• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_navtwcOfvu1sfvecc.jpg

"Well, there's not much else we can do..." Robin murmured as their captor ran off to parts unknown. Why do they always run off before giving us proper answers? For once, I want a Murder Game where people act- "Oh, hello there, Morgan."

tumblr_inline_n8q83quB301sfvecc.png

As he had been mentally rambling and ranting, Morgan had latched onto his hand with a firm grip. He noticed that her other hand also wrapped around one of Erika's, keeping the two parents on opposite sides of the girl, "First rule of having a daughter, Dad, I'm possessive when my parents have recently been threatened~" The tiny smile of joy held no ill intent, and Robin returned it just as well.

"Well, I guess I do not mind walking like this, as long as Erika-chan is alright with it."
Mettaton laughed, loud and proud, clearly overjoyed that he had managed to send the woman packing without getting even a scuff on him; or anyone else.

Cheery_zpskxolz4xy.png

"There's no problem a little charisma can't fix!~ Everyone gets off without a hitch, none the worse for wear!~"

Sincere_zpsdmtugagn.png

"Ah, what would the world be without me?~"

Before Mettaton went to address Erika, he went turned to Jamie and his dupes instead.

Ooh%202_zpswwcbouor.png

"Oh, and thanks for the help darling! I'm not so sure she would've been so easy to crack were it not for all the clones."

Tongue_zpsozq3e7ff.png

"Cool power by the way.~"

@Wedge Antilles

After all his business was done, he turned to give Erika a nod, before heading off to explore the chapel.

"Alright people! I want this place checked top to bottom! Leave no pew unturned!" he barked,

Smirk_zps5eo8jq2i.png

"Please.~"

@The Great Detective

@Lizzy @Mari @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @Church Checkers​
997.png

Lucina was amused.

"Interesting question. I will have to think on it and get back to you, Mr. Maddox." Lucina answered with a chuckle. Maybe she'd have a more concrete answer if her feelings towards Lancer fade completely?

She wasn't sure when that'd be but that wasn't very important at the moment. Keeping a hold of Deedee's hand; Luci began to explore the chapel. If Jamie Prime or Sarah came along she wouldn't have minded. She wondered if the dupe that was flirting with her would also join her and Deedee? Would he continue to flirt with her? Or would he just make jokes and say embarrassing things without meaning to, kind of like Jamie Prime did? That'd be rather interesting to see here.

@DBZ7 @Mari @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @Archmage Jeremiah @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @Wedge Antilles
12278653_10153097646696331_1942628297416062716_n.jpg

"Cool. Just be careful, okay?", Jamie said to Lucina, as he nodded and scratched his head at Lucina's response. Well, that was a better answer that he was expecting, considering how he blurted it out so spontaneously. Well, as it turned out, he thought to himself, it was just his dupes that were unpredictable...

"Hey babe, I'll stay with ya," the flirtatious dupe said as he followed Lucina, "if something nasty comes along, I'll make sure you're safe. And I'll order some Chinese take out and a six pack of Coors Light while I'm at it."

... and of course his dupes, especially that one, was especially so. Jamie looked at the rest of his fighting dupes. He may as well manage the fighting force if needed, and let the flirty one watch over Lucina like the Terminator fanboy dupe was doing for Sarah Connor.

"Keep at attention, men," Jamie Prime said to the dupes, "we don't know who or what or when, but I have a feeling the when is gonna be soon."

@Lizzy @Mari @Archmage Jeremiah @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @The Great Detective
DIO walked with the group, pondering how Pucci and the Warrior were doing as he walked alongside Jason.
"I can sense you holding back, Jason." DIO whispered coolly.
"I, DIO, can only imagine what fun you would have if freed." He grinned.
@TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Great Detective @Lizzy @others
Sorey and Mikleo look at each other for a moment, nod, and then look around again. Mikleo: "Agreed."

Sorey: I am feeling some of the Shepherd's power returning, But I don't think I can Armatize anymore. You know how to use that staff for more than just Seraphic artes, Right Meebo?"
Mikleo: Its MIKLEO! and I should say so, after all I beat you every time we fought as kids,
Sorey: you beat me twice. Maybe.

@Lizzy @Mari @Archmage Jeremiah @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @The Great Detective
Wow, Sarah thought, this one really had Pops' mannerisms skillfully performed. Or was he somehow knowledgeable of the other Terminators, did they behave the same way Pops would? She decided she would try to see if the church had any secrets or hidden passages, since they seemed to be stuck there now instead of being targets for an attack of some kind. But before she would do so, she would suggest something the dupe, J-800, something she was curious about how he'd react to.

tumblr_ng2srbc8Sk1qfb5cjo3_250.gif

@Lizzy @Archmage Jeremiah @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai@Forrest @Wedge Antilles @Church Checkers
Before they would get to fully searching through the chapel, Erika couldn't help herself but show appreciation to be this close to her lover and future daughter.

tumblr_inline_n6tzyf59SF1ql8ac4.png

"Of course I'm fine with this, Robin-kun~ I always find it wonderful to be this close to the both of you... in fact..."

The detective would decide to take the moment to hug Morgan close... and the very next moment... a brief flash of purple occurred as Erika had summoned her scythe in the attempt to slice right through Morgan!

"... I wouldn't mind clashing with my own daughter, it'll be a perfect bonding experience for all of us~!"

For reasons unknown, it appeared Erika was now attacking them like they were sworn enemies, and Robin would soon follow suit on the detective's actions. Maybe this event occurring was the reason the mysterious woman in white tried to lock them up earlier...

@Lizzy @Archmage Jeremiah @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai@Forrest @Wedge Antilles @Mari @Church Checkers​

12278653_10153097646696331_1942628297416062716_n.jpg

"Cool. Just be careful, okay?", Jamie said to Lucina, as he nodded and scratched his head at Lucina's response. Well, that was a better answer that he was expecting, considering how he blurted it out so spontaneously. Well, as it turned out, he thought to himself, it was just his dupes that were unpredictable...

"Hey babe, I'll stay with ya," the flirtatious dupe said as he followed Lucina, "if something nasty comes along, I'll make sure you're safe. And I'll order some Chinese take out and a six pack of Coors Light while I'm at it."

... and of course his dupes, especially that one, was especially so. Jamie looked at the rest of his fighting dupes. He may as well manage the fighting force if needed, and let the flirty one watch over Lucina like the Terminator fanboy dupe was doing for Sarah Connor.

"Keep at attention, men," Jamie Prime said to the dupes, "we don't know who or what or when, but I have a feeling the when is gonna be soon."

Lucina nodded.

"Alright, I will." She replied to Jamie Prime. Then, when the dupe began to follow, she looked towards him.

"Very well. By the way, is there anything you'd like me to call you?" Lucina asked him while keeping a hold of Deedee's hand.

@DBZ7 @Mari @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @Archmage Jeremiah @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @Wedge Antilles

Before they would get to fully searching through the chapel, Erika couldn't help herself but show appreciation to be this close to her lover and future daughter.

"Of course I'm fine with this, Robin-kun~ I always find it wonderful to be this close to the both of you... in fact..."

The detective would decide to take the moment to hug Morgan close... and the very next moment... a brief flash of purple occurred as Erika had summoned her scythe in the attempt to slice right through Morgan!

"... I wouldn't mind clashing with my own daughter, it'll be a perfect bonding experience for all of us~!"

For reasons unknown, it appeared Erika was now attacking them like they were sworn enemies, and Robin would soon follow suit on the detective's actions. Maybe this event occurring was the reason the mysterious woman in white tried to lock them up earlier...

@Lizzy @Archmage Jeremiah @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai@Forrest @Wedge Antilles @Mari @Church Checkers​

Lucina paused mid step at Erika's actions and frowned. Something about that seemed strange to Luci. Sure, her and her father usually sparred every now and then but something definitely wasn't right. Quickly drawing Parallel Falchion, Lucina would keep an eye on the two and Morgan while also standing protectively in front of Deedee.

Yuka didn't have much experience when it came to going up against someone in a full-blown fight. It was truly a mess, being unable to defend herself fully from the Gates of Babylon and Izayoi's invisible barrage. She only was fine because of her role as the new "Sachiko," that her soul wouldn't exactly break that easily.

@DapperDogman @Gen. Magic Senpai @CrunchyCHEEZIT

latest

"Oh, I get it, silent guy that's also the Maestro here. You wanna get the spooky spirit appeased? I can definitely help out there~..."

Lambdadelta was able to easily interpret that, because Crono wasn't the first silent person she's met up with. Though, she glanced around after making that statement about helping, and then added after a short while.

"... except I don't really know what to appease her with. Never really looked into the girl at all, and to appease a spirit, you need to present them something of great importance to them. Soooo... if you knew her that well, what exactly did she find great importance in? That way, I can go fetch it over and get the appeasing business out of the way."

@york @Atomyk
Crono
@The Great Detective @Atomyk

Crono blinked, this was a bit of a tough question; clearly his gift didn't work, but... Maybe, it was because his gift was only a replacement for those scented beads she had lost a while ago, and if that was the case, could those beads be laying around somewhere? With that thought in mind, Crono made a few more motions with his hands, seeming to be trying to indicate that they should try finding Yuka's scented beads to appease her with.

Bad%20Hair%20Day_zpszpdixiso.png

"..."

And just like that, they were fighting. For no good reason whatsoever. All three of them. Well, Mettaton couldn't be entirely confused. He had been warned by a certain fellow in blue that humans often had...

Violent tendencies.

Regardless of reason, Mettaton needed to do something about it. So, he did the only thing he can do.

latest

"Yoooohoooo!~ Have you ever seen legs like these?~ They're one of a kind!~"

Mettaton made himself the centre of attention.

@The Great Detective @The Yuletide Tactician

@Lizzy @Mari @Hospes @Wedge Antilles @FireDrake150 @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @Church Checkers

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Crono
@The Great Detective @Atomyk

Crono blinked, this was a bit of a tough question; clearly his gift didn't work, but... Maybe, it was because his gift was only a replacement for those scented beads she had lost a while ago, and if that was the case, could those beads be laying around somewhere? With that thought in mind, Crono made a few more motions with his hands, seeming to be trying to indicate that they should try finding Yuka's scented beads to appease her with.
latest

"Oh yeah, some scented bead charm... right? I'll go search every possible location it could be within this school building, so sit tight and I'll be riiiight back!"

With that said, Lambdadelta disappeared in a burst of colorful sparkles. Well... she wasn't kidding when she said that she was a Witch, and now they had someone backing them up. It was a good thing that Izayoi and Gilgamesh were distracting Yuka at the moment, and around this time, it appeared that Ange was finally recovering.

@york @Atomyk @DapperDogman @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gen. Magic Senpai

"I was merely caught off guard, but the explanation is appreciated." She said to Jamie, some of the terms and phrases he used she wasn't familiar with. But, at the fact of him calling her pretty caused a pink blush to spread across her cheeks. She ignored it though as her free hand went to hold onto Deedee's to make sure she was still nearby and if she was alright. Taking a glacne down to the girl Lucina noticed that she seemed to have something on her mind.

"Something on your mind little one?" She asked Deedee then.

Deedee still looked very unsure and wary of Jamie and his dupes, and the little five-year-old could practically feel her head reeling as she tried desperately to assure herself that the dupes weren't akin to the men in green suits. It was hard not to associate the two, though - the men in the suits all looked exactly alike, and so did these dupes.

Suffice to say, it had the kid scared out of her mind, and she tried her best to keep herself as close to being out of the dupes' and Jamie's sights as possible. Even if she seemed to be bravening up a good bit, she wasn't ready to have to address the odd clones.

Now, a different kind of silence radiated from the child. It was as if though the air around her, itself, changed. Instead of her typical radiance of sadness and hollowness that had acted like a cloud around her since Mark's death, or her newfound slight bravery, it was as though the sadness had mixed with fear again. This probably wouldn't go very well..

Regardless, when she felt her hand being gripped by Lucina's, her burning blue eyes drifted upwards to look at the female warrior. Those eyes were clouded by a plethora of emotions, making it almost impossible to read just how the child was feeling, or what she was thinking about. Of course, the question that Lucina asked her certainly had the potential to unveil both of those things, now, didn't it?

A thick silence seeped into the air as the child thought over the inquiry. She considered just how she was supposed to respond to that. As far as she was aware, she didn't really have any gestures that could voice such a thing.. Most people could have, if they had a pen and paper, but there was only one problem there - Deedee had never been taught to write. She had never had the chance to learn how, considering the world had lost almost all electronics and paper due to the Sun Flares, her parents had died in front of her so early, and after the Flare virus was released.. People all saw her as a demon because she was an Immune, and thus were much more keen on the idea of torturing and attempting to sacrifice her than teaching her to write.

So, it looked like she'd have to speak.

"...Deedee. My name is Deedee," she finally answered, voice as soft and gentle as ever. Huh. In any case, at least there was proof she could talk.

The child internally cringed at Jamie's clone's constant flirting. Yeah... Deedee didn't have any words. It was all she could do to just stay by Lucina and try to pretend she just didn't exist.

@Lizzy @Wedge Antilles @toomanytags

Deedee still looked very unsure and wary of Jamie and his dupes, and the little five-year-old could practically feel her head reeling as she tried desperately to assure herself that the dupes weren't akin to the men in green suits. It was hard not to associate the two, though - the men in the suits all looked exactly alike, and so did these dupes.

Suffice to say, it had the kid scared out of her mind, and she tried her best to keep herself as close to being out of the dupes' and Jamie's sights as possible. Even if she seemed to be bravening up a good bit, she wasn't ready to have to address the odd clones.

Now, a different kind of silence radiated from the child. It was as if though the air around her, itself, changed. Instead of her typical radiance of sadness and hollowness that had acted like a cloud around her since Mark's death, or her newfound slight bravery, it was as though the sadness had mixed with fear again. This probably wouldn't go very well..

Regardless, when she felt her hand being gripped by Lucina's, her burning blue eyes drifted upwards to look at the female warrior. Those eyes were clouded by a plethora of emotions, making it almost impossible to read just how the child was feeling, or what she was thinking about. Of course, the question that Lucina asked her certainly had the potential to unveil both of those things, now, didn't it?

A thick silence seeped into the air as the child thought over the inquiry. She considered just how she was supposed to respond to that. As far as she was aware, she didn't really have any gestures that could voice such a thing.. Most people could have, if they had a pen and paper, but there was only one problem there - Deedee had never been taught to write. She had never had the chance to learn how, considering the world had lost almost all electronics and paper due to the Sun Flares, her parents had died in front of her so early, and after the Flare virus was released.. People all saw her as a demon because she was an Immune, and thus were much more keen on the idea of torturing and attempting to sacrifice her than teaching her to write.

"...Deedee. My name is Deedee," she finally answered, voice as soft and gentle as ever. Huh. In any case, at least there was proof she could talk.

The child internally cringed at Jamie's clone's constant flirting. Yeah... Deedee didn't have any words. It was all she could do to just stay by Lucina and try to pretend she just didn't exist.

Lucina was a bit surprised to hear Deedee's voice, but she was glad to finally hear the girl's name and gave the girl a small smile.

"That's a nice name." She said in response with a nod.

tumblr_inline_n8q846rXuM1sfvecc.png

Her sense of danger flared as her mother spoke, hinting at the coming danger. In fact, that warning was the only thing that allowed her to escape being bisected by the scythe, releasing her father's hand and hopping back. Her cloak, unfortunately, had a tear in the shoulder now, but it was nothing she could fix later. For now, she focused her attention on Erika, burning red hot anger in her eyes, "What the?! Who the hell are you two, imposters?! Where are my parents?"

"Why, whatever do you mean, Morgan-chan~?" One of the daggers she carried was thrown up to deflect the bullet that flew towards her gut, sending it flying off instead of into her intestines.

tumblr_inline_nifsgamkrP1sfvecc.jpg

"We're right here, dear. Honestly, didn't we teach you to not be rude to your eelders, especially your parents?" The serenity with which Robin spoke as he worked the lever of the gun sent a chill up Morgan's spine. This wasn't her father, at least, not the real one. He was a fake, just like the Battler they had met. He wasn't real, neither of them were, meaning she didn't need to feel awful about hurting them.

She was only barely able to keep her stomach from turning as she began her plan to kill Erika, her daggers poised to skewer the detective as she charged, "You all focus on the fake Robin! I'll handle the detective of crap!"

"How awful... To speak of your mother like that! I'll have to punish her later, most likely by scorching her alive!" The tactician almost seemed thrilled by the thought, and the others would bear witness to a sickening grin as he turned to face them, rifle and tome in hand, "Bit first, to deal with you all!"

@Lizzy @Archmage Jeremiah @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai@Forrest @Wedge Antilles @Mari

Lucina paused mid step at Erika's actions and frowned. Something about that seemed strange to Luci. Sure, her and her father usually sparred every now and then but something definitely wasn't right. Quickly drawing Parallel Falchion, Lucina would keep an eye on the two and Morgan while also standing protectively in front of Deedee.

Bad%20Hair%20Day_zpszpdixiso.png

"..."

And just like that, they were fighting. For no good reason whatsoever. All three of them. Well, Mettaton couldn't be entirely confused. He had been warned by a certain fellow in blue that humans often had...

Violent tendencies.

Regardless of reason, Mettaton needed to do something about it. So, he did the only thing he can do.

latest

"Yoooohoooo!~ Have you ever seen legs like these?~ They're one of a kind!~"

Mettaton made himself the centre of attention.

@The Great Detective @The Yuletide Tactician

@Lizzy @Mari @Hospes @Wedge Antilles @FireDrake150 @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @Church Checkers

Lucina was a bit surprised to hear Deedee's voice, but she was glad to finally hear the girl's name and gave the girl a small smile.

Her sense of danger flared as her mother spoke, hinting at the coming danger. In fact, that warning was the only thing that allowed her to escape being bisected by the scythe, releasing her father's hand and hopping back. Her cloak, unfortunately, had a tear in the shoulder now, but it was nothing she could fix later. For now, she focused her attention on Erika, burning red hot anger in her eyes, "What the?! Who the hell are you two, imposters?! Where are my parents?"

"Why, whatever do you mean, Morgan-chan~?" One of the daggers she carried was thrown up to deflect the bullet that flew towards her gut, sending it flying off instead of into her intestines.

"We're right here, dear. Honestly, didn't we teach you to not be rude to your eelders, especially your parents?" The serenity with which Robin spoke as he worked the lever of the gun sent a chill up Morgan's spine. This wasn't her father, at least, not the real one. He was a fake, just like the Battler they had met. He wasn't real, neither of them were, meaning she didn't need to feel awful about hurting them.

She was only barely able to keep her stomach from turning as she began her plan to kill Erika, her daggers poised to skewer the detective as she charged, "You all focus on the fake Robin! I'll handle the detective of crap!"

"How awful... To speak of your mother like that! I'll have to punish her later, most likely by scorching her alive!" The tactician almost seemed thrilled by the thought, and the others would bear witness to a sickening grin as he turned to face them, rifle and tome in hand, "Bit first, to deal with you all!"

@Lizzy @Archmage Jeremiah @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai@Forrest @Wedge Antilles @Mari

"Awww... and I thought I was someone you looked up to, Morgan~ Your role model. Your mother. Do I really need to discipline my bundle of joy so soon?"

The jeering smile on her face, Erika swung her scythe in ways to deflect the incoming daggers. Despite the turn of sides, it appeared that Erika still had her cunning intellect at her side.

tumblr_nw4i08VDoD1u3z5n7o2_100.png

"As the Witch of Truth, here's my Red Truth! We, Erika Furudo and Robin Tact, are not fakes, and are truly the real deal! Now... stay still so Robin and I can eliminate all traces of this Game altogether!!"

Swinging her scythe around in rapid speeds, her slashes powered by the Red Truth were mostly aimed towards Morgan and also Mettaton!

Lucina stood between the two and Deedee, Parallel Falchion raised.

tumblr_mcmaloHmS91rvknx5o1_500.jpg
"Stay behind me, Deedee." She told the younger girl.

Facing Robin like this didn't make Lucina feel well, but she needed to keep a clear head if she wanted to keep Deedee safe.

If she didn't stay level headed and calm Robin could easily use it to his advantage. Lucina knew Robin was skilled in tactics and was rather powerful on top of that. They were from the same world after all.

Facing Robin like this didn't make Lucina feel well, but she needed to keep a clear head if she wanted to keep Deedee safe.

If she didn't stay level headed and calm Robin could easily use it to his advantage. Lucina knew Robin was skilled in tactics and was rather powerful on top of that. They were from the same world after all.

As this situation developed, Sarah had no idea who was the true enemy. A lot of talk, a lot of things she didn't understand and could not relate to, and now threats between people she hardly knew. This was not a good situation. Would terminating all of them be the answer? For the short term, probably... but it might mean that whoever had the power to bring them back to where everyone truly belonged would be among the dead as well. Not a good long term solution.

She remembered what Pops told her, about Skynet and its tactic of deception. If they succeed at deception, you will have lost. Do not allow that. She would therefore, trust none of the lot of Erika, Robin, and whoever else was getting involved here.

But she noticed Lucina. Sarah could trust her. Was she preparing to protect against Robin? Instantly, her mind went to work. The plan was written.

"J-800," she said to the dupe who was with her, "go take care of the little girl over there." And then, she would aim and fire at Robin. Not just one shot, but several, two shots per second, over a span of 5 seconds.

tumblr_niyhut67Zd1qfb5cjo3_500.gif

@Lizzy @DBZ7 @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @Archmage Jeremiah @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @Wedge Antilles @The Great Detective

image.png

"So I didn't need to brief over the Blue Truths to all of you. That's good. Saves me a bit of breath. Now, for my refuting Red Truths..."

Yukari took a moment to fan herself with her oriental fan, and continued to speak, now with the Red.

image.png

"There are no other doors in that room, there is only that door that he had entered through. In addition to that, the man did not hide in the room when it was opened up for others to see his absence. However... there is indeed a window within this room."

With that settled, she awaited for the next moves of her opponents in this brief logic battle.

@Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @TheColourlessRainbow @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @Verite @C.T. @Kaykay @Shattered♦Secrets™ @Hazel-rah @Mighty Roman
"Alright, right on the mark!" Yuna cheered before thinking again. "So the man left through the window!"

"The man did not leave the room in the first place."

@Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @TheColourlessRainbow @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @Verite @C.T. @The Great Detective @Shattered♦Secrets™ @Hazel-rah @Mighty Roman

"Awww... and I thought I was someone you looked up to, Morgan~ Your role model. Your mother. Do I really need to discipline my bundle of joy so soon?"

The jeering smile on her face, Erika swung her scythe in ways to deflect the incoming daggers. Despite the turn of sides, it appeared that Erika still had her cunning intellect at her side.

tumblr_nw4i08VDoD1u3z5n7o2_100.png

"As the Witch of Truth, here's my Red Truth! We, Erika Furudo and Robin Tact, are not fakes, and are truly the real deal! Now... stay still so Robin and I can eliminate all traces of this Game altogether!!"

Swinging her scythe around in rapid speeds, her slashes powered by the Red Truth were mostly aimed towards Morgan and also Mettaton!

"Crap..." Deciding her best bet for now wasn't to attack head-on, Morgan switched gears in an instant, bobbing and weaving to avoid each slash and cut by her mother. While some of the moves were quiet close calls, nothing more than a hair or piece of her cloak were cut away with each slash, and Morgan was able to toss out a pair of daggers, this time powered by the Blue, "Then you're under mind control, Erika Furudo, along with your lover Robin Tact!"

As this situation developed, Sarah had no idea who was the true enemy. A lot of talk, a lot of things she didn't understand and could not relate to, and now threats between people she hardly knew. This was not a good situation. Would terminating all of them be the answer? For the short term, probably... but it might mean that whoever had the power to bring them back to where everyone truly belonged would be among the dead as well. Not a good long term solution.

She remembered what Pops told her, about Skynet and its tactic of deception. If they succeed at deception, you will have lost. Do not allow that. She would therefore, trust none of the lot of Erika, Robin, and whoever else was getting involved here.

But she noticed Lucina. Sarah could trust her. Was she preparing to protect against Robin? Instantly, her mind went to work. The plan was written.

"J-800," she said to the dupe who was with her, "go take care of the little girl over there." And then, she would aim and fire at Robin. Not just one shot, but several, two shots per second, over a span of 5 seconds.

tumblr_niyhut67Zd1qfb5cjo3_500.gif

@Lizzy @DBZ7 @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @Archmage Jeremiah @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @Wedge Antilles @The Great Detective
"Huh, so afraid to face me, Lucina? To be the 'hero' and to fight me?"

Spoken in a cocky manner, the taunt aimed to set off Lucina, to see how the tactician could slip into her mind and cause her to fall apart. He didn't need to attack just yet, not when he could simply observe for a few moments and know what else was needed to break the princess. The smirk added with it that disappeared behind a wall of fire to protect against the shots fired by Connor was simply icing on the cake.

Robin was now hidden from view, obviously moving as his voice seemed to change direction from where it came from beyond the controlled blaze, "How odd, really. Only a few years ago, you were willing to kill me... To kill the man who had served your father faithfully... The man who had been your friend in the past, one of many who helped raise you..."

"Funny, you've gotten weaker instead of stronger!" A hole opened in the wall from the direction of his voice, a bullet from the lever action rifle he carried flying through it. The shot was aimed for Deedee, the weakest of the group. Distract her, make her fall prey to protecting the smallest above all else... The hole quickly closed once again before another appeared once again, this time continuing to widen after a shower of icicles flew from within to attempt to impale Conner through the gut and the fire disappeared as Robin was once again revealed with a different tome than before, "I thought you would do anything to save the day, Lucina, but I believe I was mistaken now!"

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Alright, right on the mark!" Yuna cheered before thinking again. "So the man left through the window!"

"The man did not leave the room in the first place."

@Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @TheColourlessRainbow @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @Verite @C.T. @The Great Detective @Shattered♦Secrets™ @Hazel-rah @Mighty Roman
image.png

"Nice try, but I'm afraid that the man never left through the window. He also indeed leave the room through this very locked door here."

Upon saying this, Yukari stifled a little laugh when it came to thinking this over, and then sitting back with a content smile on her face.

"Oh, and before someone makes a quick one, this door was not unlocked from the inside, so the man simply walking out of the room is not the solution here. Think about it, even if he did, how else would that key remain within the room on a desk and how would the man proceed to lock the room once more from the outside? Hmmmm?"

@Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @TheColourlessRainbow @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @Verite @C.T. @Kaykay @Shattered♦Secrets™ @Hazel-rah @Mighty Roman

image.png

"Nice try, but I'm afraid that the man never left through the window. He also indeed leave the room through this very locked door here."

Upon saying this, Yukari stifled a little laugh when it came to thinking this over, and then sitting back with a content smile on her face.

"Oh, and before someone makes a quick one, this door was not unlocked from the inside, so the man simply walking out of the room is not the solution here. Think about it, even if he did, how else would that key remain within the room on a desk and how would the man proceed to lock the room once more from the outside? Hmmmm?"

"Hmm... Was there another key????"

@everyone lol​

"Crap..." Deciding her best bet for now wasn't to attack head-on, Morgan switched gears in an instant, bobbing and weaving to avoid each slash and cut by her mother. While some of the moves were quiet close calls, nothing more than a hair or piece of her cloak were cut away with each slash, and Morgan was able to toss out a pair of daggers, this time powered by the Blue, "Then you're under mind control, Erika Furudo, along with your lover Robin Tact!"

Spoken in a cocky manner, the taunt aimed to set off Lucina, to see how the tactician could slip into her mind and cause her to fall apart. He didn't need to attack just yet, not when he could simply observe for a few moments and know what else was needed to break the princess. The smirk added with it that disappeared behind a wall of fire to protect against the shots fired by Connor was simply icing on the cake.

Robin was now hidden from view, obviously moving as his voice seemed to change direction from where it came from beyond the controlled blaze, "How odd, really. Only a few years ago, you were willing to kill me... To kill the man who had served your father faithfully... The man who had been your friend in the past, one of many who helped raise you..."

"Funny, you've gotten weaker instead of stronger!" A hole opened in the wall from the direction of his voice, a bullet from the lever action rifle he carried flying through it. The shot was aimed for Deedee, the weakest of the group. Distract her, make her fall prey to protecting the smallest above all else... The hole quickly closed once again before another appeared once again, this time continuing to widen after a shower of icicles flew from within to attempt to impale Conner through the gut and the fire disappeared as Robin was once again revealed with a different tome than before, "I thought you would do anything to save the day, Lucina, but I believe I was mistaken now!"

Sarah dove to avoid the icicles... she noted that they weren't as past as modern weapons, it seemed. In her mind, she wondered if magical abilities could only operate as quickly as the brain behind them... which made her wonder about Skynet and it's abilities. What kind of future was she, and her unborn son, facing?

She took some cuts from the icicles, as there was only so many she could completely avoid. But she put that pain aside for now, as she focused on her next move. She fired on the ceiling of the church, hoping to get some of the ornaments, chandeliers, lights, glass, anything, to fall on Robin.

tumblr_nvzi8jTiYa1uhpnvzo1_250.gif

"Out of the way!", she yelled to anyone near Robin, especially Lucina.

@Lizzy @DBZ7 @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @Archmage Jeremiah @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin@Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @Wedge Antilles @The Great Detective

Despite being both sad and terrified, the little girl returned the nod, rocking on her heels slightly. "...Thanks."

As though having to witness the fight alone wasn't bad enough, now Deedee once again found herself confronted by someone who wanted to do her harm. Her bright blue eyes widened in horror, and she cried out in pain as the bullet connected with her small, frail body. The shrill cry of a felled child faded to a pained whimper as the girl crumpled to the ground, too shocked and hurt to do anything. To her luck, though, it didn't appear to be fatal.

Andddd back to being nothing but a liability, it seemed..

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Lizzy @Wedge Antilles @Mari

Gordon_Freeman.jpg

Gordon was...well, he never experienced death before. He didn't have the time to die, so many people depended on him that dying would just be a bother for both his enemies and his allies-- so, he simply denied death any passage for the length of his life. A copious amount of close calls and near-death experiences graced him because of this, though it could be because of his.."mutual friend".

Unfortunately, under the law of the multiverse, such determination and will to survive doesn't carry over to whatever borderworld this place is. Mr. Freeman, Anticitizen One, The Freeman himself, has finally died. (Atleast, he died a couple pages ago). Gordon was not present during the afterlife groups venture, or if he was, he was deathly silent and unconscious-- probably unnoticed by everyone.

That is until Gordon Freeman suddenly opened his eyes and gained consciousness of the surrounding area...and we surrounded by everyone he saw die. Both those executed, and those who were murdered. Was this some sort of hallucination, or was it what everyone called the "Afterlife"? Gordon never thought about his relationship with God, as it was never relevant and he had better things to be doing. But now that he had his eye stabbed out (which he painfully remembers, the last thing he saw before his death was the wicked smile of Sachiko glaring down at his soul), it seemed like now was the time to sit down and consider such thoughts. The guilt over his deeds began to wash over him, though-- Gordon was a very pragmatic and decisive man. He planned every step of his life out like a physics puzzle, and tried to do things the easiest and most efficient way possible. No matter how much it impeded the process of his work, no matter how complicated it made things, no matter how many pointless escort missions he had to perform to get through it all..

Gordon Freeman would never intentionally murder an innocent person. Even if he tried, he could never pull himself to do it. Not since the Black Mesa incident, he realized he had a certain reputation he had to uphold as the de-facto leader of the human revolution against the Combine-- he had to watch over the lives of countless people. He did it all without pay, because it was simply the right thing to do-- no matter the strategic cost put into it. Gordon was forced by that...bitch...and he had to go against his own word and slaughter an innocent man in cold blood. A crossbow shot to the head-- it was an easy kill, but it hurt him inside. Gordon is a one man killing machine-- he murders countless combine, aliens, and zombies every day as part of his job. One would think that such a reputation would make it easier to take the life another living being?

Well, the things Gordon kills have already lost their lives a long time ago. Whether it be the literal term in the case of Zombies, or those who have sacrificed their freedom of thought to serve as mindless, soulless slaves who know nothing but combat...to kill those would be an act of mercy. Sparing such monsters would just leave them in pain and endanger the lives of those who still have a chance. Kyle still had a chance-- he could have made it out of this thing with his life and mind intact if Gordon didn't do what he did. Kyle seemed like a reasonable man who was forced into this sick game against his own will-- he didn't deserve this fate, even if Gordon never knew what he did in his past life. It wasn't worth a steaming bolt of steel to the back of the skull, was it?

The thought is terrifying.

It was at times like this when Gordon looked back to what he heard from Wallace Breen-- the man who sacrificed the freedom of humanity for his own personal survival and gain. Truthfully, men like him are more monstrous than any horror that crawled from the portals on that faithful day. Men like him are mor monstrous than the Stalkers that roam the halls of Nova Prospekt, or the mindless Combine Soldiers that he himself created under the watchful eye of the Advisors. Men like him are more monstrous than the man in the elevator, the man who offered Gordon the job, the man who organized this awful fate together.

However, men like Breen had moments of clarity that struck harder than any crowbar ever could.

"Tell me, Dr. Freeman, if you can. You have destroyed so much. What is it, exactly, that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not."

As it were, it seemed as if Gordon could only stare in brooding silence as he heard these words recite in his ear, over and over again, as his mind phased in and out through the afterlife. Some wondered why Dr. Freeman never spoke to his comrades, never thanked anyone, and never accepted thanks from anyone else. It was an answer that Breen, the Combine, and his own mutual friend would support-- Dr. Freeman was a spineless coward. A coward who could never face his own sins, or answer for the pain he caused with the intention of assistance. Gordon was silent for this very reason, he was a man who says he would never harm an innocent, but he could never explain why he did it if he did ever harm an innocent. It was for this very reason why the traitor stood still and silent while everyone made their judgement against him. Gordon didn't have the will or the indecency to accuse someone else or try and fight back.

He was a brilliant, honest, noble coward.

Gordon looked up-- and was now staring at the back of Kyle's head.

@york @Atomyk @DapperDogman @The Great Detective @Gen. Magic Senpai

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Justin
Sarah dove to avoid the icicles... she noted that they weren't as past as modern weapons, it seemed. In her mind, she wondered if magical abilities could only operate as quickly as the brain behind them... which made her wonder about Skynet and it's abilities. What kind of future was she, and her unborn son, facing?

She took some cuts from the icicles, as there was only so many she could completely avoid. But she put that pain aside for now, as she focused on her next move. She fired on the ceiling of the church, hoping to get some of the ornaments, chandeliers, lights, glass, anything, to fall on Robin.

tumblr_nvzi8jTiYa1uhpnvzo1_250.gif

"Out of the way!", she yelled to anyone near Robin, especially Lucina.

@Lizzy @DBZ7 @Hospes @The Yuletide Tactician @FireDrake150 @Archmage Jeremiah @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin@Josh M @CCC Kouhai @Forrest @Wedge Antilles @The Great Detective
tumblr_inline_nifrglN9qw1sfvecc.png

With Deedee taken care of for now, Robin's eyes glowed a heinous red as he seemed to watch the ornaments fall towards without a care in the world.

"Really now, is that the best you can do?"

Though some glass shards did manage to cut him, the rest were easily taken care of by another inferno of flames with only a few shallow strikes upon to show for it. "You're going to have to do better than that, Miss Conner. I'm not the sort who falls for environmental attacks," With a snap of his fingers, the flames suddenly shot down from the ceiling, aiming to incinerate the machine-gun-toting woman.

To the casual observer, it seemed the tactician relied heavily on his magic that originated in his tomes. Perhaps the key to defeating was to remove his main method of attack and defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.