Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott would not be able to smell much at all. He would feel as if his senses were clogged.

Makoto reached out toward Bibi, moving quickly to grab him before he could go wandering off into the fog. "The situation is very dangerous! We..." His voice trailed off, fingers slowly relaxing so that his grip on the small boy lessened. "... can't go off alone." He stood and stared in tentative silence, head looking up toward the gloomy skies above. Just how had things come to this?

He turned around, finding faces that stared back at him with looks of malice and fear... despite the situation, the argument from moments before was fresh on everyone's minds. He knew few were thinking highly of him, but that didn't matter, not really... Makoto had to stand by his convictions. He believed in what he felt was the right thing in the end.

"Our strike team is lacking at the moment," Kieran said to Lucifer, sounding rather calm despite his anger moments before. It was a stark contrast to his usual bumbling self. "And unfortunately the group gathered here seems to be a random assortment of our people. Without Wanda, Sorey, or Ludger, we're going to have a tough time." Kieran held out his right hand, flexing his fingers as if wishing he held a weapon. "They want us here for a reason... staging a rescue for Ilona will not come easy."

"Kieran, we shouldn't move from this spot. Wandering out into the fog could get us lost forever. I--"

"Makoto, I'm sorry, but I'm not I want to talk to you right now. I don't even know what you'll do if we find Ilona..."

JL8WyY7.png

"Now is not the time for a debate!"

"No... you're right. That's why Captain-Commander Kieran is going to get us a way out of here. Just give me a moment to think..."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Minerva @Sen @Crow @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @All
025.png

"Just like it wasn't time to debate when you and Ritsuko stepped on everyone's feet about Ilona, huh? I suggest you leave this to the people who actually want to talk and figure this shit out, kid, or else we're gonna do nothing and let those assholes win."

With his piece said to Makoto, Shizuo turned to Kieran and Lucifer with a frown.

"So what's the plan then? We've got to do something, right?"

@Minerva @Ringmaster @Atomyk @Verite
"Then we'll improvise Captain-Commander. To do nothing will just give our enemies the time to fulfill their plans without interference. At the least, we have two of them with us." Lucifer looked towards Ruby Rose and Deoxys before adding quietly, eyes glittering with an underlying malice though not directed at anyone here. "And then once we find them, we'll see about returning the favor they paid upon us earlier."

It was bravado. But needful- He didn't need his Damphir senses to detect the mood, so the time was now to act as though he knew what he was doing. If only to help by small degrees. But he hadn't gone through all those previous experiences, just to falter now. Laying down and die was what their enemies wanted.

And that was no option at all.

"Several things. Firstly, we're going to need to organize our people. Those who are comfortable in close-range combat and those with ranged capability with our non-combatants and civilians in the middle. We'll move as a group and find a place of shelter- Somewhere out of the open. We don't know if they're watching, but we'll assume they are and prepare for the worst. Beyond that?"

He considered for a moment before adding.

"We have no idea where we are. We're going to need scouts and a way to get our bearing."

"I'll scout."

Saber Alter stepped forward as she spoke, eyes narrowed.

"I am Malevolence incarnate....Its tricks will not work on me as others."

Lucifer nodded in response. "You'll need someone to go with you though."

Saber Alter shrugged. "If someone wishes, I will gladly accept company. But they'll have to keep up in this cursed place."

@Minerva @Atomyk @The Tactician @whoever​
At the call to volunteer, Shizuo stepped up and cracked his knuckles in preparation, "I'll do it. I'm stronger than just about everyone here, and I'm quick on my feet and reaction. Should be enough to keep up with you... Actually, what is your name? I don't think I ever caught it."
tumblr_nwqta8OBwH1u3z5n7o2_100.png

"Hm... it shouldn't be long in time, but I believe my friend Elesis here would go along well with helping in this scenario better than me... Just give her a moment or two to wake up, she's quite the sleepyhead."

Motioning over to the unconscious Elesis carried around by his Dynamos, Add simply offered Elesis's help and not his for this situation. Probably because he knew that he couldn't take a physical blow without hurling over in pain in an instant. He knew that already with his numerous encounters with Shizuo during certain other times.

@Minerva @Atomyk @The Tactician @Ringmaster @whoever​

WBJfeMo.webp

"Producer work gets harder as your idols get more popular. Circle of life, as they say," Kido comments. "You're an actor right, Mr Zen? How does your Producer treat you? He or she must be a pretty swell person to produce someone like you. I always hear my colleagues say that some idols take after their Producers, much like chips off the old blocks. That's certainly the case with my sister and I."

glXTgGe.webp

"That was certainly more impolite than blunt. Whatever rows your boat," Madoka comments on Weiss' comment, before turning to Illona, "subjecting yourself to this level of punishment is not the way. If this is temporary, I have no reason to object to this. This should not be a permanent solution."

"Unless you're a maso- mmmpphh!" Kido, hands behind his back, was about to continue Madoka's statement until he was stopped by her.

@Mason Moretti @Hospes @Sen @york @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Crow
@Holding Cells

Meanwhile, Kido saw Ruby's dog barking up a security camera and realized that work was incomplete. With that, Kido, with hands behind his back, sent another text message to Robin via communicator.

"Boss, before we leave the area, we need to ensure that the security cameras are functional, but we cannot do it alone on this side. Is it possible to redirect me to the person who mans the security camera?"

@Minerva @york

4rgko20.png

"I fear all of you are far too kind to me," Ilona mumbled when Scott, Ruby, and Cheza told the princess this situation wasn't her fault. "But, I wonder if any of you would feel the same had I taken the lives of someone close to you?" Ilona paused to sigh.

Regardless, I suppose this is simply something I will have to learn how to live with. I just feel it would be easier to live with if I were punished for it...

I should at least try to amend my sins by using my life to do more good deeds. I-I just-- I used to be the type of child who would cry if she stepped on a flower! Knowing I did this... I fear it will be difficult for me to get over...

@york @Hospes @Sen @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells
mfnlLhp.png

Was he being complimented?
"Yaaa~ that feels good." He chuckled, he loved being complimented. Especially when they saw him for his talent, Zen was not just a pretty face for people to look at. Even if he could make a lot of money being a model, he'd prefer to act. "I used to work as a freelance musical performer, it was hard work." The actor's eyes softened as he continued. "I'm under GD Entertainment now, and my PD is a cute lady. She's a close friend of mine."

"I don't know if I take after her, but she's nice to me and patient. Even though I insist she go wait at the hotel, she comes to all my shoots, even when it's burning hot."
Qu894Bp.gif

"So heart-warming. She's a good girl. Aaah, I want to run to her and give her a big hug to show my appreciation."

tNCSQ5k.png

"But work is work."
He turned to look at Ilona. "I don't think it's your fault, either. You're such a selfless girl, taking the blame for all of this... I mean if I saw somebody I treasured.." He shook his head, he didn't want to think about a situation like that.

"Our feelings might be different, but the truth is sitll there. It's not your fault. Time... time heals all wounds." Wasn't that what he had been told? He lost a part of himself a long, long time ago. But, with friends to help you, it was much easier to move from the past.

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells​
"Casualties of war."

That voice was Saber Alters, delivered in a quiet and ultimately, far more threatening intonation then any amount of visible rage. It was frosty and refined, based on experience firsthand when the limbs flew and men cried out, hold- hold! For to give way was to invite death and to press forward was to invite the same. The cursed replica of Britain's greatest king stepped forward, her sword yet visible and in her hand. The majesty exuded filling the air with pressure before she reached a hand to her visor and pulled it off.

d9nuJEG.jpg

"I am Saber Alter, who has not yet spoken my peace and I will have my voice be heard now. If a judgement this is, then let my words and my story act to assist. I am...A specter. Pure malevolence, given form and function as a weapon. An experiment. There is nothing about me that has not been tainted by your enemies, nor dissimilar to the power that lies within you now. And yet, here I walk. I am trusted to walk a path, I fight and use their power against them- They who thought themselves my masters!"

She laughed and it was far more horrible, more beautiful in its twisted form then otherwise might have been.

"But I enjoy it. I embrace my purpose and find beauty in the sounds of battle. You?" She snorted and looked Ilona up and down before saying flatly.

"You've the aura of a rabbit in its hutch. Scared to move, too scared to stay. You remain where you are in the hopes you will not hurt your friends and jump by the hands of those who play on those fears. If you will not conquer them, then you will always be their slave. Drowning in emotion until you embrace the fears of those around you to become what they always said you were."

Her eyes glittered and she added offhand.

"Unless you change that now. Be afraid if you wish...Or be brave. Stand for yourself, or be lifted by the strings of others. I care not. But at the least, take your destiny with your hands and throw its rider off to take its place, to lead it not where fate drags you but to wherever you think is best. Whether that place is here or in death or to control it?"

She shrugged once, the clanking noise of armor echoing in the cell as she replaced her visor.

And the Black King stood once more, impenetrable and terrifying as she stepped back.

"You owe your victims that much weregild, at the least."

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Holding Cells​

Saber Alter's words stirred something in Mason. They reminded him of home; he had heard stories of his ancestors fighting against malevolence to control it and use it for good, as well as seen it firsthand. Mason returned his book to his pocket and stood up, joining the chorus of those supporting Ilona.

"Saber Alter is right. Sitting around in fear won't do anything. Ilona, you're not the only one who has had to control their darkness. From someone who has had to face their own 'malevolence,' let me tell you that despair is not the way to do it.

"Despair and fear will feed the darkness inside of you, but you can overcome them. All it takes is a smile through the worst of times and even the tiniest light of hope. I would think that a
Child of the Sun such as yourself would know about sunlight breaking through the twilight. Like the night, this darkness can end. Just hold on until the sunrise."

Mason's eyes were alight with the fire of his passion, hoping to shine through Ilona's darkness. Likewise, his necklace glowed softly with his aura.

@Holding Cells
@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen

HnTlUb6.jpg

Wahh everyone is being so nice to me! I-I'm touched by their kindness! What noble comrades they are! Sun, bless their warm hearts!

"I-I don't know what to say, but thank you everyone..."

"You are correct, Lady Saber. I suppose I am acting fearful. I always try to be brave, but sometimes I slip up. It's rather unlady-like and certainly not fitting for a follower of the Sun, but even I can... stray at times..."

Ilona sat up a little and nodded at Kido. "Perhaps I am a bit... traumatized... I've seen much in my life, but I've never killed. This situation feels different to me. But I have great respect for your young friend. If you say she survived a Murder Game, she must be stronger than she thinks."

Ilona sat up even a bit more and leaned her back against the wall of her cell. "Thank you for your kind words, Sir Mason. Thank you all. I will try and lift my spirits. Each and every one of you are wonderful for caring enough to speak with me. I only hope I truly can make amends for my mistake and make this up to all of you."

@york @Hospes @Sen @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells

"The only thing you'd need to do to make things up to me is give me a smile.

" 'Hatred, sadness, emptiness... Any negative emotion will feed the dark. But control over that and being able to stay positive is what make it easy, it's what makes us a Moretti. Smile through the pain; be a light in the darkness.' That's what my grandmother would always tell me. So, Ilona, let's see your beautiful smile again."

@Holding Cells

@Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ringmaster @Sen @york
tumblr_ocoil8h0E91v3qowuo10_100.png

"!"

Elesis yelped as she was thrown over to the nearest wall. While it may not seem like it wasn't that hard of a blow, the fallen knight coughed up small hints of blood as she made a rough landing with a thud. Despite this, Elesis slowly brought herself up to her feet, ready to go for another attack. Not that she would stop here, she pulled out her sword once more and charged towards Astaroth, a dark shadow outlining her physical form.

tumblr_ocnjru2RhU1v3qowuo3_100.png

"Kill..."

Yes! That's the right mindset! Kill the demon, Sunshine! Spill the blood of the impure! AHAHAHAHAHAA!!

Moments before Elesis could get in with that attack, the Crimson Avenger was immediately encased in a plasma-like force field, preventing her from proceeding with her attack onto Astaroth.

tumblr_o95gb6o16M1v3qowuo2_100.png

"So this is where Elesis ran off to? Sorry about... her behavior... she's usually not like this."

Add strolled into the holding cells, having projected this particle prism to keep Elesis in place, going as far as sending a certain amount of electrocution to knock her out so she could silently calm down. With that done, Add blinked as he looked over to see that Ilona was here too. He didn't have much to share to her in words, but it was interesting to see her here out of nowhere.

@Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Hospes @Holding Cells​
Before Zidane can think of something else to say, it seems that Ilona stopped crying for now. Zidane then noticed Elesis and Add.

"Umm... what are you doing to her?" Zidane asked Add, seeing that he was imprisoning Elesis.

@Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Hospes @Holding Cells​
tumblr_o8309q86Lk1v3qowuo10_100.png

"Well, didn't you see her just a few moments ago? She was going to hurt someone! So it's only the better option that I contain her and make sure she doesn't go ballistic on anyone else. It's quite the bother, now that I think about it... that Elesis has this other side of her where violence is the only option with her."

With an annoyed sigh, Add kept the particle prism around the unconscious Elesis. Surely she'll be out like a light for a good long while.

tumblr_o9z5y5oGfe1v3qowuo4_100.png

"So... er, what's up with Ilona? It's odd to see someone insist on being stuck here or the likes."

Drifting the topic away from Elesis and onto Ilona, the esper has the curiosities to ask Zidane on what was going on here. It was only fair since Add did just arrive here not too long ago.

@Bomb @Holding Cells​
Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Welcome to Silent Earth"

After an additional hour of settling, being patched up, and helping rebuild what was destroyed in the minor cataclysm, the intercom would turn on and be heard all around the base again, Makoto's voice ringing out this time instead of Kyoko's.

"Ah... E-Everyone who is not already here, please report to the Command Center immediately for an emergency meeting. We have... something pressing to discuss."

With that, he would cut out, and await you all to do as requested.

kiri006.png

"...?"

Kyoko only silently raised an eyebrow at Makoto when he'd make the sudden announcement, the young woman seemingly caught off-guard a little. She hadn't been aware of any pressing matter they'd all needed to discuss, that is, any that had been personally discussed with her. There certainly were things that needed to be discussed, but... Kyoko was annoyed.

And she didn't feel annoyed that often.

Regardless of whether Makoto meant to do it or not, Kyoko had been getting the feeling that he was avoiding her ever since their little debate just before the explosion, like he wanted to avoid talking to her. The situation was familiar, that is, the situation of Makoto not wanting to talk to her about something, and she was fixing to be just as irritated as back then too.

She hated it when he kept secrets from her without a good reason.

When everyone would all report to the Command Center, which acted as the temporary makeshift Meeting Room since that was currently out of commission for obvious reasons, Makoto would be seen in the front standing next to Ritsuko, the second-in-command of the United Nations. Ritsuko, keeping a cool, collected expression like she usually did, pocketed her hands in her white coat, beginning to speak when everyone had gathered.

76596d00d9204c87a255d04b1a4de608.png

"We've gathered you all here today in order to make an announcement. In light of the unexpected explosion that rocked this entire place, I've discussed matters with Commander Makoto Naegi over what the best move should be, and we've managed to reach a conclusion together," she took a breath, eyeing Ilona for a brief moment, before continuing.

"I can imagine some of you might find problem with what we've decided, but I assure you that this is for the best. Commander Naegi, would you like to do the honors, or shall I?"

kiri030.png

Kyoko gave a visibly perplexed look, simply wondering to herself what idea the woman had planted into Makoto's head. Part of her didn't want to know, after the folder she had looked at upon hijacking Makoto's computer that one night a few weeks ago giving her an idea, but there was no helping it.

And so, one way or another, she would find out.

Makoto had been silent ever since the announcement, standing tall, yet with his eye looking off toward something nobody else but him could see. The expression on his face was one of determination, though any who knew him well enough would see that it hid a deep sadness within him. Makoto had yet to abandon hope, but he knew something had to change.

Ruby and the others were right. It was time to move forward.

"The source of the blast has been confirmed," Makoto said after Ritsuko spoke. It seemed he was going forward with making the announcement himself. "As many of you know, it was Ilona, a member of the Coalition who we have had under watch for some time now. She was here as a friend. A mutual agreement to study her unique abilities. Yet..."

inpqLPl.png

Makoto's head turned to take in all the people around him. All of them listening to him. His hands balled into fists at his sides, yet he stood tall. "... Ilona's abilities are born of malevolence. Her mother and father were tainted by despair, and so this has passed on to their daughter. I know she is a good person. I believe in her. However... I also have to agree with Ritsuko and the bulk of the United Nations when they say that such a power can't be left unchecked. That is why... I..."

Makoto closed his eyes. He needed Ritsuko to say the rest.

Ritsuko, far more stone-faced than the boy, would seem to give a lightly exasperated sigh, as though disappointed that Makoto wasn't able to go through with saying that they had intended to do by himself.

"Essentially, the plan is to detain Ilona. If we're to come to understand how the nature of the Malevolence inside her works, considering we've never seen a case like her before, and prevent any more lives from being affected by it, we have to do what is natural to do when we don't know something. We study. We'll do studies, conduct tests, and try to find a way to suppress the Malevolence inside, if not remove it from her being," The woman explained at length without missing a beat.

"It's fortunate that we had a number of powered people like Wanda Maximoff around to shield others from the blast, lest the entire base be easily extinguished of life, but even with these powers that we have, three lives were lost, one sent into a coma, and many others otherwise injured. Just imagine how dangerously powerful this energy could become if we don't quarantine her. The way I see it, we're lucky. Imagine the horrors that would be unleashed if she were put into a public environment without any sort of watch."

"That's why we have to put her under quarantine. With or without the approval of the Secretary-General."

ee1dd9f93946426b84a1aedbc31328ee.png

"Quarantine? You're making it sound like she's a walking disease," Akiko only remarked seriously, a light scowl tugging at the edges of her lips.

"But... Surely, there has to be an alternative."

"Akiko, please," Doppo said, raising an arm to calm her down, taking it upon himself to speak now.

tumblr_o6gnvnGEjh1vt7i5ao5_250.png

With a serious, wary expression, he would pose a question to Ritsuko. "If this plan were to proceed without a hitch, how long would you expect this... "detaining" to last?"

Ritsuko sighed lightly, simply shrugging her shoulders. "... I can't say. It isn't like there's a textbook about malevolence, nor would we be able to write one with all the current knowledge we have on it. For all we know, it could take years, maybe even decades, before we can fully cure her of her... condition."

Cosmo then spoke up, wanting to say his piece.

IWtODq3.jpg

"ThIs is what Cosmo feared most. Cosmo has been doink much thinkink. Ilona is good girl, however the power overwhelms her. Not her fault. Ilona needs people lookink out for her, protectink her from her powers. She needs guidance to control them. As much as it hurts Cosmo to suggest this, it's not safe for her out there, and it is not safe for us if she is out there. Nobody wins. We need to guard her, and help her grow. Only until we're sure we can let go."

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

In contrast to Doppo, who seemed wary, and Akiko who was testy with the prospect at best, Kyoko would be more openly in disagreement over the so-called plan, glaring not at Ritsuko, but at Makoto.

"You... would agree to something like this, Makoto?" She asked, a slight tinge of the feeling of betrayal able to be heard in her voice, as though that was what she felt at the moment. "After everything you fought for, all the conviction in your ideals that you'd demonstrated for as long as we knew each other, your big plan is just to lock up a person, real and breathing, I feel I need to emphasize, and keep her isolated from civilization because of her power?"

Ahem.

tumblr_nqw1rpn7FK1ua3tajo5_1280.png

Raising a hand to step in, Ocelot would interrupt Kyoko to speak.

"I think that Ms. Akagi makes valid points. We don't, and likely are unable to, know about the true, deeper nature of Ilona's capabilities, and I'd rather not find out, lest it has to be paid for with more lives needlessly," the young soldier stated, before continuing, "And... With all due respect, Co-Commander Kirigiri, you've been out of action for a long time. I don't... think you're entirely aware of the situation, and why this is a necessary step not only for the sake of the multiverse's protection, but also preserving the relationship between the Coalition and the United Nations."

Essentially, it was as though he had told Kyoko that she didn't know what she was talking about, using the basis that she'd been out of commission for so long. But conversely, Kyoko personally thought that that made her even better equipped than if she had stayed in constant action.

kiri014.png

"..."

Still, she ignored the man's words for the time being. If he wanted to make arguments in an attempt to undermine her opinion's credibility, then that was that, but she would have her voice be heard one way or another.

"Makoto... What happened to you?"

Makoto looked flustered at Kyoko's sharp words that bordered on accusations of betrayal. His face grew red hot and he stammered out a few unintelligible syllables, only to then be drowned out by Byakuya.

hWMU2tw.png

"Let's not forget the fact that there are those out there who may try to use Ilona for their own benefit. The issue is not exactly that the girl has destructive power, for many standing here have the potential for such destruction in them as well. No amount of platitudes will change the fact that this girl has been used indirectly to kill others. That her power comes from the very force our enemies use is even more pressing."

kiri038.png

"But... That's exactly it! Many people, even right in this room, have potentially highly destructive power within them, and while their stability levels fluctuate depending on the person, it wasn't Ilona's fault. She was manipulated into discharging that power, just as anyone else could have been. Or... Did you neglect to recall her testimony that Jill Valentine was found dead before the explosion?" She remarked sharply, seemingly only growing more and more heated, unlike her usual composed self.

"Hey..." Sorey raised a hand, looking more intrigued by all this than anything.

49NgNeI.png

"I don't know if many people here are aware, but I have some ability to sense malevolence. It's not so effective here, but... I've never been able to sense any kind of malevolence from Ilona. The fact that she can generate it despite that is honestly... kind of frightening."

nyFmcLl.png

"But that doesn't mean Sorey and I agree with keeping her locked up," Mikleo said, crossing his arms. He glanced toward his friend for a moment, who nodded back to him in turn. "What Ilona probably needs is our support more than anything."

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

Captain-Commander Kieran had been silently fuming since this meeting began. His mind had been on other things since the blast, but to hear that he had been left out of such an important matter angered him to no end. This was entirely wrong, for more than just Ilona's sake. "I'm done with the Coalition blindly following the UN's orders! We are supposed to be independent... given the choice to make our own decisions without outside influence! The UN has demanded enough of us, and I will not let them strong-arm us into another decision. You have three leaders of the Coalition here... and two are saying no."

Makoto's nervousness only grew at such a vocal outburst. He had been trying to keep the peace for so long that at this point, it was almost the only thing that mattered. Kyoko didn't understand the dynamics, while Kieran... well, Makoto knew Kieran just felt guilty.

"No," Makoto uttered, his voice surprisingly firm. "A horrible, awful tragedy has befallen us. I can not ignore it... I will not ignore it. It is at Ilona's own request that she be sheltered from others, isn't it? Why deny her that choice? We are here to listen to others and make compromises if needed. This is to make everyone happy!"

kiri010.png

"This is hardly a compromise that everyone can be happy with. You're taking away years, possibly decades as Ms. Akagi herself has stated, from this person's life, just because she has potential to be dangerous, just like most other people around here," she said, practically scolding Makoto for even considering doing something like this, "The UN may not have had any hold on the Coalition when I was around, and if this is how things would turn out, maybe I really should have stayed."

Unfazed by Kyoko's words, the lavender haired detective giving the older woman a brief scowl, Ritsuko even stifled a dryly amused chuckle, before speaking in response.

"You're ignoring what your friend, who seems to understand the situation better than you, said before. Ilona herself requested to be detained. Who are we to deny someone like that a request that aligns with our own interests?" She inquired, gesturing towards everyone in the room with her arms, as though challenging anyone to speak up against her and the others who agreed with her.

xHGEyvj.jpg

"Did she really ask for it? I'd rather hear it from her own mouth, if you don't mind me not taking your word for it," Akiko said somewhat cantankerously, unfitting of how she usually was, before realizing something, "Where is Ilona anyway? I was under the impression she'd be here for this meeting that's all about her."

"She's been taken into our custody and is currently being transported to the UN Base of Operations as we speak," Ritsuko answered, crossing her arms, "You can protest all you want, people, but I have the authority, the power, here," she continued, glancing at Robin in the process, "Apologies if it seems like I'm overstepping my authority, Secretary-General, but I'd say this is a just cause for emergency powers."

9OF792U.png

"H-Hold on a minute! You can't just do that under our noses!" Shiki exclaimed in objection, to which Ocelot would interject.

"Our? You aren't even a member of the Coalition officially. Don't talk like you have that great a grasp on the situation. You're even worse off than Co-Commander Kirigiri, I'd wager," the soldier said.

EPtUVPc.png

"Oh, nice, I guess some people's opinions just matter less when they disagree with you, huh?" Gwen Stacy remarked snappily, her form stuck to the wall as she looked judgingly at Ocelot for the moment.

"Guys! Really?" Uhura intervened, attempting to get the conversation back on track, "Making accusations and insulting others isn't going to get us anywhere. Let's not get heated up so quickly."

"Indeed," Ritsuko nodded, before producing what appeared to be a communicator device from her pocket, "But if you all really want to hear it, then be my guest," she spoke, pressing a button on it and speaking to it, "Deputy Secretary-General speaking. Can I get a status on Ilona? Everyone wants to hear a word from her before she leaves."

Silence ensued, before she would uncomfortably clear her throat.

"Come in. Did you hear me?"

"... gone..." A faint voice would respond weakly, prompting Ritsuko's eyes to widen in shock.

"W-What?!"

"She's... gone... We... attacked by... h-him..." The voice on the other end responded, before the connection would abruptly cut off... as though someone else had ended it deliberately.

"What the hell...! Dammit, what's going on out there?! Come in. I said report!" Ritsuko exclaimed angrily into the device, but alas, it would avail to nothing.

"... Ahem."

2520136bc48040228ad29afcfdf74ba7.png

"What's going on here? Where's Ilona?"

A collective gasp went out amid the Coaltiion recruits as the reality of the situation came over them. Makoto was among them, his eyes going wide in fear to learn yet another despairing situation had come upon them. "Ilona...? Who do they mean by... him...?"

"Damn it!" Kieran roared. He started making his way toward the exit of the room. "Captain-Commander Kieran is getting to the bottom of this!"

However, as Kieran was about to leave, Alvin came rushing into the room. "We have a situation here...!" he began, but trailed off when he saw the looks on everyone's faces.

m9LoLNH.png

He choked back an angry grumble, eyes searching for Makoto. "Alter Ego got an emergency transmission from our double agent inside Umbrella. It's reported that, only minutes ago, that Ilona was transferred to their facility on Silent Earth. Seems they've made a breakthrough... they plan to use her power."

4da4c31f2746465eaa012b21c82d18d0.png

"S-Silent Earth?! But... Isn't that the site of the tragic Silent Hill Incident from way back then?!" Doppo exclaimed in shock, and it seemed like he wasn't the only one to have a strong reaction to the revelation.

If the room was at a fever pitch before, this new information rocked the group to their core, for all at the very least understood that this was a dire development. "There's no telling what they could do!" Kieran yelled, turning back to look upon Makoto and Kyoko. "There's no time to think... we have to stage a rescue mission!"

Makoto stared back at his friend, words failing him. So many voices bounced off him, mixing together into an unintelligible din of noise. All Makoto could so was bury his hands in his hair, closing his eyes as his mind desperately searched for answers.

... But it seemed there was no need to find an answer, for one would be provided anyway. Makoto heard a shrill noise cut through the Command Center, causing his eyes to open. A dark mist seemed to seep into the room, covering everyone in an inky darkness.

Everything was dark, and soon, nothing could be heard.

When next the group awoke, they would find themselves unbelievably cold. It was a chill that seemed to seep into their skin and cool their bones.

The sky above was a disquieting dull grey with storm clouds forming above. The ground was the concrete of an empty street. Buildings surrounded the group with trees, foliage, and power lines providing the setting of a typical town.

ZP6DGt5.jpg

Last but not least, a fog settled over the group. The mist itself felt heavy in a way, as if it was weighing on everyone's shoulders. The air itself would clog the senses, making one feel almost out of breath. Amidst the fog, powers would not be as effective as usual.

Not everyone within the Coalition's headquarters had been transferred over, but a good many had. Makoto looked around, finding no sign of Commander Shepard or Paladin Danse who had both been present within the Command Center. Either that was a good thing, or a very bad thing.

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

Despite the effects of the fog, Shiki did his best to remain calm in the face of adversity. Hard to believe that it had only been roughly a year for him since the last time he had ended up within Silent Earth. The Arch Demon's Downfall showed him a lot about who he was, and what he was afraid of, but it also showed him what he was willing to fight for. Of course, it wasn't until later that he'd discover what he was willing to live for, but here and now, the tense atmosphere of death and despair, it was familiar.

It was so familiar that Shiki remembered vividly how it was just like his life, only a short two years ago. And he remembered why it was imperative that he had to leave this kind of place behind if he knew what was good for him.

"This place... It's... It really is..."

"We're in Silent Hill... or maybe, more accurately, Silent Earth." Makoto paused, seemingly stuck on what to say. The sound of Kyoko clearing her throat brought him out of his reverie. "... Something has gone horribly wrong. We've been compromised. Everyone! I need you to know this! ... Silent Earth works in strange ways. It plays tricks on the mind... conjures illusions... It wants to trap you and bring you into despair. What matters most is the strength of your will, not how powerful you are. Do you understand? Whatever we say, please listen... and please stay strong."

kiri007.png

"If nothing else, you should all also stay strong to make up for our tentative loss of numbers," Kyoko would promptly add on to Makoto's words, pointing out the disappearance of those who had previously been present back in HQ. Sure enough, anyone who would look around would notice that as far as authority figures and representatives went, the only people around were Makoto, Kyoko, and Kieran, the big three of the Coalition.

"It's likely that they were separated from us, whether by chance or deliberately by whoever brought us here, though regardless, we need to regroup and then think up a plan concerning rescuing Ilona and getting out of here," she continued, maintaining her cool within her expression and voice, even despite the fog that haunted everyone around...

... though the more observant ones around would notice her legs shaking quite a bit.

Even the strong, sometimes, were not invincible.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Wren as Bradley Martin Holland (OC)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@Archwar as Doomguy (Doom)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@Krieg as Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@Cirilla as Mercy (Overwatch)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Chewy Rabbits as Nemo and Astaroth (Murder Series)
@Raven as Piper Wright (Fallout)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@C.T. as Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada(Overwatch)
@Grumpy as Rick Sanchez (Rick & Morty)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant and Bozidar Hephaistos (OC)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@pubbbb as Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama (Mob Psycho 100)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Melon as Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane (Voltron)
@Takumi as Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
@Yang Lee as Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
Scott would not be able to smell much at all. He would feel as if his senses were clogged.

Makoto reached out toward Bibi, moving quickly to grab him before he could go wandering off into the fog. "The situation is very dangerous! We..." His voice trailed off, fingers slowly relaxing so that his grip on the small boy lessened. "... can't go off alone." He stood and stared in tentative silence, head looking up toward the gloomy skies above. Just how had things come to this?

He turned around, finding faces that stared back at him with looks of malice and fear... despite the situation, the argument from moments before was fresh on everyone's minds. He knew few were thinking highly of him, but that didn't matter, not really... Makoto had to stand by his convictions. He believed in what he felt was the right thing in the end.

"Our strike team is lacking at the moment," Kieran said to Lucifer, sounding rather calm despite his anger moments before. It was a stark contrast to his usual bumbling self. "And unfortunately the group gathered here seems to be a random assortment of our people. Without Wanda, Sorey, or Ludger, we're going to have a tough time." Kieran held out his right hand, flexing his fingers as if wishing he held a weapon. "They want us here for a reason... staging a rescue for Ilona will not come easy."

"Kieran, we shouldn't move from this spot. Wandering out into the fog could get us lost forever. I--"

"Makoto, I'm sorry, but I'm not I want to talk to you right now. I don't even know what you'll do if we find Ilona..."

JL8WyY7.png

"No... you're right. That's why Captain-Commander Kieran is going to get us a way out of here. Just give me a moment to think..."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Minerva @Sen @Crow @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @All
"Then we'll improvise Captain-Commander. To do nothing will just give our enemies the time to fulfill their plans without interference. At the least, we have two of them with us." Lucifer looked towards Ruby Rose and Deoxys before adding quietly, eyes glittering with an underlying malice though not directed at anyone here. "And then once we find them, we'll see about returning the favor they paid upon us earlier."

It was bravado. But needful- He didn't need his Damphir senses to detect the mood, so the time was now to act as though he knew what he was doing. If only to help by small degrees. But he hadn't gone through all those previous experiences, just to falter now. Laying down and die was what their enemies wanted.

And that was no option at all.

"Several things. Firstly, we're going to need to organize our people. Those who are comfortable in close-range combat and those with ranged capability with our non-combatants and civilians in the middle. We'll move as a group and find a place of shelter- Somewhere out of the open. We don't know if they're watching, but we'll assume they are and prepare for the worst. Beyond that?"

He considered for a moment before adding.

"We have no idea where we are. We're going to need scouts and a way to get our bearing."

"I'll scout."

Saber Alter stepped forward as she spoke, eyes narrowed.

"I am Malevolence incarnate....Its tricks will not work on me as others."

Lucifer nodded in response. "You'll need someone to go with you though."

Saber Alter shrugged. "If someone wishes, I will gladly accept company. But they'll have to keep up in this cursed place."

@Minerva @Atomyk @The Tactician @whoever​
kiri011.png

"While your enthusiasm and spirit are appreciated, Agent... Anghelscu, was it? Unless Ruby Rose and Deoxys are enough by themselves, the Strike Team is a bit lacking right now, though... Either way, we should at least wait for the others around to gather their bearings before formulating a plan. If we were brought here deliberately, they may have already developed plans to counteract any that we might come up with," Kyoko would speak up in response to Lucifer, remaining cautious as she'd support her chin with her fist, maintaining a somewhat inquisitive pose.

Her words basically seemed to line up with Kieran's, not just for the absence of most of the Strike Team, but also the possibility that everyone was here for a reason. Here. A place where malevolence could be easily harnessed and used for evil. A place where despair was as natural as air.

"For the time being, I'd suggest instead that we all stick together. No telling what kind of trap or assault the enemy is planning behind the scenes, but we'd be in no shape to spring them immediately in this state," she spoke warily, sighing briefly as she'd purse her lips, troubled by a great many other things.

kiri004.png

"For example..."

Without even bothering to shoot Makoto any sort of look, Kyoko would then proceed to make her way behind the pensive, yet seething Kieran, placing a gloved hand on his shoulder as a gesture to comfort her ally.

"Kieran... You're not the only one in this fight, you know. You don't have anything to prove. We're all in this together. Even..." She began to trail off, her other fist clenching briefly, though the young woman would attempt to refrain from giving in to the fog around, "Even the ones who make it hard to work with. Just... cool off. If not for your own, then for Ilona's. A plan hastily made by a heated mind is nowhere near as effective as one made with a clear head, after all."

@Atomyk @Ringmaster @The Tactician
@Hospes @Sen @Atomyk @Verite @C.T. @Josh M @Bomb @Crow @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9
@Whoever I guess

Ruby Rose

Zwei's barking towards a camera, that at first looked to be in working order drew Ruby's attention, though it was busted, like the others in the room. However, she quickly understood what the little dog was hinting at... Looking towards the others around her, she was about to say something... Seeing as there must have been cameras around the coalition, there must be at least some footage of Jill's killer laying around somewhere, right?

However, an announcement came on... Informing them of an emergency meeting... It was too late; she had a feeling that those in the cells weren't the only ones aware of what had happened with Ilona... With a sigh, she picked up Zwei, noticing he had been preparing to run off somewhere, despite his small whine in protest.

"Sorry boy... Maybe later..." She whispered.

Then, she made her way towards the meeting room, naturally waiting for her trusty teammate Weiss... Not keen on leaving her behind on the way there.

As the meeting drew on, Ruby couldn't help but feel... Torn about the whole situation...

At first, it was hard to decide what side to take... With the unconscious form of Jennifer still fresh in her mind, as well as the immense amount of guilt on Ilona's face.

The decision was hard to make... Since it was hard to tell what was the "best" decision to make in this situation... Ilona posed a potential threat as long as she wasn't contained but... Containing her might as well be stealing multiple years from her life...

Even so... The more she thought about it... The more she found the answer clearer and clearer... It was impossible for her to side with those that sought to contain Ilona... While she understood the reason behind it... Doing so would go against everything she had fought for... Everything she was fighting for.

Ilona deserved a chance... A chance that it seemed the UN was not willing to give her. After all... Someone had killed Jill Valentine, and conveniently enough... Ilona had stumbled across her body. The resulting feeling of despair had caused that explosion... Which made the distinct possibility clear that someone had wanted this to happen... Someone had set Ilona up.

Ruby's train of thought was promptly interrupted when she heard that Ilona was missing... Taken to the Silent Earth, by none other than Umbrella; it looks like the UN was hit by surprise... And now, they planned to unleash her power... Having had some sort of breakthrough with it...

Though the situation was dire, Ruby was not filled with fear... But instead, with a grim sense of determination; no matter what happened, they had to find Ilona... And she would do everything in her to get Ilona back.

The loud shrill siren that pierced through the area was... Familiar... The first time she had heard it, back when they had fought against the Arch Demon, it had been so loud that she had to will herself desperately not to cover her ears. But now... She didn't seem to pay it any mind, drawing her crescent rose just as a familiar mist swept through the room... Before she lost consciousness, she only had one thought in her mind...

"I... Have to... Find... Ilona."

The bleak atmosphere, the endless mist, the seemingly forgotten city... Ruby remembered it all too well from the last time she and Sophie had encountered this place... The Silent Earth, but this time, she knew better than to carelessly run out.

After all, she wasn't out here alone anymore... Though the only strike team member she could see right now was Deoxys, she still had Weiss, Zwei... And plenty of others to worry about leaving behind. Even with her determination to find Ilona, it seemed that Ruby had calmed down a little after what had happened during that meeting, and carefully put down Zwei before she got a better look at her surroundings.

BcpQP4R.gif

For the time being, she idly looked around, trying to see if she could spot anything out in the fog... With her Crescent Rose hanging from one of her hands, as her cape billowed in the strange breeze.

For the moment... Ruby seemed awfully quiet... Perhaps because she was a bit concentrated on her goal at the moment, but on the other hand... Someone observant enough might notice a strange suitcase dangling off of her travel pack, it looked quite bulky but yet... It had apparantly been light enough not to hinder Ruby very much when she had been zipping to and fro in the Coalition HeadQuarters... What could she have possibly brought with her?

(...Well, other than an incredible amount of cookies or something)

Zwei

Upon Ruby's acknowledgement of his behavior, Zwei barked again, preparing to bound off to some other part of the Coalition headquarters, but, an incoming announcement made Ruby pick him up just before he got away... Of course, Zwei wasn't happy, and whined a little in protest of this, even after Ruby's apologies, but didn't seem to fight her grip too much.

Throughout the whole meeting, Zwei's tail wagged in a nervous manner, and he had his ears pressed against his head, it was pretty apparant that while he was unable to fully understand what was happening, he definitely understood enough for it to upset him... Coupled with the troubled look that was on Ruby's face. Though as a siren suddenly pierced the air, he whined, burying his Ruby's arms so that it would cover his ears a little as he pressed them against his head. Looks like this wasn't very good for his sensitive hearing, not at all... However... He suddenly felt... Sleepy... And before he knew it, he had lost consciousness...

Zwei awoke to a very peculiar environment... A forsaken looking town with a strange mist... And a mysterious combination of smells and sounds. As Ruby put him down, his ears quickly pricked up as he stood still, sniffing the air as he listened for any unusual sounds coming from beyond the mist. His heightened sense of smell and hearing might just help him out in this situation... As ones vision wouldn't be reliable in a place like this, wherever it was... Zwei didn't know.

mfnlLhp.png

Spotting the Producers, Zen paced up to them with a smile. Faces he recognized! "Whew, looks like PD-ssi is safe and sound too," he sighed. "That's good."

Qu894Bp.gif

He listened to Stile with mild fascination. Smell her out? Zen sniffed the air himself. Smelt horrible, that was for sure. And cold, really cold. He rubbed his nose, it was numb. At least he had a coat to keep himself warm. "I'm almost jealous so many people here have abilities." The actor sighed, "Would I be more popular if I had my own...?"
"People don't consider a pretty face an ability..."

@Crow @LuckycooHawk9 @Atomyk @Anyone

glXTgGe.png

"I am glad to see that you are safe. I may not be your Producer, but..."

WBJfeMo.png

"A true Producer cares for all idols, even those of other Producers. Or in this case, just Producees in general. That's what you were going to say, right?"

"Not precisely, but let us go with that."

kiri011.png

"While your enthusiasm and spirit are appreciated, Agent... Anghelscu, was it? Unless Ruby Rose and Deoxys are enough by themselves, the Strike Team is a bit lacking right now, though... Either way, we should at least wait for the others around to gather their bearings before formulating a plan. If we were brought here deliberately, they may have already developed plans to counteract any that we might come up with," Kyoko would speak up in response to Lucifer, remaining cautious as she'd support her chin with her fist, maintaining a somewhat inquisitive pose.

Her words basically seemed to line up with Kieran's, not just for the absence of most of the Strike Team, but also the possibility that everyone was here for a reason. Here. A place where malevolence could be easily harnessed and used for evil. A place where despair was as natural as air.

"For the time being, I'd suggest instead that we all stick together. No telling what kind of trap or assault the enemy is planning behind the scenes, but we'd be in no shape to spring them immediately in this state," she spoke warily, sighing briefly as she'd purse her lips, troubled by a great many other things.

kiri004.png

"For example..."

Without even bothering to shoot Makoto any sort of look, Kyoko would then proceed to make her way behind the pensive, yet seething Kieran, placing a gloved hand on his shoulder as a gesture to comfort her ally.

"Kieran... You're not the only one in this fight, you know. You don't have anything to prove. We're all in this together. Even..." She began to trail off, her other fist clenching briefly, though the young woman would attempt to refrain from giving in to the fog around, "Even the ones who make it hard to work with. Just... cool off. If not for your own, then for Ilona's. A plan hastily made by a heated mind is nowhere near as effective as one made with a clear head, after all."

@Atomyk @Ringmaster @The Tactician

WBJfeMo.png

"So basically, Saber Alter over here can sniff Illona out, right Ms Kirigiri? So, she's our best bet?" Kido asks the taller woman. "But yes, I think it's a good idea to stick in a large group for starters. Guess I should leave the military stuff to the military guys. You've specified the mental fog thing that messes with our heads..." Kido's legs begin to tremble, "do we need to look out for anything such as z- z- zombies? This place is a little too silent to not have inhabitants..."

@Verite @Atomyk @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Tactician @Sen

Moments before Elesis could get in with that attack, the Crimson Avenger was immediately encased in a plasma-like force field, preventing her from proceeding with her attack onto Astaroth.

tumblr_o95gb6o16M1v3qowuo2_100.png

"So this is where Elesis ran off to? Sorry about... her behavior... she's usually not like this."

Add strolled into the holding cells, having projected this particle prism to keep Elesis in place, going as far as sending a certain amount of electrocution to knock her out so she could silently calm down. With that done, Add blinked as he looked over to see that Ilona was here too. He didn't have much to share to her in words, but it was interesting to see her here out of nowhere.
s37aHz3.jpg

"What is wrong with you?!"

Towering over Crimson Avenger, hellfire lingered around Astaroth's claws and tail as he bared his fangs at Elesis. What did this witch have against him? Or was it just his looks alone that provoked her? Hmph, just another reason for his wariness of humans to grow more and more. Demons had seen that the race had capacity for kindness like in Nemo and Astaroth's lover, Yukin. But there were bad apples in every bunch and this woman seemed to be the baddest one there. Motioning for Nemo to stay back, Astaroth charged at Elesis, set to tear her apart!

But just as Esper restricted Elesis, Nemo stood in front of the demon with his sword pointed towards Elesis and Esper. Skidding to a stop, Astaroth's claws lowered and the flame vanished from his claws as he glanced down at the boy concerned as could be. He hadn't meant to get his best friend mixed up in this brief scuffle but Nemo couldn't stand by while people fought. Least of all when the fighting involved his best friend.

Pointing a glare Esper's way, Nemo turned the sword his way as the pentagram in his Devil's Eye began to spin.

yROLTS6.jpg

"Mister? I don't know what relationship this lady has with you, but you better watch yourself! If my friend had been hurt then you'd be in big trouble! So, keep your friend better under control next time! So that way nobody has to get hur, okay?"

Sheathing the sword, Nemo let out a sigh of exasperation. He had meant to come here so him and Astaroth could go home! He didn't need to get mixed up in any fights that might have ended up with Astaroth or someone else getting hurt. Astaroth already worried about being viewed as a monster, Nemo wasn't going to let people get ammunition to call him as such! Gently grasping Astaroth's claw, Nemo sought to lead him back to the others.

"Nemo, you didn't need to do that.."

"I always do right by the people I care about. Even those that pick fights with me and my friends? I want to make sure they don't get either. Just the kind of person I am, you know that Astaroth!"

"...Heh, yeah guess I do."
"The source of the blast has been confirmed," Makoto said after Ritsuko spoke. It seemed he was going forward with making the announcement himself. "As many of you know, it was Ilona, a member of the Coalition who we have had under watch for some time now. She was here as a friend. A mutual agreement to study her unique abilities. Yet..."

inpqLPl.png

Makoto's head turned to take in all the people around him. All of them listening to him. His hands balled into fists at his sides, yet he stood tall. "... Ilona's abilities are born of malevolence. Her mother and father were tainted by despair, and so this has passed on to their daughter. I know she is a good person. I believe in her. However... I also have to agree with Ritsuko and the bulk of the United Nations when they say that such a power can't be left unchecked. That is why... I..."

Ritsuko, far more stone-faced than the boy, would seem to give a lightly exasperated sigh, as though disapp
a1BipXy.jpg

"W-What??"

Nemo knew a thing or two about people keeping separate from others. It's what the demons as a whole did as they had all been humans at one point and committed sins which landed them right in Hell upon their deaths. Hence they avoided humanity as much as they could and Nemo seemed to be the shining exception. With his best friend and Astaroth's on and off girlfriend Yukin being the other one as she was willing to carve a blood swathe through Hell to get her man back!

But this girl was a human! Or so she seemed to be from what little Nemo had managed to glimpse of her while she'd been in that cell. So what if her parents had some problems or something! She deserved to hang around others and have fun just like everyone else!

Granted, Nemo might not have been the best authority given his best friends were a martial artist who fought a bloodthirsty evil organization and a demon who'd tear the throats out of anyone who wronged Nemo. But he'd been through a period of having no one to turn to, no one to call a friend. It was the whole reasoning behind him being taken out of school and put into home-schooling.

He even understood the whole idea that came with Illona's power! When his eye had been gouged out by the fanatics who thought Astaroth's kind should go back to Hell, he got a demon's eye to replace it. The demons were wary of sending him home however for what would his parents think? Would they be horrified or would they be upset with the 'demons who did this to him?' and for a time Nemo considered going on the run. With nothing but Astaroth to keep him company.

Yet in the end he chose to stay. He could run all he wanted. But in the end he could never truly leave behind his mother's warm embrace and his father's caring heart forever! Even if he did have the eye of a demon in him and demon blood flowing through his veins, he'd never truly be alone! Why did this girl have to be?

"T-This isn't right! I understand this girl's power is dangerous but she shouldn't be kept away from others! Maybe if we work together with her, we can teach her how to control it? I'd offer to help! I know what it's like having a strong power..." Granted Nemo's power wasn't nearly as destructive since all of the demons with the exception of Cain were his friends and thus wouldn't cause any trouble. But he still had to train with Yukin vigorously to keep it under control!

Given that Astaroth and him ended up at Remila's Mansion instead of summoning a demon, he still had some training he could do.

vDPVLwm.jpg

Astaroth for his part took a far more bleak view on the whole thing. This was just human nature at work as far as he was concerned. Ostracizing the outsider, the one who didn't fit in for one reason or another. Sure, her power may have been deadly but had she asked for it? No, she had been saddled with it at birth and now she had to the pay the consequences. It was absolutely revolting to the demon's eyes. More so since Illona was only a child!

Astaroth hadn't always been a demon. He'd once been an African-American teen trying to work out a meager living in the more burnt-out districts of Detroit and had made a stupid decision. One that had cost him his life and likely that of his much younger little brother's. Astaroth or Michael Summers as he had been known in real life would never know for sure and even when he was allowed to roam the Earth once more? He was too ashamed to go and look for himself.

All in all, this had left Astaroth with a very dim view of those he viewed as harming children. Serial Killers, pedophiles, they all got branded with the same stick and were the people that Astaroth didn' care about his race's secrecy around. He'd make them pay no matter what! It could even go so far as physically harming a child like Nemo had sadly gone through more times than Astaroth liked to recall.

"Disgusting..." Astaroth said simply as the debate continued to bubble up.
Last but not least, a fog settled over the group. The mist itself felt heavy in a way, as if it was weighing on everyone's shoulders. The air itself would clog the senses, making one feel almost out of breath. Amidst the fog, powers would not be as effective as usual.

Not everyone within the Coalition's headquarters had been transferred over, but a good many had. Makoto looked around, finding no sign of Commander Shepard or Paladin Danse who had both been present within the Command Center. Either that was a good thing, or a very bad thing.
BbObROk.png

As the darkness-like substance began to ooze towards Remila and Sakuya, Nemo drew his sword and began to run towards them. His cheeks were tinted pink but there was no time to feel shy now! He had to save the girl upon whom he crushed so hard! Trying to cleave through the darkness as best as he could, Nemo yelped as he realized how futile it was. Reaching out a hand towards Remila, the boy yelled.

"Remila!"

Watching as Nemo ran off to try and aid the vampire who was in charge of the asshole who shot the two of them and that maid, Astaroth flapped his wing as he tried to grab Nemo. Managing to scoop an arm around the boy's waist, Astaroth held him close as the darkness engulfed the both of them.

I said I'd never let anything hurt you, Nemo and I meant it..
kiri007.png

"If nothing else, you should all also stay strong to make up for our tentative loss of numbers," Kyoko would promptly add on to Makoto's words, pointing out the disappearance of those who had previously been present back in HQ. Sure enough, anyone who would look around would notice that as far as authority figures and representatives went, the only people around were Makoto, Kyoko, and Kieran, the big three of the Coalition.

"It's likely that they were separated from us, whether by chance or deliberately by whoever brought us here, though regardless, we need to regroup and then think up a plan concerning rescuing Ilona and getting out of here," she continued, maintaining her cool within her expression and voice, even despite the fog that haunted everyone around...
Having been a native of Hell since he had perished, Astaroth knew heat like nobody's business. But as a human who had passed on, he also knew the chilling grasp of Death and this entire place seemed to be filled with that same sensation. The demon stuck close to Nemo who seemed to be lot in thought. From the way this place was made out to be, it almost felt like Astaroth's Hell had switched up it's appearance a bit, got itself a makeover and was freezing instead of hot. He didn't like it one bit.

"Nemo? Stay close to me alright? The last thing we need is anybody else to end up missing-Nemo?" The demon paused when he realized he hadn't gotten an immediate response as Nem lifted up his eyepatch and the pentagram began to spin. "People are missing, Astaroth. We've got to stick together and find them like the lady said. But you're right, we're not letting anyone vanish.."

Noticing the blood starting to run down from Nemo's left eye, Astaroth's own eyes widened as he saw the five corners of the pentagram start to vanish. "Nemo, no you can't be.." The demon started before Nemo held up a hand to stop any protesting. He didn't like this decision anymore than his friend but desperate times called for desperate measures.

"'O you Soul, greatly majestic, behold, I have come that I may see you; I open the Netherworld to return to you a son that has lost his way. I have opened up every path which is in the sky and on earth, due to my master's gracious nature. I am noble, I am a spirit, I am equipped; O all you gods and all you spirits, prepare a path for me."

Nemo winced as blood ran down from his eyesocket and Astaroth coiled up his tail. Whatever Nemo had summoned, it was apparent neither of them were too keen on the whole thing. Though as the summoned demon appeared, Astaroth's tail slackened and both looked on in confusion.

8ji9Cmn.jpg

"SKRRROOOOONK!"

The bat-like demon screeched only for a quick wave from Nemo to silence it's cries. While the cold had bothered both Nemo and Astaroth, this new demon didn't seem to mind it one bit. As icy breathes escaped from it's maw, it flapped it's wings as it glanced down at the young boy who had summoned it and tilted it's head. Focusing it's glazed over eyes on him, Nemo pulled his hand back. There was sure fire sign of blood oozing from his eye revealing that he had indeed worked himself too hard. Something that only using the five corners of the pentagram would bring on.

Yet instead of summoning the Five-Corner Demon: Cain as he had intended, Nemo had summoned the Two-Corner Demon: Garthos who despite his monstrous appearance was quite docile. Was it the effects of this place on his Devil's Eye? Either way, Nemo supposed it was never bad to see an old friend in a time of need. Reaching up on his tip toes, Astaroth picked Nemo up so he could pat Garthos on the snout which earned an affectionate hiss from the creature.

GXE3rD4.jpg

"It's good to see you, Garthos. Did you see Cain while you were down in Hell?"

"Skrrrrrooonk..."

"..I see. So if Cain was there but you ended up getting summoned instead?" Nemo glanced around at the surroundings. "I don't like this place, Astaroth. Even Hell's reach doesn't seem to permeate these boundaries."

"I don't like it either, Kid..."

@Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies

@york

vgIWlJV.png

While everyone around was spending their time either gathering their bearings or skipping past that and planing ahead, Shiki was doing more of the former at the moment.

Now that he was settled here with little to do, only moving when everyone else would decide to move on, the bespectacled young man sat down on a nearby structure that was once a bench, now partially destroyed and eroded by the essence of pure evil around here. Shiki was no stranger to despair, to hopelessness, to death. In fact, death was his very being. The day he died and was revived, the day he had acquired those accursed Mystic Eyes, everything had changed for him, and he hadn't even realized it until later.

He dared to even breathe in some of the fog actively, wincing as it would result in the lines of death brought upon by his Mystic Eyes, normally suppressed by his supernatural glasses, would appear within his vision for a split-second, like veins popping in. He felt a killer headache assault his cranium for the same amount of time as well, as though it had been stabbed by a wooden stake. More than that, he began to hear voices in his head. At the moment, they were hardly more than whispers, but when what you fear the most starts to creep into your very mind, that was when it'd also start creeping under your skin.

A faint scream in his head. A girl. Of course it was a girl. Women always seemed to be the more haunting figures in his life.

... hurt me! You touched me! You violated me! You left me! You...

The young man shook his head, as though attempting to shake the voice out of his head, though he knew that if they all were to remain in Silent Earth for much longer, he'd have to carve the voice out of his very brain if he wanted it gone. The inhuman nature of the very air almost made Shiki's blood boil. A natural physical reaction, but one that he had hoped he was used to by now. Then again, he should have known by now.

He couldn't deny his Nanaya heritage, even if he might call himself a Tohno or an Arima or anything else.

On another note, if there was one thing he ought to be thinking over right now, it was Ilona. He felt... guilty. Remorseful that he didn't believe her claims that she had single-handedly caused the explosion. Shiki didn't know why he felt that way in the first place. Maybe it was simply too convenient to take in just like that. Maybe he didn't want to believe it, even if the signs were all there.

Maybe he still hadn't learned to trust others, much less himself.

But even so, if... rather, when, he would meet Ilona again, he'd be sure to promptly give an apology and make it up to her. He owed her that much, if not for the sake of her parents, if not for his own sake, then for her.

shVSiWJ.png

Phew. These negative thoughts really do creep on me fast. Staying positive was always harder than I imagined, Shiki idly thought to himself, softly knocking on his own temple.

He would knock himself back into reality with that, and with the help of the small, prepubescent girl shaking his arm. Looking to his side, the young man would find Len, back in her human form, looking intensely at him. Or rather, by her standard, giving him a simple look.

len10_zpsa46d3039.png

"..."

Giving a small breath that almost sounded like a laugh, Shiki would force a smile and gently pat Len's head like a child, trying to force his own spirits up. "There you are, Len. You're not still mad at me, are you? You know I was just joking. Well, in any case, I'm just glad you're okay. Arcueid would kill me if I lost you somewhere."

"..."

"Oh my god, Len, that was a joke too."

"... Hmph."

He was almost surprised to hear Len make an audible noise, even if it was a huff made as she'd look away from him, to the young man's chagrin.

"Ugh... Oh, on that note, that does remind me..." Shiki sighed, standing up and looking around, before calling out for a certain someone, "Oiiii, Sakuya-saaaan, where are you?" He would call out.

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Continued from here.

Chapter Two

After an additional hour of settling, being patched up, and helping rebuild what was destroyed in the minor cataclysm, the intercom would turn on and be heard all around the base again, Makoto's voice ringing out this time instead of Kyoko's.

"Ah... E-Everyone who is not already here, please report to the Command Center immediately for an emergency meeting. We have... something pressing to discuss."

kiri006.png

"...?"

Kyoko only silently raised an eyebrow at Makoto when he'd make the sudden announcement, the young woman seemingly caught off-guard a little. She hadn't been aware of any pressing matter they'd all needed to discuss, that is, any that had been personally discussed with her. There certainly were things that needed to be discussed, but... Kyoko was annoyed.

Regardless of whether Makoto meant to do it or not, Kyoko had been getting the feeling that he was avoiding her ever since their little debate just before the explosion, like he wanted to avoid talking to her. The situation was familiar, that is, the situation of Makoto not wanting to talk to her about something, and she was fixing to be just as irritated as back then too.

When everyone would all report to the Command Center, which acted as the temporary makeshift Meeting Room since that was currently out of commission for obvious reasons, Makoto would be seen in the front standing next to Ritsuko, the second-in-command of the United Nations. Ritsuko, keeping a cool, collected expression like she usually did, pocketed her hands in her white coat, beginning to speak when everyone had gathered.

"We've gathered you all here today in order to make an announcement. In light of the unexpected explosion that rocked this entire place, I've discussed matters with Commander Makoto Naegi over what the best move should be, and we've managed to reach a conclusion together," she took a breath, eyeing Ilona for a brief moment, before continuing.

"I can imagine some of you might find problem with what we've decided, but I assure you that this is for the best. Commander Naegi, would you like to do the honors, or shall I?"

kiri030.png

Kyoko gave a visibly perplexed look, simply wondering to herself what idea the woman had planted into Makoto's head. Part of her didn't want to know, after the folder she had looked at upon hijacking Makoto's computer that one night a few weeks ago giving her an idea, but there was no helping it.

Makoto had been silent ever since the announcement, standing tall, yet with his eye looking off toward something nobody else but him could see. The expression on his face was one of determination, though any who knew him well enough would see that it hid a deep sadness within him. Makoto had yet to abandon hope, but he knew something had to change.

inpqLPl.png

Ritsuko, far more stone-faced than the boy, would seem to give a lightly exasperated sigh, as though disappointed that Makoto wasn't able to go through with saying that they had intended to do by himself.

"Essentially, the plan is to detain Ilona. If we're to come to understand how the nature of the Malevolence inside her works, considering we've never seen a case like her before, and prevent any more lives from being affected by it, we have to do what is natural to do when we don't know something. We study. We'll do studies, conduct tests, and try to find a way to suppress the Malevolence inside, if not remove it from her being," The woman explained at length without missing a beat.

"It's fortunate that we had a number of powered people like Wanda Maximoff around to shield others from the blast, lest the entire base be easily extinguished of life, but even with these powers that we have, three lives were lost, one sent into a coma, and many others otherwise injured. Just imagine how dangerously powerful this energy could become if we don't quarantine her. The way I see it, we're lucky. Imagine the horrors that would be unleashed if she were put into a public environment without any sort of watch."

"That's why we have to put her under quarantine. With or without the approval of the Secretary-General."

"Quarantine? You're making it sound like she's a walking disease," Akiko only remarked seriously, a light scowl tugging at the edges of her lips.

"Akiko, please," Doppo said, raising an arm to calm her down, taking it upon himself to speak now.

With a serious, wary expression, he would pose a question to Ritsuko. "If this plan were to proceed without a hitch, how long would you expect this... "detaining" to last?"

Ritsuko sighed lightly, simply shrugging her shoulders. "... I can't say. It isn't like there's a textbook about malevolence, nor would we be able to write one with all the current knowledge we have on it. For all we know, it could take years, maybe even decades, before we can fully cure her of her... condition."

IWtODq3.jpg

"ThIs is what Cosmo feared most. Cosmo has been doink much thinkink. Ilona is good girl, however the power overwhelms her. Not her fault. Ilona needs people lookink out for her, protectink her from her powers. She needs guidance to control them. As much as it hurts Cosmo to suggest this, it's not safe for her out there, and it is not safe for us if she is out there. Nobody wins. We need to guard her, and help her grow. Only until we're sure we can let go."

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

In contrast to Doppo, who seemed wary, and Akiko who was testy with the prospect at best, Kyoko would be more openly in disagreement over the so-called plan, glaring not at Ritsuko, but at Makoto.

"You... would agree to something like this, Makoto?" She asked, a slight tinge of the feeling of betrayal able to be heard in her voice, as though that was what she felt at the moment. "After everything you fought for, all the conviction in your ideals that you'd demonstrated for as long as we knew each other, your big plan is just to lock up a person, real and breathing, I feel I need to emphasize, and keep her isolated from civilization because of her power?"

Ahem.

"I think that Ms. Akagi makes valid points. We don't, and likely are unable to, know about the true, deeper nature of Ilona's capabilities, and I'd rather not find out, lest it has to be paid for with more lives needlessly," the young soldier stated, before continuing, "And... With all due respect, Co-Commander Kirigiri, you've been out of action for a long time. I don't... think you're entirely aware of the situation, and why this is a necessary step not only for the sake of the multiverse's protection, but also preserving the relationship between the Coalition and the United Nations."

Essentially, it was as though he had told Kyoko that she didn't know what she was talking about, using the basis that she'd been out of commission for so long. But conversely, Kyoko personally thought that that made her even better equipped than if she had stayed in constant action.

kiri014.png

"..."

Still, she ignored the man's words for the time being. If he wanted to make arguments in an attempt to undermine her opinion's credibility, then that was that, but she would have her voice be heard one way or another.

Makoto looked flustered at Kyoko's sharp words that bordered on accusations of betrayal. His face grew red hot and he stammered out a few unintelligible syllables, only to then be drowned out by Byakuya.

hWMU2tw.png

"Let's not forget the fact that there are those out there who may try to use Ilona for their own benefit. The issue is not exactly that the girl has destructive power, for many standing here have the potential for such destruction in them as well. No amount of platitudes will change the fact that this girl has been used indirectly to kill others. That her power comes from the very force our enemies use is even more pressing."

kiri038.png

"But... That's exactly it! Many people, even right in this room, have potentially highly destructive power within them, and while their stability levels fluctuate depending on the person, it wasn't Ilona's fault. She was manipulated into discharging that power, just as anyone else could have been. Or... Did you neglect to recall her testimony that Jill Valentine was found dead before the explosion?" She remarked sharply, seemingly only growing more and more heated, unlike her usual composed self.

49NgNeI.png

"I don't know if many people here are aware, but I have some ability to sense malevolence. It's not so effective here, but... I've never been able to sense any kind of malevolence from Ilona. The fact that she can generate it despite that is honestly... kind of frightening."

nyFmcLl.png

"But that doesn't mean Sorey and I agree with keeping her locked up," Mikleo said, crossing his arms. He glanced toward his friend for a moment, who nodded back to him in turn. "What Ilona probably needs is our support more than anything."

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

Captain-Commander Kieran had been silently fuming since this meeting began. His mind had been on other things since the blast, but to hear that he had been left out of such an important matter angered him to no end. This was entirely wrong, for more than just Ilona's sake. "I'm done with the Coalition blindly following the UN's orders! We are supposed to be independent... given the choice to make our own decisions without outside influence! The UN has demanded enough of us, and I will not let them strong-arm us into another decision. You have three leaders of the Coalition here... and two are saying no."

Makoto's nervousness only grew at such a vocal outburst. He had been trying to keep the peace for so long that at this point, it was almost the only thing that mattered. Kyoko didn't understand the dynamics, while Kieran... well, Makoto knew Kieran just felt guilty.

"No," Makoto uttered, his voice surprisingly firm. "A horrible, awful tragedy has befallen us. I can not ignore it... I will not ignore it. It is at Ilona's own request that she be sheltered from others, isn't it? Why deny her that choice? We are here to listen to others and make compromises if needed. This is to make everyone happy!"

kiri010.png

"This is hardly a compromise that everyone can be happy with. You're taking away years, possibly decades as Ms. Akagi herself has stated, from this person's life, just because she has potential to be dangerous, just like most other people around here," she said, practically scolding Makoto for even considering doing something like this, "The UN may not have had any hold on the Coalition when I was around, and if this is how things would turn out, maybe I really should have stayed."

Unfazed by Kyoko's words, the lavender haired detective giving the older woman a brief scowl, Ritsuko even stifled a dryly amused chuckle, before speaking in response.

"You're ignoring what your friend, who seems to understand the situation better than you, said before. Ilona herself requested to be detained. Who are we to deny someone like that a request that aligns with our own interests?" She inquired, gesturing towards everyone in the room with her arms, as though challenging anyone to speak up against her and the others who agreed with her.

xHGEyvj.jpg

"Did she really ask for it? I'd rather hear it from her own mouth, if you don't mind me not taking your word for it," Akiko said somewhat cantankerously, unfitting of how she usually was, before realizing something, "Where is Ilona anyway? I was under the impression she'd be here for this meeting that's all about her."

"She's been taken into our custody and is currently being transported to the UN Base of Operations as we speak," Ritsuko answered, crossing her arms, "You can protest all you want, people, but I have the authority, the power, here," she continued, glancing at Robin in the process, "Apologies if it seems like I'm overstepping my authority, Secretary-General, but I'd say this is a just cause for emergency powers."

9OF792U.png

"H-Hold on a minute! You can't just do that under our noses!" Shiki exclaimed in objection, to which Ocelot would interject.

"Our? You aren't even a member of the Coalition officially. Don't talk like you have that great a grasp on the situation. You're even worse off than Co-Commander Kirigiri, I'd wager," the soldier said.

EPtUVPc.png

"Oh, nice, I guess some people's opinions just matter less when they disagree with you, huh?" Gwen Stacy remarked snappily, her form stuck to the wall as she looked judgingly at Ocelot for the moment.

"Guys! Really?" Uhura intervened, attempting to get the conversation back on track, "Making accusations and insulting others isn't going to get us anywhere. Let's not get heated up so quickly."

"Indeed," Ritsuko nodded, before producing what appeared to be a communicator device from her pocket, "But if you all really want to hear it, then be my guest," she spoke, pressing a button on it and speaking to it, "Deputy Secretary-General speaking. Can I get a status on Ilona? Everyone wants to hear a word from her before she leaves."

"... gone..." A faint voice would respond weakly, prompting Ritsuko's eyes to widen in shock.

"W-What?!"

"She's... gone... We... attacked by... h-him..." The voice on the other end responded, before the connection would abruptly cut off... as though someone else had ended it deliberately.

"What the hell...! Dammit, what's going on out there?! Come in. I said report!" Ritsuko exclaimed angrily into the device, but alas, it would avail to nothing.

"... Ahem."

A collective gasp went out amid the Coaltiion recruits as the reality of the situation came over them. Makoto was among them, his eyes going wide in fear to learn yet another despairing situation had come upon them. "Ilona...? Who do they mean by... him...?"

"Damn it!" Kieran roared. He started making his way toward the exit of the room. "Captain-Commander Kieran is getting to the bottom of this!"

However, as Kieran was about to leave, Alvin came rushing into the room. "We have a situation here...!" he began, but trailed off when he saw the looks on everyone's faces.

m9LoLNH.png

He choked back an angry grumble, eyes searching for Makoto. "Alter Ego got an emergency transmission from our double agent inside Umbrella. It's reported that, only minutes ago, that Ilona was transferred to their facility on Silent Earth. Seems they've made a breakthrough... they plan to use her power."

"S-Silent Earth?! But... Isn't that the site of the tragic Silent Hill Incident from way back then?!" Doppo exclaimed in shock, and it seemed like he wasn't the only one to have a strong reaction to the revelation.

If the room was at a fever pitch before, this new information rocked the group to their core, for all at the very least understood that this was a dire development. "There's no telling what they could do!" Kieran yelled, turning back to look upon Makoto and Kyoko. "There's no time to think... we have to stage a rescue mission!"

Makoto stared back at his friend, words failing him. So many voices bounced off him, mixing together into an unintelligible din of noise. All Makoto could so was bury his hands in his hair, closing his eyes as his mind desperately searched for answers.

... But it seemed there was no need to find an answer, for one would be provided anyway. Makoto heard a shrill noise cut through the Command Center, causing his eyes to open. A dark mist seemed to seep into the room, covering everyone in an inky darkness.

When next the group awoke, they would find themselves unbelievably cold. It was a chill that seemed to seep into their skin and cool their bones.

The sky above was a disquieting dull grey with storm clouds forming above. The ground was the concrete of an empty street. Buildings surrounded the group with trees, foliage, and power lines providing the setting of a typical town.

ZP6DGt5.jpg

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

Despite the effects of the fog, Shiki did his best to remain calm in the face of adversity. Hard to believe that it had only been roughly a year for him since the last time he had ended up within Silent Earth. The Arch Demon's Downfall showed him a lot about who he was, and what he was afraid of, but it also showed him what he was willing to fight for. Of course, it wasn't until later that he'd discover what he was willing to live for, but here and now, the tense atmosphere of death and despair, it was familiar.

It was so familiar that Shiki remembered vividly how it was just like his life, only a short two years ago. And he remembered why it was imperative that he had to leave this kind of place behind if he knew what was good for him.

"We're in Silent Hill... or maybe, more accurately, Silent Earth." Makoto paused, seemingly stuck on what to say. The sound of Kyoko clearing her throat brought him out of his reverie. "... Something has gone horribly wrong. We've been compromised. Everyone! I need you to know this! ... Silent Earth works in strange ways. It plays tricks on the mind... conjures illusions... It wants to trap you and bring you into despair. What matters most is the strength of your will, not how powerful you are. Do you understand? Whatever we say, please listen... and please stay strong."

kiri007.png

... though the more observant ones around would notice her legs shaking quite a bit.

Cast List
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)

Okay, so yes, Weiss had found it odd that she had been praised by the girl she had yelled at for yelling at and insulting her. Yes, it had stunned her into a brief silence that she had hardly been able to shake until they'd been called by the higher-ups for another meeting. No, even if she did support Ilona being locked up, she wasn't sure how she felt about the order being made without a proper vote(what else were these people going to do under their noses?). And no, she was hella not happy to hear that the ship carrying what sounded to more or less be a ticking emotional time bomb had been compromised and that someone now possessed that time bomb. And she was even less happy when the dark mist came.

"Ruby! Hold your breath... and...."

Thud.

----

It was now the second time since departing Remnant that Weiss found herself awaking with her elder sister standing over her. Only this time, her gaze was harder than the last. She was still bitter from her encounter with Qrow, and even more so now that these events had unfolded. Damn the crazy drunkard to hell, getting her sidetracked when she could've been assuring her sister and his ridiculous niece were in line and safe. While she could've been assuring that this Ilona threat was properly dealt with, even! Clearly, these people were sloppy- the fact that they were the ones in charge of keeping peace around the multiverse was unnerving at absolute best. It was a wonder that it had survived this long with them in charge.

No matter.

Weiss quickly cringed, averting her eyes and preparing for the slap that was likely to come as she climbed to her feet. But for the moment, she was spared. Though, one could hardly call it that. Seeing the look in Winter's eyes, now, was a cruel enough fate. Yeah. So her sister wasn't happy with her, likely due to her running off in part. Especially judging by the fact that she didn't look particularly happy with Ruby, either.

Speaking of.

It was easy to pick Ruby out in the crowd even through the haze, and so it was accomplished quickly. She seemed to be alright, which was rather relieving. But then again, the kid was durable, so it wasn't like Weiss really needed to worry at all. Zwei, too, she noted. About to voice her intentions of reconvening with her team leader to her sister, the younger Schnee was beat to the point.

"Until this mission is over, you will not leave my sight. Thereafter, I desire to have a little talk with you and Miss Rose." This time, there was no question of confirmation in it. So Weiss merely bowed with a weak smile. "Of course." And that was more or less the extent of the conversation. "Now, if you'll excuse me for a moment, Winter." And then Weiss was joining Ruby on the look out, her sister watching after like a hawk. "I don't suppose you've managed to spot anything of importance just yet?"

@york @whoever​

Continued from here.

Chapter Two

kiri006.png

"...?"

kiri030.png

inpqLPl.png

IWtODq3.jpg

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Ahem.

kiri014.png

"..."

hWMU2tw.png

kiri038.png

49NgNeI.png

nyFmcLl.png

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

kiri010.png

xHGEyvj.jpg

9OF792U.png

EPtUVPc.png

"W-What?!"

"... Ahem."

m9LoLNH.png

ZP6DGt5.jpg

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

kiri007.png

Cast List
s37aHz3.jpg

Towering over Crimson Avenger, hellfire lingered around Astaroth's claws and tail as he bared his fangs at Elesis. What did this witch have against him? Or was it just his looks alone that provoked her? Hmph, just another reason for his wariness of humans to grow more and more. Demons had seen that the race had capacity for kindness like in Nemo and Astaroth's lover, Yukin. But there were bad apples in every bunch and this woman seemed to be the baddest one there. Motioning for Nemo to stay back, Astaroth charged at Elesis, set to tear her apart!

But just as Esper restricted Elesis, Nemo stood in front of the demon with his sword pointed towards Elesis and Esper. Skidding to a stop, Astaroth's claws lowered and the flame vanished from his claws as he glanced down at the boy concerned as could be. He hadn't meant to get his best friend mixed up in this brief scuffle but Nemo couldn't stand by while people fought. Least of all when the fighting involved his best friend.

Pointing a glare Esper's way, Nemo turned the sword his way as the pentagram in his Devil's Eye began to spin.

yROLTS6.jpg

"Mister? I don't know what relationship this lady has with you, but you better watch yourself! If my friend had been hurt then you'd be in big trouble! So, keep your friend better under control next time! So that way nobody has to get hur, okay?"

Sheathing the sword, Nemo let out a sigh of exasperation. He had meant to come here so him and Astaroth could go home! He didn't need to get mixed up in any fights that might have ended up with Astaroth or someone else getting hurt. Astaroth already worried about being viewed as a monster, Nemo wasn't going to let people get ammunition to call him as such! Gently grasping Astaroth's claw, Nemo sought to lead him back to the others.

"I always do right by the people I care about. Even those that pick fights with me and my friends? I want to make sure they don't get either. Just the kind of person I am, you know that Astaroth!"

a1BipXy.jpg

"W-What??"

Nemo knew a thing or two about people keeping separate from others. It's what the demons as a whole did as they had all been humans at one point and committed sins which landed them right in Hell upon their deaths. Hence they avoided humanity as much as they could and Nemo seemed to be the shining exception. With his best friend and Astaroth's on and off girlfriend Yukin being the other one as she was willing to carve a blood swathe through Hell to get her man back!

But this girl was a human! Or so she seemed to be from what little Nemo had managed to glimpse of her while she'd been in that cell. So what if her parents had some problems or something! She deserved to hang around others and have fun just like everyone else!

Granted, Nemo might not have been the best authority given his best friends were a martial artist who fought a bloodthirsty evil organization and a demon who'd tear the throats out of anyone who wronged Nemo. But he'd been through a period of having no one to turn to, no one to call a friend. It was the whole reasoning behind him being taken out of school and put into home-schooling.

He even understood the whole idea that came with Illona's power! When his eye had been gouged out by the fanatics who thought Astaroth's kind should go back to Hell, he got a demon's eye to replace it. The demons were wary of sending him home however for what would his parents think? Would they be horrified or would they be upset with the 'demons who did this to him?' and for a time Nemo considered going on the run. With nothing but Astaroth to keep him company.

Yet in the end he chose to stay. He could run all he wanted. But in the end he could never truly leave behind his mother's warm embrace and his father's caring heart forever! Even if he did have the eye of a demon in him and demon blood flowing through his veins, he'd never truly be alone! Why did this girl have to be?

"T-This isn't right! I understand this girl's power is dangerous but she shouldn't be kept away from others! Maybe if we work together with her, we can teach her how to control it? I'd offer to help! I know what it's like having a strong power..." Granted Nemo's power wasn't nearly as destructive since all of the demons with the exception of Cain were his friends and thus wouldn't cause any trouble. But he still had to train with Yukin vigorously to keep it under control!

Given that Astaroth and him ended up at Remila's Mansion instead of summoning a demon, he still had some training he could do.

vDPVLwm.jpg

Astaroth for his part took a far more bleak view on the whole thing. This was just human nature at work as far as he was concerned. Ostracizing the outsider, the one who didn't fit in for one reason or another. Sure, her power may have been deadly but had she asked for it? No, she had been saddled with it at birth and now she had to the pay the consequences. It was absolutely revolting to the demon's eyes. More so since Illona was only a child!

Astaroth hadn't always been a demon. He'd once been an African-American teen trying to work out a meager living in the more burnt-out districts of Detroit and had made a stupid decision. One that had cost him his life and likely that of his much younger little brother's. Astaroth or Michael Summers as he had been known in real life would never know for sure and even when he was allowed to roam the Earth once more? He was too ashamed to go and look for himself.

All in all, this had left Astaroth with a very dim view of those he viewed as harming children. Serial Killers, pedophiles, they all got branded with the same stick and were the people that Astaroth didn' care about his race's secrecy around. He'd make them pay no matter what! It could even go so far as physically harming a child like Nemo had sadly gone through more times than Astaroth liked to recall.

BbObROk.png

As the darkness-like substance began to ooze towards Remila and Sakuya, Nemo drew his sword and began to run towards them. His cheeks were tinted pink but there was no time to feel shy now! He had to save the girl upon whom he crushed so hard! Trying to cleave through the darkness as best as he could, Nemo yelped as he realized how futile it was. Reaching out a hand towards Remila, the boy yelled.

"Remila!"

Watching as Nemo ran off to try and aid the vampire who was in charge of the asshole who shot the two of them and that maid, Astaroth flapped his wing as he tried to grab Nemo. Managing to scoop an arm around the boy's waist, Astaroth held him close as the darkness engulfed the both of them.

Having been a native of Hell since he had perished, Astaroth knew heat like nobody's business. But as a human who had passed on, he also knew the chilling grasp of Death and this entire place seemed to be filled with that same sensation. The demon stuck close to Nemo who seemed to be lot in thought. From the way this place was made out to be, it almost felt like Astaroth's Hell had switched up it's appearance a bit, got itself a makeover and was freezing instead of hot. He didn't like it one bit.

"Nemo? Stay close to me alright? The last thing we need is anybody else to end up missing-Nemo?" The demon paused when he realized he hadn't gotten an immediate response as Nem lifted up his eyepatch and the pentagram began to spin. "People are missing, Astaroth. We've got to stick together and find them like the lady said. But you're right, we're not letting anyone vanish.."

Noticing the blood starting to run down from Nemo's left eye, Astaroth's own eyes widened as he saw the five corners of the pentagram start to vanish. "Nemo, no you can't be.." The demon started before Nemo held up a hand to stop any protesting. He didn't like this decision anymore than his friend but desperate times called for desperate measures.

"'O you Soul, greatly majestic, behold, I have come that I may see you; I open the Netherworld to return to you a son that has lost his way. I have opened up every path which is in the sky and on earth, due to my master's gracious nature. I am noble, I am a spirit, I am equipped; O all you gods and all you spirits, prepare a path for me."

Nemo winced as blood ran down from his eyesocket and Astaroth coiled up his tail. Whatever Nemo had summoned, it was apparent neither of them were too keen on the whole thing. Though as the summoned demon appeared, Astaroth's tail slackened and both looked on in confusion.

8ji9Cmn.jpg

"SKRRROOOOONK!"

The bat-like demon screeched only for a quick wave from Nemo to silence it's cries. While the cold had bothered both Nemo and Astaroth, this new demon didn't seem to mind it one bit. As icy breathes escaped from it's maw, it flapped it's wings as it glanced down at the young boy who had summoned it and tilted it's head. Focusing it's glazed over eyes on him, Nemo pulled his hand back. There was sure fire sign of blood oozing from his eye revealing that he had indeed worked himself too hard. Something that only using the five corners of the pentagram would bring on.

Yet instead of summoning the Five-Corner Demon: Cain as he had intended, Nemo had summoned the Two-Corner Demon: Garthos who despite his monstrous appearance was quite docile. Was it the effects of this place on his Devil's Eye? Either way, Nemo supposed it was never bad to see an old friend in a time of need. Reaching up on his tip toes, Astaroth picked Nemo up so he could pat Garthos on the snout which earned an affectionate hiss from the creature.

GXE3rD4.jpg

"Skrrrrrooonk..."

"..I see. So if Cain was there but you ended up getting summoned instead?" Nemo glanced around at the surroundings. "I don't like this place, Astaroth. Even Hell's reach doesn't seem to permeate these boundaries."

@york

For the short while Nemo had been attempting to save Remilia he would see Erron attempting the same. Revolver in one hand and his severed Tarkatan armblade in the other he tried his best to fight off the darkness before it engulfed him as well. Awakening to this new area Black got up quickly with his weapons at the ready.

mortal_kombat_x_erron_black_outlaw_variation_by_grapiqkad-dac2s78.jpg

"Kind of feels like that one place... Can't remember the name but it was just as chillin'...." Black commented seeming to find Astaroth and Nemo. He seemed to recall the time he spent in Silent for the last event he was in but couldn't recall the name. Silent Hill huh..? and on top of that this place liked to play tricks huh...? Well Black already had an advantage given his 'give no shits' attitude...

@Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
glXTgGe.png

"I am glad to see that you are safe. I may not be your Producer, but..."

WBJfeMo.png

"A true Producer cares for all idols, even those of other Producers. Or in this case, just Producees in general. That's what you were going to say, right?"

"Not precisely, but let us go with that."

WBJfeMo.png

"So basically, Saber Alter over here can sniff Illona out, right Ms Kirigiri? So, she's our best bet?" Kido asks the taller woman. "But yes, I think it's a good idea to stick in a large group for starters. Guess I should leave the military stuff to the military guys. You've specified the mental fog thing that messes with our heads..." Kido's legs begin to tremble, "do we need to look out for anything such as z- z- zombies? This place is a little too silent to not have inhabitants..."

@Verite @Atomyk @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Tactician @Sen
tumblr_inline_odklrzvmWj1s7x88v_250.png

"God, that makes me feel so useless. I want to be somewhat useful..."
He pinched the bridge of his nose. So the sacrifice for having good looks and the face of an angel was not having any powers. The world wasn't very fair was it?
tumblr_inline_odklbwxRyk1s7x88v_250.png

"The place is called Silent Earth. I'd be surprised if it wasn't... silent."

"False advertisement? I hate those."

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Tactician

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
The duo from the Scarlet Devil Mansion had to admit, the situation with Ilona wasn't one that was foreign to them. They themselves had a force that was nigh-uncontrollable, and thus she was, for the most part, relegated to being locked inside the mansion. After all, if it was dangerous to everyone else, some containment wouldn't hurt anyone, right? Remilia herself barely left the mansion, and she'd lived for 500 years. What would a few years of containment be?

But before either of the girls could voice or even think further about their thoughts, a strange, heavy black mist descended upon the group. There was little either of the girls could do about the dark mist. Sakuya's messing with time would only delay the inevitable, and no amount of being strong would allow one to fight with mist. The best the maid could do was stand in front of her master in a last ditch effort to protect her, for all the good it would do them. But out of the corner of her eye, the vampire noticed a certain boy running her way, along with her other employee. What were they doing? What could they do about the mist?

Nothing that Sakuya or Remilia couldn't, as it turned out. But it was still certainly nice of everyone to try their best, regardless of the lack of success. Normally Sakuya had been the only one at her beck and call, but it seemed that number was growing and growing.

Once they'd awoken in the new area, it didn't take the two girls from Gensokyo long to regain their bearings. Admittedly it was a little disorienting to suddenly appear in a different place than you started, but they just took it in stride. The vampire found the change of pace interesting, while Sakuya simply didn't appear too bothered by it. The maid felt it to be a little bit familiar, though.

Approaching Black, Astaroth, and Nemo, Remilia simply stretched her wings out wide and placed her hands on her hips in an attempt to look larger, for as large as a girl that looked to be about 10 could. Fortunately, there was no sun so there was little need to shield herself from its rays.

tumblr_inline_nf80z6UXsE1t4ubwm.jpg

"This place is certainly interesting, huh? It's dark and there's no sun at all. If it's not just night time, I'd much like to bring my little sister here. This darkness is quite comforting. But...where are we, anyway?" Remilia hadn't really listened to the authorities mentioning the place's name.

"I believe this place is called 'Silent Hill.' Or, as that boy said, 'Silent Earth' now. I do not believe this place would be good for Miss Flandre, however, if memory serves."

"Memory? Have you been here before, Sakuya?"

"I believe the last time I whisked away from Gensokyo, this was one of the locales at which I arrived milady."

"Ahh, I see. So? Which way do we go?"

"I do not remember, sadly."

"Well, that can't be helped." Remilia simply shrugged before turning to her gatekeeper and guest. "Nemo? Black? Any ideas?"

@Chewy Rabbits @Crimson Spartan
He was almost surprised to hear Len make an audible noise, even if it was a huff made as she'd look away from him, to the young man's chagrin.

"Ugh... Oh, on that note, that does remind me..." Shiki sighed, standing up and looking around, before calling out for a certain someone, "Oiiii, Sakuya-saaaan, where are you?" He would call out.

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
tumblr_inline_mhkqknN1xU1r4ssbx.png

"Oh?" Upon hearing her name, she turned over her shoulder to search for the source of the call. The voice belonged to...Shiki, if she had heard correctly. Stealing a glance at Remilia, the maid decided her mistress was in good hands between the responsible gatekeeper and her own overbearing power in a place dominated without sunlight. She used her incredible ability to stop time, simply to walk over to Shiki just a bit faster, almost appearing to teleport before him for anyone else.

"I am right here, Shiki-san, Len-chan."

@Verite

Continued from here.

Chapter Two

kiri006.png

"...?"

kiri030.png

inpqLPl.png

IWtODq3.jpg

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Ahem.

kiri014.png

"..."

hWMU2tw.png

kiri038.png

49NgNeI.png

nyFmcLl.png

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

kiri010.png

xHGEyvj.jpg

9OF792U.png

EPtUVPc.png

"W-What?!"

"... Ahem."

m9LoLNH.png

ZP6DGt5.jpg

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

kiri007.png

Cast List

At any other point Lois would've agreed with Kyoko. The girl however had nearly killed all of them due to her unstable powers. Listening around it was quite clear where the winds were blowing. Though a number of them seemed to have forgotten that Illona herself had asked to be locked up for the greater good. For now Lois would respect the girls wishes on the matter.

Bekka meanwhile was lulling over the fact that killing her off would be the most straight way to fix everything. However it wasn't Illona's fault that she couldn't control the mystical powers that she had. She thought Makoto was one with out backbone, but the current predicament shed some new light on him that made Bekka give him even a ounce of respect.

It was clear for both women however that the Coalition had to get Illona back before things got even worse.

JL8WyY7.png

"Speak for yourself." Bekka snapped at Kieran's remark. "I'm more than enough to deal with any scum we're going to face." Bekka was ready to form a boom tube to get them going but her Mother Box was strangely silent. "Seems like this world can jam even the technologies of New Genesis."

"My sensors are also acting up." Lois replied to the group at large. "I do agree though. We need to stay together in this place. Despite what we might be feeling about the situation."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Atomyk
s37aHz3.jpg

yROLTS6.jpg

a1BipXy.jpg

"W-What??"

vDPVLwm.jpg

BbObROk.png

"Remila!"

8ji9Cmn.jpg

"SKRRROOOOONK!"

GXE3rD4.jpg

"Skrrrrrooonk..."

@york

For the short while Nemo had been attempting to save Remilia he would see Erron attempting the same. Revolver in one hand and his severed Tarkatan armblade in the other he tried his best to fight off the darkness before it engulfed him as well. Awakening to this new area Black got up quickly with his weapons at the ready.

mortal_kombat_x_erron_black_outlaw_variation_by_grapiqkad-dac2s78.jpg

"Kind of feels like that one place... Can't remember the name but it was just as chillin'...." Black commented seeming to find Astaroth and Nemo. He seemed to recall the time he spent in Silent for the last event he was in but couldn't recall the name. Silent Hill huh..? and on top of that this place liked to play tricks huh...? Well Black already had an advantage given his 'give no shits' attitude...

@Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies
tumblr_o95fg1hNzm1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Kekek... Don't get too worked up, wouldn't want grab some unwanted attention, now do we?"

Not exactly responding to Nemo's worries, Add couldn't help but smirk a bit at the boy's sudden demand for Add to take responsibility of Elesis. Now that he thought about it, keeping Elesis around was alike to keeping around a rabid animal. The moment she sees a demon, such as Astaroth and the demon that Nemo had summoned, Elesis loses all sense of her past humanity and unleashes pure violent hell. Terrifying to think about, but to Add, he was only amused by that thought.

tumblr_o090s9b4y61v3qowuo8_100.png

"Actually, I'll leave dear Elesis here, wherever we decide to set up a base of operations, and I'll assist with the scouting out of the area. Shouldn't be that hard of a task, right? Besides, even if Elesis happens to get a bearing of her senses, I suppose giving her the time to recover from being lights out for so long is more ideal than making her do work right after waking up. Kekeke..."

With a quick thought on things, the time traveler was up for the idea of scouting around, probably soak up more information for the Blood Institute while he was here. It sounded like a win-win situation for him... if he avoided the potential threats and dangers that this Silent Earth had to offer.

@Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Ringmaster @Crimson Spartan

WBJfeMo.png

"Or it's just a really, really bad meme, they tend to do this," Kido comments, "except it isn't going out of fashion anytime soon unless we give it a reason to."

@blehpost​

Bekka didn't know what a meme was but she had something else to say to weird white silhouetted man.

Bekka54_zpsaiqddxse.png

"I guess you were right." Bekka replied to Kieran. "We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as quality goes."​

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Minerva @Sen @Crow @Ringmaster @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @All

tumblr_o95fg1hNzm1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Kekek... Don't get too worked up, wouldn't want grab some unwanted attention, now do we?"

Not exactly responding to Nemo's worries, Add couldn't help but smirk a bit at the boy's sudden demand for Add to take responsibility of Elesis.
pa6KqJ4.jpg

Something about this guy really got under Nemo's skin. Whether it was the casual attitude he had even though his friend had tried attacking Astaroth or how he seemed to brush aside Nemo's concerns? It all equaled together in the boy's mind to make him mad as hell. Nemo had seen demons that were friends of his tortured for what they were by humans who despised their kind. If this woman was one of those kinds of people than Nemo wanted absolutely nothing to do with her and he'd even fight her if he had to so that Astaroth could go on being himself.

He'd even fight this white haired guy if he proved to be up to no good either. Unsheathing his sword slightly, Nemo lowered his eyepatch and wiped away the trail of blood as the glistening of his blade could still have been seen despite the foggy surroundings. "I mean it, Mister. My friend's life means a lot to me and I won't have anyone threaten it."

Flattered by how brave the boy was being, Astaroth couldn't help but pull the boy in close with his tail as he dug his elbow into Nemo's head. Thus ruining whatever serious atmosphere he may have been going for.

"What? You think I need some kid to stick up for me, huh? Huh?"

"Astarooooothhhhhhhh!! I'm trying to do something!"
"Ahh, I see. So? Which way do we go?"

"I do not remember, sadly."

"Well, that can't be helped." Remilia simply shrugged before turning to her gatekeeper and guest. "Nemo? Black? Any ideas?"

l2N8m4h.png

Blushing as he was finally set down, Nemo drew his sword and frowned as it seemed like he couldn't muster up the Qi to give it a deadly edge. It seemed for now he was stuck with just a plastic sword. Frowning as that kind of made him a bit more reliant on his demons than he would have liked but it worked! He just had to sell it was all.

"Not quite sure myself, Remila. Not too big on this place and what's it doing to me. Tried summoning the strongest demon in my arsenal and I ended up getting one of the lower ones instead. Hurt my eye too." Nemo muttered although Garthos gave a hurt shriek in response to being referred to as a 'lower one.' He may not have been as flashy or as strong as some of the others but he still had his strengths!

"Oh, I'm sorry Garthos! I didn't mean to play you down like that, bud!" Giving the larger demon a pat on the snout once again, he turned towards Remila. "Some of our number already went missing and while I imagine that's probably not on the top of everyone's priority list." He'd say just to clear the air since he figured Erron was just about getting out of here in one piece and making sure Remila did too. Though depending on what they might be facing here, it might have been Remila who did the watching out for the both of them.

"But if we're going to want to do more than stand around, I say we move forward and investigate! With my demons, Erron's guns, and you, we got nothing to worry about!" Nemo climbed atop Garthos's back and the demon looked down at Remila before noticing her wings. Garthos wasn't as fortunate as the other demons and couldn't vocalize beyond animalistic noises.

q73htVp.jpg

"Ggrgghhhh...."

But he still managed to get his point across somehow and Nemo could understand him for what it was worth. "Hey, he thinks your wings are pretty cool, Remila! Garthos is kind of a strange demon, ones like Astaroth and my fifth demon can speak like you and me but ones like Garthos can't speak. But they're still just as smart!"

Extending a hand towards Remila while he sat on Garthos's back, Nemo smiled at the vampire. How was it in that even in a cold unwelcoming place like this that Remila's beauty still shined through?

"Why walk or fly when you can ride? Want to come on up, Remila?"

@Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi

Toboe and Cheza had remained silent for most of the meeting, both frowning at Ritsuko and Makoto. Both came to the same conclusion that they didn't fully agree with their plan nor how they executed it. Before the two could throw in their own opinions on the matter the sound and smell of smoke entering the room caused the two to glance around before things went dark for them both.

Once the two woke up Toboe took on his wolf form, listening for anything off in the distance.

f5d12296253c172c1e84beb28f8209ae.jpg

Meanwhile, Cheza stood near her friend quietly, listening to the others argue sadly.

@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Everyone

"Ugh...don't call me Arty!" Artyom called back, knowing Train probably wouldn't listen to him. in all honesty, Artyom didn't really care what he was called, it just felt strange having a nickname, everyone back home called him by his full name, well, Anna didn't, she affectionately referred to him as "Rabbit". No way in hell Artyom was gonna let Train know that.

As Train came into view, Artyom noticed he wasn't alone, once he reached the to other men, Artyom drew his revolver, ready to shoot if necassary

"Who's the new guy Train?" He asked

@Mason Moretti

Mason put his hands to the sky, unfortunately with the pistol still held in his hand. "I come in peace! I'm not looking for a firefight. I'm just another new recuit. Name's Mason. Nice to meet you. You must be Arty," Mason said, extending his hand that didn't hold a weapon out to Artyom in a friendly manner.

Aura Inv: Pistol (10 Ammo)
Aura Power: 90%
Pocket Inv:
Aura Guidebook
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Anyone

th

A man with long ears found himself wondering the strange foggy area. Being a new recruit, he made sure to look for others in the same boat.

@Atomyk @Everybody @Whoever wants to join

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Scott paused as he couldn't smell anything at all. It felt like his senses were clogged. " Well, there goes that idea," he said.

Stiles paused, as Bekka mentioned that her hardware wasn't working. " Anyone who has a power, can you do me a favor? Try to use it right now. I have this sinking feeling," he said to everyone.

" Me too?" Scott asked his friend.

" Yes, Scott, today would be preferable, unless you want to do it yesterday," Stiles said, his words dripping with sarcasm once again.

Scott attempted to shift to his wolf form.

Stiles turned to the fog and looked at Jak. " Hey, are you a part of the Coalition here?" He asked.

@Atomyk @dark @Everyone else whose characters have power

Jak noticed a man taller than he was and looked over at him and responded to Scott"Yeah, I'm.. a new recruit of the Coalition, so what the heck is going on?"

You're saying.. our powers and/ or our hardware doesn't work?

Jak replied "Normally i wouldn't use my powers in case of emergencies but this is one, so..eyeing Stiles in the process

Jak attempts to change to his dark form.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @Anyone who has powers

Last edited:
For the time being, she idly looked around, trying to see if she could spot anything out in the fog... With her Crescent Rose hanging from one of her hands, as her cape billowed in the strange breeze
Well...this was a thing now. His eyes flitted around briefly through the encompassing fog before he leaned over to the side closer to his niece.

NMsjgg4.png

"Great weather, huh? Almost reminds ya of home on a winter day. If it was upped a few notches on the ominous ladder. Maybe a few Grimm too, even. But nothing we can't handle, right? Just stick by me kid, we'll be alright. Not a doubt in my mind. Hell, maybe we'll even get to show Ice Queen over there some real teamwork. Been working on a few new moves with my scythe while out in the field between missions. Should come naturally to ya."

@york @Hospes @others​

Status
Not open for further replies.