russian pioneer camp wasn't really that fantastical.

"You're absolutely crazy!" He exclaimed, just about stupefied with Idoun, "Where exactly do you get off?!"

@Rock Knight @Atomyk @TheBlueBurch @Lizzy @Wedge Antilles @CANTEEN PEEPS​

654a675e404db7aea824c168d40fa6a7.jpg

Yato scoffed at being called a servant. His demeanor took on a slight edge.

"Crazy is a good word to describe someone willing to call a god a servant of all things." Yato said in a low tone. Yeah, Idoun soured his mood with that one word and now Yato was showing characteristics of the old him....if only a bit.

@Atomyk @Verite @TheBlueBurch @Mari @Korra @Wedge Antilles @Rock Knight

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: FoxyAlice and Mari
"Oh my goodness!" Orie would wake up in a shock from her bed. Had she really been this exhausted that she had managed to sleep the night away? She had let her guard down, but that was a mistake she wasn't planning on repeating.

Getting out of bed she'd head towards the canteen, figuring that people would be gathered there. On the way she would have about the death of the boy she had talked to when they first arrived here. Her suspicions had been right...something more sinister was going on here.

Meanwhile in the canteen.

TOHSAKA had taken the opportunity to get herself something to eat before sitting down and listening to the conversations going on.

tumblr_nrtui53AC91u1wxpxo4_500.gif

What in the world was this person going on about?! Did this person suffer from some damned chuunibyou? Well, then again, in this kind of place that may as well be the trash can of the universe where all sorts of universes were dumped together, it was as if he was in some sort of weird fantasy setting. Well, the characters anyway. 1980s Russian pioneer camp wasn't really that fantastical.

"You're absolutely crazy!" He exclaimed, just about stupefied with Idoun, "Where exactly do you get off?!"

@Rock Knight @Atomyk @TheBlueBurch @Lizzy @Wedge Antilles @CANTEEN PEEPS​

"Some people are just a little special." She remarked to Kyon's outburst.

@Rock Knight @Atomyk @TheBlueBurch @Lizzy @Wedge Antilles @Verite

Murderers weren't the only thing prowling around the camp grounds at the dead of night.

After her successful, and... seemingly amicable hostile takeover of cabin 23, Shiki had, for perhaps the first time, been left... truly nonplussed. She found herself watching the room's front door for a time, eyebrow raised skeptically, trying to determine if they were setting up an ambush of some kind; but no. On the surface, it seemed as though the two girls had simply complied with her demands willingly-- perhaps placidity was a trait that ran deep after however long they'd spent at the camp in such a loathsome state of non-resistance. It was reasonable enough to assume such. After all, what struggle did the gazelle offer the lion after a peaceful week's grazing?

But Ryougi knew better than that.

She was a deeply cynical, mistrustful person by nature. Death wasn't the only thing her eyes were accustomed to perceiving; dishonesty, too, was something they ended up witnessing more often than she would've honestly liked. The world was a cruel place, filled with liars and deviants, and so she regarded just about everything with the scathing eye of caution at first glance. It saved her a lot of trouble down the line. Made things easier.

So suffice to say, when the two girls the cabin belonged to simply rolled over and accepted her forceful intrusion, when she herself knew she was by all rights in the wrong... Shiki suspected foul play. She wasn't the sort to accept a gift horse if it looked like it'd spit in her eye; plus, the two pioneer campers offering no resistance made this completely pointless, anyways. The goal was to cause a scene, not deprive two innocent chicks of their stupid room... and since they hadn't moved any of their stuff out when they left, this was obviously a trap of some kind, anyway.

vub4zsx.png

"Sheesh, why'd they have to be so accommodating..." she complained petulantly, as though irritated that the two had chosen not to fight. They were such pushovers, it almost reminded her of Mikiya... even if they were planning a prank or something stupid like that. She had wasted her time in coming here, that much was clear.

Well, she wasn't going to waste any more of it.

With a weary sigh and a shake of the head, she left the procured key for the place on one of the dressers before casually leaving the room, giving Tsukimi a withering look that said "follow me if you want, I don't care" as she passed her. Whatever. She had better things to do than sleep, anyway. She had committed most of the map to memory when she got a chance to look at it, earlier, so she had a pretty good idea where she was going at this point... and among the camp's various facilities, a few buzzwords had stood out to her as places worth looking into. The question was, how did she go about doing so? Sure, she could've just gone it alone, but... that hadn't always worked out so well in the past. And who was she gonna count on if she found herself in a tight spot, or cornered by the killers in their midst? Princess Jellyfish over there?

To be frank, Shiki had almost zero self-worth. Her regard for her own life wasn't much higher. She hadn't felt a connection to her family since waking up from her coma and completely losing touch with her past life, and all the people with reason to hate her had played their hands and been killed by her. As it stood, only one person in the world cared about her either way; just one.

But that one person...

...Well, he was kinda like a puppy, anyway. She had to live, had to make it back home, or he probably wouldn't have a clue what to do with himself.

The idiot. Tch.

So, trying to find an ally of sorts... probably wouldn't have been a bad idea. She wanted to stay as far away from the major groups as she possibly could, but a single ally to confide in... well, that wouldn't have gone amiss.

Luckily, she already had a candidate in mind.

It wasn't hard for her to track the source of the general hubbub and commotion in the camp to the canteen, and while what she found when she arrived there didn't surprise her, it was... unfortunate.
Ryougi11.png

"Another one, huh...?"

That made two dead. The killers, whoever they were, were working quickly. Which meant she had to work quickly, too.

Good. A glimpse of the raven-colored head of hair and telltale bow told her what she needed to know... she was here already. Whatever opinions she may have had about her temperament, the girl seemed capable enough... and while Shiki was a long way from actually trusting anyone here, if she had to pick someone...

She tried to get her attention in her own way; a pair of shining blue eyes glinting from what happened to be one of the darker corners of the room, their owner hidden in the shadows, leaning up against the wall. Her left hand was extended before her, and as she tensed her digits over there, the application of force somehow traveled all the way across the room; far beyond a natural human's reach.

It'd only take a quick glance behind her to determine that wasn't the case, though, and if it succeeded in drawing her over as she hoped, Shiki didn't waste any time in getting to the point.

"I need your help."

@CCC Kouhai @Schnee Corp Lawyer @I suck at tags​

Orie would have walked in to the canteen and spotted the girl called Shiki doing...something to get Blake's attention. Wait Blake? Hadn't she been in the cabin when Orie had walked in? I guess the heatstroke had played some tricks on her. Nevertheless Orie would walk up to the girls giving them a pleasant smile.

"Good evening to you." Orie felt like she was butting in on something private, but she felt both girls had a good head on their shoulders and she wanted to help.

@CCC Kouhai @Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers

"Crazy is a good word to describe someone willing to call a god a servant of all things." Yato said in a low tone. Yeah, Idoun soured his mood with that one word and now Yato was showing characteristics of the old him....if only a bit.

Alex kept his thoughts to himself, but Yato seemed pretty crazy, obsessed, whatever right now. "Okay then", he said, looking back at Katara, raising his eyebrows. Yukine seemed okay between the two but Yato was... in line with some of the other wackos present here.

@Lizzy @Korra @Verite @Atomyk @Rock Knight @TheBlueBurch

Reactions: Takumi and Cirilla
The fridge's power cord was snapped apart, and one could assume that it was too much pressure of the poor cord. There were no peculiar marks on the back of the fridge itself, showing that no one could had just pushed the fridge off balance and causing it to crush poor Rika.

image.png

"Um... maybe I'll take a look on the cord..." Sukuna mumbled as she decided to throw off the bedsheets off of herself, floating over to where the snapped ends of the power cord was.

"... actually, it didn't snap, it's more like... um, something chewed on the cord until it snapped... Er... is there a rat problem in here?"

@york @Schnee Corp Lawyer @ResistingTheEnlightened @Kaykay
Blake frowned and rubbed the back of her head as she finished her brief study of the fridge and cord. Well, if it didn't get pushed, it must have been pulled.

She supposed in theory it was actually possible this was an accident and that somehow the poor girl had just managed to pull the damn thing on top of herself, but that would have been a seriously obnoxious twist of fate when they were already dealing with a murderer. Maybe it had been pushed from the top-

"I need your help."
Well that threw Blake for a loop. She was not used to being the one stuck up on, and while she knew Shiki had come through the door she didn't know that she'd moved all the way over here, and the faunus whirled on-

Oh. She was still over there =w=. Apparently the girl could do more than fancy foot and knife work.

Given that she was pretty high on Blake's suspect list, based for now off the idea that hopefully one of their number wasn't being mind controlled, that didn't exactly fill her with great joy. Her eyes narrowed at the figure in the shadows before she quietly slipped off from the rest of the group around the fridge towards the shadowy corner Shiki had posted up in. She crossed her arms once she reached it, amber eyes almost glinting in the darkness as she leaned against the wall.

"You know the whole hide in a dark corner to look mysterious thing works a lot better when the person you're trying it on can't see in the dark. And sorry, but my teammate's the psychiatrist not me" She added dryly, for the most part not serious

@OrlandoBloomers

Yukio looked at Yato and saw something in him. Something she could very well relate to at times, as she might be, as well as some close to her, including the Wolverine himself. She then looked at Yukine.

tumblr_n4wzq3aSHD1qhfczto6_250.gif

"Your friend, he is quite a surprise after all", she said. "I wonder how it is you get along with him, and perhaps now I understand why you have me as your roommate instead of him."

@Lizzy @Atomyk @Verite @TheBlueBurch @Korra @Rock Knight @Wedge Antilles

Reactions: Takumi and Cirilla
Blake frowned and rubbed the back of her head as she finished her brief study of the fridge and cord. Well, if it didn't get pushed, it must have been pulled.

She supposed in theory it was actually possible this was an accident and that somehow the poor girl had just managed to pull the damn thing on top of herself, but that would have been a seriously obnoxious twist of fate when they were already dealing with a murderer. Maybe it had been pushed from the top-

Well that threw Blake for a loop. She was not used to being the one stuck up on, and while she knew Shiki had come through the door she didn't know that she'd moved all the way over here, and the faunus whirled on-

Oh. She was still over there =w=. Apparently the girl could do more than fancy foot and knife work.

Given that she was pretty high on Blake's suspect list, based for now off the idea that hopefully one of their number wasn't being mind controlled, that didn't exactly fill her with great joy. Her eyes narrowed at the figure in the shadows before she quietly slipped off from the rest of the group around the fridge towards the shadowy corner Shiki had posted up in. She crossed her arms once she reached it, amber eyes almost glinting in the darkness as she leaned against the wall.

"You know the whole hide in a dark corner to look mysterious thing works a lot better when the person you're trying it on can't see in the dark. And sorry, but my teammate's the psychiatrist not me" She added dryly, for the most part not serious

@OrlandoBloomers

"The kid? She probably needs psychiatric help herself."

Shiki bounced back at her with a calm smirk, seemingly unfazed by whatever coded insult Blake was insinuating. Fine. She'd clearly left too poor an impression for this to be anything more than a shaky alliance of circumstance, but she wasn't here to make friends anyway; she never needed them before now, and she wasn't about to start.

Even so... she couldn't help but feel the tiniest twinge of disappointment somewhere deep within her. She liked Blake's sass, if not her sentimentality.

The smirk faded, replaced by her customary grim expression as she crossed her arms.

"And I don't need the dark, I'm plenty mysterious by myself. But that's not the point. We--"
Orie would have walked in to the canteen and spotted the girl called Shiki doing...something to get Blake's attention. Wait Blake? Hadn't she been in the cabin when Orie had walked in? I guess the heatstroke had played some tricks on her. Nevertheless Orie would walk up to the girls giving them a pleasant smile.

"Good evening to you." Orie felt like she was butting in on something private, but she felt both girls had a good head on their shoulders and she wanted to help.
vub4zsx.png

Shiki was so done.

Following a brief period of silence that was tense enough to grate cheese with, the kimono-clad heiress flicked her gaze away from Orie and continued with what she'd been saying, as though the nun wasn't even there. She could tag along if she wanted, she guessed. How bad could a nun be?

"The murders are a farce. Someone is distracting us... and taunting us. Am I really the only one who sees it?"

She jerked a thumb in the direction of the collapsed refrigerator. The loss of life was too bad, but what grabbed her attention the most about the crime scene was the note recovered from the body... and the message it entailed.

"Break the cycle." It could mean any number of things, but for now I'm guessing it's saying Death isn't finished with this merry little summer camp just yet. The slaughter will continue, and for each victim, the same bunch of misfits will step forward to play amateur detective hour, aimlessly pointing fingers and making accusations until they're all dead or they stumble upon the one who stalks us; whichever comes first. With every victim, a routine. A perpetuating cycle."

She paused momentarily for effect, glancing between Blake and Orie with a dark look.

"All while the ones responsible for us being here watch... and laugh. There's no doubt these deaths are their handiwork; but they're using patsies. Muddling the waters with lesser thralls while they swim above it all, unnoticed and unimpeded... Tch."

There came a derisive scoff, Shiki tilting her head back before she continued.

"Cowards! They think we're all fools, or something. That we'll run around like headless chickens, clucking about these murders while they cackle and plot and do other stereotypical things in the meantime... well, I propose otherwise. There's a path to them, somewhere in this camp. I'll find it. Find the ones who brought us here. Then, even if they're a God..."

pLaoR.gif

"...I'll kill them."

Somehow, it was hard to doubt the sheer conviction in her tone.

"...But I might need help."

She added more quietly, her eyes fading from the dazzlingly beautiful (in the same sense as some of the deadliest species of flowers were also beautiful) shade of magenta-blue as she looked back at Blake. And Orie, she guessed. :|

"So... what I'm asking, is..." she hesitated, as if this was a difficult thing for her to do. "...to put my trust in you. And to receive the same in turn."

She waited expectantly, as though finished, before she realized just how stilted that sounded and coughed, hastily making an addition.

"Like... you two have my back, and I'll have yours. Ah, both of you," she ran a hand through her hair, obviously struggling with her phrasing a little here. how to talk like human???? "That we do whatever it is we do with... an understanding. You both seem decent, and I think I have enough sense not to pick the elusive killer when I ask to buddy up like this..."

She trailed off again. Agh, she was no good at this nonsense. If only Mikiya were here.

"Also... who the hell are you, anyway?"

That was directed, rather coarsely, at Orie. She had seen her around the place, and gotten enough of a vibe from her to know (or at least think) she wasn't a killer, but... she still had no idea who this woman was.

@Jeremi @Schnee Corp Lawyer

"The kid? She probably needs psychiatric help herself."

Shiki bounced back at her with a calm smirk, seemingly unfazed by whatever coded insult Blake was insinuating. Fine. She'd clearly left too poor an impression for this to be anything more than a shaky alliance of circumstance, but she wasn't here to make friends anyway; she never needed them before now, and she wasn't about to start.

Even so... she couldn't help but feel the tiniest twinge of disappointment somewhere deep within her. She liked Blake's sass, if not her sentimentality.

The smirk faded, replaced by her customary grim expression as she crossed her arms.

"And I don't need the dark, I'm plenty mysterious by myself. But that's not the point. We--"

vub4zsx.png

Shiki was so done.

Following a brief period of silence that was tense enough to grate cheese with, the kimono-clad heiress flicked her gaze away from Orie and continued with what she'd been saying, as though the nun wasn't even there. She could tag along if she wanted, she guessed. How bad could a nun be?

"The murders are a farce. Someone is distracting us... and taunting us. Am I really the only one who sees it?"

She jerked a thumb in the direction of the collapsed refrigerator. The loss of life was too bad, but what grabbed her attention the most about the crime scene was the note recovered from the body... and the message it entailed.

"Break the cycle." It could mean any number of things, but for now I'm guessing it's saying Death isn't finished with this merry little summer camp just yet. The slaughter will continue, and for each victim, the same bunch of misfits will step forward to play amateur detective hour, aimlessly pointing fingers and making accusations until they're all dead or they stumble upon the one who stalks us; whichever comes first. With every victim, a routine. A perpetuating cycle."

She paused momentarily for effect, glancing between Blake and Orie with a dark look.

"All while the ones responsible for us being here watch... and laugh. There's no doubt these deaths are their handiwork; but they're using patsies. Muddling the waters with lesser thralls while they swim above it all, unnoticed and unimpeded... Tch."

There came a derisive scoff, Shiki tilting her head back before she continued.

"Cowards! They think we're all fools, or something. That we'll run around like headless chickens, clucking about these murders while they cackle and plot and do other stereotypical things in the meantime... well, I propose otherwise. There's a path to them, somewhere in this camp. I'll find it. Find the ones who brought us here. Then, even if they're a God..."

pLaoR.gif

"...I'll kill them."

Somehow, it was hard to doubt the sheer conviction in her tone.

"...But I might need help."

She added more quietly, her eyes fading from the dazzlingly beautiful (in the same sense as some of the deadliest species of flowers were also beautiful) shade of magenta-blue as she looked back at Blake. And Orie, she guessed. :|

"So... what I'm asking, is..." she hesitated, as if this was a difficult thing for her to do. "...to put my trust in you. And to receive the same in turn."

She waited expectantly, as though finished, before she realized just how stilted that sounded and coughed, hastily making an addition.

"Like... you two have my back, and I'll have yours. Ah, both of you," she ran a hand through her hair, obviously struggling with her phrasing a little here. how to talk like human???? "That we do whatever it is we do with... an understanding. You both seem decent, and I think I have enough sense not to pick the elusive killer when I ask to buddy up like this..."

She trailed off again. Agh, she was no good at this nonsense. If only Mikiya were here.

"Also... who the hell are you, anyway?"

That was directed, rather coarsely, at Orie. She had seen her around the place, and gotten enough of a vibe from her to know (or at least think) she wasn't a killer, but... she still had no idea who this woman was.

@Jeremi @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Orie wasn't too surprised at the reaction she garnered from Shiki, they had only spoken a few times anyway. And who wouldn't find a girl dressed as a nun suspicious?

Orie gave Shiki a comforting smile signifying that she didn't mean no harm.

"I apologize for the touch of familiarity, I was only trying to get a conversation going."
She'd bow slightly at Shiki and Blake. "I am Orie Valadier an Executor of the Licht Kreis." Orie had decided to come clean about what her work was, it's not like anyone her could use the information to harm the organization. "What that entails is a bit convoluted but all you need to know is that Licht Kreis is a force for good, as am I."

Orie handed out a hand for a shake. "It would be my pleasure to help both of you out for the duration of our stay and try to uncover the truth of this place."

@OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Yukio looked at Yato and saw something in him. Something she could very well relate to at times, as she might be, as well as some close to her, including the Wolverine himself. She then looked at Yukine.

tumblr_n4wzq3aSHD1qhfczto6_250.gif

"Your friend, he is quite a surprise after all", she said. "I wonder how it is you get along with him, and perhaps now I understand why you have me as your roommate instead of him."

@Lizzy @Atomyk @Verite @TheBlueBurch @Korra @Rock Knight @Wedge Antilles

"Yato is strange overall, but from stories I've heard from other gods is that a really long time ago he wasn't the goofball he usually is now...he'll most likely simmer down in a bit." Yukine replied, giving Yato a glance, the god saw it and realized what he was doing before huffing and calming down a notch or two for the time being.

tumblr_inline_msxabtbcEA1qz4rgp.png

"Hanyuu, I'm coming in..." Hajime called to announce his presence while he closed the door behind him. He walked over to the bed and sat down, moving his hand to gently rest of her shoulder, "You need a shoulder to cry on?"

@Gummi Bunnies
The girl would lift her head up from her pillow, her eyes all red and puffy from crying so much since she got into her cabin. Seeing that it was just them, Hanyuu felt like she needed the support of one person, sniffling as she sat up on her bed.

@The Tactician

The girl would lift her head up from her pillow, her eyes all red and puffy from crying so much since she got into her cabin. Seeing that it was just them, Hanyuu felt like she needed the support of one person, sniffling as she sat up on her bed.

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_msxa3scQb51qz4rgp.png

Silently, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, not wanting her to be alone during this time. I won't let anyone go through this alone if I can stop it. It's not right if they have to shoulder this pain by themselves.

@Gummi Bunnies

3792313-eee.jpg

Wednesday noticed where the group had gone but hadn't moved just yet. She had stopped to check and make sure no frog was lost or items she owned. Checking she noticed now there was only 15 frogs. Sighing she then began to head toward the fridge after a few moments being she felt she might should try and get a knife for the test she planned for the frogs.

@Investigating Fridge group

"Well, now that you're done with that, you need me to make sure you're safe getting back wherever it is you sleep...speaking of...I er...need a place to sleep too...you er...wouldn't mind letting me sleep at your place for the night, right? I'm not used to the area..." he laughs awkwardly, trying his best not to blush at the situation he'd put himself into...he'd lost the way to anywhere he could stay for the night with any degree of warmth, and now had to ask this poor girl if she'd let him sleep in her cabin "I mean...you can show me to a cabin instead if that's better for...I mean...whatever's most convenient"

@york
CqzIW75.png

"Oh! Sure! It's this way..." Yulia said, leading Bell to a hollowed out tree; it looked like she had managed to create a quite comfortable sleeping space there, and... Despite how small it was, tehre was, just barely, room for two.
Round 2
Day 2
@DapperDogman
Bell, whether or not he decided to sleep with Yulia, the strange cat-girl (and not in THAT way o.o), he would find himself waking up in Cabin 1 this morning, and what's more is, he hand an half-empty cup of sugar in his hand.

@OrlandoBloomers
Shiki, would wake up in Cabin 22, not remembering how she got there... However, a few bugs crawling on the floor may lead to some answers; after all, cabin 23 just happened to be occupied by the two camp pranksters (and troublemakers)...
@Everyone
Whether everyone was hanging out in the canteen, or, going about their own business, they all found themselves waking up in their designated cabins, or, if they hadn't actually picked one yet, fallen straight asleep on the ground somewhere.
NJK7ZH2.jpg

The sound of a bell however, summoned everyone, regardless of where they were to the square; it looked like Olga had her mind set on what to do.
kOz3k2s.png

"Today, we vote on who we suspect the killer was..." Olga began, she looked a bit more refreshed today now that she had a good night's sleep, she hesitated a little before speaking again "We'll... Search the person with the most votes for any suspicious items... And lock them in the admin-building for the night... Just to be safe." she said, it seemed there was nothing that could change her mind about this decision. Though, one thing was for sure; if there were any killers around, there would be something on them at the very least, that would link to their dark deeds. "Remember... Pioneers, stay safe; there are a few amongst you who will look into the suspects; we'll announce any usefull results from the speakers." Olga said, she paused for one last moment before she spoke "Anyways... That concludes our line-up for today! You're all dmismissed, Pioneers!".

It looks like everyone is free to roam around once more; there were various locations open on the map.

Note on area names on the map:
Scene = Stage
WC = Watercloset (washstands and bathroom)
Football + Volleyball + Badminton and stuff = Recreational area
"Kitchen-dining hall" = Canteen
Boat-house = Pier

Locations of Interest:
Canteen - Well, it's early morning, if you're in the mood, maybe you'd like to grab a bite to eat?
Club House - Perhaps you could see what's going on in there?
Washstands - If you feel like washing up, now's your chance! Some supplies including "tooth powder", a toothbrush of sorts, a cup, and a towel.
Music Club - If you're the musical type, maybe you'd like to check this place out?
Library - The place might have something new on it's shelves today... Who knows.
Infirmary - If you need any medical assistance, this is the place to go!

Remember: Bold and underline your choices!

7KbG4ha.png

@Everyone
Please remember to submit votes to Olga Dmitrievna by bolding and underlining the sentence in which it is contained!

Camp Arrivals (Cast):
Played by:
@york Name: Ruby Rose (NPC) canon: RWBY Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @york Name: Sophie (NPC) canon: Cry of Fear Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Mighty Roman Name: N (NPC) canon: Pokemon Black & White 1/2 Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @BarrenThin Name: Tallion (Gravewalker) canon: Middle-earth; Shadow of Mordor Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @The Tactician Name: Hajime Hinata canon: Dangaronpa 2; Goodbye Despair Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Krieg Name: Krieg the Psycho Canon of Origin: Borderlands 2 Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @TheBlueBurch Name: Gaara Canon of Origin: Naruto & Name: Beowulf Cannon: Skullgirls (Duo) Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Raven Name: Wednesday Adams Canon of Origin: The Addams Family Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @DapperDogman Name: Bell Cranel Canon of Origin: Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon? Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Verite Name: Kyon canon: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Mari Name: Yukio Canon of Origin: Marvel Universe Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @ResistingTheEnlightened Name: Captain Ronald Speirs Canon of Origin: Band of Brothers & Name: George Luz Cannon: Band of Brothers (Duo) Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Bomb Name: Kang Hee-Gun Canon of Origin: Running Man Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Klutzy Ninja Kitty Name: Ryoko Asakura Canon of Origin: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @CrunchyCHEEZIT Name: The Scout Canon of Origin: Team Fortress 2 Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @FireDrake150 Name: Claire Farron (Lightning) Canon of Origin: Final Fantasy Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @OrlandoBloomers Name: Shiki Ryougi Canon of Origin: Type-Moon Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Wedge Antilles Name: Alex Summers Canon of Origin: Marvel Cinematic Universe Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Korra Name: Katara Canon of Origin: Avatar: The last airbender Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @The Silver Paladin Name: Cecil Harvey Canon of Origin: Final Fantasy Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Kaykay Name: Yellow de Tokiwa Grove Canon of Origin: Pokemon Adventures Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Gummi Bunnies Name: Neo Canon of Origin: RWBY & Name: Sukuna Shinmyoumaru Canon of Origin: Touhou (Duo) Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @ShadowPrime Name: Jinx Canon of Origin: League of Legends Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Jeremi Name: Ori Valadier Canon of Origin: Under Night In-Birth & Name: TOHSAKA Canon of Origin: Type Moon (Duo) Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @ProxyMoron Name: Tsukimi Kurishita Canon of Origin: Princess JellyFish Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Schnee Corp Lawyer Name: Blake Belladonna Canon of Origin: RWBY Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Infinatis Name: Bill Cipher Canon of Origin: Gravity Falls Name: Canada Canon of Origin: Hetalia (Duo) Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Josh M Name: Hank Venture Canon of Origin: The Venture Bros Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Atomyk Name: Karol Capel Canon of Origin: Tales of Vesperia Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Meira Name: Anima & Name: Asahina Samidare Canon of Origin(both characters): Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer (Duo) Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Rock Knight Name: Idoun Canon of Origin: Fire Emblen: The Binding Blade Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Siontalk Name: Haruka Kokonose Canon of Origin: Kagerou Project Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Lizzy Name: Yatogomi & Name: Yukine Canons of Origin: Noragami (Duo) Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Played by: @Unlimited RP Works Name: Johnny Marcone Canon of Origin: The Dresden Files Status: Alive Role: Unknown
Deceased
(Roles are revealed after death...)
Played by: @york Name: Semyon (NPC) Canon: Everlasting Summer Status: Dead Role: Survivor
Played by: @Gummi Bunnies Camp Resident: Rika (NPC) Status: Dead? Role: Survivor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.