Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's nothing, Shiki. Nothing except for the fact that I told myself I could never love due to the fact that every person I have loved seems to die in front of me. But such is a part of life I guess. I honestly wouldn't mind living with her depending on the world, but if I am to go back to my world, I do not wish to see her die." Riley said. "I gave it to her because she asked for it."
"Sounds like a personal problem."

Yet sympathetic at the same time.

"Heh, you shoulda given her the preserved apples then. Keep that fruit for Ms. Aqua."

@The Silver Paladin @Kaykay

Reactions: Takumi and Minerva
"Yeah... I'm fine. Just caught me offguard..." she would say, and it was somewhat of a lie. She didn't want to admit that she could be slowly dying, because she didn't know if this was a side-effect of her status as a Half-Alive or caused by the mysterious voice that speaks in her head.

"...I like to be called Lapis Lazuli, by the way... I rather not share my real name..."

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @Verite
Oblivious to her real, underlying problems, Sakuya just smiled. "I see. Well, even if you don't trust me with your real name, nice to meet you. Though for the record, Sakuya isn't really my name either, but I don't know my real name so it's not like I could tell you it."

"It's nothing, Shiki. Nothing except for the fact that I told myself I could never love due to the fact that every person I have loved seems to die in front of me. But such is a part of life I guess. I honestly wouldn't mind living with her depending on the world, but if I am to go back to my world, I do not wish to see her die." Riley said. "I gave it to her because she asked for it. I also thought the legend was BS, but I'm not sure now. It probably is."

Riley cheered up a bit. "Yeah. In my world, the closest thing we have are preserved apples."
"I...don't think I've ever eaten a preserved apple," she admitted. They didn't really work on technology in Gensokyo, and with her powers artificial preservation would be necessary anyhow. "If you'd like, I could make your apples a little more fresh," she offered.

She felt a little bad for Riley, with this other guy teasing him about Aqua. It hadn't been that long since he got rejected.

"Sounds like a personal problem."

Yet sympathetic at the same time.

"Heh, you shoulda given her the preserved apples then. Keep that fruit for Ms. Aqua."

"It is my goddamned fault! If I hadn't gotten involved with Project Purity, and chased my father, none of it would have happened." Riley said. "I lost him and Amata because I wanted to help people, and I still want to." Riley breathed.

Oblivious to her real, underlying problems, Sakuya just smiled. "I see. Well, even if you don't trust me with your real name, nice to meet you. Though for the record, Sakuya isn't really my name either, but I don't know my real name so it's not like I could tell you it."

"I...don't think I've ever eaten a preserved apple," she admitted. They didn't really work on technology in Gensokyo, and with her powers artificial preservation would be necessary anyhow. "If you'd like, I could make your apples a little more fresh," she offered.

She felt a little bad for Riley, with this other guy teasing him about Aqua. It hadn't been that long since he got rejected.

"Y-you can? I love fresh fruit now so I would like to try it."

Lapis only gave a basic nod towards Sakuya, not so sure on what else to say that wouldn't sound horribly stupid.

However, she did notice the whole deal with the apples, and having a feeling that she would be offered some.

"Before you decide to offer me some apples, I'll have to deny that possible offer... since it would be a waste of food when I don't exactly need to eat."

"It is my goddamned fault! If I hadn't gotten involved with Project Purity, and chased my father, none of it would have happened." Riley said. "I lost him and Amata because I wanted to help people, and I still want to." Riley breathed.

"Y-you can? I love fresh fruit now so I would like to try it."
She smiled. "Of course, or I wouldn't have offered." She concentrated, compressing time for one of the apples in question. There were past and future versions of it, but she only needed one. A timeline of the apple's cycle was before her. She found the spot in time at which it seemed ripest, prior to preservation, and brought it to the present. It existed at the same time as its present self at the same time, a bit of a time paradox, but with her power that wasn't exactly an impossible occurrence. "Here you go," she smiled, handing it to him with two hands. "And about this...Project Purity. Even with my powers, I cannot change the past. Don't dwell on it, and continue helping people. Eventually it'll all work out, if you keep trying."

Lapis only gave a basic nod towards Sakuya, not so sure on what else to say that wouldn't sound horribly stupid.

However, she did notice the whole deal with the apples, and having a feeling that she would be offered some.

"Before you decide to offer me some apples, I'll have to deny that possible offer... since it would be a waste of food when I don't exactly need to eat."

"That's what Fi said, but she said she enjoys eating pumpkin soup or something," Sakuya said to Lapis. "Do you want one? For enjoyment, and not sustenance? I can pull one from elsewhere, it wouldn't waste anything at all."

Reactions: Takumi
"How sweet of you to say, Legolas. I would also not want to see you suffer." She responded.

She had way too many close calls with Link and that bothered her on many occasions--

...Yeah, she didn't want anymore close calls.

@Wedge Antilles @group heading to the fissure

"Then we should do our best to look out for each other," Legolas stated, "to protect each other. You have the protection of my bow, arrow, and long knife." He thought, though, if Fi had a "master", how would it work if she had to choose between the two, in a situation where perhaps both Link and himself would be in danger?

"However, if your master needs you," he clearly stated, "it is him you should help, not me."

@Lizzy @The Silver Paladin @Kaykay

• Love
She smiled. "Of course, or I wouldn't have offered." She concentrated, compressing time for one of the apples in question. There were past and future versions of it, but she only needed one. A timeline of the apple's cycle was before her. She found the spot in time at which it seemed ripest, prior to preservation, and brought it to the present. It existed at the same time as its present self at the same time, a bit of a time paradox, but with her power that wasn't exactly an impossible occurrence. "Here you go," she smiled, handing it to him with two hands. "And about this...Project Purity. Even with my powers, I cannot change the past. Don't dwell on it, and continue helping people. Eventually it'll all work out, if you keep trying."

"That's what Fi said, but she said she enjoys eating pumpkin soup or something," Sakuya said to Lapis. "Do you want one? For enjoyment, and not sustenance? I can pull one from elsewhere, it wouldn't waste anything at all."

Riley bit into the apple, letting the juice run down his face. He wiped it off with his sleeve. "This is..." Tears formed in his eyes. "One of the greatest things I have ever tasted. The reason being, even in the vaults, Fresh fruit that was common before the war is uncommon, so I have never tasted it." He heard her mention Project Purity. "I know. It was a Project to give water to the wasteland. The Enclave and the Brotherhood of Steel fought over control for it. I activated it, taking in ungodly amounts of radiation. I should not even be alive right now. Before I activated it, the Enclave killed my Father who started the program, and I ran across them killing Amata who was a childhood friend." Riley began to cry. "Hopefully, with my and the Brotherhood's efforts, the Wasteland can thrive."

"Alright, I'll just have one... might as well get some thoughts off of my head," Lapis decided that one apple wouldn't hurt her. She did snack on muffins a few dimensions back for the heck of it. Though, she tried to avoid anything too touchy when she mentioned about distracting herself from certain thoughts. It was...all too complicated: her own personal life and this mission turned "Murder Game" experience.

Almost like Riley, she wished she could change the past... where she wasn't a bounty hunter, wasn't turned into a Half-Alive, her family being around like nothing was ever wrong. Yet, it was all set in stone, and she couldn't change it now. All she could do is face what lies ahead, and there was no turning back.

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin

Riley bit into the apple, letting the juice run down his face. He wiped it off with his sleeve. "This is..." Tears formed in his eyes. "One of the greatest things I have ever tasted. The reason being, even in the vaults, Fresh fruit that was common before the war is uncommon, so I have never tasted it." He heard her mention Project Purity. "I know. It was a Project to give water to the wasteland. The Enclave and the Brotherhood of Steel fought over control for it. I activated it, taking in ungodly amounts of radiation. I should not even be alive right now. Before I activated it, the Enclave killed my Father who started the program, and I ran across them killing Amata who was a childhood friend." Riley began to cry. "Hopefully, with my and the Brotherhood's efforts, the Wasteland can thrive."
Though she knew he'd enjoy it, she hadn't quite expected that much of a reaction from him. "I-I'm glad you like it," she said. "I can do this anytime, for any food, given that it was fresh at sometime. Feel free to ask." She listened as he told her about the Project, and how his father and friend had died. "I'm sorry for your losses, but I'm sure your world can thrive thanks to your efforts," Sakuya tried to console him.

"Alright, I'll just have one... might as well get some thoughts off of my head," Lapis decided that one apple wouldn't hurt her. She did snack on muffins a few dimensions back for the heck of it. Though, she tried to avoid anything too touchy when she mentioned about distracting herself from certain thoughts. It was...all too complicated: her own personal life and this mission turned "Murder Game" experience.

Almost like Riley, she wished she could change the past... where she wasn't a bounty hunter, wasn't turned into a Half-Alive, her family being around like nothing was ever wrong. Yet, it was all set in stone, and she couldn't change it now. All she could do is face what lies ahead, and there was no turning back.

Using the same process she'd done for Riley, she pulled the same apple, but from seconds past that point, into the present, handing it to Lapis. "What thoughts?" she asked.

Though she knew he'd enjoy it, she hadn't quite expected that much of a reaction from him. "I-I'm glad you like it," she said. "I can do this anytime, for any food, given that it was fresh at sometime. Feel free to ask." She listened as he told her about the Project, and how his father and friend had died. "I'm sorry for your losses, but I'm sure your world can thrive thanks to your efforts," Sakuya tried to console him.

Using the same process she'd done for Riley, she pulled the same apple, but from seconds past that point, into the present, handing it to Lapis. "What thoughts?" she asked.

Riley looked distantly. "I have faith that due to everyone's efforts, the Wasteland will thrive." Riley bit into the apple again.

"... dreadful thoughts," Lapis simply put it at that as she accepted the apple and took a bite out of it. As if it were timed with her words, the moment she said "dreadful," the crack-like scar on her cheek gave off a glow before dimming out.

"Then we should do our best to look out for each other," Legolas stated, "to protect each other. You have the protection of my bow, arrow, and long knife." He thought, though, if Fi had a "master", how would it work if she had to choose between the two, in a situation where perhaps both Link and himself would be in danger?

"However, if your master needs you," he clearly stated, "it is him you should help, not me."

@Lizzy @The Silver Paladin @Kaykay

"I understand, Legolas. And I'm sure my Master would understand as well. Knowing him, if given a chance to think about the situation at hand. He'd try to help protect you for my sake if you were to ever need his assistance." Fi responded.

@Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @Kaykay

• Love
Reactions: Poe Dameron
"... dreadful thoughts," Lapis simply put it at that as she accepted the apple and took a bite out of it. As if it were timed with her words, the moment she said "dreadful," the crack-like scar on her cheek gave off a glow before dimming out.

"Oh, dear. If only darling Abel were here to calm you down," Nanaya said out of the blue, "Honestly, with how the business is going on at the Coalition, who knows? He might be already dead thanks to that little Mercy girl we've heard so much about. Wouldn't that be a shame?" He asked, pushing buttons like he was fiddling with a game controller.

"In any case, I'm still peckish. Sakuya-chan, was it?" He asked, already getting somewhat unusually comfortable with the woman, "An apple, please. Just a bite. My hands are a bit full with Miss Fashionista here," he spoke, adjusting his grip on Junko briefly.

"I understand, Legolas. And I'm sure my Master would understand as well. Knowing him, if given a chance to think about the situation at hand. He'd try to help protect you for my sake if you were to ever need his assistance." Fi responded.

@Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @Kaykay

"As I, with him," Legolas answered, "I would try my best to keep your master out of harm's way. Because I know how much he means to you. For your sake as well." He didn't want to dwell on such a grim topic any more, so he decided to change the topic of their conversation.

"Do you... sing, as others here seem to be skilled at?", he asked, remembering how he hear Aqua and Nicki Minaj sing recently. He was fascinated by the possibility,and wondered if Fi had that talent as well.

@Lizzy

• Love

Thankfully, Crusader managed to break free from her twister with quick thinking! Her speed even broke the twister itself, causing all of the monsters which had been inside of it to fly out along with her. One of the beasts even landed directly on top of Storm as she worked on deflecting her projectiles.

Claire had a stroke of bad luck finally after getting freaking gliders and magical d-link powers for the last few dang rounds. ;). She dodged one of the twisters but got trapped in the second one. Strange looking leech monsters, which had been hiding in the twister, grabbed onto Claire's arms and legs, attempting to get a good taste of her blood...

180px-Tentaclaw_KHD.png

Plutia made it about half-way through the trench before two twisters blocked her path. She could either attempt to run around them or run between the two.

Blast off! Alice made it almost entirely through the trench! However, before she could finish, she found herself sucked into one of the smaller twisters. Nothing was inside it, but the winds spun her around so fast that it jarred her, making her sick to her stomach...

Chloe managed to avoid every twister and found herself at the end of the trench before she knew it! Not bad for an ol average jane. She could either make her way for the treasure chest, or turn around and see if she could help the others in any way. After all, a few of the others weren't doing quite as well...

Meanwhile, Aqua rushed into the trench also. She gasped, concerned when some of her friends were swept up inside the twisters. "Oh no!" If it was that easy for her friends to get caught in the twisters, the children likely would've been sucked in the twisters instantly had they come to this place. Swallowing, Aqua dashed into one of the twisters on purpose. She decided she would check each and every one of them just to make sure the children weren't inside them...

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Bomb @Schnee Corp Lawyer @TheBlueBurch

Well that was one problem to take care off. Crusader would start to fling her hammer towards the scattered monsters to take care of them before they could cause any damage.

And as one of them fell on Storm she'd let out a burst of electricity to fry it into a crisp before continuing forward deflecting the projectiles. Luckily it seemed that she and Crusader had been joined by a number of their companions and they had even managed to reach the chest.

Alice smiled calmly as the found the piece, with Hourai doing a small fistpump and victory dance and Shanghai doing a small twirl of her finger from where she was flopped on Chloe's noggin. Alice nodded waved Hourai over to pick up the piece and turned to face Chloe and the others, who were hopefully free of the storm by now "Well. We did this entirely the opposite order, but I believe we can go get the other piece and get out of here-"

Two very disappointed stares bored into her from the side and atop Chloe's head

"...I mean we can go back to finding those children, of course"

Two very slow nods from the doll sisters :|

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheBlueBurch @Nater Taters

Storm was in earshot when Alice spoke up. "There are children here?" She asked concerned.

@Atomyk @Bomb @Schnee Corp Lawyer @TheBlueBurch @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love
"Oh, dear. If only darling Abel were here to calm you down," Nanaya said out of the blue, "Honestly, with how the business is going on at the Coalition, who knows? He might be already dead thanks to that little Mercy girl we've heard so much about. Wouldn't that be a shame?" He asked, pushing buttons like he was fiddling with a game controller.

"In any case, I'm still peckish. Sakuya-chan, was it?" He asked, already getting somewhat unusually comfortable with the woman, "An apple, please. Just a bite. My hands are a bit full with Miss Fashionista here," he spoke, adjusting his grip on Junko briefly.

Surely something in her mentality had been triggered, and in an instant, Lapis's mark activated and she crystallized Shiki's mouth shut. He could still breathe through his nose, but boy did he manage to push her buttons like that.

"...I would had just crystallized you completely, but I know that I'm not that kind of person to go as low as someone being controlled to be some traitor... You're getting on my nerves already, speaking about Abel like that, and I don't have any patience for it," Lapis shot a glare at Shiki, and would wait a few moments before having the crystallization on his mouth shatter apart instantly.

Surely something in her mentality had been triggered, and in an instant, Lapis's mark activated and she crystallized Shiki's mouth shut. He could still breathe through his nose, but boy did he manage to push her buttons like that.

"...I would had just crystallized you completely, but I know that I'm not that kind of person to go as low as someone being controlled to be some traitor... You're getting on my nerves already, speaking about Abel like that, and I don't have any patience for it," Lapis shot a glare at Shiki, and would wait a few moments before having the crystallization on his mouth shatter apart instantly.

Riley mumbled something. "How do you think I feel with him bringing up Aqua?"

"We actually came at the request of one of our people. Someone currently in your field. He goes by the name of Riley?" Jackson shrugged. "It's fine if you don't know about him. He's a hero in our world. We mainly came to say that if you require anything, just ask."
Both brothers simply walked into the room, not a care given. It seemed they were both tired of dealing with the chaos in the station, no matter how much Abel seemed to gabber on about Kotomine. The demon king yawned as they waited for Chris to begin the process, "Can't wait... to see Lapis again..."​
"Hm, I see," Kotomine said. As he was not an official Coalition member, despite spending much of his time at the base, he did not actually know the identities of those who were currently participating in the Murder Game, as he had little to no access to the Coalition records, but if it was a Survivor, hopefully one that was not a Traitor at that, that was all he needed to know, "For now, fighting against these hostile forces are all that are required. Minimize casualties if it can be helped."

Not that Kotomine actually cared about who lived and died. He simply didn't want Naegi to complain to him, even if the possible despair on his face would be amusing.

Of course, young Makoto Naegi was never one to fall down into despair, was he?

-

The two brothers were led through the scanners, being transported by conveyor belts that they were standing on. Several rays of light would surround their body, and the two individuals would be investigated thoroughly. Indeed, Naoya and Abel were Traitors. It seemed that they were being mind-controlled by the influence of Akibahara, as evidenced by their surprised reactions at Arya and her attacking forces, and their willingness to fight them.

There was little time to proceed any further than that, so Chris had to take the assumptions at face value. Once they reached the end of the conveyor belt, they'd be led into another chamber, where they'd go through a meticulous process of being sprayed with some harmless gas, among more abstract methods like reflections and soul-searching, the "cleansing" process was successful and they were free of Akibahara's influence.

After that, Chris would lead the two of them into one of the Gateway Rooms, where a portal leading them back into the Murder Game would materialize.

"Well, we had to rush through it, but the influence seems to be gone from you guys now. I'm sure your Traitor days are over, so you can rest easy for now..."

@The Silver Paladin @The Tactician

Reactions: Poe Dameron
"Hm, I see," Kotomine said. As he was not an official Coalition member, despite spending much of his time at the base, he did not actually know the identities of those who were currently participating in the Murder Game, as he had little to no access to the Coalition records, but if it was a Survivor, hopefully one that was not a Traitor at that, that was all he needed to know, "For now, fighting against these hostile forces are all that are required. Minimize casualties if it can be helped."

Not that Kotomine actually cared about who lived and died. He simply didn't want Naegi to complain to him, even if the possible despair on his face would be amusing.

-

The two brothers were led through the scanners, being transported by conveyor belts that they were standing on. Several rays of light would surround their body, and the two individuals would be investigated thoroughly. Indeed, Naoya and Abel were Traitors. It seemed that they were being mind-controlled by the influence of Akibahara, as evidenced by their surprised reactions at Arya and her attacking forces, and their willingness to fight them.

There was little time to proceed any further than that, so Chris had to take the assumptions at face value. Once they reached the end of the conveyor belt, they'd be led into another chamber, where they'd go through a meticulous process of being sprayed with some harmless gas, among more abstract methods like reflections and soul-searching, the "cleansing" process was successful and they were free of Akibahara's influence.

After that, Chris would lead the two of them into one of the Gateway Rooms, where a portal leading them back into the Murder Game would materialize.

"Well, we had to rush through it, but the influence seems to be gone from you guys now. I'm sure your Traitor days are over, so you can rest easy for now..."

Jackson nodded. "My soldiers are doing that right now, sir." Initiates James and Matthew were playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. Jackson looked at Kotomine. "I'll be right back. We're just going to check in with the soldiers." He left the room, and went from room to room. In one hallway, there was a standoff between several BoS troops, and several of Arya's troops. One of the BoS soldiers used a Minigun to clear them out. Jackson returned back to the office after a while.

-

Abel threw his hands up in the air with a whoop as he ran for the portal, "Yep, great, nice to know! See ya later!" It seemed he had other things on his mind besides the fact he was a traitor, namely a certain diamond whose shine he had fallen in love with.

"Sorry about him," Naoya shrugged as he at least shook Chris's hand before heading to the portal, "He's just excited about seeing his girlfriend again."

Watch out, Lapis, Abel's coming for the cuddles. (っಠuಠ)っ

@Verite @Gummi Bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.