Status
Not open for further replies.
xY5E9Hh.png

"And to find the gun... we may need to find Shane...

... will we? That being said, if the gun is hidden... where would someone hide it? Guns aren't diaries, they don't contain sensitive information or anything... so maybe..."

@Atomyk @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BodyInvestigation​
Honda nodded. "I'll look for him!" Considering him shooting after Byakuya was found and breaking that machine, Honda didn't trust Shane to be very safe. Honda went to find Shane, also checking for where the gun could possibly be.
@Atomyk @Crow

Genji practically fell over backwards as he scrambled away from the corpse of Wanda after getting a closer look, shouting something that was incoherent in his horror in Japanese. He stood there in silence for a moment, his voice caught in his throat. The cyborg took a few steps forward and... Well, he began to pray to the Iris, though he didn't really understand it altogether. He moved her into a more peaceful position and began to help Honda examine her for wounds that might help determine cause of death. Beyond the initial outburst of absolute terror, Genji was being extra calm right about then, his movements calculated and deliberate, though the more perceptive might see his hands shake a little. It was a farce, of course.

In that moment, Genji felt rage boiling in his chest like he hadn't felt in a long time. Not for the loss of something that had never happened, but for the loss of a dear friend. Someone he believed had more capacity for good than most ever could. In that moment, he wanted to scream. In that moment, he wanted to kill that damn bear. His fist clenched at his side. He was not maintaining his calm facade very well. "She spoke to me last night. She said it was better if we did not date, in case something happening to one of us. I should have caught on." He tilted his head down, sounding defeated.

Genji's head hung even lower at that, as his master witnessed his failing. "I failed her, Master. She came to me, and I failed her."

@Yun Lee @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Investigation​
Zenyatta would only clasp his hands together, briefly joining his student in the prayer, the Iris opening once more to submit a hopeful soul to a cycle of rebirth.

Some say it is torment and great pain, to walk through many lives and inhibit many forms, but to never find rest.

Sometimes, though...those who had troubles and regrets in one life may find peace and retribution in another. Wherever the soul of Wanda will walk, she may find the tranquility she couldn't achieve as the Scarlet Witch.

55dfd446283c84d464feec9a4335851f.png

"You did not fail anything, Genji. Do you know what she truly wanted from you...?"
"Perhaps, she didn't want you to succeed or to fail."
"...what if, she just wanted to make you happy? To bring the same light...that you brought her."
"...I believe you brought comfort, love and support that she didn't even know she needed from this place."
"You've healed wounds that neither of you may have even noticed, my student."
"...I would hope that outweighs the actions you believe to be failures."

@Atomyk @The Tactician @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @BodyInvestigation

"But would someone even listen to him, especially after Neon? He didn't even tell her if her team was okay before she..." Victoria let out a heavy sigh and fell on to the bed in a sitting position. "Maybe he just... forced someone? This all seems so... I don't know. Geez, you'd think they could be directly torturing us if they want to make us break down or something."

The notebook was a diary. The first entry would read:

"DAY ONE/ENTRY ONE
Dear Diary;

I found this book on the bus, so i am claiming it. I was eating lunch with Ruby, then, Poof! I'm on a bus full of people. Clearly the work of magic. The day was rather, in a weird way, pleasant, until it stopped. I met so many good people, some bad people, and some who are in-between. Yet, we're all here. All of us are powerless and confused. I feel my power, yet can't use it.

It seems everyone got a gift from home. Everyone but me. Yet it doesn't bother me. Maybe I am not suppose to be here? But who is?"

"What's it say?" Victoria asked.

@Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @RoomInvestigation

Monomi raised a hand and looked to Nono. "W-Wanda did have her magic, but-- but it was weakened! She... couldn't do anything..."

"Yes, I suppose so. But... fireworks? Would someone set up fireworks just to mask the sound of a gun? Doesn't make much sense." Jude placed to cloak back delicately over the body and stood to face Honda. The cape itself was not damaged at all beyond being wet and damp. "Two shots. One at her stomach and the other at her chest. In fact, these bullets looks familiar..." Jude lowered his head, mumbling to himself for a moment.

"... At the risk of sounding suspicious, I believe I know the origin of the bullets. Wanda was arguing with Shane last night, just outside the cafeteria. Shane had his gun, the one he found back in the camp, and was looking like... well, I was worried about what he would do, so I intervened. There was a struggle, and it was Wanda who ended up with the gun. Shane and I ran after her. Shane wanted his gun I guess, but I was worried. I couldn't find her all night."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @BodyInvestigation
Lucky for Jack, Zinnia did indeed calm down after he spoke. She was kinda tired anyhow. She fell asleep, awoken the next morning by the fireworks outside. She got up a bit before Jack, sliding onto the floor with a groan. She slapped her forehead, thinking over her actions from the previous night.

Crap! I don't want to scare him off doing things like that! Zen told me I was unlovable... too wild... that nobody would ever want to be with someone like me... I-I can't mess up again... But if I do mess up then I guess that would make him right, and I really am meant to be alone.

Zinnia was quiet for the rest of the morning, and even more so she she caught wind of the news...

Wanda was dead.

A feeling of dread swirled in her stomach, just as it had after witnessing past deaths. Zinnia couldn't even bring herself to look at the body this time.

"..."

Why Wanda? Why? I... I liked her. She reminded me of myself. I can't--

Zinnia impulsively darted off away from the others, saying nothing to them, and headed back into the hotel.

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Josh M @Chewy Rabbits
Before Jack could respond to Jude, he noticed Zinnia dashing away back to the hotel with an expression of pure dread. He sighed before shaking his head, "I will rejoin you all in a moment. I must check on Zinnia..." As the others began to hunt for Shane, he instead focused on his love's retreating form, trying to catch up to her.

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Josh M @Chewy Rabbits

"But what could he possible promise? Money? Status? To let us go home?" Victoria paused at that, thinking it over. The promise of going home would be alluring, even from Monokuma's lying mouth. "... Anyway, do you think Wanda was acting odd? She, like... a witch or something? I don't really get it."

The diary did contain a second entry:

"ENTRY TWO

I feel like I am losing my mind. I've been thinking about my twins. About my marriage. I am a failure. I am a murderer. I was born with more power than I can handle. I feel like my mind is slipping from me. Not again. I will gain control. I won't cause any pain here. I won't hurt anyone.

I should explain.

I've been seeing things. First, I saw myself in the mirror. Not just me, but myself at different points of my life. I saw my twins... and the owl... they're staring at me. I can feel something all around me. Spirits. Good and bad. Light and dark.

... As it turned out, I had an item from home all along. It had been stolen, used by someone to assist them in a crime. I have washed it in the little free time I've had, hoping to get the blood off. But the blood will never come off. It is only fitting that I smell a faint trace of blood for my time in this place."

"You're right, it can't be far. Unless Shane took it back..."

Around the body and hotel was foliage, with a small area of forest that separated the hotel from the lake. Considering how far it would take to reach the lake, Jude reasoned that the killer would not have had time to dump the weapon in the lake. As it turned out, finding the weapon would turn out easy, as a lone lady was standing between the trees above the rifle. In her hands was a lamp that shone brightly, allowing the group to easily reach her amid the darkness.

27BtNGt.png

"Stay within the light now," she cautioned. "This is what you seek, isn't it? That woman, the one who died... she was shining so brightly. Of course, the darkness took her in the end. Foolish woman, what did she think was going to happen? With her gone, it's only a matter of time."

Jude looked to others a bit warily. "Um, who are you...?"

"It doesn't matter!" the woman declared. Considering how she cradled the lamp in her hand, it wouldn't be out of line to dub her the lamp lady. "I'm not here for you. You're no Savior. You're not destined for anything... just another pawn. There's little I can do for you, but, Tom's on his way, I assure you."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @BodyInvestigation

Last edited:
"But what could he possible promise? Money? Status? To let us go home?" Victoria paused at that, thinking it over. The promise of going home would be alluring, even from Monokuma's lying mouth. "... Anyway, do you think Wanda was acting odd? She, like... a witch or something? I don't really get it."

"ENTRY TWO

I feel like I am losing my mind. I've been thinking about my twins. About my marriage. I am a failure. I am murderer. I was born with more power than I can handle. I feel like my mind is slipping from me. Not again. I will gain control. I won't cause any pain here. I won't hurt anyone.

I should explain.

I've been seeing things. First, I saw myself in the mirror. Not just me, but myself at different points of my life. I saw my twins... and the owl... they're staring at me. I can feel something all around me. Spirits. Good and bad. Light and dark.

... As it turned out, I had an item from home all along. It had been stolen, used by someone to assist them in a crime. I have washed it in the little free time I've had, hoping to get the blood off. But the blood will never come off. It is only fitting that I smell a faint trace of blood for my time in this place."
" That would be something that would make anyone do anything for him. Of course, we do have to account that there are people here who just want their power back. I honestly don't know. I mean, ask me about werewolves, banshees, werecoyotes, nogitsunes, kamiaras, kaminas and I can tell you anything, heck eve druids,I come from a weird town. I think she could undestood the darkness- or at least that what it seems like. I honestly don't know," he said, looking for a third entry.

@Atomyk @Verite

"ENTRY TWO

I feel like I am losing my mind. I've been thinking about my twins. About my marriage. I am a failure. I am murderer. I was born with more power than I can handle. I feel like my mind is slipping from me. Not again. I will gain control. I won't cause any pain here. I won't hurt anyone.

I should explain.

Around the body and hotel was foliage, with a small area of forest that separated the hotel from the lake. Considering how far it would take to reach the lake, Jude reasoned that the killer would not have had time to dump the weapon in the lake. As it turned out, finding the weapon would turn out easy, as a lone lady was standing between the trees above the rifle. In her hands was a lamp that shone brightly, allowing the group to easily reach her amid the darkness.

27BtNGt.png

"Stay within the light now," she cautioned. "This is what you seek, isn't it? That woman, the one who died... she was shining so brightly. Of course, the darkness took her in the end. Foolish woman, what did she think was going to happen? With her gone, it's only a matter of time."

"It doesn't matter!" the woman declared. Considering how she cradled the lamp in her hand, it wouldn't be out of line to dub her the lamp lady. "I'm not here for you. You're no Savior. You're not destined for anything... just another pawn. There's little I can do for you, but, Tom's on his way, I assure you."

Honda had no idea who this woman was, or who Tom was, but he did wanna know something. "Ma'am, was that gun there when you found it?"
@Atomyk @Crow @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite

27BtNGt.png

dhG1PbW.png

"Wh- who's Tom? What can he do?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Crow @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @BodyInvestigation

"... You know, Stiles, you still sound ridiculous." Victoria decided to stand up and join Stile in flipping through the diary. "I just hope... whoever did this, had a damn good reason."

The next entry read:

"ENTRY THREE

I had a dream. I was in a room, red and black. I felt alone, until i saw a man. He sat on the floor. He was mediating. It was strange. We talked, but I can't remember what about. This wasn't a spirit I was speaking to. He was a man.

... I was thinking about my cloak. The cloak that smells of blood. It occurs to me it bears a striking resemblance to the cloak that my friend Ruby wears. Frankly, our cloaks look just about exactly the same. They are even about the same length, as Ruby's cloak billows beyond her height. It is not out of the realm of possibility to wonder if this was meant to be Ruby's cloak instead."

The lamp lady looked annoyed to answer these questions, but answer them she did. "The weapon has been here the whole time, tossed into the darkness of the night. You would have been out here for ages, wandering from the light if not for my interference. I saw it. Tom allowed me to see. Tom..." The woman paused for a long moment. In this time, Jude bent over to examine the gun.

"... Thomas Zane is the diver. The poet. The original source of light against the darkness. I'm here, conjured by him, as are others. He recruits the Saviors... One among you considers themselves a Savior. Tom has been trapped for a very long time, moving his own pawns in the war."

"... You know, Stiles, you still sound ridiculous." Victoria decided to stand up and join Stile in flipping through the diary. "I just hope... whoever did this, had a damn good reason."

The next entry read:

"ENTRY THREE

I had a dream. I was in a room, red and black. I felt alone, until i saw a man. He sat on the floor. He was mediating. It was strange. We talked, but I can't remember what about. This wasn't a spirit I was speaking to. He was a man.

... I was thinking about my cloak. The cloak that smells of blood. It occurs to me it bears a striking resemblance to the cloak that my friend Ruby wears. Frankly, our cloaks look just about exactly the same. They are even about the same length, as Ruby's cloak billows beyond her height. It is not out of the realm of possibility to wonder if this was meant to be Ruby's cloak instead."

The lamp lady looked annoyed to answer these questions, but answer them she did. "The weapon has been here the whole time, tossed into the darkness of the night. You would have been out here for ages, wandering from the light if not for my interference. I saw it. Tom allowed me to see. Tom..." The woman paused for a long moment. In this time, Jude bent over to examine the gun.

"... Thomas Zane is the diver. The poet. The original source of light against the darkness. I'm here, conjured by him, as are others. He recruits the Saviors... One among you considers themselves a Savior. Tom has been trapped for a very long time, moving his own pawns in the war."

"What the heck is any of that supposed to mean?!" Honda had had enough riddles for today. He decided to look for anything else dropped around.
@Atomyk @Crow

It would seem there was nothing else to be found in the foliage. At the very least, the lamp lady was pointing anything out.

"Well... thank you," Jude said, picking up the gun. He wasn't sure what else to say. "Um, is there anything we can do for?"

"No, no. Run along now. Continue your struggle. You'll soon come to find one of the faces of darkness. Tom, and so I as well, hopes you will be ready."

"... Right." Jude turned to Honda and gestured back toward Wanda's body. "I think we got everything we're gonna find around out here. Where do you think those fireworks went?"

It would seem there was nothing else to be found in the foliage. At the very least, the lamp lady was pointing anything out.

"Well... thank you," Jude said, picking up the gun. He wasn't sure what else to say. "Um, is there anything we can do for?"

"No, no. Run along now. Continue your struggle. You'll soon come to find one of the faces of darkness. Tom, and so I as well, hopes you will be ready."

"... Right." Jude turned to Honda and gestured back toward Wanda's body. "I think we got everything we're gonna find around out here. Where do you think those fireworks went?"

"I think...hold on a sec! How bloody was where we found Wanda? If not very bloody, then maybe those fireworks are where the actual crime took place? I'm not too sure..."
@Atomyk @Crow

"Bloody enough. The grass around her is stained enough that I would imagine she was shot near where her... body is." Jude shrugged. "If fireworks were set off, we should have found the remains of them somewhere outside, but there's nothing. The killer must have trashed them somehow..."

As they made their way back to the body, Jude pointed to Wanda. "By the way, someone... cleaned her up. There should be more blood on on the body."

The next entry read:

"ENTRY THREE

Poison had followed the two that went to investigate Wanda's room. While they hadn't been close the fact that both her and Bolin had passed made Poison feel sick to her stomach. "What the hell is a Ruby?" Poison asked as she read over Stiles' shoulder.

Reactions: Josh M
Zenyatta would only clasp his hands together, briefly joining his student in the prayer, the Iris opening once more to submit a hopeful soul to a cycle of rebirth.

Some say it is torment and great pain, to walk through many lives and inhibit many forms, but to never find rest.

Sometimes, though...those who had troubles and regrets in one life may find peace and retribution in another. Wherever the soul of Wanda will walk, she may find the tranquility she couldn't achieve as the Scarlet Witch.

55dfd446283c84d464feec9a4335851f.png

"You did not fail anything, Genji. Do you know what she truly wanted from you...?"
"Perhaps, she didn't want you to succeed or to fail."
"...what if, she just wanted to make you happy? To bring the same light...that you brought her."
"...I believe you brought comfort, love and support that she didn't even know she needed from this place."
"You've healed wounds that neither of you may have even noticed, my student."
"...I would hope that outweighs the actions you believe to be failures."

@Atomyk @The Tactician @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @BodyInvestigation

His head raised slightly in response. After a moment, he spoke. "Arigato yo, sensei. I hope you are right." Zenyatta's words helped calm via student. The fire in his chest burned down to an ember. His hands stopped shaking. He turned his attention back to the investigation, though. "Why do you think someone would go so out of their way to make her presentable?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Crow @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies

Yurick had noticed Jack and took a moment to consider speaking with him. Or just sitting nearby. He almost missed Zael hassling him, and the rest of the mercenary group he'd grown fond of begrudgingly.

With a sigh, the flame weilder sat nearby, though made sure not to get in the other's personal space much.

@york @anybody else
Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Fire Walk with Me"

With evening arrived, as everyone settled into the hotel and flocked into various rooms, an announcement was soon be broadcast throughout the building. It was the unmistakable voice of Monokuma.

"Ahem! Your headmaster has an important announcement to make! The last few days have been so stressful for everyone, hasn't it? Well, don't I have a treat for you! I wonder what festivities I have in store...? Oh, but I don't want to ruin the surprise! Everyone, please gather in the hotel's cafeteria! I hear they make a damn fine cup of coffee!"

As the students were ushered into the cafeteria, they would find a stage had been set up at the back of the room. Above a red backdrop were lights that lit up the stage, bathing the two stuffed animals standing below. Monokuma stood before a mic, dressed in a blue suit and tie, while Monomi stood behind him, dressed in a pink frilly dress.

lDZ4wxa.png

"Welcome to the fun time, everyone! What's fun time, you ask? Why, it's a two-man comedy routine! Say hello to my partner!"

XuMTeyU.png

Monomi looked around as if she was confused how she even got up on stage. "Ha-wha-wha! Why am I in a dress?! What--"

Monokuma grabbed the mic to interrupt Monomi. "Now, without further ado, I'm pleased to present 'Monokuma's Side-Splitting Two-Man Comedy Show!'"

"Huh? I didn't hear anything about this! Do I have to improvise?!"

"Why..."

Qfx0rQt.png

"Hello, I'm Monokuma!"

"Um, I'm Monomi...?"

"And we're..."

Wanda stood up, her chair screeched. "Done? I hope so."

"No!" yelled Monokuma, paws on his hips. "The Monokumas! Don't you want to see my mind-reading abilities, Witch?"

"Eh? You can read minds?!"

"Hmm, I'll guess your favorite food. Your favorite food is..."

Beside Wanda, a woman approached, holding a pot in her hands.

PZNxSiU.png

The older woman smiled and asked, "Dear, can you please sit down? My pot is getting cold!"

Wanda tried to smile as she sat down, nodding at the woman. "Of course, miss."

The pot lady took a few steps forward, but stopped suddenly. She smiled and turned to Wanda, holding out her pot for her to see.

igMI4Pr.jpg

"You should talk to my pot, you know. It might help you."

Shane, sitting nearby, scoffed angrily. "Are you fuckin' serious? She ain't gonna talk to a fuckin' pot."

Wanda looked at the pot. Unlike most people, being told to talk to a pot wasn't that weird for her. "Hello. Are you having a lovely day?"

"... Of course she agrees to talk to the fucking pot. She married a fuckin' robot. Talking to a pot is normal after that."

Monomi cleared her throat in an attempt to gather attention back to the stage. "S-So... my favorite food? It should be obvious what rabbits like!"

"Hmm... it starts with a C."

"Yes, that's right!"

"I think..."

The pot lady smiled as she lifted off the top of her pot, revealing steaming creamed corn.

"... Creamed corn!" Monokuma finished, holding up his arms.

Wanda stared at the creamed corn. For the first time on this trip, Wanda was visibly angry. "That's not funny, pot." Wanda's eyes turned to Monukuma. "I know what you're doing, bear!"

"Does the pot know, huh?"

Wanda didn't even bother to look back at Shane. "Yes he does!"

"For fuck's sake..."

Wanda stood strong, marching her way toward the stage. "You're out of your league here, Monkuma. I know what everything that is going on here. Soon enough, I will be the one with the upper hand." Wanda paused as she turned her head to the pot, as if waiting for something to happen.

"Oh, that's funny! It's probably the funniest part of the show so far! You, getting the upper hand? Don't split my sides too hard! You do know I can deal with you if you get uppity? Or did you forget? I know you have the memory of salmon, but still! Like the Ultimate Snow Job or whatever, I can put just about anyone in their place!"

Monokuma giggled away, but suddenly he stopped. "... Someone shut that pot up! Yeah, shut your pothole!" The pot lady nodded at this, placing the lid back on her pot and shuffling out of the room.

Monomi was nervously rubbing her hands together. "But... my favorite food is actually carrots..."

Jude looked around the room. "Uh, so did this become a three-man comedy show? Or..."

Wanda smirked as she watched the pot leave. "I know you, Monakuma. Our powers are alike. Despair and Chaos. They go hand in hand. But I use my powers of disorder to make order. That why I'll win. That why you fear me." Wanda then walked off to take a seat back where she had been sitting. She avoided the gaze of everyone in the room.

"Is that so? It would be so unfortunate if you were to have an accident then, huh? Maybe kill another of your fellow students? Your lucky I didn't start a class trial for the last one!" Monokuma turned to find Monomi glaring at him. "What? You're always so quick to make scary faces, Monomi. You guys better be careful too. Ya know, since Monomi's actually a bad guy. She's as bad as the first villain the hero fights in some teen anime!" Monomi began to sputter, but Monokuma just continued. "Believe me, it's a fact that she's a villain! If only you were to learn what Monomi was willing to do..."

"Noooo! Stop it! This is so bad in so many ways!"

"Puhuhu..." Monokuma turned to punch Monomi yet again, the poor rabbit falling right off the stage.

UzwXwuj.jpg

"I'm through dealing with you!"

"GYAHHHH! His backhand is far too powerful!"

Monokuma turned back to the mic and cleared his throat. "What a great show! Did you like it? Love it? Or was it too high-brow for you? Either way, it's over! Please enjoy a nice meal and get to bed! Healthy boys and girls make for good detectives!"

With that, Monokuma walked off the stage, leaving the group in silence.

Continued here.

CAST LIST
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@Chewy Rabbits as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@Krieg as Isaac "Felix" Gates "Ultimate Bounty Hunter" [Red VS Blue]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate ???" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Archwar as Noble Six "Ultimate Lone Wolf" [Original Character/Halo]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse "Ultimate Rat Mouse" [Original Character]
@Josh M as Scarlet Witch "Ultimate Witch" [Marvel Comics]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@Periodically Incorrect as Terezi Pyrope "Ultimate Justice" [Homestuck]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@Atomyk as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​
Continued from here.

Twilight Update
"Chaos Falling"

Wanda sat outside, the wind blew softly as she stared at the setting sun. A lot was rushing through her head. Hearing a noise, she turned her head to find Genji.

"Hello, Genji?"

Motioning the man to take a seat, Wanda's eyes turned again to the sun.

"I'm sorry if I have been worrying you. You and I... I-I feel comfortable around you."

Genji smiled under his mask at her as he sat, cross legged and enjoying the landscape. "You do not need to apologize, Wanda. Worrying is a bad habit of mine." He tilted his head at the next thing she said. "And I feel comfortable around you." The smile could practically be heard in his voice.

"That makes what about to say so hard."

Wanda didn't turn to face Genji, her eyes still locked on the scenery. However, she did take a deep breath.

"I know awhile ago, you asked me on a date. I don't know if that's a good idea. I think it's better if we just stay friends. I've been thinking about it, and we both have our own path. It'd be selfish if we put ourselves in front of our duties."

Genji sat up a little straighter, but nodded shortly thereafter. Though he was saddened by this, he understood. "You are right, Wanda, it would be. I understand." Yes, it made him sad, but they had never dated. It was easy to let go of something that was never yours. "I still have the honor of calling the great Wanda Maximoff my friend, though, and if we are not to date, that is all I ask."

"You don't need to ask, if you already know. Look, maybe... maybe one day we could go on that date. I'd love to. Who knows? Things can change, but for now, I think it's best. Besides, if something bad happened, I won't want to see you in pain. That fair?"

"It is very fair. You don't need to rationalize it to me, Wanda. I understand." Genji's voice was kind. Sympathetic, even. "If we can in the future though, I'd be more than happy to."

Wanda stood up, and lightly put her hand on Genji's back before she walked away.

"We'll see."

... And Gumshoe was watching all that unfold from a distance.

gumshoe-normal(a).gif

"..."

"... What the heck did I just witness?"

After the sun had set, a stillness overtook the hotel. Though the halls were dark and forbidding, some activity was on the rise. Murmurs and shouting echoed, but not enough to awake anyone and draw them from their rooms. The activity going on culminated in a fireworks display outside the hotel, this scene grand enough to draw a few curious eyes. Anyone who would come down in the darkness of the early morning to see what was happening would find Jude and Monomi running toward them in the hall.

P5RbRKO.png

"E-Everyone! There has been... there has been a terrible accident!"

"What the hell...?" groaned Victoria, stepping out of her room with a yawn. She looked at Monomi, who moved to cower behind Jude. "Is something wrong?"

"Just come on!"

Jude gestured for those around to follow him, leading them just outside the hotel. There, laying on the damp green grass was a motionless body. Covered with a red cloak was Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch. "She's dead," Jude declared.

GR1RdDE.png

"!"

Kyoko would let out an audible gasp, a shocked expression on her face as she'd be taken aback by the sight before her. Wanda was so sure that she'd get through this. She was so self-assured... so alive. To think that the promise they made earlier concerning what they would do after this was all over would be so easily broken by an untimely death, though perhaps when Monokuma's involved, she should have foreseen this and taken further precautions.

After all, it was her responsibility as the de facto leader to enforce those kinds of things, but... It was too late to regret such things. Now, all she could do was hope that the others would bring the culprit to justice.

As strong as she might come off to the others, little did everyone else know just how powerless she actually was before Monokuma.

It was then that Monokuma waddled out of the hotel, looking pleased as punch.

roLnfd6.png

"Oh, no... who could do such a thing to the Witch? Uhuhu... what a calamity! You know, the hotel is absolutely deserted... does everyone know what that means?"

Jude's hands baleld into fists as he angrily turned on the bear. "What? Are you saying one of us killed our own? Again? That would not happen-- Not after Byakuya and Neon! No... it's more likely you are to blame for this, damn you!"

"Oh ho... want to bet? Maybe I did have something to do with it. What a twist that would be! If so... you're gonna have to prove it, if you can! As per usual, we'll hold another class trial. Get on your game faces, for its time to process the evidence!"

Monomi growled in anger, stepping out from behind Jude to glare daggers at Monokuma.

wYo5xSw.png

"You mean ol' bear... you're just the worst!"

Monokuma giggled. "I'll leave the Witch's door open for you guys to check out!"

5pdOBjl.png

"..."

Kyoko would give Monokuma a hard, cold glare, as though communicating something to him that only the two of them were in on. It was more than just a simple death glare. It was something even more deeply wounded than that.

Another hint of the secret and mystery that surrounded Kyoko Kirigiri.

Still, she didn't let it linger, turning around and heading for Wanda's room. "Come on. We don't have any time to waste..."

And with that, another investigation began.

CAST LIST
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@Chewy Rabbits as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@Krieg as Isaac "Felix" Gates "Ultimate Bounty Hunter" [Red VS Blue]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate ???" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse "Ultimate Rat Mouse" [Original Character]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@Periodically Incorrect as Terezi Pyrope "Ultimate Justice" [Homestuck]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@Atomyk as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​
Wanda's room was sparse, which was not surprising considering it was a hotel room. Standing out was a lone notebook sitting on the desk.

Victoria was following after, looking listless. "Do you really think Monokuma is right? That one of us did this?"

"But would someone even listen to him, especially after Neon? He didn't even tell her if her team was okay before she..." Victoria let out a heavy sigh and fell on to the bed in a sitting position. "Maybe he just... forced someone? This all seems so... I don't know. Geez, you'd think they could be directly torturing us if they want to make us break down or something."

The notebook was a diary. The first entry would read:

"DAY ONE/ENTRY ONE
Dear Diary;

I found this book on the bus, so i am claiming it. I was eating lunch with Ruby, then, Poof! I'm on a bus full of people. Clearly the work of magic. The day was rather, in a weird way, pleasant, until it stopped. I met so many good people, some bad people, and some who are in-between. Yet, we're all here. All of us are powerless and confused. I feel my power, yet can't use it.

It seems everyone got a gift from home. Everyone but me. Yet it doesn't bother me. Maybe I am not suppose to be here? But who is?"

"What's it say?" Victoria asked.

"ENTRY TWO

I feel like I am losing my mind. I've been thinking about my twins. About my marriage. I am a failure. I am a murderer. I was born with more power than I can handle. I feel like my mind is slipping from me. Not again. I will gain control. I won't cause any pain here. I won't hurt anyone.

I should explain.

The next entry read:

"ENTRY THREE

Poison had followed the two that went to investigate Wanda's room. While they hadn't been close the fact that both her and Bolin had passed made Poison feel sick to her stomach. "What the hell is a Ruby?" Poison asked as she read over Stiles' shoulder.

Jack Frost
@Takumi @Jeremi @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @Room Investigation

Jack Frost sighed, he appeared to take not of Yurick's presense, though it was kiiind of apparant that he was a bit too tired to say much... Though he was still glad for some company nonetheless, sooner or later, he felt his eyelids drooping, and eventually... He had completely dozed off. When he awoke at some point later, a fireworks display had already started, and... ... Someone else had died, Wanda, specifically... The one who he had hoped would get them out of this jam, but it looked like Monokuma had somehow turned the tables, directly or indirectly. This time, he wasn't going to stay idle while this goes down, so instead, he decided to check out Wanda's room, and in doing so, he ended up joining Stiles and Victoria as they read the diary.

This kill seemed... Strangely out of place compared to the others; unlike the previous kills, Wanda appeared to have been thrust into a strange set of events to begin with... A re-used nametag, a cloak that resembled the one a friend she had been talking with had before she had been transpoted here... Hmm... And the "Ultimate Red Reaper" title that appeared to have been covered with a sticker for Wanda's title... Coud that have been this... Ruby's title? If that were the case then... Her friend, Ruby, must have been part of an event much like this one in the past...

After reflecting upon the details he had been given, he finally cleared his throat, deciding to speak.

"It's... Strange... Wanda is the only one with powers here, other than Monokuma... And she was also the only one with a... Repurposed nametag... As far as we know..." He said, pausing for a moment.

"Could... That have been Monomi's doing?" He asked, lowering his voice suddenly... Just incase Monokuma could hear them.

Though knowing the bear now, Jack Frost was half expecting him to literally pop out from the diary or somehting at this rate.​

"Bloody enough. The grass around her is stained enough that I would imagine she was shot near where her... body is." Jude shrugged. "If fireworks were set off, we should have found the remains of them somewhere outside, but there's nothing. The killer must have trashed them somehow..."

As they made their way back to the body, Jude pointed to Wanda. "By the way, someone... cleaned her up. There should be more blood on on the body."

His head raised slightly in response. After a moment, he spoke. "Arigato yo, sensei. I hope you are right." Zenyatta's words helped calm via student. The fire in his chest burned down to an ember. His hands stopped shaking. He turned his attention back to the investigation, though. "Why do you think someone would go so out of their way to make her presentable?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Crow @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies
Jack Frost
@Takumi @Jeremi @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @Room Investigation

Jack Frost sighed, he appeared to take not of Yurick's presense, though it was kiiind of apparant that he was a bit too tired to say much... Though he was still glad for some company nonetheless, sooner or later, he felt his eyelids drooping, and eventually... He had completely dozed off. When he awoke at some point later, a fireworks display had already started, and... ... Someone else had died, Wanda, specifically... The one who he had hoped would get them out of this jam, but it looked like Monokuma had somehow turned the tables, directly or indirectly. This time, he wasn't going to stay idle while this goes down, so instead, he decided to check out Wanda's room, and in doing so, he ended up joining Stiles and Victoria as they read the diary.

This kill seemed... Strangely out of place compared to the others; unlike the previous kills, Wanda appeared to have been thrust into a strange set of events to begin with... A re-used nametag, a cloak that resembled the one a friend she had been talking with had before she had been transpoted here... Hmm... And the "Ultimate Red Reaper" title that appeared to have been covered with a sticker for Wanda's title... Coud that have been this... Ruby's title? If that were the case then... Her friend, Ruby, must have been part of an event much like this one in the past...

After reflecting upon the details he had been given, he finally cleared his throat, deciding to speak.

"It's... Strange... Wanda is the only one with powers here, other than Monokuma... And she was also the only one with a... Repurposed nametag... As far as we know..." He said, pausing for a moment.

"Could... That have been Monomi's doing?" He asked, lowering his voice suddenly... Just incase Monokuma could hear them.

Though knowing the bear now, Jack Frost was half expecting him to literally pop out from the diary or somehting at this rate.​

Honda shook his head. "Maybe whoever did this regretted it? That, or with the way she was positioned, wanted to send a message..." Honda frowned, then started to think about it. "Maybe the fireworks weren't really fireworks? Maybe it was magic?"

@Atomyk @Crow @BarrenThin

The next entry read:

"ENTRY THREE

" I wish I had a normal life to explain to you, but that went out the window a long time ago. Probably about the time I started high school. I hope they had a good reason too," he said, silently thinking about his mother's death. He looked up and noticed that three people were now reading a diary over his shoulder. " Could you all move back a little bit? Also, seems like Ruby was a friend of hers," He asked and also commented. He wasn't claustrophobic as much as paranoid due to the nightmares that he had. He went for entry 4.

@Atomyk @Verite @york @Jeremi @Room Investigation/ Diary reading circle

Status
Not open for further replies.