• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.png

"O-Oh! Okay... I guess we'll be friends after all..." Sukuna decided to take a chance with this, taking his hand while bringing back that childish smile. Looks like her mood came right back up.

@The Tactician @Kaykay
tumblr_inline_msxa0l0nAS1qz4rgp.png

"Glad you still have it in you to smile, Sukuna," Hajime laughed as she accepted his offer. Once they ended the shake, he patted the spot next to him for her to sit down against the wall, "Come on and sit down. I've got a few other notebooks so you can use one to draw in if you want."

@Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

Anima
"Eh... Angel?"
She twirled around until she was right side up. "I've only been compared to God before." Anima waved her hand in front of her face, as if denying that comparison. No no, I'm definitely not god. You may stop bowing and worshiping my image. But still. There was something most annoying here.

This little kid kept going on about monsters eating people, but Anima was... really getting hungry too. But she had no idea where the kitchen was. What kind of rude madman invited guests without telling them where the kitchen was?!?

Ah. Clearly this was some sort of torture. No, she mustn't fall for it. Her stomach shall abide by these thoughtlessly cruel restrictions! "Ah, so both of you are strong? ... Very well. Take care of the princess and I." ... what type of request was that. Anima just sort of halfheartedly blurted it out. It was at least a request instead of an order, but it's like she didn't particularly care if they didn't follow it? It seemed she paid more attention looking at the clouds in the sky.

And then something nearby fell from a tree. KABAM!

Samidare
Ehhh.... what exactly was she looking for? Everything seemed to be... well, outside-y? Hah. Well, that was pointless, climbing all the way up here. With a sigh, the small and thin girl jumped off the tree without a second thought. Neither the distance down, or the fact that many could see her black and white bear panties seemed to cross her mind.

Well, she may have landed with a loud sound, but landed and stood up relatively unharmed. She had seen her companion talking to other people, after all. ... Anima may get into trouble by being rude. "Ah! Hey! Anima! Introduce me!" Waving and shouting with a smile, the girl ran up to the group. Anima seemed... well, like she wasn't thinking at all. It was really hard to get that blank stare off her face. She casually pointed at Samidare. "Princess." ... was it really fine to introduce her like that? The finger moved again, focusing on Beowulf. "Dogman." Uh... No, that seemed really rude... The finger once more changed targets, pointing at Karol now. "Tiny."

... Yup, Samidare's shoulders fell. She really hoped they didn't take offense. "Ah... nice to meet you guys." With an apologetic face, she offered her hand for handshakes. Anima, meanwhile, seemed to care very little about... pretty much everything but the clouds in the sky.

j5q0L.jpg

@TheBlueBurch @Atomyk @Jeremi @Bomb

Reactions: Takumi
"I'm not sure exactly what you've gone through, but we'll be your friends too!" Yellow exclaimed, tentatively placing her hand near the other two's.

"Chu!" It seemed Chuchu didn't mind making friends either, as she reached her paw up from the ground to unsuccessfully meet the others' hands.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies

"I guess I have three friends in maintaining sanity now," Hajime teased before reaching down to pet Chu and show his support for her joining in.

@Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

@Jeremi @Josh M @Krieg @The Silver Paladin @Mari @Verite

tumblr_inline_n1csoi5Ywq1swjssh.jpg

For the moment, Asakura decided to let Kyon off the hook for his sarcastic comment and not tease him further. Instead, she replied to his worry about the potential threat nearby. "I think... we should just ignore him and continue walking down the road and see if we can find anything. I'd hate to make him mad and start trouble," she said wiping sweat off her forehead. The atmosphere seemed to be growing hotter by the second, or maybe it had been hot all along and she was just now starting to realize it. Asakura fanned her face off and pulled her hair off her neck, wishing she had something to tie it back with. "Is it just me, or is it really hot out here?" she asked with a frown.​

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
@york @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg

"Good Idea, Asakura! The three of us should go find a cabin, maybe it has food. If it doesn't, it'll give us time to "carve sticks into spears,. Maybe go bear hunting."

Hank would muse at Asakura's words.

"You know, times like this I'm a dude and I can take my shirt off. Let's just find a place to cool down"

Last edited:
@york @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ krieg

"Good Idea, Asakura! The three of us should go find a cabin, maybe it has food. If it doesn't, it'll give us time to "carve sticks into spears,. Maybe go bear hunting."

"You know, times like this I'm a dude and I can take my shirt off. Let's just find a place to cool down"
@Josh M @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg
0ivRDDM.jpg

If one were to look for a place to cool down, well, there was little to offer around the exterior of the bus, however... Who knows? Maybe the bus came installed with an AC unit? Though, perhaps just some simple shade provided by the parked bus would do just fine to cool down.​

Reactions: Takumi and Josh M
gaara.jpg

Glaring as the sand just sort of laid there as normal sand would, thoughts swirled through Gaara's head. So it wasn't just a hunch after all. Even passive techniques like his Ultimate Defense were no longer usable in this realm. Neither was any offensive jutsus which left only taijutsu but his skills were lacking in that department to say the least. Normally this wouldn't have bothered him as much. But the realization that his mother's sand would no longer be there to protect him triggered something in Gaara. Outwardly, his eyes just widened and he clutched both sides of his head similar to how he had earlier. But on the inside it was a warzone. His mother's influence fueled a large of his ultimate defense. With her help the sand in his gourd protected him without him needing to do a single thing. But now that had been taken away from him. The one thing that remained of his mother was no longer available to him.

"Gaaahhh!!" He cried out as he slumped up against a tree and his heart began beating like a racehorse.

naruto___gaara__s_losin___it_by_mysteriousmerlin.jpg

"M-Mother..? Have I done something wrong again? Why won't you talk to me, Mother?"

"Gaara?"

"Mother? Is that you?! P-Please don't leave me!"

"I'll never leave you, Gaara. Never."

"Mother!! Where have you gone!? Don't leave me all alone. Not again! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE AGAIN!!!!"

Gaara's inner thoughts cried out as the visage of his mother formed in the center of his mind and smiled at him. Gaara's mother's love for him extended beyond the cold hands of death. She lived on in Gaara's sand, protecting him and being the main instrument of his Ultimate Defense strategy, never allowing damage to befall her son. But before Gaara could reach his mother, her visage faded away. Leaving Gaara in a cold pitch black void within his own mind.

Gaara's internal thoughts were a nightmare with screaming left and right. But his mother in the form of the influence that guided his sand was no longer with him. Perhaps she would indeed return as would the use of his sand upon the barrier's lifting. But unless that was anytime soon, the turmoil would never cease. But Gaara was mistaken. He was not alone. As far as this entity was concerned, he'd never be alone. It was the One Tailed beast that had been sealed within Gaara from birth: Shukaku.

shukakus_eye_by_minquit.png

"No reason to go and get yourself all upset! Sure, your mom's gone! Who cares? I'm here for ya and that's all that matters! It's all that's ever mattered! Me!"

Back in the real world however, Gaara could have been seen with his head in his lap and just clutching handfuls of his hair within his hands. "I don't want to be alone.." He muttered ad nausem to himself.

@Krieg @Schnee Corp Lawyer @ShadowPrime

---
"..Now THAT is how you perform a suplex! Okay, now listen closely Karol. There is another piece of advice that I need to impart you with that will help you greatly! It's very crucial that you pay close attention. Okay? Okay." Beowulf glanced around before deciding the coast was clear. "You need to get yourself a catchphrase. Now I know it's not easy for everybody but it can be done! I mean everything I say can be marketed as a catchphrase! Remember the moves I taught you, get yourself a catchphrase and you'll be on the path to victory, Karol!"

As the two others approached, Beowulf smirked and pounded his chest boldly. "Have no worries! I'll kick the butt of anyone who threatens royalty from here to next week! You can count on it-Dogman? Seriously?" Well that was a quick way to take the wind out of Beowulf's sails.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Bomb @Meira

gaara.jpg

Glaring as the sand just sort of laid there as normal sand would, thoughts swirled through Gaara's head. So it wasn't just a hunch after all. Even passive techniques like his Ultimate Defense were no longer usable in this realm. Neither was any offensive jutsus which left only taijutsu but his skills were lacking in that department to say the least. Normally this wouldn't have bothered him as much. But the realization that his mother's sand would no longer be there to protect him triggered something in Gaara. Outwardly, his eyes just widened and he clutched both sides of his head similar to how he had earlier. But on the inside it was a warzone. His mother's influence fueled a large of his ultimate defense. With her help the sand in his gourd protected him without him needing to do a single thing. But now that had been taken away from him. The one thing that remained of his mother was no longer available to him.

"Gaaahhh!!" He cried out as he slumped up against a tree and his heart began beating like a racehorse.

"M-Mother..? Have I done something wrong again? Why won't you talk to me, Mother?"

"Gaara?"

"Mother!! Where have you gone!? Don't leave me all alone. Not again! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE AGAIN!!!!"

Gaara's inner thoughts cried out as the visage of his mother formed in the center of his mind and smiled at him. Gaara's mother's love for him extended beyond the cold hands of death. She lived on in Gaara's sand, protecting him and being the main instrument of his Ultimate Defense strategy, never allowing damage to befall her son. But before Gaara could reach his mother, her visage faded away. Leaving Gaara in a cold pitch black void within his own mind.

Gaara's internal thoughts were a nightmare with screaming left and right. But his mother in the form of the influence that guided his sand was no longer with him. Perhaps she would indeed return as would the use of his sand upon the barrier's lifting. But unless that was anytime soon, the turmoil would never cease. But Gaara was mistaken. He was not alone. As far as this entity was concerned, he'd never be alone. It was the One Tailed beast that had been sealed within Gaara from birth: Shukaku.

"No reason to go and get yourself all upset! Sure, your mom's gone! Who cares? I'm here for ya and that's all that matters! It's all that's ever mattered! Me!"

Back in the real world however, Gaara could have been seen with his head in his lap and just clutching handfuls of his hair within his hands. "I don't want to be alone.." He muttered ad nausem to himself.

---
"..Now THAT is how you perform a suplex! Okay, now listen closely Karol. There is another piece of advice that I need to impart you with that will help you greatly! It's very crucial that you pay close attention. Okay? Okay." Beowulf glanced around before deciding the coast was clear. "You need to get yourself a catchphrase. Now I know it's not easy for everybody but it can be done! I mean everything I say can be marketed as a catchphrase! Remember the moves I taught you, get yourself a catchphrase and you'll be on the path to victory, Karol!"

As the two others approached, Beowulf smirked and pounded his chest boldly. "Have no worries! I'll kick the butt of anyone who threatens royalty from here to next week! You can count on it-Dogman? Seriously?" Well that was a quick way to take the wind out of Beowulf's sails.

"So you're a wrestler?" Gary asked. "You're really strong..."

tumblr_mnz0l2hSmg1qltjdco4_250_zpsf67471b9.gif

*ignore Haha and Jihyo in this Gif*

@Atomyk @Jeremi @TheBlueBurch @Meira

"I'm not sure exactly what you've gone through, but we'll be your friends too!" Yellow exclaimed, tentatively placing her hand near the other two's.

"Chu!" It seemed Chuchu didn't mind making friends either, as she reached her paw up from the ground to unsuccessfully meet the others' hands.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies

"Glad you still have it in you to smile, Sukuna," Hajime laughed as she accepted his offer. Once they ended the shake, he patted the spot next to him for her to sit down against the wall, "Come on and sit down. I've got a few other notebooks so you can use one to draw in if you want."

@Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

"I guess I have three friends in maintaining sanity now," Hajime teased before reaching down to pet Chu and show his support for her joining in.

@Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay
image.png

"O-Okay! I'll try my hand at drawing too! I wanna try!" Sukuna was like an excited child as she sat down next to Hajime. She wanted to see if she could start drawing and probably get that as a hobby later on.

Once she got a glimpse of Chu, and also wanted to pet her too. Aw... she really was like a child at heart.

@The Tactician @Kaykay

image.png

"O-Okay! I'll try my hand at drawing too! I wanna try!" Sukuna was like an excited child as she sat down next to Hajime. She wanted to see if she could start drawing and probably get that as a hobby later on.

Once she got a glimpse of Chu, and also wanted to pet her too. Aw... she really was like a child at heart.

@The Tactician @Kaykay
tumblr_inline_msxadabZ3A1qz4rgp.png

"Okay, hold on, hold on," He couldn't help but laugh at her antics. Soon, he had pulled out another notebook along with several spare pencils and pencil sharpener and held them out to her, "Here you go, Sukuna, all the supplies you need to start drawing."

@Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

@Jeremi @Josh M @Krieg @The Silver Paladin @Mari @Verite

tumblr_inline_n1csoi5Ywq1swjssh.jpg

For the moment, Asakura decided to let Kyon off the hook for his sarcastic comment and not tease him further. Instead, she replied to his worry about the potential threat nearby. "I think... we should just ignore him and continue walking down the road and see if we can find anything. I'd hate to make him mad and start trouble," she said wiping sweat off her forehead. The atmosphere seemed to be growing hotter by the second, or maybe it had been hot all along and she was just now starting to realize it. Asakura fanned her face off and pulled her hair off her neck, wishing she had something to tie it back with. "Is it just me, or is it really hot out here?" she asked with a frown.​
@york @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ krieg

@Josh M @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg
0ivRDDM.jpg

If one were to look for a place to cool down, well, there was little to offer around the exterior of the bus, however... Who knows? Maybe the bus came installed with an AC unit? Though, perhaps just some simple shade provided by the parked bus would do just fine to cool down.​
"Please don't take your shirt off. At least out of the blue anyway."

As they would make their way back to the bus, Kyon would look through the bus, looking to see if he could find an AC unit.

"Ah... hey, you guys. Help out. We might be able to find something worthwhile in the bus, though... if not, I assume you'd all be okay with just the shade?"

Ech.

Working hard in the Summer like a whipped slave. Felt just like putting up with Haruhi's antics all over again.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @york @The Silver Paladin @Mari @Jeremi

As they would make their way back to the bus, Kyon would look through the bus, looking to see if he could find an AC unit.

"Ah... hey, you guys. Help out. We might be able to find something worthwhile in the bus, though... if not, I assume you'd all be okay with just the shade?"

Ech.

Working hard in the Summer like a whipped slave. Felt just like putting up with Haruhi's antics all over again.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Verite @The Silver Paladin @Mari @Jeremi
@Those Seeking To Cool Down
10190237.jpg

Welp, the only thing that might hint at an AC unit being installed were a few vents coming from the roof of the bus, and an distinct blue button near the steering wheel, it had wave-like patterns scrawled on it, and a label in Russian... Could this be the AC unit?

@york @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg

Ech.

10190237.jpg

Welp, the only thing that might hint at an AC unit being installed were a few vents coming from the roof of the bus, and an distinct blue button near the steering wheel, it had wave-like patterns scrawled on it, and a label in Russian... Could this be the AC unit?

tumblr_inline_n1cspvd5OV1swjssh.jpg

"Oh thank heavens!" Ryoko cheered, rushing over to the bus with Hank and Kyon. "I'm sure shade would work, but if nobody else is using this bus we may as well give it a look." She waited until Kyon had examined it first before getting on herself, deciding it seemed safe enough. When the blue button near the steering wheel was found, Asakura made her way over to it, tilting her head curiously. "This is probably the air conditioning. Should we press it?" she asked the other two.

@Verite @Josh M

tumblr_inline_msxadabZ3A1qz4rgp.png

"Okay, hold on, hold on," He couldn't help but laugh at her antics. Soon, he had pulled out another notebook along with several spare pencils and pencil sharpener and held them out to her, "Here you go, Sukuna, all the supplies you need to start drawing."

@Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay
image.png

"Alright! Time to start... drawingggggg!!" Sukuna exclaimed with excitement before starting to doodle like a hyper kindergartener.

@The Tactician @Kaykay

gaara.jpg

"Gaara?"

---

Oh. Someone was using her hiding tree as their particular spot for a mental breakdown.

While she wasn't exactly going to think any less of him for it considering how anxious she herself was about the whole 'I have no idea where I am and what is a Russian anyways' deal, it didn't make it any less pleasant to watch. She frowned down at the kid as she peered downwards. It wasn't as if he knew him herself, and it wasn't like he'd know anything more about what was going on than anyone else. More the point she'd... never exactly saw herself as the most encouraging sort of person, especially with strangers. It'd probably just be better if she just stayed in the tree, and she nodded to herself and turned forward and JESUS CHRIST.

Ruby was there. Not really, but she could just feel her leader's silver eyes boring into her soul at the prospect of leaving some twelve year old kid alone to cry by himself in the middle of all these psychopaths.

Ugh.

She huffed and made a mental note to not make these semi hallucinations a common thing before she quietly dropped out of the tree on the other side and poked her head around the trunk before she cleared her throat.

"Hey. You're not alone. Well. I guess in a general sense we seem to be all alone out here as a group, but... we're alone together." she offered with a weak attempt at a smile.

Oh yea. Nailed that .-.

@TheBlueBurch

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and C.T.
"B-Brave? Me? I... well, yeah! Of course I am!"

Despite readily agreeing with Beowulf's assessment, the blush creeping up on Karol's face was unmistakable.

eDdC2iS.png

Karol initially seemed very excited to hear about Beowulf's story, looking up excitedly at Beowulf as he spoke. "Woah... Your bare hands? That's incredible..." However, when Karol really thought on this, hearing of a war between humans and giants just made him sad. "That sounds a lot like the Great War... were you there? I mean, I guess you look old enough to have been there. I'm just surprised I've never heard of you, actually..." As far as Karol was aware, they were still on Terca Lumireis. He'd met a great number of people on his travels, but he couldn't say he'd met everyone who lived on the planet. Nothing about this place fit into anything Karol had seen before, but the idea that he was somewhere of another world was something his mind hadn't even began to perceive.

Karol moved on quickly enough, not willing to linger on thoughts of that sad time in history. "I'd totally like to ride the aroooo train, er, whatever a train is!" Karol even managed a tiny wolf cry in his excitement. He had totally meant to ask where New Meridian was, but when Beowulf started throwing out his moves, the kid was transfixed. He hooted and hollered with glee, seeing a fighting style he really hadn't come across before. He raised his broadsword high in the air, pointing it up into the sky as if mimicking Beowulf's pose in a way. Karol would have really liked to see this guy go up against Yuri.

His friends had to be around here somewhere, right?

As Anima began speaking again, Karol frowned up at her, looking annoyed. He'd kind of lost track of her in his excitement and he felt a little embarrassed by that. "Stop calling me tiny! I told you--"

"Hwaaaahhhh!"

A girl fell out of the tree nearby, practically scaring Karol out of his shoes. He'd managed to hold a tight grip on his weapon as he flipped around to face the intruder. His voice was laced with even further masked embarrassment. "You can't just sneak up on people! Or-Or-- Wait... she's a princess?" Karol looked to Anima momentarily as if he needed to confirmation before turning back to Samidare. "It's nice to meet you too! You're... not the first princess I've ever met, to be honest... er, c-call me Karol! I'm not small for my age, I promise! And this really cool guy is Beowulf!"

He looked back to the man in question, who seemed to be just finishing up his presentation. Karol wasn't sure he'd ever be in a position where he'd able to perform a suplex on someone, but he appreciated Beowulf teaching him the move regardless. He nodded his head in suspense, listening intently as Beowulf imparted the secret to victory: a catchphrase. A catchphrase... Wow, why hadn't Karol thought of that? It made perfect sense!

"Hmm..." The boy sat down on the grass, placing his sword on his lap. He was going to have to think on this.

@TheBlueBurch @Bomb @Meira @Jeremi

10190237.jpg

tumblr_inline_n1cspvd5OV1swjssh.jpg

"Oh thank heavens!" Ryoko cheered, rushing over to the bus with Hank and Kyon. "I'm sure shade would work, but if nobody else is using this bus we may as well give it a look." She waited until Kyon had examined it first before getting on herself, deciding it seemed safe enough. When the blue button near the steering wheel was found, Asakura made her way over to it, tilting her head curiously. "This is probably the air conditioning. Should we press it?" she asked the other two.

@Verite @Josh M
"Well... may as well see where this little thing gets us. Only way to find out," Kyon murmured in response, pressing the blue button with a soft sigh.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Mari @The Silver Paladin @Jeremi

Blake watched with a slightly raised eyebrow as Jink popped out a rocket and made her little bomb trail.

No.

She wouldn't, would she?

There was a strangled gasp from the tree Blake had chosen as her hiding spot as Jinx casually ignited a high explosive right in front of the gate all their other various 'friends' were milling around-

Oh. Well that wasn't so bad-

"..."

She slumped back onto the branch she was resting on and rubbed at her eyes as she shook her head.

She didn't know what this was but she had a bad feeling it was going to suck .-.

@ShadowPrime @Krieg @OrlandoBloomers @the party path squad

"HRGH!"

*THUNK*

tumblr_n1uacpAA8u1s5f9ado2_250.gif

A blur whisked past Gaara and Blake, and there was very abruptly a knife embedded in the tree trunk not too far from where Blake had been perched; the same one that'd been plunged into the earth at Jinx's feet. It was a little different this time, though, in that it wasn't thrown.

It was stabbed.

Admittedly, taking a running jump up into the tree and jabbing her knife into the wood wasn't the most subtle of approaches, but it was efficient. Following some creative use of the blade as a climbing hook (and an impressive display of core strength) Shiki swung herself up into the foliage, alighting roughly on a branch of her own and leaning with her back against the trunk, giving a barely-audible sigh now that she'd made it out of the direct sun in her own way. She flung her jacket, now draped over one arm, carelessly over another branch; it was far too warm for such things, anyway. For once, her eternal fashion choice of a light summer kimono was actually appropriate on its own.

Reclining with her legs hanging loosely from one side of the branch, Shiki effortlessly pulled her knife from the tree using her left arm, expertly tucking it into the back of her attire as she let out a huff of mild discomfort.
Ryougi02.png

"Finally, out of the heat and away from that idiot..."

She wasn't sure which was the bigger pain; the sun, or Jinx. For once, she actually would've taken Mikiya up on his strawberry ice cream without pouting. And as far as that demented she-witch went, well... suffice to say Shiki was having to fight very hard to restrain certain impulses when it came to her. One thing was clear to her, though.

For all her talk and deranged shenanigans, Jinx didn't even know the meaning of the word "crazy".

At least the girl who'd been hiding out in this tree seemed a bit more levelheaded, if what she'd seen of her earlier was anything to go by. Even putting her honed senses aside, it was notoriously difficult to spy on a Mystic Eyes user-- especially when, presumably as a further means of keeping them contained, she was having trouble seeing the lines of anything besides her fellow abductees. As a result, when she glanced at this tree a few minutes ago she sort of just saw a cluster of human lines of death awkwardly hovering around one spot, and... yeah. Whoever they belonged to was good, though, that much was obvious. She wasn't even sure she would've spotted the ninja had it not been for her cheating.

Regardless, she enjoyed her time out of the sun for what it was worth, and contented herself listening to that kid's breakdown and the former tree-dweller's attempts at comforting him for the time being. Whenever the timing seemed opportune, she threw down a casual remark of her own.

"Hey, you down there... if you're gonna cry, wait until we find water first. Otherwise, you'll dehydrate quicker and die."

Maybe not the most reassuring of words, but she was fundamentally a pragmatist. Some probably would've called her insensitive, but she liked to think of it as being genuine. Mikiya probably would've scolded her for it, but now wasn't the time for weakness; or even empathy.

People died, parents among them. No need to be a bitch about it.

@TheBlueBurch @Schnee Corp Lawyer @if only the renowned doctor xiao long were here to put her patented therapy skills to good use​

Shukaku_Eye.svg

Inside Gaara's mind a battle was occurring. Shukaku's influence was usually kept at bay by the influence of Gaara's mother. Unless Gaara were to fall asleep and then all bets were off as the Sand Village learned the hard way. Upon Gaara losing consciousness, Shukaku was free to take over and wreck as much havoc as he damn well pleased. Due to his mother's influence being null and void at the moment, Gaara's fragile psyche was being battered and battered over by the tailed beast and it was a losing battle that Gaara couldn't find any way to turn around.

"L-Leave me alone! I didn't mean to awaken you! Where's mother?!"

"Oh for cryin out loud..! Would you put a sock in it about your ma? You got me now and that's all you need! Now, why don't you just doze off and lemme take a turn, eh?"

"I want my mother! What did you to do her!?"

"Haven't you realized it, yet?! Your sand is about as limp as your mother's body was after she put her life force into that sand of yours. That chick with a few screws loose couldn't destroy anything. You can't do anything in this world! Not as long as that barrier's up. Soooo s'not like you're doing anything else. Let me have a go at running this body and getting some fresh air!"

"I DON'T WANT YOU TO! MOTHER! MOTHER HELP ME!"

"SHE'S GONE YA BRAT! NOW MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL AND SLEEP!"

It was clear that Gaara was getting nowhere fast and his mental walls were close to crumbling if not already doing so. So it was a saving grace that Blake piped in on Gaara at that moment. If only so he could focus on something other than his losing battle of the minds with Shukaku. Lowering his hands from tugging at his hair, he turned away from Blake. "..Huh? I don't understand. What are you getting out of this? What are you getting out of attempting to comfort me..?"

Gaara muttered. It was a sad truth in his case. All those who even attempted to be nice towards him were just lying. Even his uncle who watched over him and even tried to help Gaara at some points ended up throwing his life away in attempt to take Gaara with him in a suicide bombing. What made this girl any different? She was probably just trying to lull him into a false sense of security so she could then strike, just like all the others had. All the assisnation attempts on him by his father, all the lies, everything just meshed together to make the most crazed homicidal twelve year old ninja. Who just loved his mommy. :<

But as Shiki approached, Gaara's stone-faced resolve returned as he stared up at the woman. "I've lived in a desert my entire life, this heat or lack of water is nothing." Gaara probably would have inserted some form of threat against Shiki for speaking to him in such a manner but with how fast she had thrown that knife and his sand being unusable at the moment, it didn't exactly seem like the most sensible thing to do. Shukaku on the other hand was absolutely delighted that the pity party was crashed.

"About time someone came and shut you up! The hell you doing having a breakdown like that anyway? If you want to rest your head then go right ahead. I don't mind taking a spin-"

"NO!" Gaara shouted as he rose to his feet, his hands balled up into fists as he looked back between Ryougi and Blake before quickly making his way off from the two, still clearly bothered by something. I
"Yikes! You didn't have to be so vocal with your objection! But I'm sure it didn't do your image with these folks any wonders, hehehehehehhe..."

"Why can't you just leave me be?"

"'Fraid that's not possible! We're a package deal, you and I. I go? You die. End of story, there. You go? I'm left to my own devices and I don't think your village would look too kindly upon that. Face it, kid! You're STUCK WITH ME!"

@OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.