Status
Not open for further replies.
M8nPPA8.png

Ilona shook her head, glancing down at her body before she would answer Junko's question. "I'm afraid I haven't a scar. However, that does not mean our powers are entirely different. I'd like to believe there is someone who is at least a bit like me. I've always been alone with the powers I have. It would be nice to know that I am not..."

Feeling content with herself as she spoke to Lang and Junko quickly passed when the individuals were suddenly whipped up into a frenzy, discussing what they should do with her. Ilona's heart sunk into the depths of her stomach, her hands trembling before she tightened them into fists. With all of the voices surrounding her, she wasn't sure who to respond to or who she really agreed with. They all made good points, yet Ilona was more confused than ever.

The blonde had to admit, she was somewhat disappointed as well. A lot of these people, kind allies who she respected, just didn't seem to trust her at all. She felt betrayed, the same glum feeling that had gripped her a few days prior in the holding cells when Shiki had seemed to mistrust her as well. She had hoped more of them would be on her side. It stung knowing that they weren't.

Taking a few steps back from some of the group, shrugging her shoulders.

"Do all of you wish to know what I really want? To hear my own words? After having been locked up by Umbrella, it showed me that what I want is not to be kept as a captive away from the world or looked upon by anyone. More than ever, I simply wish to leave. The lot of you are not fond of me, and I blame nobody for that. I've caused much trouble."

"I want to run from all of you, to flee from this place and never return. I would much rather go back to my life of running from place to place, forever moving. However..."

Ilona shrugged her shoulders, a defeated gesture. "Do whatever you wish. It isn't as if I have a choice, is it? Even Lady Wynne suggests that this is not about choice. And perhaps it is best that way. I am only human. I likely make bad decisions."

Surely I do. It isn't as if anyone trusts me.

She sighed. "The lives of the many are far more important than my own anyhow. If all of you believe locking me up to be the best option, I shan't argue. Do what you must."

Running her hands together anxiously, she'd glance back up at the group and force a small smile.

SO9OYkg.gif

"Please do not make me into such a big problem. If it comes down to it, I would not even protest to being put down if you feel it would be best for the multiverse. In fact I'd... prefer it to being locked up."

Yet, somehow Ilona couldn't picture any of them being comfortable with "putting her down." She was certain any normal person would call it inhumane, but was keeping her locked up any more humane than having her life ended? Ilona honestly just wanted all of this to be over. Ever since the meetings and the explosion had happened, she felt so much pressure and stress involving this whole situation. If only she had never been born with any of these cursed powers from the start!

@Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk @Debate​
So this was Ilona, the girl they were arguing over? Damn, poor thing acted like she was some sort of monster to be shunned or locked up. Then again, Shizuo wondered how she had managed to remain so well put together. Most people would have had a nervous breakdown by now, being kidnapped "for the safety of everyone" then kidnapped by Umbrella who wanted to experiment on her and now being argued over by two rival factions. What the hell had she ever done to deserve this shit?

093.png

"... You're mature for your age, aren't ya, kid?"

Shizuo approached the girl, deciding he wouldn't stand by Kieran if he was going to act bitchy to him just because of his employment with the U.N.

"I'm Shizuo Heiwajima, and I can promise you that you have a choice in this. If you want to run away in a heartbeat, I won't stop you, and if you stay here, I'll promise you that no one will... ugh, put you down. I know what it's like to be seen as a monster, and I'll make sure whatever happens, you're treated right."

Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Divided We Stand"

Blood flowed freely as Miko's powerful and desperate attack ripped through SPECTRE's armor. So focused he had been on Weiss that Miko's attack could not be blocked. He faltered and stumbled, dropping his knife and allowing Weiss the final blow as her blade pierced his heart. With a gurgle, the man went down.

All of Umbrella was defeated.

Makoto began issuing orders for the explosives on the exit to be carefully deactivated to allow the group to move the injured back to the Medical Bay.

With the matter of the portal still at hand, Lalonde nodded at Ilona, finding herself at a sense of unease. It was easy to see that Ilona was distressed by how cautious Makoto was with her, but she did see the point to his and everyone else's caution. "As a matter of fairness, it was theorized by Umbrella that many of your powers were born of the same malevolence. Your experience with matters of teleportation, or shifting, is wonderful, though who knows how these destructive talents will manifest..."

Junko had managed to calm down slightly, though her face had reddened in embarrassment over the situation. She was a total mess, not unlike usual, and this guy was being pretty nice about it... "No, it's okay..." With a sigh, the girl handed back the jacket and instead wiped at her eyes with her arm. She didn't need to hold on to it now that the mist was going away.

ZdY5YY9.png

"I'm so tired of saying everything sucks... I just want to sit down and relax, okay...?" She grumbled softly, looking down at her feet until Ilona had approached her. She looked up at the girl, peering suspiciously at the woman wearing the pink scarf behind her. "I don't know how similar... Do you have a scar that glows green?"

Y83nIlS.png

"Junko Enoshima... I saw you during the Gravity Falls Incident. You show up at the most curious of moments... something Umbrella was desperate to make use of." She stared at Junko, who couldn't read the expression on her face. The woman's eyes were obscured behind her bangs, though she had a certain vibe about her that felt trustworthy to some degree. No, maybe that wasn't the right feeling... it felt more like warmth.

"The both of you, and one other girl, were all targeted for these unique abilities. If there's any connection between you three, it may be best for you all to spend some time together."

"Sure, whatever... I can never stick around for long." She crossed her arms, looking almost childish as she pouted. "It's like you... Ilona, right? I get carried around against my will, like I'm some fucking... puppet... the Ultimate Puppet, that's what I am! Umbrella saw that and wanted to use me as well. They knew I had no power over my own life..."

"Listen up!"

With blood staining the right side of his body, Kieran looked like a bloodthirsty warrior with an axe in hand. "I've got men and women working clean-up now that Umbrella's been routed! You guys can worry about that portal-- our real issue now is to evacuate Ilona. I'll be taking her to a secure Coalition location without United Nations influence."

zf3TrJq.png

Makoto let out a heavy sigh. "Kieran, really...? We've only just finished the battle... we're still in the process of moving our wounded!" Makoto gestured to Jude and Leia, who were just leaving now with both Jon and Iroh on stretchers.

"Then there's no time to waste. Not risking Ilona's life here, she needs security now."

"And she will have security with us," Ritsuko argued, stepping into the fray once the fighting had ended, the woman crossing her arms as she'd stand behind the shorter Makoto, "The Coalition is in no state to secure the safety of a little girl, especially not after a large-scale attack like the one these headquarters have just suffered. She'll be safer in the hands of the United Nations, and if I were you, Captain-Commander, I'd stop where I was."

Untitled-62.jpg

"Well, maybe Naegi's right. We should at least recover first if we're going to get into this debate again," Uhura commented, "We need to rest and gather our bearings again."

Others in the area, such as Ocelot and Doppo, remained somewhat silent, refraining from saying their piece for the moment, though it wasn't long until Gwen would clear her throat to say something.

Vp6YbX3.png

"Well, just sitting around isn't going to help solve the problem for us. Almost feels like you just don't want us to speak up against you, but I'm not letting you run off until we at least talk about all this."

"And who is this "us" that you're referring to, Stacy? Certainly not I. Don't be so eager to start something you'll regret," Ocelot said, a warning tone in his voice as he'd raise a finger, "The fact remains that this is simply the best course of action, and we should respect it. Ilona certainly seems to agree, so what is the argument?"

kiri007.png

Kyoko, stepping beside Kieran, would speak up when heated conversation would begin to arise again. It seemed that the Coalition could never catch a break.

"Makoto... Please listen to me. At least let us consider every factor and fact before making a judgment like this. This... This is someone's life that's in our hands. She may be prepared for what's to come for her, but... Is everyone else going to be satisfied with it all?"

"It's not just one life, it's multiple," Ritsuko would correct, "The undeniable fact that is that, unchecked and unregulated, Ilona's power is dangerous. Or have you already forgotten what she did to the base and your own members? Three dead, I feel the need to remind again. I don't know about you, but I think I can live with saving lives, and evidently, so is Ilona."

Makoto held up his hands defensively toward Kyoko. "Hold on! I'm not the one advocating we get into this right now! In fact... Kieran was the one who started the debate back in the illusion as well. I'm not..."

NoZSSqW.png

"And...?" Kieran stared at him, leaving Makoto feeling a bit awkward. He wasn't sure what to say, really. "I'm not going to leave it so Ritsuko and the UN have time to come up with some manner of whisking Ilona away. We got our medical seeing to the wounded, and anyone who needs a check-up can go."

It was then that Morrigan and Carissa arrived. They took a measured look at the destruction in the Command Center and the lone portal sitting nearby. "'Tis done," said Morrigan dryly. "The Umbrella scientists have been apprehended."

"Good. Now..." Kieran pointed a finger at Makoto. "Makoto, I'm not leaving this room until the matter is settled. Either I convince you, here and now, to see things our way, or I will convince everyone else here to defy you and Ritsuko. Either way, in the end, Ilona is going to be very far away from Ritsuko when this is over."

"..." Makoto looked away, shaking his head. "I just wish you understood..."

"May I have a word?" Lalonde said, stepping forward. She turned to give Ilona a sympathetic look before turning back to speak to Makoto and Kieran.

85kCPQW.png

"I think an important matter to consider for Ilona is stability, something the young woman has not been offered for much of her life. While she has come to master her travelling abilities, what can be said for the other abilities she has begun to exhibit? Past evidence is clear: such powerful abilities defy her will, at least until she can gain control... and perhaps a stable environment dedicated to such a task is what is best for Ilona at this time."

Lalonde looked to Ritsuko. "So, I suppose I agree with you, though I personally have a condition... I can only advocate this path if I am given a role in it. I am a scientist, you see. Allow me to assist you in training the dear girl, and I will give you my full support."

"..." Ritsuko seemed to take a moment to consider it, thinking through what the woman said. She had no idea who this woman was, but... The fact that she'd arrived with Ilona meant that she was likely the one who'd rescued her to begin with, and if the girl herself were to wish this, then Ritsuko didn't see a reason why not. "Well, I suppose--"

"No," Kieran said gruffly, looking angry for just a few moments. He stared at the woman, perhaps upset she didn't readily agree with him, but managed to hold his anger in check. "... I appreciate everything you've done, Lalonde, but even with your support, their path is not something I can agree with. You call it training, and yet..."

The woman shrugged casually in response. "It is just my sole opinion. Ilona herself is free to disagree and give her own. That is the nature of a debate... that is what you want, yes? A debate? You'll have to be willing to hear arguments that don't agree with you, Mr. Kieran.

"So we're back to this again, then?" Ritsuko sighed, rubbing the back of her neck somewhat tiredly, "Out of the frying pan and into the fire indeed. So tell me then, everyone who isn't in favor of what I and your very own Commander Naegi have decided to do about Ilona. Give me a good reason why someone with power as great and unstable as hers shouldn't be put into check and regulated. I'll be waiting," she spoke, as though challenging anyone who was against her train of thought.

Now that Umbrella had been defeated, there was only one enemy left to fight, it seemed.

Each other.

Which side will you choose? Pick your arguments wisely.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon AU)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe and Cheza (Wolf's Rain)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​

103.png

"My stance hasn't changed, and nor has anyone else, I'm guessing, and I don't see any changes in argument that can be made. Not unless Ilona makes her own choice in this."

With that said, Shizuo walked over to Kieran's side, nodding to the Coalition leader, "I know you don't want Coalition influence exactly... But I'm still siding with you."

tumblr_inline_n8iznve8021rnnzao.png

"Her choice? This isn't been about choice. Hasn't been for a while, young man. This is, sadly, about everyone else's safety. Not Ilona."

Wynne's normal calmness slightly melted before she gained control.

"I understand why some of you think the girl has a choice, I can see it your way. However, I implore you to take a look at it my way. Illona is a good person, no doubt. However, so were the people who died. Those people gain no justice or ability to rest in peace if we just let her walk away without making things right. In some places, like it or not, her act was a crime, mistake or no. We most not forget the dead. We're not asking for punishment, we're asking-- demanding-- that the multiverse can sleep soundly without fear of further incidents. Her destiny has defined her path. When one is a torch, things happen to catch on fire around them if they are not aware. This isn't fair, but that's how life is."

Wynne sighed as she took a breath.

"Fairness. Such a concept is complex in this situation. In the end, nothing about this was fair. It's about needs of many coming before the wants of one. Kieran, if we let her go and something happens, the blood is on your hands. Is it worth it?"

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Kieran crossed his arms as Shizuo joined his side. "That's great, but for me, I don't want you on my side. I don't want you on any side... Frankly, any of you from the United Nations needs to butt out. Ilona came to us... the Coalition. She was and still is a Coalition member, so it is a Coalition matter. That's the thing, Wynne. Whether or not the blood is on my hands, I want it to be my decision, not someone else's."

Z39SNdr.png

"K-Kieran!" Makoto's hands were balled into fists. He looked at the Captain-Commander with both unease and frustration apparent on his face. "Realize what you're saying... they've done so much for us... and, at this point, we have no choice but to let them dictate our actions. What do you think we're going to do when this is over? The repairs on the headquarters alone... we're... we're finished without them..."

"That's the damn problem!"

mytnz00.png

Kieran took a few angry steps toward Makoto, looking down upon him. "It shouldn't have gotten to this point! It's your fault, Makoto, for all your hand-wringing and compromises! This job is not for someone as lighthearted as you!"

"Kieran... this isn't you. It isn't like you at all. Robin speaks highly of us, so it's not like--"

"Robin's just as bad! Look what he's let happen! Ilona doesn't deserve either of you looking over her!"

@Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

Shizuo stared at the woman for a few moments, silently considering what to say in response to that.

091.png

"Right, first off, it's about both then. Ilona's choice and freedom and the safety of people right now. Lets start with agreeing about that, okay? Oh, and to make sure I don't get pissed during this..."

080.png

The bartender soon had one of his cancer sticks lit, taking a breath of it before continuing on with an apologetic shrug.

"Sorry, helps me relax after a fight, and I know this debate is going to stress me out... So, you say that it isn't punishment, right? But you're still locking her up until she meets your requirements for release? Because you believe that doing that will make things safer for everyone after an accident or mistake she made or caused?"

He cocked a brow at the woman before shrugging once again.

"Sounds like punishment to me... and for something she couldn't even control and didn't want."

094.png

"Hey, asshole, I'm just saying I agree with your side, regardless of my membership in the U.N.! Besides, at this point, we're trying to get Ritsuko back in line with the Security Council and Robin's orders. Either we don't step in and she runs amuck without anyone to bring her back in check, or we step in, help you get your way, and show her place!"

M8nPPA8.png

Ilona shook her head, glancing down at her body before she would answer Junko's question. "I'm afraid I haven't a scar. However, that does not mean our powers are entirely different. I'd like to believe there is someone who is at least a bit like me. I've always been alone with the powers I have. It would be nice to know that I am not..."

Feeling content with herself as she spoke to Lang and Junko quickly passed when the individuals were suddenly whipped up into a frenzy, discussing what they should do with her. Ilona's heart sunk into the depths of her stomach, her hands trembling before she tightened them into fists. With all of the voices surrounding her, she wasn't sure who to respond to or who she really agreed with. They all made good points, yet Ilona was more confused than ever.

The blonde had to admit, she was somewhat disappointed as well. A lot of these people, kind allies who she respected, just didn't seem to trust her at all. She felt betrayed, the same glum feeling that had gripped her a few days prior in the holding cells when Shiki had seemed to mistrust her as well. She had hoped more of them would be on her side. It stung knowing that they weren't.

"Do all of you wish to know what I really want? To hear my own words? After having been locked up by Umbrella, it showed me that what I want is not to be kept as a captive away from the world or looked upon by anyone. More than ever, I simply wish to leave. The lot of you are not fond of me, and I blame nobody for that. I've caused much trouble."

"I want to run from all of you, to flee from this place and never return. I would much rather go back to my life of running from place to place, forever moving. However..."

Ilona shrugged her shoulders, a defeated gesture. "Do whatever you wish. It isn't as if I have a choice, is it? Even Lady Wynne suggests that this is not about choice. And perhaps it is best that way. I am only human. I likely make bad decisions."

She sighed. "The lives of the many are far more important than my own anyhow. If all of you believe locking me up to be the best option, I shan't argue. Do what you must."

Running her hands together anxiously, she'd glance back up at the group and force a small smile.

SO9OYkg.gif

"Please do not make me into such a big problem. If it comes down to it, I would not even protest to being put down if you feel it would be best for the multiverse. In fact I'd... prefer it to being locked up."

Yet, somehow Ilona couldn't picture any of them being comfortable with "putting her down." She was certain any normal person would call it inhumane, but was keeping her locked up any more humane than having her life ended? Ilona honestly just wanted all of this to be over. Ever since the meetings and the explosion had happened, she felt so much pressure and stress involving this whole situation. If only she had never been born with any of these cursed powers from the start!

"Oh, geez, listen to this guy..." Kieran turned away from Makoto, eyeing Shizuo like he'd just said something ridiculous. Taking his axe and slamming it down into the wood of desk next to him, he laughed. "Putting Ritsuko back in line? And what line is she outside of? You're telling me you think Robin, who I question how he became your leader in the first place, can do anything here? Ritsuko is not acting alone, she has members of the UN in her own pocket and backing her as well. You're so hopelessly divided, that it sickens me we let you have this much control over us."

Lalonde sighed. "Well, if this loudmouth is finished his personal rant... Ilona, this is not a matter of locking you up. Obviously, the last thing I would want is for anything like Umbrella planned for you. That is why I hope my presence can ensure this path is tailored to your needs, not anyone else's. Certainly, I would never allow harm to come to you."

"Ilona, putting you down is not an option... and has never been one!" Placing a hand to his chest, Makoto tried to look Ilona in the eye. "I would die myself before I let that happen."

qHxbJYe.png

"Hey... does this mean I have to be locked up too? Again? Because... you guys tried that. Didn't work out too well..."

"Huh?" Makoto looked to Robin and Ritsuko. "What did she just say? You had this Junko Enoshima contained...?"

"Uh, yeah? Something about the SCP Foundation... that's you guys, isn't it?"

@Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate
So, they were back to this now. Lang groaned, which turned into a growl as he stood up, listening to everyone exchanging words and insults as usual.

"Oi, listen up!" He finally piped in amidst the bickering. "I know I said before, Ilona's powers are dangerous. But I also remember saying I wanted to hear what she wants. The girl isn't a criminal, and neither is she." He pointed to Junko. "The Philosophy of Detainment applies to keeping suspicious people locked up, not kids who can or can not control supernatural forces. And both of them can control powers to a degree-I saw it myself. Ilona is perfectly capable of handling herself, and it seems as if the only real issue here was seeing her friend murdered in cold blood out of nowhere."

Damn it, that pretty boy prosecutor was having an effect on him. Waiting to hear all the facts? When had any member of the Lang family done that?

"Anyway, I like the idea of Ilona getting help controlling her powers, but not from you," he told Ritsuko. "And you," Lang turned to Kieran. "You need to watch yourself. Trying to instigate even further a divide in the pack rather than try and mend it is going to do more damage than the UN ever could."

Lang stayed where he was, arms crossed. "For now, I'm not siding with either of you, because frankly, I don't agree with Ritsuko or Kieran. There's no harmony anywhere, which is why there's so much distrust and hostility everywhere."

@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Reactions: Takumi
"Oh, geez, listen to this guy..." Kieran turned away from Makoto, eyeing Shizuo like he'd just said something ridiculous. Taking his axe and slamming it down into the wood of desk next to him, he laughed. "Putting Ritsuko back in line? And what line is she outside of? You're telling me you think Robin, who I question how he became your leader in the first place, can do anything here? Ritsuko is not acting alone, she has members of the UN in her own pocket and backing her as well. You're so hopelessly divided, that it sickens me we let you have this much control over us."

Lalonde sighed. "Well, if this loudmouth is finished his personal rant... Ilona, this is not a matter of locking you up. Obviously, the last thing I would want is for anything like Umbrella planned for you. That is why I hope my presence can ensure this path is tailored to your needs, not anyone else's. Certainly, I would never allow harm to come to you."

"Ilona, putting you down is not an option... and has never been one!" Placing a hand to his chest, Makoto tried to look Ilona in the eye. "I would die myself before I let that happen."

qHxbJYe.png

"Hey... does this mean I have to be locked up too? Again? Because... you guys tried that. Didn't work out too well..."

"Huh?" Makoto looked to Robin and Ritsuko. "What did she just say? You had this Junko Enoshima contained...?"

072.png

"..."

Shizuo tilted his head at Kieran, as if he was trying to figure something out about the commander, before shaking his head.

"Right now, the Security Council is the supreme power in the U.N. and by extension, Robin is as well because he's their voice here. If he gave the word, I would clean house, starting with putting Ritsuko in a cell for overstepping her powers, then I would start with the members supporting her for going against the Council's power in this situation. Even if I had to beat the sense into them before dragging them off to a holding cell, none of them would get away with this shit."

"But with how pissed off you are, I doubt you even care. Consider this my official notice that both you and Ritsuko can fuck off and I'm going to fight for what's best for Ilona."

Shizuo stared at the woman for a few moments, silently considering what to say in response to that.

091.png

"Right, first off, it's about both then. Ilona's choice and freedom and the safety of people right now. Lets start with agreeing about that, okay? Oh, and to make sure I don't get pissed during this..."

080.png

The bartender soon had one of his cancer sticks lit, taking a breath of it before continuing on with an apologetic shrug.

"Sorry, helps me relax after a fight, and I know this debate is going to stress me out... So, you say that it isn't punishment, right? But you're still locking her up until she meets your requirements for release? Because you believe that doing that will make things safer for everyone after an accident or mistake she made or caused?"

"Sounds like punishment to me... and for something she couldn't even control and didn't want."

094.png

"Hey, asshole, I'm just saying I agree with your side, regardless of my membership in the U.N.! Besides, at this point, we're trying to get Ritsuko back in line with the Security Council and Robin's orders. Either we don't step in and she runs amuck without anyone to bring her back in check, or we step in, help you get your way, and show her place!"

"No is saying lock the girl in chains. She will have the freedom to roam in the area where we deiced to train her."

Hearing Junko's words, anger leaped from Wynne's face.

"You hypocrites! You throw stones at us as we try to keep a watch eye, yet you, if I have my information right, locked your own person up! Makers breath! You want to put Ritsusko back in line? There seems to be no line to start with!"

Cosmo watched from a far as he shook his head before turn to Makoto.
latest

"Makoto! This it for Cosmo! The U.N was a good partner to star with. However, Cosmo would suggest we cut them off till we can verify trust. We are more than willing to share with them. They don't seem as welling."

M8nPPA8.png

SO9OYkg.gif

"No one wants to kill you, child. I swear."

Wynne's kind voice echo in the room as she took to the girl's side.

"You're special. You have a powerful gift, a gift that you know is double edged. We trust you, it's the powers that scare us."

"Wynne is right. Cosmo's whole goal to start with was to prevent your death! That's why Cosmo and Makoto care so much! We don't little one to die! However, it's not safe out there. Cosmo's goal is to look out for you."

@Minerva @Atomyk @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

qHxbJYe.png

So this was Ilona, the girl they were arguing over? Damn, poor thing acted like she was some sort of monster to be shunned or locked up. Then again, Shizuo wondered how she had managed to remain so well put together. Most people would have had a nervous breakdown by now, being kidnapped "for the safety of everyone" then kidnapped by Umbrella who wanted to experiment on her and now being argued over by two rival factions. What the hell had she ever done to deserve this shit?

093.png

Shizuo approached the girl, deciding he wouldn't stand by Kieran if he was going to act bitchy to him just because of his employment with the U.N.

"I'm Shizuo Heiwajima, and I can promise you that you have a choice in this. If you want to run away in a heartbeat, I won't stop you, and if you stay here, I'll promise you that no one will... ugh, put you down. I know what it's like to be seen as a monster, and I'll make sure whatever happens, you're treated right."
"No is saying lock the girl in chains. She will have the freedom to roam in the area where we deiced to train her."

"You hypocrites! You throw stones at us as we try to keep a watch eye, yet you, if I have my information right, locked your own person up! Makers breath! You want to put Ritsusko back in line? There seems to be no line to start with!"

latest

"Makoto! This it for Cosmo! The U.N was a good partner to star with. However, Cosmo would suggest we cut them off till we can verify trust. We are more than willing to share with them. They don't seem as welling."

"You're special. You have a powerful gift, a gift that you know is double edged. We trust you, it's the powers that scare us."

"Wynne is right. Cosmo's whole goal to start with was to prevent your death! That's why Cosmo and Makoto care so much! We don't little one to die! However, it's not safe out there. Cosmo's goal is to look out for you."

c31p0sm.png

As she suspected, her suggestion of being put down didn't go over well. "I respect your wishes, Sir Makoto, but would death not be more humane than captivity? As I see it, a life where I have no choices in what I can do is no life. It is rather equivalent to death. And... then you will be assured with absolutely certainty that I will never cause problems for anyone again. It would be a permanent solution. So do not entirely write it off as a choice..."

When Shizuo would approach her, Ilona would offer him a small smile. "Sir Shizuo, I could leave this place in a heartbeat if I wanted to. The Coalition is at a rather weakened state at the moment and I have no doubt I could escape. However, running from one's problems never solves them. Eventually the Coalition, UN, or another organization would find and capture me."

She paused before adding, "It matters not whether I am treated right. This situation isn't about me. It's about my power." It is always about my power. Few ever see me for anything but that cursed power. They look and me and do not see a girl. They see an unstable force that could blow up at any moment. Whether they admit to it or not, I know the truth.

"Perhaps you do not want to kill me, but have you ever stopped to think it may be best?" Ilona questioned Wynne. "My life is little compared to the multiverse itself." The princess tightened her fists. "You don't trust me. None of you trust me. Nobody has ever trusted me! If you trusted me, you would not be afraid of me!" she exclaimed, raising her voice.

@Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Debate​

"It's not more humane! You won't be captive for life, Ilona, I swear it..."

Sighing, he then turned to Shizuo.

"Shizuo, I'm afraid you misunderstand the power structure of the United Nations. If Ritsuko had no power or sway, I... would not be agreeing with her as I am. She is not overstepping... it's a matter of, ah... bureaucracy. Ritsuko is not performing an illegal action against the UN."

6PlhscC.png

"Don't even bother, Makoto, clearly he doesn't want to hear. You want to fight, Shizuo? If you want to advocate we use our fists instead of our words, that's on you."

LZuoBvi.png

"They called me SCP-2214... I was to be contained so that they could study and protect me, but I suspect the Foundation's main purpose is to keep weirdo stuff like me from hurting the multiverse. Like, not that I minded..." The girl looked despondent. She nodded toward Ilona. "I feel similar to Ilona, I think I'm big-time trouble, so I agreed with the doctors. Anything to understand my powers, right? But they messed up... they couldn't really contain me."

Makoto rubbed at his forehead. "This SCP group, how long has it been operating?"

"See what I mean!?" Kieran roared. "We didn't even know about this! Robin and Ritsuko might as well be working together at this point!"

Lalonde let the talk wash over, taking a moment to adjust her scarf. "I see a lot of suspicion thrown Ritsuko's way, but she has agreed for me to help oversee this project. I will do what I can for Ilona. My actions on this day have been laid bare for all to see. I must right the wrongs of Umbrella."

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

j1Zom3r.png

"Kieran. Enough," Kyoko spoke firmly, crossing her arms, as though attempting to take charge from there, "I know your heart's in the right place, but right now, I need you to calm down. Getting heated like this isn't going to help your case. Or rather, our case. Beyond your feelings concerning the United Nations, I think that right now, we need to focus on the primary matter here; Ilona."

"Hmph. With all that yelling, it's hard to believe that he has... good intentions," Ocelot said, "All I've heard from him over the course of this ordeal is him going on and on about the United Nations's involvement in this. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that the Captain-Commander is using this situation as an outlet..."

"I never pegged you as the insubordinate type."

Clearing her throat, Ritsuko looked over at Junko. "In a manner, you could say that..." She nodded apprehensively, "The goal of the SCP Foundation is to Secure, Contain, and Protect. You were a risk to the well-being of others, so we had to take you in to ensure the safety of others, and then yourself, similar to the situation with Ilona. Though of course... I believe the full jurisdiction of the SCP Foundation lies within Mr. Aquilus here, who seems to not have much to say on the matter," the woman spoke, eyeing Robin for a moment, "In any case, it's what we do. We isolate those who are dangerous to others because that's the right thing to do. You people are all so focused on the containing, but always seem to forget that in doing so, we're protecting. It's what I believe is considered the right thing to do."

tumblr_inline_nts0auHbGS1sk47ji_100.jpg

Meanwhile, Uhura cleared her throat in response to Ilona's words. "Well, hopefully it wouldn't have to come to something as drastic as... "putting you down" or something. The multiverse is home to all sorts of advanced technologies, after all. With a place as big as that, never say never, y'know?"

In response to Lang and Shizuo, Ocelot almost had to sneer.

lyxqOsw.gif

"Look at you two, standing so confidently on the higher moral ground. But I'm afraid that "what is best for Ilona" is not decided by herself. Especially not when you should instead be thinking about what's for the best of everyone. Or have you forgotten the three Coalition members we'll have to bury after this mess?" Ocelot asked Shizuo first, before turning to Lang, "And you... You're simply naive if you believe we can afford to be persnickety about who can help her, as Lalonde, I'm sure, is in the same boat as Ms. Akagi in her own way. It's almost as if the unrest between the Coalition and the UN has been rising and seeding for longer than we'd realized."

"Look, I don't care about the politics of who doesn't like who, but the point is that it's not right to lock up someone who's only potentially dangerous! There's always an alternative! At least, other than whichever bozo agrees with the notion of putting Ilona down like a dog!" Gwen would exclaim through all this.

"We have a dog right there though," Uhura pointed at Cosmo.

"Oh, put a sock in it."

"It's not right to contain someone who is potentially dangerous, but then, are you saying it's right to do nothing over the deaths of three of our own? And here, I thought that I, a soldier, would be less sensitive over the deaths of comrades than you, a so-called superhero of justice, Miss Stacy."

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

Last edited:
So, they were back to this now. Lang groaned, which turned into a growl as he stood up, listening to everyone exchanging words and insults as usual.

"Oi, listen up!" He finally piped in amidst the bickering. "I know I said before, Ilona's powers are dangerous. But I also remember saying I wanted to hear what she wants. The girl isn't a criminal, and neither is she." He pointed to Junko. "The Philosophy of Detainment applies to keeping suspicious people locked up, not kids who can or can not control supernatural forces. And both of them can control powers to a degree-I saw it myself. Ilona is perfectly capable of handling herself, and it seems as if the only real issue here was seeing her friend murdered in cold blood out of nowhere."

Damn it, that pretty boy prosecutor was having an effect on him. Waiting to hear all the facts? When had any member of the Lang family done that?

"Anyway, I like the idea of Ilona getting help controlling her powers, but not from you," he told Ritsuko. "And you," Lang turned to Kieran. "You need to watch yourself. Trying to instigate even further a divide in the pack rather than try and mend it is going to do more damage than the UN ever could."

Lang stayed where he was, arms crossed. "For now, I'm not siding with either of you, because frankly, I don't agree with Ritsuko or Kieran. There's no harmony anywhere, which is why there's so much distrust and hostility everywhere."

073.png

"Same, this is becoming a way for these two to argue over control of the Coalition and the U.N.'s connection to it. Until either Ritsuko steps down and is imprisoned or Kieran gets his head out of his ass, I'm not siding with any of you except for Lang and Lalonde about doing what's right for Ilona."

latest

"How about you just shut the fuck up? I don't know this Junko kid, but if the U.N. has done something wrong by her, then I'll apologize to her. However, I've never of this SCP Foundation so I have no idea what's happened."

"As for Ritsuko, she's turning the U.N. into her personal shit by usurping power from Robin and the Security Council, commanding its units without authorization, double-dealing behind their backs and setting up Ilona's capture by moving her without telling us anything. If you want shit to go back to normal there, then you had better hope she doesn't get control over you all because fuck any chance of stopping her then."
c31p0sm.png

As she suspected, her suggestion of being put down didn't go over well. "I respect your wishes, Sir Makoto, but would death not be more humane than captivity? As I see it, a life where I have no choices in what I can do is no life. It is rather equivalent to death. And... then you will be assured with absolutely certainty that I will never cause problems for anyone again. It would be a permanent solution. So do not entirely write it off as a choice..."

When Shizuo would approach her, Ilona would offer him a small smile. "Sir Shizuo, I could leave this place in a heartbeat if I wanted to. The Coalition is at a rather weakened state at the moment and I have no doubt I could escape. However, running from one's problems never solves them. Eventually the Coalition, UN, or another organization would find and capture me."

She paused before adding, "It matters not whether I am treated right. This situation isn't about me. It's about my power." It is always about my power. Few ever see me for anything but that cursed power. They look and me and do not see a girl. They see an unstable force that could blow up at any moment. Whether they admit to it or not, I know the truth.

"Perhaps you do not want to kill me, but have you ever stopped to think it may be best?" Ilona questioned Wynne. "My life is little compared to the multiverse itself." The princess tightened her fists. "You don't trust me. None of you trust me. Nobody has ever trusted me! If you trusted me, you would not be afraid of me!" she exclaimed, raising her voice.

"Kid... I'm not afraid of you, alright? I want what's best for you, regardless of your powers."

"Shizuo, I'm afraid you misunderstand the power structure of the United Nations. If Ritsuko had no power or sway, I... would not be agreeing with her as I am. She is not overstepping... it's a matter of, ah... bureaucracy. Ritsuko is not performing an illegal action against the UN."

6PlhscC.png

"Don't even bother, Makoto, clearly he doesn't want to hear. You want to fight, Shizuo? If you want to advocate we use our fists instead of our words, that's on you."

LZuoBvi.png

"They called me SCP-2214... I was to be contained so that they could study and protect me, but I suspect the Foundation's main purpose is to keep weirdo stuff like me from hurting the multiverse. Like, not that I minded..." The girl looked despondent. She nodded toward Ilona. "I feel similar to Ilona, I think I'm big-time trouble, so I agreed with the doctors. Anything to understand my powers, right? But they messed up... they couldn't really contain me."

Makoto rubbed at his forehead. "This SCP group, how long has it been operating?"

"See what I mean!?" Kieran roared. "We didn't even know about this! Robin and Ritsuko might as well be working together at this point!"

Lalonde let the talk wash over, taking a moment to adjust her scarf. "I see a lot of suspicion thrown Ritsuko's way, but she has agreed for me to help oversee this project. I will do what I can for Ilona. My actions on this day have been laid bare for all to see. I must right the wrongs of Umbrella."

"Yeah, she fucking is, Makoto. Emergency situations cause all power to go to the Security Council and as their agent in the field, Robin is the one with that power here. Look up the guidelines, kid, because I know when and where my bosses have power like this just in case of emergencies I have to make a tough call on who to follow."

033.png

"As for you, Kieran... If you pick this fight anymore, then I'm throwing you through a fucking wall. Robin isn't working with Ritsuko, and if you honestly believe that load of horseshit, then I'm questioning your ability to lead in an intelligent manner without drooling on yourself."

042.png

"And as for you, Pigtails... I'm sorry I couldn't help you with that. Point me in the right direction though, and I'll chase those Foundation fuckers down for you and make them answer for their fuck-up."
j1Zom3r.png

"Kieran. Enough," Kyoko spoke firmly, crossing her arms, as though attempting to take charge from there, "I know your heart's in the right place, but right now, I need you to calm down. Getting heated like this isn't going to help your case. Or rather, our case. Beyond your feelings concerning the United Nations, I think that right now, we need to focus on the primary matter here; Ilona."

"Hmph. With all that yelling, it's hard to believe that he has... good intentions," Ocelot said, "All I've heard from him over the course of this ordeal is him going on and on about the United Nations's involvement in this. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that the Captain-Commander is using this situation as an outlet..."

Clearing her throat, Ritsuko looked over at Junko. "In a manner, you could say that..." She nodded apprehensively, "The goal of the SCP Foundation is to Secure, Contain, and Protect. You were a risk to the well-being of others, so we had to take you in to ensure the safety of others, and then yourself, similar to the situation with Ilona. Though of course... I believe the full jurisdiction of the SCP Foundation lies within Mr. Aquilus here, who seems to not have much to say on the matter," the woman spoke, eyeing Robin for a moment, "In any case, it's what we do. We isolate those who are dangerous to others because that's the right thing to do. You people are all so focused on the containing, but always seem to forget that in doing so, we're protecting. It's what I believe is considered the right thing to do."

Untitled-129.jpg

Meanwhile, Uhura cleared her throat in response to Ilona's words. "Well, hopefully it wouldn't have to come to something as drastic as... "putting you down" or something. The multiverse is home to all sorts of advanced technologies, after all. With a place as big as that, never say never, y'know?"

lyxqOsw.gif

"Look at you two, standing so confidently on the higher moral ground. But I'm afraid that "what is best for Ilona" is not decided by herself. Especially not when you should instead be thinking about what's for the best of everyone. Or have you forgotten the three Coalition members we'll have to bury after this mess?" Ocelot asked Shizuo first, before turning to Lang, "And you... You're simply naive if you believe we can afford to be persnickety about who can help her, as Lalonde, I'm sure, is in the same boat as Ms. Akagi in her own way. It's almost as if the unrest between the Coalition and the UN has been rising and seeding for longer than we'd realized."

"Look, I don't care about the politics of who doesn't like who, but the point is that it's not right to lock up someone who's only potentially dangerous! There's always an alternative! At least, other than whichever bozo agrees with the notion of putting Ilona down like a dog!" Gwen would exclaim through all this.

"Oh, put a sock in it."

"It's not right to contain someone who is potentially dangerous, but then, are you saying it's right to do nothing over the deaths of three of our own? And here, I thought that I, a soldier, would be less sensitive over the deaths of comrades than you, a so-called superhero of justice, Miss Stacy."

"Whatever. Just get Kieran to calm the fuck down or get rid of Ritsuko, and I might join a side. Until then, kindly fuck off, Ocelet."

2777960-uncanny_avengers_men_zone_015.jpg

"Ilona, killing yourself solves nothing. Killing you solves nothing. I might be the only one here who can fully understand the pain and shame your feeling."

Wanda's words came soft, but stern as she gently came into frame. Wanda was just as powerful as the girl, and Ilona could tell by the way the witch held herself. Still sadden by what happen to Genji and the others, aswell as still weakened from protecting everyone from Ilona's mistake, she held.

"I lost control a few times. I've killed friends, my ex husband, and races of people. The pain and shame never fully go away, but you can beat it. You will. You'll find that the people you love and your friends, if they are truly your friends, they'll forgive you. You have to forgive yourself. You're special, and not in the way you think. You can be redefined, reborn, and renewed. You have the power, the power doesn't have you. I'm willing to help you, if you want. The choice is yours."

@Minerva @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Debate

c31p0sm.png

"Look, Ilona, I'll be honest. I didn't trust you at first. I'm not all knowledgeable about paranormal powers. But I do know people. You're a mature young woman, able to handle yourself quite well. I can get why that murder startled you, and you acted like I'd expect anyone in that situation to. You just happen to have powers that add danger to situations like that."

6PlhscC.png

LZuoBvi.png

073.png

"Same, this is becoming a way for these two to argue over control of the Coalition and the U.N.'s connection to it. Until either Ritsuko steps down and is imprisoned or Kieran gets his head out of his ass, I'm not siding with any of you except for Lan and Lalonde about doing what's right for Ilona."

"How about you just shut the fuck up? I don't know this Junko kid, but if the U.N. has done something wrong by her, then I'll apologize to her. However, I've never of this SCP Foundation so I have no idea what's happened."

"As for Ritsuko, she's turning the U.N. into her personal shit by usurping power from Robin and the Security Council, commanding its units without authorization, double-dealing behind their backs and setting up Ilona's capture by moving her without telling us anything. If you want shit to go back to normal there, then you had better hope she doesn't get control over you all because fuck any chance of stopping her then."

"Kid... I'm not afraid of you, alright? I want what's best for you, regardless of your powers."

"Yeah, she fucking is, Makoto. Emergency situations cause all power to go to the Security Council and as their agent in the field, Robin is the one with that power here. Look up the guidelines, kid, because I know when and where my bosses have power like this just in case of emergencies I have to make a tough call on who to follow."

033.png

"As for you, Kieran... If you pick this fight anymore, then I'm throwing you through a fucking wall. Robin isn't working with Ritsuko, and if you honestly believe that load of horseshit, then I'm questioning your ability to lead in an intelligent manner without drooling on yourself."

042.png

"And as for you, Pigtails... I'm sorry I couldn't help you with that. Point me in the right direction though, and I'll chase those Foundation fuckers down for you and make them answer for their fuck-up."

"Whatever. Just get Kieran to calm the fuck down or get rid of Ritsuko, and I might join a side. Until then, kindly fuck off, Ocelet."
"Miss Lalonde and Mister Shizuo are really the only two I agree with here. Whatever decision is made isn't gonna be perfect. It's foolish to assume that things are black and white in this kaleidoscope of a world we live in. But my belief about the two solutions offered being more harm than good stands."
j1Zom3r.png

Untitled-129.jpg

lyxqOsw.gif

"Oh, put a sock in it."

"Yeah, three are dead. And guess what? Many more are injured. We have quite a few people in comas, others shot up rather horribly...how about them, huh? Should we pin those on Ilona, too? After all she clearly was the one to bring Umbrella here, never mind the fact that there is a traitor among us STILL AT LARGE, who killed Jill Valentine and started this whole mess. I say what's best for everyone is to hunt down that traitor rather than haggle over someone else."

@Verite @Atomyk @The Tactician @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Reactions: Takumi
Kieran crossed his arms as Shizuo joined his side. "That's great, but for me, I don't want you on my side. I don't want you on any side... Frankly, any of you from the United Nations needs to butt out. Ilona came to us... the Coalition. She was and still is a Coalition member, so it is a Coalition matter. That's the thing, Wynne. Whether or not the blood is on my hands, I want it to be my decision, not someone else's."

Z39SNdr.png

"K-Kieran!" Makoto's hands were balled into fists. He looked at the Captain-Commander with both unease and frustration apparent on his face. "Realize what you're saying... they've done so much for us... and, at this point, we have no choice but to let them dictate our actions. What do you think we're going to do when this is over? The repairs on the headquarters alone... we're... we're finished without them..."

mytnz00.png

Kieran took a few angry steps toward Makoto, looking down upon him. "It shouldn't have gotten to this point! It's your fault, Makoto, for all your hand-wringing and compromises! This job is not for someone as lighthearted as you!"

"Kieran... this isn't you. It isn't like you at all. Robin speaks highly of us, so it's not like--"

"Robin's just as bad! Look what he's let happen! Ilona doesn't deserve either of you looking over her!"

WBJfeMo.webp

"Back to square one, huh? Well, we'll need to-"

glXTgGe.webp

"Not now, brother," Madoka says, holding Kido back. "I believe some time is needed."

"No one's giving anyone time! Not them, and that means not me! Boss," Kido turns to Robin, "you need to stand up for yourself. You're being criticised here!"

@Minerva @Crow @Atomyk

"Yeah, three are dead. And guess what? Many more are injured. We have quite a few people in comas, others shot up rather horribly...how about them, huh? Should we pin those on Ilona, too? After all she clearly was the one to bring Umbrella here, never mind the fact that there is a traitor among us STILL AT LARGE, who killed Jill Valentine and started this whole mess. I say what's best for everyone is to hunt down that traitor rather than haggle over someone else."

WBJfeMo.webp

"Plus..." Kido utters, "don't we have a clown to deal with? You know, the one that prisonbreaked at the very start of the fiasco. What can he do, even?"

@Yun Lee @Josh M @Verite @Atomyk @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow

XdQJCsz.png

Ilona turned her head away from Makoto, shrugging him off for the moment. She figured her body language was enough to show him that she didn't believe him. and Ilona had nothing else to say to him for the moment. She figured he wouldn't listen to her reasoning anyhow. A couple others such as Lang and Shizuo would address her too, but she didn't reply to them. While they were trying their best to help with input, she wasn't sure if they understood her situation. In fact, a majority of the people here didn't seem to understand her.

The one Ilona would decide to address, however, was Wanda. "While you mean well, it is pointless to offer me such a thing. As many people around here have been saying, I have no choice in the matter. So the choice isn't mine at all," she replied, disheartened. "And even if I had a choice, I fear I do not know how I would respond to such an offer. Truthfully, I am not as brave as everyone believes. If I had a choice, I feel almost as if I would much rather run from this situation. My life on the road is what brings me most comfort. I'd rather return to it..."

@Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @Debate​

Continued from here.

Chapter Five
"Divided We Stand"

Blood flowed freely as Miko's powerful and desperate attack ripped through SPECTRE's armor. So focused he had been on Weiss that Miko's attack could not be blocked. He faltered and stumbled, dropping his knife and allowing Weiss the final blow as her blade pierced his heart. With a gurgle, the man went down.

All of Umbrella was defeated.

Makoto began issuing orders for the explosives on the exit to be carefully deactivated to allow the group to move the injured back to the Medical Bay.

With the matter of the portal still at hand, Lalonde nodded at Ilona, finding herself at a sense of unease. It was easy to see that Ilona was distressed by how cautious Makoto was with her, but she did see the point to his and everyone else's caution. "As a matter of fairness, it was theorized by Umbrella that many of your powers were born of the same malevolence. Your experience with matters of teleportation, or shifting, is wonderful, though who knows how these destructive talents will manifest..."

Junko had managed to calm down slightly, though her face had reddened in embarrassment over the situation. She was a total mess, not unlike usual, and this guy was being pretty nice about it... "No, it's okay..." With a sigh, the girl handed back the jacket and instead wiped at her eyes with her arm. She didn't need to hold on to it now that the mist was going away.

ZdY5YY9.png

"I'm so tired of saying everything sucks... I just want to sit down and relax, okay...?" She grumbled softly, looking down at her feet until Ilona had approached her. She looked up at the girl, peering suspiciously at the woman wearing the pink scarf behind her. "I don't know how similar... Do you have a scar that glows green?"

Y83nIlS.png

"Junko Enoshima... I saw you during the Gravity Falls Incident. You show up at the most curious of moments... something Umbrella was desperate to make use of." She stared at Junko, who couldn't read the expression on her face. The woman's eyes were obscured behind her bangs, though she had a certain vibe about her that felt trustworthy to some degree. No, maybe that wasn't the right feeling... it felt more like warmth.

"The both of you, and one other girl, were all targeted for these unique abilities. If there's any connection between you three, it may be best for you all to spend some time together."

"Sure, whatever... I can never stick around for long." She crossed her arms, looking almost childish as she pouted. "It's like you... Ilona, right? I get carried around against my will, like I'm some fucking... puppet... the Ultimate Puppet, that's what I am! Umbrella saw that and wanted to use me as well. They knew I had no power over my own life..."

"Listen up!"

With blood staining the right side of his body, Kieran looked like a bloodthirsty warrior with an axe in hand. "I've got men and women working clean-up now that Umbrella's been routed! You guys can worry about that portal-- our real issue now is to evacuate Ilona. I'll be taking her to a secure Coalition location without United Nations influence."

zf3TrJq.png

Makoto let out a heavy sigh. "Kieran, really...? We've only just finished the battle... we're still in the process of moving our wounded!" Makoto gestured to Jude and Leia, who were just leaving now with both Jon and Iroh on stretchers.

"Then there's no time to waste. Not risking Ilona's life here, she needs security now."

"And she will have security with us," Ritsuko argued, stepping into the fray once the fighting had ended, the woman crossing her arms as she'd stand behind the shorter Makoto, "The Coalition is in no state to secure the safety of a little girl, especially not after a large-scale attack like the one these headquarters have just suffered. She'll be safer in the hands of the United Nations, and if I were you, Captain-Commander, I'd stop where I was."

Untitled-62.jpg

"Well, maybe Naegi's right. We should at least recover first if we're going to get into this debate again," Uhura commented, "We need to rest and gather our bearings again."

Others in the area, such as Ocelot and Doppo, remained somewhat silent, refraining from saying their piece for the moment, though it wasn't long until Gwen would clear her throat to say something.

Vp6YbX3.png

"Well, just sitting around isn't going to help solve the problem for us. Almost feels like you just don't want us to speak up against you, but I'm not letting you run off until we at least talk about all this."

"And who is this "us" that you're referring to, Stacy? Certainly not I. Don't be so eager to start something you'll regret," Ocelot said, a warning tone in his voice as he'd raise a finger, "The fact remains that this is simply the best course of action, and we should respect it. Ilona certainly seems to agree, so what is the argument?"

kiri007.png

Kyoko, stepping beside Kieran, would speak up when heated conversation would begin to arise again. It seemed that the Coalition could never catch a break.

"Makoto... Please listen to me. At least let us consider every factor and fact before making a judgment like this. This... This is someone's life that's in our hands. She may be prepared for what's to come for her, but... Is everyone else going to be satisfied with it all?"

"It's not just one life, it's multiple," Ritsuko would correct, "The undeniable fact that is that, unchecked and unregulated, Ilona's power is dangerous. Or have you already forgotten what she did to the base and your own members? Three dead, I feel the need to remind again. I don't know about you, but I think I can live with saving lives, and evidently, so is Ilona."

Makoto held up his hands defensively toward Kyoko. "Hold on! I'm not the one advocating we get into this right now! In fact... Kieran was the one who started the debate back in the illusion as well. I'm not..."

NoZSSqW.png

"And...?" Kieran stared at him, leaving Makoto feeling a bit awkward. He wasn't sure what to say, really. "I'm not going to leave it so Ritsuko and the UN have time to come up with some manner of whisking Ilona away. We got our medical seeing to the wounded, and anyone who needs a check-up can go."

It was then that Morrigan and Carissa arrived. They took a measured look at the destruction in the Command Center and the lone portal sitting nearby. "'Tis done," said Morrigan dryly. "The Umbrella scientists have been apprehended."

"Good. Now..." Kieran pointed a finger at Makoto. "Makoto, I'm not leaving this room until the matter is settled. Either I convince you, here and now, to see things our way, or I will convince everyone else here to defy you and Ritsuko. Either way, in the end, Ilona is going to be very far away from Ritsuko when this is over."

"..." Makoto looked away, shaking his head. "I just wish you understood..."

"May I have a word?" Lalonde said, stepping forward. She turned to give Ilona a sympathetic look before turning back to speak to Makoto and Kieran.

85kCPQW.png

"I think an important matter to consider for Ilona is stability, something the young woman has not been offered for much of her life. While she has come to master her travelling abilities, what can be said for the other abilities she has begun to exhibit? Past evidence is clear: such powerful abilities defy her will, at least until she can gain control... and perhaps a stable environment dedicated to such a task is what is best for Ilona at this time."

Lalonde looked to Ritsuko. "So, I suppose I agree with you, though I personally have a condition... I can only advocate this path if I am given a role in it. I am a scientist, you see. Allow me to assist you in training the dear girl, and I will give you my full support."

"..." Ritsuko seemed to take a moment to consider it, thinking through what the woman said. She had no idea who this woman was, but... The fact that she'd arrived with Ilona meant that she was likely the one who'd rescued her to begin with, and if the girl herself were to wish this, then Ritsuko didn't see a reason why not. "Well, I suppose--"

"No," Kieran said gruffly, looking angry for just a few moments. He stared at the woman, perhaps upset she didn't readily agree with him, but managed to hold his anger in check. "... I appreciate everything you've done, Lalonde, but even with your support, their path is not something I can agree with. You call it training, and yet..."

The woman shrugged casually in response. "It is just my sole opinion. Ilona herself is free to disagree and give her own. That is the nature of a debate... that is what you want, yes? A debate? You'll have to be willing to hear arguments that don't agree with you, Mr. Kieran.

"So we're back to this again, then?" Ritsuko sighed, rubbing the back of her neck somewhat tiredly, "Out of the frying pan and into the fire indeed. So tell me then, everyone who isn't in favor of what I and your very own Commander Naegi have decided to do about Ilona. Give me a good reason why someone with power as great and unstable as hers shouldn't be put into check and regulated. I'll be waiting," she spoke, as though challenging anyone who was against her train of thought.

Now that Umbrella had been defeated, there was only one enemy left to fight, it seemed.

Each other.

Which side will you choose? Pick your arguments wisely.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon AU)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe and Cheza (Wolf's Rain)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
103.png

"My stance hasn't changed, and nor has anyone else, I'm guessing, and I don't see any changes in argument that can be made. Not unless Ilona makes her own choice in this."

With that said, Shizuo walked over to Kieran's side, nodding to the Coalition leader, "I know you don't want Coalition influence exactly... But I'm still siding with you."

tumblr_inline_n8iznve8021rnnzao.png

"Her choice? This isn't been about choice. Hasn't been for a while, young man. This is, sadly, about everyone else's safety. Not Ilona."

Wynne's normal calmness slightly melted before she gained control.

"I understand why some of you think the girl has a choice, I can see it your way. However, I implore you to take a look at it my way. Illona is a good person, no doubt. However, so were the people who died. Those people gain no justice or ability to rest in peace if we just let her walk away without making things right. In some places, like it or not, her act was a crime, mistake or no. We most not forget the dead. We're not asking for punishment, we're asking-- demanding-- that the multiverse can sleep soundly without fear of further incidents. Her destiny has defined her path. When one is a torch, things happen to catch on fire around them if they are not aware. This isn't fair, but that's how life is."

Wynne sighed as she took a breath.

"Fairness. Such a concept is complex in this situation. In the end, nothing about this was fair. It's about needs of many coming before the wants of one. Kieran, if we let her go and something happens, the blood is on your hands. Is it worth it?"

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Z39SNdr.png

mytnz00.png

091.png

080.png

094.png

M8nPPA8.png

SO9OYkg.gif

qHxbJYe.png

093.png

072.png

"..."

Shizuo tilted his head at Kieran, as if he was trying to figure something out about the commander, before shaking his head.

"Right now, the Security Council is the supreme power in the U.N. and by extension, Robin is as well because he's their voice here. If he gave the word, I would clean house, starting with putting Ritsuko in a cell for overstepping her powers, then I would start with the members supporting her for going against the Council's power in this situation. Even if I had to beat the sense into them before dragging them off to a holding cell, none of them would get away with this shit."

"But with how pissed off you are, I doubt you even care. Consider this my official notice that both you and Ritsuko can fuck off and I'm going to fight for what's best for Ilona."

latest

c31p0sm.png

6PlhscC.png

LZuoBvi.png

j1Zom3r.png

Untitled-129.jpg

lyxqOsw.gif

"Oh, put a sock in it."

073.png

"Same, this is becoming a way for these two to argue over control of the Coalition and the U.N.'s connection to it. Until either Ritsuko steps down and is imprisoned or Kieran gets his head out of his ass, I'm not siding with any of you except for Lang and Lalonde about doing what's right for Ilona."

033.png

042.png

2777960-uncanny_avengers_men_zone_015.jpg

"Ilona, killing yourself solves nothing. Killing you solves nothing. I might be the only one here who can fully understand the pain and shame your feeling."

Wanda's words came soft, but stern as she gently came into frame. Wanda was just as powerful as the girl, and Ilona could tell by the way the witch held herself. Still sadden by what happen to Genji and the others, aswell as still weakened from protecting everyone from Ilona's mistake, she held.

"I lost control a few times. I've killed friends, my ex husband, and races of people. The pain and shame never fully go away, but you can beat it. You will. You'll find that the people you love and your friends, if they are truly your friends, they'll forgive you. You have to forgive yourself. You're special, and not in the way you think. You can be redefined, reborn, and renewed. You have the power, the power doesn't have you. I'm willing to help you, if you want. The choice is yours."

@Minerva @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Debate
"Look, Ilona, I'll be honest. I didn't trust you at first. I'm not all knowledgeable about paranormal powers. But I do know people. You're a mature young woman, able to handle yourself quite well. I can get why that murder startled you, and you acted like I'd expect anyone in that situation to. You just happen to have powers that add danger to situations like that."

"Miss Lalonde and Mister Shizuo are really the only two I agree with here. Whatever decision is made isn't gonna be perfect. It's foolish to assume that things are black and white in this kaleidoscope of a world we live in. But my belief about the two solutions offered being more harm than good stands."

WBJfeMo.webp

"Back to square one, huh? Well, we'll need to-"

glXTgGe.webp

"Not now, brother," Madoka says, holding Kido back. "I believe some time is needed."

"No one's giving anyone time! Not them, and that means not me! Boss," Kido turns to Robin, "you need to stand up for yourself. You're being criticised here!"

@Minerva @Crow @Atomyk

WBJfeMo.webp

"Plus..." Kido utters, "don't we have a clown to deal with? You know, the one that prisonbreaked at the very start of the fiasco. What can he do, even?"

@Yun Lee @Josh M @Verite @Atomyk @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow

Mason was more that a little dumbstruck at the turn the conversation had taken. He had been asleep the last time the group had discussed this matter, so this situation came as a bit of surprise. Here they were, among the corpses of overpowered Umbrella operatives, discussing bureaucratic politics and whether or not to lock up Ilona. These were two things that Mason thought should be saved for an official meeting or something about that nature.

Regardless, Mason felt the compulsion to chime in on the matter.

"I know that I'm a bit new here and don't really understand a lot of the politics over the Coalition and U.N.'s power and stuff, but..." Mason fished for a continuation of his thought, "Are you all truly making this about Ilona and her situation? All I'm really hearing from everyone is either: One, 'The UN is supposed to keep people safe', two, 'The Coalition has jurisdiction', three, 'Makoto-slash-Ritsuko-slash-Robin-slash-whomever is a bitch', four, 'what the hell is SCP', or five, 'both sides are wrong'. I'm hearing an awful lot of discussion, but not a lot of conversation.

"Even hearing people say, 'Aww, Ilona, don't hurt yourself, we care about you,' sounds insincere. I'm starting to wonder if joining the Coalition was a good idea if this is how we deal with bad situations: Violence, followed by arguing. I didn't have to deal with this shit while travelling around the multiverse on my own. That sounds like a better deal right about now." Mason took a short pause with a look of shock before he continued, "I apologize for my coarse language right now. I'm getting a little worked up.

"Anyway, my point still stands that none of you seem to actually care about Ilona. Rather than search for a compromise, you all would rather yell your points and stand utterly convinced that the opposite side is vehemently against you!

"Makoto's side, Kyoko and Kieran don't want to let the force of an archdemon free, they want to set a person free, and that's still possible while keeping her monitored. Kyoko's side, Makoto and Ritsuko don't want to lock Ilona in a cage and perform experiments on her! They want her to go to a place where she can learn and grow! There's a happy medium between both sides! I don't see why we're fighting each other! ESPECIALLY when we have a much bigger enemy to fight at the moment!

"You're also not actually taking into account the nature of her powers! By bringing all of this stress upon the poor princess, you're making things worse! You're removing her choice, which means you're giving darkness a chance to grow inside her. If she learns to wield it, it's a powerful tool. It's not like you don't have OTHER members of your organization whose powers are demonic. Hell, Shiki just went into "evil alternate personality" mode ten minutes ago! That's not to mention Swords Mc-Emo-Hair, the demon mistress and her equally demonic maid, the dude literally named Lucifer, the swords-woman from hell, and Ocelot, the man who suspiciously seems to be there to bust us out of a hypothetically impossible situation. If you're looking for a threat to the multiverse, how about starting there instead of innocent and fair young ladies who you are making CRY?!"

@Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee #Debate

Mason's emotions were burning hot, the fire being stoked by the powers of his necklace, which had then started to glow brightly with Mason's aura. In an attempt to keep himself from going overboard, he removed the necklace, bringing his emotions to a quick cooldown. In doing so, he heard Ilona's voice, but only a snippet...
XdQJCsz.png

"If I had a choice, I feel almost as if I would much rather run from this situation. My life on the road is what brings me most comfort. I'd rather return to it..."

"Let me tell you from experience, Princess, life on the road is a lot more fun than bureaucracy. You make a ton of friends, you can always return to them, you can raise Cain but fix it all in the end, every day is a new adventure, and, most importantly, you learn and grow and become a lot stronger and more confident in yourself.

"Honestly, Madame Ilona, I say that you and I forget the Coalition AND the UN to go live life on the multiverse road again."

#Free Masons #Free Masons Has A New Meaning
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti

"Hey, girl."

ctbboOA.png

Junko was giving Ilona a look. The look. The kind of look someone gave someone else when they believed they suddenly understood a whole lot about them. Junko knew she and Ilona were probably very different people, but their lives shared a couple of similarities that seemed almost fateful. Junko might have not believed in such a thing before, but she could not deny that coincidences seemed to follow her. Forget being the Ultimate Fashionista, sign Junko Enoshima up as the Ultimate Fatalist.

"Running around the multiverse... maybe you enjoy it way more than I do at this point, but it kind of sucks. I mean, it really sucks. I don't move by choice... I don't choose to leave the people I've met. I doubt you did at first either, you know? But if you run, you will have to keep running. Like, I believe in a woman's choice to choose--" Junko held up a fist. "Girl power, and all, but I personally would much rather have the choice to stop at some point later on. I've met the United Nations and the Coalition at times... I've seen the shit they do. I mean, shit as in good stuff. Both groups are trying their best. Even that SCP group seemed to have the best interests of all at mind, I think..."

The girl waved her head side to side for a moment, as if in thought. "Hmm... I'm not so good at this. I guess I'm trying to say, try to find some good in each, because I'd hate for you to have to keep running. It's not fun at all. You can't even... make friends..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Debate

Last edited:

qHxbJYe.png

6PlhscC.png

LZuoBvi.png

j1Zom3r.png

Untitled-129.jpg

lyxqOsw.gif

"Oh, put a sock in it."

"Hey, girl."

ctbboOA.png

Junko was giving Ilona a look. The look. The kind of look someone gave someone else when they believed they suddenly understood a whole lot about them. Junko knew she and Ilona were probably very different people, but their lives shared a couple of similarities that seemed almost fateful. Junko might have not believed in such a thing before, but she could not deny that coincidences seemed to follow her. Forget being the Ultimate Fashionista, sign Junko Enoshima up as the Ultimate Fatalist.

"Running around the multiverse... maybe you enjoy it way more than I do at this point, but it kind of sucks. I mean, it really sucks. I don't move by choice... I don't choose to leave the people I met. I doubt you did at first either, you know? But if you run, you will have to keep running. Like, I believe in a woman's choice to choose--" Junko held up a fist. "Girl power, and all, but I personally would much rather have the choice to stop at some point later on. I've met the United Nations and the Coalition at times... I've seen the shit they do. I mean, shit as in good stuff. Both groups are trying their best. Even that SCP group seemed to have the best interests of all at mind, I think..."

The girl waved her head side to side for a moment, as if in thought. "Hmm... I'm not so good at this. I guess I'm trying to say, try to find some good in each, because I'd hate for you to have to keep running. It's not fun at all. You can't even... make friends..."

Robin shook his head. "The Foundation is... An anomaly in its own right. It's... independent for the most part, but is filed under UNCED's umbrella of power. They've operated for... God knows how long in various multiverses. Look up the Antarctic Empire and Antarctic Exchange for information on their Multiversal efforts. Their motto is 'Secure. Contain. Protect.' and they're responsible for the containment of any potential threats to the Multiverse's normality as a whole. They contain things that are out of place, abnormal or dangerous to certain universes. Sort of a counterpoint to Umbrella. They do it to understand what it is they're dealing with." He sighed. "They have morals. An ethics committee. Officially, however, they don't exist, and their goal is to enforce Directives, making sure entities don't appear in universes they shouldn't, that sort of thing." He sighed. "There's a counterpoint. An Alternative that's... not something I prefer: The Global Occult Coalition. They're from one of the same places the Foundation is, and they're more than willing to kill. Their actions can't be justified. In fact, a Foundation doctor was killed trying to defend Junko from the GOC. That doctor, whose name I'll withhold for now, as we're in a bit of a bureaucratic kerfuffle over it, allowed her to escape."

"This is turning into a Kenjiro-level incident. Have any of you ever read the Neo-Tokyo Record? That's an example of what happens when Executive Overreach meets destructive, Universal level power source. The Foundation is irrelevant right now, I still believe Ilona should go free, and Ritsuko disciplined." Robin sighed and put his hands on the bridge of his nose. "OK, I'm done now. Ritsuko was elected as a... foil of sorts to me. And... my hands are tied here. In this situation, I can only act on the word of a Security Council member. It's... an amendment to the Directives, post-Kenjiro, to limit my powers in time of emergency."

Meanwhile, Corrin ran over to Lucifer. She didn't want to concern herself with this political bullshit. "Lucifer, are you alright?" She said in a calm but worried tone.

the dude literally named Lucifer,
Corrin looked up. "He's a good man. I've worked with him before." She said calmly.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @Anybody

XdQJCsz.png

Ilona turned her head away from Makoto, shrugging him off for the moment. She figured her body language was enough to show him that she didn't believe him. and Ilona had nothing else to say to him for the moment. She figured he wouldn't listen to her reasoning anyhow. A couple others such as Lang and Shizuo would address her too, but she didn't reply to them. While they were trying their best to help with input, she wasn't sure if they understood her situation. In fact, a majority of the people here didn't seem to understand her.

The one Ilona would decide to address, however, was Wanda. "While you mean well, it is pointless to offer me such a thing. As many people around here have been saying, I have no choice in the matter. So the choice isn't mine at all," she replied, disheartened. "And even if I had a choice, I fear I do not know how I would respond to such an offer. Truthfully, I am not as brave as everyone believes. If I had a choice, I feel almost as if I would much rather run from this situation. My life on the road is what brings me most comfort. I'd rather return to it..."

Mason was more that a little dumbstruck at the turn the conversation had taken. He had been asleep the last time the group had discussed this matter, so this situation came as a bit of surprise. Here they were, among the corpses of overpowered Umbrella operatives, discussing bureaucratic politics and whether or not to lock up Ilona. These were two things that Mason thought should be saved for an official meeting or something about that nature.

"I know that I'm a bit new here and don't really understand a lot of the politics over the Coalition and U.N.'s power and stuff, but..." Mason fished for a continuation of his thought, "Are you all truly making this about Ilona and her situation? All I'm really hearing from everyone is either: One, 'The UN is supposed to keep people safe', two, 'The Coalition has jurisdiction', three, 'Makoto-slash-Ritsuko-slash-Robin-slash-whomever is a bitch', four, 'what the hell is SCP', or five, 'both sides are wrong'. I'm hearing an awful lot of discussion, but not a lot of conversation.

"Even hearing people say, 'Aww, Ilona, don't hurt yourself, we care about you,' sounds insincere. I'm starting to wonder if joining the Coalition was a good idea if this is how we deal with bad situations: Violence, followed by arguing. I didn't have to deal with this shit while travelling around the multiverse on my own. That sounds like a better deal right about now." Mason took a short pause with a look of shock before he continued, "I apologize for my coarse language right now. I'm getting a little worked up.

"Anyway, my point still stands that none of you seem to actually care about Ilona. Rather than search for a compromise, you all would rather yell your points and stand utterly convinced that the opposite side is vehemently against you!

"Makoto's side, Kyoko and Kieran don't want to let the force of an archdemon free, they want to set a person free, and that's still possible while keeping her monitored. Kyoko's side, Makoto and Ritsuko don't want to lock Ilona in a cage and perform experiments on her! They want her to go to a place where she can learn and grow! There's a happy medium between both sides! I don't see why we're fighting each other! ESPECIALLY when we have a much bigger enemy to fight at the moment!

"You're also not actually taking into account the nature of her powers! By bringing all of this stress upon the poor princess, you're making things worse! You're removing her choice, which means you're giving darkness a chance to grow inside her. If she learns to wield it, it's a powerful tool. It's not like you don't have OTHER members of your organization whose powers are demonic. Hell, Shiki just went into "evil alternate personality" mode ten minutes ago! That's not to mention Swords Mc-Emo-Hair, the demon mistress and her equally demonic maid, the dude literally named Lucifer, the swords-woman from hell, and Ocelot, the man who suspiciously seems to be there to bust us out of a hypothetically impossible situation. If you're looking for a threat to the multiverse, how about starting there instead of innocent and fair young ladies who you are making CRY?!"

Mason's emotions were burning hot, the fire being stoked by the powers of his necklace, which had then started to glow brightly with Mason's aura. In an attempt to keep himself from going overboard, he removed the necklace, bringing his emotions to a quick cooldown. In doing so, he heard Ilona's voice, but only a snippet...

"Let me tell you from experience, Princess, life on the road is a lot more fun than bureaucracy. You make a ton of friends, you can always return to them, you can raise Cain but fix it all in the end, every day is a new adventure, and, most importantly, you learn and grow and become a lot stronger and more confident in yourself.

"Honestly, Madame Ilona, I say that you and I forget the Coalition AND the UN to go live life on the multiverse road again."

"Hey, girl."

ctbboOA.png

"Running around the multiverse... maybe you enjoy it way more than I do at this point, but it kind of sucks. I mean, it really sucks. I don't move by choice... I don't choose to leave the people I met. I doubt you did at first either, you know? But if you run, you will have to keep running. Like, I believe in a woman's choice to choose--" Junko held up a fist. "Girl power, and all, but I personally would much rather have the choice to stop at some point later on. I've met the United Nations and the Coalition at times... I've seen the shit they do. I mean, shit as in good stuff. Both groups are trying their best. Even that SCP group seemed to have the best interests of all at mind, I think..."

Lang listened, actually listened, to the points brought up, before joining in once more.

"Mister Mason here brings up some very good things," Lang said. "By focusing on Ilona, we're ignoring important details that no one seems to want to talk about. The traitor probably eating popcorn as they watch this show unfold, Coco the Clown still missing from his inkwell...why do we keep ignoring the facts? Because the traitor wants us to. In fact...I think this entire squabble was planned from the start. Think about it. Someone who knew what Ilona was capable of decides to trigger her powers, then make an outcry big enough to prevent us from focusing on their existance. Ilona is not the murderer you seek, Major Ocelot, she was the murder weapon the real murderer, our traitor, used."

@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @The Tactician

The maid didn't quite understand the full extent of the boy's dual personalities. It seemed he wanted to wander about, cutting people down with his knife, yet it seemed he didn't mind passing control off back to the other Shiki, the one called Tohno. But still she didn't react whatsoever even to his invasion of her personal space, maintaining a neutral if slightly disapproving look, until he unveiled one more revelation.

"...If you know this, then surely you already know who they are, right?"

But her inquiry would be posed to no one as Nanaya went out like a light. Sakuya unfolded her arms and took the boy into something resembling a hug, resting one hand atop his black hair.

tumblr_inline_mhkqqi8wMx1r4ssbx.jpg

"You've been asleep long enough, haven't you, Shiki-san?"

@Verite
d4c6961219fcdfa92b5c559156070ca3.png

"N...Nghh..."

After Umbrella had been disposed of and the group wasted no time in going back to arguing among one another, Shiki would eventually wake up after a small deal of maintenance would be performed on the group, opening his eyes in the midst of the arguing. The loud, angry voices assaulted his eardrums, and all he could do was wince slightly at the back and forths.

Completely out of the loop for the moment, it took him a while to even register his own situation, as though he really had just awoken from a deep sleep. Rubbing his head weakly with one arm, he'd look over, mildly surprised to see that he had been hanging onto Sakuya all this time.

"Ah... Sakuya-san...? What's going on? What... happened? Last I remember, we were in that Silent Earth illusion, and then, I..." He murmured, trying to remember what he was even supposed to remember, "I got everyone out... Right? My head... hurts a lot for some reason."

@Kaykay

Robin shook his head. "The Foundation is... An anomaly in its own right. It's... independent for the most part, but is filed under UNCED's umbrella of power. They've operated for... God knows how long in various multiverses. Look up the Antarctic Empire and Antarctic Exchange for information on their Multiversal efforts. Their motto is 'Secure. Contain. Protect.' and they're responsible for the containment of any potential threats to the Multiverse's normality as a whole. They contain things that are out of place, abnormal or dangerous to certain universes. Sort of a counterpoint to Umbrella. They do it to understand what it is they're dealing with." He sighed. "They have morals. An ethics committee. Officially, however, they don't exist, and their goal is to enforce Directives, making sure entities don't appear in universes they shouldn't, that sort of thing." He sighed. "There's a counterpoint. An Alternative that's... not something I prefer: The Global Occult Coalition. They're from one of the same places the Foundation is, and they're more than willing to kill. Their actions can't be justified. In fact, a Foundation doctor was killed trying to defend Junko from the GOC. That doctor, whose name I'll withhold for now, as we're in a bit of a bureaucratic kerfuffle over it, allowed her to escape."
"I'm surprised that through two years of universe-hopping, the SCP Foundation never picked me up as some sort of time-space anomaly. I guess that they had their plate full scanning the multiverse for world-shifting, adorable, innocent girls."

@Minerva
Corrin looked up. "He's a good man. I've worked with him before." She said calmly.

"I apologize if I came off as rude, Lucifer. Corrin, if you're vouching for him, I trust your judgement. I can't say the same for everyone present, though. Besides, I sense a lot less dark aura coming from Lucifer than his companion with the dark energy sword."

@Minerva @Ringmaster
Lang listened, actually listened, to the points brought up, before joining in once more.

"Mister Mason here brings up some very good things," Lang said. "By focusing on Ilona, we're ignoring important details that no one seems to want to talk about. The traitor probably eating popcorn as they watch this show unfold, Coco the Clown still missing from his inkwell...why do we keep ignoring the facts? Because the traitor wants us to. In fact...I think this entire squabble was planned from the start. Think about it. Someone who knew what Ilona was capable of decides to trigger her powers, then make an outcry big enough to prevent us from focusing on their existance. Ilona is not the murderer you seek, Major Ocelot, she was the murder weapon the real murderer, our traitor, used."

"If your assumptions are correct, Mister Lang-Zi, then I believe that there are other assumptions we can make. Whoever organized the blast is, or is working with, the murderer of Agent Valentine, as you've discussed. Whoever left Madame Ilona as a smoking gun has great skill in manipulation, both mental and emotional. Ilona's outburst wasn't caused consciously, and whoever caused it knew that. Evidence of this is from Ilona's statements and the fact that she was willing to lock herself up. So, the culprit also has some understanding of the nature of Ilona's powers, or supernatural powers in general. With the presence of Umbrella and what they've done with us, we can also assume that they're guiding us either towards or away from a specific location. Anything else I missed, Mister Lang-Zi?"

Mason pauses to think about Lang's mannerisms and patterns of speech. "Have I been to his universe before?" Mason wonders to himself.

#Debate #FreeMasons
@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @The Tactician @Yun Lee

"Hey, girl."

ctbboOA.png

"Running around the multiverse... maybe you enjoy it way more than I do at this point, but it kind of sucks. I mean, it really sucks. I don't move by choice... I don't choose to leave the people I've met. I doubt you did at first either, you know? But if you run, you will have to keep running. Like, I believe in a woman's choice to choose--" Junko held up a fist. "Girl power, and all, but I personally would much rather have the choice to stop at some point later on. I've met the United Nations and the Coalition at times... I've seen the shit they do. I mean, shit as in good stuff. Both groups are trying their best. Even that SCP group seemed to have the best interests of all at mind, I think..."

M08XlnS.png

The words of both Mason and Junko conflicted with each other, the afterthoughts of both viewpoints conflicting in the girl's mind. Ilona placed a hand over her mouth for a moment, turning away from them both. "While I appreciate the thoughts of you both," Ilona began, softly biting her lower-lip. "Sir Mason's words resonate more to me. Miss Junko, I understand you, really I do. When I was a child, I didn't have control of my teleportation powers either. I was thrust from world to world, universe to universe, always alone and afraid. I hated it. But I was raised in it. It's all I know," she said, with a shrug, her voice shaking slightly.

"I cannot imagine anything but the life I've been living. So even now that I have control and the option to stay in one place, I choose not to. I-I like running." Ilona teared up slightly, reaching up to wipe her eyes with the back of her right hand.

But she's right about one thing... I've never been able to keep a single friend. I lose every friend I make. I'm always alone and it hurts. Although, I'd much rather be alone than in the presence of organizations such as these ones. While Miss Junko says they are trying their best, and that may be true, I feel like less than a human being when they look at me.

Ilona folded her hands and glanced to the ground, keeping her eyes away from the others. Their yelling was starting to give the princess a headache. She wanted more than anything just to run out of the room, find somewhere to hide, and curl up into a ball. "I would only ever choose staying in one place over traveling if I were to find someone or something I loved more..."

And I've never met anyone or anything like that. I don't allow myself to stay in one place long enough to grow attachments I cannot live without. Even if I were to do that, it is doubtful someone I care for would trust me. Nobody ever has.

@Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Debate​

XdQJCsz.png

WBJfeMo.webp

"I can buy it when they say that you lack choice. I want to respect your decision, Miss, but you aren't making decisions to begin with. You aren't making choices. You need to. Alright, I'll tell you a little something. Today alone, I nearly died like..."

Kido counts with his fingers.

"... probably 5 or 6. Yeah, 5 or 6 times I think, Just today. In all of these instances, I feared the sweet embrace of death, and I had every reason to. I have family..."

Kido looks at his sister, then takes a photograph out, takes a look at it, then keeps it. Maybe you would like to take a peek at it during this limited time he is taking it out?

"... I've got lots of comrades, old and new alike..."

Kido looks at Mason, Artyom, Robin, Corrin, Zen, and the others who helped him out in that wretched dreamscape caused by the Mist of Silent Earth.

"... don't try to tell me you don't. I don't know if you had any yesterday or last week, but you certainly have friends today! Mason, Ruby... uh... you get me. The only reason why I could even match those trained UMBRELLA agents in physical combat was my will to live. If I lacked that will, I would just be another head on the chopping block. You're not even going to fight for your life? You're stronger than this, Ms Illona. Nihilism is just one big meme. Lacking bravery is one thing, but lacking will is another! Come on, Ms Illona, stand up strong, and tell them that you... uh..."

WBJfeMo.webp

"... yeah! What he said! Tell them that, or something.

Well, except the Lucifer part. I have every reason to trust Father Lucifer thanks to the Rapture Incident."

Kido covers his mouth and blushes.

"I mean... uh... yeah... moving on."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Sen @Takumi @Nater Taters

@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @The Tactician
"I'm surprised that through two years of universe-hopping, the SCP Foundation never picked me up as some sort of time-space anomaly. I guess that they had their plate full scanning the multiverse for world-shifting, adorable, innocent girls."

@Minerva

"I apologize if I came off as rude, Lucifer. Corrin, if you're vouching for him, I trust your judgement. I can't say the same for everyone present, though. Besides, I sense a lot less dark aura coming from Lucifer than his companion with the dark energy sword."

@Minerva @Ringmaster

"If your assumptions are correct, Mister Lang-Zi, then I believe that there are other assumptions we can make. Whoever organized the blast is, or is working with, the murderer of Agent Valentine, as you've discussed. Whoever left Madame Ilona as a smoking gun has great skill in manipulation, both mental and emotional. Ilona's outburst wasn't caused consciously, and whoever caused it knew that. Evidence of this is from Ilona's statements and the fact that she was willing to lock herself up. So, the culprit also has some understanding of the nature of Ilona's powers, or supernatural powers in general. With the presence of Umbrella and what they've done with us, we can also assume that they're guiding us either towards or away from a specific location. Anything else I missed, Mister Lang-Zi?"

Mason pauses to think about Lang's mannerisms and patterns of speech. "Have I been to his universe before?" Mason wonders to himself.

#Debate #FreeMasons
@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @The Tactician @Yun Lee

glXTgGe.webp

"I heavily agree with Mr Lang over here. Notice how Hisoka has hardly been mentioned throughout the course of this fiasco. Our attention has been so focused on the task at hand that we have not even once brought our other dilemmas up, even though they are also incredibly important."

@Minerva

"In addition to Mason's statement. I have read up on other beings that are candidates for such. I am curious if any of them are there."

Madoka coughs.

"But... who is diverting the attention?"

@Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.