• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'LL KILL ANY ENEMIES AT THE DOOR!" I typed and immediately rushed out with my pistol, intending on securing the door.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Hospes @Sen @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @dark@Bomb @Chewy Rabbits @Mason Moretti @Storage Room

"I'll go with the oaf, so that he doesn't end up getting all of us killed." Bekka replied. She was quite excited to use her sword against any Umbrella grunts foolish enough to try and stop them.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Hospes @Sen @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @dark@Bomb @Chewy Rabbits @Mason Moretti @Storage Room

kiri007.png

"?"

Kyoko blinked in surprise when Mason would so suddenly appear before the group, stopping her and warning of her of potential dangers that might lurk before them all. The young woman, surprised at his sudden appearance, had to take a small while to produce a reply, before managing to bring it out.

"I... appreciate your concern, Moretti, but I'm aware of the potential danger. I didn't become the Ultimate Detective by being reckless, after all, but I also didn't become it by chickening out when the answer was right in front of me. I have to play it smart, and I think I'm doing well so far. After all, I have good company," she stated, looking at Mason, and then alternating her gaze between the rest of the group.

"It may sound reckless to say that I'm putting my life in your hands, but I think it's more a testament of how I believe in my comrades to protect me. I believe in you all enough. My faith isn't misguided, is it?"

len01_zpsa78578ea.png

"..."

Len silently gave a thumbs up in response.

"Now then... We should go on, if that's it. You can huddle me back to the middle if you so desire, but we have to keep going."

@Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Jeremi @Crow @Nater Taters @Holding Room 2

"We'll follow your lead, Kyoko." Lois replied stepping in front of her, rationalizing the fact that she was clearly the most powerful member here right now to protect them in case more trouble arises. "Allow me to be your shield for the time being."

kiri007.png

"?"

Kyoko blinked in surprise when Mason would so suddenly appear before the group, stopping her and warning of her of potential dangers that might lurk before them all. The young woman, surprised at his sudden appearance, had to take a small while to produce a reply, before managing to bring it out.

"I... appreciate your concern, Moretti, but I'm aware of the potential danger. I didn't become the Ultimate Detective by being reckless, after all, but I also didn't become it by chickening out when the answer was right in front of me. I have to play it smart, and I think I'm doing well so far. After all, I have good company," she stated, looking at Mason, and then alternating her gaze between the rest of the group.

"It may sound reckless to say that I'm putting my life in your hands, but I think it's more a testament of how I believe in my comrades to protect me. I believe in you all enough. My faith isn't misguided, is it?"

len01_zpsa78578ea.png

"..."

Len silently gave a thumbs up in response.

"Now then... We should go on, if that's it. You can huddle me back to the middle if you so desire, but we have to keep going."

@Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Jeremi @Crow @Nater Taters @Holding Room 2

Mason takes a second to process what Kyoko says and responds, "Alright, Ultimate Detective. You've survived murder games... You know what you're doing. There is no turning back at this point until we've uncovered everything. Lead the way. Just let me know if you need anything." Mason takes Kido's advice and goes silent at that point. He stands, claymore ready, eyes watching carefully, and walks beside Kyoko, keeping in step with her. If anything jumped out at them, he'd be ready to fight. He wouldn't let those who stood around him get hurt if it could be avoided, especially by zombies.

@Holding Room 2
Aura Inv:
Claymore
Aura Power: 90%
Pocket Inv:
Aura Guide, Tool Belt

@Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Ringmaster @Verite

Kido nods in response, ready to follow suit.

@Mason Moretti @Verite @Ringmaster @Jeremi @Crow @Nater Taters @Holding Room 2
Artyom followed alongside the group,keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. He wasn't really that worried about encountering another one of those....zombies, as it seemed the group could handle itself, still, what if they encountered something bigger,much bigger, Artyom was still unarmed. He put that troubling thought to the back of his mind, deciding to focus on the task at hand.

"So....is there a chance we may run into more of the undead?" He asked to anyone who would respond

glXTgGe.png

"I personally prefer to work in the backdrop. If anything, Ah yes... about that, I don't think it's a matter of far right now..."

Zen and Madoka would find themselves at crossroads. Two paths - but which path to take?

"... it's a matter of where. "

@Sen
tumblr_inline_odklrzvmWj1s7x88v_250.png

"Knowing the people at the meeting, we should probably choose the one that leads to the most noise."

tumblr_inline_odklgnGbDA1s7x88v_250.png

"I hope nothing happened to them, I would hate to come to a fight."

Artyom followed alongside the group,keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. He wasn't really that worried about encountering another one of those....zombies, as it seemed the group could handle itself, still, what if they encountered something bigger,much bigger, Artyom was still unarmed. He put that troubling thought to the back of his mind, deciding to focus on the task at hand.

"So....is there a chance we may run into more of the undead?" He asked to anyone who would respond

"Well, that would be the chance of running into another enemy times the chance of that enemy being undead. Estimating that 90% of the Umbrella members here are zombies and we have a 90% chance of getting into a fight, I'd say we have at least an 81% chance of running into more undead within an hour. Does that answer your question, Arty?"

@Holding Room 2
Aura Inv:
Claymore
Pocket Inv:
Aura Guide, Tool Belt

"I'll go with the oaf, so that he doesn't end up getting all of us killed." Bekka replied. She was quite excited to use her sword against any Umbrella grunts foolish enough to try and stop them.
Saber Alter followed soon after she retrieved her masters equipment, Excalibur-Fake glowing with a dark glee to match its mistress.
"We'll follow your lead, Kyoko." Lois replied stepping in front of her, rationalizing the fact that she was clearly the most powerful member here right now to protect them in case more trouble arises. "Allow me to be your shield for the time being."

"Well, that would be the chance of running into another enemy times the chance of that enemy being undead. Estimating that 90% of the Umbrella members here are zombies and we have a 90% chance of getting into a fight, I'd say we have at least an 81% chance of running into more undead within an hour. Does that answer your question, Arty?"

@Holding Room 2
Aura Inv:
Claymore
Pocket Inv:
Aura Guide, Tool Belt
"Why undead though?"

That was the same question Lucifer had been musing over as he tested his bodies abilities while walking.

"Zombies aren't exactly the smartest form of minion. Seems strange they'd use them here, to guard prisoners."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Hospes @Sen @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @dark@Bomb @Chewy Rabbits @Mason Moretti

Kieran hefted a two-handed axe into his hands. He smiled down at the weapon as, enjoying the familiar weight such a weapon offered him.

"Now, you all can assist the others with the holding cells, or establish a rendezvous point at the door at the opposite end of the prison hall. We'll all need to secure that door at some point anyway."

@Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Hospes @Sen @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @dark @Archwar @Bomb @Chewy Rabbits @Mason Moretti @Storage Room
Makoto had no weapons to speak of and it wasn't like he was a fighter in any case. He would have to rely on the others for this. "Okay, Miko, everyone... I'm counting on you guys."

As the group would break away from the archway and approach the guards, their enemy would bolt in their direction with obvious violent intentions. One reached Makoto first and raised a baton to strike, but the boy held his ground, having chosen to place his safety in the hands of his allies.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @darnerdemons @Verite @The Tactician @First Holding Room
A stone fist shot down the guards approaching Makoto like divine intervention.

"Are you okay, Makoto?"

Wynne voice seemed fine, as she slightly moved herself in front of the young man. Casting a defenisive spell around the group, Wynne kept going.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @darnerdemons @Verite @The Tactician @BarrenThin @First Holding Room
The moment the other guards raised their batons she shot a 'fang' out, with more than enough strength to kill a human. Though not with a good toll on her stamina as she still felt some after effects of the mist, and it didn't help that her AT wasn't on to reduce the energy needed. No complaining if they die after attacking first..right? A sadistic grin filled her face at the prospect of blood shed. She truly was her father's child. She wouldn't let any of them get harmed if she could help it...and besides, this was personal.
Zidane nodded and headed to the First holding room, with Bibi lagging behind.​

Zidane saw what was going on as he approached where the group was.

"Bibi! We should take all of them down at once! I'll distract them, and you'll cast a spell!" Zidane quickly said as he went in with dual dagger to at least deal some damage.

But... what if my... powers aren't enough...

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @darnerdemons @Verite @The Tactician @BarrenThin @joshm @First Holding Room​
Sitting in the cell together, watching their group, Cosmo's head lifted off the ground.

"Jude. Cosmo's think it's time to move."

Cosmo would telepathically call to his group

"Friends! Let Cosmo and Jude out. They took Wanda from us. We have to move."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @darnerdemons @Verite @The Tactician @BarrenThin @Bomb @Atomyk
Proceeding towards the First Holding Room, Add didn't hesitate on testing out the efficiency of his Dynamos now onto the guards that wished to strike them down.

tumblr_nwqsym3SWA1u3z5n7o9_100.png

"How's this? KAHAHAHHAHA!!"

Thrilled to be in battle, Add positioned his Dynamos in front of him, the mechanical weapons beginning to revolve around his reached out palm as they charged electricity into themselves. With a single jerk of his wrist, the esper let loose an accelerated burst of electrical particles terribly stun the incoming guards.

tumblr_ocnjru2RhU1v3qowuo8_100.png

"..."

Hearing Cosmo's telepathic call, the Crimson Avenger stepped over to see if she could let him and Jude out. While Add was busy having the time of his life testing out the strength of his Dynamos, Elesis supposed she could help out in some way that didn't involve beating some poor souls senseless and into bloody pulps.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @darnerdemons @Verite @The Tactician @Atomyk @Josh M @Bomb @First Holding Room

Reactions: Josh M
"You certainly can... Not like I can do much to stop you....considerin' you probably only view me as a plaything anyways I don't see a reason to care about what you do to me.." Ouch.... Clearly Black didn't think much of himself and also thought she thought the same about him. His comment didn't even seem snarky but dead serious for a change.

"Two kinds of people in this world...The almighty beings...and the playthings for them..." Harsh statement from Black but in reality there was some truth behind it....

"But... It is entertain' to see the high and mighty weakened....no offense, boss.."

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits
tumblr_inline_mhkpkkfZHV1r4ssbx.jpg

"Now, now, it was just a bit of teasing, milady. If you trifle with everyone with something bad to say about you, the battles will never end." Sakuya decided to step in before Black's lack of self-preservation and Remilia's lack of self-restraint got them into too big of a mess to back out of.

After seeming to think about it for a moment, Remilia just shrugged and flapped her wings to get herself a little in the air. Might as well stretch her wings, at least.

"Well, you're a fun plaything anyway, standing up to me like you did. Even if it worked like a bug against bug spray. I'm weaker than normal right now, but I'm still pretty strong though, okay?"

WIth a huff, she began to walk towards Holding Room 2 to help out with whatever was needed there. Sakuya turned to Black and the others, gesturing as if to say "Let's go."

@Crimson Spartan @Chewy Rabbits @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Jeremi @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Holding Room 2​

The door at the end of the hall was clear of guards or obstacles, though it required a key card that the group didn't have. "No panel here... looks more secure as well. We may have to wait and see if the others find a card... in the meantime, let's establish a defense here in case something decides to come through the door."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Rendezvous Point

Makoto let out a relieved breath as Wynne smacked the guard attacking him aside with her magic. The man went flying, dropping both his baton and gas mask, revealing that he was actually an undead being. Makoto grimaced at this, but quickly joined Elesis at the laser controls. "Come on!" he cried, pressing down on a button randomly. Makoto's luck seemed to pull through as the lasers dissipated, letting Cosmo and Jude out of the cage.

"Everybody, please wait..."

Jude moved to the back of the cage, coming back a moment later with Leia holding on to him. "Her legs are still in pain."

ycRVdzJ.png

"I'll be fine, Jude, really, I can walk..."

Makoto eyed the two remaining guards, both of which had just been stunned by the attacks. Though they seemed more capable than regular zombies, Makoto wasn't as worried as he had been before. "Let's clean up and then get Leia out of here."

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @darnerdemons @Verite @The Tactician @First Holding Room

Last edited:

@Holding Room 2
Aura Inv:
Claymore
Pocket Inv:
Aura Guide, Tool Belt

Saber Alter followed soon after she retrieved her masters equipment, Excalibur-Fake glowing with a dark glee to match its mistress.

"Why undead though?"

That was the same question Lucifer had been musing over as he tested his bodies abilities while walking.

"Zombies aren't exactly the smartest form of minion. Seems strange they'd use them here, to guard prisoners."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Crow @Takumi @Hospes @Sen @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @dark@Bomb @Chewy Rabbits @Mason Moretti
"I guess..." Artyom responded, he paused and thought about Lucifer had said, he had a good point, why was Umbrella using zombie to guard the prisoners? It didn't make any sense.

Makoto let out a relieved breath as Wynne smacked the guard attacking him aside with her magic. The man went flying, dropping both his baton and gas mask, revealing that he was actually an undead being. Makoto grimaced at this, but quickly joined Elesis at the laser controls. "Come on!" he cried, pressing down on a button randomly. Makoto's luck seemed to pull through as the lasers dissipated, letting Cosmo and Jude out of the cage.

Jude moved to the back of the cage, coming back a moment later with Leia holding on to him. "Her legs are still in pain."

ycRVdzJ.png

Makoto eyed the two remaining guards, both of which had just been stunned by the attacks. Though they seemed more capable than regular zombies, Makoto wasn't as worried as he had been before. "Let's clean up and then get Leia out of here."

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @darnerdemons @Verite @The Tactician @First Holding Room
tumblr_nwqtizhhn71u3z5n7o10_100.png

"Clean up? Kekek... heard you loud and clear!!"

With that said, Add laughed in eager wanting to fight these guards for a bit more. Using up the rest of the charged up electricity, Add had his Dynamos send numerous electrical blasts at one of the guards. It wasn't as effective in terms of single burst of accelerated particle energy from earlier, but it would do the job of putting one of them down for good due to the rapid succession of each supposed hit.

@Atomyk @Bomb @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @darnerdemons @Verite @The Tactician @First Holding Room

"Why undead though?"

"I did a quick database read on Umbrella back in the Coalition." Lois replied to Lucifer. "The living dead is evidently this organizations bread and butter. We've stumbled upon something here...and my intuition is telling me it's something wrong." Lois couldn't help but feel that all of this was a little too...easy.

The door at the end of the hall was clear of guards or obstacles, though it required a key card that the group didn't have. "No panel here... looks more secure as well. We may have to wait and see if the others find a card... in the meantime, let's establish a defense here in case something decides to come through the door."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Rendezvous Point

ycRVdzJ.png

"Just form up on either side of the door.Better yet we should stake out the place just in case so that we don't end up with any nasty surprises."

@Atomyk @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Rendezvous Point

"I did a quick database read on Umbrella back in the Coalition." Lois replied to Lucifer. "The living dead is evidently this organizations bread and butter. We've stumbled upon something here...and my intuition is telling me it's something wrong." Lois couldn't help but feel that all of this was a little too...easy.

"Its the type of zombie that has me wonder though."

Lucifer mused as he frowned in thought. His head was clearing and with it, his abilities...Inborn and making sure he was alright as he tried to think this through.

"Any intelligence we discover should be a boon to our organization though."

@Mason Moretti @Jeremi @Verite @Crow @Nater Taters @Holding Room 2

Mason takes a second to process what Kyoko says and responds, "Alright, Ultimate Detective. You've survived murder games... You know what you're doing. There is no turning back at this point until we've uncovered everything. Lead the way. Just let me know if you need anything." Mason takes Kido's advice and goes silent at that point. He stands, claymore ready, eyes watching carefully, and walks beside Kyoko, keeping in step with her. If anything jumped out at them, he'd be ready to fight. He wouldn't let those who stood around him get hurt if it could be avoided, especially by zombies.

@Holding Room 2
Aura Inv:
Claymore
Pocket Inv:
Aura Guide, Tool Belt

Kido nods in response, ready to follow suit.

@Mason Moretti @Verite @Ringmaster @Jeremi @Crow @Nater Taters @Holding Room 2

"Why undead though?"

The halls remained somewhat dark (but not unbearably so) and empty as ever. It was quiet, but not exactly that level of "too quiet" that would suggest being watched. It was like the place really was as barren as it seemed, only adding to Kyoko's suspicion. Still, it couldn't be helped, and there was little to do about it, unless anyone for whatever reason felt inclined to just turn back and go somewhere else.

Soon enough, after a turn, the corridor's appearance would shift slightly, coming to resemble more like the hall of a prison as cells became visible on one side of the other room, the other side seeming to have iron panels on it compared to the standard, dull brick walls. What the significance of the panels were was likely none, for all you could all tell. Perhaps the more odd thing to note was the complete lack of security, even ones such as rotting zombies, present.

As for the cells, gazing in would result in a number of the individuals present at the Coalition HQ before the rude awakening in Silent Earth, notably representatives from the UN, MEU, Brotherhood of Steel, and United Federation of Planets. A number of the people there were still out cold, but at least Ritsuko and Carissa were conscious.

"Ah, so help did come," Carissa remarked casually, crossing her arms, her face almost looking only mildly pleased to see the so-called rescue party arrive. The MEU representative would examine all of you, pursing her lips slightly, "How did you all break out?"

kiri005.png

"Agent Ocelot broke free of the enemy, Umbrella's hold, and managed to free a small number of us. The rest of us are working on rescuing the other captives and recovering stolen items in the meantime," Kyoko would explain, putting her hands on the cell bars, "Do you have any idea on how we can get you out of here?"

"The panel at the edge of the room," Ritsuko answered, nodding towards the direction of the console, visible to everyone, "You'd have to enter some sort of pass code in order to gain access to the panel. I managed to catch a glimpse of the code on what looked like a holographic E-book one of the operatives was carrying... I think it said something along the lines of... "Hello shell" or something along the lines of that."

Nodding in affirmation, Kyoko would point everyone to the console. "Alright, let's get you out of here then."

"So... was this really the work of Umbrella?" Ritsuko would ask in the meantime.

"More than likely," the younger woman would nod, maintaining a slightly sterner face than she usually had, "We had our suspicions of the Umbrella Remnant before, but now... They're definitely planning something, with the recent assassinations, but..." She could only trail off, left to wonder.

When you would approach the console to enter the pass code however, you would find that the only buttons to input on it were numbers, rather than letters, so you were unable to type in the code Ritsuko had relayed... unless you got creative.

@Ringmaster @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Crow @Holding Room 2

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mason Moretti
The halls remained somewhat dark (but not unbearably so) and empty as ever. It was quiet, but not exactly that level of "too quiet" that would suggest being watched. It was like the place really was as barren as it seemed, only adding to Kyoko's suspicion. Still, it couldn't be helped, and there was little to do about it, unless anyone for whatever reason felt inclined to just turn back and go somewhere else.

Soon enough, after a turn, the corridor's appearance would shift slightly, coming to resemble more like the hall of a prison as cells became visible on one side of the other room, the other side seeming to have iron panels on it compared to the standard, dull brick walls. What the significance of the panels were was likely none, for all you could all tell. Perhaps the more odd thing to note was the complete lack of security, even ones such as rotting zombies, present.

As for the cells, gazing in would result in a number of the individuals present at the Coalition HQ before the rude awakening in Silent Earth, notably representatives from the UN, MEU, Brotherhood of Steel, and United Federation of Planets. A number of the people there were still out cold, but at least Ritsuko and Carissa were conscious.

"Ah, so help did come," Carissa remarked casually, crossing her arms, her face almost looking only mildly pleased to see the so-called rescue party arrive. The MEU representative would examine all of you, pursing her lips slightly, "How did you all break out?"

kiri005.png

"Agent Ocelot broke free of the enemy, Umbrella's hold, and managed to free a small number of us. The rest of us are working on rescuing the other captives and recovering stolen items in the meantime," Kyoko would explain, putting her hands on the cell bars, "Do you have any idea on how we can get you out of here?"

"The panel at the edge of the room," Ritsuko answered, nodding towards the direction of the console, visible to everyone, "You'd have to enter some sort of pass code in order to gain access to the panel. I managed to catch a glimpse of the code on what looked like a holographic E-book one of the operatives was carrying... I think it said something along the lines of... "Hello shell" or something along the lines of that."

Nodding in affirmation, Kyoko would point everyone to the console. "Alright, let's get you out of here then."

"So... was this really the work of Umbrella?" Ritsuko would ask in the meantime.

"More than likely," the younger woman would nod, maintaining a slightly sterner face than she usually had, "We had our suspicions of the Umbrella Remnant before, but now... They're definitely planning something, with the recent assassinations, but..." She could only trail off, left to wonder.

When you would approach the console to enter the pass code however, you would find that the only buttons to input on it were numbers, rather than letters, so you were unable to type in the code Ritsuko had relayed... unless you got creative.

"Lady Carissa."

Lucifer bowed his head in respect to the M.E.U. representative and headed over to the number pad, pausing in consideration before inserting the following code.

435-574-355.

'Hello Shell' in number format.

Fingers crossed.

@Verite @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Crow @Holding Room 2

kiri005.png

"Lady Carissa."

Lucifer bowed his head in respect to the M.E.U. representative and headed over to the number pad, pausing in consideration before inserting the following code.

435-574-355.

Fingers crossed.

Mason looked at Lucifer quizzically. "How the hell did you get those numbers from 'hello shell'? I got a bit of a different answer..." Mason used his aura to form images of the words floating in the air in order to illustrate his point.
IMG_2741.JPG

"Now, if you spend too much time reading leet-speak on the Internet, (which I doubt you do, sir,) you might be able to make the numbers '4-3-1-1-0-5-4-3-1-1'." Mason added the numbers to his demonstration.
IMG_2742.JPG

"However... That's a bit of a stretch. A lowercase 'e' doesn't match up with the number '3' and an uppercase 'L' can't really be mistaken as a '1'. I'm not satisfied with that answer. Things make a lot more sense when you turn things around. If you rotate the words 'HELLO SHELL' one-hundred-and-eighty degrees, you get... this." Mason manipulated his aura shapes to turn the phrase upside down, resulting in a different view. He changed the numbers around to match.
IMG_2743.JPG

"7-7-3-4-5-0-7-7-3-4" Mason turned to Kyoko and smiled. "Like my detective work, Kirigiri? It may be possible that those sevens could be ones, but I'm pretty confident in my answer. At least it has the same amount of numbers as there are letters in 'hello shell'."

Mason enters the code and reabsorbs the aura he used to create the floating letters and numbers in order to save his energy.

@Holding Room 2
Aura Inventory: Floating Numbers,
Claymore
Aura Power: 90%->80%->90%
Pocket Inv:
Aura Guide, Tool Belt

Mason looked at Lucifer quizzically. "How the hell did you get those numbers from 'hello shell'? I got a bit of a different answer..." Mason used his aura to form images of the words floating in the air in order to illustrate his point.
View attachment 118758

"Now, if you spend too much time reading leet-speak on the Internet, (which I doubt you do, sir,) you might be able to make the numbers '4-3-1-1-0-5-4-3-1-1'." Mason added the numbers to his demonstration.
View attachment 118759

"However... That's a bit of a stretch. A lowercase 'e' doesn't match up with the number '3' and an uppercase 'L' can't really be mistaken as a '1'. I'm not satisfied with that answer. Things make a lot more sense when you turn things around. If you rotate the words 'HELLO SHELL' one-hundred-and-eighty degrees, you get... this." Mason manipulated his aura shapes to turn the phrase upside down, resulting in a different view. He changed the numbers around to match.
View attachment 118761

"7-7-3-4-5-0-7-7-3-4" Mason turned to Kyoko and smiled. "Like my detective work, Kirigiri? It may be possible that those sevens could be ones, but I'm pretty confident in my answer. At least it has the same amount of numbers as there are letters in 'hello shell'."

Mason enters the code and reabsorbs the aura he used to create the floating letters and numbers in order to save his energy.

@Holding Room 2
Claymore
Pocket Inv:
Aura Guide, Tool Belt

"Its the letters corresponding to a number pad. That and we're dealing with primarily zombies so anything more complicated would be less likely." He said simply.

Beat.

.....That aura looked suspiciously like someones crayon drawing. It was very distracting.

@Verite @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Crow @Holding Room 2​

"Its the letters corresponding to a number pad. That and we're dealing with primarily zombies so anything more complicated would be less likely." He said simply.

Beat.

.....That aura looked suspiciously like someones crayon drawing. It was very distracting.

Another beat.

If Mason could hear the narration/what Lucifer was thinking, he would be roasted and bitter.

Mason took a deep breath. "Alright. So the upside down code may be the incorrect one. However, there may be a possibility that Carissa had an upside-down view of what was actually a numeric code. I mean, if zombies are so simple, why give them a set of letters to work a numeric keypad? Other than that, maybe my non-flipped version was the right code. In any case..." Mason took another deep breath, trying not to get frustrated with Lucifer, who could probably drop-kick him through the nearest wall. However, annoyance still showed in his voice, "Since there are ten letters in 'Hello Shell', I would assume that there would be TEN numbers in the code, not NINE."

@Holding Room 2

• Useful
Reactions: Atomyk
Another beat.

If Mason could hear the narration/what Lucifer was thinking, he would be roasted and bitter.

Mason took a deep breath. "Alright. So the upside down code may be the incorrect one. However, there may be a possibility that Carissa had an upside-down view of what was actually a numeric code. I mean, if zombies are so simple, why give them a set of letters to work a numeric keypad? Other than that, maybe my non-flipped version was the right code. In any case..." Mason took another deep breath, trying not to get frustrated with Lucifer, who could probably drop-kick him through the nearest wall. However, annoyance still showed in his voice, "Since there are ten letters in 'Hello Shell', I would assume that there would be TEN numbers in the code, not NINE."

@Holding Room 2
"Did I really dial nine?"

In contrast, Lucifers tone would be nothing but polite and intrigued. He wasn't in this for his own glory and certainly would be bemused at Mason's line of thoughts or reason for his annoyance. Reaching over to the pad, he continued as he re-dialed after waiting if Mason's attempt worked on the door.

"Typically, most people associate their codes with names, families- You need only look at bank cards for example for most thieves. A number pad works easily because its a format universal for most worlds and 'hello shell' is an expression hardly anyone would think to associate with a password. Easy to recall for these enhanced zombies I'd theorize. Fingers crossed, no?"

Now then.... 435-574-3555.

About to thank Mason for catching that, he paused and peered curiously at him before asking.

"Are you alright? Don't worry, we'll get out of this safe."

He completely misinterpreted his mood. Satisfied he had done his duty, he turned to the cell and spoke to Carrisa.

"Lady Carrisa, is Zatanna safe?"

"Lady Carissa."

435-574-355.

Fingers crossed.

View attachment 118758

View attachment 118759

View attachment 118761

@Holding Room 2
Claymore
Pocket Inv:
Aura Guide, Tool Belt

"Did I really dial nine?"

In contrast, Lucifers tone would be nothing but polite and intrigued. He wasn't in this for his own glory and certainly would be bemused at Mason's line of thoughts or reason for his annoyance. Reaching over to the pad, he continued as he re-dialed after waiting if Mason's attempt worked on the door.

"Typically, most people associate their codes with names, families- You need only look at bank cards for example for most thieves. A number pad works easily because its a format universal for most worlds and 'hello shell' is an expression hardly anyone would think to associate with a password. Easy to recall for these enhanced zombies I'd theorize. Fingers crossed, no?"

Now then.... 435-574-3555.

About to thank Mason for catching that, he paused and peered curiously at him before asking.

"Are you alright? Don't worry, we'll get out of this safe."

He completely misinterpreted his mood. Satisfied he had done his duty, he turned to the cell and spoke to Carrisa.

"Lady Carrisa, is Zatanna safe?"

Carissa nodded to Lucifer when he would bow to her, and then gestured towards Zatanna's unconscious form close by. Morrigan was present as well, also seeming a bit out of it for the time being. "She's unharmed, as far as I can tell. Only knocked out from the gas we encountered when lost in Silent Earth earlier," the princess answered, placing a hand on her hip, grumbling to herself in something of an irritable manner, "If only I could get through to Knight Leader, those Umbrella goons shall truly rue the day they messed with me."

In any case, it seemed that at least the cells managed to open after the bantering with the two agents. For the record, it was Mason's guess that got the job done.

kiri013.png

"Yes, good job," Kyoko said in response to Mason's question, though it seemed that her mind was on other things at the moment, given their situation. Not that she was known for giving most people special positive attention to begin with. Clearing her throat, she would continue talking once the doors would easily enough open.

"If Umbrella really is behind all this... I guess they really did outlive a multidimensional Arch Demon. As tough as a cockroach, and just as disgusting while we're at it," Kyoko spoke.

As the doors opened, Ritsuko took a breath. "Thanks for the help, though... For the record, this won't change my stance on Ilona if you were hoping for something like that."

"I wouldn't dream of it."

"Is this... really the time for this, you two?" Uhura, on the other hand, would ask, having come to just a few moments prior, as demonstrated when seen rubbing her temple.

While this happened, the iron panels on the other side of the wall softly let out a hissing sound, as though the cell doors weren't the only thing the console had opened...

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Nater Taters @Crow @Mason Moretti @Holding Room 2

Status
Not open for further replies.