Murder Series Award Show III [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tohno, you have experience with three Award shows. Do you remember these award shows once you leave them? Is there any evidence that they ever happened once we all have left?"
"Well, no. Considering we're just non-canon variations of ourselves, we just kind of cease to exist until the next Award Show, really. That is, until the next Award Show, where references may be made about previous ones, but other than that, not really. They weren't meant to be... uh, whatever this turned out to be, in any case. That said, don't feel too bad. You get used to the existential crisis after the first time around," Shiki answered, letting out a brief sigh as he scratched the back of his head, "Though, in any case... I guess this is it for me. I'm all washed up and I've run my course, so unless I make a surprise appearance or someone really wants me around, I might not show up again next time."

It was his last hurrah after all. Or supposed to be, in any case.​

"If I leave you all, will I ever see you again?" she asked, the smile leaving her lips.​

"There was no sunlight, freedom, or friendly faces there. I had little comfort to make my stay bearable." Sounding hurt, she added, "No letters, no visitors. Did you trust the ODMA so much that you were certain I'd be okay? Or..."
Sion01.png

"... I mean, you could have asked for sunlight. Besides, if there were any concerns you had, I am sure Lalonde or the other members would have been happy to make your stay more comfortable."

And then Sion was there because anything goes at this point, though despite her words, she didn't seem to come off as friendly as she intended to.

"As for a lack of friendly faces... Well, I suppose Miss Tracer and Sophie would be sad to hear that."

Sion10.png

Sniffle.

"Who the hell is... Well, uh, look, Miss Ilona," Shiki sighed, "Yes. I trusted them because they seemed like good people to me, despite their... I guess controversial opinions. No one in their right mind likes getting their hands dirty, even if it's for the greater good. Do you believe Ms. Ritsuko and Lalonde are bad people? Because I believe that they believe that they work not only to benefit the multiverse, but also you as well. And in this hyperverse... There isn't anyone just like you except you. I don't know your exact circumstances, I never have, and I guess you're right. I can't force you to do anything, because it's your life, and like how it was your choice to go with ODMA, it'll be your choice to come back or not... even if all this is non-canon, I guess. And it is your choice to do whatever you want if you don't feel the group is in your best interests; be it running away or trying to at least communicate with them in order to reach an understanding. Your canon self, that is."

"As for if we'll each other again..." Shiki sighed hesitantly again, pursing his lips for a brief moment before continuing again, "Uh, I couldn't tell you. That's something I don't know, whether you mean in the next Award Show or in canon. And we all have to live with that unknown, the home of fear, of doubt, and of hope. That's the most that I can say and give you. And I'm sorry."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti

rsz_sometimes_by_teh_zombish-db2jftk.jpg

"...Oh."

At first, that was all Setsuna said in response to Shirou's statement that nobody would want to acquire an award in such a manner, as though contemplating this fact. She had thought people liked receiving gifts, but it seemed in this case, such was not the case. Perhaps it had to do with something on the paper...? Well, who knew. It didn't matter all that much. Besides, she had more important matters to think about, her expression briefly turning to that of surprise.

"...Something you would never see coming?" she repeated, blinking owlishly as she mulled over the concept. How was she supposed to pull such a thing off? Surely, with how well-versed in people Shirou seemed to be(to someone completely oblivious as to how they worked), he could predict any and every move she could possibly make. Perhaps better than she could, even. It was perhaps the most challenging request she could possibly receive, and it rendered her speechless as she desperately tried to think up what she could do that would be surprising.

"..."

Smack!

And thus was the sound of skin impacting skin, Setsuna having slapped herself across the face so hard that her impacted cheek now possessed a red mark where her hand had impacted. Yet, she did not flinch, only let herself take the impact and the movement of her head caused by it. But after a few moments, she looked to Shirou again.

"...Was that good?"

Oh goodness.

@Kaykay
"..."

For perhaps the first time as far as these events were concerned, Shirou wore a blank expression on his face. He was perpetually plagued by a sense that he'd already seen something before, which was often what prompted him to search for the unknown through reckless actions.

However, that sense wasn't all-knowing.

He'd half-expected her to just give up. "I was unable to do this, are you displeased?" Something along those lines. Maybe she'd try to make a weird face, or something. But hitting herself in the face?

"...Hahaha. Hahahaha!"

Shirou burst out into laughter before putting a hand on her shoulder. It was too bad they wouldn't remember this once all was said and done. Cause that was definitely something interesting.

"Yeah, yeah that was pretty good. But now I've seen that, so ya can't do it anymore, yeah? Too bad though, I don't carry any band-aids around like some kinda soccer mom or some shit like that."

Patting her on the shoulder comfortingly, he looked up at the awards displayed. So he'd gotten one for killing that Lana woman. Not exactly an award to be proud about, but the fact it was something he'd done that was memorable was satisfactory enough. He didn't give a damn how others saw it, as long as they did see it. His story made an impact on everyone else's, and that was all he needed.

As if to completely contradict what he'd told Setsuna earlier however, he didn't move to take it. Raising his gun, he fired at the board, obliterating it with a .50 caliber bullet.

"Well that's the end, ain't it?"

With his usual smirk, he took another look at the red mark on Setsuna's cheek. Even if she'd decided on that as her way to surprise him, it was rather interesting she seemed to slap herself at full force. She could've just done it lightly, right? But then again, perhaps it was that wholehearted self-injury that had caught him off-guard.

So Shirou gave her a kiss. Apparently that was, somehow, her "mana source" so it should have aided in her recovery. Though it wasn't like the injury would have mattered much, due to both her physiology and the fact everything here "didn't happen," but even still since she injured herself for him, it was on him to fix it too. Eventually, he pulled away.

"Guess it's time to head out, huh? Party's over."

@Midnight Maiden

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
wink_and_tongue_sticking_out_by_kwkatz09-db2sb6v.png

"Nice try, silly boy," Ilona shot back to Zidane, still laughing as she spoke. "But do you have glasses? Noooo, I don't see any glasses. You're not generic enough if you ask me," the girl remarked, shaking her head. The blonde then looked to Ryan saying, "I'm ooookaaaay, how about-- Oh dear, why are you crying?" she questioned before realizing they had more company. Distracted, she wouldn't end up answering her friend's question about what a generic main character boy was.

She glanced to Shiki, shooting him a grin despite the fact he had just scolded them. "Ah, worry not Miss Ryan, he's done far more scandalous things than either one of us combined. Haven't you, Sir Shiki? You sly dog~ Let us continue on with our adventure, Miss Ryan!" Due to her impairment, and unlike Ryan, she seemed not to mind the fact that he was disappointed in their antics.

"But yes! You caught us! We drank water as she said. We're baaaaad girls," Ilona finally said to the bespectacled boy, wiggling her eyebrows. "I won't tell my parents if you don't~ It isn't as if I've seen them in years anyhow! There is little they can do to rein in their adult daughter. Ha ha!" Chuckling, Ilona straightened up and reached forward, taking Shiki by the chin before leaning closer to look him square in the eyes. It was a much bolder action than she normally may have taken sober. "Should you wish to convince me to leave this place, you'll have to try harder than that," she taunted with a wink.

@Midnight Maiden @Verite @Bomb @Mason Moretti @york
@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Bomb

In Mason's mind, Shiki held a certain aura of professionalism and maturity. It was beyond wisdom or age; it was a maturity brought on by staring death in the face and remaining a solid, stoic monolith. It was a hyperbole, of course, but it still drew Mason's envy. He wishes for that calmness that Shiki held, even though it wasn't something one could take. However, whenever Shiki was serious, Mason felt it was time to be serious.

"What do you mean, 'degeneracy?'" Mason wished to ask and challenge Shiki once again. It wasn't the time for that. That wasn't the way to be better than him.

Instead, he requested, "Macy, go fix our mess. You can heal it out of everyone, right?"

"Aww, but being drunk is kinda fun, Mason! Can't we just stay like it a li'l while longer?" a southern bell's voice asked, ending in a hiccup.

"The party is almost over, Macy. We don't exactly have the time for that."

"Alright. But just because I can solve the 'being drunk' part doesn't mean I can solve the after-effect headache."

A soft blue light encapsuled Macy's hands and quickly spread to envelop her own body. She have Mason a tap on the shoulder and the baby blue aura quickly enveloped him as well. As Macy worked her magic, those affected would feel a clarity brought to their heads and possibly a slight headache as a result.

Macy next moved to heal Ryan and asked, "If you're feeling better, would you mind helping spread the love with your own healing?" Macy's drunken southern twang had almost completely disappeared.

Macy attempted to heal the alcoholic poison from the bodies of Ilona, Cheza, Toboe, and Zidane. However, any oth them, including Ryan, were free to avoid the Macy's healing touch.

Now with a much clearer head, Mason attempted to have a word with Shiki, which he had been meaning to say since the end of the Coalition Civil War. However, Ikona, not yet restored from her drunken stupor, had replied to Shiki first.
f1130e3359a4421bb04df42c93f6ac98.png

"Jesus also called his drinks water and lo and behold they were actually wine. Don't take things from strangers, mysterious little girl who I think I know the sister of from The Ultimate Game. Shady people are everywhere in the far reaches of the multiverse," he grumbled.​
By whatever mystical technique Macy used, the alcoholic taint would indeed be removed from the time traveler's blood stream right after Shiki would question if she had returned back to normal. As if a switch had been flicked or she had awoken from a foggy dream, Ilona's mind snapped back into place instantly. She blinked a couple times before realizing how close she was standing to Shiki, letting out a yelp as she would give him a hard shove. Had he not been paying attention, her shove likely would've pushed him over, however, quickly realizing this Ilona would grab him by the shirt to make sure this didn't happen.

"What in Sun's name did I jus-- My apologizes!" she squeaked, letting go of him to swiftly bow her head. When she would lift her head back up, a visible blush could be seen on her cheeks. "I-I... need a moment," she said, moving to sit at one of the bar seats. She placed her elbows on the bar and rapidly began rubbing her temples with both hands, as if trying to further wake up her mind. After about a minute she would turn back to look at Mason and Shiki, going over everything that had been said. She remembered most of it, and was indeed embarrassed, but after having been embarrassed multiple times already in one evening Ilona didn't feel any worse than she had before. In fact, she started to laugh, putting her head in her hands.

"Forgive me, but you're so squirrelly Sir Shiki. A minor drunken touch or flirt from me shan't be the end of you. We are comrades and I'm not like Miss Anna trying to touch your-- never mind," she commented, stifling another laugh near the end. She didn't seem to be bothered by the fact he had tried to pull away, more so amused by the antics of a friend.

neutral2_by_kwkatz09-dawsqfv.png

Her light demeanor would change, however, when she would remember he had brought up the ODMA. "If you believe using the ODMA as a means to invoke a positive response from me about leaving this place, you're sorely mistaken." Ilona crossed her legs and folded her arms somewhat defensively. She appeared a bit cross, as if a sore spot had been touched. "I went there half-heartedly after Civil War's end, a broken sinner wishing to ease her guilt for the mistake she made. But going there did little to help ease my guilt. I was instead trapped in a lonely environment, a cold underground facility. There was no sunlight, freedom, or friendly faces there. I had little comfort to make my stay bearable." Sounding hurt, she added, "No letters, no visitors. Did you trust the ODMA so much that you were certain I'd be okay? Or..."

Did I just not matter enough? Out of all the people whom I have in my life claiming to be my friends, is there not one who cares enough to check on me? Ah well, it matters no longer. I refuse to return to the ODMA. I'm no longer the broken woman I was when I first arrived there. Should they try to take me back, I won't go willingly. Should they use force, they'll taste firsthand the power they taught me to control...

"I take that back, I did receive one letter from Sir Mason. Only, I just saw it today. It was a shame I didn't see it... when I needed it most." Ilona frowned before standing up from her seat, adjusting her goggles. "I may have been impaired when I said it before, but I stand by my words. If you wish to convince me to leave this place, with all due respect, you'll have to do better than that. And when I do go, I may break your image of me as a responsible lady when I say... I don't intend to go back to the ODMA. I'll go where I please. But why should we not stay a little longer? Today is the best day I've had in the longest time. I'm here with everyone. All of my friends! Even Miss Ryan! It most certainly beats going back to my usual life of solitude."

@Verite @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @york
"O-oh.... H-he has?" Ryan inquired to Ilona upon her statement that Shiki had done much worse. "Is he a bad boy, Lona...? --Is that what it means to be a stereotypical protagonist boy?" she asked, further, tilting her head with a sniffle. Though, she did seem to brighten slightly when Ilona suggested they continue their adventure, her smile briefly returning. "Yeah! That's... That sounds like fun. Let's--" She paused, cut off by Shiki's response to her crying.

rsz_17249c885cfeb4e12632ab1e65e77c60a4fb0f4e_hq_by_teh_zombish-db4rtb9.jpg

"...little girl?" Ryan repeated with a faint pout, still wiping at her tears. "I'm eighteen... I'm not a little girl..." she muttered with the same pout. But she didn't linger, seeming to brighten slightly at the mention. "Waittttt... You knew my sister? Oh, oh, wait-- which one?" she asked, almost warily. "Rid or Reecey...?-- H-hey, wait, Macy... What're you doing?" Ryan cut herself off, gawking at Macy as she began to work her magic on the blonde, healing the alcohol right out of her... Leading Ryan to groan, swaying slightly on her feet and gripping her head in agony. "A-ah, owww... What the...-"

Head slowly beginning to clear, she leaned against the bar, trying to gather her bearings and regain her composure. She suddenly felt groggy and achy in the head, though the latter was much clearer and more oriented now. Groaning softly, the blonde stumbled, just barely making the mark of landing on a chair as she fell. "W-what happened...? What...--?" she mumbled, still clutching her head. But she wasn't able to linger on it long at all, Ilona's now more serious words breaking her from her stupor. "...ODMA?" she muttered with clear confusion.

For the first time in a while, the blonde fell silent, one hand idly reaching up to gently grasp at the dead and dry flower so carefully pinned to her chest, fingers delicately handling the thing as though it would fall apart fully if she held it too tight. Which, it would; luckily, she was well-practiced in tenderness. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly with concern and sadness; things she rarely showed, save for in truly dire situations. But here? Here, she could not help it, hearing the circumstances of which her dear long-lost friend spoke. "Ilona..." she murmured, gently removing her hand from the flower to instead gently place a hand on the princess's shoulder-- Wait a second. She had used her name.

For the first time, Ryan had uttered Ilona's real, true, full name.

Surprising, considering Ilona took after her more scandalous sister in that she always used nicknames, save for with those she couldn't think of them for-- which was rare. But now, she spoke it with a purpose, a saddened look on her face as she did so. She almost drew her hand back, seeming very hesitant to commit to the gesture, but she continued. "...Is that really what it's been like, since I last saw you..?" she inquired, gently. For years, Ryan had tried her damndest to find a way to reunite with her friends. All of them. She had scoured every last book in Macon's study, and now, in recent years, she had even begun to spread her search into the depths of the Lunae Librae, actually getting lost in the underground sea of books at least three times and having to be rescued by Marian or Reece.

Was this truly what had happened through all of that time?

Shaking her head slowly, Ryan bit her lower lip, trying to keep her frown from becoming too deep. "I... I don't know what to say," she eventually added, slowly drawing her hand back only to let it fall to her side, other hand reaching to lightly rub her arm. "..I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. If I could've just found a way to see you again or get out my letters..." she murmured, gaze falling to the floor as she desperately tried to fight the urge to let her emotions completely overcome her in a display of tears. She couldn't cry. She could only be here for her friends. Maybe she wasn't there before, for Ilona.... But she was, now.

And she sure as hell would make it worth it.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Verite @Bomb @york

"Well, no. Considering we're just non-canon variations of ourselves, we just kind of cease to exist until the next Award Show, really. That is, until the next Award Show, where references may be made about previous ones, but other than that, not really. They weren't meant to be... uh, whatever this turned out to be, in any case. That said, don't feel too bad. You get used to the existential crisis after the first time around," Shiki answered, letting out a brief sigh as he scratched the back of his head, "Though, in any case... I guess this is it for me. I'm all washed up and I've run my course, so unless I make a surprise appearance or someone really wants me around, I might not show up again next time."

Sion01.png

"... I mean, you could have asked for sunlight. Besides, if there were any concerns you had, I am sure Lalonde or the other members would have been happy to make your stay more comfortable."
And then Sion was there because anything goes at this point, though despite her words, she didn't seem to come off as friendly as she intended to.

"As for a lack of friendly faces... Well, I suppose Miss Tracer and Sophie would be sad to hear that."
Sion10.png

Sniffle.
"Who the hell is... Well, uh, look, Miss Ilona," Shiki sighed, "Yes. I trusted them because they seemed like good people to me, despite their... I guess controversial opinions. No one in their right mind likes getting their hands dirty, even if it's for the greater good. Do you believe Ms. Ritsuko and Lalonde are bad people? Because I believe that they believe that they work not only to benefit the multiverse, but also you as well. And in this hyperverse... There isn't anyone just like you except you. I don't know your exact circumstances, I never have, and I guess you're right. I can't force you to do anything, because it's your life, and like how it was your choice to go with ODMA, it'll be your choice to come back or not... even if all this is non-canon, I guess. And it is your choice to do whatever you want if you don't feel the group is in your best interests; be it running away or trying to at least communicate with them in order to reach an understanding. Your canon self, that is."

"As for if we'll each other again..." Shiki sighed hesitantly again, pursing his lips for a brief moment before continuing again, "Uh, I couldn't tell you. That's something I don't know, whether you mean in the next Award Show or in canon. And we all have to live with that unknown, the home of fear, of doubt, and of hope. That's the most that I can say and give you. And I'm sorry."

"O-oh.... H-he has?" Ryan inquired to Ilona upon her statement that Shiki had done much worse. "Is he a bad boy, Lona...? --Is that what it means to be a stereotypical protagonist boy?" she asked, further, tilting her head with a sniffle. Though, she did seem to brighten slightly when Ilona suggested they continue their adventure, her smile briefly returning. "Yeah! That's... That sounds like fun. Let's--" She paused, cut off by Shiki's response to her crying.

"...little girl?" Ryan repeated with a faint pout, still wiping at her tears. "I'm eighteen... I'm not a little girl..." she muttered with the same pout. But she didn't linger, seeming to brighten slightly at the mention. "Waittttt... You knew my sister? Oh, oh, wait-- which one?" she asked, almost warily. "Rid or Reecey...?-- H-hey, wait, Macy... What're you doing?" Ryan cut herself off, gawking at Macy as she began to work her magic on the blonde, healing the alcohol right out of her... Leading Ryan to groan, swaying slightly on her feet and gripping her head in agony. "A-ah, owww... What the...-"

Head slowly beginning to clear, she leaned against the bar, trying to gather her bearings and regain her composure. She suddenly felt groggy and achy in the head, though the latter was much clearer and more oriented now. Groaning softly, the blonde stumbled, just barely making the mark of landing on a chair as she fell. "W-what happened...? What...--?" she mumbled, still clutching her head. But she wasn't able to linger on it long at all, Ilona's now more serious words breaking her from her stupor. "...ODMA?" she muttered with clear confusion.
For the first time in a while, the blonde fell silent, one hand idly reaching up to gently grasp at the dead and dry flower so carefully pinned to her chest, fingers delicately handling the thing as though it would fall apart fully if she held it too tight. Which, it would; luckily, she was well-practiced in tenderness. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly with concern and sadness; things she rarely showed, save for in truly dire situations. But here? Here, she could not help it, hearing the circumstances of which her dear long-lost friend spoke. "Ilona..." she murmured, gently removing her hand from the flower to instead gently place a hand on the princess's shoulder-- Wait a second. She had used her name.

Surprising, considering Ilona took after her more scandalous sister in that she always used nicknames, save for with those she couldn't think of them for-- which was rare. But now, she spoke it with a purpose, a saddened look on her face as she did so. She almost drew her hand back, seeming very hesitant to commit to the gesture, but she continued. "...Is that really what it's been like, since I last saw you..?" she inquired, gently. For years, Ryan had tried her damndest to find a way to reunite with her friends. All of them. She had scoured every last book in Macon's study, and now, in recent years, she had even begun to spread her search into the depths of the Lunae Librae, actually getting lost in the underground sea of books at least three times and having to be rescued by Marian or Reece.

Shaking her head slowly, Ryan bit her lower lip, trying to keep her frown from becoming too deep. "I... I don't know what to say," she eventually added, slowly drawing her hand back only to let it fall to her side, other hand reaching to lightly rub her arm. "..I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. If I could've just found a way to see you again or get out my letters..." she murmured, gaze falling to the floor as she desperately tried to fight the urge to let her emotions completely overcome her in a display of tears. She couldn't cry. She could only be here for her friends. Maybe she wasn't there before, for Ilona.... But she was, now.

Although he was replying to Mason, Ilona would interject Shiki long enough to say, "I want you around. Whether that's enough for you to return or not, it's the truth. I hope you take it into consideration. You aren't unwanted. Should you ever choose to return, you will always have a friend in me and--" Ilona cut herself off, suddenly flustered when she would see Sion's sudden appearance.

embarrassed_by_ellisaire_dawgcpm_by_kwkatz09-dawsqga.png

"Ah, no, no, no! Please refrain from such a sad expression!" she exclaimed, quite easily guilt-tripped. Unknowingly, Ilona's voice grew loud again, as if she were yelling. "It is typical for me not to speak my mind about things bothering me! Do not take it to heart I failed to ask for much at the ODMA!" Finally realizing how she sounded, Ilona cleared her throat and quieted. "...and, as for Miss Sophie and Miss Tracer, please do not take my words as a personal insult to them. I never got to know Miss Tracer very well, as I avoided her along with most everyone else. I did enjoy Miss Sophie's company, but..."

I was too unhappy to fully enjoy her company. And still, I kept my heart guarded from her, as I do most others.

Glancing back to Shiki, Ilona would shrug her shoulders. "I have no right to judge Miss Lalonde or Miss Ritsuko. Admittedly, I owe much to Miss Lalonde. Still, my life is mine alone. It does not belong to them as you just agreed a moment ago, and I will not do as they ask forever. I will do as I please."

wink_by_ellisaire_db2phfe_by_kwkatz09-db2s02a.png

"Nevertheless, you shan't know what I will do next. I don't think I'll tell you~" she remarked with a wink, her words sounding playful towards the end. "What would be the fun of spoiling to you the actions I plan to take in the story of my life? While you may say your story has come to a close, Sir Shiki, mine is only just beginning. There are still plenty of things I must do. My tale will most assuredly be interesting. Look forward to it."

Ilona would turn somber, however, furrowing her brows when she would hear Shiki mutter an apology, followed by Ryan uttering an apology as well. "Forgive me, but such apologies are... hogwash," she would say to both of them with a gentle scolding tone. "If you act uncertain we'll see one another again, we most definitely will not see each other again. If I am truly your friend, if either of you care for me, then look at me and tell me that we will see one another again. No apologies, no excuses. Just tell me that you'll see me later, and that you look forward to it. Don't leave it up to the "unknown" as you called it, Sir Shiki. Our fates are in our own hands. If we believe hard enough, we can do anything we put our minds to."

Smiling tenderly, she would address Shiki saying, "You promised to introduce me to your sister and your friends, remember? I look forward to the day that can happen, and us visiting again. Anyhow-- Oh, and don't pat me on the head next time we meet. I'm not fond of that. I wouldn't mind if you gave me sunflowers again though; I love them! And that is not me coming onto you before you ask, Sir Shiki," she added, repeating his words from earlier with a laugh. "So, until next time, I sincerely hope you enjoy your peaceful life... how's that for a see you later?"

Stepping closer to Ryan, Ilona gently reached out to brush her fingers over the dried flower pinned to her chest. She would then reach down, tenderly picking up one of her friends hands. She would place Ryan's hand over her own heart, shaking her head to once again affirm she didn't want an apology from the other girl. "What's done is done. I could've tried to find you too, or send you letters, yet I never did. I refuse to let you shoulder any guilt over this. But if you must shoulder guilt, allow me to shoulder it with you. I'm equally as guilty." Ilona smiled. "However, instead of shouldering guilt, I think we should focus on the future and promise to see one another again to make up for lost time. I care not if this event is non-canon and we won't remember making such promises to one another."

Ilona paused to tighten her hold on Ryan's hand. "Our hearts will remember what our minds forget. Our bond is stronger than memories. So, when we meet, be prepared for me to hug you so hard that I may split you in two," the girl said with a laugh. "Then, afterwards, we can talk about our lives, have lunch, and go shopping. We can do silly things such as trying on various funny outfits and reminiscing on the strange things Sir Deoxys told us as children. Then... we can stay up all night talking about anything and everything. After we've stayed up all night... we can watch the sunrise. I do love a good sunrise," she said softly, her eyes starting to tear up. "O-Okay?"

crying_smile_by_kwkatz09-db4ogor.png

Ilona dropped her hands from Ryan's, reaching up to wipe her eyes. "And that, Miss Ryan, is my see you later for us..."

@Midnight Maiden @Verite @Mason Moretti @york

Last edited by a moderator:
neutral___eyes_closed_by_ellisaire_db2phfu_by_kwkatz09-db2s01o.png

"It was not your burden to bear," Ilona would reply to Mason, letting out a sigh afterwards. "Unhappy as I was, I chose to go there of my own free will. I truly needed to go there. Had I not, the multiverse would not have looked upon me very fondly for running away without repenting and ignoring the fact I needed to learn how to control my powers. However, I never blamed you or any of my other friends for not going with me. It would've been nice if you or the others could've visited me, but I never would've asked any of you to go with me and stay. All of you have lives, and they need not be put on hold for my sake."

If anyone looked in Ilona's eyes and saw the frustration brewing in her soul, it would be more than clear to them that the ODMA wasn't the sole cause of her misery. While she would speak poorly of the place, in reality, they had treated her well. In fact, the place was quite an upstanding organization. Any ordinary person would've thought it to be a pleasant environment. But Ilona was different. She had always been different. She was born into a life where she never once had stayed in one place for very long periods of time. So staying at the ODMA felt odd and uncomfortable to Ilona. In a sense, the girl was a wild, free spirited bird who had known nothing but freedom, yet was thrust into a situation that inhibited such freedoms from being accessible.

Was it selfish to be upset about it? Perhaps. She had gone to the ODMA to atone, after all, not to please herself. But, then again, who ever said Ilona was a complete saint? Ilona was human, like anyone else. She wasn't always happy and sweet. Sometimes, she grew frustrated, became upset, or felt uncomfortable. And, in all honesty, Ilona could've made things more to her liking at the ODMA if she would've only spoken up. Whenever Lalonde or the others asked if she was okay, Ilona would tell them she was fine. Ilona wouldn't even try to make things better for herself. It was almost as if she had been fishing for more reasons to dislike the place. Deep down, Ilona was more of a stubborn, wild soul than anyone knew, but few had really taken the time to learn about her on such a level.

And maybe, even if people had tried to get to know Ilona on such a level, they had been shut out. The girl kept herself withdrawn from most of the individuals who had been around her while she had stayed at the ODMA. She tended to keep conversations with them short, and stayed in her own room away from them as much as possible. It was an attempt to keep her heart guarded, to avoid gaining more attachments to people whom she felt may not care much for her in the end.

"Still, sometimes at night before sleeping," Ilona began to say, smiling softly, "I would imagine Miss Ruby bursting into my room and taking me away with her to an island vacation with all of you, all of my friends, just as we spoke of at the end of Civil War. This award show almost reminds me of that dream because of the fact all of you are here right now. If I leave you all, will I ever see you again?" she asked, the smile leaving her lips.

@Mason Moretti @Verite @Midnight Maiden @york

Sion01.png

Sion10.png

Sniffle.

Although he was replying to Mason, Ilona would interject Shiki long enough to say, "I want you around. Whether that's enough for you to return or not, it's the truth. I hope you take it into consideration. You aren't unwanted. Should you ever choose to return, you will always have a friend in me and--" Ilona cut herself off, suddenly flustered when she would see Sion's sudden appearance.

embarrassed_by_ellisaire_dawgcpm_by_kwkatz09-dawsqga.png

"Ah, no, no, no! Please refrain from such a sad expression!" she exclaimed, quite easily guilt-tripped. Unknowingly, Ilona's voice grew loud again, as if she were yelling. "It is typical for me not to speak my mind about things bothering me! Do not take it to heart I failed to ask for much at the ODMA!" Finally realizing how she sounded, Ilona cleared her throat and quieted. "...and, as for Miss Sophie and Miss Tracer, please do not take my words as a personal insult to them. I never got to know Miss Tracer very well, as I avoided her along with most everyone else. I did enjoy Miss Sophie's company, but..."

I was too unhappy to fully enjoy her company. And still, I kept my heart guarded from her, as I do most others.

Glancing back to Shiki, Ilona would shrug her shoulders. "I have no right to judge Miss Lalonde or Miss Ritsuko. Admittedly, I owe much to Miss Lalonde. Still, my life is mine alone. It does not belong to them as you just agreed a moment ago, and I will not do as they ask forever. I will do as I please."

wink_by_ellisaire_db2phfe_by_kwkatz09-db2s02a.png

"Nevertheless, you shan't know what I will do next. I don't think I'll tell you~" she remarked with a wink, her words sounding playful towards the end. "What would be the fun of spoiling to you the actions I plan to take in the story of my life? While you may say your story has come to a close, Sir Shiki, mine is only just beginning. There are still plenty of things I must do. My tale will most assuredly be interesting. Look forward to it."

Ilona would turn somber, however, furrowing her brows when she would hear Shiki mutter an apology, followed by Ryan uttering an apology as well. "Forgive me, but such apologies are... hogwash," she would say to both of them with a gentle scolding tone. "If you act uncertain we'll see one another again, we most definitely will not see each other again. If I am truly your friend, if either of you care for me, then look at me and tell me that we will see one another again. No apologies, no excuses. Just tell me that you'll see me later, and that you look forward to it. Don't leave it up to the "unknown" as you called it, Sir Shiki. Our fates are in our own hands. If we believe hard enough, we can do anything we put our minds to."

Smiling tenderly, she would address Shiki saying, "You promised to introduce me to your sister and your friends, remember? I look forward to the day that can happen, and us visiting again. Anyhow-- Oh, and don't pat me on the head next time we meet. I'm not fond of that. I wouldn't mind if you gave me sunflowers again though; I love them! And that is not me coming onto you before you ask, Sir Shiki," she added, repeating his words from earlier with a laugh. "So, until next time, I sincerely hope you enjoy your peaceful life... how's that for a see you later?"

Stepping closer to Ryan, Ilona gently reached out to brush her fingers over the dried flower pinned to her chest. She would then reach down, tenderly picking up one of her friends hands. She would place Ryan's hand over her own heart, shaking her head to once again affirm she didn't want an apology from the other girl. "What's done is done. I could've tried to find you too, or send you letters, yet I never did. I refuse to let you shoulder any guilt over this. But if you must shoulder guilt, allow me to shoulder it with you. I'm equally as guilty." Ilona smiled. "However, instead of shouldering guilt, I think we should focus on the future and promise to see one another again to make up for lost time. I care not if this event is non-canon and we won't remember making such promises to one another."

Ilona paused to tighten her hold on Ryan's hand. "Our hearts will remember what our minds forget. Our bond is stronger than memories. So, when we meet, be prepared for me to hug you so hard that I may split you in two," the girl said with a laugh. "Then, afterwards, we can talk about our lives, have lunch, and go shopping. We can do silly things such as trying on various funny outfits and reminiscing on the strange things Sir Deoxys told us as children. Then... we can stay up all night talking about anything and everything. After we've stayed up all night... we can watch the sunrise. I do love a good sunrise," she said softly, her eyes starting to tear up. "O-Okay?"

crying_smile_by_kwkatz09-db4ogor.png

Ilona dropped her hands from Ryan's, reaching up to wipe her eyes. "And that, Miss Ryan, is my see you later for us..."

@Midnight Maiden @Verite @Mason Moretti @york

"Oh. My plan was going to be to try and jump ship before the non-canon ended. I suppose my canon self has had enough existential crises of his own. Kinda ruined my mood to cause chaos. I suppose whatever happens happens. We'll say our 'see-you-later's and be okay on our merry ways."

@Verite

"Hey, Ryan, sweetie, don't cry on us! From what I've seen, you're definitely a friend that I would wish to call my own, even outside the influence of alcohol. You cared for Ilona and did what you could. What else would anybody ask for in a friend?"

Macy paused for a moment to think and to let Ilona respond.
Smiling tenderly, she would address Shiki saying, "You promised to introduce me to your sister and your friends, remember? I look forward to the day that can happen, and us visiting again.

Ilona paused to tighten her hold on Ryan's hand. "Our hearts will remember what our minds forget. Our bond is stronger than memories. So, when we meet, be prepared for me to hug you so hard that I may split you in two," the girl said with a laugh.

"I, too, wish to see you again, Miss Ryan. I'm positive that, if we met again, we would be fast friends. Healers must stick together, right? I promise, I'll find some way in canon to give you an adventure."

@Midnight Maiden

Mason smiled, infected with Macy's eager attitude.

"I wish I had parting words to match yours, Ilona. Lady Ilona? Cam I just ask one favor of you? Please read that letter again once you're out there. Take it, and rememver it if you need help. I would come running from the opposite end of the multiverse if I knew you needed help. That's what friends do. Let me know whenever you wish to be free."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Zinnia let out a huff of hot air, almost as heated as her anger toward the annoying cat girl before her. She would pick up another cake afterwards, lightly tossing it into the air and catching it again with the same hand.

Ww0hsfU.png

"I've had just about enough of you, stupid cat! [Beep] you! You [beep]ing piece of [beep]! Why don't you go suck a [beep] and jump into a [beep]ing volcano! I hate your [beep]ing guts!"

Continuing to spout a mass of colorful language, Zinnia would toss her second cake at Tarlotte. More frustrated than she had been during her first toss, the lorekeeper's accuracy had dropped somewhat. Because of this, the cake flew past Tarlotte, past Jack Frost, and eventually hit someone else in the back of the head.
Jack Frost
Interacting with: Tarlotte, Zinnia, Others?

Hey! Jack Frost won an award! Though, it seemed that as he dashed over to retrieve it and returned, it seemed that Zinnia and Tarlotte had gotten themselves into quite the spat... In fact, he had come back just in time to get hit right in the face, causing him to flinch a little, before he wiped what he could off, ending up leaving a few smears of icing and crumbs on his face here and there.

"Well... That's one way to serve-..." He started, rubbing the back of his neck.

Unfortunately, he didn't get enough time to finish, as it was apparent that Zinnia was quite worked up by Tarlotte's antics, and decided to try and toss another cake her way... Unfortunately, it seemed to have missed its mark, flying towards an unsuspecting attendee of this awards show (that was now over, it seemed), hitting them right in the back of the head.

rQp1MfQ.gif

"... Whoops..." He said, wincing a little.

Looks like things weren't quite going the way he planned, buuut... Considering how far things have escalated, he realized that a food fight was inevitable. Though granted, throwing cakes would be out of the question for him, considering how it got on Tarlotte's nerves, he had plenty of other ammunition to choose from.

Thus, he eyed the desserts littering the table, eventually deciding on a pie of some sort (looked to be blueberry or something), taking it up in one hand as he took carefull aim towards Zinnia, who he deduced had been the one to hit him with a cake.

"Alright! This... Means... War!" He hollered, and with that, he sent the pie flying towards Zinnia, attempting to hit her smack in the face.

Little did the Guardian of joy know, that he had, in the process of picking up that pie, had covered it with a fine layer of joy-laced snow! True to his nature... It looks like Jack Frost was instigating a food fight! Though it was hard to say if that snow that was covering the pie would actually end up quelling Zinnia's anger, producing fun, joy, and laughter in its place... But, hey... Perhaps if he couldn't talk them down with words alone, he figured it wouldn't hurt having some fun instead!

Ruby Rose
Interacting with: Weiss, Gir, Others?

Ruby stopped for a moment, looking over Gir as she tried to figure out who, or what he was... Her gaze growing more and more intense, to the point where you could almost see the gear(s) turning in her head, but eventually, she spoke up.

ijGYvM8.gif

"A... Robot?" She said looking a bit puzzled.

Even she wasn't quite sure what he was, at all... And it looked like she was only further befuddled as he pulled out some sort of puppy from some sort of compartment in his head.

There was a small moment of silence, as she quickly realized that with the state that puppy was in, Weiss might just lose it... Iiin a good way, or a bad way, but before she could speak up in protest, something moved in the backpack she had on...

"Arf!" Came a muffled, but quite audible bark.

"Ah! ... Um... I can explain!" Ruby stammered quickly, elbowing her backpack lightly.

Looks like she had meant to keep whatever was in her backpack a secret, for one reason or another, but... Well, the cat was out of the bag, or in this case... The dog.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Verite
@Others that I have missed
Upon hearing tha weird barking coming from Ruby's backpack, a wide grin formed on Gir's face.

"LEPRECHAUNS!!!" Gir yelled before running over to Ruby's backpack and immediately opening it, lifting up the dog and shaking it around crazily.

"GIMME YOUR GOLD!! IMMA GONNA BE ME SOME WAFFLES!"

@Midnight Maiden @york
"..."

For perhaps the first time as far as these events were concerned, Shirou wore a blank expression on his face. He was perpetually plagued by a sense that he'd already seen something before, which was often what prompted him to search for the unknown through reckless actions.

However, that sense wasn't all-knowing.

He'd half-expected her to just give up. "I was unable to do this, are you displeased?" Something along those lines. Maybe she'd try to make a weird face, or something. But hitting herself in the face?

"...Hahaha. Hahahaha!"

Shirou burst out into laughter before putting a hand on her shoulder. It was too bad they wouldn't remember this once all was said and done. Cause that was definitely something interesting.

"Yeah, yeah that was pretty good. But now I've seen that, so ya can't do it anymore, yeah? Too bad though, I don't carry any band-aids around like some kinda soccer mom or some shit like that."

Patting her on the shoulder comfortingly, he looked up at the awards displayed. So he'd gotten one for killing that Lana woman. Not exactly an award to be proud about, but the fact it was something he'd done that was memorable was satisfactory enough. He didn't give a damn how others saw it, as long as they did see it. His story made an impact on everyone else's, and that was all he needed.

As if to completely contradict what he'd told Setsuna earlier however, he didn't move to take it. Raising his gun, he fired at the board, obliterating it with a .50 caliber bullet.

"Well that's the end, ain't it?"

With his usual smirk, he took another look at the red mark on Setsuna's cheek. Even if she'd decided on that as her way to surprise him, it was rather interesting she seemed to slap herself at full force. She could've just done it lightly, right? But then again, perhaps it was that wholehearted self-injury that had caught him off-guard.

So Shirou gave her a kiss. Apparently that was, somehow, her "mana source" so it should have aided in her recovery. Though it wasn't like the injury would have mattered much, due to both her physiology and the fact everything here "didn't happen," but even still since she injured herself for him, it was on him to fix it too. Eventually, he pulled away.

"Guess it's time to head out, huh? Party's over."

@Midnight Maiden
rsz_crouch_by_teh_zombish-davzv5c.jpg

"...Mwhat's with you, huh? I knew you were weird before, but only really crazy humans say beep, beep, beep!" Tarlotte remarked, glaring at Zinnia as she idly tossed the cake up and down. "Same goes for throwing cake, meow!!! Meow're insane!!!" Really, who in their right mind could waste cake, even to get back at someone?! It was absolutely infuriating, and as Zinnia threw yet another cupcake, Tarlotte dropped into an enraged crouch, tail and ears shooting straight up with hackles raised and fur on end. "I'm gonna make mew pay, meow!!"

Completely oblivious and uncaring of who the cake may or may not have hit, Tarlotte began to charge toward Zinnia, beginning to summon up a metal leg as she leapt into the air, preparing to punt the girl with it.... Only to pause, the thing vanishing as she observed something else play out with the woman. Something unexpected. Something horrible. Something....

....that made her land with a blank expression, staring at the female with a straight face for a few moments before slowly, bursting into laughter.

Pie, all over her face! Ha! Nearly keeling over with laughter, Tarlotte pointed at Zinnia briefly, still laughing as she spoke. "H-ha! Mew were ugly before, but meow you look a little prettier, weird girl! Blue is a good color on you; it hides your stupid face really well! Hahaha!" she taunted, once again turning to wag her tail mockingly at the girl before bounding over to the nearest table and peering over it, seeming to look for something. Which, she found rather quickly, eyes trained to find it by now. Golden eyes shimmered with joy at the sight, salivating from it and the smell alone.

Vanilla cake.

Not caring about the matter of Zinnia anymore, Tarlotte licked her lips, preparing to dig into a slice. Hopefully no one would interrupt her....

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

---

1_by_teh_zombish-db5kw93.png

"...Disgusting! Get that thing out of my face, right this instant!!" Weiss had shrieked when GIR had originally stuck the germy thing in her face, only to- thankfully -back down. Breathing a sigh of relief, Weiss pinched the bridge of her nose, feeling heavily frustrated. "Ugh, I don't know what sort of mechanized garbage you are, but clearly your creator didn't have even half of a brain. You lack--" Weiss began to go off, only to hear the bark and notice Ruby elbowing her backpack. Quickly, a deadpan came to Weiss, her voice monotonous as she spoke. "...Ruby, was that what I think it was?"

Moments later, it was indeed confirmed that it was, in fact, precisely what she thought it was. Only, she wasn't upset with Ruby; no, she instead seemed to panic at the other party.

"What are you doing?! Put Zwei down right this instant, you mindless barbaric scrap pile!!!" she snapped, aiming to snatch Zwei away from GIR.

@thatguyinthestore @york

---

Briefly looking up to the stage with mild surprise upon hearing her name called a few times, Setsuna blinked owlishly, wearing a somewhat appalled and confused expression and briefly distracted from her waiting for a reply from Shirou. Instead, after a brief pause, she spoke again. "Congratulations on your award, Shirou... but, what is a 'prologue'?" she asked, curiously. "Additionally, why are we listed for... 'best romance'? ...did others view us as having romantic affairs?" she inquired further, seeming slightly confused. She wanted to ask one more thing, but before she could, she found herself cut off by laughter from Shirou, who had moments ago worn the straightest face she had seen from him since they first met.

"..."

Momentarily, Setsuna just stared as he laughed, unsure what to make of it. Had her questions been ridiculous? Or had she, perhaps, unknowingly done something silly? She tried to think on it. Was her attempt to do something unexpected so poor that he found it laughable? Or did she perhaps have something on her face? ...Ah. Right. It was likely the slap had left some sort of mark. Perhaps that was it? Well, regardless of the reason for his laughter, the Absolute Angel was relieved to hear Shirou say that she had done well, and even rest a hand on her shoulder- both things that made the female smile contentedly. Any amount of pain was worth it for him, and honestly, it hadn't hurt too badly, anyways. She had experienced much worse in her fights with the other Absolute Angels. The slap was nothing.

"Do not worry, Shirou. I do not require... 'band-aids'," she stated to reassure him. "I am perfectly alright." That was true. It hadn't done any real damage, and so long as she didn't exert herself too much from here on out. Though, now that the show was over, it was unlikely she'd have to worry, anyways. She may have expressed that, if not for Shirou drawing his gun, and promptly shooting up the award he had received. She could have said something about how he had told her if she had won something that she should accept it, or stated that the gesture was silly and he should be happy he won the thing.

But to be honest, she didn't feel the need to say any of that. Whatever made him happy made her happy; even if that meant shooting an award.

Humming softly with a small nod, Setsuna uttered a response to Shirou's observation that the show had come to it's end. "I suppose so," she murmured, soft as ever, hands carefully folded in front of her. Even though she hadn't understood the entire concept of the award show at first(or even, fully, in the end), she had enjoyed herself in her time here, if only due to getting to see her acquaintances once again. The idea of leaving wasn't the most enticing, but she knew it had to be done. Besides, even if she was leaving those such as Senna and Hakuei and company, she still would have Shirou's company--

Ah...?

rsz_1setshirou_by_teh_zombish-db7oa7n.png

Before she knew what was happening, Setsuna found herself ensnared in a kiss from Shirou, seeming almost as though surprised by the gesture for once. She had not been sad; nor had she been harmed. And those were the only reasons she ever received kisses- or even that most normal people did, from her understanding. So why he had so carefully moved in to kiss her was completely beyond her--.... Ah. It must've been the slap. Surely he just had assumed that, despite her reassurance, she still required healing. And, of course, it worked; the gentle light that likely was familiar to the male by now enveloped them once more, the mark on Setsuna's face slowly dissipating til she seemed the same as normal once again. Still, it had hardly been that big of a deal. Surely he knew she could withstand more than just a slap, right?

...She shouldn't linger on it. She wouldn't want to get the wrong idea.

Regardless, the contact was nice. It was different, receiving such gentle and tender treatment, for what felt like so little purpose. Enjoyable, even. But even so, Setsuna uttered no objection when Shirou pulled away, only briefly bowing her head. "...Thank you, Shirou," she uttered with a faint smile, hoping to demonstrate her appreciation properly. Though, his statement that the party was over earned a thoughtful pause. "It would seem so... I am ready to depart whenever you see fit."

@Kaykay

"Oh. My plan was going to be to try and jump ship before the non-canon ended. I suppose my canon self has had enough existential crises of his own. Kinda ruined my mood to cause chaos. I suppose whatever happens happens. We'll say our 'see-you-later's and be okay on our merry ways."

@Verite

"Hey, Ryan, sweetie, don't cry on us! From what I've seen, you're definitely a friend that I would wish to call my own, even outside the influence of alcohol. You cared for Ilona and did what you could. What else would anybody ask for in a friend?"

Macy paused for a moment to think and to let Ilona respond.

"I, too, wish to see you again, Miss Ryan. I'm positive that, if we met again, we would be fast friends. Healers must stick together, right? I promise, I'll find some way in canon to give you an adventure."

@Midnight Maiden

Mason smiled, infected with Macy's eager attitude.

"I wish I had parting words to match yours, Ilona. Lady Ilona? Cam I just ask one favor of you? Please read that letter again once you're out there. Take it, and rememver it if you need help. I would come running from the opposite end of the multiverse if I knew you needed help. That's what friends do. Let me know whenever you wish to be free."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Cheza smiled as she returned to Mason's side and listened to the conversations going on, where she had been? Not really important since dhe wasn't that far. Only making sure Toboe was still awake and all.

"This one would gladly help you if you needed it, Ilona. Toboe too." she spoke up, smile still in place as Toboe moved to make himself more visable from the background, nodding in agreement with Mason and Cheza's statements.

@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @others

Reactions: Mason Moretti
Status
Not open for further replies.