Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicki had not thought about who the traitor was. She only began to day dream, thinking about her family back in Trinidad. Were they alright even if she wasn't in their "universe" at this moment? How much longer did she have to wait for her to live normal? Well, at least Nicki's getting a break from having to host concerts and the like. However, she needed another dose of botox to the ass to make sure it's all firm and round.

Heck, all Nicki did notice was a mood shift from Shiki. Could she rap in order to change the mood or would that ruin the atmosphere. She felt a bit concerned since he did remind her of someone, but Nicki didn't have the balls for once to talk to him.

Nicki voted for herself.

Fi looked down at his hand in her....appendage. Then looked up to return the smile with a small one of her own. Link, finding this moment private, he decided to let them have their moment to themselves. He had heard Riley's plan.

"If you're looking for a peaceful place to live there's one in my world above the clouds. The world below...it's full of monsters currently but they haven't bothered those above the clouds so far." He spoke up. It was only a suggestion to them. He didn't expect them to really consider it honestly.

@Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Crimson Spartan @Anybody I missed

As they kept in contact at their "hands", Legolas thought of what to say to Fi. He thought about how easily the words flowed when he was talking to someone else about her, even in her presence. But this was all new to the elf. He was unwise, inexperienced with matters of the heart, both by upbringing and circumstance.

Something though, he thought. Say... something.

He let fly his words from his mouth, not as confidently as an arrow leaving his bow. But as comfortable as the warmth emanating from his heart.

"I can not adequately explain it," he said to Fi, "but when I am with you, like this, it is like all is perfect, in an imperfect world."

@Lizzy

As they kept in contact at their "hands", Legolas thought of what to say to Fi. He thought about how easily the words flowed when he was talking to someone else about her, even in her presence. But this was all new to the elf. He was unwise, inexperienced with matters of the heart, both by upbringing and circumstance.

Something though, he thought. Say... something.

He let fly his words from his mouth, not as confidently as an arrow leaving his bow. But as comfortable as the warmth emanating from his heart.

"I can not adequately explain it," he said to Fi, "but when I am with you, like this, it is like all is perfect, in an imperfect world."

@Lizzy

"I believe I understand, and feel the same...." Fi replied.

Link nodded in understanding to Riley and the others, having not really expected them to really take it into consideration.

@Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Anybody I might have missed @I need to sleep....

"And in return for my services, I- We." He looked at Junko. "would be given shelter and food, and I would be given a chance to reconcile for my sins against both God, and mankind?" Riley put his hands behind his back. "I... Will consider your offer, though I cannot say the same for her." Riley looked back at Junko. "Where we go will depend entirerly on her decision."

@Atomyk
"Yes, I suppose you would. I'm not well acquainted with normal human life, but food and shelter don't sound like difficult provisions for medicine. Of course, it's up to you to believe when you've done enough to reconcile yourself with...whatever you've done." She brushed some of her hair back as she finished. "Junko might have a field day trying to...makeover Gensokyo's fashions? I can't speak for her, really."

Reactions: Takumi
"Yes, I suppose you would. I'm not well acquainted with normal human life, but food and shelter don't sound like difficult provisions for medicine. Of course, it's up to you to believe when you've done enough to reconcile yourself with...whatever you've done." She brushed some of her hair back as she finished. "Junko might have a field day trying to...makeover Gensokyo's fashions? I can't speak for her, really."

"It sounds like this town doesn't have much access to the Outside World. Would there be a way, that if I treat the town, I could be given medicine to do it with?"

"It sounds like this town doesn't have much access to the Outside World. Would there be a way, that if I treat the town, I could be given medicine to do it with?"
"We don't. However, there is a...certain shrine that connects the two. If you so wished, the modern world is available from mine too. As far as I know, nothing like that nuclear thing you mentioned hasn't happened in the outside world. You could get medicine from them, probably."

Last edited:
"We don't. However, there is a...certain shrine that connects the two. If you so wished, the modern world is available from mine too. As far as I know, nothing like that nu...nucular? Uh, that thing you mentioned hasn't happened in the outside world. You could get medicine from them, probably."

"I could remain and work there for several years, get an actual Medical Degree, and Then work in the town. I have all the training, just not the official credentials, so I would have to go to school and learn how to be a doctor in that world." Riley said calmly. "I know, the Nuclear War only occurred in my world. That I know of."

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Whoever is around.

"I could remain and work there for several years, get an actual Medical Degree, and Then work in the town. I have all the training, just not the official credentials, so I would have to go to school and learn how to be a doctor in that world." Riley said calmly. "I know, the Nuclear War only occurred in my world. That I know of."

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Whoever is around.
Not knowing anything of schooling, nuclear wars, or doctoring, Sakuya just nodded. She didn't have much of an interest in the outside world, especially with a certain shrine maiden owning the gateway between the two. "Gensokyo doesn't require official credentials to do medicinal work, but if you wish to do so I won't stop you. A few years isn't so bad, I suppose. Though perhaps the outside world would suit you two better."

"I believe I understand, and feel the same...." Fi replied.

Link nodded in understanding to Riley and the others, having not really expected them to really take it into consideration.

@Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Anybody I might have missed @I need to sleep....

Legolas smiled at Fi's answer. The feeling was very much mutual, after all. He kept his hand on hers, gazing into her eyes while wondering what else to say to her. He felt an urge to say something, and felt a little more confident about it this time.

"I don't know the matters of heart and love very well," he said to Fi while looking at her intently, "but my heart tells me it's love I feel for you. I just want you to hear what my heart speaks, as it has no voice of it's own."

@Lizzy

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
"Tch. How disappointing. So this is really it."

The young man looked up at the sky, pocketing his hands, before facing everyone, clearing his throat with the intent of getting everyone's attention. Perhaps it was time to reward their decisions. Or at least, acknowledge them.

"Now, I must say... I am not disappointed that I ultimately became the one you would all vote off, but rather, how it came to that. I wanted to end up saying how much your investigative skills impressed me... but it seems that at the end of the day, you all rely on following whatever seems to be the most convenient path rather than think for yourself and do some actual investigating to see what conclusions you yourself would draw," Shiki said in a somewhat berating manner, before eventually continuing, "Perhaps then, you all could have grown as people. Your juicy brains could have grown, but no, you decide to conform to whoever takes charge without another thought. Hm... perhaps I should have killed Booker instead. Back in Gotham City. But... it is what it is."

"Still, I suppose that ultimately will matter very little. At least, in this case. After all, whether from chance or blind luck, you're all correct. I am a Traitor," he revealed nonchalantly, with no special emphasis on any of his words, "Though... aside from a select few, like Kalifa and Kaku, none of you actually suspected, did you? Leaving others to do the thinking, and following along... You'll run yourself off a cliff if you all keep doing that, you know."

"But I digress. Perhaps a murderer, an oh-so feared Traitor, has no place to say such things. But... well, those kinds of morals never stopped me from killing, eh? If I did, perhaps that old geezer and that broad would still be alive."

- - -

Flash.

It occurred when Shiki Nanaya was sure that nobody was watching.

Two targets for one to dispatch. Two well-trained, well-disciplined warriors. At least, for human standards. For a real professional like Shiki, their abilities meant nothing to him. Using his powers to conceal his presence completely from the two soldiers, Shiki tightened his grip on one of the arrows he had obtained from Aqua's back in the virtual reality. The lone weapon that he had decided to use.

With his Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, he could be carrying a pen, and as long as he was swift enough, he could kill anyone or anything with it. All he needed to do was either trace the lines his Mystic Eyes saw to cut something off, or stab the points of death he saw to instantly kill. Thus, he could kill as well, if not better, than most people who used whatever blade they wished. Hell, he wouldn't even need a blade. He could use his bare hands if he wanted to, as demonstrated when he ripped apart a shark from the inside, as witnessed by Sophie, Ruby, and a few select others.

The kill happened in a flash. Quite literally.

At supersonic speeds, he zipped right in front of Lisa Castle. Before she could possibly react, he turned around and brought the arrow into her chest, impaling her right in her point of death, instantly killing her. Driven by bloodlust, he gave a few more stabs for good measure. And then the old geezer would ruin his fun.

He attempted to resist. Shiki cut him down.

To specify, using his sonic speeds, Shiki dashed forward and traced the line of death on Frank's arm with the arrow, instantly cutting it off, blood spraying everywhere, though the calculated murderer was mindful enough to avoid it and make sure each drop avoided him.

But that wasn't enough.

Using imaginary momentum from his sonic capabilities, he knocked Frank onto the ground, driving the arrow right into his body, penetrating his point of death and instantly killing him as well.

4aab2eb283dc85570c616bef021aee214d5a21c5.jpg

"Ga... haha... hahaha...!!" Shiki laughed softly, barely able to contain his glee.

It felt so good to kill. It felt so fucking good to kill. It felt so fucking good that he wanted to explode. Hell, it was even better than getting his rocks off with some girl he might stumble across. It was better than any of the normal pleasures that a normal person would enjoy.

Truly, man was the greatest game of all.

Normally, he'd settle for a non-human. Maybe some sort of demon. But that was a pain. There weren't very many active demons or something of the like around. It irritated him to no end. So he had to make do. And make do he did.

Either way, leaving the arrow in, deciding that he could implicate some of the others, more notably arrow users and sword users, that was when the young Nanaya would flee, regrouping with the rest of the Survivors the next chance he got.

- - -

"Ah... such an experience that was," he spoke, fondly remembering his kill, "But I suppose you have all caught up to me. I won't say something ridiculous like telling you I was under the influence of Akibahara. I simply wanted to kill. I wanted to cut flesh. I wanted to draw blood. So I did. It's in my nature, as a murderer."

Your communicators would suddenly beep, and Chris would appear, remaining on standby at the Coalition Headquarters while the rest of the forces fought off the Northern Forces.

latest

"So that's it, huh... Coming clean when you've been discovered. Well, if it's as you say, then I'm obligated to beam you over to the headquarters. If you're actively aware of your deeds, then if nothing else, I'll simply detain you to prevent you from committing any more murders. And then you--" Chris began to say, before Shiki suddenly cut him off.

"That won't be necessary," Shiki said confidently, as though he believed he was the one in charge here, "I'm nearing the end of my cycle anyway. Soon, my strength will completely falter, and little Shiki Tohno will return. Me, on the other hand... I'll be gone. Trapped as a shadow within his mind. That will be the end of my killings. You have my word," he said. Far be it from a normal person to take the word of a killer, eh?

"Besides, I can imagine that you have your hands full with the commotion going on with... Mercy or whoever is attacking. Wouldn't want you to waste your resources."

"..."

"Shiki Tohno is a good boy. Too good for my liking. Others might agree. He is not capable of harming others who have not wronged him or those he cares for. I'm sure you'll all be in good company with him. Well, once he gets over accidentally murdering, even if little innocent Tohno didn't even know what he was doing. It was always me after all. The murderer who could never come to understand anyone. The killer who only acted because he wanted to. The killer who acted for himself."

But even so...

f61402be915dfdfeeb2cd61a92e56a54.png

"Still, I must say... I had fun while it lasted. Bashing in Mr. Naegi's face, teasing Ms. Sakuya, carrying around Ms. Junko, messing with ol' Riley... It was all quite an interesting experience. I only wish I could have stuck around for longer. But things like friends, things I was once uninterested in, are a luxury I do not deserve. And unlike other things I do not deserve, friendship, cliche as it might sound, is something I cannot take for myself."

"You... What are you...?"

"Don't worry about it. Let's just say... I've done the cleansing process for you already. The next time I wake up, I won't be here anymore. Shiki will be back to his regular self, and everything will be hunky-dory again. And then there will only be one Traitor left."

"But in any case, I suppose that's enough of the spotlight for me. You all have a Divergent Catalyst to destroy, and I'm sure that'll emotionally kill you. Shame I won't get to see more of those killings. But in any case... farewell. It's been fun. But who knows? Maybe we'll see each other again. Real soon..."

And without another word, Shiki quietly fainted, his body suddenly going limp and falling to the floor.

Three Traitors have been apprehended. Only one remained.

@Everyone

The young man looked up at the sky, pocketing his hands, before facing everyone, clearing his throat with the intent of getting everyone's attention. Perhaps it was time to reward their decisions. Or at least, acknowledge them.

"Now, I must say... I am not disappointed that I ultimately became the one you would all vote off, but rather, how it came to that. I wanted to end up saying how much your investigative skills impressed me... but it seems that at the end of the day, you all rely on following whatever seems to be the most convenient path rather than think for yourself and do some actual investigating to see what conclusions you yourself would draw," Shiki said in a somewhat berating manner, before eventually continuing, "Perhaps then, you all could have grown as people. Your juicy brains could have grown, but no, you decide to conform to whoever takes charge without another thought. Hm... perhaps I should have killed Booker instead. Back in Gotham City. But... it is what it is."

"Still, I suppose that ultimately will matter very little. At least, in this case. After all, whether from chance or blind luck, you're all correct. I am a Traitor," he revealed nonchalantly, with no special emphasis on any of his words, "Though... aside from a select few, like Kalifa and Kaku, none of you actually suspected, did you? Leaving others to do the thinking, and following along... You'll run yourself off a cliff if you all keep doing that, you know."

"But I digress. Perhaps a murderer, an oh-so feared Traitor, has no place to say such things. But... well, those kinds of morals never stopped me from killing, eh? If I did, perhaps that old geezer and that broad would still be alive."

- - -

Flash.

Two targets for one to dispatch. Two well-trained, well-disciplined warriors. At least, for human standards. For a real professional like Shiki, their abilities meant nothing to him. Using his powers to conceal his presence completely from the two soldiers, Shiki tightened his grip on one of the arrows he had obtained from Aqua's back in the virtual reality. The lone weapon that he had decided to use.

With his Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, he could be carrying a pen, and as long as he was swift enough, he could kill anyone or anything with it. All he needed to do was either trace the lines his Mystic Eyes saw to cut something off, or stab the points of death he saw to instantly kill. Thus, he could kill as well, if not better, than most people who used whatever blade they wished. Hell, he wouldn't even need a blade. He could use his bare hands if he wanted to, as demonstrated when he ripped apart a shark from the inside, as witnessed by Sophie, Ruby, and a few select others.

At supersonic speeds, he zipped right in front of Lisa Castle. Before she could possibly react, he turned around and brought the arrow into her chest, impaling her right in her point of death, instantly killing her. Driven by bloodlust, he gave a few more stabs for good measure. And then the old geezer would ruin his fun.

To specify, using his sonic speeds, Shiki dashed forward and traced the line of death on Frank's arm with the arrow, instantly cutting it off, blood spraying everywhere, though the calculated murderer was mindful enough to avoid it and make sure each drop avoided him.

But that wasn't enough.

Using imaginary momentum from his sonic capabilities, he knocked Frank onto the ground, driving the arrow right into his body, penetrating his point of death and instantly killing him as well.

"Ga... haha... hahaha...!!" Shiki laughed softly, barely able to contain his glee.

It felt so good to kill. It felt so fucking good to kill. It felt so fucking good that he wanted to explode. Hell, it was even better than getting his rocks off with some girl he might stumble across. It was better than any of the normal pleasures that a normal person would enjoy.

Normally, he'd settle for a non-human. Maybe some sort of demon. But that was a pain. There weren't very many active demons or something of the like around. It irritated him to no end. So he had to make do. And make do he did.

Either way, leaving the arrow in, deciding that he could implicate some of the others, more notably arrow users and sword users, that was when the young Nanaya would flee, regrouping with the rest of the Survivors the next chance he got.

- - -

"Ah... such an experience that was," he spoke, fondly remembering his kill, "But I suppose you have all caught up to me. I won't say something ridiculous like telling you I was under the influence of Akibahara. I simply wanted to kill. I wanted to cut flesh. I wanted to draw blood. So I did. It's in my nature, as a murderer."

Your communicators would suddenly beep, and Chris would appear, remaining on standby at the Coalition Headquarters while the rest of the forces fought off the Northern Forces.

latest

"So that's it, huh... Coming clean when you've been discovered. Well, if it's as you say, then I'm obligated to beam you over to the headquarters. If you're actively aware of your deeds, then if nothing else, I'll simply detain you to prevent you from committing any more murders. And then you--" Chris began to say, before Shiki suddenly cut him off.

"That won't be necessary," Shiki said confidently, as though he believed he was the one in charge here, "I'm nearing the end of my cycle anyway. Soon, my strength will completely falter, and little Shiki Tohno will return. Me, on the other hand... I'll be gone. Trapped as a shadow within his mind. That will be the end of my killings. You have my word," he said. Far be it from a normal person to take the word of a killer, eh?

"Besides, I can imagine that you have your hands full with the commotion going on with... Mercy or whoever is attacking. Wouldn't want you to waste your resources."

"..."

"Shiki Tohno is a good boy. Too good for my liking. Others might agree. He is not capable of harming others who have not wronged him or those he cares for. I'm sure you'll all be in good company with him. Well, once he gets over accidentally murdering, even if little innocent Tohno didn't even know what he was doing. It was always me after all. The murderer who could never come to understand anyone. The killer who only acted because he wanted to. The killer who acted for himself."

But even so...

"Still, I must say... I had fun while it lasted. Bashing in Mr. Naegi's face, teasing Ms. Sakuya, carrying around Ms. Junko, messing with ol' Riley... It was all quite an interesting experience. I only wish I could have stuck around for longer. But things like friends, things I was once uninterested in, are a luxury I do not deserve. And unlike other things I do not deserve, friendship, cliche as it might sound, is something I cannot take for myself."

"Don't worry about it. Let's just say... I've done the cleansing process for you already. The next time I wake up, I won't be here anymore. Shiki will be back to his regular self, and everything will be hunky-dory again. And then there will only be one Traitor left."

"But in any case, I suppose that's enough of the spotlight for me. You all have a Divergent Catalyst to destroy, and I'm sure that'll emotionally kill you. Shame I won't get to see more of those killings. But in any case... farewell. It's been fun. But who knows? Maybe we'll see each other again. Real soon..."

And without another word, Shiki quietly fainted, his body suddenly going limp and falling to the floor.

@Everyone
"Maybe he needed a hug."

GVxrb0u.gif

But still, the fact that Shiki was a Traitor was kind of shocking to Plutia, as she was with Shiki a few times.

She carried Shiki's limp body to one of the tent beds (or if there aren't any, then an oversized Noire plushy)

@Verite @any-one

"Maybe he needed a hug."

GVxrb0u.gif

But still, the fact that Shiki was a Traitor was kind of shocking to Plutia, as she was with Shiki a few times.

She carried Shiki's limp body to one of the tent beds (or if there aren't any, then an oversized Noire plushy)

@Verite @any-one
Kalifa and Kaku stared as Plutia carred Shiki away.

"I hope for your sake that the deranged alternate personality is now gone and buried, as he said it would be." Kalifa said.

"If you're fond of him, you should be glad our colleague Rob Lucci isn't here with us. He would have insisted on Shiki being put to death just to be on the safe side." Kaku added. "And I can't honestly say that I think he'd have been wrong to do it."

"But at least we've found three of the Traitors now." Kalifa said.

Kaku nodded. "That's the good news. Only one Traitor left, and then all that will stand in our way is these 'divergent catalysts'.

@Bomb @Verite @Atomyk @Everybody

- - -

Flash.

But that wasn't enough.

- - -

latest

"..."

But even so...

@Everyone
While Storm and Crusader had guessed wrong, both were relived that another traitor had been caught. "With that one more traitor has been revealed...but we are not quite done yet."

The Arch-Demon was still out there...and no doubt more traitors in their midst. All the murder had set its toll on Storm, the death of Bane was still lingering over her as well due to the pointlessness of it all.

Crusader would see the look on Storm's face. "Are you okay, Ms Munroe?"

She wasn't, but they were in the final stretch and Storm wouldn't let it cloud her judgement. "No...but I have to be so that we can survive this and return home."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Joshua simply stared at Shiki, the final ends of the cigar burning off as he threw it under his foot, crushing the finished cigar as he raised the almost empty assault rifle at him "So you killed him. You killed Frank. I would say Good Riddance, but he did not deserve such death. But you do S!-..." it was then where Shiki collapsed that Joshua simply stared at him "-..Wine?..." He proceeded to grab a rope from the floor, tying it behind Shikis hands, against each other as he simply crouched infront of him "Some kid."

@Verite

'Well, well, well. 3 dead traitors, one dead creep, it seems like this case has almost wrapped up. Other than killing the evil extradimensional Arch-Demon. Where to next? When to next?'

he smiled at Izana.
'I told you that it would all work out in the end. I kid of course, I predicted that we'd all die horribly. But sometimes it's nice to be proved wrong every now and then.'

@FireDrake150 @AnyoneElseWhoWantsToInteractBecauseIThinkI'mTotallyLost

Reactions: Takumi and Mari
'Well, well, well. 3 dead traitors, one dead creep, it seems like this case has almost wrapped up. Other than killing the evil extradimensional Arch-Demon. Where to next? When to next?'

he smiled at Izana.
'I told you that it would all work out in the end. I kid of course, I predicted that we'd all die horribly. But sometimes it's nice to be proved wrong every now and then.'

@FireDrake150 @AnyoneElseWhoWantsToInteractBecauseIThinkI'mTotallyLost

Legolas overheard the confused Joseph. He approached him, still holding "hands" with Fi, and said simply to him:

"We wait."

@Mighty Roman @FireDrake150 @Lizzy

'Awh, man...well, Elf. Mrs Armitage always said I wasn't good at waiting, ever since I was a Kid. Not good at waiting....another popular quote from every girl I've ever picked up from the bar. he smiled, before looking at Fi and Legolas.

''Who's your lady-friend? Looks like some kind of sword-spirit, or energy spectre.'

@FireDrake150 @Lizzy @Wedge Antilles

'Awh, man...well, Elf. Mrs Armitage always said I wasn't good at waiting, ever since I was a Kid. Not good at waiting....another popular quote from every girl I've ever picked up from the bar. he smiled, before looking at Fi and Legolas.

''Who's your lady-friend? Looks like some kind of sword-spirit, or energy spectre.'

@FireDrake150 @Lizzy @Wedge Antilles

Legolas looked at Joseph with a small smile. "I've known so many just like you. Impatient. Anxious. Wanting to jump head first into the battle. I was like you once as well. But if success were as simple as being aggressive, we would all do so. Yet, the perfect counterattack to aggression is a patient, well timed strike when one is most vulnerable in an all-out attack."

When Joseph asked about Fi, Legolas bowed to her slightly. "Fi is a wondrous lady, unlike any other I have met. However, I shall let her speak for herself, if she so wishes."

@Mighty Roman @Lizzy @FireDrake150

Legolas looked at Joseph with a small smile. "I've known so many just like you. Impatient. Anxious. Wanting to jump head first into the battle. I was like you once as well. But if success were as simple as being aggressive, we would all do so. Yet, the perfect counterattack to aggression is a patient, well timed strike when one is most vulnerable in an all-out attack."

When Joseph asked about Fi, Legolas bowed to her slightly. "Fi is a wondrous lady, unlike any other I have met. However, I shall let her speak for herself, if she so wishes."

@Mighty Roman @Lizzy @FireDrake150
'You assume, dear Elf, that I rush into battle head first. Perhaps, I am, unknown to you, a strategist who's already planned his next move? In my line of work, standing idle gets people killed, so I tend to interfere, rather than stand by the sidelines and let things go wrong? Elves apparently disagree, especially in the movies.'

So, are you and the Ghost of Christmas Past a couple, or....' Joseph had no idea how to finish that sentence. To be honest, he really wanted Legolas onside. But in his opinion, the Elf's Self-Righteous and Holier-Than-Thou attitude was swiftly turning him into his second choice of human shield.

@Wedge Antilles @Lizzy @FireDrake150

Status
Not open for further replies.