Status
Not open for further replies.
- Mc-Emo-Hair, the demon mistress and her equally demonic maid, the dude literally named Lucifer, the swords-woman from hell, and Ocelot, the man who suspiciously seems to be there to bust us out of a hypothetically impossible situation. If you're looking for a threat to the multiverse, how about starting there instead of innocent and fair young ladies who you are making CRY?!"
Corrin looked up. "He's a good man. I've worked with him before." She said calmly.
Was someone saying his name? He blinked....The mists seemed to be receding, his power was kicking back in. And with a pained wince as pain presented its bill, he could feel his regeneration kick in painfully as flesh regrew alongside bone, nerves reconnecting in a manner that always hurt like Hell. Bullets forced themselves out, shrapnel in turn as well with little clinks. Ear pressure reasserted itself as the world came back into balance. And as it did, the first thing he saw was Corrin. Saber Alter had likewise stepped over, staring down with crossed arms and a raised eyebrow. Lucifer blinked.

"Welcome back to the land of the living Master."

"Corrin? Saber? What's going on?"

Saber gave a shrug.

"We appear to have reclaimed our base. Naturally, the first order of work is for people to bicker once more."

Lucifer frowned, looking around at the various bodies and evidence of a hard fought battle. Though seeing the group go back in their little arguments once more, he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes.

"....Saber. Among the bodies. Is there any trace of that clown from earlier?"

Saber blinked and scanned the cadavers. All seemed to have sort of running theme. Gas masks and otherwise, but nothing more. She shook her head. Lucifer was afraid of that and he sat up, wincing at a crick in his back.

"Alright. Saber-."
"I apologize if I came off as rude, Lucifer. Corrin, if you're vouching for him, I trust your judgement. I can't say the same for everyone present, though. Besides, I sense a lot less dark aura coming from Lucifer than his companion with the dark energy sword."
He paused as he was addressed and decided to take it at face value, shrugging once.

"Its fine. Also, its a longer story then we have time for right now."

Saber Alter scoffed but said nothing otherwise.

"Saber, the cells. Check on Handsome Jack and those in the coma's. We can at least get the medical center(if we've anything to salvage from there) up and running for those who need it."

"Already done Master. Dr. Yasano is currently tending to them, as well as those in the cells."

"And the clown?"

"Still at large." Saber said calmly. Lucifer blinked and tried to take it in before reaching a hand for his head.

His hat was gone.

Pity. He rather liked that hat and he huffed out before looking at the conversation taking place. Taking a cross-legged position at rest, he looked at Saber for a beat.

Saber Alter rolled her eyes and went off to listen to the argument in thoughtfulness...Especially after the mention of Malevolence within Ilona and Junko.

Lucifer waited for a beat before looking at Corrin. How long ago had it been, since they met? He was unsure of this was the one he knew, but the moment she said she worked with him before, you could have knocked him over with a feather. The multiverse was a smaller place all the time it seemed, and this particular meeting after how it ended, well....He was speechless. He cast about mentally for any sort of small talk, allowing himself to catch his breath and let his body metabolize its blood source he used to heal those major wounds. Finally, he spoke.

"Umm....So how have you been?"

Nailed it.

@Minerva @Atomyky @Mason Moretti @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Takumi @Nater Taters @Josh M

M08XlnS.png

The words of both Mason and Junko conflicted with each other, the afterthoughts of both viewpoints conflicting in the girl's mind. Ilona placed a hand over her mouth for a moment, turning away from them both. "While I appreciate the thoughts of you both," Ilona began, softly biting her lower-lip. "Sir Mason's words resonate more to me. Miss Junko, I understand you, really I do. When I was a child, I didn't have control of my teleportation powers either. I was thrust from world to world, universe to universe, always alone and afraid. I hated it. But I was raised in it. It's all I know," she said, with a shrug, her voice shaking slightly.

"I cannot imagine anything but the life I've been living. So even now that I have control and the option to stay in one place, I choose not to. I-I like running." Ilona teared up slightly, reaching up to wipe her eyes with the back of her right hand.

But she's right about one thing... I've never been able to keep a single friend. I lose every friend I make. I'm always alone and it hurts. Although, I'd much rather be alone than in the presence of organizations such as these ones. While Miss Junko says they are trying their best, and that may be true, I feel like less than a human being when they look at me.

Ilona folded her hands and glanced to the ground, keeping her eyes away from the others. Their yelling was starting to give the princess a headache. She wanted more than anything just to run out of the room, find somewhere to hide, and curl up into a ball. "I would only ever choose staying in one place over traveling if I were to find someone or something I loved more..."

And I've never met anyone or anything like that. I don't allow myself to stay in one place long enough to grow attachments I cannot live without. Even if I were to do that, it is doubtful someone I care for would trust me. Nobody ever has.

@Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Debate​
Mason grabbed hold of Ilona's folded hands. This was partially a gesture of friendship and partially caused by worry that she might shift. He thinks back to when his emotions had gone out of had and he had first experienced a shift between worlds. From memories, experience, and his sense for aura feeling Ilona's heart wanting to tear away, Mason understands how much Ilona wants to run. He whispers to her, softly, "If you want to run away for a moment, we can do it. I have enough energy to bring us back no matter where we are in the universe. It's kinda like Kido was saying about the power of friendship connected to my powers."
WBJfeMo.webp

"I can buy it when they say that you lack choice. I want to respect your decision, Miss, but you aren't making decisions to begin with. You aren't making choices. You need to. Alright, I'll tell you a little something. Today alone, I nearly died like..."

Kido counts with his fingers.

"... probably 5 or 6. Yeah, 5 or 6 times I think, Just today. In all of these instances, I feared the sweet embrace of death, and I had every reason to. I have family..."

Kido looks at his sister, then takes a photograph out, takes a look at it, then keeps it. Maybe you would like to take a peek at it during this limited time he is taking it out?

"... I've got lots of comrades, old and new alike..."

Kido looks at Mason, Artyom, Robin, Corrin, Zen, and the others who helped him out in that wretched dreamscape caused by the Mist of Silent Earth.

"... don't try to tell me you don't. I don't know if you had any yesterday or last week, but you certainly have friends today! Mason, Ruby... uh... you get me. The only reason why I could even match those trained UMBRELLA agents in physical combat was my will to live. If I lacked that will, I would just be another head on the chopping block. You're not even going to fight for your life? You're stronger than this, Ms Illona. Nihilism is just one big meme. Lacking bravery is one thing, but lacking will is another! Come on, Ms Illona, stand up strong, and tell them that you... uh..."

WBJfeMo.webp

"... yeah! What he said! Tell them that, or something.

Well, except the Lucifer part. I have every reason to trust Father Lucifer thanks to the Rapture Incident."

Kido covers his mouth and blushes.

"I mean... uh... yeah... moving on."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Sen @Takumi @Nater Taters

glXTgGe.webp

"I heavily agree with Mr Lang over here. Notice how Hisoka has hardly been mentioned throughout the course of this fiasco. Our attention has been so focused on the task at hand that we have not even once brought our other dilemmas up, even though they are also incredibly important."

"In addition to Mason's statement. I have read up on other beings that are candidates for such. I am curious if any of them are there."

Madoka coughs.

"But... who is diverting the attention?"

@Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

He heard Kido's words and continued his whispers to Ilona, "And it's like he's saying right now. You have a will of your own. If you wish to, then let us run. I'll follow your lead."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee

#Debate #FREEmasons

((EDIT: Potholed Sunrise Chapter Alpha for a reference.))​

Last edited by a moderator:
"..."

JIrgdD9.png

Makoto was at a loss for words. "I'm... not sure what you're all asking... Kyoko wanted what you're defining as a third choice. Kieran's motivations may be muddling it, but--" The boy flinched, closing his eyes. "We have just defeated Umbrella, saved lives from catastrophe, and still you see this as a choice between two evils?"

"There is little doubt the traitor who set this up still walks alive and free," said Morrigan. She gestured with her hand to refer to everyone speaking. "However, how do you plan to seek them out this very moment? The matter was never obscured. Ilona was an exploit, used by our enemy to much success, and the nature of allowing that exploit, or danger, to be left alone was always the heart of this particular matter. 'Tis one matter, then another, and the one that can have something done about it at this very moment is not this traitor or the escaped prisoner."

"Morrigan, thank you for putting it into perspective..."

"If someone actually has something concrete about a traitor or the location of Hisoka beyond reminders that they are still at large, then speak," said Kieran gruffly. "Otherwise, the matter doesn't need comment."

Makoto nodded, opening his eyes. He looked tearful. "Still, there's a problem... just because we represent positions of authority, doesn't mean we're here to look down on Ilona or anyone else. Kieran may see it as the UN flexing their power, and the rest of you may think we don't have Ilona's interests in mind, but... Ilona!"

O9lv529.png

He walked over to her. "If you run, right now, realize the statement you're making. I stand by you, and I believe in you, but whether or not you let the United Nations look after you, you must take responsibility for the lives taken through the use of your abilities. I'm so sorry... but they were my people, Ilona...!" Makoto grew more emotional, voice on the edge of breaking. "If you run, what can I say to their families... to their memories?!"

@Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

Last edited:
"All of your are side tracking yourself with a "third option" that viable. Stop focusing on the traitor for now, and let's us face the facts at hand. We need to either take Ilona somewhere safe, or let her walk alone, a danger to herself and others."

"Wynne, the way you put that, it's harsh. "

"It is. However, so is life. Everyone has to pick a side. Like it or not. I'm with Makoto. He's earned my trust."

@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @The Tactician @Yun Lee

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Divided We Stand"

Blood flowed freely as Miko's powerful and desperate attack ripped through SPECTRE's armor. So focused he had been on Weiss that Miko's attack could not be blocked. He faltered and stumbled, dropping his knife and allowing Weiss the final blow as her blade pierced his heart. With a gurgle, the man went down.

All of Umbrella was defeated.

Makoto began issuing orders for the explosives on the exit to be carefully deactivated to allow the group to move the injured back to the Medical Bay.

With the matter of the portal still at hand, Lalonde nodded at Ilona, finding herself at a sense of unease. It was easy to see that Ilona was distressed by how cautious Makoto was with her, but she did see the point to his and everyone else's caution. "As a matter of fairness, it was theorized by Umbrella that many of your powers were born of the same malevolence. Your experience with matters of teleportation, or shifting, is wonderful, though who knows how these destructive talents will manifest..."

Junko had managed to calm down slightly, though her face had reddened in embarrassment over the situation. She was a total mess, not unlike usual, and this guy was being pretty nice about it... "No, it's okay..." With a sigh, the girl handed back the jacket and instead wiped at her eyes with her arm. She didn't need to hold on to it now that the mist was going away.

ZdY5YY9.png

"I'm so tired of saying everything sucks... I just want to sit down and relax, okay...?" She grumbled softly, looking down at her feet until Ilona had approached her. She looked up at the girl, peering suspiciously at the woman wearing the pink scarf behind her. "I don't know how similar... Do you have a scar that glows green?"

Y83nIlS.png

"Junko Enoshima... I saw you during the Gravity Falls Incident. You show up at the most curious of moments... something Umbrella was desperate to make use of." She stared at Junko, who couldn't read the expression on her face. The woman's eyes were obscured behind her bangs, though she had a certain vibe about her that felt trustworthy to some degree. No, maybe that wasn't the right feeling... it felt more like warmth.

"The both of you, and one other girl, were all targeted for these unique abilities. If there's any connection between you three, it may be best for you all to spend some time together."

"Sure, whatever... I can never stick around for long." She crossed her arms, looking almost childish as she pouted. "It's like you... Ilona, right? I get carried around against my will, like I'm some fucking... puppet... the Ultimate Puppet, that's what I am! Umbrella saw that and wanted to use me as well. They knew I had no power over my own life..."

"Listen up!"

With blood staining the right side of his body, Kieran looked like a bloodthirsty warrior with an axe in hand. "I've got men and women working clean-up now that Umbrella's been routed! You guys can worry about that portal-- our real issue now is to evacuate Ilona. I'll be taking her to a secure Coalition location without United Nations influence."

zf3TrJq.png

Makoto let out a heavy sigh. "Kieran, really...? We've only just finished the battle... we're still in the process of moving our wounded!" Makoto gestured to Jude and Leia, who were just leaving now with both Jon and Iroh on stretchers.

"Then there's no time to waste. Not risking Ilona's life here, she needs security now."

"And she will have security with us," Ritsuko argued, stepping into the fray once the fighting had ended, the woman crossing her arms as she'd stand behind the shorter Makoto, "The Coalition is in no state to secure the safety of a little girl, especially not after a large-scale attack like the one these headquarters have just suffered. She'll be safer in the hands of the United Nations, and if I were you, Captain-Commander, I'd stop where I was."

Untitled-62.jpg

"Well, maybe Naegi's right. We should at least recover first if we're going to get into this debate again," Uhura commented, "We need to rest and gather our bearings again."

Others in the area, such as Ocelot and Doppo, remained somewhat silent, refraining from saying their piece for the moment, though it wasn't long until Gwen would clear her throat to say something.

Vp6YbX3.png

"Well, just sitting around isn't going to help solve the problem for us. Almost feels like you just don't want us to speak up against you, but I'm not letting you run off until we at least talk about all this."

"And who is this "us" that you're referring to, Stacy? Certainly not I. Don't be so eager to start something you'll regret," Ocelot said, a warning tone in his voice as he'd raise a finger, "The fact remains that this is simply the best course of action, and we should respect it. Ilona certainly seems to agree, so what is the argument?"

kiri007.png

Kyoko, stepping beside Kieran, would speak up when heated conversation would begin to arise again. It seemed that the Coalition could never catch a break.

"Makoto... Please listen to me. At least let us consider every factor and fact before making a judgment like this. This... This is someone's life that's in our hands. She may be prepared for what's to come for her, but... Is everyone else going to be satisfied with it all?"

"It's not just one life, it's multiple," Ritsuko would correct, "The undeniable fact that is that, unchecked and unregulated, Ilona's power is dangerous. Or have you already forgotten what she did to the base and your own members? Three dead, I feel the need to remind again. I don't know about you, but I think I can live with saving lives, and evidently, so is Ilona."

Makoto held up his hands defensively toward Kyoko. "Hold on! I'm not the one advocating we get into this right now! In fact... Kieran was the one who started the debate back in the illusion as well. I'm not..."

NoZSSqW.png

"And...?" Kieran stared at him, leaving Makoto feeling a bit awkward. He wasn't sure what to say, really. "I'm not going to leave it so Ritsuko and the UN have time to come up with some manner of whisking Ilona away. We got our medical seeing to the wounded, and anyone who needs a check-up can go."

It was then that Morrigan and Carissa arrived. They took a measured look at the destruction in the Command Center and the lone portal sitting nearby. "'Tis done," said Morrigan dryly. "The Umbrella scientists have been apprehended."

"Good. Now..." Kieran pointed a finger at Makoto. "Makoto, I'm not leaving this room until the matter is settled. Either I convince you, here and now, to see things our way, or I will convince everyone else here to defy you and Ritsuko. Either way, in the end, Ilona is going to be very far away from Ritsuko when this is over."

"..." Makoto looked away, shaking his head. "I just wish you understood..."

"May I have a word?" Lalonde said, stepping forward. She turned to give Ilona a sympathetic look before turning back to speak to Makoto and Kieran.

85kCPQW.png

"I think an important matter to consider for Ilona is stability, something the young woman has not been offered for much of her life. While she has come to master her travelling abilities, what can be said for the other abilities she has begun to exhibit? Past evidence is clear: such powerful abilities defy her will, at least until she can gain control... and perhaps a stable environment dedicated to such a task is what is best for Ilona at this time."

Lalonde looked to Ritsuko. "So, I suppose I agree with you, though I personally have a condition... I can only advocate this path if I am given a role in it. I am a scientist, you see. Allow me to assist you in training the dear girl, and I will give you my full support."

"..." Ritsuko seemed to take a moment to consider it, thinking through what the woman said. She had no idea who this woman was, but... The fact that she'd arrived with Ilona meant that she was likely the one who'd rescued her to begin with, and if the girl herself were to wish this, then Ritsuko didn't see a reason why not. "Well, I suppose--"

"No," Kieran said gruffly, looking angry for just a few moments. He stared at the woman, perhaps upset she didn't readily agree with him, but managed to hold his anger in check. "... I appreciate everything you've done, Lalonde, but even with your support, their path is not something I can agree with. You call it training, and yet..."

The woman shrugged casually in response. "It is just my sole opinion. Ilona herself is free to disagree and give her own. That is the nature of a debate... that is what you want, yes? A debate? You'll have to be willing to hear arguments that don't agree with you, Mr. Kieran.

"So we're back to this again, then?" Ritsuko sighed, rubbing the back of her neck somewhat tiredly, "Out of the frying pan and into the fire indeed. So tell me then, everyone who isn't in favor of what I and your very own Commander Naegi have decided to do about Ilona. Give me a good reason why someone with power as great and unstable as hers shouldn't be put into check and regulated. I'll be waiting," she spoke, as though challenging anyone who was against her train of thought.

Now that Umbrella had been defeated, there was only one enemy left to fight, it seemed.

Each other.

Which side will you choose? Pick your arguments wisely.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon AU)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe and Cheza (Wolf's Rain)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
47.png

"Guys, are we really getting back into this argument? Ilona should be free, because she's human too! Why should we take that away from her?" Zidane appeared; his injury seemed to be tended to.

@EVERYONE​

Reactions: Mason Moretti
Continued from here.
Chapter Five
"Divided We Stand"
Blood flowed freely as Miko's powerful and desperate attack ripped through SPECTRE's armor. So focused he had been on Weiss that Miko's attack could not be blocked. He faltered and stumbled, dropping his knife and allowing Weiss the final blow as her blade pierced his heart. With a gurgle, the man went down.
All of Umbrella was defeated.
Makoto began issuing orders for the explosives on the exit to be carefully deactivated to allow the group to move the injured back to the Medical Bay.
With the matter of the portal still at hand, Lalonde nodded at Ilona, finding herself at a sense of unease. It was easy to see that Ilona was distressed by how cautious Makoto was with her, but she did see the point to his and everyone else's caution. "As a matter of fairness, it was theorized by Umbrella that many of your powers were born of the same malevolence. Your experience with matters of teleportation, or shifting, is wonderful, though who knows how these destructive talents will manifest..."
Junko had managed to calm down slightly, though her face had reddened in embarrassment over the situation. She was a total mess, not unlike usual, and this guy was being pretty nice about it... "No, it's okay..." With a sigh, the girl handed back the jacket and instead wiped at her eyes with her arm. She didn't need to hold on to it now that the mist was going away.
ZdY5YY9.png

"I'm so tired of saying everything sucks... I just want to sit down and relax, okay...?" She grumbled softly, looking down at her feet until Ilona had approached her. She looked up at the girl, peering suspiciously at the woman wearing the pink scarf behind her. "I don't know how similar... Do you have a scar that glows green?"
Y83nIlS.png

"Junko Enoshima... I saw you during the Gravity Falls Incident. You show up at the most curious of moments... something Umbrella was desperate to make use of." She stared at Junko, who couldn't read the expression on her face. The woman's eyes were obscured behind her bangs, though she had a certain vibe about her that felt trustworthy to some degree. No, maybe that wasn't the right feeling... it felt more like warmth.
"The both of you, and one other girl, were all targeted for these unique abilities. If there's any connection between you three, it may be best for you all to spend some time together."
"Sure, whatever... I can never stick around for long." She crossed her arms, looking almost childish as she pouted. "It's like you... Ilona, right? I get carried around against my will, like I'm some fucking... puppet... the Ultimate Puppet, that's what I am! Umbrella saw that and wanted to use me as well. They knew I had no power over my own life..."
"Listen up!"
With blood staining the right side of his body, Kieran looked like a bloodthirsty warrior with an axe in hand. "I've got men and women working clean-up now that Umbrella's been routed! You guys can worry about that portal-- our real issue now is to evacuate Ilona. I'll be taking her to a secure Coalition location without United Nations influence."
zf3TrJq.png

Makoto let out a heavy sigh. "Kieran, really...? We've only just finished the battle... we're still in the process of moving our wounded!" Makoto gestured to Jude and Leia, who were just leaving now with both Jon and Iroh on stretchers.
"Then there's no time to waste. Not risking Ilona's life here, she needs security now."
"And she will have security with us," Ritsuko argued, stepping into the fray once the fighting had ended, the woman crossing her arms as she'd stand behind the shorter Makoto, "The Coalition is in no state to secure the safety of a little girl, especially not after a large-scale attack like the one these headquarters have just suffered. She'll be safer in the hands of the United Nations, and if I were you, Captain-Commander, I'd stop where I was."
Untitled-62.jpg

"Well, maybe Naegi's right. We should at least recover first if we're going to get into this debate again," Uhura commented, "We need to rest and gather our bearings again."
Others in the area, such as Ocelot and Doppo, remained somewhat silent, refraining from saying their piece for the moment, though it wasn't long until Gwen would clear her throat to say something.
Vp6YbX3.png

"Well, just sitting around isn't going to help solve the problem for us. Almost feels like you just don't want us to speak up against you, but I'm not letting you run off until we at least talk about all this."
"And who is this "us" that you're referring to, Stacy? Certainly not I. Don't be so eager to start something you'll regret," Ocelot said, a warning tone in his voice as he'd raise a finger, "The fact remains that this is simply the best course of action, and we should respect it. Ilona certainly seems to agree, so what is the argument?"
kiri007.png

Kyoko, stepping beside Kieran, would speak up when heated conversation would begin to arise again. It seemed that the Coalition could never catch a break.
"Makoto... Please listen to me. At least let us consider every factor and fact before making a judgment like this. This... This is someone's life that's in our hands. She may be prepared for what's to come for her, but... Is everyone else going to be satisfied with it all?"
"It's not just one life, it's multiple," Ritsuko would correct, "The undeniable fact that is that, unchecked and unregulated, Ilona's power is dangerous. Or have you already forgotten what she did to the base and your own members? Three dead, I feel the need to remind again. I don't know about you, but I think I can live with saving lives, and evidently, so is Ilona."
Makoto held up his hands defensively toward Kyoko. "Hold on! I'm not the one advocating we get into this right now! In fact... Kieran was the one who started the debate back in the illusion as well. I'm not..."
NoZSSqW.png

"And...?" Kieran stared at him, leaving Makoto feeling a bit awkward. He wasn't sure what to say, really. "I'm not going to leave it so Ritsuko and the UN have time to come up with some manner of whisking Ilona away. We got our medical seeing to the wounded, and anyone who needs a check-up can go."
It was then that Morrigan and Carissa arrived. They took a measured look at the destruction in the Command Center and the lone portal sitting nearby. "'Tis done," said Morrigan dryly. "The Umbrella scientists have been apprehended."
"Good. Now..." Kieran pointed a finger at Makoto. "Makoto, I'm not leaving this room until the matter is settled. Either I convince you, here and now, to see things our way, or I will convince everyone else here to defy you and Ritsuko. Either way, in the end, Ilona is going to be very far away from Ritsuko when this is over."
"..." Makoto looked away, shaking his head. "I just wish you understood..."
"May I have a word?" Lalonde said, stepping forward. She turned to give Ilona a sympathetic look before turning back to speak to Makoto and Kieran.
85kCPQW.png

"I think an important matter to consider for Ilona is stability, something the young woman has not been offered for much of her life. While she has come to master her travelling abilities, what can be said for the other abilities she has begun to exhibit? Past evidence is clear: such powerful abilities defy her will, at least until she can gain control... and perhaps a stable environment dedicated to such a task is what is best for Ilona at this time."
Lalonde looked to Ritsuko. "So, I suppose I agree with you, though I personally have a condition... I can only advocate this path if I am given a role in it. I am a scientist, you see. Allow me to assist you in training the dear girl, and I will give you my full support."
"..." Ritsuko seemed to take a moment to consider it, thinking through what the woman said. She had no idea who this woman was, but... The fact that she'd arrived with Ilona meant that she was likely the one who'd rescued her to begin with, and if the girl herself were to wish this, then Ritsuko didn't see a reason why not. "Well, I suppose--"
"No," Kieran said gruffly, looking angry for just a few moments. He stared at the woman, perhaps upset she didn't readily agree with him, but managed to hold his anger in check. "... I appreciate everything you've done, Lalonde, but even with your support, their path is not something I can agree with. You call it training, and yet..."
The woman shrugged casually in response. "It is just my sole opinion. Ilona herself is free to disagree and give her own. That is the nature of a debate... that is what you want, yes? A debate? You'll have to be willing to hear arguments that don't agree with you, Mr. Kieran.
"So we're back to this again, then?" Ritsuko sighed, rubbing the back of her neck somewhat tiredly, "Out of the frying pan and into the fire indeed. So tell me then, everyone who isn't in favor of what I and your very own Commander Naegi have decided to do about Ilona. Give me a good reason why someone with power as great and unstable as hers shouldn't be put into check and regulated. I'll be waiting," she spoke, as though challenging anyone who was against her train of thought.
Now that Umbrella had been defeated, there was only one enemy left to fight, it seemed.
Each other.
Which side will you choose? Pick your arguments wisely.
Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon AU)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe and Cheza (Wolf's Rain)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
M8nPPA8.png

Ilona shook her head, glancing down at her body before she would answer Junko's question. "I'm afraid I haven't a scar. However, that does not mean our powers are entirely different. I'd like to believe there is someone who is at least a bit like me. I've always been alone with the powers I have. It would be nice to know that I am not..."
Feeling content with herself as she spoke to Lang and Junko quickly passed when the individuals were suddenly whipped up into a frenzy, discussing what they should do with her. Ilona's heart sunk into the depths of her stomach, her hands trembling before she tightened them into fists. With all of the voices surrounding her, she wasn't sure who to respond to or who she really agreed with. They all made good points, yet Ilona was more confused than ever.
The blonde had to admit, she was somewhat disappointed as well. A lot of these people, kind allies who she respected, just didn't seem to trust her at all. She felt betrayed, the same glum feeling that had gripped her a few days prior in the holding cells when Shiki had seemed to mistrust her as well. She had hoped more of them would be on her side. It stung knowing that they weren't.
Taking a few steps back from some of the group, shrugging her shoulders.
"Do all of you wish to know what I really want? To hear my own words? After having been locked up by Umbrella, it showed me that what I want is not to be kept as a captive away from the world or looked upon by anyone. More than ever, I simply wish to leave. The lot of you are not fond of me, and I blame nobody for that. I've caused much trouble."
"I want to run from all of you, to flee from this place and never return. I would much rather go back to my life of running from place to place, forever moving. However..."

Ilona shrugged her shoulders, a defeated gesture. "Do whatever you wish. It isn't as if I have a choice, is it? Even Lady Wynne suggests that this is not about choice. And perhaps it is best that way. I am only human. I likely make bad decisions."
Surely I do. It isn't as if anyone trusts me.
She sighed. "The lives of the many are far more important than my own anyhow. If all of you believe locking me up to be the best option, I shan't argue. Do what you must."
Running her hands together anxiously, she'd glance back up at the group and force a small smile.
SO9OYkg.gif

"Please do not make me into such a big problem. If it comes down to it, I would not even protest to being put down if you feel it would be best for the multiverse. In fact I'd... prefer it to being locked up."
Yet, somehow Ilona couldn't picture any of them being comfortable with "putting her down." She was certain any normal person would call it inhumane, but was keeping her locked up any more humane than having her life ended? Ilona honestly just wanted all of this to be over. Ever since the meetings and the explosion had happened, she felt so much pressure and stress involving this whole situation. If only she had never been born with any of these cursed powers from the start!
@Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk @Debate​
"Oh, geez, listen to this guy..." Kieran turned away from Makoto, eyeing Shizuo like he'd just said something ridiculous. Taking his axe and slamming it down into the wood of desk next to him, he laughed. "Putting Ritsuko back in line? And what line is she outside of? You're telling me you think Robin, who I question how he became your leader in the first place, can do anything here? Ritsuko is not acting alone, she has members of the UN in her own pocket and backing her as well. You're so hopelessly divided, that it sickens me we let you have this much control over us."

Lalonde sighed. "Well, if this loudmouth is finished his personal rant... Ilona, this is not a matter of locking you up. Obviously, the last thing I would want is for anything like Umbrella planned for you. That is why I hope my presence can ensure this path is tailored to your needs, not anyone else's. Certainly, I would never allow harm to come to you."

"Ilona, putting you down is not an option... and has never been one!" Placing a hand to his chest, Makoto tried to look Ilona in the eye. "I would die myself before I let that happen."

qHxbJYe.png

"Hey... does this mean I have to be locked up too? Again? Because... you guys tried that. Didn't work out too well..."

"Huh?" Makoto looked to Robin and Ritsuko. "What did she just say? You had this Junko Enoshima contained...?"

"Uh, yeah? Something about the SCP Foundation... that's you guys, isn't it?"

@Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate
XdQJCsz.png

Ilona turned her head away from Makoto, shrugging him off for the moment. She figured her body language was enough to show him that she didn't believe him. and Ilona had nothing else to say to him for the moment. She figured he wouldn't listen to her reasoning anyhow. A couple others such as Lang and Shizuo would address her too, but she didn't reply to them. While they were trying their best to help with input, she wasn't sure if they understood her situation. In fact, a majority of the people here didn't seem to understand her.

The one Ilona would decide to address, however, was Wanda. "While you mean well, it is pointless to offer me such a thing. As many people around here have been saying, I have no choice in the matter. So the choice isn't mine at all," she replied, disheartened. "And even if I had a choice, I fear I do not know how I would respond to such an offer. Truthfully, I am not as brave as everyone believes. If I had a choice, I feel almost as if I would much rather run from this situation. My life on the road is what brings me most comfort. I'd rather return to it..."

@Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @Debate​
"Hey, girl."

ctbboOA.png

Junko was giving Ilona a look. The look. The kind of look someone gave someone else when they believed they suddenly understood a whole lot about them. Junko knew she and Ilona were probably very different people, but their lives shared a couple of similarities that seemed almost fateful. Junko might have not believed in such a thing before, but she could not deny that coincidences seemed to follow her. Forget being the Ultimate Fashionista, sign Junko Enoshima up as the Ultimate Fatalist.

"Running around the multiverse... maybe you enjoy it way more than I do at this point, but it kind of sucks. I mean, it really sucks. I don't move by choice... I don't choose to leave the people I met. I doubt you did at first either, you know? But if you run, you will have to keep running. Like, I believe in a woman's choice to choose--" Junko held up a fist. "Girl power, and all, but I personally would much rather have the choice to stop at some point later on. I've met the United Nations and the Coalition at times... I've seen the shit they do. I mean, shit as in good stuff. Both groups are trying their best. Even that SCP group seemed to have the best interests of all at mind, I think..."

The girl waved her head side to side for a moment, as if in thought. "Hmm... I'm not so good at this. I guess I'm trying to say, try to find some good in each, because I'd hate for you to have to keep running. It's not fun at all. You can't even... make friends..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Debate
M08XlnS.png

The words of both Mason and Junko conflicted with each other, the afterthoughts of both viewpoints conflicting in the girl's mind. Ilona placed a hand over her mouth for a moment, turning away from them both. "While I appreciate the thoughts of you both," Ilona began, softly biting her lower-lip. "Sir Mason's words resonate more to me. Miss Junko, I understand you, really I do. When I was a child, I didn't have control of my teleportation powers either. I was thrust from world to world, universe to universe, always alone and afraid. I hated it. But I was raised in it. It's all I know," she said, with a shrug, her voice shaking slightly.

"I cannot imagine anything but the life I've been living. So even now that I have control and the option to stay in one place, I choose not to. I-I like running." Ilona teared up slightly, reaching up to wipe her eyes with the back of her right hand.

But she's right about one thing... I've never been able to keep a single friend. I lose every friend I make. I'm always alone and it hurts. Although, I'd much rather be alone than in the presence of organizations such as these ones. While Miss Junko says they are trying their best, and that may be true, I feel like less than a human being when they look at me.

Ilona folded her hands and glanced to the ground, keeping her eyes away from the others. Their yelling was starting to give the princess a headache. She wanted more than anything just to run out of the room, find somewhere to hide, and curl up into a ball. "I would only ever choose staying in one place over traveling if I were to find someone or something I loved more..."

And I've never met anyone or anything like that. I don't allow myself to stay in one place long enough to grow attachments I cannot live without. Even if I were to do that, it is doubtful someone I care for would trust me. Nobody ever has.

@Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Debate​
"..."

JIrgdD9.png

Makoto was at a loss for words. "I'm... not sure what you're all asking... Kyoko wanted what you're defining as a third choice. Kieran's motivations may be muddling it, but--" The boy flinched, closing his eyes. "We have just defeated Umbrella, saved lives from catastrophe, and still you see this as a choice between two evils?"

"There is little doubt the traitor who set this up still walks alive and free," said Morrigan. She gestured with her hand to refer to everyone speaking. "However, how do you plan to seek them out this very moment? The matter was never obscured. Ilona was an exploit, used by our enemy to much success, and the nature of allowing that exploit, or danger, to be left alone was always the heart of this particular matter. 'Tis one matter, then another, and the one that can have something done about it at this very moment is not this traitor or the escaped prisoner."

"If someone actually has something concrete about a traitor or the location of Hisoka beyond reminders that they are still at largem then speak. Otherwise, the matter doesn't need comment."

Makoto nodded, opening his eyes. He looked tearful. "Still, there's a problem... just because we represent positions of authority, doesn't mean we're here to look down on Ilona or anyone else. Kieran may see it as the UN flexing their power, and the rest of you may think we don't have Ilona's interests in mind, but... Ilona!"

O9lv529.png

He walked over to her. "If you run, right now, realize the statement you're making. I stand by you, and I believe in you, but whether or not you let the United Nations look after you, you must take responsibility for the lives taken through the use of your abilities. I'm so sorry... but they were my people, Ilona...!" Makoto grew more emotional, voice on the edge of breaking. "If you run, what can I say to their families... to their memories?!"

@Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Hospes @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee
@Debate

Ruby Rose

The mist had cleared, and the battle was over, but the debate had only just begun, but it seemed that Ruby was still stubbornly sticking by Kieran's side, even if she looked alot more conflicted by now.

However, Ilona's mention of running away caused Ruby to approach Ilona quietly, putting a gentle hand on her shoulder.

sxlzcK3.gif

"Nope!... You can't run... Not now!" She said, then paused for a moment.

Looks like Ruby was trying to think about what she was gonna say next... She had most of her words planned out, but she couldn't afford to make a mistake, not when it mattered the most.

"Look... Whatever happens, we'll face it together! Just like... Like..." Ruby trailed off.

She was about to say "Elsa and Sophie", but her expression fell a little when she remembered what had happened to Elsa, but it didn't stop her from trying to finish the sentence with something else, putting on a smile in an effort to look more confident in what she was saying.

"Teammates!" She shouted suddenly.

It took her a moment, but the answer seemed to come naturally to her, after she remembered that she still had team RWBY back in Beacon. Though only half the team was here right now, she was sure they could make it through together, and win this debate! Somehow... She just hoped the side she had chosen would be the right one...

Mason was more that a little dumbstruck at the turn the conversation had taken. He had been asleep the last time the group had discussed this matter, so this situation came as a bit of surprise. Here they were, among the corpses of overpowered Umbrella operatives, discussing bureaucratic politics and whether or not to lock up Ilona. These were two things that Mason thought should be saved for an official meeting or something about that nature.

Regardless, Mason felt the compulsion to chime in on the matter.

"I know that I'm a bit new here and don't really understand a lot of the politics over the Coalition and U.N.'s power and stuff, but..." Mason fished for a continuation of his thought, "Are you all truly making this about Ilona and her situation? All I'm really hearing from everyone is either: One, 'The UN is supposed to keep people safe', two, 'The Coalition has jurisdiction', three, 'Makoto-slash-Ritsuko-slash-Robin-slash-whomever is a bitch', four, 'what the hell is SCP', or five, 'both sides are wrong'. I'm hearing an awful lot of discussion, but not a lot of conversation.

"Even hearing people say, 'Aww, Ilona, don't hurt yourself, we care about you,' sounds insincere. I'm starting to wonder if joining the Coalition was a good idea if this is how we deal with bad situations: Violence, followed by arguing. I didn't have to deal with this shit while travelling around the multiverse on my own. That sounds like a better deal right about now." Mason took a short pause with a look of shock before he continued, "I apologize for my coarse language right now. I'm getting a little worked up.

"Anyway, my point still stands that none of you seem to actually care about Ilona. Rather than search for a compromise, you all would rather yell your points and stand utterly convinced that the opposite side is vehemently against you!

"Makoto's side, Kyoko and Kieran don't want to let the force of an archdemon free, they want to set a person free, and that's still possible while keeping her monitored. Kyoko's side, Makoto and Ritsuko don't want to lock Ilona in a cage and perform experiments on her! They want her to go to a place where she can learn and grow! There's a happy medium between both sides! I don't see why we're fighting each other! ESPECIALLY when we have a much bigger enemy to fight at the moment!

"You're also not actually taking into account the nature of her powers! By bringing all of this stress upon the poor princess, you're making things worse! You're removing her choice, which means you're giving darkness a chance to grow inside her. If she learns to wield it, it's a powerful tool. It's not like you don't have OTHER members of your organization whose powers are demonic. Hell, Shiki just went into "evil alternate personality" mode ten minutes ago! That's not to mention Swords Mc-Emo-Hair, the demon mistress and her equally demonic maid, the dude literally named Lucifer, the swords-woman from hell, and Ocelot, the man who suspiciously seems to be there to bust us out of a hypothetically impossible situation. If you're looking for a threat to the multiverse, how about starting there instead of innocent and fair young ladies who you are making CRY?!"

@Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee #Debate

Mason's emotions were burning hot, the fire being stoked by the powers of his necklace, which had then started to glow brightly with Mason's aura. In an attempt to keep himself from going overboard, he removed the necklace, bringing his emotions to a quick cooldown. In doing so, he heard Ilona's voice, but only a snippet...

"Let me tell you from experience, Princess, life on the road is a lot more fun than bureaucracy. You make a ton of friends, you can always return to them, you can raise Cain but fix it all in the end, every day is a new adventure, and, most importantly, you learn and grow and become a lot stronger and more confident in yourself.

"Honestly, Madame Ilona, I say that you and I forget the Coalition AND the UN to go live life on the multiverse road again."
Lang listened, actually listened, to the points brought up, before joining in once more.

"Mister Mason here brings up some very good things," Lang said. "By focusing on Ilona, we're ignoring important details that no one seems to want to talk about. The traitor probably eating popcorn as they watch this show unfold, Coco the Clown still missing from his inkwell...why do we keep ignoring the facts? Because the traitor wants us to. In fact...I think this entire squabble was planned from the start. Think about it. Someone who knew what Ilona was capable of decides to trigger her powers, then make an outcry big enough to prevent us from focusing on their existance. Ilona is not the murderer you seek, Major Ocelot, she was the murder weapon the real murderer, our traitor, used."

@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @The Tactician
GR1RdDE.png

"...?!"

Kyoko almost seemed to be surprised by Mason's sudden outburst, for once not having anything to immediately say in response. He certainly had a lot to say that had to be registered. Still, it was something that even the Ultimate Detective couldn't predict or account for. She played back his words in his head, listening over the points he'd wanted to make in her head, before eventually producing her own response, looking at Mason somewhat intensely.

Cue the fabled Kyoko Glare.

5pdOBjl.png

"If you doubt my intentions then, Moretti, does that mean then that you'd rather stand alongside Makoto and Ms. Akagi? I'm sorry to say, but there's no feasible third option without ultimately resorting to siding with either one. So let me ask you this, are you with me, or are you against me? I care about Ilona just as much as the next person; that's why my vote goes to letting her live on without fear of being put into check like an item on a list of things to contain. She's not the only person walking around with great, unstable power, after all, so of course it'd be unfair to treat her like a murderer," Kyoko said, her hands balling into fists, as though angry with whatever assumptions was being made about not only her, but the others as well.

"I'm afraid it's not that simple. To restate what Kieran believes to a degree, I do agree with the assessment that the United Nations has too much influence over this matter. Ilona came to us, so she is under our jurisdiction for as long as she wishes. It was her choice to come here."

Adjusting his glasses, Doppo would clear his throat, before hopping into the fray himself.

75J6SYx.gif

"Think of it this way then, Ms. Kirigiri, Mr. Moretti. If a highly dangerous, unstable weapon in our possession were to be used against us, would it not be wiser to discuss what to do with the weapon before potentially wasting time and effort in trying to catch the invisible traitor in our midst?" The man inquired, "After all, if we do that and work into effect a solution of what to do with said weapon, then the enemy wouldn't be able to use it while we're trying to find him, like a cat chasing a mouse chasing some cheese..."

"But that's the thing! Ilona isn't a weapon like Umbrella wanted to use her for! She's a person, no different from you, myself, or anybody else here!"

Meanwhile, Shiki was still a bit out of it.

"... My what now?"

3e563d08e981493ebc7ae78e254894f0.png

"Don't test me, you cub," Ocelot said, raising a warning finger towards Mason in response to his accusations, "In my experiences from my world and others, I've built up quite the resistance to all sorts of outside influence, such as the effects of the mist. More than that, considering how we were all led into a room where we were about to die, some devised trap that would have made good use of our despair energy by giving us a false hope of escape, what's to say that they didn't want me, or anyone else on hand, to lead everyone to the trap? Of course, by some wave of fate, the trap was sprung, possibly due to interference from either Morrigan or that mysterious Misaka girl, hence we're here now."

"As for the second time, evidently Handsome Jack believed he would have been let out earlier from custody for good behavior if he freed us. He just thought wrong."

After that, he'd turn to Lang, lightly furrowing his brow at the wolf-like man's words. "Perhaps... It may be true that the mystery traitor had orchestrated all this with the intent of tearing us apart, but we cannot know for certain. In fact, who's to say that rather, their intentions are to instead lose focus on Ilona? She is the most pressing matter at hand, and thus, tactically speaking, it'd be quite the plan to trick the enemy into worrying about a matter that they think they're on top of, when really, what they should have been worrying about was what they'd been thinking about previously? The battlefield is full of devious strategy and the like, like that after all..."

"In other words, if we choose to focus on the traitor over Ilona, they could use that opportunity to sneak in from right under our noses and snatch her away again, but if we focus on her over the traitor, the individual whom we can't make heads or tails of to begin with, then at least we'd be able to settle priorities."

@Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

Scott watched as the fight ended and was silent. He wasn't sure, and it seemed that they were making them pick a side again. Free Ilona, imprison her. Why did these two debates so far boil down to these choices? Let her be free or make a choice who should be her jailer. Neither seemed right to the werewolf. He remained silent.

Stiles turned to Mom Lalonde and decided to ask her a question. " How exactly would you keep Illona's power in check and train her?" He asked her.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Hospes @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @york
@Debate

"..."

JIrgdD9.png

"If someone actually has something concrete about a traitor or the location of Hisoka beyond reminders that they are still at large, then speak," said Kieran gruffly. "Otherwise, the matter doesn't need comment."

O9lv529.png

"All of your are side tracking yourself with a "third option" that viable. Stop focusing on the traitor for now, and let's us face the facts at hand. We need to either take Ilona somewhere safe, or let her walk alone, a danger to herself and others."

"It is. However, so is life. Everyone has to pick a side. Like it or not. I'm with Makoto. He's earned my trust."

47.png

"Guys, are we really getting back into this argument? Ilona should be free, because she's human too! Why should we take that away from her?" Zidane appeared; his injury seemed to be tended to.

@EVERYONE​
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Hospes @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee
@Debate

Ruby Rose

The mist had cleared, and the battle was over, but the debate had only just begun, but it seemed that Ruby was still stubbornly sticking by Kieran's side, even if she looked alot more conflicted by now.

However, Ilona's mention of running away caused Ruby to approach Ilona quietly, putting a gentle hand on her shoulder.

sxlzcK3.gif

Looks like Ruby was trying to think about what she was gonna say next... She had most of her words planned out, but she couldn't afford to make a mistake, not when it mattered the most.

"Look... Whatever happens, we'll face it together! Just like... Like..." Ruby trailed off.

She was about to say "Elsa and Sophie", but her expression fell a little when she remembered what had happened to Elsa, but it didn't stop her from trying to finish the sentence with something else, putting on a smile in an effort to look more confident in what she was saying.

It took her a moment, but the answer seemed to come naturally to her, after she remembered that she still had team RWBY back in Beacon. Though only half the team was here right now, she was sure they could make it through together, and win this debate! Somehow... She just hoped the side she had chosen would be the right one...

GR1RdDE.png

"...?!"

Kyoko almost seemed to be surprised by Mason's sudden outburst, for once not having anything to immediately say in response. He certainly had a lot to say that had to be registered. Still, it was something that even the Ultimate Detective couldn't predict or account for. She played back his words in his head, listening over the points he'd wanted to make in her head, before eventually producing her own response, looking at Mason somewhat intensely.

5pdOBjl.png

"If you doubt my intentions then, Moretti, does that mean then that you'd rather stand alongside Makoto and Ms. Akagi? I'm sorry to say, but there's no feasible third option without ultimately resorting to siding with either one. So let me ask you this, are you with me, or are you against me? I care about Ilona just as much as the next person; that's why my vote goes to letting her live on without fear of being put into check like an item on a list of things to contain. She's not the only person walking around with great, unstable power, after all, so of course it'd be unfair to treat her like a murderer," Kyoko said, her hands balling into fists, as though angry with whatever assumptions was being made about not only her, but the others as well.

"I'm afraid it's not that simple. To restate what Kieran believes to a degree, I do agree with the assessment that the United Nations has too much influence over this matter. Ilona came to us, so she is under our jurisdiction for as long as she wishes. It was her choice to come here."

Adjusting his glasses, Doppo would clear his throat, before hopping into the fray himself.

75J6SYx.gif

"Think of it this way then, Ms. Kirigiri, Mr. Moretti. If a highly dangerous, unstable weapon in our possession were to be used against us, would it not be wiser to discuss what to do with the weapon before potentially wasting time and effort in trying to catch the invisible traitor in our midst?" The man inquired, "After all, if we do that and work into effect a solution of what to do with said weapon, then the enemy wouldn't be able to use it while we're trying to find him, like a cat chasing a mouse chasing some cheese..."

"But that's the thing! Ilona isn't a weapon like Umbrella wanted to use her for! She's a person, no different from you, myself, or anybody else here!"

Meanwhile, Shiki was still a bit out of it.

"... My what now?"

"Don't test me, you cub," Ocelot said, raising a warning finger towards Mason in response to his accusations, "In my experiences from my world and others, I've built up quite the resistance to all sorts of outside influence, such as the effects of the mist. More than that, considering how we were all led into a room where we were about to die, some devised trap that would have made good use of our despair energy by giving us a false hope of escape, what's to say that they didn't want me, or anyone else on hand, to lead everyone to the trap? Of course, by some wave of fate, the trap was sprung, possibly due to interference from either Morrigan or that mysterious Misaka girl, hence we're here now."

"As for the second time, evidently Handsome Jack believed he would have been let out earlier from custody for good behavior if he freed us. He just thought wrong."

After that, he'd turn to Lang, lightly furrowing his brow at the wolf-like man's words. "Perhaps... It may be true that the mystery traitor had orchestrated all this with the intent of tearing us apart, but we cannot know for certain. In fact, who's to say that rather, their intentions are to instead lose focus on Ilona? She is the most pressing matter at hand, and thus, tactically speaking, it'd be quite the plan to trick the enemy into worrying about a matter that they think they're on top of, when really, what they should have been worrying about was what they'd been thinking about previously? The battlefield is full of devious strategy and the like, like that after all..."

"In other words, if we choose to focus on the traitor over Ilona, they could use that opportunity to sneak in from right under our noses and snatch her away again, but if we focus on her over the traitor, the individual whom we can't make heads or tails of to begin with, then at least we'd be able to settle priorities."

@Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate
Scott watched as the fight ended and was silent. He wasn't sure, and it seemed that they were making them pick a side again. Free Ilona, imprison her. Why did these two debates so far boil down to these choices? Let her be free or make a choice who should be her jailer. Neither seemed right to the werewolf. He remained silent.

Stiles turned to Mom Lalonde and decided to ask her a question. " How exactly would you keep Illona's power in check and train her?" He asked her.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Hospes @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @york
@Debate
tumblr_o95fg1hNzm1v3qowuo4_100.png

"Then it's simple as that. Ilona running away would only cause more problems, so we don't allow that ever happening."

Add gave his idle comment while working to repair one of his Dynamos, and to him, it was only going to be beneficial for everybody that Ilona had to be kept somewhere secure... One less nuisance out of the way for his true plans.

tumblr_od5klbceik1v3qowuo9_100.png

"N... gh..."

Meanwhile, Elesis seemed to be barely recovering from her sudden fainting episode during the fight to reclaim their base of operations here. Not only did she regain the strength to be up and about for now, Elesis did feel a bit of her own self-will returning to her, given that Add was busy with his Dynamo repairs to even manipulate her actions again.

"Hm? I guess you're doing lots better, Sunshine. Not even that creeper is controlling your every move now. Guess he's too occupied with repair those advanced pieces of scientific trash. ... but hey, I know we both don't agree on things. Except, we surely don't like this Esper guy too much, so I got a proposal here. All your doing, I just give you the idea, that way... you feel all complete about yourself again! So here's the plan... you know that Add's a part of that scary group, right? What was their stupidly edgy name? Oh right, the Blood Institute! Just spill the beans and hand Add to these guys on a silver platter! It'll be great!"

tumblr_ochrfen5Bx1v3qowuo8_100.png

"... ex... pose...?"

"Yes... yes, that's right. Expose his ass right to them. He'll never see it coming! I mean, it's not going to be much on my end of the deal if you make your decision. Do it or not, I'm only your phantom, remember? Have fun with the decision making, you sweet summer child~"

Elesis stood there as she pondered her choices. In a way, she wanted to get back at Add for using her as his personal bodyguard, or even using her to get his way... abusing her destructive power. Yet, she knew that they were discussing other... more urgent matters regarding Ilona, and she didn't want to derail this discussion... With waiting, there was the possibility that Add would silently take control of her actions again... so she started to whisper to herself as a mantra...

tumblr_ochrkgiBzN1v3qowuo3_100.png

"... expose.... expose... expose..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Hospes @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9
@Debate​

O9lv529.png

@Debate

Ruby Rose

sxlzcK3.gif

WBJfeMo.webp

In a blink of an eye, Kido was gone from his seat. He reappeared behind Makoto. "Did you just... did you just..."

The shorter one looks up in Makoto's face, a little saddened.

"... was that a Tier-3 guilt trip? I know we're trying to not sugarcoat anything here, but... that's a little low. I get that emotions cloud your judgement and words easily. That's kind of part of my job.

Is this the part where Shizuo snaps? I'm not really good at snapping, so I need someone to do it for me."

He then looks at Ruby and attempts to pry her hands off Illona's shoulders, shaking his head.

"A little space to make the choice, Ruby," Kido says as he too steps a few centimetres from Illona. "Guess I'll give some too."

@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @The Tactician

WBJfeMo.webp

"If that's the case, Kyoko Kirigiri has earned my trust!"

tumblr_o95fg1hNzm1v3qowuo4_100.png

"Then it's simple as that. Ilona running away would only cause more problems, so we don't allow that ever happening."

Add gave his idle comment while working to repair one of his Dynamos, and to him, it was only going to be beneficial for everybody that Ilona had to be kept somewhere secure... One less nuisance out of the way for his true plans.

tumblr_od5klbceik1v3qowuo9_100.png

"N... gh..."

Meanwhile, Elesis seemed to be barely recovering from her sudden fainting episode during the fight to reclaim their base of operations here. Not only did she regain the strength to be up and about for now, Elesis did feel a bit of her own self-will returning to her, given that Add was busy with his Dynamo repairs to even manipulate her actions again.

"Hm? I guess you're doing lots better, Sunshine. Not even that creeper is controlling your every move now. Guess he's too occupied with repair those advanced pieces of scientific trash. ... but hey, I know we both don't agree on things. Except, we surely don't like this Esper guy too much, so I got a proposal here. All your doing, I just give you the idea, that way... you feel all complete about yourself again! So here's the plan... you know that Add's a part of that scary group, right? What was their stupidly edgy name? Oh right, the Blood Institute! Just spill the beans and hand Add to these guys on a silver platter! It'll be great!"

tumblr_ochrfen5Bx1v3qowuo8_100.png

"... ex... pose...?"

"Yes... yes, that's right. Expose his ass right to them. He'll never see it coming! I mean, it's not going to be much on my end of the deal if you make your decision. Do it or not, I'm only your phantom, remember? Have fun with the decision making, you sweet summer child~"

Elesis stood there as she pondered her choices. In a way, she wanted to get back at Add for using her as his personal bodyguard, or even using her to get his way... abusing her destructive power. Yet, she knew that they were discussing other... more urgent matters regarding Ilona, and she didn't want to derail this discussion... With waiting, there was the possibility that Add would silently take control of her actions again... so she started to whisper to herself as a mantra...

tumblr_ochrkgiBzN1v3qowuo3_100.png

"... expose.... expose... expose..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Hospes @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9
@Debate​

Meanwhile, Madoka would hear Elesis' whispers. It was made more noticeable by the fact that Elesis didn't really speak much.

glXTgGe.webp

"Is there anything you desire to speak of, Miss?" Madoka says, turning to her. "I know you do. Do not say 'nothing'."

@Gummi Bunnies

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Oh, an interesting question..." Lalonde regarded Stiles with a playful smile. Tugging at her scarf, she said, "I suppose I owe everyone my thoughts on that, yes... Though I do not know the specifics of Ritsuko's plans, I assume isolation is involved? That would be necessary, if all involved wish to minimize their risk, but I do not seek to take such tasks. While it is irresponsible toward my missing daughter to place my own life in danger, it is a necessity. In other words..."

Lalonde placed a hand to her hip, nodding. She looked to Ilona, who she knew was thinking of running. "I will not leave Ilona's side. I will be at risk, but it is a risk I can take. In this manner, I can observe Ilona, while being more than just a voice on a speaker. I can help reduce her stress, and isn't that a very important thing to consider? Ritsuko has no need to disagree, not as long as it's my choice. Yes, in a way, that means we shall both be isolated... but no matter. In time, after series of tests and scenarios, hopefully Ilona will be able to grasp the use of her powers."

@LuckycoolHawk9

"Hey... guys?"

A small voice could be heard from the exit of the room. Anyone who turned to look would find Leia standing there, looking perplexed. "Anyone see Owlman? We were doing a head count and he went and disappeared on us! I think... Oh!"

L3u7QL1.png

"You guys debating again? Well, I've thought about it, and I say Ilona should... I don't know! Can't we all just go clean ourselves up and relax?"

For Makoto, relaxing was out of the question. He turned around to face Kido, mouth open wide in astonishment. He reached up to wipe away his tears with his arm. "Guilt trip...? Guilt trip?" Makoto's look of awe switched suddenly to one of hurt and anger.

xn6hSlD.png

"The lost lives of multiple people reduced to a guilt trip. What are you asking of me, that we don't talk about them? That we forget about them or-- or treat them like a minor annoyance in all this? It's not about making you or anyone else feel bad. I feel bad enough for the rest of you! I-I... failed them. No one but me has to feel guilty. It's about speaking for them... speaking for the dead..."

Makoto took a dizzying step backward, faltering slightly before regaining his ground. No, he would not let his convictions waver now.

"You view my actions through a lens of mistrust and resentment. Do you wish for me to step down before my words mean anything to you? Should I say Ritsuko is evil before I myself am considered good?! Tell me!"

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

Mason grabbed hold of Ilona's folded hands. This was partially a gesture of friendship and partially caused by worry that she might shift. He thinks back to when his emotions had gone out of had and he had first experienced a shift between worlds. From memories, experience, and his sense for aura feeling Ilona's heart wanting to tear away, Mason understands how much Ilona wants to run. He whispers to her, softly, "If you want to run away for a moment, we can do it. I have enough energy to bring us back no matter where we are in the universe. It's kinda like Kido was saying about the power of friendship connected to my powers."

He heard Kido's words and continued his whispers to Ilona, "And it's like he's saying right now. You have a will of your own. If you wish to, then let us run. I'll follow your lead."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee

#Debate #FREEmasons

((EDIT: Potholed Sunrise Chapter Alpha for a reference.))​
"..."

JIrgdD9.png

O9lv529.png

@Debate

Ruby Rose

sxlzcK3.gif

"Oh, Sir Mason," Ilona began, giving his hands a gentle squeeze. "You are very kind to offer such a thing. It's a lovely thought. However, I cannot run now. Even if I chose to run, I'm afraid I would have to do it alone." She smiled sadly. "I would not drag you into this. This situation is my burden alone to bare. Even before this mess, I never took on a traveling companion. It's always been easier that way," she told him, gently removing her hands from his after a moment.

5TX21nT.png

After removing her hands from Mason's, she glared at those around her who panicked at the thought of her running away. "Just because I said this is what I would like to do does not mean I intend to do it. You asked for my opinion and I have given it. Did you not hear me earlier when I said I intended not to run from my problems? Truly the lot of you do not trust my words even a bit, do you?" Ilona let out a huff of air, hot with her frustration.

"And yes, Sir Makoto, I am well aware of the innocent lives I took with my power. You need not continue to remind me, nor continue to lie about standing by me. If you did, you would not be telling me what I should and shouldn't do. You are not sorry. Do not apologize to me. For Sun's sake, just--"

Ilona flinched, cutting herself off when she would feel Ruby's hand touch her shoulder. The girl's words stung at Ilona's heart. She wasn't even really sure how to react other than to repeat Ruby's statement. "T-Teammates." Her expression hardened, however, when she processed Ruby's words. She rolled her shoulder out of Ruby's hold, making it even easier for Kido to pry Ruby's hand away from her shoulder. While one would've guessed she might snap at Ruby, her words actually came out soft, even sad.

419LoEy.png

"I said I wasn't running."

But I'd most certainly like to run out of this room, at least.

And be left alone.

@Atomyk @Verite @york @Crow @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Yun Lee @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Minerva @Debate​

WBJfeMo.webp

In a blink of an eye, Kido was gone from his seat. He reappeared behind Makoto. "Did you just... did you just..."

The shorter one looks up in Makoto's face, a little saddened.

"... was that a Tier-3 guilt trip? I know we're trying to not sugarcoat anything here, but... that's a little low. I get that emotions cloud your judgement and words easily. That's kind of part of my job.

Is this the part where Shizuo snaps? I'm not really good at snapping, so I need someone to do it for me."

He then looks at Ruby and attempts to pry her hands off Illona's shoulders, shaking his head.

"A little space to make the choice, Ruby," Kido says as he too steps a few centimetres from Illona. "Guess I'll give some too."

@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @The Tactician

WBJfeMo.webp

"If that's the case, Kyoko Kirigiri has earned my trust!"

Meanwhile, Madoka would hear Elesis' whispers. It was made more noticeable by the fact that Elesis didn't really speak much.

glXTgGe.webp

"Is there anything you desire to speak of, Miss?" Madoka says, turning to her. "I know you do. Do not say 'nothing'."

@Gummi Bunnies
tumblr_od5klbceik1v3qowuo4_100.png

"...Add... I know something... about... Add..."

Elesis nearly croaked out with her words. She wasn't sure how to phrase this, but knowing that she had a choice on how to do this as shown to her by her phantom, she was aware that she had to act on it in some way.

"Not sure... if it'll.. prove to be useful... in our... current situation... but... Add... he's... not working... only for... the UN... but...but.."

She kept her voice low, in case Add would stop her there as she spoke the truth to Madoka.

"A... also for... the Blood... institute."

She only hoped that this wouldn't hinder their progress on the current situation..

@Crow

5pdOBjl.png

Mason stood for a moment in the typical anime pose of shock. The Kirigiri Glare was much more than Mason was prepared for. He began stuttering, "M-M-Miss Kirigiri-ri-gi-ri... Ahem. Excuse me, Miss Kirigiri. I apologize for offending you. When my powers are active, things can get a bit hectic between my heart and mind. You should know that I have a lot of respect for you. It's not that I doubt your intentions. I just have plenty of experience with what your heart says is right and what your mind says is right not quite lining up." Mason's hand retreated into his pocket for his fingers to mouse over the necklace that unlocks his powers. He debated internally over being able to use his power if things get ugly versus having a calm and collected mind in this debate.

He continued, "Please understand that I'm primarily worried for Ilona's feelings. I understand that doing so may be a tactical risk, but I believe it is a calculated one. I most certainly agree that Ilona should be free, however, I believe it's necessary to acknowledge the other possibilities before remaining locked in a single stance.

"Additionally, I'd like to say that from my view, the UN's current actions are a tame beast in respect to overstepping boundaries.That doesn't make it justifiable, but it does allow room for cooperation. Ilona is in our care, and the UN should respect that. However, by claiming her, we run the risk of hypocrisy as we try to take Ilona to protect her freedom."

75J6SYx.gif

"Being a weapon would actually make her more like us, in a way. I mean, we just tore several Umbrella soldiers to shreds. I think the fact that she has retained that humanity in spite of people's attempts to use her as a weapon is greater proof that she should be allowed freedom. She's resisted corruption while being incredibly close to a constant source of dark aura. If she can do that, she should be allowed to make decisions on her own."

Ocelot's insistence on himself not being the traitor and on not talking about the traitor only hardened his resolve. Mason decided that the time for diplomacy could end at any moment and he needed to be ready. "This may seem cliche, but that sounds a lot like what a traitor would say. Nobody here is truly above suspicion, myself included," Mason said while removing the World's Heart from his pocket. He really should stop taking that thing off, as there is a short window of time were he could be prevented from activating his powers.
"Oh, Sir Mason," Ilona began, giving his hands a gentle squeeze. "You are very kind to offer such a thing. It's a lovely thought. However, I cannot run now. Even if I chose to run, I'm afraid I would have to do it alone." She smiled sadly. "I would not drag you into this. This situation is my burden alone to bare. Even before this mess, I never took on a traveling companion. It's always been easier that way," she told him, gently removing her hands from his after a moment.

5TX21nT.png

After removing her hands from Mason's, she glared at those around her who panicked at the thought of her running away. "Just because I said this is what I would like to do does not mean I intend to do it. You asked for my opinion and I have given it. Did you not hear me earlier when I said I intended not to run from my problems? Truly the lot of you do not trust my words even a bit, do you?" Ilona let out a huff of air, hot with her frustration.

"And yes, Sir Makoto, I am well aware of the innocent lives I took with my power. You need not continue to remind me, nor continue to lie about standing by me. If you did, you would not be telling me what I should and shouldn't do. You are not sorry. Do not apologize to me. For Sun's sake, just--"

Ilona flinched, cutting herself off when she would feel Ruby's hand touch her shoulder. The girl's words stung at Ilona's heart. She wasn't even really sure how to react other than to repeat Ruby's statement. "T-Teammates." Her expression hardened, however, when she processed Ruby's words. She rolled her shoulder out of Ruby's hold, making it even easier for Kido to pry Ruby's hand away from her shoulder. While one would've guessed she might snap at Ruby, her words actually came out soft, even sad.

419LoEy.png

"I said I wasn't running."

But I'd most certainly like to run out of this room, at least.

And be left alone.

@Atomyk @Verite @york @Crow @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Yun Lee @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Minerva @Debate​

"You may not want to run, Princess, but I might have to. I don't want to leave you behind though..." Mason thinks to himself.

#Debate

@Atomyk @Verite @york @Crow @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Yun Lee @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Minerva

For Makoto, relaxing was out of the question. He turned around to face Kido, mouth open wide in astonishment. He reached up to wipe away his tears with his arm. "Guilt trip...? Guilt trip?" Makoto's look of awe switched suddenly to one of hurt and anger.

xn6hSlD.png

"The lost lives of multiple people reduced to a guilt trip. What are you asking of me, that we don't talk about them? That we forget about them or-- or treat them like a minor annoyance in all this? It's not about making you or anyone else feel bad. I feel bad enough for the rest of you! I-I... failed them. No one but me has to feel guilty. It's about speaking for them... speaking for the dead..."

Makoto took a dizzying step backward, faltering slightly before regaining his ground. No, he would not let his convictions waver now.

"You view my actions through a lens of mistrust and resentment. Do you wish for me to step down before my words mean anything to you? Should I say Ritsuko is evil before I myself am considered good?! Tell me!"

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

WBJfeMo.webp

"I do not view you with resentment or mistrust. I have no reason to resent you, neither do I have a reason to mistrust you... do I? I don't know, you're usually a pretty chill guy, just not too chill now. In fact, I actually believed that you were someone I could possibly follow.

It's a good thing to remember the fallen, it really is, but..."

Makoto appears to have a headache of sorts.

"What has been said has been said. I can contribute little. It's just that... well..."

Kido crosses his shoulders when Illona makes her decision.

"... I had one or two doubts about Ms Kirigiri, because I thought she allowed her emotions guide her. She certainly seemed more likely to do so than you, I felt. I felt wrong. I feel that... you're doing just that. Not a very healthy thing in debates. If I was on your faction, I'd probably do the same as I am doing now, because allowing your emotions to overpower your thought... you know how it is. Before you say 'would you?'.... well, don't. I understand that it is difficult to move on..."

Kido walks away, then turns his head back.

"... I cannot allow guilt to plague anyone here, as long as this debate is in session. That applies to you too, Ms Illona. Makoto Naegi, if you wish not for defeat... take my advice."

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti

Elesis nearly croaked out with her words. She wasn't sure how to phrase this, but knowing that she had a choice on how to do this as shown to her by her phantom, she was aware that she had to act on it in some way.

"Not sure... if it'll.. prove to be useful... in our... current situation... but... Add... he's... not working... only for... the UN... but...but.."

She kept her voice low, in case Add would stop her there as she spoke the truth to Madoka.

She only hoped that this wouldn't hinder their progress on the current situation..

@Crow

Fortunately for Madoka, she recorded every word in her phone, even whatever few words Elesis would say after the last ones. Should Add, by any chance, realise something was off with Elesis, Madoka would vanish from her seat like magic.

Soon, Madoka would find herself whispering some words to Lucifer.

glXTgGe.webp

"Mr Anghelscu. My suspicions of the traitor... they were correct... listen to this."

"In other words... my brother and I had suspicions, we figured we would keep to ourselves until it was confirmed, but...

when do we release the evidence?"

Passing by them, Kido would hand a pair of speakers yanked from nearby computers into Madoka's hands.

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster

d4c6961219fcdfa92b5c559156070ca3.png

"N...Nghh..."

After Umbrella had been disposed of and the group wasted no time in going back to arguing among one another, Shiki would eventually wake up after a small deal of maintenance would be performed on the group, opening his eyes in the midst of the arguing. The loud, angry voices assaulted his eardrums, and all he could do was wince slightly at the back and forths.

Completely out of the loop for the moment, it took him a while to even register his own situation, as though he really had just awoken from a deep sleep. Rubbing his head weakly with one arm, he'd look over, mildly surprised to see that he had been hanging onto Sakuya all this time.

"Ah... Sakuya-san...? What's going on? What... happened? Last I remember, we were in that Silent Earth illusion, and then, I..." He murmured, trying to remember what he was even supposed to remember, "I got everyone out... Right? My head... hurts a lot for some reason."

@Kaykay
"Yes, you got everyone out. Though it seems we've moved on from those matters, and back to those concerning the girl. Her name was...Ilona, right? Something like that." Sakuya didn't seem particularly interested in the hot debate at hand, content with leaving it completely up to Remilia. Whatever her opinion was, Sakuya would simply follow it.

"We ended up in a fight of sorts, and you did actually manage to kill one yourself, even if you don't remember it." Suddenly remembering she was still holding one of her knives, she unhurriedly put it away as she continued speaking. "Would you like some medicine? Or perhaps tea? ...I don't know where we'd find either of those here, though."

Meanwhile, Remilia threw in her two cents on the debate.

tumblr_inline_nf806dd3nx1t4ubwm.jpg

"This is boring. Let's just let Lona decide."

She didn't seem that interested in the fate of the multiverse for now.

@Verite @everyone​

Artyom watched as the groups went back and fourth, back and fourth. While he was still on Kyoko's side, he couldn't deny the fact Makoto and his people had some legitimate grievances as well, he plopped down, really wishing he had a cigarette right, or a bottle of vodka.

@Anybody

"The old woman's right." Bekka replied having been uncharacteristically quiet during the argument. "Anyone who's looking for a third option in this just want to take a moral high ground against both sides and wipe their own hands clean of everything. You know what I call those people? Cowards."

Lois was quiet but went and stand with Makoto. "This really is a delicate situation. I'd like to believe that people have chosen their sides for the right reasons...but I'm not so sure how true that is anymore." She'd look towards Ritsuko and chuckled slightly. "It sounds like you're the anti-Christ the way some people throw slurs your way."

"I like how Makoto can't be trusted because he's going with his emotions. When it's quite clear that the other side are the ones that are being emotional." Bekka replied giving Kieran especially a glare.

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Debate

• Useful
  • Love
Reactions: Josh M and Verite
Makoto rubbed a hand across his face, anger subsiding into frustration. "Now I'm a liar..."

"Hrm." Reaching up, Lalonde brushed away her bangs to fix her pink-hued eyes on both Ilona and Makoto. "Ilona, we can not ask of your opinion, only for you to tell us you have internalized this debate as an attack on your ability to reason. I feel your frustration, but let us not see those who happen to disagree with you as against you, necessarily." She sounded almost emotionless as she said this. Perhaps it was intentional, for she then turned to Kido, catching him as he was walking away.

"It is certainly an emotional response to want to protect others like Ilona." She gestured to Bekka. "I certainly imagine few here are emotionless, for such characters would certainly have been okay with notions of letting Ilona be locked away without contact or killed. Like this woman has said, I can't say I understand the point of few that... Kyoko does not follow her emotions to some degree? Certainly, Kieran..."

Kieran shot Lalonde a grumpy look, who only winked at him in response.

"I won't accept that following one's emotions are wrong... I'm sorry, but I can't even begin to believe in such ideals! Ilona and the rest of you can call me a liar, but I can... I can stand by others, even if they don't like hearing what I'm saying. I do not speak of our losses in order to make anyone, even Ilona, feel bad. It's a reminder, yes, but more than that... Something must be changed. We all must be held accountable for our actions..."

xp2Ugfp.png

"Even I... every death the Coalition faces bears down on me, I must not forget that..."

"... And what is this about a traitor, by the way?" Lalonde asked, after Makoto was finished. "I must say, I can't be sure of the identity of any individual who might have been working for Umbrella..."

@Kaykay @Nater Taters @Jeremi @york @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
Toboe had went to go get checked out, while Cheza stood by Mason, quietly listening to arguments and whatnot being thrown nack and forth.

"The old woman's right." Bekka replied having been uncharacteristically quiet during the argument. "Anyone who's looking for a third option in this just want to take a moral high ground against both sides and wipe their own hands clean of everything. You know what I call those people? Cowards."

Lois was quiet but went and stand with Makoto. "This really is a delicate situation. I'd like to believe that people have chosen their sides for the right reasons...but I'm not so sure how true that is anymore." She'd look towards Ritsuko and chuckled slightly. "It sounds like you're the anti-Christ the way some people throw slurs your way."

"I like how Makoto can't be trusted because he's going with his emotions. When it's quite clear that the other side are the ones that are being emotional." Bekka replied giving Kieran especially a glare.

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Debate

"So, they are cowards for trying to follow what they believe is the proper course of action? Though they make good points of their own, as everyone else on their sides have, them not agreeing makes them cowards and there just can't be a middle ground of sorts? Is it solely on this moral high ground you speak of? This one is just a lunar flower, yet this one is sure that with all their small faults in doing this they should not be considered cowards." Cheza asked Bekka, not as quiet as usual but almost firm.

"I mean no disrespect to your opinions, but please do not put such labels on them. This one would say the same about those on each side not throwing labels out on who is, say, the "evil" being portrayed like has been done with Ritsuko." she added, taking a breath. This was possibly the longest she's talked during this whole fiasco.

Makoto rubbed a hand across his face, anger subsiding into frustration. "Now I'm a liar..."

"Hrm." Reaching up, Lalonde brushed away her bangs to fix her pink-hued eyes on both Ilona and Makoto. "Ilona, we can not ask of your opinion, only for you to tell us you have internalized this debate as an attack on your ability to reason. I feel your frustration, but let us not see those who happen to disagree with you as against you, necessarily." She sounded almost emotionless as she said this. Perhaps it was intentional, for she then turned to Kido, catching him as he was walking away.

"It is certainly an emotional response to want to protect others like Ilona." She gestured to Bekka. "I certainly imagine few here are emotionless, for such characters would certainly have been okay with notions of letting Ilona be locked away without contact or killed. Like this woman has said, I can't say I understand the point of few that... Kyoko does not follow her emotions to some degree? Certainly, Kieran..."

Kieran shot Lalonde a grumpy look, who only winked at him in response.

"I won't accept that following one's emotions are wrong... I'm sorry, but I can't even begin to believe in such ideals! Ilona and the rest of you can call me a liar, but I can... I can stand by others, even if they don't like hearing what I'm saying. I do not speak of our losses in order to make anyone, even Ilona, feel bad. It's a reminder, yes, but more than that... Something must be changed. We all must be held accountable for our actions..."

xp2Ugfp.png

"Even I... every death the Coalition faces bears down on me, I must not forget that..."

"... And what is this about a traitor, by the way?" Lalonde asked, after Makoto was finished. "I must say, I can't be sure of the identity of any individual who might have been working for Umbrella..."

@Kaykay @Nater Taters @Jeremi @york @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

"Someone within the Coalition used Ilona to set everything in motion. There have been speculations, but nothing has really been done with everyone being told to pick sides on these debates for what to do with Ilona, which feels strange to this one with how they usually spring up after fights that have little moments for rest." Cheza did her best to explain to Lalonde.

@Mason Moretti @Verite @Atomyk @Ringmaster @Minerva @Jeremi @york @Crow @The Tactician @Anybody I missed

Status
Not open for further replies.