• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things. I appreciate you helping. I do not appreciate being cursed out for creating a character.

Now, the story is only edgy because that's the setting I was given for the roleplay he originated in and all the things listed happened due to the influence of demons in the world.

Sean's character stays consistent in the story and even grows slightly. Now think. There is a very small gap of time from when Sean first hits the rabid dog from when that dog reveals itself as Edispu.

So, he doesn't jump around. If he does give me two contrasting examples of Sean's personality in what I wrote. Because his reactions to everything are rather calm all throughout.
Oh hell naw. If we cursed out people for creating, where would we be?

Anyway, like I said there is a lot wrong with this, but that's not really your fault per se now that I know a bit. And it does have elements that could shine, if you buffed it up. Lemme demonstrate.

Backstory

'Hell is empty and all the devils are here'.

Not sure who said that, but its something that's stuck into my mind ever since I was small. Mine is a world where Hell is our state of being, not some grand punishment for after we die. Its a world of smoke and ashes, where humanity fights to survive against the Infernal threats of below. Even then, people are people- Deals are still made in backrooms and its folks like us sacrificed to give the fat cats some breathing space. This is my home, where I grew up. Playing baseball in the gutters and fleeing whenever the alarms sounded and the demons invaded. Gunfire was my lullaby and the taste of soot and brimstone pervaded my waking hours. Rapid dogs filled the streets, feasting on the corpses laid in their wake and after a while, you learned to let it all go. It became easier not to care, caring only made you dog food. I saw my parents break before me because of it.

I vowed to never let myself be the same.

At ten years old, I had my first job. I was a messenger, running em back and forth for the brass and whoever else wanted. I was light and quick on my feet, could hide more easily then most older folk. And if I died, well there were always more ten year olds. That was when I met my first demon. Looked like a dog, but the tail was shorn of flesh and shone with the glint of polished bone. There was a nefarious intelligence in those eyes too, so I didn't stop to ask questions. When it came for me, I just did what I always do.

And I clocked it upside the head.

Maybe it was a bad idea, because next thing I knew it was chasing me everywhere. It became as close to me as my shadow, nothing I could do to stop it following. My fifteenth birthday came around and as I was celebrating alone, it appeared before me. Called itself 'Edispu' and wanted to make a deal. He said he admired my moxie and my lack of fear, could use people like me. He offered power and the freedom of never being taken in again by anyone, if I would bow down and worship him. I had nothing to lose.

So I took his hand.

Fire filled my veins and was expelled with every swing of my bat. Edispu himself, lurking forever in a corner of my mind, whispering to me to do things. Sometimes I black out and feel tired, other times I do so and I'm covered in blood. I don't know whats going on, but I do know this.

I shook hands with a demon.

And they'll be Hell to pay.

------

You see what I mean? Most of the time, extraneous information isn't needed. I just chopped off a majority of what you added and moreover, gave something every character needs to become interesting.

Motivation. He lives in a grimdark city- So what? How does this affect his growth, what sort of family life did he lead? What kind of jobs could he have taken to integrate his interests? That kind of thing. Motivation turns a bundle of traits into a living, breathing and above all- Interesting character that makes us as players, wish to interact with them. Its like making a sandwich- You don't pile the contents of the entire fridge between the bread slices, you just add what you need and want and enjoy it thus.

When we read traits that begin with 'lazy, easily annoyed or bored' we cease to care. Because if the character doesn't give a shit, why should we read it? Why should we emphasize with his backstory or think to follow his or her deeds? Hope this helps.

@ShiroKiyoshi

Oh hell naw. If we cursed out people for creating, where would we be?

Anyway, like I said there is a lot wrong with this, but that's not really your fault per se now that I know a bit. And it does have elements that could shine, if you buffed it up. Lemme demonstrate.

Backstory

'Hell is empty and all the devils are here'.

Not sure who said that, but its something that's stuck into my mind ever since I was small. Mine is a world where Hell is our state of being, not some grand punishment for after we die. Its a world of smoke and ashes, where humanity fights to survive against the Infernal threats of below. Even then, people are people- Deals are still made in backrooms and its folks like us sacrificed to give the fat cats some breathing space. This is my home, where I grew up. Playing baseball in the gutters and fleeing whenever the alarms sounded and the demons invaded. Gunfire was my lullaby and the taste of soot and brimstone pervaded my waking hours. Rapid dogs filled the streets, feasting on the corpses laid in their wake and after a while, you learned to let it all go. It became easier not to care, caring only made you dog food. I saw my parents break before me because of it.

I vowed to never let myself be the same.

At ten years old, I had my first job. I was a messenger, running em back and forth for the brass and whoever else wanted. I was light and quick on my feet, could hide more easily then most older folk. And if I died, well there were always more ten year olds. That was when I met my first demon. Looked like a dog, but the tail was shorn of flesh and shone with the glint of polished bone. There was a nefarious intelligence in those eyes too, so I didn't stop to ask questions. When it came for me, I just did what I always do.

And I clocked it upside the head.

Maybe it was a bad idea, because next thing I knew it was chasing me everywhere. It became as close to me as my shadow, nothing I could do to stop it following. My fifteenth birthday came around and as I was celebrating alone, it appeared before me. Called itself 'Edispu' and wanted to make a deal. He said he admired my moxie and my lack of fear, could use people like me. He offered power and the freedom of never being taken in again by anyone, if I would bow down and worship him. I had nothing to lose.

So I took his hand.

Fire filled my veins and was expelled with every swing of my bat. Edispu himself, lurking forever in a corner of my mind, whispering to me to do things. Sometimes I black out and feel tired, other times I do so and I'm covered in blood. I don't know whats going on, but I do know this.

I shook hands with a demon.

And they'll be Hell to pay.

------

You see what I mean? Most of the time, extraneous information isn't needed. I just chopped off a majority of what you added and moreover, gave something every character needs to become interesting.

Motivation. He lives in a grimdark city- So what? How does this affect his growth, what sort of family life did he lead? What kind of jobs could he have taken to integrate his interests? That kind of thing. Motivation turns a bundle of traits into a living, breathing and above all- Interesting character that makes us as players, wish to interact with them. Its like making a sandwich- You don't pile the contents of the entire fridge between the bread slices, you just add what you need and want and enjoy it thus.

When we read traits that begin with 'lazy, easily annoyed or bored' we cease to care. Because if the character doesn't give a shit, why should we read it? Why should we emphasize with his backstory or think to follow his or her deeds? Hope this helps.

@ShiroKiyoshi
Well, now you don't seem like a dick. However, still don't appreciate the cursing. Just start out like this next time.

Well, now you don't seem like a dick. However, still don't appreciate the cursing. Just start out like this next time.
Kid. You don't know me, so lemme clue ya in on something.

I am a dick. I am a monstrous, fucking dick who will take your concepts, burn them to ashes and then piss on em all if that's whats needed to help you become better. I've little patience for bad writing and I've none for attitude of the sort that the special snowflake RP'ers seem to gather like moss to a stone. It won't be the last time you hear me curse out your execution and if you hang around long enough, it won't be the last- Ask anyone here.

But I will do all I can to get you to improve if you want it and hold you to a higher quality I know you're capable of. Your first drafts may have been crap, but anyone who writes as much as that with patience and drive has moxie to become great. My two cents there.

Welcome back to the Murder Games.​

Last edited by a moderator:
And lo, peace was restored unto the kingdom.
For the better, I'd say.

Was prepared to come in here and bust some heads

Jason-Vorhees.gif

#SecuritySlasher

So uh, Idk if anyone really remembers me (and for my sake I hope people don't), but uh, I'd like to reserve a character slot.
You're the guy who played Leshawna. :) I remember.

Yeah ^^;;

I'm sorry for only posting like 5 times and then quitting. I'm going to be more active in this, this time.
I don't think I got to RP with you since I dropped the RP myself.

But from what I recall your posts were pretty fine!

Happy to have you along this time around. :)

tumblr_m2jxwwAT6w1qedb29o1_500.gif

latest

Name:Ellis
Canon Left 4 dead 2
Biography:
A junior mechanic by trade in the city of Savannah, he presents himself as a goofy, beer-loving country guy with an artless and sometimes naive world view.
Ellis is "extremely excited" about everything, like managing to visit a concert and being able to kill a lot of zombies, occasionally doing both at the same time, like in the Dark Carnival finale.
Personality-wise, Ellis is open, friendly, inclusive and highly (even unrealistically) optimistic, similar to Louis from the first game. In common with most young men, he is a risk taker and believes himself to be indestructible.
He is also easily distracted, often breaking into rants about things that have nothing to do with the current situation: far-fetched stories about his friend Keith and indulging in a flight of fantasy about marrying Zoey and taking her off on a cross-country road trip--all at the most inconvenient of times.

Strengths/Abilities: Trained Mechanic

Equipment: Hunting rifle, katana

Appearance(Pictures and descriptions are both acceptable!):

latest

poplar-concept-marquis.jpg

"I enjoyed our time together, friend! ...I'm lying, I hated it so much!"
"You are my favorite moron!"
"I am 26% grateful!"

(He has too many good sides I couldn't choose one :3)
Name: Marquis d'Caliber
Age(or estimated guess): idek. Let's go with...yes.
Canon(What fandom are they from?): Battleborn
Biography(at least a short synopsis): Once a butler to Pheobe Elizabeth Audelia Hemsworth IV, he went mad after a bad encounter with the governing AI of the LLC, The Magna Carta. Ever since then, this high-class sociopath has gone mad and has joined the Battleborn to wreak havoc on the unwashed masses.
Strengths/Abilities: He's a long range sniper and has a killer sense of fashion.
Equipment (max 2 weapons):

-His sniper (that also functioned as his cane) is know as Bindlebane and he is very accurate with it. (Can function as a rifle and as a handgun depending on how you hold the cane).
-He also has a miniature robot owl known as Hoodini (in game it's an explosion tracking missile, but for the sake of the RP, it will be toned down to just tracking and observing. Also, for sake of not making Marquis OP, there will only be one Hoodini versus the multiple that Marquis can produce).

Last edited by a moderator:
Appearance:

2cb95e7b9af21fef7d83e651433df043.jpg

Name: Foo Fighters, or just FF

Canon: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Star Ocean

Biography: A colony of zooplankton that gained a Stand when Pucci threw a Stand disc into the ocean. Its Stand is Foo Fighters, but the Stand and the user can't be considered separate entities in any sense of the phrase; even Foo Fighters' ability simply amounts to manipulating the plankton it's made from (although, as with any other stand, the applications are diverse). After its defeat and befriending by Jolyne, it decides to possess the corpse of a female prisoner named Atroe.

Strengths/Abilities: Foo Fighters (Stand)

Equipment (max 2 weapons): Water cup

Since I'm awake I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Like honestly you can do whatever with your character it's not up to me to dictate what you should or should not do, but as along as your choice isn't above street level it's fine.

Appearance(Pictures and descriptions are both acceptable!):

latest

poplar-concept-marquis.jpg

"I enjoyed our time together, friend! ...I'm lying, I hated it so much!"
"You are my favorite moron!"
"I am 26% grateful!"

(He has too many good sides I couldn't choose one :3)
Name: Marquis d'Caliber
Age(or estimated guess): idek. Let's go with...yes.
Canon(What fandom are they from?): Battleborn
Biography(at least a short synopsis): Once a butler to Pheobe Elizabeth Audelia Hemsworth IV, he went mad after a bad encounter with the governing AI of the LLC, The Magna Carta. Ever since then, this high-class sociopath has gone mad and has joined the Battleborn to wreak havoc on the unwashed masses.
Strengths/Abilities: He's a long range sniper and has a killer sense of fashion.
Equipment (max 2 weapons):

-His sniper (that also functioned as his cane) is know as Bindlebane and he is very accurate with it. (Can function as a rifle and as a handgun depending on how you hold the cane).
-He also has a miniature robot owl known as Hoodini (in game it's an explosion tracking missile, but for the sake of the RP, it will be toned down to just tracking and observing. Also, for sake of not making Marquis OP, there will only be one Hoodini versus the multiple that Marquis can produce).

You're my new favorite person.

• Useful
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Okay, here's my character choice.

Okay, I was tempted to go with Dr. Myklos, but as far as Rapture's concerned ... been there, done that. Maybe some other time.

I might still go with her, if my current preferred choice is considered 'too powerful'. But at the moment, I'm in the mood to play morally ambiguous characters.

Name: Mystique
Other names: Raven Darkholme, others
Canon: 80's X-Men, variant

Appearance:

A blue-skinned, red-headed woman. Sometimes a normal white raven-haired woman. When not impersonating other people.

Biography:

Not much is known about Mystique's early life, as her shapeshifting powers make it nearly impossible to tell how old she really is. According to Mystique herself, her powers first manifested when she was 12.

It is also known that her earliest meeting with her friend (and lover) Irene Adler (the mutant precog known as Destiny) took place at the dawn of the 20th century. They spent many years traveling together, hoping to decipher the meaning behind disturbing images Irene had seen as an adolescent, and possibly prevent future catastrophes. They would become lifelong friends and lovers, but discovered that the future was nearly impossible to shape as it would require 'social engineering'.

At some point, Mystique also met the mutant Sabretooth, and had an affair with him. This would result in the birth of her son Graydon Creed, who ironically enough became the head of the anti-mutant hate group Friends of Humanity.

The mutant Nightcrawler is also Mystique's son. However, that is a long and complicated story which will only be revealed if it becomes absolutely necessary (and has nothing to do with anyone named 'Azazel', thank you).

Facing much anti-mutant hatred (having narrowly escaped execution and angry mobs several times), Mystique turned to criminal activity. She formed the third incarnation of the Brotherhood of Mutants (sometimes called the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants due to their activities) with Irene (Destiny), the Blob, Avalanche, and Pyro. This led them to clashes with the X-Men, including the 'Days of Future Past' affair where the Brotherhood attempted the assassination of anti-mutant Senator Kelly.

Mystique's adopted daughter, Rogue, was trained by her, but later left the Brotherhood and joined the X-Men because Mystique could not help Rogue control her power-absorbing abilities and Professor Charles Xavier had a better chance of helping her.

Anti-mutant sentiment among normal human beings had greatly increased, and the federal government launched its own covert anti-mutant program, Project Wideawake. Believing that the times had become too dangerous for the Brotherhood to continue its criminal activities, Mystique went to Dr. Valerie Cooper, special assistant to the head of the National Security Council, and offered the Brotherhood's services to the government. Cooper agreed to convey the offer to the President, on the condition that the Brotherhood pass a test she imposed; the capture of Magneto. The Brotherhood, now renamed Freedom Force, succeeded in bringing Magneto to the authorities (only because he voluntarily surrendered to them), and soon afterwards officially entered the government's employ. In return for entering the government's employ as Freedom Force's leader, Mystique received a presidential pardon for all criminal charges against her, but the pardon would be revoked if any member of Freedom Force was found committing a crime. During her time with Freedom Force Mystique faced many new opponents such as the Grip, the West Coast Avengers, and several other foes.

Mystique is currently seeking the Books of Destiny that her lover Irene wrote centuries ago, for the time they foretold is close to coming to pass. This particular version of Mystique comes from the universe MCMG-229, a world where Inferno has yet to happen.

Powers and abilities:

Mystique can alter her physical form at will. As a result, she can cause herself to look and sound like an exact duplicate of any human, humanoid, or semi-humanoid being of either sex, wearing virtually any kind of clothing. Her control is so exact that she can precisely duplicate another persons retina pattern in her own eyes, finger, palm and skin-pore patterns on her own hands and skin, smell to overlap the original being, and vocal cords to match voices to the point of corresponding voice prints.

Her powers are limited in that she cannot mimic any superpowers that a person she is impersonating possesses. For example, impersonating Jean Grey would not grant her telepathy, nor would impersonating Nightcrawler grant her the ability to teleport.

She is also a highly skilled combat, trained in hand-to-hand and in marksmanship. She is also a trained actress and covert operative. She is multilingual, being fluent in English, German, and several other languages.

I understand and accept the rules of the game.

There's about 12 or so hours left for sign-ups if there is anyone still interested in joining.

OH no, why did I find this on the early morning of the closing date. Gosh darnit

So, the RP revs at 2:40AM, my time huh?

Smells glorious!

Well, I doubt Jeremi will have a hard cut-off time/date, so if you're a little late it should be fine.

Though obviously jumping in after it's started will seem intimidating.

Status
Not open for further replies.