Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

latest

The familiar, dim lights of the Coalition Holding Cells would perhaps be one of the first things the group would notice upon escaping the illusions conjured by the dying mist of Silent Earth, or rather, the illusion of it. It would take a while to recover from illusions spurred on by another illusion, but when you would all retain your senses, you would all find yourself in yet another peculiar spot, right out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The fire being that, of course, everyone was trapped in the cells, as expected, blocked off by energy barriers.

Some might get a sense of deja vu, as it only seemed like just an hour or two earlier that everyone had been trapped in holding cells for what they'd believed was an Umbrella Facility on Silent Earth. Unfortunately, the group would find that not everyone made it through their illusions. Nemo, Astaroth, Qrow, Bradley, and Jak were all in various states between a coma and death.

Groaning, Kyoko would rub her head as she'd awaken, before gingerly getting back to her feet. However, she wouldn't even give herself a moment, not hesitating to observe her surroundings, scowling at her predicament.

kiri030.png

"Tch... So then, it seems that the threat of Umbrella wasn't an illusion then. Is everyone okay?"

Waking next to Kyoko, Makoto said little as he slowly got up to his feet. It was curious sight, to see the familiar holding cells renovated to look like the cells from the Umbrella facility illusion.

GbsywnJ.png

"So, we've been compromised..."

"Absolutely wonderful," Ritsuko replied in a somewhat acerbic manner in just the next holding cell over.

Meanwhile, Shiki was still out cold. There went the most convenient way out of the cells, at least for the time being.

htGIV6F.png

Letting out a loud groan, Kieran stood to his feet. He held his hands out in front of him, flexing his fingers in annoyance. "Telling me I couldn't even have a real axe...?"

"That they went through the trouble of putting us under..." Shepard began to say, rubbing at her forehead. Her gaze went up toward the ceiling as she examined their cell. "Means we can escape. Shiki's out, anyone else have some idea?"

izsst35.png

"Maybe if we pray hard enough, a dashing white knight in shining armor will come to help us in our time of need," Uhura sighed with a bitterly sarcastic edge.

ZZZT.

Lo and behold, speak of the devil, before anyone would be able to say any more, the energy barriers would abruptly cut out and disappear, as though someone had entered the holding areas and deliberately deactivated the barriers, exposing everyone to the hall outside and freeing them.

And who other than the grand savior of the Coalition members than...

tumblr_mk1tzja5241qlcboco3_250.gif

"First of all before anyone says anything. Fuck you. And second of all when my trial do start this better be on the record. Just sayin'."

"..."

iLrvHLY.png

Ocelot could only furrow his brow as Handsome Jack stood before everyone, the unlikely savior of everyone. It would seem that the man believed by freeing everyone, his sentence would be retroactively lightened for his good deeds. It was easy to assume that from someone as self-serving as Jack, but one didn't even need to know him as well as Ocelot did to think about that.

After standing to his feet and gingerly stepping out, looking around to see if this was some odd prank being pulled, it seemed that Jack's intentions were rather straight. It could easily be assumed that Jack had eventually been freed by Umbrella, as they believed he'd work with them as freely as Hisoka would have, wherever that jester even was, but he had ulterior motives.

... Unfortunately, it didn't pay off for Jack.

Pursing his lips, Ocelot would give a thoughtful nod at Jack's words, moving closer to their unlikely savior, as his cell was the one directly in front of Jack.

"Thanks. You did good. Perhaps... We can work something out later," he spoke.

WHAM!

Of course, that was just a white lie, at least from Ocelot, as immediately after talking, he would throw a powerful right hook right into Jack's face, knocking him into the ground and seemingly rendering him unconscious instantly. After that, the young soldier would rub his fist, looking down at the unconscious man.

"... But not today. Hopefully, you understand."

S0rkA0q.jpg

"... I don't know whether to think of that man as extremely naive or Ocelot as extremely foolish," Carissa commented idly, before also standing up and leaving her cell, clearing her throat, "Come now, everyone. We mustn't waste any time while Umbrella presumably believes that we are still trapped. Time is of the essence."

"Then I suggest we split up in the same manner as before," Shepard said quickly, taking a place at the head of the group. "A group with Kyoko should make their way to the Medical Bay and see if the other members of the Coalition are still there. In their efforts to take over the base, Umbrella would have had no time to move those already here. Chances are, that's why we were put into cells."

"And where will Makoto's group be going?" Morrigan asked, eyebrow raised.

"The Security Station. We'll see about getting the group equipped for the fight ahead. From there, we'll be meeting back up at the Lounge. If that is compromised, the Gateway Rooms. An assault on the Command Center will proceed once we're together again."

Makoto let out a sigh. He didn't exactly want to split up from Kyoko after their time in the illusion, but it was for the best. They needed to split up, and there was still tension between the two ideologies...

"Then let's get going, everyone."

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Krieg @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb
"..."

With the next step clear, Elesis would silently pull the unconscious esper over to herself, slinging Add over her shoulder as she headed towards the Security Station. From there, she hoped that the esper wouldn't wake up any time soon, as the moment he regains consciousness would be the time that she would be manipulated by him unconsciously once more...

@Atomyk @Verite @Security Station​

Intermission II
"Escaped"

For Ilona, a few days had passed, trapped in her small cage with no means of escape. Sergei had not returned, but other Umbrella researchers did, asking Ilona inane questions like how she felt or inquiring about her powers. This did not change, not until a female researcher showed up.

85kCPQW.png

"Ilona, Ilona..." she said in a low voice, her arms crossed at her chest. "What should I do with you?"
By the time Ilona would hear this female researcher, the princess found herself agitated. She was already tired of being cramped in the little cell, found herself missing sunlight, and her freedom to move around. Despite her predicament, she still held onto hope that maybe someone would try to find her. Because of this, Ilona had enough motivation to be very vague with her responses to those who had questioned her over the past few days. All she had to do was tolerate them for now. Surely this would be over eventually...

Leaning her face against the glass of her cell, Ilona blew a hot breath of air against it to create a thin layer of fog on it. She would then use her finger to draw shapes in the fogged areas, not bothering to even look at the researcher who had come to speak with her. Ilona even considered giving her the silent treatment, but couldn't bring herself to do it. She enjoyed talking and found that it made her depressed when she didn't take the opportunity to do so.

PxZBBnp.png

"There are many things you could do with me. You could allow me to see sunlight. The lack of it depresses me. You could move me to a bigger cell so that I have room to walk and stretch my arms. You could give me a glass of water. I'm thirsty."

Ilona sighed. "Or perhaps the lot of you could get on with whatever it is you plan to do with me. The suspense I feel while waiting is very discomforting."

"..."

After a moment of silence, Ilona saw the woman smile. She reached up and brushed her bangs back behind her ears, revealing her odd pink-hued irises. "Don't worry, dear. We'll both see sunlight soon."

The woman reached to the side of Ilona's cage, pressing at a few buttons that caused the gas in the chamber to stop flowing. After a few mmoents, the glass door raised upward, allowing Ilona freedom. "We don't have much time. Your powers will be unusable due to the lingering effects of the gas, so we'll need to make use of one of the transports Umbrella makes use of."

The woman held out her hand. "And just call me Miss for now, dear."

Ilona continued to keep her eyes off the woman. "I fear the only way I could see sunlight again was if I left this place. Although, I cannot see that happening any time--" Cutting herself off, the princess looked up when she realized the door to her cell had started to open.

She cautiously moved to exit, confusion evident in her blue eyes as she took the woman's hand and stood up. Her tone changed, sounding softer and more grateful than annoyed as it had previously. "I-I... thank you, but Miss, why are you helping me? Do you not work for this organization?" Ilona questioned.

The woman was gentle as she took Ilona's hand, helping her to step out from the confines of her cage. Outside there was a control room with an array of monitors, most showing the inside of Ilona's cage. A few only showed static, looking broken. "I work for them, but it does not mean I agree with them."

She then began to move quickly, leading Ilona to a door to the side of the room. It looked heavy and secure, but the woman opened it with ease. As far as could be sensed, no one was around. "There was a situation. Things are up in the air. My actions today have likely terminated my employment here at Umbrella, but it was long past due. They said they would help me find my daughter, but not at the expense of other young girls."

She moved inside, closing the door behind Ilona once she followed. The passage was dark, but the woman held up an electronic lamp to light the way. "They've been using you already, manipulating your latent energy," she whispered. "They don't yet know how to utilize your shifting abilities or your destructive potential, but let's keep it that way."

After the woman helped Ilona stand, she followed after her and made sure to keep quiet. She wanted to be cautious, not jeopardizing her escape in any way. The princess twirled a lock of blonde hair around one of her fingers and listened to what the woman had to say, nodding afterwards. "I'm certain your daughter would be proud of your choice. And if there is anything I can ever do to help you in the future, I'd be more than happy to provide assistance."

When the woman would open the door and move inside, Ilona followed after. She squinted while adjusting her eyes to the darkness. "What plans do they have for my energy? Every time I ask someone what they intended to do with my power, I would not receive any answers."

Ilona sighed before adding, "I've also been wondering something else. A woman at the Coalition was murdered before I was kidnapped. Could this have been Umbrella's doing?"
"There's nothing you need to do for me, dear. Just hope we get out of this alive."

She led Ilona down the passageway for some time, with only darkness and silence greeting them. The woman took her time before answering Ilona's inquiries, but eventually she decided to fill the silence. "Currently, they are using your energy for some kind of special project. I am unaware of the details, but they have been planning some kind of Coalition takeover. I only recently learned this, unfortunately. Otherwise, I would have told my contacts within the Coalition of this important detail. As for their future plans..."

The woman stopped as the hall finally came to an end. Red emergency light illuminated the door that awaited them.

eR3XqAY.png

Placing her ear against the door, the woman listened for a moment. She stayed like this for almost a minute before nodding and cautiously opening the door. What awaited beyond was a small room with a computer tucked into the corner. Shelves of unmarked boxes lined the walls.

"Right now, as far as we're presently aware, the means of scientific dimensional travel is limited," she said, moving toward the computer. She began rapidly tapping at keys, observing screens of information that looked like gibberish to Ilona. "So, shifting takes an incredible amount of time and energy. However, there are those such as yourself who have means of dimensional travel all on your own. Umbrella is desperate for this kind of power. Your destructive capability, however, is more what the Order is interested in. That boorish cult that used to worship the Arch Demon. This may be hard to hear, dear, but they believe your power is a means for attaining their Paradise. They worship your power, in a way."

The woman smiled as she seemed to make a breakthrough with the computer. Folders of information flashed on screen for her to access. "As for who was murdered, I'm afraid I know very little about that. Whether it was Umbrella, the Order, or an ally of theirs, I can't be sure. It was done for Umbrella's benefit, in any case."

Ilona remained in thought for quite some time, processing every world the woman had to say. A frown covered the girl's lips, showing she was burdened by what she had learned so far. She didn't speak a single word the entire time, only speaking another world when the woman had finished on the computer.

B5jyTdG.png

"I never meant to become an object of desire, an object of worship." Ilona glanced down at one of her gloved hands, opening and closing her palm.

I never meant to become such a problem. If only I had been born ordinary. All I've ever wanted was to have an ordinary life. But from the time I was old enough to even understand what I wanted, I was also competent enough to realize I didn't have what I wanted.

"Anyhow, if the murder at the Coalition was done for the good of Umbrella it makes me think someone within the Coalition may have been working for them, that they could have a traitor among them." Ilona paused, an unrelated question coming to mind after making her assumption.

"You say you remained in contact with the Coalition. Do you work for them as well as Umbrella?" Ilona questioned. She folded her hands and waited patiently to see what the woman would do next.

"Of a sort, yes. They're my best chance of finding my daughter now, and they are who we will be escaping to." The woman spoke as she pulled out a USB drive, inserting it into a slot on the computer. "Unfortunately, I can't reach them currently, and even if I could, this facility intercepts shifting in and out from outside sources. We're on our own."

The woman waited long enough for a prompt to appear on the screen, where she then took out the USB dive and turned to face Ilona. "Dear, after this is all over, we'll ensure Umbrella never even thinks of touching you ever again." She smiled, before moving toward a door opposite the one they had entered. She was less cautious with this one, throwing it open and ushering Ilona through quickly.

Outside was a hall, where the woman led Ilona to the left. She kept up a brisk pace, not encountering any personnel of note. It wasn't until they came to a set of large sliding doors that the woman paused. "Hm..." Eventually, she picked one, opening it to find a man staring back at her.

CiBqrvE.jpg

He held up a hand, holding what appeared to be a trigger device. The woman cried out and dove to cover Ilona as an explosion overtook the entrance to the room.

It worried Ilona when the woman stated they were on their own, but regardless she hoped the two of them would be able to escape on their own. She was tempted to ask what it was that the woman had done on the computer, but didn't want to burden her with too many questions while they were still trying to escape. So she waited until the woman had entirely finished on the computer before she even spoke again.

"It is not only Umbrella I am worried about."

If they want to use my abilities, certainly other organizations will seek me out as well.

Saying nothing more about her worries, Ilona followed after the woman. It would do her no good to concern herself with other problems when she hadn't even escaped the present situation as of yet. She pressed onward, a sinking feeling plaguing her stomach when a large door opened to reveal a man standing at the entrance.

Before Ilona could move or even react, her rescuer dove to cover her and an explosion went off in the area. "Oh no! Miss, Miss! Please tell me you're all right," Ilona cried, shaking her shoulder. She also made an attempt to look out and around the woman, fearing that the man who had set off the explosive would be after them.

The princess squeezed her eyes shut, focusing on the palm of her hand to try and summon a bit of her power. Lightning Miracles... Lightning Miracles... Ah, it's no good! I can't summon lightning and I can't teleport. I will be defenseless if we are caught...

The woman groaned, stirring slightly from Ilona's cries. It seemed she had taken more damage from her fall than the explosion itself, thankfully. She rolled off the girl and tried to gather herself while the man who set off the explosion slowly started walking toward them.

"There's... There's a..." The woman cleared her throat and took a knee. "There's an armory nearby. Just down the hall. Here--" She tried to hand Ilona a keycard. "I'll distract him, dear. You arm yourself. You're going to be okay, I promise."

Ilona tensed her body, gripping onto one of the woman's hands. "B-But what about you? You've been so kind to me; I can't just leave you," the princess replied, squeezing her hand tighter. "You have to make it out of here. Your daughter is waiting for you to find her," Ilona added, hesitating when she noticed the key card she had been offered.

Glancing between the woman and the enemy slowly approaching, Ilona felt as if her head were spinning. She didn't have much time to decide what to do and she could feel the pressure of her situation. Half-heartedly, she took the key loosely in one hand, but she wasn't motivated to move just yet. Like her parents, she didn't really have the heart to leave anyone behind.

The woman stared, looking displeased, but it was only just for a second. She squeezed Ilona's hand back and gave her a nervous smile. "You're right, dear. Forgive me. A mother should not be so reckless."

The woman turned her head to the man, watching as he reached behind his back to reveal that he was carrying a shotgun. "We'll go together," the woman said, pulling Ilona down the hall as the man took aim. A shot went off, ringing in their ears, but it ultimately went wide.

It wasn't a long run to the armory, where the woman grabbed the keycard back and shakily ran it through the reader beside a heavy metal door. As the door opened, another shot went off, prompting the woman to push Ilona into a crouch as they ducked into the room.

"Grab something," she said, letting go of Ilona's hand to look over the shelves of weaponry. "Anything. We don't need to kill him, just something that will get us past him." It didn't take long for the woman to find something that pleased her. She took it into her hands and turned around to see how Ilona was doing.

Y83nIlS.png

"I'm ready."

Ilona trembled, each footstep their enemy took echoing in her ears as she tried to make up her mind what she wanted to do. But she refrained from movement, as if her mind had already been made up for her. It just wasn't in the girl's blood to leave someone behind. She waited with the woman who had been helping her, relief washing over the princess when she decided not to stay behind. "Th-Thank you."

Lives have already been lost at my expense. I want to keep as many people safe as I possibly can right now.

Dashing down the hall as quickly as she could with her rescuer, Ilona only slowed for a moment when her body would flinch upon hearing the first gunshot. By the time the second shot went off, thankfully they were sheltered inside the armory. Taking a deep breath, Ilona kept crouched and heeded the woman's suggestion to look for some things they could use.

Frantic, Ilona's hands shook as she scanned a couple weapon racks for something decent. At some point she picked up three hand grenades--hoping they were stun grenades--and a mid-ranged blaster weapon of some kind. In her hysterical search, the princess wasn't sure if she had grabbed anything of worth, but she didn't really have time to be choosy.

"Okay, I'm ready," she replied, her heart throbbing anxiously in her chest, waiting to follow her companion's lead.

The woman nodded to Ilona. It wasn't much, but what else could they do? She reached out to take one of the grenades Ilona had grabbed, ready to lob it outside the armory door. She didn't know herself whether it was a stun grenade or not, but she didn't much care for what happened to this man. She was silent as she threw it, ducking down with Ilona right afterward.

Even from the next room, the sound of the blast was deafening, causing a harsh ring in both women's ears. Ilona's protector got up first, finding herself wobbly on her feet. She moved with some degree of physical discomfort toward the door, peeking outside to see what damage she had caused. After a few tense seconds, she looked to Ilona.

"It's time to run again," she said in a low voice, before jumping out of the armory doorway and making a break for it. She assumed Ilona was following as she rushed down the hall to charge through the cloud of smoke the grenade had conjured. It wasn't until she reached the other side of the smoke that she realized her mistake, coming face-to-face with their attacker as he swung at her with the butt of his gun. The woman fell like a fly, skidding across the floor and dropping the assault rifle she'd picked up.

"Stay in the smoke!" she commanded of Ilona.

Steeling herself when the woman took her grenades and tossed them outside the door, Ilona took a deep breath as she ducked down. Only seconds later the grenade would go off, disorienting the princess when she heard the sound. She stumbled as she stood up, clinging to her rescuer for support. When the woman gave Ilona the cue to run she did so, covering her mouth with a hand to try and prevent herself from breathing in the smoke.

Running a bit slower than the woman, Ilona would witness when she ran into their attacker. The princess gasped as the woman fell from his attack, unsure whether she should run to the woman's aide or stay where she was. Instinctively, however, Ilona listed when the woman told her to stay put.

What should I do? I-- Wait, I-I have a weapon!

Lifting the blaster gun she had a hold of, Ilona tried to aim through the smoke and find where her enemy was standing. Her hands shook and the thick smoke burned her eyes. She had little confidence the attack would work, but she had to do something.

Holding the gun as carefully as she could, Ilona squeezed the trigger and took a shot at their enemy.

The demolitions man had turned to the woman in her prone state, aiming his gun at her. Pink-hued eyes stared back at him defiantly, hoping that whatever happened, Ilona had time to escape. Except, what she didn't expect, was Ilona making an attack. The man didn't expect it either, freezing as the blaster shot his weapon right out of his hands. Both the woman and their attacker stared at each other for just a moment, before both went scrambling for their fallen weapons. She grabbed hers first, aiming it quickly at the man just as he was grabbing his own. The spray of bullets slammed into his armor, knocking him back and into the wall.

They only had a precious few moments to spare, so the woman beckoned Ilona to follow her the rest of the way back to the room they had originally attempted to enter. Once there, it was apparent that it was some kind of transporter room, with arches that looked like they could be gateways to other worlds. Ilona's protector brushed her hair out of her eyes as she got to work at a nearby computer.

"This will only take a second," she said between deep breaths. "Watch the door, dear... and shoot if he appears."

Ilona was thankful her attack had done something after all. She chewed on her lip and waited, relieved when her rescuer was able to subdue their enemy for a moment. Realizing time was precious, Ilona rushed after the woman when beckoned forward and entered the room. She took a deep breath and nodded when her rescuer told her to shoot if the man entered, shakily holding up her blaster to point at the door.

"Y-Yes, I will, but we're almost out of here, right?"

I hope he doesn't come here. I don't want to shoot him. But even if I do, maybe his armor will protect him. I can't chicken out, not after we've made it this far...

"Very... very close..."

She couldn't keep the strain out of her voice.

Like some kind of monster, the man appeared in the doorway, holding his gun. He was almost silent as he stepped toward the pair. The woman didn't turn to him, her attention focused on getting the gateways started.

When the man entered the room once more, Ilona let out a gasp of worry and took a step back, her grip on the gun she held shaking intensely. "He's here, Miss!" she exclaimed, warning her companion. Ilona hesitated for a moment, uncertain she wanted to pull the trigger again.

I can do this. I have to do this. If I don't, we may not get out of here! Please, Sun, guide my hand. Help me be brave!

Although reluctant, Ilona squeezed the trigger again with all her might, pulling it once, twice, and even a third time. She tried to aim for only his limbs, but with how shaky her hand was it seemed likely that she would miss her targets.

The man seemed unfazed as Ilona aimed on him, calmly aiming on her in turn. Two shots went wide, while the third slammed into the man's shoulder, jerking him backward. "It's done!" cried the woman as he pulled his own trigger, the buckshot slamming into the side of the computer and shorted it out.

Despite the damage to the computer, a shiny silvery gleam began to emit from the center of one of the gateways, a portal opening up to take the two women away. Another shot went off, but Ilona was already being pulled away and into the portal. "I've set it so it will only take the both of us!"

"O-Okay!" Ilona cried back, feeling relieved that her rescuer had finished with the computer. She was tempted to ask where the woman would be taking them exactly, but didn't want to alert their enemy of where they would be going just in case he could follow them. The Coalition was her best guess seeing as how the woman said she had been in contact with them.

The princess then closed her eyes and waited, hoping that at any moment the two of them would be out of Umbrella and to somewhere safe.

In a flash of light, the two women disappeared, taken away to somewhere else in the multiverse...

---

Collab done with @Klutzy Ninja Kitty <3​

Last edited:
What a Mirror Can Not Match
A Collab Between: @Mason Moretti @Crow @Sen @Nater Taters @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva
Thanks to all of you guys

With careful words and kind hearts, Mason and his motley crew had freed Corrin at last. They convinced her sisters to part with their dear sibling and likewise for Corrin herself. The illusion collapsed around them and the crew found themselves supported by the same blue stained glass platforms.

Most of the illusions were at last shattered. Artyom, Train, Zen, Kido, Madoka, Cheza, Toboe, Robin and Corrin were all freed. In their freedom, they were returned to the black void that housed Mason's illusion. That is where we begin.

Mason follows the spiraling glass staircase back down the the tower he had fallen to before. Before him awaits a swirling mass of darkness.

The dark aura begins to build itself into a human form, twisting and molding until it matched Mason's height. A blue fire comes to life within the mass of darkness, mixing and molding along with it. The aura thins and shapes itself to form arms, legs, hands, feet and a head. The slimming continues, molding itself into a feminine form. The darkness opens its eyes, glowing with an eerie golden shine. I, the darkness that plagues Mason's heart, step down from my role as narrator and assume a more respectable form within this body.
img_2808-jpg.120453

"Hello, Mason. Long time no see."

"You've changed."

"So have you. It's been five long years rotting within the darkness in your heart, Mason. We've all got to grow up eventually. Now, aren't you going to introduce me to your new friends here? After all, I did just help save some of them."

"You deserve to go back and rot in that darkness!" A change has swept over Mason. His expression changes from its normal cheer into a seething anger. The light that shines from the stained glass pillar that supports the group grows red with his rage.

Kido was most surprised by the interaction between Mason and the odd entity.

WBJfeMo.png

"So uh... Mason... are you her dad* or something?"

glXTgGe.png

"Brother..." Madoka sighs, "We've been through this. I do not think that is what 'dad' means."

*Trivia: This is an in-series-based joke where Producer thinks that 'Dad' means 'foreign ex-boyfriend'. Over here. 0:33.

Mason is caught a little off guard by the comment. The entity just giggles. Stuttering a bit, he says, "N-No... Well, maybe you could say that, but it wouldn't exactly be true, it's more like she's a sister, but not quite that either..."

"Mason, you've beaten around the bush long enough. It's time to tell them the truth. Even if you want to destroy me, you first have to confront me."

Silence blankets the area atop the pillar. Mason scans the crowd of people who had joined him. These are people who will hopefully accept and support him. He takes a deep breath, trying to control his emotions. "Everyone... This... This is...

"Macy. Macy Moretti. The other half to my heart."

As he speaks these words, the aura around him dims. Light is stolen from the stained glass tower and the aura that surrounds Mason and Macy. The entire atmosphere is darkened, almost matching the void around them.

npCnKLN.png

"Like a sister but not quite...?" Zen sounded confused. Well, what else could she be? He stared at her for a few good seconds before beginning to list what the entity was to Mason.

"Wife? Crossdressing brother? Distant cousin? Your desire to be a female personified?"

"Or... a personality in your head come to life?"

He stepped a little closer to his friends as the world around them darkened, feeling a little uncomfortable with the change in atmosphere. If it really was a split personality... at least Zen knew a therapist who could deal with that.

AXHBCxB.png

"Whatever she is, you two have some sort of score to settle."

He sighed. "Speaking from personal experience, the sooner you confront it the better, Mason."

"I think you'd be most correct with the personification angle, Zen. I'm a piece of him, albeit one he wants to reject. The thing is, I'm still here, which means he hasn't rejected his desires entirely," Macy says.

"Why don't we settle things right now?"

"I agree. After all, this is a world of illusions. Why don't we show your friends the truth?" Macy snaps her fingers and the scene around them twists an turns, shaping a world of memories to play out before Mason's friends.

The scene is set in a lounge with carpeted floors and a small fire place with embers crackling softly. Adjacent to the fireplace is a well-aged, creaky rocking chair inhabited by a well-aged, creaky elderly woman. The woman has her gaze, traveling through the lenses of delicate, with glasses, fixed upon a young Mason, no older than fifteen. His hair is almost pumpkin orange, with its black streaks not yet dyed in. Nor are there his trademark cape and the World's Heart. He is young, but the same fire burned in his eyes. It is unmistakably Mason.

The old woman barked at Mason,
"Is this the best you can give us? An embarrassment to the family, is that what you want to be remembered as? I expected more of you. I thought you might take after your father and be a real Moretti."

A tear rolls down Mason's cheek. With a sniffle, he says, "Grandma, I can't help who I am! I didn't mean to be an embarrassment. I can still be strong, I promise! Even if... Even if I'm a little girly, that doesn't mean I can't make you all proud! You're strong in aura, aren't you?"

"I'm strong because I don't waste time being confused and scared! Do you think being a woman made it any easier to be strong? You... you're disrespecting everything I worked so hard for!"

"I didn't mean to disrespect..."

"But you did, Mason. You decided it was a good idea to dress up like a little girl and now you have to pay the price for that."

Soft sobs escape the young Mason's lips. He is on the verge of bursting into steams of tears and his heart is twisting violently inside of him. Wiping away the welling tears and silencing his sobs, he responds, "I'll fix this. I'll fix my mistake."

The scene melts away, returning to the illusion of the heart. Mason has fallen to his hands and knees, ready to burst into tears like his younger self.

Macy addresses the group, saying,
"The power of aura, the power of the Moretti's, comes at a price. It's not easy to control. Mason wanted to be able to control it. Therefore, he had to control me."

Mason cries out, "What does it matter 'why' I did it?! It happened, and you just had to show them all my past! I finally escaped it! I could finally make friends! Now they're going to hate me! They won't understand!"

Artyom glared coldly at Macy, why was she doing this? Mason was a good person, he didn't deserve this kind of thing to happen to him, he had helped save Artyom, so the least he could do was step in on Mason's behalf.

"Stop this...at once, can't you see what you're doing is bothering Mason? Why are you doing this anyway, what has Mason done, or not done to deserve this kind of treatment?"

Cheza remained silent for the most part. Quietly, her gaze would rest on Mason, concerned. Toboe who stood beside her, growled at Macy with a glare mirroring Artyom's.

"Mason. You say we will hate you...but you don't know that...this one one knows she'd never hate you." the Flower Maiden said before looking to Macy, clearly upset and bothered as to why they were so intent to hurt him.

"Leave him be, as Artyom asked." her voice was soft, but stern as she spoke.

"You want to know what Mason has done? Fine. I suppose I have my own torturous illusions to go through in this world. Mason, you're really proud of your actions. Why don't you show them what happened?"

"Gladly," Mason says with a snap of his fingers. This time, though, the scene around them doesn't change.

Instead, the forms of Mason and Macy are traded out for their younger, fifteen-year-old variants. Mason's black streaks fade and his hair becomes wild and unkempt. Macy's blue locks are tied back into twin pigtails. The two of them are standing at the edge of the station platform, with Macy's back facing the dark void below. The light coming from the stained glass station darkens beneath Mason's feet.

Mason's arm is outsretched. In his hand is a cold, hard lump of death and metal: a pistol. The barrel of the gun is pressed up against Macy's head as she's quivering with fear.
"Mason, please! You don't have to do this!"

"Yes, I do. There's no room in my life for your weakness. Being feminine for even a moment ruined my life. I can't allow any more. I'm sorry, Macy. I... I don't want to do this, but I have to. I promise, for us, that I'll grow strong. This won't be in vain."

"We can be strong together!"

"We've already lost the chance of that. This world doesn't accept people like us. One of us has to go."

"We could find a new world that will accept us!"

"Then wherever you're headed, I hope you find that world."

A trigger is pulled. A shot rings through the air. A body falls backwards off a platform and into darkness below. The body fights. More shots fire. The body ceases its struggle and sinks into despair.

Returning from the vision, Mason stands still peering over the edge, breathing heavily. "I wasn't... I wasn't wrong, was I? I did the right thing?"

tumblr_inline_nl0khdRM4C1r3leyb.png

"Wrong or not, what's done has been done," Train would add in, tightening a fist. "Mason, you're our friend. We accept you, the good parts, bad parts, and everything in between. But that doesn't matter. You need to... accept yourself and look at yourself the way we look at you. You're a brave person, a friend of the Coalition. We have your back."

"See? They're our friends. All of them. And you'll only gain more. I'm not saying that you have to let me take over. I'm not saying you have to jump right into being a girl. It's a transition, and maybe one that will never be complete, but you have to accept me. We can work together! We can become someone great! However, the more you reject me, the worse off you'll be. I'm a part of you. Trying to kill me is like trying to chop off an arm or a leg. It'll do nothing but handicap you. If you're honest with yourself and honest with others, they'll learn to accept us. We've finally found our home, our safe haven. Let's get out of this illusion and we can start working towards a new you. Not all at once. It starts with a bit of happiness and acceptance. Are you ready for that?"

"No."

"Can we please not drag this out any longer?"

"How do I know you're not an illusion? How do I know that this isn't a trick for me to fall into complacency and acceptance? You have all my friends here telling me to relax and accept it? Am I accepting my fate, or my doom?"

"Well... I... I can't..."

WBJfeMo.png

"So... uh... what happened after that exactly? Did your soul live on in his heart? Did you pass into the afterlife? How are you appearing here exactl-"

Madoka covered Kido's mouth.

glXTgGe.png

"I have had a rather rough past I am not very proud of. I too, had a sibling I used to... not be very proud of."

"You do?"

"Yes, I do. Anyways, I've treating this sibling rather horribly back in the past. I looked down on him... because... I never did want him. I saw him as inferior. But as time passed, I learned to appreciate him, and learned to atone for my past wrongdoings...

Mason, whether or not you wish to reunite with Macy is your decision, much like how it was mine back then. Different circumstances, different people. But I am saying - your wrongdoings in the past will soon matter little, as long as you continue to move forward and do what is right. That is why, no matter how much the past haunts me, I march towards the future with flag in hand!

What do you believe is the right choice, Mason?"

"When were you this cryptic, sister?"

"What works for you and me may not work for him. We shall await the decision."

Robin cleared his throat and stepped forward. "Don't do it, Mason." He said. "This is an illusion, just like Doctor Shields was. She's trying to get you to join her. You told me not to take the medicine, not to take what he gave me. You can do this without obeying her." He put his hand on his sword. "You helped me break free, as did everyone else. It's my turn to help you. You're a valuable ally to us, to the UN, and to the Coalition.You don't have to listen to her."

He took a breath. "Mason, just relax... We can deal with this peacefully. I want you to step back, and break yourself free, like you told me to. You're strong enough that you can without listening to her. If I am able to, you are able to."

Mason calms himself through his friends' words and speaks to Macy firmly, "I can accept that Macy existed in my heart at one point or another, but I can't accept your reality. You did a real good job. You brought real people here to assist the Illusion, not fight it. I'll work towards healing my heart; I can promise that. I even have friends here to help me. Unfortunately, evidence shows that you're not real.

"Five years ago, Macy, I 'killed' you, or the idea of you, by throwing you out of my heart and into darkness. Even if you're the real Macy, the only way you could survive is by becoming a user of dark aura yourself. With that in mind, I can't allow you into my heart.

"If you are the real Macy, you'll free us from this illusion. The healing I need can't be done here. Let us go."

For a moment, Macy has no reply. Her face displace grief and anguish. She's shocked with disbelief. She slowly works her way into a response, shaking and stuttering, "Y-y-you c-can't really bel-lieve I'm-m jus-st an illusion, r-r-right? Uh, sure, I can m-man-nipulate the illusion, but that does-does-doesn't mean I'm...

"Toboe, you can trust me, right? You can see that I'm real?! Artyom, Train, I helped you two free our friends! Corrin, you of all people should know what it's like to have your heart torn in two different directions!

"Please, somebody tell Mason that he's wrong! I deserve to live!"

WBJfeMo.png

"Alright, I've got a good question. This usually works. If you're the real Macy, name one thing you know that Mason doesn't," Kido smiles with confidence.

"Well, um, that's not really easy," Macy stutters in an attempt to reply, "because Mason and I should share all the same memories, right?"

"You spent five years trapped within darkness and you expect me to believe that you have all the same memories I do? Not a chance. Plus, there are plenty of things 'Macy' should know, like how she likes to wear her hair, what she looks for in a guy, or a girl, how to rock a dress, et cetera. Macy, whatever you are, you're still an illusion, and a pretty poor one at that."

latest

Toboe fidgetted as Macy spoke to him. He almost felt bad for her. Almost. But, he knew what he needed to say.

"Sometimes, people, parts of people die...it's sad but everything will eventually die one way or another." Toboe replied.

"This is Mason's choice. He can be strong and grow without you and I'll stand behind whatever he believes in." he added, lips pursed as he gave a firm look.

Macy and Mason both look at Toboe, then back at each other, with a knowing glance. They know that what he says is true.

"Well, Mason, I had hoped we could do things peacefully. I really did! I wanted us to get along, but you've forced me..."

Macy's sentence is cut short by an unhealthy amount of glowing energy claymore suddenly finding its way into her chest cavity. Mason sighs and says, "Macy, we're done here. I don't want a big emotional boss battle, nor do I want to go Berserker again. You had a good run. I'll find the real you, I promise. Guys, it's time to blow this joint."

Removing the aura-built sword from Macy's chest summons cracks in the fabric of the illusion around them. The cracks spread across everything in sight until the stress can not be handled and it all

shatters

glass.

Mason's Illusion Is Broken
Freemasons Restored To Consciousness

There IS a "real Macy" out there somewhere in the multiverse, as the one on this post was merely an illusion. She exists as Mason's Heartless, sort of. She exists by the absence of a single piece of Mason's heart, although the true memories and essence of Macy are still locked away inside Mason, waiting to be restored. She exists because aura is kind of like a shortcut. Yes, Mason's aura gives him a great amount of power, but it comes at a price. The original price for Mason's powers to unlock was explained in Sunrise Chapter Alpha. Macy stands as a metaphor for the prices paid, and will probably be "paid back with interest" at a later point in this version of Mason's development. Yes, I said "this version," as other versions do exist. My personal canon is the Many Worlds interpretation of the multiverse, which means that there are other Masons in other worlds whose lives developed differently. There are Macy's who accept their role. There are Macy's born as Macy. There are Mason's who never have to face this struggle and never have a Macy. So, while these events happen to Murder!Mason, other "Mason's" I play in other RPs may not have this character arc.

@Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Nater Taters @Sen @Takumi for working on this collab with me. I really appreciate it. ~A

Continued from here.

latest

The familiar, dim lights of the Coalition Holding Cells would perhaps be one of the first things the group would notice upon escaping the illusions conjured by the dying mist of Silent Earth, or rather, the illusion of it. It would take a while to recover from illusions spurred on by another illusion, but when you would all retain your senses, you would all find yourself in yet another peculiar spot, right out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The fire being that, of course, everyone was trapped in the cells, as expected, blocked off by energy barriers.

Some might get a sense of deja vu, as it only seemed like just an hour or two earlier that everyone had been trapped in holding cells for what they'd believed was an Umbrella Facility on Silent Earth. Unfortunately, the group would find that not everyone made it through their illusions. Nemo, Astaroth, Qrow, Bradley, and Jak were all in various states between a coma and death.

Groaning, Kyoko would rub her head as she'd awaken, before gingerly getting back to her feet. However, she wouldn't even give herself a moment, not hesitating to observe her surroundings, scowling at her predicament.

kiri030.png

"Tch... So then, it seems that the threat of Umbrella wasn't an illusion then. Is everyone okay?"

Waking next to Kyoko, Makoto said little as he slowly got up to his feet. It was curious sight, to see the familiar holding cells renovated to look like the cells from the Umbrella facility illusion.

GbsywnJ.png

"Absolutely wonderful," Ritsuko replied in a somewhat acerbic manner in just the next holding cell over.

Meanwhile, Shiki was still out cold. There went the most convenient way out of the cells, at least for the time being.

htGIV6F.png

Letting out a loud groan, Kieran stood to his feet. He held his hands out in front of him, flexing his fingers in annoyance. "Telling me I couldn't even have a real axe...?"

"That they went through the trouble of putting us under..." Shepard began to say, rubbing at her forehead. Her gaze went up toward the ceiling as she examined their cell. "Means we can escape. Shiki's out, anyone else have some idea?"

izsst35.png

"Maybe if we pray hard enough, a dashing white knight in shining armor will come to help us in our time of need," Uhura sighed with a bitterly sarcastic edge.

ZZZT.

Lo and behold, speak of the devil, before anyone would be able to say any more, the energy barriers would abruptly cut out and disappear, as though someone had entered the holding areas and deliberately deactivated the barriers, exposing everyone to the hall outside and freeing them.

"First of all before anyone says anything. Fuck you. And second of all when my trial do start this better be on the record. Just sayin'."

"..."

iLrvHLY.png

Ocelot could only furrow his brow as Handsome Jack stood before everyone, the unlikely savior of everyone. It would seem that the man believed by freeing everyone, his sentence would be retroactively lightened for his good deeds. It was easy to assume that from someone as self-serving as Jack, but one didn't even need to know him as well as Ocelot did to think about that.

After standing to his feet and gingerly stepping out, looking around to see if this was some odd prank being pulled, it seemed that Jack's intentions were rather straight. It could easily be assumed that Jack had eventually been freed by Umbrella, as they believed he'd work with them as freely as Hisoka would have, wherever that jester even was, but he had ulterior motives.

Pursing his lips, Ocelot would give a thoughtful nod at Jack's words, moving closer to their unlikely savior, as his cell was the one directly in front of Jack.

WHAM!

Of course, that was just a white lie, at least from Ocelot, as immediately after talking, he would throw a powerful right hook right into Jack's face, knocking him into the ground and seemingly rendering him unconscious instantly. After that, the young soldier would rub his fist, looking down at the unconscious man.

S0rkA0q.jpg

"... I don't know whether to think of that man as extremely naive or Ocelot as extremely foolish," Carissa commented idly, before also standing up and leaving her cell, clearing her throat, "Come now, everyone. We mustn't waste any time while Umbrella presumably believes that we are still trapped. Time is of the essence."

"Then I suggest we split up in the same manner as before," Shepard said quickly, taking a place at the head of the group. "A group with Kyoko should make their way to the Medical Bay and see if the other members of the Coalition are still there. In their efforts to take over the base, Umbrella would have had no time to move those already here. Chances are, that's why we were put into cells."

"The Security Station. We'll see about getting the group equipped for the fight ahead. From there, we'll be meeting back up at the Lounge. If that is compromised, the Gateway Rooms. An assault on the Command Center will proceed once we're together again."

Makoto let out a sigh. He didn't exactly want to split up from Kyoko after their time in the illusion, but it was for the best. They needed to split up, and there was still tension between the two ideologies...

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Krieg @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb
"Saber. Go with them."

Saber Alter blinked in confusion as she cocked her head. Lucifer stared back as he said quietly.

"These four aren't all dead yet. Till they are, someone has to stick around here and make sure they're safe, that Umbrella doesn't kill them out of spite. I'll join later, when there's no other option."

She didn't like it, but she hesitated before speaking.

"....Are you sure? After...."

He met her eyes and smiled, wearily in return.

"I'll be alright....I think. Go."

Saber nodded and turned to follow Makoto's group to the security room. Leaders were still her priority here, and if they were protecting the means to arm themselves, they would need her strength. To the others heading for the medical wing, she called out.

"Good fortune! We will meet in death or glory!"

Lucifer closed his eyes and stepped back into the shadows, vanishing from sight.

@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Bomb @Others​

Continued from here.

latest

kiri030.png

GbsywnJ.png

htGIV6F.png

izsst35.png

ZZZT.

"..."

iLrvHLY.png

WHAM!

S0rkA0q.jpg

Bekka and Lois would walk out of the cell past the unconscious Handsome Jack. "I admire him for thinking outside of the box, but what did he expect to happen?"

"I guess he realized that if Umbrella wins that would put the entire multiverse in jeopardy."

"Fair enough." Says Bekka as both followed after Makoto.

@Atomyk

WBJfeMo.png

"Woo! WE SAVED THE WORLD! That was one hell of a drug trip, huh guys- oh. OK. I see..."

Kido looks in front of him - energy bars, but no one surrounding him.

"Oh, one of these huh? Guess I have to find a way to cut the circuits and-"

The energy bars vanished into nothingness, allowing Kido to leave. But who was it? Why it was none other than Handsome Jack!

"Ah! Handsome Jack of the Rapture Incident! This is for- wait, how did you get out?"

Before the answer could be provided, he was knocked out by Revolver Ocelot.

"Guess we'll never know."

glXTgGe.png

"The world is still unsaved. We have a lot to do," Madoka indicates.

"When do we not?" Kido pouts, then walks towards Shizuo. "Hey, Shizuo! Thanks for the tip earlier. I don't know what I'd do without that little bit of advice you and Father Lucifer wherever he is right now provided."

He looks at the way Shizuo was going.

"Guess I'm going the same way too, I have a little birdwatching to do. Instead of sitting ducks, I'll be sitting crows! Crows made from pure silver, to be precise.."

"A little concerned about that robotic patient?" Madoka walks towards her younger brother and places her hand on his shoulder. "Very well then. Let us go together."

"Nihi~ certainly," Kido grins. He then does the 'camera fingers' thing, with Kyoko's back in his sights. "Nihihi~ That's the real deal alright. I don't think she's going to brutally kick me to the floor and call the cops any second now. That's how you know it's a legit Ms Kirigiri."

"I have several question," Madoka responds, scratching her head and appearing slightly worried.

Nevertheless, the Producer siblings followed Kyoko to the Medical Bay.

@Verite @The Tactician @Mason Moretti @Sen @Crow @Minerva @Takumi @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ringmaster@KyokoKrew @MedicalBay

Continued from here.

latest

kiri030.png

GbsywnJ.png

htGIV6F.png

izsst35.png

ZZZT.

"..."

iLrvHLY.png

WHAM!

S0rkA0q.jpg

Robin took a second to analyze his hand now that they were out of the illusion. He scraped a bit of skin off of the back of his hand to make sure he wasn't still dreaming. It made him wince in pain, but it worked. He stepped out of his cell.

"Come on, Corrin." He said. "Let's head to the Medical Bay. Make sure everything's alright.

Corrin stepped out with her sword in hand. She nodded and began to follow him.

@Atomyk @Verite @Medical Bay

Mason wakes up with a jolt in a cold sweat. He takes a few strained breaths as he searches around the area, finding himself in the Coalition Holding Cells. Mallets pound the inside of his head and ring bells in his ears. He struggles to stand. The voices around him are fuzzy and filled with static, but the words "Kyoko" and "Med Bay" make it through. He elects to head in that direction, following behind the Producers, Corrin and Robin.

Trying to break through the fog in his head, he asks, "Do you guys... Remember what just happened? That... That was all fake, right, Robin?"

#Medical Bay #Kyoko Krew
@Minerva @Crow

Victoria smiled and followed along, stepping outside the door with Stiles into an overwhelming light. She put up a hand to shield her eyes from the light, waiting a moment as the world around them materialized. There was no need to drive to the hill, for it was already appearing around them. Victoria looked to Stiles with a need.

"Isn't this nice?
Stiles didn't shield his eyes, not knowing about the bright light and he paused. He didn't understand. Where had the hill come from? What about Eichen House or Void Stiles? He then snapped back into reality and realized what was happening. He had been in an illusion this whole time and it hurt to know that was the truth. He wanted it to be real

" It isn't real, none of this," he said.
Once the illusion was broken, he ventured towards the Security Station.

@Atomyk

Scott headed for the medical bay. He was worried about the others too.
@Minerva @Crow @Verite @ Mason Moretti

Cheza and Toboe's illusion was broken with help from both Train and Artyom.

Though, the two were greatly bothered and saddened by their shared illusion. They put their feelings aside when Mason needed their help. Luckily the illusion was broken and the group had been freed.

Cheza was the first to wake, sitting up she glanced around groggily. Toboe had woken up moments afterwards and noticed some of the members from the Kyoko group heading to the medical bay. Standing he helped Cheza to her feet and followed the medical bay group.

@Atomyk @Verite @Mason Moretti @Crow @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Anybody I missed

Mason wakes up with a jolt in a cold sweat. He takes a few strained breaths as he searches around the area, finding himself in the Coalition Holding Cells. Mallets pound the inside of his head and ring bells in his ears. He struggles to stand. The voices around him are fuzzy and filled with static, but the words "Kyoko" and "Med Bay" make it through. He elects to head in that direction, following behind the Producers, Corrin and Robin.

Trying to break through the fog in his head, he asks, "Do you guys... Remember what just happened? That... That was all fake, right, Robin?"

#Medical Bay #Kyoko Krew
@Minerva @Crow

"Fake. Trust me, it was all fake..."

The tone seemed almost bitter as Shizuo spoke up. It seemed the experience of the illusion had affected him deeper than previously thought.​

632a5d428b205b1691d41d9bb8973b95.jpg

Infiltrating the base was an odd sensation, especially for the actual Coalition members. The feeling of having to discreetly navigate around a place that was once identified as a friendly area, now occupied and overtaken by the enemy forces known as Umbrella. One had to think about how meticulously planned this scheme had to be, how long they had waited to pull something off like this, who helped them, and just how they managed to pull all this off, though ultimately, there was little time for that at the moment.

However, the good news was that advantage belonged to them right now.

Not only did everyone have the element of surprise on their side, due to the Umbrella forces presumably believing them to still be stuck in the holding cells for the time being, but the Coalition members were aware of the place's layout, so navigating wasn't so hard, and by extension, predicting any guard patrol patterns would prove to be predictable, and every one-off guard that would happen to be patrolling the halls would manage to be dispatched by you all quickly enough without too much of a hassle. The simple fact that they had enough men to spare to send walking around to patrol empty halls was hopefully enough to give a small idea of just what kind of hold they had on the base.

kiri053.png

"..."

Those who would follow Kyoko would follow her towards the Medical Bay, where one could only assume that the rest of the Coalition members around were being held hostage. True enough, upon sneaking into the Med Bay, advising stealth for the time being, not wanting to alert every single guard at once, Kyoko would expectedly take the lead, leaning up against the wall and walking along it, advising the others silently to do the same for the time being.

She'd stop at the edge of the wall, before focusing her hearing to listen to what went on beyond, right around the corner. Everyone who would listen in would be able to get a rough idea of what was going on. Shuffling footsteps indicated a small number of guards, one set of footsteps heavier than the others, possibly the ringleader, judging from the confidence oozing from his steps. At least, that's what your very own Ultimate Detective was able to gather, at any rate. And then, before long, voices...

"Hey, so could you loosen the binds a little? You never told me the safe word, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd just go ahead and let me go," a feminine voice spoke. One might recognize the one speaking as Gwen Stacy, alternatively known as Spider-Woman or Spider-Gwen, evidently a captive.

SA_Krauser.jpg

"Quiet, you. If you keep yapping, it'll be your neck I'll be loosening up instead," an authoritative voice said. Anyone who would peek their head around to see who spoke then would see a tall, well-built blonde man.

Gwen would slump down on the ground where she sat, arms bound behind her back by metallic cuffs, glowing with some light, presumably indicating that they had the capacity for shock therapy. That said, she would put on a pouty face, the young woman unmasked.

SKRV3zt.png

"Nice. I'm glad we had this talk."

Around her, a number of other hostages would be visible as well, including Nurse Akiko Yosano, Byakuya Togami, Chisa Yukizome, on top of the ones already confined to the Med Bay as a result of Ilona's explosion earlier, such as the comatose Jennifer.

The man wouldn't respond to Gwen, simply sneering and going back to walking around the bay, letting out a sigh. "Nice tech they have here... Our little spy friend was right on the money. We won't have any trouble resurfacing with these kinds of resources on our side."

kiri015.png

"..."

After assessing the situation, Kyoko would look back at you, not saying a word, but simply giving a nod, as though giving the okay to make a move.

@The Tactician @Mason Moretti @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Medical Bay

Infiltrating the base was an odd sensation, especially for the actual Coalition members. The feeling of having to discreetly navigate around a place that was once identified as a friendly area, now occupied and overtaken by the enemy forces known as Umbrella. One had to think about how meticulously planned this scheme had to be, how long they had waited to pull something off like this, who helped them, and just how they managed to pull all this off, though ultimately, there was little time for that at the moment.

Not only did everyone have the element of surprise on their side, due to the Umbrella forces presumably believing them to still be stuck in the holding cells for the time being, but the Coalition members were aware of the place's layout, so navigating wasn't so hard, and by extension, predicting any guard patrol patterns would prove to be predictable, and every one-off guard that would happen to be patrolling the halls would manage to be dispatched by you all quickly enough without too much of a hassle. The simple fact that they had enough men to spare to send walking around to patrol empty halls was hopefully enough to give a small idea of just what kind of hold they had on the base.

kiri053.png

"..."

Those who would follow Kyoko would follow her towards the Medical Bay, where one could only assume that the rest of the Coalition members around were being held hostage. True enough, upon sneaking into the Med Bay, advising stealth for the time being, not wanting to alert every single guard at once, Kyoko would expectedly take the lead, leaning up against the wall and walking along it, advising the others silently to do the same for the time being.

She'd stop at the edge of the wall, before focusing her hearing to listen to what went on beyond, right around the corner. Everyone who would listen in would be able to get a rough idea of what was going on. Shuffling footsteps indicated a small number of guards, one set of footsteps heavier than the others, possibly the ringleader, judging from the confidence oozing from his steps. At least, that's what your very own Ultimate Detective was able to gather, at any rate. And then, before long, voices...

"Hey, so could you loosen the binds a little? You never told me the safe word, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd just go ahead and let me go," a feminine voice spoke. One might recognize the one speaking as Gwen Stacy, alternatively known as Spider-Woman or Spider-Gwen, evidently a captive.

SA_Krauser.jpg

"Quiet, you. If you keep yapping, it'll be your neck I'll be loosening up instead," an authoritative voice said. Anyone who would peek their head around to see who spoke then would see a tall, well-built blonde man.

Gwen would slump down on the ground where she sat, arms bound behind her back by metallic cuffs, glowing with some light, presumably indicating that they had the capacity for shock therapy. That said, she would put on a pouty face, the young woman unmasked.

SKRV3zt.png

Around her, a number of other hostages would be visible as well, including Nurse Akiko Yosano, Byakuya Togami, Chisa Yukizome, on top of the ones already confined to the Med Bay as a result of Ilona's explosion earlier, such as the comatose Jennifer.

The man wouldn't respond to Gwen, simply sneering and going back to walking around the bay, letting out a sigh. "Nice tech they have here... Our little spy friend was right on the money. We won't have any trouble resurfacing with these kinds of resources on our side."

kiri015.png

"..."

After assessing the situation, Kyoko would look back at you, not saying a word, but simply giving a nod, as though giving the okay to make a move.

@The Tactician @Mason Moretti @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Medical Bay
Darn it. The enemies seem to be in the room. With Zidane carrying the now unconscious Bibi, he wasn't sure if he should make a move. He gestured at the dagger strapped on his side towards everyone else, signaling that they can borrow it in case if they need it.

@The Tactician @Mason Moretti @Takumi@LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Ringmaster@Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @mobile post @Medical Bay​

kiri053.png

"..."

SA_Krauser.jpg

SKRV3zt.png

kiri015.png

"..."

AXHBCxB.png

Zen had quietly followed Kyoko's group to the Medical Bay, keeping close and making sure not to stray too far. It would have been bad if he had been singled out on his own, he'd be beaten to a pulp! Especially since he was working for the Coalition... it was so odd to be sneaking around despite this place having once been where many people walked around freely, talking normal things and... not moving around like mice.
EdlHGPH.png

And now they had their injured as well. And people he recognized, but did not know personally. From the way that Umbrella member spoke, they sounded quite happy to see the resources the Coalition had - and planned to use them?
That was bad news.
But Zen wasn't the type to rush in headfirst, either. Instead, he drew his gun, waiting for someone to follow in with. If he didn't have the guts to charge in first, then he would back them up.

@The Tactician @Mason Moretti @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Ringmaster @Bomb @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Medical Bay​

Siding with Makoto's group, Wynne stood tall as she look at the young man.

"We must make haste. The longer we wait, the more dangerous this mission becomes. Finding Ilona is first and foremost, however, I must admit. The fact no of us has seen Wanda in awhile? It.....troubles me. Such a power mage in such a weakened state as she was, it worries me. The corner rat will do anything to escape the cat. Especially if it not of its senses."

Wynne's words hinted at some sort of fear she had as her eyes ceiling, a sigh escaping her mouth.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Verite @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9

Miko's ideals deadset, the scarlet haired woman had regathered herself while she moved silently to join Makoto's group with a feeling of dread overhanging her. She was still tired from the aftereffects of her earlier rumble road. And it showed, with low pants escaping her at times. At carrying her along in the middle of the group with little effort in response as she focused merely on keeping up for the moment.

kiri053.png

"..."

SA_Krauser.jpg

SKRV3zt.png

kiri015.png

"..."

Darn it. The enemies seem to be in the room. With Zidane carrying the now unconscious Bibi, he wasn't sure if he should make a move. He gestured at the dagger strapped on his side towards everyone else, signaling that they can borrow it in case if they need it.

@The Tactician @Mason Moretti @Takumi@LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Ringmaster@Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @mobile post @Medical Bay​

AXHBCxB.png

Zen had quietly followed Kyoko's group to the Medical Bay, keeping close and making sure not to stray too far. It would have been bad if he had been singled out on his own, he'd be beaten to a pulp! Especially since he was working for the Coalition... it was so odd to be sneaking around despite this place having once been where many people walked around freely, talking normal things and... not moving around like mice.
EdlHGPH.png

And now they had their injured as well. And people he recognized, but did not know personally. From the way that Umbrella member spoke, they sounded quite happy to see the resources the Coalition had - and planned to use them?
That was bad news.
But Zen wasn't the type to rush in headfirst, either. Instead, he drew his gun, waiting for someone to follow in with. If he didn't have the guts to charge in first, then he would back them up.

@The Tactician @Mason Moretti @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Ringmaster @Bomb @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Medical Bay​

Mason's head, cleared up from its fog, began forming a plan. Kyoko had given the order to strike and their allies were captured within his room, therefore he had to do something to attack. He saw around him friends that he had fought with inside the illusions. Although that world had been fake, he assumed that their convictions were real. If Mason led a charge, he was sure his allies would follow.

Seeing the dagger Bibi had gave Mason an idea. Focusing his aura, he counted the number of enemies within the Med Bay and created a dagger out of aura for each. Holding them all in hand, he inched up towards the edge of the wall.

He jumped out from behind the corner and, with a single forceful throw, threw all of the daggers in his hands at once. Through the force of his powers, they fanned out and each shot in a straight line towards its target. They were almost guaranteed to hit, but not guaranteed to hit anything vital, especially on the ringmaster.

Prepared for retaliation, Mason threw up a
barrier to protect himself and any of his allies as they leave the safety of the wall's edge.

#Medical Bay #Kyoko Krew #Free Masons
Aura Inventory: Daggers, Barrier
Aura Power: 100%>(Daggers, Barrier)>65%

@Bomb @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Minerva @Nater Taters @Ringmaster @Sen @The Tactician @Takumi @Verite

Last edited by a moderator:

kiri053.png

"..."

SA_Krauser.jpg

SKRV3zt.png

kiri015.png

"..."

Mason's head, cleared up from its fog, began forming a plan. Kyoko had given the order to strike and their allies were captured within his room, therefore he had to do something to attack. He saw around him friends that he had fought with inside the illusions. Although that world had been fake, he assumed that their convictions were real. If Mason led a charge, he was sure his allies would follow.

Seeing the dagger Bibi had gave Mason an idea. Focusing his aura, he counted the number of enemies within the Med Bay and created a dagger out of aura for each. Holding them all in hand, he inched up towards the edge of the wall.

He jumped out from behind the corner and, with a single forceful throw, threw all of the daggers in his hands at once. Through the force of his powers, they fanned out and each shot in a straight line towards its target. They were almost guaranteed to hit, but not guaranteed to hit anything vital, especially on the ringmaster.

barrier to protect himself and any of his allies as they leave the safety of the wall's edge.

@Bomb @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Minerva @Nater Taters @Ringmaster @Sen @The Tactician @Takumi @Verite
As the others seemed cautious with their attacks except for Mason, Shizuo wasn't one for subtlety. As Mason threw up his barrier, the bartender was jumping forward, charging at the man who seemed to be in charge while grabbing one of the examination tables and swinging it like a club.

054.png

"HEY, ASSHOLE, THINK FAST!"

The challenging roar was all the warning the bastard would receive before the makeshift club came in to slam into his gut if he didn't move fast enough.

kiri053.png

"..."

SA_Krauser.jpg

SKRV3zt.png

kiri015.png

"..."

l.jpg

Toboe's illusionary disguise fell as he stood, ready to pounce on any of their enemies if necessary.

toboeRun.gif~c200

Once Mason and Shizuo attacked Toboe would follow with a snarl, charging forward before leaping through the air in an arc as he sought to sink his fangs into the blonde brute's shoulder! He hoped that his weight would be enough to knock the Umbrella soldier onto the floor at least.

@Verite @Mason Moretti @The Tactician @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Sen @Minerva @Bomb @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

Reactions: The Myrmidon
As the others seemed cautious with their attacks except for Mason, Shizuo wasn't one for subtlety. As Mason threw up his barrier, the bartender was jumping forward, charging at the man who seemed to be in charge while grabbing one of the examination tables and swinging it like a club.

054.png

"HEY, ASSHOLE, THINK FAST!"

The challenging roar was all the warning the bastard would receive before the makeshift club came in to slam into his gut if he didn't move fast enough.

l.jpg

Toboe's illusionary disguise fell as he stood, ready to pounce on any of their enemies if necessary.

toboeRun.gif~c200

Once Mason and Shizuo attacked Toboe would follow with a snarl, charging forward before leaping through the air in an arc as he sought to sink his fangs into the blonde brute's shoulder! He hoped that his weight would be enough to knock the Umbrella soldier onto the floor at least.

@Verite @Mason Moretti @The Tactician @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Sen @Minerva @Bomb @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9

WBJfeMo.webp

Slamming his palm on his face, Kido comments, "no stealth, huh? Alrighty then..."

He prepares the dagger provided by Mason for combat, then strikes a pose as an odd, humanoid aura appears behind him. Kyoko would get a feeling of deja vu should she look at it.

GbrWrfk.webp

"Impossible, impossible, impossible, impossible..."

With that, Kido releases melodic tunes directed at the odd, supposed blonde enemy man, in an attempt to make him drowsy or put him to sleep.

"... not impossible enough..."

Madoka, on the other hand...

glXTgGe.webp

"They have lost the element of surprise, but we haven't... Zen, get ready."

Madoka looks at Mason's provided aura dagger, then continues to hide.

"I have doubt that it'll be that easy."

@Verite @Mason Moretti @The Tactician @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Sen @Minerva @Bomb @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @KyokoKrew

Status
Not open for further replies.