• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toboe had went to go get checked out, while Cheza stood by Mason, quietly listening to arguments and whatnot being thrown nack and forth.

"So, they are cowards for trying to follow what they believe is the proper course of action? Though they make good points of their own, as everyone else on their sides have, them not agreeing makes them cowards and there just can't be a middle ground of sorts? Is it solely on this moral high ground you speak of? This one is just a lunar flower, yet this one is sure that with all their small faults in doing this they should not be considered cowards." Cheza asked Bekka, not as quiet as usual but almost firm.

"I mean no disrespect to your opinions, but please do not put such labels on them. This one would say the same about those on each side not throwing labels out on who is, say, the "evil" being portrayed like has been done with Ritsuko." she added, taking a breath. This was possibly the longest she's talked during this whole fiasco.

"Someone within the Coalition used Ilona to set everything in motion. There have been speculations, but nothing has really been done with everyone being told to pick sides on these debates for what to do with Ilona, which feels strange to this one with how they usually spring up after fights that have little moments for rest." Cheza did her best to explain to Lalonde.

@Mason Moretti @Verite @Atomyk @Ringmaster @Minerva @Jeremi @york @Crow @The Tactician @Anybody I missed
"They are cowards in the sense that they aren't willing to commit." Bekka replied in a matter of fact tone. "The only thing I've seen from those people are judgemental looks and making light of the situation. Like we are fools to be debatting this. That's what I meant with a moral high ground. Am I being harsh? Yes, but that's only because this is a serious discussion. Peoples lives are in the balance. Worlds are in the balance. People need to start realizing that."

@Takumi

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
tumblr_inline_nl0moibHj01r3leyb.png

Train Heartnet stood on the sidelines of this argument, keeping his head down and his arms folded close. He scowled and shook his head, finally deciding to step in after a moment. He wasn't one for debating, but it wasn't as if avoiding the conversation would help it end any sooner anyhow. "I feel like right now really isn't an appropriate time to be bickering over the girl, not while we still have injured people to treat and a huge mess to clean up. Other than that, we're all tired from the battles. I can't picture any of us are at our best when it comes to thinking things over at the moment."

"...And another thing," Train added, frowning. "Like a few of you are saying, we have that traitor business floating around right now. Speaking from experience with people like that, they like to strike from the shadows--especially when others are distracted. What better time to pull something than if everyone is distracted and arguing? We should focus on trying to discover this person--or if they're even still around."

Unable to look either Lalonde or Makoto in the eyes after hearing them speak again, the princess let out a sigh. Whether Lalonde's words were true, Ilona couldn't help but feel attacked by everyone. Still, that didn't mean she had to lash out and verbally attack anyone else by raising her voice. It wasn't lady-like to behave in such a manner. While she couldn't help but feel emotional while the lot of these people were deciding her future, there was still no reason for her to treat anyone with disrespect.

B5jyTdG.png

"I apologize for calling you a liar, Sir Makoto," Ilona said, bowing her head to him. "I'm just afraid. ...if I can't master my power I'll never be allowed to leave. What if I'm taken to a place where I can never see sunlight again? I--" Ilona cut herself off. "I know this isn't about me. I'm sorry for complaining." It's just that I have never been allowed to have anything I want for my life. I wish I could be in control of my life for once. But wishing is wrong. I should be more willing to do what they would like. I-I just...

"Why is this even an argument?"

A telepathic voice would ring throughout the heads of those nearby. If anyone would look behind Ilona they would see Deoxys hovering above her, an intimidating presence to behold. When looking at Ilona, Deoxys couldn't help but be reminded of the girl as a child and the times when he had interacted with a much younger Ryan and Ilona. The alien almost felt something inside it, perhaps the trace of human emotions. But it ignored any such feelings, deleting them as it were a computer. It then spoke again to the others.

tumblr_inline_n5n8h8bGQd1sr87d4.png

"The unstable organism must be imprisoned until stability is ensured. I recommend you humans put your emotions aside for the greater good of your species and do what needs to be done. It matters not what the individual known as Ilona or any other feels about this. Any decision made but the one resulting in securing the girl will be a wrong one, a mistake made due to relying on emotional reasoning rather than intellectual reasoning."

Ilona flinched at the words of Deoxys, glancing up at it. "You would still advocate to have me locked away? Sir Deoxys, were we not friends at a time? I--" I can't help but feel so betrayed by everyone.

"If you mistake my suggestion as a personal insult, you are thinking irrationally. My suggestion is based on what is right, not based on my thoughts about you as an individual human."

Ilona quieted, glancing back at her feet.

"..."

But this is still about my life.

@Kaykay @Nater Taters @Jeremi @york @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk @Debate​

"I won't accept that following one's emotions are wrong... I'm sorry, but I can't even begin to believe in such ideals! Ilona and the rest of you can call me a liar, but I can... I can stand by others, even if they don't like hearing what I'm saying. I do not speak of our losses in order to make anyone, even Ilona, feel bad. It's a reminder, yes, but more than that... Something must be changed. We all must be held accountable for our actions..."

xp2Ugfp.png

"Even I... every death the Coalition faces bears down on me, I must not forget that..."

WBJfeMo.png

"Be wary. Should your past hold you back too hard, proceeding towards the present will be difficult. I believe you know what you're doing. It's not a matter of following one's emotions. It is only human to do so. Rather, it is a matter of whether you control them, or if they control you."

Kido coughs for a bit. He then does an odd action of tossing his phone and UN communicator from his pockets, then places them back in.

"All this mumbo jumbo speak is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I can feel this debate looping near endlessly, but it must go on, it seems. Let us proceed."

@Atomyk

"In other words... my brother and I had suspicions, we figured we would keep to ourselves until it was confirmed, but...

when do we release the evidence?"

Passing by them, Kido would hand a pair of speakers yanked from nearby computers into Madoka's hands.​
Oh thank god, a distraction.

Corrin seemed to be struggling for words to say anyway, so taking this bit with a bit of inner gratitude he turned...And immediately his mood went to somber. He'd never faced them before, save against what was most likely criminals using their name to gain power before Fallout Prime. He'd never know anyway, as he never heard from that situation again but he knew of them. That Add would be working with them.... He rose up and brushed his bullet ridden and bloodstained clothing best as he could, placed a hand to his crucifix to ensure it was secure, and nodded in satisfaction. He was as prepared as he could be now. To the Producer siblings, he said simply.

"Not just yet...At least wait, till I have a chance to talk to him."

He was tired, thirsty and the argument seemed to be going in circles. By comparison, talking to a double agent sounded like the least of the headaches so he walked over to confront Add....And spoke quite amiably as soon as he was close and sure no one was listening.

"May we speak please Mr. Add? I've some questions for you, regarding our current situation."

-------

Saber Alter tapped her fingers in thought, her gauntlet clicking a staccato rhythm on her armor as she observed the people around them. Some were for one, others were for another- Still more wanted a third path. But not a one seemed to consider so much as a compromise. And perhaps for good reason.

Politics, she sneered to herself. No one wants to back down and lose face. Or even concede their position. The one that does will appear weak and powerless, which in their places they refuse to contemplate. Its all smoke and mirrors anyway, when people think that a bit of gold smelted into a circle with cold rock actually has power of its own. When they find out that kings bleed as readily as their subjects, the magic ends and the power is forever lost. What makes it more galling as well are the ones who are pushing for it. The agents in the field, the warzone infiltrators, the analysts and the like over their....Leaders. Those who deal in paperwork and logistics.

And then there was the third faction.

The MEU. She glanced over at Morrigan if she was present, flicking her gaze up and down the magus with an expression of thoughtful consideration.
"I see... and so our enemies grow in turn. One more thing, this Ragnarok project, what exactly is that? 'Tis certainly not something my coven is privy to."

A man standing near the exit of the room, arms crossed as if he wanted little to do with the proceedings around him, gruffly spoke up.

VLSyOzm.png

"The Ragnarok project is largely a Brotherhood matter. It does not concern you, witch."

Morrigan turned to the man, smiling. "Truly a wonder why anyone questions our unwillingness to allow men into the group, isn't it, Carissa?"
There was obviously a load of friction between them at the best of times, with little-to-no respect among the rank and file with exceptions. Witches, thought Saber Alter with black humor, tended not to forget slights very well. And in a position of power like this as regarded Ilona, she wondered if it had crossed the minds of the mages to demand Ilona for themselves, considering this was likely magical in nature? Or at least, to use cunning to act as a neutral 'third party' between the UN and the Coalition as the reasonable choice.

It was clear they had no trust in one another, thanks to the scale of the emergency and why not? Their security at the heart of their stronghold was gutted, their secrets revealed and it was abundantly clear that they had been infiltrated for a long, long time. For a supposedly multiversal-expansive check on problems of that nature, they had done quite the job so far. Little wonder that people were gravitating to the only sources of familiarity and defending it so. Hmm.....

She dispelled her armor and battle dress, returning to her nuns outfit sans the habit.

Palms pressed together in mimic of what she had seen Lucifer do, she spoke.

"This seems less a matter of choice and more a matter of trust. Can we not compromise on the fact that above all else, we agree that Ilona requires protection? For herself from those who wish to use her and from herself, that her powers do not make a repeat of the incident here. I say, give her to the U.N.... But allow her personal guard as well as those who examine her, related to the Coalition and M.E.U. This way, we both enable her to be in a place where the security hasn't been infiltrated(that we know of) and place others to ensure that she is both protected, as well as soothing suspicions as to her treatment." She finished ironically. To Ilona herself, she turned her dark gaze and moved to approach the other in frank scrutiny. A beat later, she added.

"And if this sounds well in turn, perhaps they will allow you to choose whom you will to be your companions. Those who wish to contain you will get their desire. Those who care for your upbringing and treatment, will be in place to ensure it remains humane. Everyone gets what they want."

@Kaykay @Nater Taters @Jeremi @york @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk @Debate​

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Lalonde regarded Saber Alter with a nod. "That is... essentially what I have proposed, dear, though it is up to an individual's willingness to possibly put their life at risk to observe and accompany Ilona. Of course, there is also the factor that such individuals need to be vetted to ensure they don't maintain ulterior motives. As you say... a traitor is afoot. I hope my actions this day have proved loyalty to Ilona, at least."

"That's not a damn compromise," Kieran snapped. "It's the same damn thing just with a few more hands in the pot looking after Ilona. There would be restrictions on Ilona's freedom and the damn United Nations would still have a hand in it!"

"Hmm... Yes, it certainly leans more toward what Ritsuko wanted, but I believe it is still a fair compromise, nonetheless."

"The old woman is rather insistent about her side of things," said Morrigan, giving Wynne a sly look. "Why doesn't she join Ilona?"

@Josh M @Ringmaster @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate

Lalonde regarded Saber Alter with a nod. "That is... essentially what I have proposed, dear, though it is up to an individual's willingness to possibly put their life at risk to observe and accompany Ilona. Of course, there is also the factor that such individuals need to be vetted to ensure they don't maintain ulterior motives. As you say... a traitor is afoot. I hope my actions this day have proved loyalty to Ilona, at least."
Saber Alter gave a nod of acknowledgement towards Lalonde, before speaking aloud respectfully.

"Of course. Perhaps it could be an opportunity to purge our ranks for the traitor in turn? An open investigation above board at this point is surely not outside of the realm of reason? Still, I doubt Miss Ilona here will have any lack of protectors, should they wish to risk themselves." She glanced back at the little princess and said with a hint of dry humor.

"Call it a hunch."
"That's not a damn compromise," Kieran snapped. "It's the same damn thing just with a few more hands in the pot looking after Ilona. There would be restrictions on Ilona's freedom and the damn United Nations would still have a hand in it!"

"Hmm... Yes, it certainly leans more toward what Ritsuko wanted, but I believe it is still a fair compromise, nonetheless."
"Is there such a problem with the U.N. having a hand? At this point, we've seen that the Coalition isn't as secure as we expected- That and I was sure we were allies and not at war." Saber Alter added before frowning.

"If its a question of trust, wouldn't that be the point of the Coalition forces involved? To both ensure safety as well as be a safeguard on the humane treatment, if this is your argument?"
"The old woman is rather insistent about her side of things," said Morrigan, giving Wynne a sly look. "Why doesn't she join Ilona?"
She was rather curious, to be sure. What did the M.E.U. have to say on all this? Saber turned her attention towards the mages in expectant silence.

@Atomyk @Everybody

9Ay7l9J.jpg

"Tea with a pretty maid? Well, I can do that most days back home, but that does sound like a lovely time with you. Unfortunately, Sakuya-san, I'll have to pass, at least for the time being. I've got... business that I need to attend to," Shiki said, taking a breath as he'd slowly and gently push himself off Sakuya in an attempt to stand on his own two feet. The process was a bit slow, almost as though his body was still asleep and he was forcing it awake, but he'd use that time adjusting to listen in on the rest of what everyone in the room had to say concerning Ilona.

A disaster.

That's what it all was. Undoubtedly. Without any argument. This was all just a great big disaster. So many subjects and matters, grievances and problems, being brought to the surface. Politics between these multiversal organizations. Worries and suspicions of a traitor within the ranks. Personal grudges and vendettas. All of those were almost as bad as the ones who remained silent, carrying on from the sidelines without anything to say. Without doing anything to help. Or the ones who wanted to believe they were on the moral higher ground, as Bekka said, attempting to appeal to Ilona with non-solutions and empty promises. Talk of "soon" and "then," but not about the now.

Xr2d5H0.png

It was like nobody was thinking of Ilona herself. Even those who were claiming to speak on her behalf. It was practically little more than an aimless shouting competition. Shiki Tohno didn't want to come off as the presumptuous type, but other than perhaps the witch woman in red named Wanda, who didn't seem to have too much to say other than what was already said, and the faintly familiar strawberry-blonde "Fashionista" girl, it seemed like there weren't many who exactly understood Ilona.

But Shiki understood. He understood what it was like, walking around in a world practically made of cardboard as far as he was concerned. Being scared that by complete accident, he would make everything just vanish if he wasn't careful. And yet, he kept on living. He kept on living within his world because that was all he could do, for better or for worse. Unfortunately, he had too much to live for.

So he knew that he had to bestow upon Ilona the misfortune of hope. Of the desire to live.

tumblr_inline_mkxjhpr82z1riuvu5.jpg

"Oh, just shut up! All of you!" The young man exclaimed, standing defiantly before everyone in the room, hands balled into fists as he vibrated slightly in anger.

Before Shiki poured his heart out.

"There you all are, sitting on your high horses, on your higher moral grounds, on your... on your sanctimonious asses! For God's sake, we're supposed to be talking about what to do with a person's life here, not bickering over politics or... or the possible presence of some mole who we can't even see where they dug a hole to hide in! And yet, even in those topics, you're all just going back and forth, in circles, going nowhere! You're all too stubborn to yield and at least listen to what each other has to say! That's what I think! Of course, I'll bet that it's hard to listen when all that I'm hearing are non-solutions like running away or meaningless insults being thrown around like this is being used to settle personal animosities that have been brewing for ages! I mean, forgetting all about all of us and just hitting the road again by herself?! I would hardly think so with the possibility of the Umbrella people and God knows whoever else crawling about! You're all calling others the heartless ones when I don't see much that's genuine from either one of you! You... You're just a bunch of hypocrites if you think that you're unflinchingly in the right! And you all who try to equivocate around being invested in this or pussyfooting, trying to find some third option that doesn't exist, especially when the so-called third option is just one or the other option handled by different people, other than the Coalition or United Nations, like you don't trust each other without having much cause to! What is wrong with you all?!"

He took a while to catch his breath, the bespectacled boy panting tiredly as though he had just run a marathon. He was even sweating a bit, though before long he'd take notice of this and wipe his brow. No doubt he had probably ended up stepping on more than few toes with his little spiel, and part of him wouldn't be surprised if someone would just end up attacking him right on the spot. But that was how he felt, even if it wasn't completely logical for him to be that way. From his point of view, it was like the whole room was dead silent, but after a short while, one voice would clear his throat.

LDqNYZ9.png

"That was very heartfelt, Tohno. But I'm afraid I, along with perhaps others, can't take your advice to heart when you yourself are becoming too emotional," Doppo spoke, giving Shiki a hard glare through his glasses.

"I should suggest you take your own advice then, and focus on what is best for not only Ilona, but also what is in the best interests of everyone. But look at the poor girl. She's already practically falling into despair watching us go back and forth with no end in sight. You want to talk about what she wants? Look at her. She doesn't even know what she wants from the looks of it. To be contained? To run away from everything? To die? What's your end-all solution, then? Surely, if you're going to criticize us for not being able to say anything conclusive, then you must have something to contribute?" The bespectacled blonde man would inquire Shiki with a practically challenging tone, as though daring him to respond, before continuing on regardless.

"Because like I said, it's looking like she's fallen into despair. At this rate, apathy will infect her like a virus. And regardless of whichever choice wins out, she'll likely come to resent it. Resent herself. Resent us. So I ask you, what do you expect to happen in this hopeless situation?"

C7q2UpX.png

"..."

Shiki remained reticent for a moment, taking in Doppo's words. He was right. This was a tough situation for most. Hell, from how some of these people were acting, it was as though they didn't want to deal with any sort of conflict at all. Silence was the enemy of action. He knew this better than most. So that's why, perhaps the best course of action was...

"Let her. Let her be all that then."

"Wha... Excuse me?"

"Whichever path that she either chooses or what is chosen for her, let her feel whatever she might, come what may. Let her resent whoever she wants. Let her be resentful. Let her be angry. Let her curse whoever she pleases. Let her be hard. Let her be sad. But also let her be soft. Let her hope to smile again one day. Let her be wrong. Let her be right. Let her be happy. We owe her that much, don't we? After everything..."

"Y-You..." Doppo stammered, as though taken aback by a response that he'd considered bizarre compared to what everybody else had been throwing out, before letting out an almost defeated sigh, "You really are crazy, aren't you?"

JX4z8BD.png

"You don't know the half of it," Shiki could only say with a knowing smile, seeming to calm down slowly.

Though... Speaking of the devil herself, he would then turn to Ilona herself, walking over to her and giving a more gentle, yet also apologetic, look. He had plenty to say about Ilona, but it was only then that he'd realized that he had even more to say to Ilona herself. The boy took a deep breath, sheepishly scratching his head as he'd suddenly find struggle in producing a follow-up after all that he said, as though his earlier rant had all but dried up his throat, but eventually, he'd manage to find a way.

"Miss Ilona... I'm sorry. I thought I understood everything, but... I didn't know the full extent of the severity of the issue until it was too late, until you were already gone. But now... I'm glad you're safe. So first, let me apologize for everything. I should have put your situation into more consideration before. Now, it has my full attention though, I can promise you that," he spoke with true sincerity in his voice, bowing his head to her. It was a cultural custom for the Japanese boy to bow like that when apologizing, but here, in this moment, it almost felt more like he was bowing before royalty, like one would out of respect when in the presence of a queen, or rather... a princess. After a brief while, he'd look up, meeting eyes with Ilona.

"Now then... Miss Ilona, did you really mean all that from before? The talk about... wishing to either just die or run away? 'Cause, well... Ah, as we talked about before, y'know, before all this blew up in our faces, I can understand, at least a little, what it must be like for you. To be scared of the power within, power that haunts you like a curse, to feel like it's hopeless and that you're left with no choice... I've been there too. I won't presume to know every single little thing you've been through or what you even want, but... I know it's awful lonely, just traveling all by yourself. But that's it, isn't it? It's always been by yourself ever since your parents..." He trailed off, before picking himself back up again.

"You've had a hard life, haven't you?"

"You're so used to going it by yourself that... that you could hardly call this existence a life, could you? But... I want to believe that despite the different subjects all clashing together in a confusing mess, that most people here at least have similar, if not the same, intentions. A scenario where not only no one could be hurt, but also what's ideal for you as well. But ultimately, I think that it's you who has to make the choice on your own. I don't know about all this talk about... whether or not it's a matter of choice. You just let the rest of us deal with the politics and whatnot. At least then, we'd have an ending, even if inevitably, not everyone will be satisfied with it. But these feelings of bitterness, unrest... It's all a part of life."

"And so, Miss Ilona, that's why I'm daring you to live. For once, let others be with you, even when it might seem like it'd be better off otherwise, even when things are tough... Because even despite the hardships, can't people accomplish much more together than alone? More than that, instead of thinking everything can be solved if you just get put down, why don't you... keep living? Live, and make up for all that you've done. Make amends, atone for everything you've done, even if you didn't mean for any of it to happen. Lord knows you didn't ask for that power to burden you, but I didn't ask for my power either. Even so, I wanted to keep living because there were things in my life worth going on for. So I lived, despite the destructive power I wielded, despite the hand I was dealt, because that's all I could do. And even if it takes you the rest of your life, you should continue on, at least if only to find those person whom you'd deem worth living for. If not here, in this very room, then somewhere out there, there must be something. It's a big multiverse out there. Make a judgment for yourself, and see where it gets you, because the uncertainty of life is what makes us know that we're living. Who knows? Maybe you'll find it if you stick with Lalonde and the UN, or somewhere in the Coalition. It's at least a better chance than keeping on going on alone, only barely hoping that someone will find you."

"I mean... If you really want, you could even choose to go along with me, though I'd just hope that the mansion wouldn't become too crowded with women..." He added sheepishly, before clearing his throat.

4bFUDYN.png

"So tell me then, Miss Ilona... What is it that you truly want? Don't you think that, even after everything... You have the right to be happy? That you're entitled to staying with others? What is it that you really want?"

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Jeremi @Josh M @Debate

9Ay7l9J.jpg

"Tea with a pretty maid? Well, I can do that most days back home, but that does sound like a lovely time with you. Unfortunately, Sakuya-san, I'll have to pass, at least for the time being. I've got... business that I need to attend to," Shiki said, taking a breath as he'd slowly and gently push himself off Sakuya in an attempt to stand on his own two feet. The process was a bit slow, almost as though his body was still asleep and he was forcing it awake, but he'd use that time adjusting to listen in on the rest of what everyone in the room had to say concerning Ilona.

A disaster.

That's what it all was. Undoubtedly. Without any argument. This was all just a great big disaster. So many subjects and matters, grievances and problems, being brought to the surface. Politics between these multiversal organizations. Worries and suspicions of a traitor within the ranks. Personal grudges and vendettas. All of those were almost as bad as the ones who remained silent, carrying on from the sidelines without anything to say. Without doing anything to help. Or the ones who wanted to believe they were on the moral higher ground, as Bekka said, attempting to appeal to Ilona with non-solutions and empty promises. Talk of "soon" and "then," but not about the now.

Xr2d5H0.png

It was like nobody was thinking of Ilona herself. Even those who were claiming to speak on her behalf. It was practically little more than an aimless shouting competition. Shiki Tohno didn't want to come off as the presumptuous type, but other than perhaps the witch woman in red named Wanda, who didn't seem to have too much to say other than what was already said, and the faintly familiar strawberry-blonde "Fashionista" girl, it seemed like there weren't many who exactly understood Ilona.

But Shiki understood. He understood what it was like, walking around in a world practically made of cardboard as far as he was concerned. Being scared that by complete accident, he would make everything just vanish if he wasn't careful. And yet, he kept on living. He kept on living within his world because that was all he could do, for better or for worse. Unfortunately, he had too much to live for.

So he knew that he had to bestow upon Ilona the misfortune of hope. Of the desire to live.

tumblr_inline_mkxjhpr82z1riuvu5.jpg

"Oh, just shut up! All of you!" The young man exclaimed, standing defiantly before everyone in the room, hands balled into fists as he vibrated slightly in anger.

Before Shiki poured his heart out.

"There you all are, sitting on your high horses, on your higher moral grounds, on your... on your sanctimonious asses! For God's sake, we're supposed to be talking about what to do with a person's life here, not bickering over politics or... or the possible presence of some mole who we can't even see where they dug a hole to hide in! And yet, even in those topics, you're all just going back and forth, in circles, going nowhere! You're all too stubborn to yield and at least listen to what each other has to say! That's what I think! Of course, I'll bet that it's hard to listen when all that I'm hearing are non-solutions like running away or meaningless insults being thrown around like this is being used to settle personal animosities that have been brewing for ages! I mean, forgetting all about all of us and just hitting the road again by herself?! I would hardly think so with the possibility of the Umbrella people and God knows whoever else crawling about! You're all calling others the heartless ones when I don't see much that's genuine from either one of you! You... You're just a bunch of hypocrites if you think that you're unflinchingly in the right! And you all who try to equivocate around being invested in this or pussyfooting, trying to find some third option that doesn't exist, especially when the so-called third option is just one or the other option handled by different people, other than the Coalition or United Nations, like you don't trust each other without having much cause to! What is wrong with you all?!"

He took a while to catch his breath, the bespectacled boy panting tiredly as though he had just run a marathon. He was even sweating a bit, though before long he'd take notice of this and wipe his brow. No doubt he had probably ended up stepping on more than few toes with his little spiel, and part of him wouldn't be surprised if someone would just end up attacking him right on the spot. But that was how he felt, even if it wasn't completely logical for him to be that way. From his point of view, it was like the whole room was dead silent, but after a short while, one voice would clear his throat.

LDqNYZ9.png

"That was very heartfelt, Tohno. But I'm afraid I, along with perhaps others, can't take your advice to heart when you yourself are becoming too emotional," Doppo spoke, giving Shiki a hard glare through his glasses.

"I should suggest you take your own advice then, and focus on what is best for not only Ilona, but also what is in the best interests of everyone. But look at the poor girl. She's already practically falling into despair watching us go back and forth with no end in sight. You want to talk about what she wants? Look at her. She doesn't even know what she wants from the looks of it. To be contained? To run away from everything? To die? What's your end-all solution, then? Surely, if you're going to criticize us for not being able to say anything conclusive, then you must have something to contribute?" The bespectacled blonde man would inquire Shiki with a practically challenging tone, as though daring him to respond, before continuing on regardless.

"Because like I said, it's looking like she's fallen into despair. At this rate, apathy will infect her like a virus. And regardless of whichever choice wins out, she'll likely come to resent it. Resent herself. Resent us. So I ask you, what do you expect to happen in this hopeless situation?"

C7q2UpX.png

"..."

Shiki remained reticent for a moment, taking in Doppo's words. He was right. This was a tough situation for most. Hell, from how some of these people were acting, it was as though they didn't want to deal with any sort of conflict at all. Silence was the enemy of action. He knew this better than most. So that's why, perhaps the best course of action was...

"Let her. Let her be all that then."

"Wha... Excuse me?"

"Whichever path that she either chooses or what is chosen for her, let her feel whatever she might, come what may. Let her resent whoever she wants. Let her be resentful. Let her be angry. Let her curse whoever she pleases. Let her be hard. Let her be sad. But also let her be soft. Let her hope to smile again one day. Let her be wrong. Let her be right. Let her be happy. We owe her that much, don't we? After everything..."

"Y-You..." Doppo stammered, as though taken aback by a response that he'd considered bizarre compared to what everybody else had been throwing out, before letting out an almost defeated sigh, "You really are crazy, aren't you?"

JX4z8BD.png

"You don't know the half of it," Shiki could only say with a knowing smile, seeming to calm down slowly.

Though... Speaking of the devil herself, he would then turn to Ilona herself, walking over to her and giving a more gentle, yet also apologetic, look. He had plenty to say about Ilona, but it was only then that he'd realized that he had even more to say to Ilona herself. The boy took a deep breath, sheepishly scratching his head as he'd suddenly find struggle in producing a follow-up after all that he said, as though his earlier rant had all but dried up his throat, but eventually, he'd manage to find a way.

"Miss Ilona... I'm sorry. I thought I understood everything, but... I didn't know the full extent of the severity of the issue until it was too late, until you were already gone. But now... I'm glad you're safe. So first, let me apologize for everything. I should have put your situation into more consideration before. Now, it has my full attention though, I can promise you that," he spoke with true sincerity in his voice, bowing his head to her. It was a cultural custom for the Japanese boy to bow like that when apologizing, but here, in this moment, it almost felt more like he was bowing before royalty, like one would out of respect when in the presence of a queen, or rather... a princess. After a brief while, he'd look up, meeting eyes with Ilona.

"Now then... Miss Ilona, did you really mean all that from before? The talk about... wishing to either just die or run away? 'Cause, well... Ah, as we talked about before, y'know, before all this blew up in our faces, I can understand, at least a little, what it must be like for you. To be scared of the power within, power that haunts you like a curse, to feel like it's hopeless and that you're left with no choice... I've been there too. I won't presume to know every single little thing you've been through or what you even want, but... I know it's awful lonely, just traveling all by yourself. But that's it, isn't it? It's always been by yourself ever since your parents..." He trailed off, before picking himself back up again.

"You're so used to going it by yourself that... that you could hardly call this existence a life, could you? But... I want to believe that despite the different subjects all clashing together in a confusing mess, that most people here at least have similar, if not the same, intentions. A scenario where not only no one could be hurt, but also what's ideal for you as well. But ultimately, I think that it's you who has to make the choice on your own. I don't know about all this talk about... whether or not it's a matter of choice. You just let the rest of us deal with the politics and whatnot. At least then, we'd have an ending, even if inevitably, not everyone will be satisfied with it. But these feelings of bitterness, unrest... It's all a part of life."

"And so, Miss Ilona, that's why I'm daring you to live. For once, let others be with you, even when it might seem like it'd be better off otherwise, even when things are tough... Because even despite the hardships, can't people accomplish much more together than alone? More than that, instead of thinking everything can be solved if you just get put down, why don't you... keep living? Live, and make up for all that you've done. Make amends, atone for everything you've done, even if you didn't mean for any of it to happen. Lord knows you didn't ask for that power to burden you, but I didn't ask for my power either. Even so, I wanted to keep living because there were things in my life worth going on for. So I lived, despite the destructive power I wielded, despite the hand I was dealt, because that's all I could do. And even if it takes you the rest of your life, you should continue on, at least if only to find those person whom you'd deem worth living for. If not here, in this very room, then somewhere out there, there must be something. It's a big multiverse out there. Make a judgment for yourself, and see where it gets you, because the uncertainty of life is what makes us know that we're living. Who knows? Maybe you'll find it if you stick with Lalonde and the UN, or somewhere in the Coalition. It's at least a better chance than keeping on going on alone, only barely hoping that someone will find you."

"I mean... If you really want, you could even choose to go along with me, though I'd just hope that the mansion wouldn't become too crowded with women..." He added sheepishly, before clearing his throat.

4bFUDYN.png

"So tell me then, Miss Ilona... What is it that you truly want? Don't you think that, even after everything... You have the right to be happy? That you're entitled to staying with others? What is it that you really want?"

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Jeremi @Josh M @Debate

Mason stands beside Shiki and adresses the general group. He holds Cheza's hand and pulls her by his side. He says, "Shiki's right. He's a smart man and I believe in what he says. He's definitely changing my view on the issue right now.

"Miss Kirigiri, Mister Naegi, I don't want either of you to feel like I'm betraying you, but a decision has to be made. My decision is to follow Ilona. Whatever her decision is, wherever she wishes to lead her life, I'll follow. If she chooses containment, that's what I'll choose. If she chooses freedom, I'll do the same.

"Cheza... Robin... Friends. I hope you'd all do the same."

#Debate
@Verite @Atomyk @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva

Last edited by a moderator:
"Jeez, you people are all over the place..." Leia mumbled, before speaking up so others could hear her "... When she was upset and wanted to be contained, it was like, hmm..." Leia tapped at her chin. "That's right, everyone thought she wasn't capable of making such a big decision! So now it only matters because she had a change of heart... Ilona, your decision matters, as long as it's not, you know, running away! Or... killing yourself. Or even letting other decide!"

wC2WKWd.png

"You all talk big but you seem kind of fake. Shiki's not really a Coalition member, anyway... practically a stranger to the rest of us."

"U-Uhh, Leia..." Makoto rubbed at the back of his neck, giving the girl a quizzical look. "I don't think that's really helping--"

"And you are, Makoto? Don't act like anyone cares about what you have to say either... Yeah, you know..." Taking off her cap, Leia tossed it into the air over and over again, catching it in other hand.

TDuNmTS.png

"Sometimes I wonder what the Coalition is even good for. They're their own worst enemy."

@Debate

kv5l6AG.png

"Jeez, this Robin guy's been looking at me for a while now..." Junko groaned inwardly, wondering why anyone gave a crap about what she had to say. Usually, it didn't really matter what Junko thought, for moments in her life were rather fleeting and meaningless when put up against the big picture. She waved a hand toward the man, feeling kind of incensed after both Shiki and Leia going off like they did.

"Hey, dude... do you want me to, like, combat what you said earlier? Agree with it? I'm no Ultimate Debater, that was always... Makoto and Kyoko, you know? I guess it's noble the Foundation protected me, but telling me there is a worse group out there is kind of meaningless, don't you think? I know all about shitty groups, dude! You still have a group that contains people, and yet you're against containing Ilona, who I'm starting to think is a whole lot like me! You're, like, so wishy washy, it's kind of weird..."

Shaking her head, Junko looked squarely at Robin. "If a monster popped out of this portal I made right now, what would you do? What if it killed people here? Man, that would suck! You gonna take me back to the Foundation? What makes Ilona better than me, that these conditions don't apply to her!? I'm starting to think the only people with level heads here are the women!"

@Minerva @Debate

Last edited:

Corrin seemed to be struggling for words to say anyway, so taking this bit with a bit of inner gratitude he turned...And immediately his mood went to somber. He'd never faced them before, save against what was most likely criminals using their name to gain power before Fallout Prime. He'd never know anyway, as he never heard from that situation again but he knew of them. That Add would be working with them.... He rose up and brushed his bullet ridden and bloodstained clothing best as he could, placed a hand to his crucifix to ensure it was secure, and nodded in satisfaction. He was as prepared as he could be now. To the Producer siblings, he said simply.

He was tired, thirsty and the argument seemed to be going in circles. By comparison, talking to a double agent sounded like the least of the headaches so he walked over to confront Add....And spoke quite amiably as soon as he was close and sure no one was listening.

"May we speak please Mr. Add? I've some questions for you, regarding our current situation."
tumblr_nwqto2tgzm1u3z5n7o1_100.png

"Hm? Ah well, I suppose a quick chat will suffice. With this discussion going on and that I finished up repairing my Dynamos, I couldn't think of any way more to pass the time."

Standing up from where he had stationed himself to finish up these Dynamo repairs, the esper gave a curious glance over at Lucifer. Certainly it was strange that he was being asked out of all people for something related to this debate, which was the case that Add was guessing it to be. Surely it'll be better than dealing with a seemingly endless debate on matters that he personally didn't care about.

tumblr_o8306oevsX1v3qowuo4_100.png

"Speaking of which, what exactly do you have in mind for me to answer? If it's going to be another iteration of what majority of people are debating about, then you'll only get one response from me about that matter."

@Ringmaster

"Hm? Ah well, I suppose a quick chat will suffice. With this discussion going on and that I finished up repairing my Dynamos, I couldn't think of any way more to pass the time."

Standing up from where he had stationed himself to finish up these Dynamo repairs, the esper gave a curious glance over at Lucifer. Certainly it was strange that he was being asked out of all people for something related to this debate, which was the case that Add was guessing it to be. Surely it'll be better than dealing with a seemingly endless debate on matters that he personally didn't care about.

"Speaking of which, what exactly do you have in mind for me to answer? If it's going to be another iteration of what majority of people are debating about, then you'll only get one response from me about that matter."
"Well its a good thing I'm not asking about that then. Walk with me."

Leading Add away from the group, heading for the medical center he waited a bit till he was sure no one was listening in before speaking.

"What stake does the Blood Institute have in the current events, or are you merely their spy?"

@Gummi Bunnies

"Hey... guys?"

A small voice could be heard from the exit of the room. Anyone who turned to look would find Leia standing there, looking perplexed. "Anyone see Owlman? We were doing a head count and he went and disappeared on us! I think... Oh!"

L3u7QL1.png

"You guys debating again? Well, I've thought about it, and I say Ilona should... I don't know! Can't we all just go clean ourselves up and relax?"

For Makoto, relaxing was out of the question. He turned around to face Kido, mouth open wide in astonishment. He reached up to wipe away his tears with his arm. "Guilt trip...? Guilt trip?" Makoto's look of awe switched suddenly to one of hurt and anger.

xn6hSlD.png

"The lost lives of multiple people reduced to a guilt trip. What are you asking of me, that we don't talk about them? That we forget about them or-- or treat them like a minor annoyance in all this? It's not about making you or anyone else feel bad. I feel bad enough for the rest of you! I-I... failed them. No one but me has to feel guilty. It's about speaking for them... speaking for the dead..."

Makoto took a dizzying step backward, faltering slightly before regaining his ground. No, he would not let his convictions waver now.

"You view my actions through a lens of mistrust and resentment. Do you wish for me to step down before my words mean anything to you? Should I say Ritsuko is evil before I myself am considered good?! Tell me!"

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate
"Oh, Sir Mason," Ilona began, giving his hands a gentle squeeze. "You are very kind to offer such a thing. It's a lovely thought. However, I cannot run now. Even if I chose to run, I'm afraid I would have to do it alone." She smiled sadly. "I would not drag you into this. This situation is my burden alone to bare. Even before this mess, I never took on a traveling companion. It's always been easier that way," she told him, gently removing her hands from his after a moment.

5TX21nT.png

After removing her hands from Mason's, she glared at those around her who panicked at the thought of her running away. "Just because I said this is what I would like to do does not mean I intend to do it. You asked for my opinion and I have given it. Did you not hear me earlier when I said I intended not to run from my problems? Truly the lot of you do not trust my words even a bit, do you?" Ilona let out a huff of air, hot with her frustration.

"And yes, Sir Makoto, I am well aware of the innocent lives I took with my power. You need not continue to remind me, nor continue to lie about standing by me. If you did, you would not be telling me what I should and shouldn't do. You are not sorry. Do not apologize to me. For Sun's sake, just--"

Ilona flinched, cutting herself off when she would feel Ruby's hand touch her shoulder. The girl's words stung at Ilona's heart. She wasn't even really sure how to react other than to repeat Ruby's statement. "T-Teammates." Her expression hardened, however, when she processed Ruby's words. She rolled her shoulder out of Ruby's hold, making it even easier for Kido to pry Ruby's hand away from her shoulder. While one would've guessed she might snap at Ruby, her words actually came out soft, even sad.

419LoEy.png

"I said I wasn't running."

But I'd most certainly like to run out of this room, at least.

And be left alone.

@Atomyk @Verite @york @Crow @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Yun Lee @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Minerva @Debate​
Makoto rubbed a hand across his face, anger subsiding into frustration. "Now I'm a liar..."

"Hrm." Reaching up, Lalonde brushed away her bangs to fix her pink-hued eyes on both Ilona and Makoto. "Ilona, we can not ask of your opinion, only for you to tell us you have internalized this debate as an attack on your ability to reason. I feel your frustration, but let us not see those who happen to disagree with you as against you, necessarily." She sounded almost emotionless as she said this. Perhaps it was intentional, for she then turned to Kido, catching him as he was walking away.

"It is certainly an emotional response to want to protect others like Ilona." She gestured to Bekka. "I certainly imagine few here are emotionless, for such characters would certainly have been okay with notions of letting Ilona be locked away without contact or killed. Like this woman has said, I can't say I understand the point of few that... Kyoko does not follow her emotions to some degree? Certainly, Kieran..."

Kieran shot Lalonde a grumpy look, who only winked at him in response.

"I won't accept that following one's emotions are wrong... I'm sorry, but I can't even begin to believe in such ideals! Ilona and the rest of you can call me a liar, but I can... I can stand by others, even if they don't like hearing what I'm saying. I do not speak of our losses in order to make anyone, even Ilona, feel bad. It's a reminder, yes, but more than that... Something must be changed. We all must be held accountable for our actions..."

xp2Ugfp.png

"Even I... every death the Coalition faces bears down on me, I must not forget that..."

"... And what is this about a traitor, by the way?" Lalonde asked, after Makoto was finished. "I must say, I can't be sure of the identity of any individual who might have been working for Umbrella..."

@Kaykay @Nater Taters @Jeremi @york @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Debate
Toboe had went to go get checked out, while Cheza stood by Mason, quietly listening to arguments and whatnot being thrown nack and forth.

"So, they are cowards for trying to follow what they believe is the proper course of action? Though they make good points of their own, as everyone else on their sides have, them not agreeing makes them cowards and there just can't be a middle ground of sorts? Is it solely on this moral high ground you speak of? This one is just a lunar flower, yet this one is sure that with all their small faults in doing this they should not be considered cowards." Cheza asked Bekka, not as quiet as usual but almost firm.

"I mean no disrespect to your opinions, but please do not put such labels on them. This one would say the same about those on each side not throwing labels out on who is, say, the "evil" being portrayed like has been done with Ritsuko." she added, taking a breath. This was possibly the longest she's talked during this whole fiasco.

"Someone within the Coalition used Ilona to set everything in motion. There have been speculations, but nothing has really been done with everyone being told to pick sides on these debates for what to do with Ilona, which feels strange to this one with how they usually spring up after fights that have little moments for rest." Cheza did ger best to explain to Lalonde.

@Mason Moretti @Verite @Atomyk @Ringmaster @Minerva @Jeremi @york @Crow @The Tactician @Anybody I missed
tumblr_inline_nl0moibHj01r3leyb.png

Train Heartnet stood on the sidelines of this argument, keeping his head down and his arms folded close. He scowled and shook his head, finally deciding to step in after a moment. He wasn't one for debating, but it wasn't as if avoiding the conversation would help it end any sooner anyhow. "I feel like right now really isn't an appropriate time to be bickering over the girl, not while we still have injured people to treat and a huge mess to clean up. Other than that, we're all tired from the battles. I can't picture any of us are at our best when it comes to thinking things over at the moment."

"...And another thing," Train added, frowning. "Like a few of you are saying, we have that traitor business floating around right now. Speaking from experience with people like that, they like to strike from the shadows--especially when others are distracted. What better time to pull something than if everyone is distracted and arguing? We should focus on trying to discover this person--or if they're even still around."

Unable to look either Lalonde or Makoto in the eyes after hearing them speak again, the princess let out a sigh. Whether Lalonde's words were true, Ilona couldn't help but feel attacked by everyone. Still, that didn't mean she had to lash out and verbally attack anyone else by raising her voice. It wasn't lady-like to behave in such a manner. While she couldn't help but feel emotional while the lot of these people were deciding her future, there was still no reason for her to treat anyone with disrespect.

B5jyTdG.png

"I apologize for calling you a liar, Sir Makoto," Ilona said, bowing her head to him. "I'm just afraid. ...if I can't master my power I'll never be allowed to leave. What if I'm taken to a place where I can never see sunlight again? I--" Ilona cut herself off. "I know this isn't about me. I'm sorry for complaining." It's just that I have never been allowed to have anything I want for my life. I wish I could be in control of my life for once. But wishing is wrong. I should be more willing to do what they would like. I-I just...

"Why is this even an argument?"

A telepathic voice would ring throughout the heads of those nearby. If anyone would look behind Ilona they would see Deoxys hovering above her, an intimidating presence to behold. When looking at Ilona, Deoxys couldn't help but be reminded of the girl as a child and the times when he had interacted with a much younger Ryan and Ilona. The alien almost felt something inside it, perhaps the trace of human emotions. But it ignored any such feelings, deleting them as it were a computer. It then spoke again to the others.

tumblr_inline_n5n8h8bGQd1sr87d4.png

"The unstable organism must be imprisoned until stability is ensured. I recommend you humans put your emotions aside for the greater good of your species and do what needs to be done. It matters not what the individual known as Ilona or any other feels about this. Any decision made but the one resulting in securing the girl will be a wrong one, a mistake made due to relying on emotional reasoning rather than intellectual reasoning."

Ilona flinched at the words of Deoxys, glancing up at it. "You would still advocate to have me locked away? Sir Deoxys, were we not friends at a time? I--" I can't help but feel so betrayed by everyone.

"If you mistake my suggestion as a personal insult, you are thinking irrationally. My suggestion is based on what is right, not based on my thoughts about you as an individual human."

Ilona quieted, glancing back at her feet.

"..."

But this is still about my life.

@Kaykay @Nater Taters @Jeremi @york @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk @Debate​
Ruby Rose

@Kaykay @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk
@Debate

When Ilona pushed her hand away, Ruby looked a little deflated, but that didn't stop her from giving this another attempt.

Ob2Ad94.gif

"Maybe... Some other time?" She asked hopefully.

Though she tried to look all cheerfull and such, Weiss might be able to pick up that her partner was kiiinda running out of steam, as Ruby was making quick, darting side-glances in her direction

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"..."

And there Winter stood, admiring just how lacking in order these people were until sav can make a real post with her.

Meanwhile, Weiss let out a shuddering breath at first. She hadn't wanted to kill SPECTRE, but in some situations? It was simply a requirement that you don't show mercy. This just happened to be one of them. So as the group moved on, she tried to keep it from her mind. Not that killing someone is something that you can ever forget easily... or at all, for that matter. But hey, the debate was a good distraction. Or it would have been, if this were the very last thing she cared to hear right now. Even she could see the bigger picture right now, and this debate wasn't going to get them anywhere. So it was with an undeniable reluctance that she spoke up... Or, well, started to, up until she noticed Ruby's expression and the way she kept giving her nervous side glances. And so she sighed, reasoning to try a different approach than she'd been about to go for.

"For once, I must agree. Now is simply not the time to fight amongst ourselves!" There was undoubted truth to the statement, even though Weiss was more than willing to to go at the throat of just about any of these people right now. "Whatever is decided upon must be agreed to unanimously. We all saw what those... Umbrella degenerates could accomplish, what they did accomplish, the last time we were up in arms about the situation. If we continue as we are, then none of us will be able to defend Ilona, regardless of what decision she-" Quickly, she caught and corrected herself, "-we all make."

...Yeah, she wasn't too good at this. Hopefully she hadn't messed up too badly.

@york @Debate​

Reactions: Takumi
A short time after Deoxys' words echoed in her mind, Ilona simply rested her eyes on the floor with a dejected expression--staring at it as if nothing in the world mattered anymore except for that very floor under her toes. She scanned her eyes over the cracks, dirt, and other feet that were scattered about on the floor, using it as a medium to tune out the voices she so desperately craved to be rid of. And, for a time, her plan seemed to work. The voices around her began to fade and meld into one another, canceling out any recognizable words. If anything, the girl felt as if she were standing underwater. Only did Ilona finally break from this soundless aura when she would hear a familiar voice scream out, causing her to flinch.

Ilona glanced up afterwards, blinking a couple times as if waking from a dream. She tucked a lock of hair away from her face and stiffened her shoulders defensively, seeing that it was Shiki would had spoken out. Immediately, her heart sank into the depths of her stomach and her spine ran cold. This reaction was all due to the fact their last conversation hadn't ended in such a pleasant manner. She hadn't really a chance to assess this, however, as Shiki immediately jumped into the argument--calling the others out on their many flaws. Ilona lowered her head again, squeezing her eyes closed for another moment when Doppo retaliated, striking at Shiki's passionate exclamation.

Doppo's words only made Ilona feel more sick. In a way, this individual was the most right out of anyone who had spoken yet. Admittedly, Ilona didn't know what she wanted. She didn't know at all. The many voices, opinions, and viewpoints in the room made it stifling and difficult to think. She hadn't a clue what was right, what would make the others happy, and what would make herself happy. And the despair Doppo spoke of, Ilona could feel it already gripping her like a leech ready to drain away any trace of joy she held inside herself. That man was right.

So how could Shiki or anyone else stand up to his words?

What would his response be?

It was a simple response. He suggested that they let her be. Ilona glanced back up, still feeling rather uncertain. His words were a nice thought, surely they were, but as Doppo had stated, there was a chance Ilona didn't really know what to do. Even if she followed her heart, what if she still couldn't make up her mind? Her thoughts were whirlwind, entirely unsettled.

While in this state of confusion, Ilona couldn't help but let out a small gasp when Shiki would actually dress her individually, even bowing to her apologetically. She tried to get in a word, but found herself tongue-tied when he looked her in the eyes, and caught off guard by the many words that came rolling from his mouth. She couldn't even bring herself to answer any of his questions at first, instead distracted by the fact what he had to say actually trigged a physical response in her.

Her heart was racing.

Especially after hearing seven little words she was unsure if anyone had ever even said to her before.

It actually amazed the princess to hear someone speak to her in a way none of the others had. He knew she felt alone. Confused. Lost. And he resonated with her more than many others in the room had thus far. In all honesty, he seemed to genuinely understand her. Maybe Wanda, Lalonde, Mason, and some of the others understood her a bit as well, but none of the others seemed so genuine. Ilona couldn't help but feel regret for ever having mistrusted him in the first place. It wasn't a lie; he was on her side.

Finally, after what felt like ages, Ilona had a window to speak after Shiki, Mason, Leia, even Ruby had finished with what they had to say. But what would she say?

No words came out at first. Ilona's shoulders shook and she dropped her head, fresh tears slipping from her blue eyes. She stood there and cried, the flow of tears seeming to last for ages. But Ilona wasn't upset, no, not really. Her tears were of relief, as if his words had lifted a bit of weight off her shoulders. After a moment, when she had reined in her emotions a little, Ilona bowed her head to Shiki, also offering an apology--instead of answering his questions or speaking to the latter three individuals.

UCUqey6.png

"I-I'm sorry too!" she exclaimed, her voice going an octave higher. Without thinking, she reached out and grabbed his hands, cupping them between hers while her head was still bowed. She refrained from lifting her head up again to look at him. Tears still fell from her eyes, but she continued to speak. "I-I never should've said what I did back at the holding cells. I know you're on my side, clearly you are. I--"

"...what I really want is--"

"You understand, so you already know--because it's the same thing you want. I want... to live my life, an ordinary life. But most importantly, I just wanted... someone to say what you have said. Because everything you've said is true. I want to live, not die. I want to be happy. I don't want to be alone anymore or run forever. I don't want to be afraid anymore. I don't want to be in this room anymore, hearing these people throw their words, guilt trips, and demands at me. I wish to feel like I belong somewhere, a place where those I care for will not look at me not as if I'm a monster with powers or even a princess. So... thank you. Thank you, Sir Shiki."

Ilona gritted her teeth, fighting back more tears with the blink of her eyes. There were so many more things she could've said, but at this moment in time she couldn't exactly find the right words.

"Th-Thank you..."

"Thank you."

@Kaykay @Verite @Atomyk @Jeremi @Josh M @Mason Moretti @york @Debate​

-------

Saber Alter tapped her fingers in thought, her gauntlet clicking a staccato rhythm on her armor as she observed the people around them. Some were for one, others were for another- Still more wanted a third path. But not a one seemed to consider so much as a compromise. And perhaps for good reason.

Politics, she sneered to herself. No one wants to back down and lose face. Or even concede their position. The one that does will appear weak and powerless, which in their places they refuse to contemplate. Its all smoke and mirrors anyway, when people think that a bit of gold smelted into a circle with cold rock actually has power of its own. When they find out that kings bleed as readily as their subjects, the magic ends and the power is forever lost. What makes it more galling as well are the ones who are pushing for it. The agents in the field, the warzone infiltrators, the analysts and the like over their....Leaders. Those who deal in paperwork and logistics.

And then there was the third faction.

The MEU. She glanced over at Morrigan if she was present, flicking her gaze up and down the magus with an expression of thoughtful consideration.

There was obviously a load of friction between them at the best of times, with little-to-no respect among the rank and file with exceptions. Witches, thought Saber Alter with black humor, tended not to forget slights very well. And in a position of power like this as regarded Ilona, she wondered if it had crossed the minds of the mages to demand Ilona for themselves, considering this was likely magical in nature? Or at least, to use cunning to act as a neutral 'third party' between the UN and the Coalition as the reasonable choice.

It was clear they had no trust in one another, thanks to the scale of the emergency and why not? Their security at the heart of their stronghold was gutted, their secrets revealed and it was abundantly clear that they had been infiltrated for a long, long time. For a supposedly multiversal-expansive check on problems of that nature, they had done quite the job so far. Little wonder that people were gravitating to the only sources of familiarity and defending it so. Hmm.....

She dispelled her armor and battle dress, returning to her nuns outfit sans the habit.

Palms pressed together in mimic of what she had seen Lucifer do, she spoke.

"This seems less a matter of choice and more a matter of trust. Can we not compromise on the fact that above all else, we agree that Ilona requires protection? For herself from those who wish to use her and from herself, that her powers do not make a repeat of the incident here. I say, give her to the U.N.... But allow her personal guard as well as those who examine her, related to the Coalition and M.E.U. This way, we both enable her to be in a place where the security hasn't been infiltrated(that we know of) and place others to ensure that she is both protected, as well as soothing suspicions as to her treatment." She finished ironically. To Ilona herself, she turned her dark gaze and moved to approach the other in frank scrutiny. A beat later, she added.

"And if this sounds well in turn, perhaps they will allow you to choose whom you will to be your companions. Those who wish to contain you will get their desire. Those who care for your upbringing and treatment, will be in place to ensure it remains humane. Everyone gets what they want."

@Kaykay @Nater Taters @Jeremi @york @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Minerva @Josh M @The Tactician @Verite @Atomyk @Debate​
tumblr_nwqto2tgzm1u3z5n7o1_100.png

@Ringmaster

And as Add and Lucifer would talk far away from the area, the Producer siblings begin to mingle with each other at low volumes.

glXTgGe.png

"You said you had every reason to trust him, did you not?"

WBJfeMo.png

"The person, yes, the plans... uh..."

"... so we're just going to hope that Mr Anghelscu knows what he's doing?"

"Mmmhmm. But Father Lucifer's pretty powerful, right?"

"His primary combat feats are melee weaponry, strength and dispersing into bats. Compare that to- you know what, the thing is, we don't have a failsafe."

"But we do."

"As in, one that doesn't risk Mr Anghelscu's life."

The Producer siblings then look back to see Elesis. They both walk up to her.

"Elesis was the name, was it?" Madoka says.

"Must... business card... must resist..." Kido's hand, holding what appeared to be a business card, shivered, as if he was trying to control it but couldn't.

"Now is not the time to scout, brother," Madoka chides Kido, then turns to Elesis, "are you doing alright, Elesis?"

@Gummi Bunnies

"Well its a good thing I'm not asking about that then. Walk with me."

Leading Add away from the group, heading for the medical center he waited a bit till he was sure no one was listening in before speaking.

"What stake does the Blood Institute have in the current events, or are you merely their spy?"

@Gummi Bunnies
tumblr_nwqu6hTkO51u3z5n7o10_100.png

"... Blood... Institute?"

For a moment, Add gave a surprised look when it came to being asked this. It appeared like Add didn't know what to say in response, but it was soon followed up with a small fit of laughter.

tumblr_o95hp8ydqr1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Oh yes! I see what you mean! Here's the catch... I am involved in the likes of the Blood Institute, but it's not what you may have thought of first. You can say that I'm doing this out of my own decision, but I decided to become part of the Blood Institute to leech out their information in the case that either the UN, Coalition, and much more other people would need that crucial information~ So yes, I am a spy, but a spy snooping around in the depths of the Blood Institute. Isn't that interesting, Lucifer?"

It was hard to tell if Add was lying or not, as his behavior was always this erratic type.

@Ringmaster

And as Add and Lucifer would talk far away from the area, the Producer siblings begin to mingle with each other at low volumes.

glXTgGe.png

"You said you had every reason to trust him, did you not?"

WBJfeMo.png

"The person, yes, the plans... uh..."

"... so we're just going to hope that Mr Anghelscu knows what he's doing?"

"Mmmhmm. But Father Lucifer's pretty powerful, right?"

"His primary combat feats are melee weaponry, strength and dispersing into bats. Compare that to- you know what, the thing is, we don't have a failsafe."

"But we do."

"As in, one that doesn't risk Mr Anghelscu's life."

The Producer siblings then look back to see Elesis. They both walk up to her.

"Elesis was the name, was it?" Madoka says.

"Must... business card... must resist..." Kido's hand, holding what appeared to be a business card, shivered, as if he was trying to control it but couldn't.

"Now is not the time to scout, brother," Madoka chides Kido, then turns to Elesis, "are you doing alright, Elesis?"

@Gummi Bunnies
tumblr_ochx37XnRY1v3qowuo2_100.png

"Yes... I... am fine..."

Elesis looked up to see that the two producers had stepped up towards her. For now, she didn't feel any attempts on Add's part to try and manipulate her actions again, like a weapon under his control... Until Add realized what was going on, Elesis readied herself mentally for when that manipulation would occur once again.

@Crow

tumblr_nwqu6hTkO51u3z5n7o10_100.png

"... Blood... Institute?"

For a moment, Add gave a surprised look when it came to being asked this. It appeared like Add didn't know what to say in response, but it was soon followed up with a small fit of laughter.

tumblr_o95hp8ydqr1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Oh yes! I see what you mean! Here's the catch... I am involved in the likes of the Blood Institute, but it's not what you may have thought of first. You can say that I'm doing this out of my own decision, but I decided to become part of the Blood Institute to leech out their information in the case that either the UN, Coalition, and much more other people would need that crucial information~ So yes, I am a spy, but a spy snooping around in the depths of the Blood Institute. Isn't that interesting, Lucifer?"

It was hard to tell if Add was lying or not, as his behavior was always this erratic type.
Interesting? Perhaps.

Amusing? No, not so much for him as it was for Add. Hands in his pockets, the priest gave the other the side eye before commenting quietly.

"And I'm sure if that was the case, your status would be known to our chain of command....Otherwise, the discovery of your role with our current atmosphere would result in a lynching." A brief frown flickered across his features as he continued. "So then....What stake would the Institute have in current events, if any? We know someone freed our prisoner early. We also know they were fed information, enough to allow them to avoid our patrols as well as allow their people entry. As of now, from a certain point of view you're the most likely suspect....And unlike me, there are those who would be more violent in their inquiries, especially considering the mood as of now."

Letting that sink in, he paused for a beat and eyed Add with a side glance to see his reaction and hear his reply.

@Gummi Bunnies

"Jeez, you people are all over the place..." Leia mumbled, before speaking up so others could hear her "... When she was upset and wanted to be contained, it was like, hmm..." Leia tapped at her chin. "That's right, everyone thought she wasn't capable of making such a big decision! So now it only matters because she had a change of heart... Ilona, your decision matters, as long as it's not, you know, running away! Or... killing yourself. Or even letting other decide!"

wC2WKWd.png

"You all talk big but you seem kind of fake. Shiki's not really a Coalition member, anyway... practically a stranger to the rest of us."

"U-Uhh, Leia..." Makoto rubbed at the back of his neck, giving the girl a quizzical look. "I don't think that's really helping--"

"And you are, Makoto? Don't act like anyone cares about what you have to say either... Yeah, you know..." Taking off her cap, Leia tossed it into the air over and over again, catching it in other hand.

TDuNmTS.png

"Sometimes I wonder what the Coalition is even good for. They're their own worst enemy."

@Debate

kv5l6AG.png

"Jeez, this Robin guy's been looking at me for a while now..." Junko groaned inwardly, wondering why anyone gave a crap about what she had to say. Usually, it didn't really matter what Junko thought, for moments in her life were rather fleeting and meaningless when put up against the big picture. She waved a hand toward the man, feeling kind of incensed after both Shiki and Leia going off like they did.

"Hey, dude... do you want me to, like, combat what you said earlier? Agree with it? I'm no Ultimate Debater, that was always... Makoto and Kyoko, you know? I guess it's noble the Foundation protected me, but telling me there is a worse group out there is kind of meaningless, don't you think? I know all about shitty groups, dude! You still have a group that contains people, and yet you're against containing Ilona, who I'm starting to think is a whole lot like me! You're, like, so wishy washy, it's kind of weird..."

Shaking her head, Junko looked squarely at Robin. "If a monster popped out of this portal I made right now, what would you do? What if it killed people here? Man, that would suck! You gonna take me back to the Foundation? What makes Ilona better than me, that these conditions don't apply to her!? I'm starting to think the only people with level heads here are the women!"

@Minerva @Debate
UCUqey6.png

"I-I'm sorry too!" she exclaimed, her voice going an octave higher. Without thinking, she reached out and grabbed his hands, cupping them between hers while her head was still bowed. She refrained from lifting her head up again to look at him. Tears still fell from her eyes, but she continued to speak. "I-I never should've said what I did back at the holding cells. I know you're on my side, clearly you are. I--"

"...what I really want is--"

"You understand, so you already know--because it's the same thing you want. I want... to live my life, an ordinary life. But most importantly, I just wanted... someone to say what you have said. Because everything you've said is true. I want to live, not die. I want to be happy. I don't want to be alone anymore or run forever. I don't want to be afraid anymore. I don't want to be in this room anymore, hearing these people throw their words, guilt trips, and demands at me. I wish to feel like I belong somewhere, a place where those I care for will not look at me not as if I'm a monster with powers or even a princess. So... thank you. Thank you, Sir Shiki."

Ilona gritted her teeth, fighting back more tears with the blink of her eyes. There were so many more things she could've said, but at this moment in time she couldn't exactly find the right words.

"Th-Thank you..."

"Thank you."

@Kaykay @Verite @Atomyk @Jeremi @Josh M @Mason Moretti @york @Debate​
gEmvTdU.png

"Right. Right. No problem at all, Miss Ilona."

Shiki had initially blinked in surprise when Ilona would seem to react so strongly to his words, even going far enough as to take his hands into hers, but the young man recovered quickly enough. He was unable to resist the urge to hug her, taking her into his arms like a caring older brother or so, wanting to hush her cries as he nodded, smiling genuinely.

And in the midst of the soft moment, Doppo simply spoke again...

"... So this means you'd choose to go with the UN, right?"

"So it seems," Carissa commented on the side.

Ritsuko would stifle a humorless chuckle at Junko's last remark, the woman instead opting to produce a cigarette from her pocket and light it up for a brief moment. She dearly needed a smoke after all this. In-fighting and in-fighting, moral high grounds, and no progress to be made because people were uncomfortable with the idea of doing anything to possibly inconvenience a cute girl. After having a puff, she'd take the cigarette out of her mouth, exhaling for a moment, before speaking.

"Hmph. You're telling me," she said, seeming to let herself into the middle of whatever exchange Junko was starting up with Robin, the dear leader not seeming to be able to find his words, "Mother always told me a woman's touch is what you need if you want something to be perfect. Perhaps you should let that mousy Tsunemori girl replace you someday, Aquilus," Ritsuko would remark with a somewhat caustic and flippant, yet also nonchalant, tone.

On the other hand, Ocelot would almost seem to chuckle at Leia's words, his arms crossed and shoulders vibrating as he let out his small laugh. "That's what I keep saying. Truly, it's almost as if the smallest bit of inconvenience puts people in a giant loop with no exit," he remarked, adding onto the girl's harsh words, "It's quite a melancholic day when someone who isn't even a member of the Coalition, who can't even understand just a little bit of the true gravity of the situation, fancies himself the one to lead us all out of our hole. In fact, I question why these people who aren't tied to any organization are even here, they're impeding on business that isn't theirs," he continued, eyeing the likes of Erron, Sakuya, Remilia, and others.

Shiki himself, meanwhile, was ready to say something to Ilona, to comfort her, to help her, but not before taking notice of others who had rather unsavory things to say.

MxqHXJK.png

"E-Excuse me? I'm... not exactly sure what my status has to do with anything. It's not like it should affect the bearing of my word, should it?" Shiki asked, rendered somewhat uncomfortable at Leia's and Ocelot's words. And then, turning to Junko finally, he pursed his lips and furrowed his brow.

"Do I know you from somewhere?"

On the other hand, while Shiki seemed more confused towards the biting remarks headed his way, and towards the group as a whole, not everyone seemed to be naive enough as to let that slide, notably Doppo, who gave the two offenders a hard glare.

tumblr_o7i3fySD9R1vqdgsxo1_500.gif

"Watch it, Rolando, Ocelot. I don't take bad-mouthing one's own organization very lightly. " Doppo spoke warningly, resisting the urge to ball his hand into a fist, though the man still visibly trembled in anger, "So keep quiet, or so help me..."

"But tell me this; am I wrong? During this entire ordeal, everyone, Coalition, UN, or otherwise, have been acting like bumbling idiots, butting heads over a problem they'd been complicating far more than necessary. The boy over there may have said pretty words, but in the end, it did nothing to progress or nail in the one simple truth that everyone seems to be forgetting; Ilona's power is dangerous, and she must be contained and regulated if we are to protect the integrity of life within the multiverse. I don't know what I'd rather put into all your heads first, that fact or a bullet. I wonder which will travel further if I shoot it from a gun."

"That's enough!"

e73u4U8.gif

Drawing what appeared to be an ordinary slip of paper from his pocket, Doppo would use his power, and before everyone, the slip of paper would glow a blinding green light, before it had practically morphed form into what appeared to be a handgun, which the man would use to point straight at Ocelot, gritting his teeth in anger.

"Who the hell do you think you are, speaking as you please to the people you'd consider allies?!"

tScIqG2.gif

In the blink of an eye, Ocelot would draw his own twin revolvers out, pointing them straight at Doppo in return.

"Don't ever presume things about who I would and wouldn't consider allies. As far as I care, most of the people here are as competent as that bumbling Ellis buffoon who spilled coffee on me. Undisciplined, the lot of you," the other man spoke, keeping his voice leveled as though he were still perfectly calm at this moment.

The two men were at an impasse, aiming weapons at each other, but not attacking. At least, not yet. But tensions were clearly running high in the room. And they were only going to get higher from there.

kzhe29p.png

"H-Hey! Uh, excuse me!" Shiki called out, rather alarmed, as he'd walk over to Ocelot from the side, completely vulnerable and exposed, at least from an outsider's point of view, "Okay, okay, I think we all just need to calm down here. It was one thing to say whatever you pleased, but even if I just chalk it up to you being stressed in the moment or whatever, let's not get too carried away with infighting or--"

Whoosh.

In less than a second, Ocelot turned his right arm to Shiki's direction, his second revolver aimed straight at the boy's forehead, causing him to stop in his tracks.

"Are you talking down towards me now, boy? You have no grasp of the scenario, do you? Always presuming and rambling on about the irrelevant topics, and thinking to act morally superior in the process."

Shiki, practically frozen in place, hardly moved a muscle. Not even to change facial expressions, let alone physically move. However, after a brief moment, he'd speak, eyes narrower than ever.

"Don't point that thing at me. Or you'll regret it."

He moved his hand to grab a hold of his knife, but before he could even pull it out, his hand gripped firmly on the hilt, Carissa would suddenly draw her longsword, named Curtana, and hold it out, the blade stopping just a few inches short from Shiki's throat as the MEU representative sneered.

"And you plan to put an end to threats by acting out on your own threats? Don't be ridiculous."

The impasse grew more and more, as predicted, as did the tension. And it was only going to grow more and more. There was no cooling off after this point.

The civil war that had been brewing began to slowly, yet surely, heat up...

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Jeremi @Josh M @The Tactician @Mason Moretti @york @Debate

@Everybody

Last edited:
Interesting? Perhaps.

Amusing? No, not so much for him as it was for Add. Hands in his pockets, the priest gave the other the side eye before commenting quietly.

"And I'm sure if that was the case, your status would be known to our chain of command....Otherwise, the discovery of your role with our current atmosphere would result in a lynching." A brief frown flickered across his features as he continued. "So then....What stake would the Institute have in current events, if any? We know someone freed our prisoner early. We also know they were fed information, enough to allow them to avoid our patrols as well as allow their people entry. As of now, from a certain point of view you're the most likely suspect....And unlike me, there are those who would be more violent in their inquiries, especially considering the mood as of now."

Letting that sink in, he paused for a beat and eyed Add with a side glance to see his reaction and hear his reply.

@Gummi Bunnies
tumblr_o95fg1hNzm1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Well... with what I know... you must think that this answer of mine is ridiculous... however, allow me to make this clear in two points... One, the Institute didn't really have much stakes to tend to in the first place. Hell, they could probably do whatever they desired and I wouldn't have any information to share about that, that they'll do so without worrying about any one ever knowing... And two..."

For someone who was put into a situation like this, Add was taking it quite well, not seeming to break down from the pressure of being exposed. Maybe the lack of sanity had done him some good in this case, but the esper stepped forward once more towards Lucifer, his blackened eyes staring straight into him.

tumblr_ocnj1fUbRO1v3qowuo9_100.png

"... the one who controls the blood... wanted to see that disorder would spread amongst us. Think about that for a second. Recollect all thoughts on what had occurred so far. ... is that what's occurring to us right now? Kekeke..."

@Ringmaster

tumblr_o95fg1hNzm1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Well... with what I know... you must think that this answer of mine is ridiculous... however, allow me to make this clear in two points... One, the Institute didn't really have much stakes to tend to in the first place. Hell, they could probably do whatever they desired and I wouldn't have any information to share about that, that they'll do so without worrying about any one ever knowing... And two..."

For someone who was put into a situation like this, Add was taking it quite well, not seeming to break down from the pressure of being exposed. Maybe the lack of sanity had done him some good in this case, but the esper stepped forward once more towards Lucifer, his blackened eyes staring straight into him.

tumblr_ocnj1fUbRO1v3qowuo9_100.png

"... the one who controls the blood... wanted to see that disorder would spread amongst us. Think about that for a second. Recollect all thoughts on what had occurred so far. ... is that what's occurring to us right now? Kekeke..."
"You'd be surprised how much I understand the power of blood." Lucifer replied amiably in response to the insanity. And with the most disarming smile, he tilted his head and added. "But to attribute all to it reveals a lack of understanding for a great, many things in our universe and others. Blood is a conduit of life...Without it, many things could not live. We place a deal of prestige upon purity of it and even form attachments because of it. But blood alone doesn't make a man....I never believed it then. I certainly don't believe it now."

Walking around him, he continued and paused for Add to keep walking with him, otherwise they remained in that hallway together as he said idly.

"You say the Institute- A criminal organization dedicated to their own goal doesn't have any stake in seeing two of the current authorities come to blows. In addition to this skepticism, I return that we have no proof, save your word only. Not only as their agent, but also considering the fact that a spy usually reports to someone higher...Not exactly a candidate for representation."

Hands clasped behind his back, the Priest despite his increasingly battle-scarred clothing since this began held himself with an air of authority, an impassive figure in black passing the observations of one who sees all paths.

"Moreover- That much is abundantly clear and returning to it does nothing but muddle the issue regarding your innocence in these affairs. Its not outside the realm of reason that you could have done those things. And who would think to look for a traitor, locked among the others in that illusion?"

He turned to face him.

"However....I believe in the law. I believe we are held accountable for our own sins and that retribution, slowly but surely comes to all. Whether to lay our current situation at your feet or not....Some might say yes, if only due to circumstances. Me? There will be due process. Which includes protecting you from mob justice, once this news gets out properly. Which is why I brought you here. Away from everyone."

And speaking bluntly, he spoke.

"I'd like you to let you rest in one of the cells for now. While I speak to others quietly and we get this all sorted out. Those who find out and speak against you, will see your cooperation. Those who are your master, if your story checks out will reveal it to those who need to know. And we need not fight more than what this group has already accomplished against themselves. Its more than just."

He shrugged.

"The alternative is revealing it to everyone and letting their mob mentality take over."

@Gummi Bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.