Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Henry hugged Deedee once she outstretched her little arms to him. Henry may be a lot of things like a psychopath but he could never bring himself to hurt little Deedee. No in fact Deedee has become one of Henry's closest friends so he wanted to do everything in his power to keep her safe. Even with his time in Chrom's army Henry wasn't exactly used to having 'friends' due to his own bad home life growing up.

Meanwhile with a small smile Chrom finally approached the witch Beatrice though he still seemed reluctant to like he was carefully moving to avoid traps.

@The Great Detective @Lizzy @Savannah-Clause @Hopewillneverdie
"Then I shall use the wish, I was curious about something considering the circumstances." Lucina said thoughtfully, holding Jamie's hand as she went over to Beatrice, except she stood off to the side to allow Chrom to speak with the Golden Witch first since he got there before her.

@Savannah-Clause @Poe Dameron @Crimson Spartan @The Great Detective
iH28AW9.png

"Ah... I suppose you all want your wishes as well?"

Unlike how she was portrayed in the beginning of this Game, Beatrice gave a gentle smile as she saw the other players approach her. Well, it was time for them to speak their own mind.

@Savannah-Clause @Poe Dameron @Crimson Spartan @Lizzy

"Then I shall use the wish, I was curious about something considering the circumstances." Lucina said thoughtfully, holding Jamie's hand as she went over to Beatrice, except she stood off to the side to allow Chrom to speak with the Golden Witch first since he got there before her.

Jamie felt the touch of Lucina's hand as she had taken him alongside to approach Beatrice. It was nice, the first time was always such a nice moment. He wasn't in any rush, so he went along. After all, the tale told over a span of thousands of dates over several versions of himself was that it was the lady that dictates the terms of the engagement.

Though he couldn't resist a light hearted moment. "Don't squeeze too tight," he said to Lucina, "unless you want this to be a double date!"

@Lizzy

Reactions: Takumi
Jamie felt the touch of Lucina's hand as she had taken him alongside to approach Beatrice. It was nice, the first time was always such a nice moment. He wasn't in any rush, so he went along. After all, the tale told over a span of thousands of dates over several versions of himself was that it was the lady that dictates the terms of the engagement.

Though he couldn't resist a light hearted moment. "Don't squeeze too tight," he said to Lucina, "unless you want this to be a double date!"

@Lizzy

Lucina nodded, taking the joke a bit to seriously was her nature.

iH28AW9.png

"Ah... I suppose you all want your wishes as well?"

Unlike how she was portrayed in the beginning of this Game, Beatrice gave a gentle smile as she saw the other players approach her. Well, it was time for them to speak their own mind.

@Savannah-Clause @Poe Dameron @Crimson Spartan @Lizzy

"You are correct about that, but before I ask for my wish to be granted, I'm sure my Father was here first so I'll allow him to have his granted first." Lucina smiled back to Beatrice.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Of course Henry hugged Deedee once she outstretched her little arms to him. Henry may be a lot of things like a psychopath but he could never bring himself to hurt little Deedee. No in fact Deedee has become one of Henry's closest friends so he wanted to do everything in his power to keep her safe. Even with his time in Chrom's army Henry wasn't exactly used to having 'friends' due to his own bad home life growing up.

Meanwhile with a small smile Chrom finally approached the witch Beatrice though he still seemed reluctant to like he was carefully moving to avoid traps.

@The Great Detective @Lizzy @Savannah-Clause @Hopewillneverdie

It was... Nice, to have a hug again. Before any of the people here had given her hugs, Deedee's last one had been from Trina. And... Trina was gone, now. Dead. Even if Deedee wasn't directly aware of this, the child knew that her friend wouldn't survive. She'd seen what the Flare did to people.... Her mother, father, and friends from her village being the prime examples she remembered. And oh, did she recall them vividly. But now wasn't the time to think about that. It was the time to enjoy what would likely be one of the very last hugs she ever got.... If she even got one from Lucina. Otherwise? It would probably be her last.

The last moment of demonstration of companionship before she sank back into the lonely and empty abyss.

Once again, it didn't look like Deedee was eager to pull away. She justkept up the silent, affectionate hug, not wanting to ever have to pull away...

@Crimson Spartan @Lizzy @thatisalie

The little girl smiled as she saw Kyle write more notes within the notepad. It made her happy that this man trusted her with something as personal as his small notes, wanting to give him something as well. However, that wasn't possible as she had nothing but her pendant and chainsaw. She couldn't give anything to this man, and seeing that he was leaving, Aya could only continue to smile. This was, in fact, the end of such a chaotic game. Aya didn't think that she would forget the events of the Witch's game, but something really made her feel awful about returning home.

As Kyle had headed straight towards the portal, there was a note that was laying on the ground. Maybe it may have fell from Aya's apron as she was the one near the portal at the time she received Kyle's notepad from Jason. This small folded up paper seemed to have writing on it to which could have sparked the curiosity in a person.

Though, it was truly his choice whether or not he picked up the paper to read it. If Kyle did pick up the paper before leaving, Aya would have already walked through the portal, acting as if this was some kind of race. If Kyle did not pick it up, Aya wouldn't have noticed the note and walk past it, leaving it into someone else's grasp.

[spoili]
DRtqrbA.jpg
[/spoili]

tumblr_nst92akzPa1uuhmxfo1_500.png

According to the choices made during the Witch's game this determined the ending that Aya Drevis faced after going home. Thus, executing an innocent caused by her vote took a negative route in her end. However, executing both the maestro and traitor saved her from the "bad" ending. During the Witch's game, the interactions that the characters had on Aya could or could have not influenced her into getting a better chance at the ending as well as opening an opportunity to a side story. So with the help of a few characters that accompanied Aya, they too could have determined her fate.

g6ub2gZ.gif

Votes

Chapter One Vote: INNOCENT

Chapter Two Vote: MAESTRO

Chapter Three Vote: TRAITOR

g6ub2gZ.gif

Character Intervention Choice

Good Influences
  • Jason: Because of his interaction with Aya throughout the Murder Game, he was able to show her that all killers were that bad and had some sort of morality left. Due to this, the “if” story will be added to the fan fiction thread, making it canon within the lore of Mad Father.
  • Kyle: His “detective” skills made Aya learn how to think about a solution thoroughly to a problem throughout the Witch’s game. Due to this, Aya is able to execute the solutions to any puzzles or riddles within her timeline as she reaches the goal to stop the curse in the Drevis Residence.
  • Undyne: Her constant appraisals while Aya was trying to help investigate the murders encouraged Aya to keep her confidence on point. Due to this, Aya's confidence will never fail her throughout the epilogue. She will keep on doing what she thinks is best.

Bad Influences
  • Hazama: Because of his interaction with Aya throughout the Murder Game, he was able to influence Aya that several people cannot change their ways. Due to this, Aya finds her father’s “red book” after the Drevis Residence is burnt.
  • Herbert: His very interest in science reminded Aya constantly of what her father is… a scientist. The similarities between the two, especially using human beings to gain a certain goal, may have sparked a curious mind alive from Aya. His influence may have also contributed to Aya keeping the “red book.”
  • Zombina: Through her interactions with Herbert, she showed Aya the obedience one may have with someone of interest. This reminded her of Maria, her father's assistant. Even though the influence of Zombina may result in Aya's downfall, it did promote Aya's relationship with Maria.

t3TbsSN.png

A House of Madness
Aya's Epilogue

Aya awoke from sleeping as her head was hurting, looking around her room to find that everything was normal the night before her mother's anniversary. Checking the date, it seemed like she had only been asleep for a whole hour. Had she been dreaming this whole time? The little girl felt something within her apron as it poked at her side. For some reason, Aya had a notebook.
"H-Huh? Is this... mine?" She stared at the little book, wondering where she had gotten it from. Aya knew that she owned many books, but none were as small as this. "Hm... I should probably leave this alone... It may be Father's..." Though, she was really curious into finding what little secrets the small pieces of paper may contain, Aya knew it was best for her not to read it. She would have gotten up from her bed and walked to the nightstand across the room. While she laid the notebook on the stand, Aya felt a bit bad leaving it there. "Why does this look so familiar to me?..." Trying to think about it, she could not remember the whole Witch's game... Not even Jason, Kyle, Hazama, or the others.

Then suddenly, she felt a cold wind pass by her. Was the window opened? Aya turned to check the window, but there was a black figure in front of it, standing... staring at the child. She felt a shiver crawl up her back as she looked at the figure as well.
I-I shouldn't approach it... M-Maybe it's just one of Father's dolls. Though, I don't recall leaving it in front of the window... She slowly walked up to it.

GIVE HER BACK!!! GIVE! MY DAUGHTER!!!!

"E-Eeek!" Aya screamed at the site of the dead lady, running out of her room as soon as possible. Who was that?.. Why was the lady telling her to give the lady's daughter back? The child shook her head and held the door behind her, making sure that the woman would not try to harm her. She placed her ear at the door of her room, listening to make sure that the woman was not trying to escape. However, she felt a hand being placed upon her tiny shoulder. This sent another cold shiver up Aya's spine.

"My dear, why were you screaming? Don't you know you could easily alert someone to attack you?" The hand that was on Aya's shoulder belonged to this strange man in which Aya jumped once more, stepping away from the stranger. Was he also like the other woman?.. But this man seemed... more terrifying than the woman. "D-Do I know you, Mister?..." She replied to him, nervously. "No, but you may call me Ogre... Mister Ogre." The child was not familiar with that name in which made her step back a bit more. Why was this man here? Did he have some kind of business with her father that her father had not talked to her about? And, why would he visit the Drevis Residence at such a late hour? "M-Mister Ogre, is there a reason why you're here?" Aya was certain that he must be needing his father for some sort of matter. "Ah, yes. I am a salesman, and I would like to have a word with your father... but it seems like this is something more than discussing about this mansion. Looks like your mother must have had some kind of revenge planned out for your father. See those corpses walking around? Yes dear, those are live corpses running around the mansion... Do you know why? Your mother has put a curse in this house, and she has taken your father." Even though the man had said that he was a salesman in the first place, it had seemed like Aya ignored that fact, dwelling on the spirituality portion of his explanation. It also frustrated her when the male talked about her mother in a malicious way. She couldn't have done something like this.

"B-But... Mister, my mother loves my father!" Aya yelled at Ogre, "You have no idea how much both of them love each other!"

"My dear, please, no need for yelling. I am only here to help you out in this case. I should advise you to find your father."

Aya did just that. She and Ogre parted ways, trying to find some kind of clue as to where Aya's mother could have dragged her father, but there were many puzzles and fiends lurking around to either solve or conquer. While she was walking through the hallway, she saw a boy her age.

"This way. Stay with me."

"W-Wait... Who are you?"

"I said, this way!"

"N-Nyaahhhh!!!"

After running away from the corpse, Aya went back to her mother's room to avoid the little boy and found her mother's perfume. The smell of the perfume soothed her, and she had an idea. Maybe this perfume could snap some kind of sense at her mother and let her father go. Yes! Her mother could be reminded on how much her father loves her! Maybe then she will stop this curse and let things go back to how they were! Aya rushed back outside in search for a secret pathway in which passing the dinning hall, there was a kitchen. Within that kitchen, Aya remembered that there was a basement underneath the mat in the corner. Maybe her mother could have dragged her father down? Going down, Aya noticed that it was dark, so she went back up to find a lantern. Finding one, Aya was chased by a dog's corpse, trying to bite her. She tried to run as fast as she could towards the basement door, but the dog caught her ankle by its teeth. Screaming, Aya used her other foot to kick its muzzle, and its teeth lost its grip with her ankle. Soon, Aya was able to shut the door to the basement, and headed down the dark path.

madfather2.png

As she was walking down the basement, there was a corpse who decided to steal it from her. The little girl then had the confidence to overpower the corpse and take back her mother's perfume. With more and more corpses showing around and asking for favors or being absolute pests, Aya had to find ways into pleasing or confronting the corpses into leaving her alone or showing her where her mother could have taken her father. Soon, she was lead towards the unknown parts of the Drevis Residence into tunnels that could have lead into the Abyss. As Aya was walking towards the tunnel, she tried to make sense of why these corpses where walking around the mansion, seeking revenge of some sort. Was these the "test subjects" that her father used in order for his research? It always amazed Aya to think of the kind of research her father was trying to seek.. Why exactly did he torture every single being to their death just to prove something scientific? There had to be another reason...

Once she reached the end of the tunnel, Aya discovered another part of her father's lab. It seemed... more cynical. As if this wasn't supposed to be owned by her father. It contained rows of huge test tubes which some of them were occupied with human beings. What mainly caught Aya's eye was the shelves full of glass jars. The mere sight of what was contained within made her cover her mouth.

Rows and rows... of Snowball?... Her beloved pet?... Aya only remembered having one rabbit. So, why would her father keep so many of them in his lab? Maybe he researched on animals too?... Aya shook her head and continued to progress with finding her mother. The child then approached to one of the huge test tubes which appeared to have a dark purplish portal within. As she walked to it, Ogre appeared beside her, chuckling a bit.

"That will take you to the other world. Are you truly going? A reality too harsh for such a young lady may be awaiting for you. Will you still go?" Aya slowly nodded to him, being confident that she will most certainly save her father. Ogre chuckled once more, "You seem adamant. Then let me give you this." He took a bottle out of his coat as he gave it to Aya. She was curious to know what the man had given her. "What's this, mister?" Ogre smiled at the little girl as he introduced her to the item. "Magic Water, a product of my company." Aya couldn't help but to giggle a little about the item's name. Why would something as silly as that help her with the curse? "M-Magic Water...? Sounds made up." He dismissed her giggling as he pleaded her to take it, curling her hand around the bottle for her. "Please take this with you. The power kept within the water shall no doubt be of help to you." Aya sighed, looking at the small bottle held in her hand. She didn't really know what she could have done to help her parents. Was it enough to trust this man as well? She barely even knew him and... didn't he say he was a salesman? "Can I save Father with this?" He replied, "Of course. The water has the power to seal the power of the curse." Something about the man's words made Aya think that there was a way to stop it. Maybe... this magic water could help someone one else... "So I can stop the curse... Mom... She must be in pain... So I have to help Mom too! Will Mom be able to rest once the curse is gone?"

"Yes. I'm sure she will. If your love reaches to her, I am sure your mother can be saved." Ogre admired Aya's questioning, as if she was trying her best to trust him. "Okay... Thank you, mister." She gave him one more smile. "It was nothing, ma'dam. I pray for your safety..." Ogre told Aya before she began to head towards the portal. For some reason, though, Aya felt as if she had gone through one of these before... However, that didn't matter. She had to put a stop to this horrible curse once and for all, especially if it means saving both her mother and father.

"So she went... What will she choose, I wonder... Hoho... I shall see this to the very end."

3HooyUg.png

Aya knew that the portal must have taken her to another place... almost like a different dimension. She saw her mother with her father laying on the ground at her feet. Maria, on the other hand, was far away from them, laying on the ground unconscious. It seemed as if her father's assistant also had several injuries being dragged from Aya's mother as well. Out of fear, Aya was unable to move. It felt like cruel fate that her dead mother was right there in front of her. "M-Mom..." Aya softly whispered.

"So you came, Aya..." Her mother seemed a bit disappointed in seeing her daughter in the dimension. It had made things harder for her to get Aya to understand the pain and suffering of what she went through with Aya's father. Aya still couldn't believe that her mother was right there in front of her. "So it's really you, Mom..." She ran towards her mother, screaming, "Mom!"

However, the curse caused Aya's mother to dwell with anger, pushing her own daughter away. There was something more than anger that her mother was experiencing, but the best that her mother could do for Aya was to get her own daughter away from the mess. "M... Mo..." Aya called out as she whimpered from being pushed away. "You shouldn't have come," Her mother spoke to her. Indeed, the child did make things much more painful to bear. "Why... Why did you do this?" Aya questioned as she tried to pick herself up from the ground. Her mother was furious when Aya asked this, "You've seen it on your way here, haven't you, Aya? The atrocities this man continues to commit? I don't want any more victims of his!"

Aya understood what her mother was saying as she had meet each of the test subjects. All of them were angry from her father using them to further advance his research. It wasn't right. It was painful. All of them suffered. All of them lost their lives. They lost their happiness. But for what? Aya didn't really understood why her father did things, but she knew that she had to save him. Aya needed her mother to understand her father's motives as well. It wasn't as if her mother didn't know what was happening. She was the one who told Aya not to hate Father when she finds out what his research was about. She yelled at her mother, tears rolling down her eyes as she choked on her words, "...You lie! If anyone understood father, it was you, mom! It's Maria you don't like, right? She loved father, so you didn't like them getting along... I know how you feel! I love father too, so I feel like Maria took Father away... I was so scared. I couldn't breathe..."

"Hahahahaha... hahahaha... I know that. Yes, it's all as you say. I couldn't stand seeing your father and Maria together..." Aya was relieved to hear this, but she knew that her mother still didn't understand why she thought that this wasn't correct. Aya needed to persuade her mother into leaving her father alone... "So, you still love Father, don't you? So then why are you making him suffer?!" She yelled. Her mother's smile fell as she heard her daughter yell at her. It was true that she still loved Alfred since the day that they got married... since they had their lovely daughter and lived in the mansion. She remembered the times that they were all together, but... Her mother wanted more. "I don't want to make him suffer... I don't want to give him to anyone. So I'm taking him with me."

No... That's not what Aya wanted. She couldn't let her mother take her father away from her. It was always just Aya and her father after her mother passed away. She couldn't possibly do this to her!
"You can't... Without Father, I'll be all alone! I don't want that! I just wanted to live with Father and you! Mom... Take me with you too! Please...!" She pleaded to her mother. If her mother wanted to take her father, she should at least take Aya too. That way they could all be together... However, that would mean that Aya would have to die to be with her mother. Aya's mother couldn't let her own daughter do that. Aya's so young... "I can't possibly do that. I want you to live and be happy..." Yes. Aya should be given the right to stay behind and make a new life away from her parents. She wouldn't have to suffer anymore. She could go out and make new friends. She could fall in love with someone. Be with them for life, just like how her parents were. But, Aya couldn't let this happen. She loved her parents too much. "I can't! I'm happy when I'm with Father and Mom... So don't leave me alone!" Aya ran towards her mother once more, but this time, her mother got angrier as her spirit glowed red and floated above to where her father was. She knocked Aya back once more.

NO ONE SHALL INTERFERE…

"M-Mom..." Aya continued to plea to her mother, but she was already too deep into her desires.

"Now, honey, let us go..."

"F-Fa... Father..."

"A-Aya?... A-Aya!"

"Father!!!!"

"Aya, why won't you listen to your mother?"

"Don't take Father away!"

OUT OF MY... WAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

"Mom..."

NO ONE SHALL HAVE HIM

"Mom, stop..."

HE IS MINE ALONE

"I'm not really sure... W-What... should I do?" Aya took a breath, trying to remember what she could do. She could let her mother have her wish to be with father... or she could choose to save her father. But, how? Aya remembered the little bottle of Magic Water that Ogre gave her before she entered the portal. Even though the name of it was silly, she knew that it was probably the only thing that could help all of them.

"I-I'll save Father..."

Taking a deep breath, Aya opened the little bottle and ran towards her mother once more, taking the liquid contents of it and sprinkled it all over her mother. This had to work. It had to. It was the only possible way that could save her father.

A-AYA? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

"I-I'm sorry, Mom..."

STOP, AYA!

AAAAAAAAAAAA....

... I'M F-FADING...

MY BODY IS... DISAPPEARING...

"Mom...!"

.... A-AYA... YA.... A.....
YA........

"No! Don't go! Please!"

Aya ran towards her mother, but it was too late. Aya's mother faded away before Aya was able to give her one last hug. Kneeling on the ground to where her mother's spirit once stood, a single tear rolled down her cheek. Aya knew that this was for the best. Seeing that her mother had disappeared, she went towards Maria to see whether her father's assistant was alright. Aya knew that her father was okay, but Maria had not spoken one bit since Aya arrived. Shaking the assistant's shoulders, Aya would have screamed at Maria, "M-Maria! Please be okay... I'm sorry for not liking you... I just... I just didn't want you to take Father away from m-" Aya was cut off mid-sentence as something, or someone, gave her a vision of the past. Was the curse still affecting them?

7e4el2D.png

No... Something about this place felt... different.

Maybe this was another part of her father's huge lab. It seemed like they had left the other dimension where Aya's mother disappeared. Aya saw her father laying in front of her, but she didn't see Maria anywhere. Maybe she was already safe in another part of the mansion? Either way, the child approached her father to see if he was alright.

"F-Father!"

"Hmm..? Was I saved...? Aya...?"

Hearing her father speak to her brought overwhelming joy to Aya, "Father!" She hugged him as her father was still laying on the ground. "Aya..." Her father spoke once more, "I'm sorry, Aya. I worried you so..." She choked up on her tears as she tried to explain to her father what happened before. "F-Father... Mom..." But she was interrupted. "Yes. I know... She must have been lonely. We'll visit her grave tomorrow so her spirit won't be..." He didn't want to continue speaking, knowing that his daughter was still distraught over seeing her mother. "O... Okay..."

Though.. Something didn't seem right. Behind them, they could have heard a voice, similar to her mother's.

"Aya... I didn't want you to know the truth. But with the last of my power..."

The spirit of Aya's mother walked towards her as she entered the body of Aya, giving her one last memory before she could have finally disappeared.

NHtlVkt.png

"W-What?" Aya didn't know what was happening. She had thought that things were over, but for some reason, she was watching her father and Maria working. It seemed as if they couldn't see her.

"A fine sample..." The scientist had recently finished a bit of research on a test subject. His helper was there for any tasks that he may have needed her to complete. She was a gorgeous woman in which immediately Aya's father had been interested in her. His helper had been by his side for over a year now, and it was clear that they had some sort of relationship in between them.

"I shall dispose of the remaining materials myself." Maria suggested to the doctor as she wanted to clean up the sample that he had upon the wooden lab table.

He chuckled, shaking his head as he gave her a soft smile, "That can wait. Come, Maria." The doctor opened his arms wide so that his helper could embrace him.

"Doctor..." Maria whispered as she walked towards his opened arms, and Aya’s father pulled her close. They began to kiss briefly until she had to notify him of a certain concern. "She's aware of our... relationship." Maria sighed heavily, giving the scientist a chance to understand by what she meant. He didn't know whether it was a huge problem that his daughter had noticed their affairs. It seemed normal to him to continue with their relationship even after the death of Aya's mother. "Hm? What does it matter?"

She had given him a small glare, annoyed that he hadn't been concerned about how awful their situation was. "I don't believe that she is fond of me. That is the problem." The doctor had chuckled, caressing Maria's cheek as he whispered in her ear, "The girl will be eleven soon. It's a troublesome age, to be sure... Be kind to her, please. Make sure she is never harmed. She is my most precious..."

It was the same day that Aya overheard from outside the door of her father's laboratory; however, Aya ran before she would get caught by her mother. So, she was in her room. What Aya did not know was that her mother did catch Aya in the act, but her mother did not want to scare Aya for she was also trying to peep into her husband's work. She didn't like how Maria was getting close to her husband, so she wanted to see it for herself. Though, what Aya's mother did find out was something much more worse than the relationship between Monika and Alfred... much worse than the research that her husband committed his life...

". . . doll of them all."

Aya was shocked to have heard what her father said, "...H-Huh? A doll... Me? F-Father..." Maybe she had misunderstood what her father said. It was probably just a nickname! Aya was still confused. Her mother was still outside the door, overhearing her father and his assistant's conversation.

"Doctor," Maria continued, "Mistress Aya has become rather ladylike. And to think, she always used to tease you and bother you..." Aya's father chuckled into remembering the days were Aya was silly when she would play with him. "Hahaha... Indeed. Just a little more, I think... A little more until she's ripe. I want to make her into the most beautiful doll I can. She shall be the masterpiece of all the dolls I've made."

Aya's mother was furious as she hear this, anger boiled inside of her as she was about to explode on her husband. "I will never forgive you," she thought to herself, "You'll never make our precious daughter into one of your subjects!"

That was it. Monika Drevis was not about to let this slide. She allowed her husband to torture many people for his research, but she had always thought that he was trying to make something worth while. She never knew that Alfred was dedicating his life into killing their own daughter just to preserve their daughter's youth. Aya's mother opened the door, raising her voice as she entered. "You! What's the meaning of this?! Are you planning to experiment on her?!"

Aya's father wasn't surprised as he saw his wife enter his lab. He knew that she would have found out sooner or later. "So you overheard..." Monika was still angry, and it made things worse when she saw that he was calm. "What are you thinking?! She is our one and only treasure!" Alfred was extremely pleased that his wife had said this as he got excited, "Exactly! She's a wondrous daughter! I want to make her eternally so! And yet, she... will someday be dirtied... That, I cannot bear to think!! So I will make her a doll!" Aya's mother shook her head, ashamed that she even met this man... What was wrong with him? Didn't he dream for his daughter to fall in love with the right man like she once did with him?... "I-I don't believe this...! I'll never let you do that! I'm leaving!"

"What are you saying?" Alfred still didn't get the hint that his wife didn't accept his plan; however, Monika made up her mind. There was no way that she would let him kill their daughter. "If you want a doll of her so badly, just make a replica!"

"Wait..." He replied to her as he was slowly realizing her motive, "Are you planning to take her away? That... I cannot allow." Alfred grabbed Monika's arm with all of his strength as he pulled her towards him. She struggled with his grip as she tried to break free. "Let me go!" This made Alfred even more angry as he did not want her to leave. He raised his voice, panicking, "I WON'T LET YOU DO WHAT YOU WILL WITH HER!!" With that, Alfred took his scalpel and stabbed her on the chest... directly in her heart.

"M... M... Mom... n.... n.... no...."

Aya's mother spoke to her once more before she exited her body. Her final words were: "Aya... run away from your father..."

With that, Aya returned back to hugging her father who was laying on the ground, flinching as she stepped away from him. She continued to step away from him until her back hit the test tube beside them, knocking off the sheet that covered it. Her father got up and questioned her, "Aya, what's wrong? Why do you look so afraid of your father?" She kept shaking her head as her father tried to approach her, but seeing his father's eyes widen at the sight of what was behind Aya, she couldn't help but to turn her head behind.

There in the test tube was her mother's body, naked.

"Well, Aya... Don't you think your mother's beautiful? I suppose it's a bit much to take in... I wanted just a little bit more time, but..."

"Father... you're going to make me a doll?" Aya asked as she stood there in fear. Her father didn't hold her or anything as he walked towards several dolls within the lab, raising his arms in the air as if gaining some kind of praise for his work.

"Don't be sad, Aya. By making you a doll, your beauty can last forever! Look at all these children! Beautiful, yes? Preserved just as they were when alive! This is the fruit of my research! You can hardly even tell that they're dolls, can you? But their heads, torsos, hands, legs... They were gathered from a wide array of people! I find it quite fascinating! Combine a dog with a human if you so desire! Isn't that incredible?! What would you like to be, Aya? Alas, I can't make many changes while preserving your loveliness... "

"Father... stop..."

"Ah, yes! Perhaps I'll dress you up finely! Tell me what you wish to wear!"

"N-NOOOO!!!" Aya tried running to the door, but when her father raised his voice, she turned to look at him.

"A-Aya! Where are you going?" Her father asked. "Come, be by your father!" But Aya shook her head, looking at him with saddened eyes as if asking him not to do what he wished. "Are you refusing your father?"

"I'm sorry... but I... I DON'T WANT TO BE A DOLL!!!!"
Aya screamed as she ran outside the door. Her father laughed as he saw his daughter leave.

ONCE SHE RAN OUT THE DOOR, AYA SAW THE MANIQUIN BESIDE THE DOOR, BUT SHE KNEW THAT HER FATHER WOULD TRY TO GET HER, SO SHE QUICKLY WENT OUT THE OTHER DOOR, BUT THAT DOOR WAS LOCKED. POOR AYA HEARD HER FATHER FROM THE FIRST DOOR IN WHICH THE MANIQUINE MOVED BY ITSELF TO BLOCK THE DOOR. THIS WOULD GIVE AYA A LOT OF TIME TO TRY TO PRY THE SECOND DOOR OPEN. HER FATHER USED A CHAINSAW TO STAB THROUGH THE MANIQUNE AND SMASH THE DOOR OPEN OH DEAR LORD AYA HAD TO RUN AWAY FROM THIS MAD MAN BEFORE HE COULD GET HER. BUT THE STUPID DOOR WON'T FRICKEN OPEN DANG NABIT.

tumblr_mhehzlkvHI1r23lkoo1_400.gif

"AAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
HER CRAZY FATHER CALLED OUT AS HE POPPED IN FRONT OF THE SCREEN JUST TO LAUGH LIKE A MAD MAN AT THE PERSON PLAYING MAD FATHER WHICH FREAKS EVERYONE OUT BUT HO CRAP YOU STILL HAVE TO GO AND RUN AND RUN AND RUN FROM MANY DOORS DEAR LORD HOW MUCH LAND DID THIS MAN OWN TO BUILD THIS ENTIRE LAB....

AW CRAP WHAT THE HECK IS THIS... NO NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONOONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONOONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONOONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONOONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONOONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONOONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONOONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONOONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONOONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONONONOONONONONOONNO

lbCRalI.png

OUT OF ALL PLACES MARIA HAD TO BE THERE... JUST IN TIME TO CATCH AYA... FRICCCCCCCCCCCCCCK....

"Maria, don't let Aya escape!" THE CRAZY DOCTOR YELLED FROM BEHIND AYA, HOWEVER THE LITTLE GIRL KNEW THAT SHE WOULD NEED TO RUN PAST MARIA, SO SHE RAN AWAY SO FAST THAT THE LADY COULDN'T GET HER. "Wait!" MARIA CRIED OUT.

SVSPMzU.png

AYA CLOSED THE DOOR AND LAID ON TOP OF ONE OF THE TEST SUBJECT'S BEDS, PLACING THE BLANKET OVER HER. I HIGHLY DOUBT THE DOCTOR WOULD BE THAT STUPID NOT TO NOTICE BUT UH OH WELL THIS ELEVEN YEAR OLD IS GOING TO DO WHAT SHE CAN...

"Mistress, where?" Maria looked around to find Aya, but she didn't think that the little girl would have stopped by here to hide. Maybe she left the room?

"Where did Aya go?"

"I apologize. I lost sight of her."

"...What?"

"I-I'm terribly sorry! I-I am certain that she could not be far... Let us search elsewh-"

"You..."

"U S E L E S S!"

The doctor took his chainsaw as he grabbed Maria by her hair, pulling her to him. With a swing of the chainsaw, he would have left Maria with a huge gash across her stomach. He quickly left the room to find Aya, leaving Maria there to bleed to death.

"Oogh... Doc...tor..." Maria was in pain, but Aya got out of her hiding spot, seeing Maria there on the floor. She could have just left her there to die, but Aya didn't want that. She knew that Maria was just trying to please her father. "Maria...What do I do?.." Aya softly asked to herself. "There's so much blood... Is there anything that I can use?" Aya looked around the shelves and found a bandage. Even though this would not really heal Maria from pain, it would at least keep her from dying. "This should help stop the blood..."

Maria looked up to see Aya there, frowing. "Mistress... Thank you for caring for me..." She was grateful. Aya, on the other hand was just glad that she didn't leave Maria alone. "It's fine! Don't worry about it..."

"I should be most loathsome in your eyes..."

"Don't say that..."

"It's true... I should have known how you feel, mistress. I took away your most beloved. Of course you would hate me. But you are very kind to show me such compassion..."

"Maria... Maria, can you stand? Let's get out of here together."

"But... Mistress..."

"I'm the same as you, Maria. I can't live without Father's love. But if Father doesn't want us... We've been abandoned. We have to live without him now. Even though you and I can't live alone... So... We'll help each other to keep living even if Father's gone!"

"Mistress... I shall accompany you! Oof... Apologies, mistress, but could I have your shoulder?"

AYA'S FATHER IS STILL LOOKING FOR AYA BUT NOW THAT AYA HAS MARIA WITH HER, SHE'S TWICE AS SLOW DEAR LORD AYA WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TOSS HER OUT THE WINDOW OR SOMETHING... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

THEN MARIA COULDN'T WALK ANYMORE SO SHE TOLD AYA TO LEAVE HER BEHIND AS SHE WOULD TRY TO KEEP UP SINCE HER FATHER WILL ONLY WANT HIS DAUGHTER AND NOT HER. SO AYA HAD TO LEAVE AND RUN AWAY QUICKLY. HER FATHER PASSED MARIA, PUSHING HER TO THE SIDE AS HE CONTINUED HIS SEARCH.

RUN AYA RUUUUUUUUUUUUN.

AS SOON AS SHE GOT TO THE LAST DOOR AND OUT THE CORRIDOR, SOMETHING MADE HER TRIP ON THE CARPET.

cerca_del_verdadero_final_de_mad_father_by_nathli107alondra-d6n3kod.gif

DANG IT WHY ARE THERE DOLLS EVERYWHERE?! ANYWAYS AYA WAS HELD AGAINST HER WILL BY A DOLL WHICH I DON'T KNOW WHY SHE COULDN'T JUST KNOCK IT OFF OF HER BUT OHWELLVIDEOGAMELOGICZ SO HER FATHER GOT CAUGHT UP AND HAD AYA RIGHT THERE WHERE HE WANTED HE RAISED HIS CHAINSAW ABOVE HIS HEAD, TELLING AYA HIS LAST WORDS SINCE ALL SHE WAS DOING WAS SCREAMING.

tumblr_mtoxjjW4Vw1sdjaj7o1_250.gif

UNTIL BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

SEVERAL KNIVES WERE THROWN AT AYA'S FATHER IN WHICH STOPPED HIM FROM TRYING TO KILL AYA. HE LOWERED THE CHAINSAW AND WAS TRYING TO TAKE THE KNIVES OFF OF HIM.

mPmXpfd.png

BANG THE LAST KNIFE WAS THROWN AT HIS HEAD...

WHO COULD HAVE KILLED HER FATHER?!

IT WAS MARIA, HIS ASSISTANT, WHO FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO THE SCENE.

HER FATHER DIED WHILE SAYING I LOVE YOU TO AYA... REST IN PEACE YA LUNATIC... REST IN PEACE.

latest

Now that Maria had killed Aya's father, she also killed the doll that was holding Aya hostage. She pulled Aya into a hug, apologizing for having murdered her father, but there was nothing that the assistant could do. It was the only way in protecting Aya...

AW SHET. AYA'S FATHER ISN'T DEAD YET. HE STOOD UP ABOVE BOTH OF THE FEMALES, RAISING HIS CHAINSAW.
"AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA" THE MAD MAN LAUGHED UNTIL-

Bam. One more hit from behind. But, who could have done this?

"I'm glad I made it!"

"You... saved us. Thank you..."

"No need for thanks. I just did what she asked."

"You mean my mom?"

"I said I was sorry for scaring you. I didn't intend to get injured... Believe that, at least."

"I understand... Mom wanted to protect me. Thank you, mom... I want to see you again, mom..."

"She wanted that, too. But I don't think she wanted to be seen as she is now."

"That's... Whatever mom looks like, I'd..."

"It's alright, she's watching you from afar... So don't be sad. If you are, it will only make her sad. The curse will wear off soon... So, it's almost farewell."

"Y-You'll go away?"

"We're all alive now only because of the curse... But there is something I must do before I go. And that is set fire to this mansion. We can't have someone trace to your father here... We can't let that tragedy happen again..."

She nodded towards his idea, knowing that she will never forget the memories of her mother and father. Even though she didn't want to leave the house, she knew that it was for the best. Her mother would have wanted her to leave...

"Aya, there's one more thing that I ask of you... Do not ever forget the people that were sacrificed here. None of us had any relatives... No one looked for us... No one remembered us... No one knew we existed at all. Our existence will be forgotten to the world. But we indeed live. So I don't want you to forget that. I want you to hold proof in your heart that we were here... That is the least you can do for us."

"Yes... I'll never forget."

"Thank you... Well, this is goodbye..."

hqdefault.jpg

"May you be smiled upon..."
He whispered to her before giving her a kiss on the forehead. This made Aya blush in embarrassment, but she felt comforted by it. Quickly, Aya and Maria exited the mansion.

As Aya and Maria left the burning building with the boy behind, the little girl looked at something strange laying on the ground. Aya was already behind from Maria who was walking faster than she. Why was it that Maria didn't catch this strange thing lying there? Either way, the curiosity of Aya never left her as her tiny hand reached for the strange item.

And this item... was the "red" book.

t3TbsSN.png

Congratulations! There will be three side stories added to the archives of the Murder Series located on the "Fanfiction" thread! Please be sure to read these if you want to discover what happens next!

~Players~
@Gummi Bunnies as Ange Ushiromiya (Umineko No Naku Koro Ni)
@Bomb as Plutia (Hyperdimension Neptunia) & Teemo (League of Legends)
@TheSpringwoodSlasher as Jason Voorhees (Friday The 13th) & Herbert West (Re-Animator)
@DapperDogman as Sakamaki Izayoi (Problem Children Are Coming From Another World Aren't They?)
@C.T. as Diarmuid Ua Duibhne (Fate/Zero)
@Atomyk as Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk/Last Window)
@BarrenThin as HK-47 (Star Wars)
@The Tactician as Morgan Tact (Fire Emblem/Murder Series)
@Crimson Spartan as Henry & Chrom (Fire Emblem)
@CCC Kouhai as Aya Drevis (Mad Father)
@Mighty Roman as Shazam (DC Comics)
@The Silver Paladin as Leah Cain (Diablo) & Io Nitta (Devil Survivor 2)
@coralprime as Guillo (Baten Kaitos Origins)
@Verite as Enrico Pucci (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Gordon Freeman (Half Life)
@Melon as Hermaeus Mora (The Elder Scrolls)
@Hospes as Deedee/Teresa Agnes (The Kill Order)
@Ozzie Chanter as Ashley "Ash" J. Williams (Evil Dead/Murder Series) & Veronica Sawyer (Heathers)
@york as Crono (Crono Trigger)
@Jeremi as Undyne (Undertale) & Zombina (Monster Musume)
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Majin/Fat Buu (Dragon Ball Z)
@Kaykay as Yuki Yuna (Yuki Yana Is A Hero) & Yuki Terumi/Hazama (BlazBlue)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Ilona (Murder Series/OC)
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai as Gilgamesh & Iskander (Fate/Zero)
@FireDrake150 as Sorey & Mikleo (Tales of Zestiria)
@Shattered♦Secrets™ as Heather Gray (OC)
@Forrest as Mark (The Kill Order)
@Krieg as General Grievous (Star Wars)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Mettaton (Undertale)
@Unagi as Edward Kenway (Assassin's Creed)
@Salsacookies as Yellow Guy (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
@Mari as Sarah Connor (Terminator Genisys)
@Wedge Antilles as Jamie Madrox (X-Men)
@Lizzy as Lucina (Fire Emblem)

Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience in this event with me!

"Well, now things have calmed down some, and I've finally gathered all of these shards...I wonder what I can do with them" Izayoi murmurs, pressing the various Kakera shards together

"Well, would you look at that..." he murmurs, looking at the new crystal he'd made, it didn't look quite like the one he'd had before, and he'd no doubt it would take him to a new place, but he could't help but wonder where exactly it would lead

"Well, only one way to find out, I'm afraid"

And with that, the blonde vanished without a trace, into the Kakera he'd created

latest

"WHO DARES TO INTRUDE IN THIS PLACE?"

"Oh, you don't look friendly..." Izayoi murmurs, looking to the begin who seemed to warp and distort the air around himself

"Wh-Who are you?" came a gruff, but somewhat shaky voice, the tautness of a bowstring behind him gave away his second assailant's intentions

"I should ask you the same, sir, now drop the bow, before I have to hurt you too"

"D-Don't go near that thing, it's tougher than a dogman and it'll rip you limb from limb!"

"Oh, hush, it'll be fine!"

"FOOLISH MORT-" before the final word was complete, Izayoi had punched a hole in the being's stomach, leaving it to fade into a dark mist on the floor

"J-Just who are you?" the man asked, his bow now slung over his shoulder as Izayoi turns to face him "I don't think that's important. What matters is where I am"

"W-Well, I don't really know, I killed one of them and I was pulled into here, they seem to research humans of interest...Myself included...this amulet, it protects from them" he says, clasping for the amulet around his neck "I can't thank you enough for killing that one, I don't think I had enough ammo left to deal with it"

"Don't sweat it, but I think we should both get out of here now, eh? We can discuss this whole matter wherever it is you come from"

"Alright, follow me, the door back to earth is just this way"

Stepping through the door, Izayoi was confronted by something he had not expected, a cold, wet environment, with ruined buildings lining his view as far as he could see, the ruins of large cities were scattered across the horizon and he could see strange mutant creatures scampering around among the trees in the distance "Where are we?"

"Well, we're in Michigan, not far from Detroit Megacity"

"And what's your name?"

"Philip, Philip Kindred"

"Nice to meet you, Philip, and a word of advice for the future..."

"Yeah?"

"If you ever wake up in a room filled with strange people and someone says anything about a 'Murder Game' Keep that amulet close"

"Will do, thanks for the warning"

And with that, Izayoi began off, into the wastes of humanity, unsure of what had happened, but sure of one thing

This was going to be a lot of fun

@Whoever cares about my shitty epilogues​

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE KILL ORDER AND THE REST OF THE MAZE RUNNER SERIES

Epilogue Part Two: Permanent Parting

dee_by_teh_zombish-d9duht7.jpg

So... This was really it. As much as Deedee didn't want to go, she very well knew it was time. Hell, she'd taken more time than she should have - she had no more time to dilly dally. Wasn't that fitting? Deedee was just a girl out of time, in the end. Even if she didn't know that just yet. Her focus, at the moment, was simply on getting back to W.I.C.K.E.D. Even if that was the very last place that she wanted to be. So, with a silent sigh, the child of five finally pulled away from the embrace, her typical straight expression on her face.

Reaching to carefully take Henry's hand(if he let her), Deedee proceeded to move towards Lucina, feeling the sadness wash over her again. This needed to be quick... So, the moment that she reached the older girl, the child wrapped her arms around her in a wordless and brief- yet longing and passionate -hug. She never wanted to let go of this woman... Not after all that she had done for Deedee... But nothing lasted forever. Not even the best moments could stay too long. So, the child reluctantly unwrapped her arms from around Lucina, her burning blue eyes glancing between the three people who seemed to have become her very last friends.

"...I've got to go. Thank you.. All of you."

Goodbye...

Even if she hated what she was about to do with a burning passion as intense as the sun flares themselves, the child turned away without another word, the same word resounding over and over again in her mind. And she didn't look back - she couldn't. No, looking back now would only drag her down. Make leaving even harder. And it was already so incredulously difficult for her that she didn't believe she could actually pull off leaving if she were to feel even a minuscule amount of more doubt. It was just like she had thought a mere few minutes ago - she wasn't strong. She never had been, and she had a feeling that regardless of how hard she tried, she never would be. All she was good at was putting herself and others watching over her in danger, and being a weak and defenseless little crybaby...

No. No. She couldn't think like that. So, the child squeezed her blue eyes shut tightly and balled her delicate hands into fists as she walked, trying to force such thoughts out of her mind. There was no time or place for such thoughts, after all. They'd only make the hurt much worse. Instead, she tried desperately to bring more positive thoughts into her mind, like... Like..... Like how Chrom had invited her to the wedding. She would see her friends again, after all! Yeah, maybe things weren't so bad for her, after all. And she was going to help the world now. That was a good thing.

The next thing that Deedee knew, she was standing in front of the portal provided to send each of the folk drawn to the place back to their homes. Or, in Deedee's case - the world she was born on. The child had no 'home' anymore. But that was the last thing on her mind - no, what she was thinking about was how scary the portal looked. It was as though she could just be sucked into some endless, empty abyss at any given moment, never to exit again. But, then again... She'd gone through the Flat Trans just fine. Surely this would end the same, right? So, with an abundant amount of hesitance, the child took another small step forward... And another... And another. Then, all of a sudden, she was somewhere completely different from Beatrice's realm - yet extremely familiar all the same.

...Cell. It was a cell, really. A room that was practically bare, meant to hold her down and render her unable to do anything but sleep and eat when she had meals brought to her by the strange people she'd been delivered to the doorstep of. It was an unsettling place to have to live, but Deedee certainly found any place that wasn't a basement within which she was being tortured was good enough.

Just as the little girl had expected the moment she'd turned away from her new friends, she suddenly felt her heavy-heartedness returning. It was extremely painful.. Having to leave her friends like that, that was. Having to be reminded what it was like to have friends when they only got taken away from her. But, at this point? It was quite obvious that that was all that would ever happen to her friends. All of them at this point had turned on her, been left behind, or- most commonly -had wound up dead. Maybe she was just forbidden to hav-...

Within seconds, the door to her 'cell' had been slammed right open - the slamming sound causing Deedee to jump slightly, her eyes widening like a deer caught in headlights. This occurrence had been completely unexpected from the girl, and she certainly hadn't been prepared for it. So, naturally, she wasn't exactly prepared for the enraged-looking man that was storming towards her with obvious anger in his eyes. "You!" he hissed, suddenly right in front of Deedee, looming over her. The child didn't respond, though it was unclear if this was just due to her typical quiet nature, because of how shocked she was, or just out of sheer fear. Regardless, it didn't stop the man in front of her from proceeding. "Where the hell did you run off to, you little brat?! Do you know how much trouble you've caused???" he continued, lips curled down in what may as well have been a snarl.

sad_deedee_by_teh_zombish-d9duhf2.png

Nothing changed. The child just stood still in fear, trying to keep from shaking.

As though he were only further aggravated by Deedee's silence and lack of response, the man seemed to become even more mad. "Are you even listening? You stupid kid.." the man growled, lowly. In response, Deedee cringed slightly, deeply hurt by the comment despite knowing she probably shouldn't be. Slowly and shakily, she finally moved, finding the envelope from Beatrice to hand over to the man in answer. "What the-...? Did you steal this? You know there isn't enough paper for you to waste it with your pathetic... Scribbles....." Funnily enough, the fellow's voice trailed off as he came to realize the letter wasn't composed of scriblles, and he actually read it carefully.

"..."

One would think- or, at least, Deedee did -that giving the letter would make this man relax. But, instead, the man went into a complete and utter outrage. "You expect me to believe this?!" the employee of WICKED demanded, radiating an anger that was comparable to that of a Crank's. Within moments, the man had bent down so that he was right up in her face, his nostrils flaring. "No, I know you snuck out somehow..." As though to emphasize, the man reached towards the ever-unfortunate little girl, gripping her firmly by the hair and thus making her yelp in pain and fear. "...and I'll personally see to it that it never happens again."

A small, pained whimper came from Deedee's lips, voicing her pain and agony. Luckily, the man finally released his grip on her with one final tug of emphasis, and the girl fell back on her rear trying to back away from him and put distance between them. This just earned a chuckle from the unfamiliar male. "You know how I'll do that? I could break those little legs of yours... Slam your head on the wall to knock you unconscious... Shock you any time you try to leave..." he went on, causing the little girl to involuntarily begin to tremble slightly. "...But I'm feeling nice, so I suppose I'll just stick with telling my co-workers to triple the security. Until Chancellor Michael himself says otherwise, you're never leaving this room. Got it, kid?"

If Deedee's heart hadn't already been shattered into a million pieces... It certainly had been, now.

The unfamiliar face looked like he had more to say, but his words were abruptly cut off, for he was interrupted by a woman casually peeking into the doorway. Upon seeing Deedee, she seemed to become somewhat cheerful. "Ah, so you found her! Wonderful job, Mr. Sanders," she commented, radiating a much more friendly air than the scary man. Who, at the woman's entrance, suddenly became wide-eyed. It didn't take much for Deedee to notice how his stature suddenly changed, and he tried to put on a false and equally friendly facade. "A-ah, of course! The kid sure knows how to wander off, huh?" he chuckled, before moving to pat the dark-haired child on the floor on the head. "I was just telling Teresa here that we'd have to tighten the security on her a bit and make sure there's a constant eye kept on her to make sure she stays safe... Isn't that right, Teresa?' Something about the way the man said this made Deedee feel as though if she didn't answer the way the man wanted, she'd be in trouble. So, shakily, she gave a slight nod.

Flashing a bright smile and offering a nod of her own, the mystery woman seemed to understand the purpose behind this idea. "Brilliant idea. We wouldn't want lovely little Teresa here getting hurt, after all!" she stated, her words coming across as much more sincere than the man's. Seeming as though something had suddenly dawned on her, the woman moved closer to Deedee, kneeling in front of her with a bright smile before extending her hand to the five-year-old. "My name's Olivia Richodelle. Pleasure to finally meet you, Teresa. I've heard wonderful things about you."

With an unmatched hesitance, Deedee tried to give a nod of greeting and understanding, though it was difficult. She was never really taught the whole handshake thing, after all. Seeming to quickly realize this, Olivia retracted her hand, instead simply smiling at the little girl. "Don't worry, I understand if you don't want to talk. So..." Climbing to her feet, Olivia glanced to the alleged 'Mr. Sanders'. "How about we go alert everyone she's safe and sound again, hm? I'll go ahead and page the guards to return immediately." With that, the woman looked to Deedee one last time, offering one more smile. "I'll see you around, Teresa."

Deedee was unsure how long it took, after that, for the two to leave. She could hardly pay attention in all of her heartbreak - this was all just too much for such a short time. Losing Mark, Trina, Alec and Lana permanently, seeing so many people murdered, seeing Mark's corpse, making new friends and then being separated from them with plans having been made to see them one last time.... Only for the terrifying man to threaten her, yell at her, and then tell her she'd never leave this room.

So, despite her wish to never cry again... The little ravenette child found tears suddenly forming in her eyes after the odd pair had left, and the tears flowed freely from her stunning blue eyes. There were no sounds from the little girl, aside from the sound of her heart breaking.

------Two Years Later------

The table at which Teresa was sitting at was less than pleasant, to say the least. The room she was in was in a cold, dark room in WICKED headquarters. She had often noted that this place was always like this - cold and dark. She wasn't entirely sure just why this was, and it was something that the ravenette often pondered. Of course, there were lights hailing down from above the table, dangling just overhead. However, they hardly managed to break through the dreariness that the whole facility reeked of. Not to mention, Alaska seemed stubborn - as it, unlike the rest of the world, remained extremely cold. Any heat that the staff tried to produce throughout the place was futile. It was so cold that Teresa was shivering so hard that it was growing increasingly difficult to retain any sense of calm. Especially considering that the cold wasn't the only thing inducing nervousness and tensity in the seven-year-old.

It was odd, really - the female never thought that she could possibly miss the devastating heat of the world that had been destroyed by the Sun Flares. She missed the glow of it, and the bright light that made things feel slightly more bearable. But here... All there was in store for her was a biting cold, gloom and dreariness, and sheer emptiness. Even after the two years she'd been at the WICKED facility, she had yet to adapt to the depressing and cold atmosphere of the place. It was funny... She'd been there for more than a quarter of her life, and she still had found no friends. None at all, since Mark, Trina, Chrom, Morgan, Lucina and Henry. Since the mortifying incident that had occurred in that horrible place, where Teresa had witnessed real magic.

The only people around here were dull, serious, and even aggressive adults. A couple of them were nice enough - Olivia and Randall. Randall, himself, had promised the girl that she would have a friend soon, and then lots more as time went on. She wasn't sure how true this was, but that was why she was sitting in the unbearable dark, cold, and gloomy room - waiting.

After a long while, there was finally a knock at the door, followed by it opening slowly and quietly. How polite everyone there was(with a few exceptions) at least sparked a feeling that she mattered in her. It was a fleeting feeling that was quickly washed away by the recollection that she was nothing but a subject to these people.

Luckily for the pale child, she didn't have time to dwell on this, for someone had cleared their throat. Slowly, Teresa's blue eyes drifted to the figure that had entered, and she immediately began observing the woman. She was young and beautiful, though she had her hair up in a bun that made the child want to cringe. Her face seemed tight and serious, reminding Teresa briefly of Lana. The woman gave a small nod and the faintest trace of a smile, before abruptly speaking up, sounding as serious as she looked. "Thank you for waiting," the woman started. "We have someone we'd like you to meet and we're ready to take you to him. I was waiting for Chancellor Michael's final approval. Hence the delay," she explained.

In return, Teresa offered a small shrug, seeming rather indifferent. "I don't mind waiting," she assured, calmly. "But you didn't even tell me your name," she pointed out, clasping her hands in front of her neatly. These words garnished a look of shock from the woman, and she seemed taken aback. But Teresa was used to this - it was common that the grown-ups at WICKED seemed astonished when Teresa spoke to them. They still seemed to expect her to act like most children her age, it seemed.. And Teresa was the complete and total opposite.

"And I don't get why I haven't been allowed to meet Mr. Michael yet. I've been here almost two years. Don't you think I should get to shake hands with him?" she inquired, retaining her calm with ease.

There was a pause as the woman stammered, trying to get out a response with failure. But, finally, she pulled it together. "First of all, my name is Ladena. But that's not important. As for the Chancellor, he... has no need to meet you. He has his job and you have yours. Be happy that you live in such a safe place, with all the food you need. That should be enough." This response just made Teresa stare at the woman, her expression screaming that she was rather unhappy with this answer. It took a while, but the woman finally noticed what she'd done. "I'm... sorry," she apologized, sheepishly. "It's just... I'm not used to all this. I don't know how best to..."

"It's okay," Teresa spoke loud and clear, her voice laced with confidence. "I didn't expect anything different, I guess. I knew the Chancellor didn't want to see the kids he's asked to give away their lives. No big deal. But thanks for telling me your name.” Funny how a girl who had been so timid and afraid had developed such sarcasm and sass. Clearly, judging by the brief look of shock followed by a look of anger from Ladena, the woman wasn't happy with this. "I used to think we were making questionable decisions. But not anymore. Not after I’ve seen what’s going on out there in the world. I really think you should be thankful to be here, safe and sound. I think you should be very, very thankful," the woman stated, firmly.

“I never said I wasn’t.” Teresa responded, not hesitating to look right at Ladena. “I am thankful. And I don’t think it matters what I think or you think about WICKED. There isn’t a choice, is there? Sometimes you have to act or die," the girl continued, calmly. That was how all things were, in the end, weren't they? No choice in anything. It was always act or fall. Fight or die.

Ladena gave a very slow nod, a look of extreme confusion on her face. “You’re quite smart for your age, aren’t you? I honestly don’t know what to make of it.” Tch. 'Smart for my age'... I don't think anyone could go through what I have and survive without getting smart, the girl mused to herself. “There’s nothing to make of it. I’m just trying to talk to you like a normal person," Teresa explained with a small shrug.

“I don’t think you’re a normal person.”

This comment caused Teresa to straighten up proudly. “Probably not," she stated with confidence. Was there ever such a thing as 'normal' in this crazy and cruel world, anyways? Teresa certainly didn't think so, but it was all a matter of opinion, in the end. Teresa did note that Ladena seemed to be studying her like some sort of specimen. “There’s something special...” Abruptly, the woman shook her head, as though trying to clear it like she were some sort of Etch-A-Sketch. “What am I doing? I need to take you to where they’re keeping the boy. It’s time for you two to meet. They’re saying he’s the most qualified one they’ve found yet.”

Admittedly, Teresa had grown rather sick of this woman already, anyways, so she was happy to move out. To demonstrate this, she moved to the door, waiting for Ladena to lead the way. In the meantime... She had more questions. Her thirst for knowledge could never be quenched, it seemed. “How many have they found?” she asked, steadily. There was a small pause from Ladena, but she responded after a moment. “A couple dozen or so. We’ve kept you all isolated so far. But the Chancellor has agreed that you and the boy are ready to meet. That both of you are going to be given... certain responsibilities.”

In response, Teresa shrugged. She had taken to pretending that things didn’t interest her much, when they, in truth, interested her a great deal. She quietly followed the woman into the hallway, which was just as cold and glum as the room the pair had left mere moments ago. “What’s his name?” Teresa queried without warning. Ladena seemed to be growing weary, at this point. “They’ve called him Thomas.”

Windows weren't exactly... Common, in the WICKED facility.

Young Teresa had a good guess as to why - they didn’t want their subjects to get many looks at the outdoors, which was off-limits except on extremely rare occasions. If this weren't a good enough reason in and of itself, the world in which they lived was one where Cranks could attack at any moment. More windows would make it much easier for them to break in and spread the Flare - or worse. Though, Ladena happened to lead the seven-year-old past a narrow opening on the way to meet this Thomas guy, and Teresa refused to let opportunity pass without taking advantage of it. So, without so much as bothering to ask for permission, the child rushed over to it.

“Hey!” Ladena called to the girl. “We don’t have time for that!” But the particular command held no authority—the woman obviously felt uncomfortable with the tasks she’d been assigned, and she didn't think she could mandate Teresa because of this. Seeming to ignore Ladena's commands, little Teresa pressed her nose to the absurdly cold glass and stared at the outdoor world, her breath causing condensation to form on the glass. On the left side of the outdoors, she could spot the concrete of the headquarters itself, going on and on until it was out of sight. To her right were bushes and a wide yellowed lawn trailed with walkways lined with light posts. At a greater distance was a fores - still alive and wild, wet with recent rains. Green and thick and majestic, hiding whatever lived within. It was almost unbelievable to Teresa, considering how different it was from the dry, burned-out woods that she had been so used to before she'd been shipped off to WICKED.

For the millionth time, she longed for the cruel and unforgiving place that had been home, regardless of how bleak it had been. Despite the horrors and suffering she’d seen- and been through -there, she longed for her mom and dad and brothers- even Ricky, regardless of how much he'd hurt her -, for all the people who had loved her before madness stole their light away, extinguishing it- and them -permanently. Before the... Well, the thought was cut off, for Ladena placed a hand on Teresa’s shoulder, making the girl jump and spin around. It felt like she’d been standing at the window for hours, lost in her deep thoughts. “We have to go,” the woman stated, softly, her voice now tinted with something that sounded akin to actual compassion. “They’re waiting, and if we take much longer we could both get in trouble.” Teresa felt a sudden burst of anger, all of it directed solely at the woman standing in front of her. But there was no reason for it, and it quickly faded into her usual who-cares attitude.

1ea81f81fbcfb243f70d7ba38b6363c8.jpg

“Okay, I’m sorry,” Teresa said, though she wasn't sure how much she really meant it. “Let’s go meet this boy," she relented, easily putting up her typical facade. At this, Ladena smiled and led Teresa away.

Two men in suits were waiting at a closed door, with their hands clasped in front of themselves. Their gazes were practically glued to the wall behind Teresa and her escort, and if it hadn’t been for their blinking eyes, it would have been easy to mistake them for statues. In Teresa's opinion, anyways. Ladena finally spoke, making the men(that Teresa assumed were guards) look at her. “We’re ready to meet the boy,” she stated in a low and timid voice.

“There’ll be no ‘we,’” the man on the left responded. The only difference between him and his counterpart was that their dark hair was parted on opposite sides. “You can go now. We’ll take over from here.” Teresa thought Ladena might be offended by the curt response, but instead she noticed that the woman looked overwhelmingly relieved. Turning to Teresa, the woman spoke up again. “You’re even brighter than they said. I can just tell. There’s something about you. Good luck. Truly, I mean it.” With that, the woman reached out and squeezed Teresa’s hand, then quickly scurried away, as if she were scared the men might change their minds and make her stay.

Teresa wanted to respond, to say something to let the woman know that even though it had been awkward between the two of them, Ladena had shown a little more humanity to her than anyone else had so far.. Aside from Olivia, the few times she had seen the woman. She had actually seemed real. But, of course, nothing came out. Now she was left with both men staring at her as if she was supposed to decide what happened next. “Well?” Teresa finally asked after a long pause. “What are you waiting for? Shouldn’t I go inside?” she asked further, feeling rather impatient. She was anxious, and the sooner she got to this, the better.

One of the men chuckled—Teresa had already forgotten whether he was the one who’d spoken earlier. “They said you could be a little fireball sometimes. Come on, then. In you go. McVoy is waiting for you.” The man's partner reached over and pressed his hand against a pad on the wall. There was a click, followed by the door swinging open. Neither of the men moved, and Teresa wasn’t in the mood to waste time, so without a word, she walked past them to enter the room.

It was an office, with nearly no furnishing with the bare-bones necessities of a work space. A desk, some shelves, a few chairs around a small table in the corner. The walls were completely bare. A woman with short, dark hair sat at the table, a boy sitting next to her that looked to be a year or two younger than Teresa, sitting with his hands in his lap, staring at a spot on the wall opposite him. He looked terribly afraid, and as though on the verge of trembling. His eyes flickered up at Teresa for a brief moment, but quickly returned to the wall. His hair was a sandy brown, and his face terribly sunburned.

The boldness Teresa had been feeling vanished. She suddenly felt scared herself, and hopelessness welled up inside her. She didn’t know why, really, but she suddenly wanted to turn around and leave. Maybe it was because of her bad history when it came to her friends. Or maybe something entirely different. “Have a seat,” the woman at the table commanded, pointing to a chair directly across from the young boy. Not harshly, but not kindly, either. “We have a lot to talk about.” The woman hadn’t finished her sentence before one of the men from outside closed the door behind Teresa. It startled her, and she was ashamed that she was showing her nerves. Trying to make up for it, she walked over and sat down at the table, choosing the chair right next to the boy instead of the one the woman had indicated. A small act of defiance, but at least it was something. No, Teresa would never submit to these people. To these monsters. Anything she could do to defy their wishes made her feel proud and confident.

“My name is Katie McVoy,” the woman said “And...” She looked to the boy, then reached over and tapped him on the shoulder - something that Teresa recognized quite clearly as a silent and expectant demand. The boy looked to Teresa, almost hesitantly. “My name is... Thomas. I’m glad to be here, glad to serve WICKED. I’ll do whatever they need me to do so we can find a cure for the virus.” Teresa had never heard anything that sounded so dreadfully forced in her life. But she wasn’t exactly surprised. It’d probably be a while before the boy was brave enough to let his true self shine through in front of the WICKED staff.

“My name’s Teresa,” she said back to him, trying her best to sound as warm as she could. “Don’t worry. It’s not so bad around here. And the food is pretty good. Plus we’re safe from the... you know," she added, deciding to avoid direct mention of the Cranks as to assure she didn't scare Thomas at all. "The Cranks?” Thomas asked. “The crazy people?” Teresa nodded slowly. The sadness in the boy’s voice was heavy, and she could feel it's weight settling on her shoulders.

“My dad was a...” The boy faltered, but then a little strength showed up and Thomas straightened in his seat. “He was a Crank. And my mom would’ve been soon. I’m glad we’re going to help people like them. And stop it from happening anymore," he continued. “Me too,” Teresa said, feeling a little speechless for some reason. McVoy let out an exasperated sigh, then leaned forward, putting her forearms on the table. “I can tell the two of you are going to get along just fine. Which is a very good thing, because you’re going to see an awful lot of each other. You’ve both been chosen to be an integral part of our plans over the next few years. You’ll play a role that is extremely important, and you should be proud of yourselves for being selected.” Teresa was tempted to say a lot of things, still wanting to show that she wasn’t intimidated by this woman - but curiosity overcame all else and she waited for more.

“We’re going to make you both even more special than you already are,” McVoy continued. “You’ll be leaders over the other immune children. You’re going to help us prepare the tests and trials, help us train and prepare the subjects. To that end, and for many other reasons you’ll come to understand later, we’ll be implanting devices in your heads that will allow you to communicate with each other in a way that’s never been done before.” Teresa had a million questions she wanted to ask, but she didn’t know where to begin. The woman looked like a proud mother. “Soon we’ll begin the largest and most important phase of the tremendous task ahead. And we expect both of you to be a big part of the project," the woman explained, sounding as smug as she looked. “What is it?” Thomas asked, his voice sounding childish to even Teresa, herself. McVoy smiled. “The Maze, Thomas. You and Teresa are going to help us build the Maze.”

~~~

A few hours later, Teresa sat on a couch with Thomas, all alone. They’d changed her living quarters, putting her in a room that was nicer and bigger, with the tiniest window at the top of one wall. Natural light filtered through, and to Teresa, it seemed like light from heaven. Thomas was in a room similar to hers, and a living area of sorts was located between them, with furniture and a small kitchen. Even a screen for entertainment, though Teresa guessed that they’d only see things related to training them for what lay ahead.

And now, here they were, new friends. Granted, it wasn't as though either of them had much of a choice in the matter. It was pleasant, for Teresa - a refreshing taste of kinship she hadn't known for a long, long time. Maybe, just maybe, if she were lucky... It would actually last this time. Maybe she'd found a new light that could light up her dark and dreary life, after all. “She said they’re going to put devices in our heads,” Thomas said, out of the blue. “What does that even mean? Who goes around putting devices into kids’ heads?" This earned a sincere laugh from Teresa, surprising herself just as much as Thomas—judging by the look on his face. “What?” he asked her, tilting his head like a confused puppy.

“Oh, nothing. Just something about the way you said that. Who does go around putting things in kids’ heads? WICKED, I guess," she mused, snickering slightly at the thought. WICKED was quite the facility... “What does that name mean, anyway? Why are they called that?” the more naive boy asked Teresa, making Teresa purse her lips. “Someone told me there’s a reason for everything around here and one day we’ll understand. But it does stand for something. World In Catastrophe: Killzone Experiment Department. You know what the killzone is, right?” the young girl asked. “Yeah.” He tapped his right temple. “Where the Flare makes you go nutso," he answered, though he didn't seem the most confident. “Yep.” A dark look passed over Thomas, and Teresa remembered what he’d said about his mom and dad.

“So both of your parents got it, huh?” she asked. Thomas nodded, seeming as though he might cry for just a fleeting moment, but he gathered his bearings. “I was scared to death of my dad. Before they finally took him away, I was pretty sure he’d just walk into my room and kill me one night. I’m kind of glad I never have to see my mom turn into a Crank like that.” Well.. Didn't Teresa know what that was like. “You’re pretty tough for a kid,” Teresa commented. And she actually meant it - she was impressed. “Kid?” Thomas repeated, wrinkling his nose. “Who’re you calling a kid? You’re not that much older than me.”

iconlils.png

“Like I said,” she responded with a small smile. “You’re tough. Look at you. Most kids our age would be bawling their eyes out still.” Thomas scoffed in response. “I’m not scared to cry. I’ve cried pretty much every day since my dad started going crazy. And I’m not scared to be here. I’ve seen what that stupid disease does to people, and if they think I can help them, then it’s a lot better than being put in a creepy old orphanage.” Yeah... Teresa found herself liking this boy more and more. Maybe she did finally have a friend, after all. “When did you find out you were immune?” she asked him.

“They came and tested me when my dad caught the virus. I thought it was just normal, to see if my mom and I had it, too. I didn’t even know you could be immune back then. When they told us I thought they were joking. They seemed like the kind of jerks who would do something like that," he answered. “How’d it feel when you found out?” In response, Thomas looked at the floor, guilt flashing over his features. This only further piqued the older girl's curiosity. “What?” Teresa pushed, hoping for an answer. His eyes found hers, and suddenly, it felt as though she’d known him since they were born. Like he was her brother. “What?” she asked again, trying to keep her annoyance out of her voice.

“I was excited. Really, really excited. All I could think about was how I didn’t have to go through all the crap that my dad did and my mom would. It made me... happy," he explained. “So? What’s wrong with that?” Teresa asked, sincerely curious as to how the boy would answer. Thomas shrugged. “All I cared about was myself. Even when they took me away and I had to say bye to my mom, I still kept thinking that I was lucky because I wouldn’t have to watch her go through it all. And glad that I was going to be okay.”

“Sheesh,” Teresa groaned. “So you’re a normal human. Anybody would think that stuff. Stop beating yourself up about it." It wasn't that Teresa was trying to sound mean, but this boy didn't need to go around thinking that he was just some-... “I’m a selfish brat. My mom needs me and I basically couldn’t wait to get out of there," the boy sighed, twiddling his thumbs. At this, Teresa rolled her eyes slightly. “Oh, please. You’re telling me that you don’t miss your mom? That you don’t love her?" Thomas shook his head slowly. “No. Not saying that at all. I miss her so bad it hurts. I’m just... I didn’t want to go through that again.”

“Exactly.” Teresa reached out and tenderly patted Thomas's arm. “You’re normal and honest. I’m glad they stuck us together to do... whatever it is they want us to do," she replied with a small smile. “Yeah.” It was only one word, but somehow Teresa could tell he was conveying a lot. That he agreed with her, that he was glad to be there with her, and that he hoped they could be friends and make a difference. Help WICKED accomplish the task of finding a cure for the Flare. The young boy leaned back on the couch and folded his arms. “You keep asking me all these questions. What about you? Where’d you come from? What’s it been like for you?” Thomas asked her, radiating curiosity.

“I... kind of hate talking about it," she admitted, hoping that would get Thomas to leave the subject be. “Well, so do I. But I did.” Pursing her lips thoughtfully, the girl gave a small nod in response. “Yeah, you did. It’s good, I guess, to hear about it from someone else. But... mine is kind of a crazy story,” she stated, calmly. She grew silent, knowing that Thomas wouldn’t let her get away with it for long - no matter how much she dreaded the idea of telling her story. She was right. “Well?” he asked. “I’m waiting. Who doesn’t like a crazy story?" Thomas smiled at her, and Teresa gave a small smile back. “My name was Deedee before I came here,” she began, finding herself missing the family she'd had that had given her that name with a burning passion. And without reluctance, she told Thomas the rest.

------Eleven Years Later------

It was complete chaos. Carnage. Destruction, suffering, and insanity. Those were a few choice words that came to Teresa's mind while thinking about the currently unfolding events. Sure, she and Thomas and the others had rescued the trapped Immunes from the Mazes, but this mission wasn't over just yet. They still needed to get to the Flat Trans to Paradise, before things were too late... Or Janson found them and hurt Thomas. Teresa had only ever wanted to help find a cure for the disease that was terrorizing the world... But there was no such thing. Letting these people try to take them back for further experimentation would only bring about further, unneeded pain and suffering... And Teresa wouldn't allow anymore of that if she could help it. Ever.

So, naturally, as they ran through the quickly collapsing and dangerous facility, she found herself glancing at the others very often to make sure they were alright. It was just the same as when she'd been a kid... Always fight or die. And she wouldn't let any more people die if she could help it. There had been enough suffering, horror, and pain in this world that it was high time for it all to be put to an end. But that was why they were destroying WICKED, now... Wasn't it?

The Glader struggled to get deep breaths as she ran, hoping to keep from worrying too much about what could happen if they failed. She couldn't let these people down... Not now.

Especially not Thomas.

So, she kept running, not so much as uttering a word. After all, she didn't need to further upset her best friend - he already hated her. She could feel it, even when he wasn't demonstrating the hate he'd held for her ever since she'd saved his life through reluctantly 'betraying' him. After all, WICKED had told her that if she hadn't, they'd kill him. So, naturally, she had to save his life despite knowing he'd despise her for it. So, what happened next was only natural, really.

Out of the corner of her brilliant blue eyes, the ravenette spotted something - a large amount of rubble beginning to tumble just ahead... Right where Thomas was paused. For the next couple of moments, it was like everything was moving in slow motion. Teresa felt like, despite her pushing herself to run as hard and fast as she could in a burst of speed she didn't realize she had, she couldn't move quite fast enough. Hell, she was hardly thinking - she was just acting by her heart. And she wouldn't let her best friend die, no matter how much he hated her.

So she shoved him with harsh force, feeling the weight crash into her mere seconds later.

It was unbearable, the pain that suddenly shot through her entire body. She was immediately slammed to the floor by the rubble, her entire being pinned under it with it slowly crushing her. Most prominently, Teresa felt- and heard -her arm crack. Broken... she thought to herself, her eyes squeezing shut tightly in pain. The experience was absolutely crushing, and the young woman found that she could hardly stay aware of what was going on around her. All she could recognize was the immense amount of pain.... She couldn't even realize that Thomas was screaming her name. Her vision was blurred, but she could faintly make out a form crouching by her, looking her over frantically.

Thomas...

"I'm so sorry," he whispered to her, though Teresa had to strain her ears to hear the words. For a few moments, Teresa- blood streaking her face(which, along with one arm, was the only thing sticking out from under the rubble) -struggled desperately to form words, but found doing so excessively difficult. She noticed Thomas had leaned closer to hear her, which encouraged her to try harder. Finally, her words came out in a hoarse, faint whisper. "Me... Too....." she murmured, weakly.

5da8ea8760879e382638c2a611b2a158.png

There was a slight pause, but she didn't waste any time with trying to say the rest. She could already feel the life seeping out of her, her time running out once and for all. But, for the sake of Thomas, she wrangled a small smile onto her pale and draining face. "I only ever... Cared for...." Whatever more that she was going to say, Teresa couldn't get it out, because everything was fading to black - her final word fading into nothingness. The same could be said for Teresa, herself.

d3ef908230292f0a2798871dddcf3b12.png

And then she was gone.

...But, for Teresa? This was only the beginning.

------Now------

A lot had happened, since Teresa's death. She had lost all of her memories involving Thomas, and when she had been given her memories of her life back by WICKED, the recollection of the insane events of Beatrice's game had been left behind as well. She didn't realize it, but she was missing a lot of pieces to the puzzle that was her existence. That didn't matter to her, though - she'd helped defeat two threats to the multiverse, had became a Reaper that worked under the Angel Joshua as his Conductor, made a handful of new friends(and way too many love interests :|), and a lot more. Life was even more insane, now... But that wasn't holding Teresa back. Her goal was all the same as it had been before she'd been turned into a Reaper.

Protect anyone and everyone she could.

-continued here-

~THE END..... OR IS IT?-

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.