Status
Not open for further replies.
q46SgKg.png

"Why do I get the feeling I've missed something here..."

Dorian looked between Selene and Giorno. Was this man's name supposed to mean something to Dorian? Perhaps it didn't quite matter if these people were not from Thedas like Dorian was quickly starting to surmise.

He turned to Connor and regarded him with a nod. He looked rather out of sorts compared to the others. "Well, dear Connor, if you're not up for swapping barbed comments about trust, then perhaps you could regale us by providing something interesting. Such as, what you remember before waking up amidst such pleasant company? You see, we have time to spare before those crowding the billboard have a moment to pass on what they can read. So, I myself was having a grand old time routing out some unscrupulous mages. Or, more precisely... I was looking for a friend. Ended up here rather suddenly."

@Kaykay @penguin055 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @york @RightStructure

oGTGTyj.png

After just barely gaining a sense of where he was, Link was taken aback by the sight of Prince Sidon in his presence. Scratching his head, Link would simple shrug his shoulders before gesturing to this strange area. He wouldn't speak at first, but the young hero's body language was more than enough to show his friend that he hadn't a clue as to where they were.

I don't understand. One minute I was on my way to the castle, but now I'm here. There has to be an explanation as to why.

Although he tried to think over his circumstances, the boy would be shaken from any of his thoughts by the sound of a familiar voice. Upon laying his blue eyes on the revived Zora princess, Link would pale. The girl had been dead and gone, yet here she was. Was he dreaming?

Unable to help himself, the hylian champion would reach out and touch Mipha's arm, half expecting his hand to fade through her. The last time he had seen her, she was a spirit.

"Are you... real?" he asked, struggling to believe what he was seeing. For all he knew, Ganon had created an illusion of Mipha, a person he cared about, to fool him.

@Mason Moretti @Bomb @Others​

The sensation was overbearing being so close to Link. The sight of the hero, the sound of his voice, and the feeling of his soft hands pressing against her smooth scales overpowered Mipha. A modest amount of blood rushed to her cheeks, which she hoped would remain hidden among the red palette of her scales. It was dark, so there was hope for her to regain her composure.

Yet her body acted against her. She enfolded Link in her arms and held on tight. Her spirit's one wish was to not lose this hero again.

"Yes, I'm real," she said, nearly crying, "but I am not as sure of the reality we are in. This darkness clings like Calamity Ganon's Malice. I hope it does not wear on our souls in the same way."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @others​

@york
@ glow crew

When no one responded, the apprehension turned to panic. Where was she, where was squad, where was anyone? Did the Omnics take her prisoner, was this one of their sick mind games. Zarya noticed, that somehow, her particle cannon was still with her, hmph, of all the things that reminded her of home, her cannon probably reminded her the most, the destruction, the carnage.

Zarya shook her head, to clear herself of those thoughts, thinking about that wouldn't help anyone. She was lost in thought, but she suddenly came back to reality when she noticed a faint blue glow. What was that, a way out perhaps?

Shrugging to herself, Zarya picked up her particle cannon and Decided to try and find the source of the faint blue glow

Azuma only looked at Eygon as though to say 'I told you so.' She didn't seem condescending though so much as just passive or tired. Then she looked back at the pendant.

Well at least the bench didn't break. Yet.

"I like birds more," Azuma interjected, not quite getting what they were actually talking about before suddenly a whole crowd of people seemed to appear.

kMhByGM.png

"Lamp," Azuma said, pointing up at the lamp next to the bench. She was still looking at the pendant, but the girl didn't feel like pointing that out to the rest. If everyone gathered around it with her, that'd just be annoying. One or two people was plenty. No need for more.

She didn't really appear to note the fact she was talking to anthropomorphic animals. Whether she didn't care or just hadn't noticed somehow was yet to be seen.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon[/color]​

tumblr_m1tppywm5G1rplnhzo1_500.png

"Ah, birds. I...um...like them too?" he responded after she had brought up birds. Did she not understand what they were talking about when they brought up sheep?

When she brought up the lamp, his red eyes glanced upwards towards it.

The lamp may have been important, but there was no real way to tell.

Eygon sighed. Did he really have to explain the meaning behind his words?

"Ignorant fool. Don't make me waste my breath."

Eygon's eyes narrowed, though nobody could see it through his helmet. They also couldn't see him internally facepalming. He said one thing.

"Why must pyromancers always be so blind?

"What she said."

Eygon also noticed the group arrive.

"Hmph. What the hell are you all here for? We've no business with you. Be gone."

Shion wasn't completely phased by Eygon's words, seeming to brush them off pretty well. He was called lots of things, at one point even being refered to as a demon, so this wasn't a big deal for him. Though, as he glanced to the knight there was a glint in the young man's eyes, something dark. It was only there for a short while, but faded just as fast as it came. Nezumi wasn't here, so perhaps that was a good thing- meant he had less of a chance to snap on somebody for saying something unsavory to his friend.

When Eygon addressed the others, Shion just glanced to the group.

"There's not much here other than what's been pointed out already, and I'm not sure if you'd all stand to hang around here anyway." he spoke up, hinting at Eygon's crappy attitude.

@york @Otto @MetalNova

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @The Myrmidon @anybody I missed

Reactions: Otto
tumblr_inline_n3u8u8mrip1sbxwvg_by_teh_zombish-db2no58.png

"..."

At first, Wes was completely silent, just continuing to glare at the obviously younger boy without much emotion about him as he did so. But after a pause, he begrudgingly spoke. "..I wouldn't normally go outta my way to help some kid, but seeing as I haven't really got a choi...--" Wait a second. Something the bumbling little blonde said suddenly got to him, making his eyes briefly widen before narrowing again. Warily, with more conviction, he stared at the child, suddenly leaning a bit closer as though to scrutinize him with those intense golden eyes.

"...What'd you say, kid? You're a gym leader?" he muttered with disbelief, seeming almost as though disgusted by the idea. Who the hell had the bright idea of letting some little runt run a gym, if he had heard him right? It probably wasn't too big a deal, but still... With a shake of his head and a scoff, Wes finally drew back, getting out of Clemont's personal space and shoving his hands in his pockets. What a pain. Not only was he going to have to find out how he and Rui had gotten here and how to get them back home, but now he'd have to keep an eye on some lost little boy.

Great way to kick off the day.

tumblr_inline_n3uj7ewhlc1sbxwvg_by_teh_zombish-db2njzz.png

Meanwhile, Rui observed the exchange with a slight frown, still stroking Buddy's back with a gentle hand all the while. But there was a point that she felt that had been enough. Standing up after a moment- with Buddy in her arms, if the Eevee would allow her to hold him -she shot Wes a stern look. "Oh, come on, Wes. Give him a break," she chided, lightly. fully aware of how uncomfortable and nervous poor Clemont appeared to be. Satisfied with the fact Wes at least shut up- though he also rolled his eyes at her comment -she looked to the younger boy and put on a bright smile.

tumblr_inline_msoicv4ygr1qz4rgp_by_teh_zombish-db2njop.png

"Hey there! I'm not sure entirely where Lumiose City is, but I'd be happy to help you find your way back," she chimed, sincerely. "..Oh, and don't mind Wes... He's just.. a bit upset right now, is all," she explained, stealing a glance at her counterpart with a sheepish, apologetic expression. It was obvious that the comment annoyed Wes, but for better or worse, he didn't comment. Suddenly, however, she seemed to realize something. "Oh! I'm sorry, I totally forgot my manners... I'm Rui!" she introduced, and- depending on whether or not Buddy had let her pick him up -she would either extend a hand for a shake, or, well, seem as though about to before remembering the Pokemon in her arms.

@Lissamel @Crow @Bluelightcrew​
...They didn't know how to get to Lumiose? Oooooh, boy. He was pretty far from Kalos, wasn't he? That did make him a little nervous. Anybody could point to Lumiose City on a map, what with the giant Prism Tower right in the middle of it. This...Could be bad. Well, at least that scary-looking person didn't seem to be in his face anymore. He drew in a breath, calming himself down. Wes and Rui. Interesting names. Probably foreign. Hoenn, maybe? The only foreigners he'd met were Ash, and those Team Rocket goons by extension. This could be a valuable learning experience!

ezimba13625422308700.jpg

His nerves hadn't totally died down, but he adjusted his glasses a bit. "Nice to meet you, Rui, Wes. I'm Clemont. I-I'm the gym leader of Lumiose City, in the Kalos region." Then there was a pause, and he tacked on at the end, "...The fifth gym leader, according to the official Kalos League documentation on the subject."

Being the fifth gym leader was important. Koga, Chuck, Norman, Fantina, Clay...Those were all important people, at least insofar as he'd heard from stories and official documentations. He wasn't just 'some kid', he was some kid of...Well, at least moderate importance. He got the feeling he wasn't going to be earning Wes's respect anytime soon, though. Which was fine by him. As long as Wes didn't leave him on the side of the road to be mauled by Gourgeist or anything (and judging by the dynamics between the two, Rui certainly wouldn't let him get away with that), Clemont was more than happy.

Whether or not he shook Rui's hand back, though, depended on the position of the Eevee. Either way, he did put on a smile, already feeling a bit safer.

[ @Midnight Maiden @Crow @BLUELIGHT ]​

@Midnight Maiden
@Crow
@Lissamel
@bluelight crew

As Zarya approached the mysterious blue glow, she found herself in the group of...children. Or at the very most, people much younger than she was, she set her particle cannon on the floor and watched the group of youngsters introduce themselves. Feeling a bit awkard, Zarya finally decided to step forward.

"Greetings comrades, by chance, do any of you know where we are?" She asked

"...Is that an Eevee?"

Eevee weren't exactly the most common thing in the Kalos region. Maybe they were more common here? Clemont paused to catch his breath before looking at the Pokemon with an interested smile. Was it her Eevee? If it was, he really was glad to see at least something familiar. This place had Pokemon trainers! Maybe they would even know the way back home! ...Hopefully this place wasn't too far away...

His line of almost positive thinking was stopped when a very harsh-looking male addressed him. Urk. Hopefully he wasn't about to be challenged to a battle while defenseless. He didn't want to white out here.

"U-um, well...Actually..."

c28e2bfd6e4560a7b571a11012879b8d.jpg

"...I'm just about as lost as you must be. But, um, maybe if you can help me get back to Lumiose City, I could find the way back from my gym...I'd gl-gladly help you back, too, if you need that."

Clemont swallowed, taking a step back. This guy was not helping to ease his nerves. B-besides, he wasn't that young! He was totally someone worthy of respect. ...Despite lacking a track record to prove that claim.

[ @Midnight Maiden @Crow ]​

tumblr_inline_n3u8u8mrip1sbxwvg_by_teh_zombish-db2no58.png

"..."

At first, Wes was completely silent, just continuing to glare at the obviously younger boy without much emotion about him as he did so. But after a pause, he begrudgingly spoke. "..I wouldn't normally go outta my way to help some kid, but seeing as I haven't really got a choi...--" Wait a second. Something the bumbling little blonde said suddenly got to him, making his eyes briefly widen before narrowing again. Warily, with more conviction, he stared at the child, suddenly leaning a bit closer as though to scrutinize him with those intense golden eyes.

"...What'd you say, kid? You're a gym leader?" he muttered with disbelief, seeming almost as though disgusted by the idea. Who the hell had the bright idea of letting some little runt run a gym, if he had heard him right? It probably wasn't too big a deal, but still... With a shake of his head and a scoff, Wes finally drew back, getting out of Clemont's personal space and shoving his hands in his pockets. What a pain. Not only was he going to have to find out how he and Rui had gotten here and how to get them back home, but now he'd have to keep an eye on some lost little boy.

Great way to kick off the day.

tumblr_inline_n3uj7ewhlc1sbxwvg_by_teh_zombish-db2njzz.png

Meanwhile, Rui observed the exchange with a slight frown, still stroking Buddy's back with a gentle hand all the while. But there was a point that she felt that had been enough. Standing up after a moment- with Buddy in her arms, if the Eevee would allow her to hold him -she shot Wes a stern look. "Oh, come on, Wes. Give him a break," she chided, lightly. fully aware of how uncomfortable and nervous poor Clemont appeared to be. Satisfied with the fact Wes at least shut up- though he also rolled his eyes at her comment -she looked to the younger boy and put on a bright smile.

tumblr_inline_msoicv4ygr1qz4rgp_by_teh_zombish-db2njop.png

"Hey there! I'm not sure entirely where Lumiose City is, but I'd be happy to help you find your way back," she chimed, sincerely. "..Oh, and don't mind Wes... He's just.. a bit upset right now, is all," she explained, stealing a glance at her counterpart with a sheepish, apologetic expression. It was obvious that the comment annoyed Wes, but for better or worse, he didn't comment. Suddenly, however, she seemed to realize something. "Oh! I'm sorry, I totally forgot my manners... I'm Rui!" she introduced, and- depending on whether or not Buddy had let her pick him up -she would either extend a hand for a shake, or, well, seem as though about to before remembering the Pokemon in her arms.

@Lissamel @Crow @Bluelightcrew​
...They didn't know how to get to Lumiose? Oooooh, boy. He was pretty far from Kalos, wasn't he? That did make him a little nervous. Anybody could point to Lumiose City on a map, what with the giant Prism Tower right in the middle of it. This...Could be bad. Well, at least that scary-looking person didn't seem to be in his face anymore. He drew in a breath, calming himself down. Wes and Rui. Interesting names. Probably foreign. Hoenn, maybe? The only foreigners he'd met were Ash, and those Team Rocket goons by extension. This could be a valuable learning experience!

ezimba13625422308700.jpg

His nerves hadn't totally died down, but he adjusted his glasses a bit. "Nice to meet you, Rui, Wes. I'm Clemont. I-I'm the gym leader of Lumiose City, in the Kalos region." Then there was a pause, and he tacked on at the end, "...The fifth gym leader, according to the official Kalos League documentation on the subject."

Being the fifth gym leader was important. Koga, Chuck, Norman, Fantina, Clay...Those were all important people, at least insofar as he'd heard from stories and official documentations. He wasn't just 'some kid', he was some kid of...Well, at least moderate importance. He got the feeling he wasn't going to be earning Wes's respect anytime soon, though. Which was fine by him. As long as Wes didn't leave him on the side of the road to be mauled by Gourgeist or anything (and judging by the dynamics between the two, Rui certainly wouldn't let him get away with that), Clemont was more than happy.

Whether or not he shook Rui's hand back, though, depended on the position of the Eevee. Either way, he did put on a smile, already feeling a bit safer.

[ @Midnight Maiden @Crow @BLUELIGHT ]​
@Midnight Maiden
@Crow
@Lissamel
@bluelight crew

As Zarya approached the mysterious blue glow, she found herself in the group of...children. Or at the very most, people much younger than she was, she set her particle cannon on the floor and watched the group of youngsters introduce themselves. Feeling a bit awkard, Zarya finally decided to step forward.

"Greetings comrades, by chance, do any of you know where we are?" She asked

w9oWu1U.jpg

"Skree-ee-ee!" Buddy greets the bespectacled human as he officially arrives at the scene. Buddy, while unable to fully understand the words, seemed to understand a few of the words spoken.

"That... Eevee?"

That was how the Eevee percieved and heard the speech of the bespectacled human. Buddy simply nods in response to those words, agreeing that he was an Eevee.

Buddy seemed to love being petted by these individuals, especially since they reminded him of his home world, that is, his home world before the attack of the giant metal sky beasts. They had the scent of Pokemon on them, a scent he hadn't picked up in quite a few homesick months.

His time spent with the one he recognised as his 'green, transforming human companion' reduced this homesickness, but the feeling could never truly go away.

Buddy gladly allowed himself to be picked by the pigtails lady, rubbing his fur against her arms.

Buddy was glad that the bespectacled boy had cheered up, evolving from a prior nervous state to a more comfortable one. He of all Pokemon knew how it felt to be thrown out of home and into an alien place, after all.

Just then, a muscular woman walks into the fray. Buddy noticed that she was a little confused, and inferred that she, like most people, were asking where they were or if they knew anything about where they were.

9RjOhYp.jpg

"Skree..." Buddy shook his head, signifying a 'no' as a reply to the muscular woman.

@Lissamel @Midnight Maiden @Crow @Nater Taters

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Eygon of Carim @Left Structures

@MetalNova @york

The longer Eygon remained in this void, the more he paid attention to the people here. At first, he completely ignored the fact that there were tens of people who were also pulled out of their worlds.

When he noticed Rosa cast a light spell, he immediately thought that she was Irina. It took him to a second to realize that he was incorrect. She was just another person talented in the art of miracles. This was a mild disappointment, but at least there was somebody here that resembled the culture of his universe. Most of the people here looked and acted strangely.

He noticed swathes of people gather around near the blue light and the right structures.

The only people at the left structures were Azuma and himself. There was an awkward silence. Nobody else seemed to be interested in the left structures.

Eygon had a huge mace, a huge shield, and armor that made him look demonic. Combined with how tall he was in comparison to Azuma, he expected her to cower in fear. However, she didn't. She probably wasn't intimidated by Eygon's appearance at all. He respected her for that, at least a little bit.

He peered down at her through his helmet.

084R4Ia.jpg

"Hmm, you look like a weak child, and yet you aren't intimidated by my presence. How unusual..."

He glanced at the two other key locations: the right structures, and the blue light.

"Look at all of those social butterflies... They probably think huddling together will make things better. Ridiculous."

He looked back at Azuma.

"You and I, we're different."

"Hmm..."

Eygon noticed that the lamp was doing a shoddy job of illuminating the area because of how filthy it was. Clearly the owner of this void was not maintaining the place.

He stood on the bench and attempted to clean the lamp. Because Eygon was quite tall, he could comfortably reach it.

Let's hope the bench doesn't snap from the weight....

Seisa Mikagura had no grand story to tell. Not here. She'd only gone to sleep as usual, and then woken up in a strange place with minimal lighting but a large amount of strangers. Sighing, she got up and took a look around at the things that weren't people.

A strange blue light was in front of her, a bench was to her left, and some piece of paper was to her right. The question then was which was the most important thing to look at?

For now she decided on the piece of paper and headed to the right.

tumblr_inline_nbhtr60tn81s3r5n5.png

"Hmm..."

Ignoring the rest of the group, she peered at the paper. Writing, and something like a map, was it? It seemed she'd picked the right place. Taking a glance at the lamp, she picked it up.

"Killing Art."

Seisa aimed to overwrite the space around the lamp and change its status from "unlit" to "lit."

@Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @york @Josh M @penguin055

"Tch... just how many people are we going to gather here?"

Despite the obviousness that she had to rely on possible outside help from these people to return to where she came from, A2 clearly did not function well when there was a large amassing of individuals in one location. It was most likely a trait she developed upon being deployed by YoRHa, and not something expected in her programming. Aside from that, it was going to get tiresome if they kept on repeating the same answer to the newcomers that they had nothing to go off of when it came to their exact location. Before she would abandon this group and do something on her own possibly, she didn't bother to look over to see what her throwing sword technique had done earlier.

That strange object from earlier was grazed by that thrown projectile, uncovering what was an unlit lamp. Something similar to the records she carried onto when traveling through ruins of human civilization back on Earth. From quick examination, she could guess that it would need a fuel to light it up, but by doing that, she wasn't sure what else that could accomplish other than enabling the billboard's writing to be readable.

tumblr_onk5ejxUmq1ssytzao1_r1_540.gif

"Say, someone go and light up this lamp. I would do it myself, but lack of resources makes this a pain for me. So someone else has to do it."

A2 was quite blunt with her words, disregarding the other conversations going about in this unofficial group they had here. She didn't care for where these individuals came from. She didn't want to repeat stated information already. All that was on her mind was finding more information in order to go back, and she had the idea that the billboard has the info they could need.

"..."

The android just watched another come by and do what she had requested out of the group mere moments ago. Well... that's done from the looks of it.

@Kaykay @Atomyk @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @york @Josh M @penguin055
tumblr_inline_n3u8topfjj1sbxwvg_by_teh_zombish-db2no5l.png

"...Tch."

With a look completely lacking even a hint of amusement to it, Wes narrowed his golden eyes, instinctively reaching into his satchel and producing a Pokeball. "C'mon, Azar." With the same serious expression, he tossed it in front of him, aiming to let out his Quilava in hopes of it's flames producing just enough light for him to look around. Of course, 'him' being singular, because Wes didn't appear to so much as acknowledge that the others around him even existed.

Rui, on the other hand...

tumblr_inline_msoisgayil1qz4rgp_by_teh_zombish-db2njt3.png

"...Hmm, I wonder what this thing even is.." the ginger muttered, biting her lower lip lightly before, after only a moment's hesitation, reaching up to poke the odd blue light. But suddenly, she was jarred from her attempt, head snapping to the side as she heard the sound of approaching footsteps. Alertly, she took a half-step back, ready to take off if needbe. "..H-hello?" she called out, tentatively, not fully able to make out the figures in the darkness. Just their silhouettes. But goodness, she hoped it wasn't those kidnapping thugs again... She didn't think she'd be able to handle them, not without her own Pokemon on hand. Which, currently? She lacked. Not to mention, she couldn't even see Wes to try to get his help.

@Takumi @york @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Archmage Jeremiah @Voidwarrior
Channeling fire to her hand, Selene could help but giggle at Dorian's expression. What could she say? She liked his flare. Walking to the lamp, she ignored the little girl and her "killing art" as she turned back to Dorian as she was going to lite the lamp.

"Now Dorian, let's put things in perspective. It could be worse. It could be a series "pressure plates" that we all need to stand. Now that would be a pain."

Selene was never a fan of those. It felt for that was the main gimmick for most temples for two whole centuries.

@Kaykay @penguin055 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @york @RightStructure
CONTCl0.png

Azuma wordlessly looked up at the looming knight, Indeed, perhaps normal children cowered when shown something much larger than them. Azuma couldn't care less, though. She did look weak. She was more than aware of that. And unusual?

Of course.

The girl agreed with him on one more thing as well. Trying to work together to figure things out was just a pain. In other words, since they were in agreement, Azuma had nothing to say to Eygon. Once he finished speaking, she simply gave him a nod before looking around the area herself.

Looking at it alone, she hadn't really thought about the covered lamp. It was dark, so be it was what she'd thought. But upon seeing Eygon climb up the bench, the thought occurred to her. But then again, even for a 14 year old, she was quite small so she doubted she could clean it off herself. So to the taller knight who could, she said...

"You're gonna fall."

Her mom had always told her not to climb on benches after all. Though if he wanted to go climbing that was his own responsibility. For now, she went to take a closer look at the pendant.

@Otto @york @Takumi
Eygon of Carim @Left Place
@MetalNova @Takumi

Eygon stopped cleaning the lamp and looked over his shoulder.

"...Do you seriously think I'm that clumsy?"

The bench made creaking noises. He quickly stepped off of the bench and turned around.

"..."

Luckily, he had finished removing the dust from the lamp when he stepped off of the bench. If he stands on that bench for any longer, it might break down.

Azuma seemed to be examining the pendant. Before he could inquire about it, Shion approached. Eygon spoke to the young adult in his typical condescending manner.

"You've decided to leave the herd, have you? How very quaint. Here I was thinking that you were all worthless sheep..."

By, 'herd', he was referring to the clusters of people at the other locations of interest. Eygon didn't notice that Shion was a new arrival, however. Shion had chosen to investigate the left structures before going elsewhere, effectively invalidating Eygon's hasty assumption.
It had been 10 years since Frisk had freed all of the monsters from the Underground; they have since grown to be a fine young adult, as well as the ambassador of monsterkind. Chara, a ghost child who stuck by Frisk's side since they first fell all those years ago, was sitting in the attic of their home, looking at old photographs. In one of them, a couple of goat-like monsters were smiling brightly.

* ...I miss you guys so much...I wish the ambassador would let me see you. Who cares if you've "moved on" or whatever.

They put the photo down, wiping away the tears that have started forming.

* I have a physical form now...I can talk to you, and hug you...we could be a family again...even if...even if Asriel isn't here anymore.

They continue to sit there and seemingly dissociates, spacing out and staring at the photos. Not long after however, they snap back to reality, and toss the pictures away into a pile of junk behind them.

* Pfft, yeah right...as if that'll ever happen~!

Standing up, Chara looks around the attic then turns their attention to the hatch on the ground leading to the living room of the house. It's not locked...not like a lock could stop them anyway, being a ghost and all. They head over to the hatch and crouch down next to it, placing an ear to the ground and listening intensively. Three voices...yeah, it's definitely them. Chara already knew that though, as it's the reason why they're hiding in the attic in the first place. Sitting back up, they ponder on what they should do now.

* Hmmm...it's probably going to be a while before they leave...maybe I'll take a nap in the meantime.

In a corner of the attic there is a small, neatly kept bed. A perfect size for the 12 year old ghost child. They stand up and walk over to the bed, laying down on top of it and closing their eyes; not bothering to go under the covers. Then slowly...they start drifting off to sleep...

~~~~~~~~~

...Until suddenly, they found themself being hurled through some sort of space! Luckily, they were able to steady themself. Being a ghost definitely had its quirks. They were unsure how long they've been in this strange space, and had no idea where they were going...if they were even going anywhere. It's hard to tell, seeing as whichever direction they looked, they only saw an infinite sea of pitch black nothingness. Eventually...they came to a sudden stop, faceplanting into the cold, hard surface of...where is this?

* Well...that certainly could have gone better...

Standing up and peering around, they notice that they're not the only one here, as other people's voices can be heard from the left, right, and infront of them. Looking to the left, they can make out what appears to be a bench. There was also some sort of pole with light emanating from the top. Probably a lamppost. Noticing three other people near the structures, Chara decided to head over.

~~~~~~~~~

@left structure @york @Otto @MetalNova @Takumi

Sonic's ears suddenly perked up upon the mention of the ruins. He was honestly getting awfully bored at this point. Standing in an endless void with virtually nothing to do does get tedious after a bit, after all.

"Hey sorry to cut things short guys, but I'm getting bored just standing here and talking. You two can come with, if ya want." Sonic would look down at Wheatley and shrug. "Well I mean it's not like you don't really have a choice in the matter, little guy." Sonic would run over to Blaze and Johnny after saying this, managing to catch up with the duo in a matter of seconds.

SonicRunning3.gif

"You really thought that I'd miss an invitation to party like this?" The blue rodent mused before looking up at Johnny with a slight brow quirk. "Oh and I see you've been making some friends." Sonic said before facing Johnny as he continued to run backwards. "Name's Sonic!" He said with a grin as he extended a hand to the actor.

@The Myrmidon @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @anyoneelse

@Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Otto
@Left Structure

Thanks to Eygon's attempts to clean the lamp, all that grimy substance that seemed to have coated its glass was soon cleared up, allowing its light to clearly illuminate the general area. While it did not quite pierce the entirety of the darkness in the entire expanse of the void, it made it considerably easier to see the aged, but still sturdy bench that Eygon had been standing on.

Due to the weight of his gear, it was creaking and groaning a little, but so long as he didn't accidentally tumble from his spot or anything... It looked as if it would hold.

Nevertheless, it seemed that the light of the lamp post had made it easier to spot the other locations in the distance, allowing navigation between these spots to go through with a bit less trouble, thanks to that extra lighting and all.

@MetalNova

In the meantime, the pendant that Azuma had decided to take a look at was, considerably easier to see with the lamp's glass having been cleaned off.

cmwQKjN.png

While on the surface, it seemed like a harmless pendant... It was quite intricately decorated, with materials that one might think would be fit for royalty. Perhaps it was someone's lost trinket? A valuable one at that, considering how much the blue gem on it seemed to sparkle and shine.

However, looking closer, it seemed that it wasn't just a result of the lamp posts light either. In fact, a strange blue glow appeared to be emanating from the gem itself, something quite anomalous for a mere piece of jewelry alone, really... But what else could it possibly be? And more importantly, why would someone just... Leave it here?

@Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @Lissamel @Voidwarrior @Takumi @Midnight Maiden
@BlueLight

Wes's attempt to poke at the mysterious portal... Thing, or whatever it was didn't seem to yield any results, at least to the thing in question itself. In fact, his hand seemed to pass right through it, but oddly... As it did, the parts of his hand that actually came into object with the thing seemed to have gone numb, like they were suddenly... Not there.

Though if he were to retract his hand as a result of this, feeling returned, and his hand was all still there... Huh... How odd.

Zarya, who had just joined the others at this strange, blue, circular thing would be disappointed to find that if this was supposed to be a way out... It was closed, or at least, unresponsive to any attempts those who were around here had currently made to activate it, or mess around with it.

However, due to activity from some near the structure(s) to the left probably, the sky seemed to have lit up a bit, which made it easier for everyone to see around them... Though, unfortunately, this didn't do too much given their distance from most tangible objects, but it was enough to help lift the darkness enough to better reveal the locations of the structures to the left and right.

@Kaykay @penguin055 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk
@RightStructure

Seisa's ability seemed to have worked as the air around the lamp seemed to distort for a moment, as if yielding to the presense of something that was about to appear... Before it was promptly overlapped by the flames Selene had channeled, resulting in the lamp lighting up with a prompt whooshing sound.

Really, it was hard to tell which one of the two that had attempted to light the lamp succeeded, but it seemed that neither of their efforts had been in vain nonetheless! In addition to the sky having become a bit brighter thanks to the efforts of those at the left structure, it would seem that the lantern that had been hanging off the billboard was more than enough to illuminate what was written on it.

While alot of the random papers and stuff stuck onto it were too faded to read, it would seem that there was a few recent additions to this billboard; a message that seemed to have been written not too long ago, and a crude drawing of sorts, drawn over a yellowed piece of paper that appeared to have been previously blank.

The former was written in a rather formal fashion, as if its writer had taken some carefull time to make sure it was neat, and easy to read... Even being in cursive and all.

"If you are reading this... Then you have passed your first test.

Confused?

Well... I wouln't not blame you...

It is likely that you, like many others, have simply been brought here by accident...

Whether you seek to find answers here, or just a way home, you are most likely to find what you seek at the center of all of this.

Scattered throughout each and every realm, there are various weak points in the flow of space and time, places where when the time is right... One can move from one dimension to another.

We used to call these 'time gates', but they have since, transcended their use as such...

However, each gate needs a 'trigger', which you will undoubtedly come across in your ventures throughout the world each gate will lead you to...

I have left the trigger for this place in a location that should be easy to find; you need only wait for the right time to use it.

Just remember, that once you enter a gate... You will not be able to return the way you came, so be sure to take care of whatever business you need, before entering one...

It is also imperative that you know that there are at least two harbingers amongst you that seek to impede your path... And may even kill
members of your group, or tamper with locations in each area to hamper your progress...

Beware of those who seek to stall your journey, but take heed of those that are there to help you... As I have chosen at least two sentinels to help investigate members of the group in hopes of putting an end to the harbingers amongst you, in one way or another.

Besides these sentinels and harbingers, past this first gate... You might just find others, who are willing to help or hurt you alike.

As soon as you encounter one or the other, it will become quite clear which one is which... As unlike the Harbingers amongst you, or my Sentinels, they are not part of your group.

Best of luck out there... And remember to choose your actions wisely... For there are those out there, who's fates might just rest upon your actions, whatever they may be..."

The crude drawing below looked alot more unkempt than the words written above, and seemed considerably less organized, but all the same... It appeared to illustrate some key things that may be found in this strange place...

us3bcZs.png

Despite it looking like a child (or just someone with abysmal artistic skill) drew it, this drawing's contents might just prove a usefull, in tandem with the message someone had left on the billboard, that is...​

@Kaykay @penguin055 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk
@RightStructure

Seisa's ability seemed to have worked as the air around the lamp seemed to distort for a moment, as if yielding to the presense of something that was about to appear... Before it was promptly overlapped by the flames Selene had channeled, resulting in the lamp lighting up with a prompt whooshing sound.

Really, it was hard to tell which one of the two that had attempted to light the lamp succeeded, but it seemed that neither of their efforts had been in vain nonetheless! In addition to the sky having become a bit brighter thanks to the efforts of those at the left structure, it would seem that the lantern that had been hanging off the billboard was more than enough to illuminate what was written on it.

While alot of the random papers and stuff stuck onto it were too faded to read, it would seem that there was a few recent additions to this billboard; a message that seemed to have been written not too long ago, and a crude drawing of sorts, drawn over a yellowed piece of paper that appeared to have been previously blank.

The former was written in a rather formal fashion, as if its writer had taken some carefull time to make sure it was neat, and easy to read... Even being in cursive and all.

Confused?

It is likely that you, like many others, have simply been brought here by accident...

Whether you seek to find answers here, or just a way home, you are most likely to find what you seek at the center of all of this.

Scattered throughout each and every realm, there are various weak points in the flow of space and time, places where when the time is right... One can move from one dimension to another.

We used to call these 'time gates', but they have since, transcended their use as such...

However, each gate needs a 'trigger', which you will undoubtedly come across in your ventures throughout the world each gate will lead you to...

I have left the trigger for this place in a location that should be easy to find; you need only wait for the right time to use it.

Just remember, that once you enter a gate... You will not be able to return the way you came, so be sure to take care of whatever business you need, before entering one...

It is also imperative that you know that there are at least two harbingers amongst you that seek to impede your path... And may even kill
members of your group, or tamper with locations in each area to hamper your progress...

Beware of those who seek to stall your journey, but take heed of those that are there to help you... As I have chosen at least two sentinels to help investigate members of the group in hopes of putting an end to the harbingers amongst you, in one way or another.

Besides these sentinels and harbingers, past this first gate... You might just find others, who are willing to help or hurt you alike.

As soon as you encounter one or the other, it will become quite clear which one is which... As unlike the Harbingers amongst you, or my Sentinels, they are not part of your group.

Best of luck out there... And remember to choose your actions wisely... For there are those out there, who's fates might just rest upon your actions, whatever they may be..."

The crude drawing below looked alot more unkempt than the words written above, and seemed considerably less organized, but all the same... It appeared to illustrate some key things that may be found in this strange place...

us3bcZs.png

Despite it looking like a child (or just someone with abysmal artistic skill) drew it, this drawing's contents might just prove a usefull, in tandem with the message someone had left on the billboard, that is...
tumblr_oo9taraq7i1v3qowuo7_100.png

"... this is ridiculous. I didn't ask to be a part of this."

A2 was not happy with what the billboard's message had to give in terms of information. Just the description of everything detailed sounded like too much effort, and that it would be awhile until she can get back to whatever she was doing before. Well, there was no use in not doing anything either, because they weren't going to move anywhere until they do what the message says... if it were all true of course.

"So we just need that trigger, right? Well... I'm not finding it, someone here has to. And besides, I don't like the sound of the harbingers that were mentioned in that message, it means more work for me if they decide to pick a fight off of me..."

Clearly she wanted to get past this area fast.

@Kaykay @penguin055 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @york @Atomyk @RightStructure​

w9oWu1U.jpg

"Skree-ee-ee!" Buddy greets the bespectacled human as he officially arrives at the scene. Buddy, while unable to fully understand the words, seemed to understand a few of the words spoken.

"That... Eevee?"

That was how the Eevee percieved and heard the speech of the bespectacled human. Buddy simply nods in response to those words, agreeing that he was an Eevee.

Buddy seemed to love being petted by these individuals, especially since they reminded him of his home world, that is, his home world before the attack of the giant metal sky beasts. They had the scent of Pokemon on them, a scent he hadn't picked up in quite a few homesick months.

His time spent with the one he recognised as his 'green, transforming human companion' reduced this homesickness, but the feeling could never truly go away.

Buddy gladly allowed himself to be picked by the pigtails lady, rubbing his fur against her arms.

Buddy was glad that the bespectacled boy had cheered up, evolving from a prior nervous state to a more comfortable one. He of all Pokemon knew how it felt to be thrown out of home and into an alien place, after all.

Just then, a muscular woman walks into the fray. Buddy noticed that she was a little confused, and inferred that she, like most people, were asking where they were or if they knew anything about where they were.

9RjOhYp.jpg

"Skree..." Buddy shook his head, signifying a 'no' as a reply to the muscular woman.

@Lissamel @Midnight Maiden @Crow @Nater Taters

@Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Otto
@Left Structure

Thanks to Eygon's attempts to clean the lamp, all that grimy substance that seemed to have coated its glass was soon cleared up, allowing its light to clearly illuminate the general area. While it did not quite pierce the entirety of the darkness in the entire expanse of the void, it made it considerably easier to see the aged, but still sturdy bench that Eygon had been standing on.

Due to the weight of his gear, it was creaking and groaning a little, but so long as he didn't accidentally tumble from his spot or anything... It looked as if it would hold.

Nevertheless, it seemed that the light of the lamp post had made it easier to spot the other locations in the distance, allowing navigation between these spots to go through with a bit less trouble, thanks to that extra lighting and all.

@MetalNova

In the meantime, the pendant that Azuma had decided to take a look at was, considerably easier to see with the lamp's glass having been cleaned off.

cmwQKjN.png

While on the surface, it seemed like a harmless pendant... It was quite intricately decorated, with materials that one might think would be fit for royalty. Perhaps it was someone's lost trinket? A valuable one at that, considering how much the blue gem on it seemed to sparkle and shine.

However, looking closer, it seemed that it wasn't just a result of the lamp posts light either. In fact, a strange blue glow appeared to be emanating from the gem itself, something quite anomalous for a mere piece of jewelry alone, really... But what else could it possibly be? And more importantly, why would someone just... Leave it here?

@Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @Lissamel @Voidwarrior @Takumi @Midnight Maiden
@BlueLight

Wes's attempt to poke at the mysterious portal... Thing, or whatever it was didn't seem to yield any results, at least to the thing in question itself. In fact, his hand seemed to pass right through it, but oddly... As it did, the parts of his hand that actually came into object with the thing seemed to have gone numb, like they were suddenly... Not there.

Though if he were to retract his hand as a result of this, feeling returned, and his hand was all still there... Huh... How odd.

Zarya, who had just joined the others at this strange, blue, circular thing would be disappointed to find that if this was supposed to be a way out... It was closed, or at least, unresponsive to any attempts those who were around here had currently made to activate it, or mess around with it.

However, due to activity from some near the structure(s) to the left probably, the sky seemed to have lit up a bit, which made it easier for everyone to see around them... Though, unfortunately, this didn't do too much given their distance from most tangible objects, but it was enough to help lift the darkness enough to better reveal the locations of the structures to the left and right.

@RightStructure

Confused?

us3bcZs.png

Despite it looking like a child (or just someone with abysmal artistic skill) drew it, this drawing's contents might just prove a usefull, in tandem with the message someone had left on the billboard, that is...​
@Crow
@Midnight Maiden
@Lissamel
@Voidwarrior
@thatguyinthestore
@Takumi

Zarya frowned a bit when a strange creature that she guessed was one of these kid's pets seemingly answered her question. Dammit, it seemed they were all in the same boat for now.

Zarya was quite fascinated when Wes stuck his hand in the blue portal. It appeared that if this was the way out of this void, they would have to do some work to escape. Zarya sighed as steped foreward, composing herself.

"Perhaps we should head over to one of the other structures and see if we can offer any kind of help, it dosen't seem we'll make any progress here."

Zarya paused a moment, before nearly facepalming, how could she be so stupid, she completly forgot to introduce herself to this group.

"I'm sorry...In my rush to get out of here, I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Aleksandra Zaryanova, but please call me Zarya."

She smiled warmly while glancing over the entire group.

"That's weird." Sonic said as he pulled out one of the chaos emeralds, the red one in particular. "The chaos emeralds don't seem to be reacting to this at all. And I have all seven on me." Sonic would shrug it off as he tossed said chaos emerald up into the air and catch it a few times, alternating hands with each toss.

When they made it to the structure, Sonic was disappointed and confused when it turned out to be a simple park bench.

tumblr_mjo579hSHQ1rfbmz3o1_400.png

"This is supposed to help us open the gate?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @MetalNova @The Myrmidon
"Perhaps they are, but you just don't sense it," said Blaze, whom offered a more enlightened perspective, "You aren't their guardian; you're merely their chosen wielder. I'm certain your knuckleheaded friend would be having a field day with them, though,"
kMhByGM.png

"Lamp," Azuma said, pointing up at the lamp next to the bench. She was still looking at the pendant, but the girl didn't feel like pointing that out to the rest. If everyone gathered around it with her, that'd just be annoying. One or two people was plenty. No need for more.

She didn't really appear to note the fact she was talking to anthropomorphic animals. Whether she didn't care or just hadn't noticed somehow was yet to be seen.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon[/color]
Eygon's eyes narrowed, though nobody could see it through his helmet. They also couldn't see him internally facepalming. He said one thing.

"Why must pyromancers always be so blind?

"What she said."

Eygon also noticed the group arrive.

"Hmph. What the hell are you all here for? We've no business with you. Be gone."

And with just one pointed statement, Eygon succeeded in souring Blaze's mood. Although she would gracefully conceal it beneath her stoic demeanour, a scorned ember smoldered within her her eyes.

_Blaze 1.png

"Our business here is not with you. We're searching for a way to open the nearby Genesis Portal; you just so happened to be in our way,"

Finishing her curt explanation of the situation, Blaze returned to searching the vicinity, while choosing not to acknowledge the sudden increase of light in her grumpy haze. At the corner of her sharp eye, she spotted something reflect the lamp's light, and quickly zeroed in on the sapphire pendant. Concentrating on the brilliant gem, Blaze broke away from Sonic, Johnny, and the gang; walking briskly by Eygon and approaching Azuma with purpose.

@thatguyinthestore @Otto @MetalNova

@Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @The Myrmidon

Once the written message was relayed, Dorian let out a sigh of satisfaction. "Ah, see? A bit of lore, a vague task set before us, and a threat to sow dissent amongst the lot of us. I feel right at home."

Though Dorian was smiling outwardly, he agreed wholeheartedly with A2. He did not choose to be part of some great magic phenomenon, even if a part of him was excited for the new potential for knowledge. At least when the sky ripped apart there had been some kind of purpose behind it. This just seemed a farce, and that Dorian was apparently here by accident brought him no comfort as an explanation. He had much greater Thedas-related tasks at hand, the most significant of those being the matter of Maevaris' disappearance.

Though there was aways the small chance she was caught up in this madness herself. Perhaps seeing this through to its conclusion would have a benefit to it, even if he had no other choice in the matter.

4r9ZRT9.png

"No doubt this 'trigger' is related to the other points of interest in this void, but as the note said, I am sure it will come to us when the time is right. Leaves less running around for us, unless some of you want to mingle, perchance...?"

@Kaykay @penguin055 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @york @RightStructure

Selene could feel the power of this one as well. Challenging like, Selene looked at the girl.

"Unnecessary? If you're as powerful as think you are, than prove that you don't need my help next time. You took too much time, so I stepped in."

These people had to learn at some point what Selene knew from the start. Survival was a game, and Selene was the Queen of survival.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @penguin055 @Atomyk @Kaykay @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @york @RightStructure
Seisa sighed as Selene seemed to insist that she'd taken too long lighting the lamp. What, did she want her to light it up before picking it up instead? What difference did it make? Besides, was this woman trying to turn it into a power struggle? How terribly petty.

"They say patience is a virtue, so I suppose it's not surprising you have none."

Regardless, the lamp was lit up and now she could read the piece of paper properly...

@Left Structure

@MetalNova

cmwQKjN.png

@BlueLight

@RightStructure

Confused?

us3bcZs.png

...Only for it to reveal a drawing of such poor quality under any other circumstance she'd have interpreted it as a prank. Regardless of that however, the message was clear. Her first instinct was to not trust the message, but with nothing else in the area to make do with it wasn't like there was any other reasonable choice. The blue light was a "gate," so they had to find the trigger.

The trigger was...a crude drawing of something. Was that supposed to be a necklace? A coin on a string? Regardless, with so little else in the area surely it would be recognizable on sight.
Once the written message was relayed, Dorian let out a sigh of satisfaction. "Ah, see? A bit of lore, a vague task set before us, and a threat to sow dissent amongst the lot of us. I feel right at home."

Though Dorian was smiling outwardly, he agreed wholeheartedly with A2. He did not choose to be part of some great magic phenomenon, even if a part of him was excited for the new potential for knowledge. At least when the sky ripped apart there had been some kind of purpose behind it. This just seemed a farce, and that Dorian was apparently here by accident brought him no comfort as an explanation. He had much greater Thedas-related tasks at hand, the most significant of those being the matter of Maevaris' disappearance.

Though there was aways the small chance she was caught up in this madness herself. Perhaps seeing this through to its conclusion would have a benefit to it, even if he had no other choice in the matter.

4r9ZRT9.png

"No doubt this 'trigger' is related to the other points of interest in this void, but as the note said, I am sure it will come to us when the time is right. Leaves less running around for us, unless some of you want to mingle, perchance...?"

tumblr_inline_nbhsw1MI1g1s3r5n5.png

"If these 'gates' are truly time-gated, then at the very worst we can simply find it once the gate gives signs of opening. With so many people in this small place, I doubt it can go undetected anyway."

Seisa seemed more or less content with that solution, and made no sign that she was going to go manually looking for the trigger herself.

"Nothing dangerous about mingling with strangers anyway, right?"

@Atomyk @penguin055 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @york @RightStructure​

c63902a0eea1eedf4a9c476e21f5a357.png

The don turned his attention to one of the 'superhero' looking characters in the group, who introduced herself as 'Captain America'.

'Captain America'? Is she apart of the US Armed Forces?

Although that line of thought contributed to it, Giorno knew this was a woman of respect when he listened to her words. As he had thought before, blind trust isn't something he'd believe in. It's something that comes from time and effort, not bizarre circumstance. But even then...she seemed sincere in her words.

She was more upfront with her virtuous nature then Bruno was when Giorno first met him.

Giorno accepted the handshake with a half-smile and a small bow of respect. "That seems like an honorable objective, captain. I would hope you find the resolve to complete it."

"I myself am looking to find out what exactly happened. And whoever is responsible."

@Josh M @penguin055 @Atomyk @Kaykay @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @york @Jeremi @RightStructure

"This isn't the first time I've dealt with stuff like this." Cap responded. "But being stuck in this place with out knowing why we're here and who did this. I think the both of us can appreciate some investigation into it." As she spoke the efforts of the others illuminated the area. "Let's see what else got some light shed on it." She quipped.

@Left Structure

@MetalNova

cmwQKjN.png

@BlueLight

@RightStructure

Confused?

us3bcZs.png

And with that some information was dealt out. "Well that's something. Harbingers...sounds like not everyone in the group are looking out for our best interests."

4r9ZRT9.png

"Bigger the crowd, the bigger the chance one of us is getting jumped." Howlett replied to Dorian. "What's the matter? Present company not to your liking?"

Last edited by a moderator:

@Left Structure

@MetalNova

cmwQKjN.png

@BlueLight

@RightStructure

Confused?

us3bcZs.png

fG6WGC9.png

"Shiny," Azuma commented, a contented look on her face while she looked at it. The blue glow interested the young girl, enough to the point she picked it up and pocketed it away. Thoughts on why it was here, the strange design, and who might have left it did not reach her.

Azuma also didn't seem to care that others were looking at it too while she took it. She walked back over to the bench and took a seat, kicking her legs as she stared absent-mindedly.

"Our business here is not with you. We're searching for a way to open the nearby Genesis Portal; you just so happened to be in our way,"
"Genesis Portal?"

Eygon wasn't aware of the Genesis Portal (time gate) even though it had been shining brightly for a while now. He didn't know the specifics of said portal, but he assumed that it had to do with transporting people out of this void. He crossed his arms and got rid of his attitude for a brief moment.

uOZgh4o.png

"I presume that's the portal that would get us out of here. If that's the case, then I will temporarily ally myself with you and your..."

He looked toward Blaze's group and sneered.

"Your sorry excuse for a team."

Blaze wasn't expressing her irritation, but Eygon knew that his words were affecting her a little bit. He went back to being serious.

"I will do my best to help open the portal as part of the alliance, which lasts until we get out of here. If you or your company break this alliance by means of treachery, know that a knight of Carim does not forgive betrayal. Not ever."
At the corner of her sharp eye, she spotted something reflecting the lamp's light, and quickly zeroed in on the sapphire pendant. Concentrating on the brilliant gem, Blaze broke away from Sonic, Johnny, and the gang; walking briskly by Eygon and approaching Azuma with purpose.
Noticing Blaze's advance toward Azuma, he reached for the great hammer on his back and then stopped. It was an instinctive reflex. For some reason, his subconscious had seen Azuma as Irina, causing him to almost draw his weapon when he sensed a slight amount of danger. Perhaps this was a result of being separated from Irina for so long. Still, he was confused as to why Blaze approached the girl. When he saw the pyromancer become interested in the pendant, he grumbled.

"Ugh. What is it now?"

He didn't realize that the pendant was the key to getting out of this limbo.
"Shiny," Azuma commented, a contented look on her face while she looked at it. The blue glow interested the young girl, enough to the point she picked it up and pocketed it away. Thoughts on why it was here, the strange design, and who might have left it did not reach her.

Azuma also didn't seem to care that others were looking at it too while she took it. She walked back over to the bench and took a seat, kicking her legs as she stared absent-mindedly.
Eygon snickered when Azuma pocketed the valuable object. He slowly walked over and stood next to Blaze. He proceeded to make comments; his tone of voice was surprisingly neutral.

"Ah...that's too bad. She found it first. I wonder how many souls that's worth..."

He blurted out the word 'souls' without thinking that these other people probably didn't have the same currency system. In his world, when the fire fades and the world rots, souls replace coins as currency.

Last edited:
"Quite right," he said to Seisa with a nod. "I suppose we're akin to fish in a barrel, waiting for the lid to pop off." Not the most eloquent analogy, but they really were like fish, flopping about in confusion in this strange dimension. "And regardless if we're strangers, it seems we are being forced to work together in some capacity whatever our feelings on the matter. Better find a few you like."

It was then that one of the men who had joined the group spoke to Dorian, and he found himself appraising the man a second time over. What had he said his name was? Howlett? James? Whoever he was, he invoked the image of one Thom Rainier, or whatever he was being called now. Very hairy, he was.

Considering that thought, Dorian fought the urge to frown at Howlett.

9BqW54u.png

"Present company is made all the better by my presence, so wherever I am is certain to be the life of the party." His mouth curled into a bit of a smirk. "You do have a point about the whole business of possibly being jumped, and I see no one making a grand effort to connect with the other disparate members of our budding army, so I think I'm content here for now. How about you, though? Anyone here catch your eye? Perhaps mages make you wary? There would be no shame in it-- for all you know, I can turn people into toads. Nasty business."

@Kaykay @penguin055 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @york @RightStructure

Rosa glanced at the two. "Baron is a kingdom off of the sea. It's near a village called Mist. I was once a White Mage of Baron, trained in healing." She nods as Huntress approaches.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @anyone

"Perhaps they are, but you just don't sense it," said Blaze, whom offered a more enlightened perspective, "You aren't their guardian; you're merely their chosen wielder. I'm certain your knuckleheaded friend would be having a field day with them, though,"

And with just one pointed statement, Eygon succeeded in souring Blaze's mood. Although she would gracefully conceal it beneath her stoic demeanour, a scorned ember smoldered within her her eyes.

View attachment 134103

Finishing her curt explanation of the situation, Blaze returned to searching the vicinity, while choosing not to acknowledge the sudden increase of light in her grumpy haze. At the corner of her sharp eye, she spotted something reflect the lamp's light, and quickly zeroed in on the sapphire pendant. Concentrating on the brilliant gem, Blaze broke away from Sonic, Johnny, and the gang; walking briskly by Eygon and approaching Azuma with purpose.

@thatguyinthestore @Otto @MetalNova

@Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @The Myrmidon

fG6WGC9.png

"Genesis Portal?"

Eygon wasn't aware of the Genesis Portal (time gate) even though it had been shining brightly for a while now. He didn't know the specifics of said portal, but he assumed that it had to do with transporting people out of this void. He crossed his arms and got rid of his attitude for a brief moment.

uOZgh4o.png

"I presume that's the portal that would get us out of here. If that's the case, then I will temporarily ally myself with you and your..."

He looked toward Blaze's group and sneered.

"Your sorry excuse for a team."

Blaze wasn't expressing her irritation, but Eygon knew that his words were affecting her a little bit. He went back to being serious.

"I will do my best to help open the portal as part of the alliance, which lasts until we get out of here. If you or your company break this alliance by means of treachery, know that a knight of Carim does not forgive betrayal. Not ever."

Noticing Blaze's advance toward Azuma, he reached for the great hammer on his back and then stopped. It was an instinctive reflex. For some reason, his subconscious had seen Azuma as Irina, causing him to almost draw his weapon when he sensed a slight amount of danger. Perhaps this was a result of being separated from Irina for so long. Still, he was confused as to why Blaze approached the girl. When he saw the pyromancer become interested in the pendant, he grumbled.

"Ugh. What is it now?"

He didn't realize that the pendant was the key to getting out of this limbo.

Eygon snickered when Azuma pocketed the valuable object. He slowly walked over and stood next to Blaze. He proceeded to make comments; his tone of voice was surprisingly neutral.

"Ah...that's too bad. She found it first. I wonder how many souls that's worth..."

He blurted out the word 'souls' without thinking that these other people probably didn't have the same currency system. In his world, when the fire fades and the world rots, souls replace coins as currency.

Rosa glanced at the two. "Baron is a kingdom off of the sea. It's near a village called Mist. I was once a White Mage of Baron, trained in healing." She nods as Huntress approaches.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @anyone

Birdie walked along with the group, a weird one, with two weird animal creatures and some guy named Johnny. "The name's Birdie, actually," he corrected, his spirits brightening as he started eating a dont he'd produced from out of nowhere. Why had he gotten so worked up over Portuguese sweet bread if he already had food on his person? Who knows.

But of course, some bloke just had to go and mock them. "Oi! Where do you get off, callin' us a sorry lot? Hangin' out with a bunch of kids, I'd say you're the one with bum luck, mate!" Speaking of, he noticed one of his snots swipe something for herself. "Hey!!" Birdie pointed an accusatory finger at Azuma. "That little guttersnipe just pilfered whatever that blue thing was!!"

Oh yeah, they were off to a GREAT start.

@Yang Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Otto @MetalNova @Takumi @LeftStructure

---------------------

"I knew a healer." That was really all Noembelu had to say on the matter. Aprile was lucky in that she barely had to hurt anyone, getting the excuse of being the team medic. Noembelu hadn't been so lucky.

She would need to contribute more, it seemed. "We should try to escape." Everyone else was off investigating things...maybe they needed to, too?

@Minerva @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

non-solus.medium.png

non-solus.medium.png

A collaboration by @Sen, @Hana, and @Verite
(Please take note that Verite plays Shichika (α) and Sen plays Shichika (β). Togame and Houou are both from the beta timeline.)

QnGdOWs.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We're already at Dewa, huh…"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Along a high dirt path on the side of a mountain, the self-titled strategian Togame mused aloud to herself as she stared at a sign on the path. Beside her stood the Kyoutouryuu head, a seemingly laid-back young man by the name of Shichika Yasuri.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They had been walking along the path to their next destination - which would be either Dokutou Mekki or Entou Jyuu - after finishing with Seitou Hakari. Rinne Higaki… What an oddity among the rest of the people they had to confront to get the Deviant Blades.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was personally the most difficult for Togame, but it was over. And now she was surprised, again, at how fast the collection of the blades had gone by, though the strategian tried not to let it show. Her time to use Shichika as her sword was almost over… Her dreams were closer than ever. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent](But why didn't that make her feel happy-? That wasn't important now, was it? Was it?)[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] That was the only thing she had to focus on. Not even the lesson that the sage tried to impart to her could stop her from the path she decided on years ago, even if she understood what Rinne meant.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And neither did the two meter tall man. It had been quite the experience, this whole journey with Togame by his side. Or… him being by her side. He had to admit it had not started out well, not when he had taken so many lives in order to get these Deviant Blades. Perhaps some time ago, he would not minded doing such a thing. It never really mattered, since he wasn't attached to anyone except his sister and now his companion. But he found himself caring more and more about something his sister would have berated him for - to care for the life of someone he was going to 'kill'. Irrelevant feelings for a 'sword', but Shichika was beginning to see that he was a human as well. A human… and a sword at the same time.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]But right now, after that trial, they were just two companions traveling to a destination...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
jGvKjqB.png
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He stopped to look at the sign with her, the characters for 'Dewa' hastily scrawled on. It was readable, at least. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Since we're here, why don't we pass through the Shougi town on the way back?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] It would be nice to see that girl again, the one who taught him a few lessons as well.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]A little odd that Togame was jealous of her though.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The said woman scrunched her face up and slanted a sideways look at the man, as if she had just smelled something bad.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Why do we have to do that? So you can see Kiguchi Zanki?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That woman…[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Huhhh?"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She squinted at him, a scowl beginning to form on her lips. Why did he have to mention the Shougi town if it wasn't for that lady at the dojo? What sort of other devilish things would go behind her back if Shichika did meet Kiguchi again?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What do you mean 'huhhh?'"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Shichika stared at her blankly. Before it was hard to tell what she was feeling, because her expressions and her words often said otherwise.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]He sighed. Girls were confusing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"CHEERIO!"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A small fist cuffed into his stomach as Togame yelled her favorite catchphrase for… Hitting things, namely Shichika. Truth be told, the strategian's hand was more harmed than the sword was… Still, she uttered a low growl and glared at him. Was he teasing her? [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent](Since when did this once bland sword of hers learn how to tease?)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
oioZ6AU.png
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"... Your jealous streak is really weird, you know."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Togame huffed out, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"We have to get back to Owari as fast as possible, so we can't go through the Shougi town!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]What? It was true. Unnecessary detours were unnecessary detours.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Stupid Shichika for suggesting it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pulling her fist away she walked ahead of him with a scoff.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She couldn't be actually mad at him, right? The man scratched his head. That wasn't really impossible, but she wasn't wrong in that they needed to use the time they had to gather the swords as quickly as possible. With the Maniwa already searching for the ones Togame had given information about, soon, Shichika was going to have to fight them for those. The Maniwa he had faced before were not exactly jokes, they had skill - they were just a little strange in the head. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Hey, Togame."[/BCOLOR]

sYgeH19.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]"For your sake."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"... What?"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She stopped walking off in a huff, turning her head to look at him. Shichika was a weird walking contraction of blunt [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]and [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]cryptic sometimes. She wondered if that had always been a trait of his, or if he had picked it up, gaining more quirks as he became more human. The best course of action for these times was to just raise a brow and wait for him to continue. And even as annoyed as she was with him, she always gave him a chance to speak the times he did want to say something...[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm fighting for your sake."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The man stared straight at her, unblinking, his expression unyielding.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's the answer I gave."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Togame blinked, nonplussed at the sudden change of topic. Annoyance gave way to confusion and a bit of… Warmth? Warmth certainly was what she felt rushing to her face.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"S-Shichika?"[/BCOLOR]

4jkLcrk.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]She entertained the thought that he was trying to tell her, in his own roundabout way, that he preferred her to Zanki or other people. But - dammit - why was he so much better at keeping the poker face than her with these things? Togame hated the way his words were so… Earnest. She could never be like that… But she hated even more the way they made her feel. It made her feel [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]happy [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]where the thought of attaining her lifelong goal [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]couldn't.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And like a true and proper idiot, she couldn't even stop herself. She felt she should be grinning like a fool but at the same time - she wanted to - Togame took a running leap towards Shichika.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Only when she was about to reach him, everything suddenly faded away.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]In a truer sense than perhaps anyone had anticipated, a crisis of time was perhaps one of the best ways to describe this situation. The two travelers' perceptions of time and space were shattered like glass, the vibrant blue sky and green grasses replaced by empty, nondescript blackness.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]And this very blackness also enveloped every sense of one Shichika Yasuri.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]That is, emphasis on "one" Shichika Yasuri. As in, a different one than that who had been seen traveling with the white-haired strategian. This individual figure known as "Shichika Yasuri" appeared before Shichika and Togame within this black, voided area that they had suddenly found themselves in. However, he wasn't a true reflection of the "Shichika" that stood across. He sported different clothing, wearing a red robe and a straw hat, as well as what looked like a wrapped up kimono as a belt with a lock of white hair attached to it, and his eyes held a different light to them. All these superficial differences painted the picture that this was Shichika, but this was also not Shichika. Like a trick mirror that reflected something beyond what already was. Like a mirror that reflected destiny.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]But perhaps the most notable difference was that there was no Togame next to this Shichika Yasuri.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]If there was any air within this black void that one could barely call a place, it felt awfully cold, and this lone Shichika definitely felt it, if not just because of his loose clothing. He stood there, practically petrified for a moment, before his expression shifted from a statue-esque one to that of profound confusion and pain, as he managed to utter out one word that broke the ice, possibly with the intent of doing away with this cold air in the process.[/BCOLOR]​

vlcsnap-2010-05-09-20h43m03s61copy.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"T… Togame…?"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]His voice was different from the Shichika Yasuri that stood next to Togame. Not in the sense that his voice sounded like that of a different person, but more… like it was from an actual person. His words almost sounded choked to a degree, his breath quivering as his mind struggled against a flurry of emotions barely able to be comprehended, and his tone felt… uncharacteristically vulnerable. In other words, the one speaking from across was not a sword.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]He was undoubtedly human.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]---[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Shichika-!"[/BCOLOR]

VbpWYsA.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]The effect of the abrupt transition into the void left Togame's head spinning in confusion, her landing on the oddly smooth and featureless 'floor' ending with an awkward stumble. If it weren't for her grabbing Shichika - who had landed smoother than her - to steady herself, there was no doubt the clumsy woman would have tripped.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As her head cleared and she took in the black void, the strategian took in a sharp breath. Was this an illusion similar to the one they had faced with the sage?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]No… This felt different.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Mind running through all sorts of possibilities, Togame never anticipated [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]someone [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]to suddenly just appear out of nowhere in front of her and Shichika. And when she caught sight of who, the white-haired woman's mouth went slack with shock, a sudden uneasy trill running down her back. She backed up, grabbing hold of the Kyotouryuu's hand beside her and gripping tight. With a look thrown to the side, she affirmed to herself that the Shichika she was holding was the one she was with before this…[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But there was another Shichika in front of them, and Togame immediately saw the differences. He couldn't possibly be a fake… Because there were clear differences.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Though that was true for the woman, the Shichika who stood beside her was mildly confused. Having just recently pushed past Rinne Higaki's illusions and out of his domain, the Shichika beside Togame stared at the 'reflection' of himself. Like looking into a mirror… but not. A shattered mirror. Immediately, the man took on a readying pose. What if it was one of those Maniwa?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Two Shichikas,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] the strategian murmured, drawing her voice out slowly. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"I can't dismiss the possibility of this being some sort of illusion after Rinne Higaki. But you can't be a fake, because you would be a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]bad [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]imitation if you show such obvious differences. So tell me, who are you?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Deep inside, she knew she wouldn't be able to get a logical answer to this. Those clothes… That lock of hair hanging from the waist… Togame was a sharp one, and she noticed all those details immediately. She reached up to brush the edges of the white locks shorn just below her chin. That was… Her hair. Then the way he uttered her name and the myriad of emotions he expressed. It was so much more than the Shichika she knew, despite the long way he had grown throughout this journey.[/BCOLOR]​

katana0255copy.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Who, me? I'm not a fake! I'm me! You're the fake!"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] The figure exclaimed instinctively with a sudden shift towards a simple-minded mien that could only fit no one else but Shichika Yasuri, though he quickly reverted back to his more… human tone like before. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"You… You can't be Togame. Not after…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Whatever other words he might have wanted to say ended up stuck in his throat, though with his reflection taking on a position, "Shichika Yasuri" couldn't help but mirror that stance, eyeing the two individuals before him, as though analyzing them and preparing for a fight. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't know what kind of trick this is, or who is behind it, but it's in bad taste. The journey for the Deviant Blades came to an end long ago… Left in the past, along with Rinne Higaki and all the other Deviant Blade Wielders."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Shichika Yasuri" averted his eyes from Togame, instead trying his best to focus on his mirror image. Whatever illusion this was, it seemed to take after Shichika Yasuri, the sword, rather than Shichika Yasuri, the individual.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Or rather… Shichika Yasuri of the Past.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So then, I suppose before we begin, I should ask in turn, who are [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]you[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
Zxqq5Mu.png
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What do you mean, who am I?" [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]The Shichika beside Togame narrowed his eyes at the odd question.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "I am Yasuri Shichika, seventh head of the Kyotouryuu school."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Togame narrowed her eyes, gaze darting from the sudden stances the two had taken. It was almost eerie, seeing their perfect Kyotouryuu stances and the way they moved was almost the exact same. Even with the superficial differences…[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]But how could this man also be the real thing when Shichika Yasuri already existed beside her?[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]She couldn't risk for a fight to happen. Clearing her throat, the strategian released her grasp on the Shichika she knew - should she call him [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]her [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Shichika? - and stepped forward, placing a hand on her hip.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"I think I know what part of the journey we currently are on. Are you saying that you think you finished?"[/BCOLOR]

xHinXma.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her voice went sharp at the end, realization and speculations sparking the snake-like left eye the strategian had.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "And how can I not be Togame?" [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]There was a deadly quiet tone to the woman's words as she cocked her head at him, snake eye shining eerily in the light. There was a mystery here, behind the tremor in this 'Shichika' and his voice as he uttered her name. There was a hitch that he couldn't quite hide every time he referred to 'Togame'. There were too many tantalizing, yet dangerous pieces of information surrounding this mirror… Yet the fractured image those pieces formed was something that could not have passed.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her hair, hanging at his waist.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her kimono, stained red, hanging off of his shoulder and tied around his torso.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]There was no Togame beside this Shichika, no mirror image to counter her as he did the sword beside her.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Are you saying I should be [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]dead[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]? Because that is my hair, and that is part of my kimono. If this was a mirror illusion, shouldn't there be another of me? What sort of morbid joke and illusion is this?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"..."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Shichika" almost flinched as Togame spoke, but did his best to maintain his stance and complexion. One could only guess what he was thinking in that head of his, but it was easy to at least imagine that if this so-called mirror image of Shichika had any sort of true sentience, then it was quite a confusion ordeal, seeing him like that, and standing alongside Togame like that no less. Shichika could not deny that this wasn't, in at least some form or another, Togame. The white-haired strategian that he had fallen for in the past. With those mannerisms, the way she had reacted to his appearance… But perhaps the one thing that he took note of more than that was that word she used to speak of herself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] word stung him, cutting deeper than any sword ever could. It was a feeling that he had no idea how to express, verbally or not. Even after everything, it had seemed that the experience of being "human" was still new to "Shichika." It was a feeling that he had encountered a small number of times before, but only now was the name able to register in his mind.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Was this… pain? Such an inconvenient phenomenon. Such a strange thing that took no form, yet was so powerful.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]And yet, he couldn't even begin to imagine how stranger things would get from there.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"... You… I--"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
W6Uq6UK.png
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I can assure you that this isn't an illusion."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] A sudden voice in the darkness sounded, followed by the clanking sound of chains. From nowhere, just as "Shichika" did, came a man that all three of them would know well. The leader of the Maniwa Ninja Corps, as well as its 'Bird Squad'. Apparently he had a little more common sense than his clan, and he was the deadliest of them all. Nicknamed 'Houou, the God', Maniwa Houou stepped out to confront them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And at his waist was Dokutou Mekki, glimmering and shimmering with its toxic sheen. It was wrapped in chains that did not appear rusted despite its age - but what seemed peculiar was that the chains bound near where the hilt was, once keeping shut, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]was disturbed[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent].[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh! A Maniwani! Oh- He has one of the Deviant Blades already-"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Houou Maniwa. What are you doing here?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Togame's suspicious look didn't falter one bit at the Maniwa head's appearance. If anything, the strategian started wondering if all of this was some sort of trap. He already acquired Doktuou Mekki, and it was inevitable they clash eventually because her goal was to get all the Deviant Blades. Considering her history with his clan, she never trusted any of the ninjas. Yet -[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]
UZImqvk.png
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Isn't it simple, Togame-dono? They are both Yasuri Shichika, they are both real."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]That made it a little frightening, seeing how powerful they were.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"But this one-"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]he pointed at the man with the lock of white hair around his waist,[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "-is from a time that is yet to come."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I considered the possibility, but how can I trust him not to attack me or Shichika?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Her gaze flickered in the lone Yasuri's direction. Something about the stricken look he shot her earlier - he actually wore that look all the time he looked at her - made the strategian feel the strangest sense of shame. Meeting his eyes once, Togame huffed and looked back to the Maniwa. That Shichika - where did he get that scar?[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nevertheless, despite her wariness, Togame still listened and looked intently at Houou.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]There was something off about him, like his eyes could see something they could not see. While the duo would not be able to tell why, the one who was alone would know.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Did you not say the journey to collect the Deviant Blades was over? Well, it clearly hasn't for the two here. The Seitou Hakari…"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]the man stopped to count. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Missing three more, yes?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That is what 'it' tells me,"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]he touched the sheathed sword at his waist. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"And I am aware that it is capable of seeing the truths that even I cannot."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The lone "Shichika" remained silent as Houou Maniwa spoke, his very appearance only adding to the sudden bizarre circumstances that he found himself in, considering what had become of him the last time they had met. But the words he spoke… The idea that he had planted in the heads of both parties was an intriguing one. Almost a little too abstract for Shichika Yasuri to comprehend, but the sentiment was roughly communicated.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A displaced time, perhaps not unlike what Rinne Higaki was capable of in terms of warping what Shichika perceived to be reality. A displaced location, as though the stream that one could call "time" was broken apart and redirected into a larger basin where both water sources collided. At least, that was how Shichika Yasuri, the man, perceived it all to be, as much as he was able to.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Houou Maniwa…"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Shichika breathed, unsure of whether or not to remain in his stance or not at this point. The name brought back memories, but then… So did the two travelers. It really was like looking into a mirror. A cruel, twisted mirror. But with one of the Maniwani here, that could only…[/BCOLOR]​

vlcsnap-2010-05-09-20h57m39s110copy.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If you all are just as real as me, simply from a time that has already past..."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] he began, adjusting his straw hat, and never minding that a man he had considered to be one of his most fearsome opponents had returned, as though to haunt him like the other two, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Then… How is this happening? After acquiring the Seitou Hakari, nothing of this sort ever happened to me, or…"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Shichika continued, his eyes hovering over Togame for a minute, before mysteriously and abruptly falling silent with that.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The strategian blinked as his gaze bore into her, a troubled look of her own staring back at him. So this 'Shichika' was readier to accept these circumstances than she was? What did he mean by implying the journey was over with him, and why did he look at her with eyes like that?[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then there was the way both Houou and this man just remained silent about her questions.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, Houou Maniwa? If you are aware of more than the three of us are, what does it tell you?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
FcZsZi7.png
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, it just tells me I am at a severe disadvantage - I can't take on two Shichika-donos at the same time~"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]The man entertained the thought. Even with his skill… it would be very difficult to be able to defeat them. He may even consider that it was a bad idea to have revealed himself - but maybe it was a blessing in disguise.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"But I do not know everything, something beyond me - and us - brought us together. How strange, isn't it? To be able to bring people from different times to one place…"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Yes, if Houou didn't know what had truly happened, and nor did this voice, then it would better to be around people he knew at least a little bit.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hm."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] As if realizing it just now, the sounds of other voices reached the ears of the woman. She startled; were those other people in the vicinity? They weren't alone. There were more people than just these two so similar yet different people, this Houou Maniwa, and herself around. She had just been so focused on seeing another Shichika.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Togame backed away to stand close beside her own sword, her own Shichika Yasuri. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"It would be pretty audacious of you to try and take on two Shichikas, but I am not allied to that one. So he isn't obligated to serve and protect me."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] She jerked her chin in the scarred one's direction, expression falling into unreadability despite the smirk she wore for show.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "For now, I suppose it's best that we all stay together. There are other strangers and unknowns here."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't really get it but…"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Togame's Shichika loosened his stance.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "If you're saying the other… 'me' is safe to be around… then maybe I shouldn't attack."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm the dangerous one? You're the one who was about to attack me first… ah, other me," [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]the other Shichika spoke with a raised eyebrow and what almost seemed like a pout, before letting out an exasperated sigh, as though already quite tired with the situation, and scratching his cheek briefly, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't get it that much either, but… I suppose that there's truth in Maniwani's words. Whatever's going on here, it is beyond just us. Those other people… Maybe we should follow them around, see what's going on. And we can try to make better sense of this situation once we get to a place where we can settle down,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] he continued, finding himself acting more level-headed than even he had anticipated, let alone what this Togame and the other Shichika might have thought, before placing a hand on his hip as he turned to Houou with that.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You'd better not try anything. We… Or at least, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] don't have a reason to fight you. Though… If you do try anything on me or even the others, you might be torn into pieces by that point,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Shichika spoke, uttering what had become his trademark catchphrase like it was second nature to him, like all the memories had come back to possess him like the spirit of Kiki Shikizaki had come to possess Maniwa, though in this instant, it was not the sword that spoke, but rather, the man. With that, as he took off his hat and placed it on his back, his scars and other distinguishing features from his double more visible now, he turned around and let out a sigh, before glancing back at the others. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Well… Where to, then?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It's too dark in here."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
Oegknuk.png
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Seeing as even [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]this [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Shichika was going to wait and see where the group would go, Togame naturally moved into the position of leading the group. Unless, of course, Houou Maniwa had something to say. If he knew more than she did, she was going to keep him close at hand. Squinting around, she pointed in the direction of a faint blue glow. Other shapes and forms of people were already gathering around the place. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Let's [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]go to that blue light[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]It looks like there are others already there.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She sighed as she nodded towards the unscarred Yasuri, prompting him to move in tandem with her towards that source of light. As she passed by the one with the scar on his face, Togame couldn't help but stare, for a few seconds, at the prominent number of scars. If this really was a future Shichika, he really hadn't taken care of himself like she asked him to. At the thought, she suddenly looked away and quickened her own pace.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If there was no Togame to get angry at Shichika Yasuri for not taking care of himself… Was she looking at what could happen?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her Shichika hadn't seemed to understand the ramifications of this one yet, the details that she had already caught. Those small details clung to the back of her mind, troubling her, but there was no time to wonder about future Togame's fate… If she even had one. The strategian's face darkened as she ducked her face away from the other three. It wasn't as if she never anticipated the possibility of something happening, but she was going to go through it no matter the risk.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Even if looking at this future mirror of Shichika caused no small amount of shame and guilt inside her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I wonder why your eyes look more human than the one I know. What happened in the future to turn you into this?[/BCOLOR]

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Voidwarrior @C.T. @Bomb @The Myrmidon @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Minerva @Kaykay @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Lissamel @Gwazi Magnum @Jeremi @Gands @penguin055 @Josh M @Nater Taters @Yang Lee @Krieg @AkiryaFudo @Fallen Hope @MetalNova

• Useful
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Verite and Hana
Status
Not open for further replies.