Status
Not open for further replies.
"Umbrella knew you were killed... and that your body was somewhere in the facility," Lalonde explained, though her speech was a bit slow, as if she needed to think over her wording extra carefully. "I know of your group, obviously, but while your escape seemed to have caused a bit of an initial... erm... hullabaloo, things have been rather quiet. Not that I hear much. What I know about Umbrella is only what they tell me, but they seem happy to have me on board. Who can blame them really?"

Lalonde smiled confidently, a vision of what she was like outside of these stressful circumstances.

"You seem honestly surprised that Umbrella knew you were down there, but then I suppose you must ask why you're here? You hardly look the type to die in some mere accident, so something terrible must have happened, dear. Whether it's Umbrella as a whole that is aware or some internal party... Hm. Who can say? The power structure around here is... odd. Very odd. They have really been messing with that device of theirs." She reached back and down the rest of her drink, before putting it back down delicately on the desk.

"Anyway, yes-- I was revived before you and have been here for about two weeks now. I believe there may have been others, but they didn't work out as I did. It is highly probable they and I were the test subjects before you all were gathered."

@Yun Lee

After Shirou's examination, he would find that the body was riddled with bullets. Considering the rate of fire that was heard, only one gun must have been fired. It seemed that most of the firearms available could fire full clips that resulted in about the same number of bullet wounds.

@Kaykay

Android 18 was hovering over the body looking it over. Shame Krillin wasn't here...this was what he worked with as a cop right? "How are we going to determine who the killer is? We vote?" She said that sarcastically but perhaps that's one way to do it.

@Atomyk @Everyone

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"First Blood"

Believing that the situation had been discussed thoroughly enough, Nick Fury felt it was time to get moving. "Enough dawdling, people!" he barked for all to hear. "You will follow me now. You can come on out now, Miss Maximoff." He left the room, walking into the deeper parts of the warehouse to where a new individual had been waiting. "This should be suitable back-up now."

tumblr_inline_oi02ji0HGI1uxo55n_540.png

"..."

A silent young woman stepped out from the shadows as she was called out. One had to wonder if she was there all that time or had just arrived, but perhaps, either way, it mattered little. If Fury wanted her along, then that must mean that she could be of some use, most likely.

"Oh la la~" Adam said, licking his lips. He looked Wanda up and down and felt his cheeks redden. "Why is she here? Moral support?"

"Sure," Fury said, ushering everyone along once again. "Let's go with that."

Past rows of empty shelves and abandoned storage crates was a ladder that went up to the room above. He pointed to a heavy door nearby and said, "That's where we came in, but you're not going that way. Up this ladder and make it quick."

In the room above, everyone had to crouch down due to the low ceiling. Fury pushed aside a shelf to reveal a hatch that went up into the room above. He tossed a flashlight to Scott before opening the hatch, revealing a dark passage.

"This leads to a water treatment facility. The outpost was originally intended to be self-sufficient, so sewage came through here, some of it being recycled as drinking water." He gave the passage a sidelong glance. "Don't drink the water now. It's been abandoned for a while, and it doesn't seem Umbrella has decided to make us of it. It's gonna damn hard to see, so stick by Mr. Lang and he'll lead you to the next floor. His... unique skillset should aid you in infiltrating the building."

In a few minutes, everyone would have climbed inside, finding themselves in a dark tunnel, where the only light was from Scott's flashlight and the open door below them.

"Once this door closes, it will not open again. We won't be able to extract you, at least not until the other members of the Avengers have breached Umbrella's security. Do not panic and do not let us down. Good luck." With that, Fury closed the hatch shut and all was quiet.

tumblr_o6tm3mZQUs1vsdx6yo2_400.jpg

Scott, who had donned his Ant-Man suit well before the group had left to infiltrate the facility, gave a wave to everybody around.

"Just let me lead the way, team. I've got friends who live down here who managed to tell me about the layout, and it can be pretty easy to get lost in if you don't know your way around," he advised, walking in front of the group.

Ries18.png

"... Friends?" Riesbyfe inquired with something of a deadpan expression. She couldn't fathom what sort of friends Scott could possibly have been talking about. She almost entertained the thought of Morlocks for a moment, straight out of a certain late 19th-century novella, but perhaps that was too crude even for her and the given situation.

The group navigated the dark tunnel for a few minutes, eventually coming to an open area with a pool of water and a dull emergency light flashing above. More tunnels branched off from this point, and the group was forced to linger while Scott tried to figure out the map in his possession.

All seemed calm, at least until a gunshot went off and took out the light above. Scott ended up dropping his flashlight in surprise and it shut off as it smashed against the ground, plunging the group into darkness.

Moments after the flashlight shut off, sounds of shuffling could be heard. Scott yelped and bright lights illuminated the entrance to one of the tunnels. This naturally grabbed attention, but as some stepped forward cautiously to investigate, there was the sound of something smashing against the ground, followed by a burst of gunfire.

Cullen had managed to find the flashlight in the dark, turning it on to illuminate the direction of the sounds, revealing a grisly sight: Alice Twilight's dead body.

9CSLYXk.png

"We just started..." Cullen said quietly.

"W-Woah! Oh, shit! Shit, shit, shit! We're all gonna fucking die down here, huh? Who the hell did this?! Aren't we the only fuckin' ones down here?" Adam looked wildly around. "Yo, Avengers! Ant guy! Hot goth chick! Do something!"

"Where is Scott...?" Riesbyfe asked.

The world had gone dark, but soon everything was white. Feeling a numb pain across her body, Alice would awake in what appeared to be some kind of medical center. A female voice spoke to her, "How are you feeling, dear?"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @TheMythicThird @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Josh M @DBZ7 @penguin055 @Bomb @TheColourlessRainbow @Archwar @Hana @Crimson Spartan @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Kaide` @Mason Moretti @Mami Tomoe @Nater Taters @Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Yang Lee @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @Hachiro Terra @Azuremoon
Alice wasn't hit with one bullet, but an entire series of bullets. If one were to examine the body, it would be easy enough to tell that Alice had been shot largely while she was already face down on the ground. One of her robot arms were broken almost in half, indicating some kind of struggle occurred.

Clark would be able to see that Alice's nose was broken, though that might have been obvious to all considering the amount of blood that had poured from her nose.

"This has to be some kind of joke," Cullen said, moving the flashlight's beam around the room. "Bloody hell!"

It was then that Cullen illuminated a second unmoving body: Scott Lang's. He lay next to the pool of water, one arm hanging over the edge.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Body Investigation
Jason and Cagliostro would be able to determine that the arm was broken through blunt force.

It would appear that in the tunnel entrance where the lights had flashed that there was blood splatter on the wall, as well as a number of burn marks.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Body Investigation
Jason would find that, for some reason, his detective vision wasn't determining whose blood was on the wall. However, it didn't seem to matter, for a cursory glance at Scott's body would determine he had lost no blood. Once he was flipped over, it would be easy to see that his face and the neck of his uniform was wet. Scott's helmet was sitting a distance away.

After Wanda spoke, Cullen snorted dismissively. "So what you're saying is that Umbrella could know we're coming?" He pointed the flashlight's beam around the room, aiming up toward the ceiling. "They're probably watching us right now... Complete rubbish." He looked down at the others. "You telling me one of you has the nerve to carry out what they want, still? To sabotage us?!"

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Body Investigation
There didn't seem to be a struggle beyond a single bruise on the back of Scott's head. His helmet seemed unremarkable beyond being far away from his body.

It would seem that no one in the group had been burnt or had singed clothing.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Body Investigation
"Are you blokes seriously considering searching every single gun between us to determine whether or not they've been fired?" Cullen asked incredulously. "We were in a battle not twenty minutes ago. Everyone's guns were fired." The boy rolled his eyes. "Do you think you're bloody CSI: Umbrella down here? Don't bother digging inside, it would take hours. Those bullets shatter inside the body-- That's why they hurt."

nemJaCC.png

Cullen gestured to one of the guns in Jason's possession. "Mate, I probably know more about every single weapon sticking out of your pants than just about any of you and I can tell you're going to waste your time. Umbrella had no interest in handing out anything fancy. It was all the same, standard issue. Submachine gun, M9, MP5, all the same ammunition. 9mm across the board. They probably don't even give their real troops much more than that. Even your regular guns were changed over unless some of you had some real special ammunition."

It would seem that all of the guns issued by Umbrella carried the same ammo type, so determining which one specifically was fired at Alice was impossible. At the very least, it seemed Ali's gun couldn't have been fired as it carried a totally different ammo type.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Darkseide @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Body Investigation
Schala Zeal
@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Verite @Darkseide @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Atomyk
@Body Investigation

Schala followed the others, not sure if she was signing her own death warrant, but it was far too late to get cold feet now; she had agreed to this, after all. They had the element of surprise, and would have to locate and somehow steal the Tesseract on their own, save for the help of one of the Avengers, as the four who they had previously fought with had been called, at least until the rest of the Avengers could breach Umbrella security.

Closely keeping with the group, she let herself be lead throughout the area... But, as she continued onwards, there was this growing sense of unease welling up in her body. As if every step, lead them closer and closer to some unseen disaster.

And sure enough, that feeling proved to be well founded.

It started with a lone gunshot, before the lights went out, followed by their leader dropping their flashlight in surprise, plunging them in a pitch blackness.

Then, all hell broke loose; she could hear a yelp coming from their leader followed by a series of lights illuminating the end of the tunnel, and then... Something smashing to the ground.

Multiple gunshots then rang out, and then there was silence... Until finally Cullen managed to find the dropped flashlight in the darkness, illuminating the dead body of one of their team members.

As the investigation continued, Schala kept to herself for the most part... Thinking...

It was soon revealed that their leader had also been killed... Likely drowned in some way, possibly after being knocked unconscious, judging from the fact that there was a lone bruise on the back of his head.

Judging from the magnitude of the injuries on Alice's body... And the sheer distance the battle must have taken place over, if the lights illuminating one of the tunnels were anything to go by, likely having been caused by beam sabers, a guess that was only reinforced by the fact that there were multiple burn marks, and blood spatters on the wall.

She must have put up some sort of fight then... But... It looks like her efforts were in vain, even if she might have had their leader's help, since the two deaths had appeared to occur in relatively quick succession.

There were many in the group that could have done this in the timeframe they had... But more importantly, it had to have been someone with a gun, a formideable amount of strength and speed, and profficiency in both close ranged combat, and at the very least, the utilization of small arms.

From what she had seen from him on the battlefield, he was quite the capable fighter... And one that had quite some strength, durability, and speed behind him.

It was hard to say for certain if it was him, as there were certainly others capable of taking both Alice and Antman on after the lights went out, but it was a start.

So, Schala took a shot in the dark, and cleared her throat, seeming to have taken up Android 18 on her suggestion for one reason or another, finally deciding to speak up.

"If we are... Voting... Then... I vote Warpath." She said quietly.

Naturally, she was no detective or anything... And this was her first time trying to figure out who had killed someone else, especially in a freak situation like this.

However, if this was what they had to do to survive... She realized they had little choice, even if this was what Umbrella had wanted.

At least she no longer had that annoying chip controlling her actions anymore...

That counted as something, right?​

"Quite the brutal act... Especially for such a roguish way of attacking..." Joshua murmured as he took a look at both bodies with a sigh. How the hell had none of them been hurt as well? Why were those two targeted? Pondering those thoughts in his mind, he placed a hand on Azura's shoulder to steady her, "Lady Azura, there's no need for you to have to look at the body if it's too much. I'm certain those more... adept to situations like this can handle this investigation ourselves."

@Atomyk @Verite @The Myrmidon @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Kaykay @Hachiro Terra @Everyone

"I have seen death before--my home is torn by war and I fight for peace even under my horrible father's rule unless I face death myself along with my siblings, may I remind you--but, I haven't seen something like this." she would motion to Alice's body, more specifically, the bullet wounds, then to Scott. No, most met death through some form of blade--or magic. "I thought I would be able to handle seeing death without a problem after the first of us fell, but it seems that even now it still bothers me some. Ironic, is it not?" she replied with a sigh. She had seen much more gruesome deaths--especially if you counted Travis Touchdown's. But some people just couldn't get used to such sights like death and grew tired of it.

Closing her eyes for a moment she collected her thoughts, before glancing at the corpses in an attempt to remind herself of the sacrifices she made back home to pretend that all the death around them would end once the war ended and peace would reign. She had to remember her sister and the hardships she and the others went through possibly even before Azura joined them.

"Oh, Azura don't look!"

Road squawked in a mocking voice before acknowledging this Joshua character for the first time since they'd been in Umbrella. The girls elbows pointed out and her fists, balled up now, rested onto her hips.

"Maybe she did it!" That egging glare was back in Road's eyes, "Maybe your precious Azura hides behind a cloak of weakness! I've done it. It's a good cover. Especially when people leap to defend you." Road looked towards this, 'Azura' now, "Listen, blue-bird. Keep your eyes on us. All of us. Vomit if you have to, but looking away might miss you the chance to see someone pull something. Then someone else has their brains dashed against these nasty walls for nothing."

Road didn't actually think it was Azura, but looking away was foolish. Yes - look away from the groups with a KNOWN murdering traitor.

@MurderInvestigationSquad

Azura blinked, caught off guard by Road's little speech. Was she being mocked, or scolded like a child? Either way it was rather sudden.

Road's words left her speechless for a moment--still not expecting such a tone to be used towards her at a time like this. Road actually reminded her of a Nohrian soldier just slightly. She frowned as she thought of how tp respond.

"I'll keep my eyes open. But do you really think that I am a suspect?" she asked, just as Road walked away and began talking to her group. Well, it looked like she won't get an answer direct to her. But, maybe the other just wanted to start some mischief of sorts? Or just get Azura to suck it up and stop talking?

@Atomyk @Verite @The Myrmidon @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Kaykay @Hachiro Terra @Everyone @Investigation

Android 18 was hovering over the body looking it over. Shame Krillin wasn't here...this was what he worked with as a cop right? "How are we going to determine who the killer is? We vote?" She said that sarcastically but perhaps that's one way to do it.

@Atomyk @Everyone
Jason crossed his arms and leaned up against a crate before shrugging.

"Maybe that's not such a bad idea. If we're voting.... I'm gonna vote for Warpath as well, assuming there's only one culprit. The super-human strength and the gunshot wounds go hand-in-hand, though the fire still doesn't make any sense. But I think it could've been there before the murder took place.

@Gands @york @Atomyk @Sen @The Myrmidon @Azuremoon @Takumi @Hana @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @investigation

cq2271V.png

"I have never had siblings, so I am not quite sure."

"This is an entirely new feeling for me."

"... I am unsure of what it means."

@Hana

"Maybe that's not such a bad idea. If we're voting.... I'm gonna vote for Warpath as well, assuming there's only one culprit. The super-human strength and the gunshot wounds go hand-in-hand, though the fire still doesn't make any sense. But I think it could've been there before the murder took place.

@Gands @york @Atomyk @Sen @The Myrmidon @Azuremoon @Takumi @Hana @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @investigation
GD1gDZP.png

Chuckling, the princess reached up and patted the blond man's arm. "Even if you are not a sibling of mine, I think I would still care and worry for you." Alucard was genuinely enjoyable to be around, despite his naturally quiet and withdrawn persona. He was a bit - well, more than just a bit - odd and foreign in a lot of ways, but Hakuei found herself settling just enough around him and Road.

"You are free to think of me like a sister, if that is what you want, though." Her eyes sparkled with amusement at him. "I do not mind having a brother not of my blood."

43J0vGq.png

The interlude with Alucard and Road, and their own thoughts shared with each other in their own group, was a nice reprieve. But it had to end sometime. Upon noticing that the others had begun to place their own guesses on who committed the murder, Hakuei's smile faded.

Warpath seems like a blatantly obvious answer. I can't really go for the easiest choice here.

For now, she would just listen carefully to the proceedings, and take Road and Alucard's words into consideration.

@Azuremoon @Sen @Takumi @york @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Atomyk @Investigation​

gs6Vtvp.png

Following Road's searching gaze, the princess eyed the teal-haired 'robot'. While she didn't really understand the workings of technology in this place - Umbrella and SHIELD had things far advanced past what her world had in terms of man made tools - she was starting to get the train of thought the girl had. "... So because she is a machine, you think she could be more susceptible to being controlled without her knowledge?" If that was the case, theoretically, Miku hadn't done it herself. "If possible, we could question those who were seen studying the use of firearms earlier along with those who own such weapons."

J1xjpo0.png

She narrowed her eyes ever so slightly at Alucard's non-answer. The slight pause in his words hadn't gone unnoticed. "Something about what you saw disturbed you." It was a gentle prod to make the dhampir look back at her. "It may be unrelated to the problem at hand, but it could continue to affect you later onward." Hakuei left off at that, wondering if she had come across as too forceful. The expression on her face turned into one of apology, and she softened her tone, placating. "But if it's not urgent now... I will merely look out for your wellbeing."

@Sen @Azuremoon @Atomyk @Anyone

Z8llmIT.png

"It.. it is nothing. Do not pay me any attention."
He swallowed. Now would be a bad time to have a reaction to seeing blood. He had stopped drinking the blood of humans for quite some time - he wouldn't deny he had done it before. But now... it would be inappropriate. Though the dhampir had a feeling she would continue pushing him until he shared his problems - as humans did. "I simply did not feel well."​
Things were really heating up outside the little tribe they'd formed. Someone had suggested the ridiculous notion of voting who they thought might've done it. Road had been wildly pointing fingers in random direction but... these guys were essentially trying to vote Warpath - a name that seemed to obvious - off the island.

A suggestion of going to rejoin the bigger group was about to be made by Road before she heard Alucard respond to Hakuei's question about his look of unease. It was nice to finally see a chink in his armor. Not really a weakness, but something that made him... relateable. Vampires were deplorable due to an insatiable bloodlust, and the fact that she could imagine he was salivating with thirst. Or hunger. Or how ever Vampire's felt about blood. This was the only time Road had held her tongue since she got here. She wondered if Alucard could tell that she knew exactly why he was in such unease, but the grin on her face seemed it was not a prelude to jesting him over it.

tumblr_lrl0vwcoh21qeh93go2_250.gif

"Let's get back over there... standing away like this might make them suspicious. Stay-" the girl paused and looked away for a moment, something that seemed more and more common before she talked as if she was worrying about them, "...-stay close to me. I know you're both capable of foreseeing danger and acting safely, but... let me pull you guys out if anything happens. Safest alternative."

@Sen @Hana

"Hnn, so they drowned him instead of just beatin' him to death, huh? If it was just one guy with superhuman strength, they'd have just punched a hole in the guy's head, or just punched right through his helmet. So I agree, it looks like two different people."

With that Shirou pulled his Desert Eagle out of his jacket, the large pistol sitting firmly in his hand. Chains formed around his arm before he held it up towards the ceiling.

"Needless to say, it's a .50 cal. Like hell I'd need a buncha bullets to put down one person with this. Not to mention, my bullets aren't something anyone else can reproduce."

Assuming that explanation was enough for anyone who might have suspected him, he spun it around before sheathing it again. Not only would it be inefficient to blast someone like this with a pistol, but it'd take too long. Just a headshot would've done the trick. So, whoever did this must have had a way to fire rapidly. An automatic? Or maybe he'd assumed there to be more shots than there were. To ascertain this, Shirou took a glance to see how many bullet holes there were.

He took a glance at Setsuna. Her expression seemed pretty stoic, but there had to be something going on in that head of hers. She'd managed a smile earlier at least, so she wasn't a literal emotionless robot or something.

"Oi, whatcha think about all this? Who do ya suspect? That's what I want next."

@Hospes @Atomyk

Seeming content to just listen to what Shirou had to say about her little summary, Setsuna remained quiet for the moment of dreams, merely hearing out his words. Determining he had agreed with her, she simply gave a small nod. Just in time to hear Jason's words, which caused another small pause to think. "...It is a possibility," she agreed. But something came to her, moments after. "...What sort of weapon did Alice wield? Did she possess any heat source?" she inquired, briefly furrowing her brows. "Perhaps it is further indication of her struggle, if so." Regardless of the answer, something unexpected happened.

301772-kyoshiro_ep05_19_super.jpg

A mildly surprised expression crossed Setsuna's face when Shirou asked her what she thought on the matter, as though such an inquiry was uncommon- or completely new, even -to her. Kyoshiro wasn't one to ask her on her thoughts often, if at all, and the only time she could recall him asking such a thing was when he asked her what she thought of Kuu. So naturally, it took the Absolute Angel a few moments to figure out how she was to respond.

What did she think?

It was absurd, how difficult it was to compose her thoughts. Hell, to think independently, period. She asked herself the same question, over and over- what did she think? Who did she think did this? But it was to no avail as her gaze drifted over the others present, her mind simultaneously going over the evidence. "...I don't know," she finally spoke, at first. "It is likely the shooter possessed superhuman strength, but it is possible that someone with such strength merely held them down while someone else shot them, rendering the need for at least one of the culprits to possess both irrelevant and thus widening the suspects. In addition, it would appear whoever killed the S.H.I.E.L.D. man does not possess heightened strength, but that is the most we know."

Pausing once more, Setsuna turned her gaze to the ground, looking more solemn than before. "I... I apologize, Shirou..." she murmured. "Are you displeased with me..?" Well. Looked like her uncertainty on the matter had her getting worried that the male would be upset with her for it. Oops.

@Kaykay @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Josh M @Mason Moretti @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Everyone​

"I assume you point the blam-ey end at what you want to kill."

Road then made a, her first and to her knowledge *the* first, finger-gun and began shooting it at the downed cyborg.

"So... Clark? Myself? Aquamarine over there-" Road lifted an arm and gestured to Miku, "-What if it's someone who's been hiding their strength like I have? So many variable, detective! Do you want us to go line up against the wall or somethin'" That was only half a joke.
Contrary to what Hakuei might've thought... no. Road hadn't been putting up a front. She couldn't help that she was naturally, as Alucard thought her, a bit impish. Manipulative and stirred the pot whenever she could, but now was different. Especially with them. As soon as Hakuei called her name, Road simply walked away from the scene to be closer to them. To be honest, the 'imp' she kept being was more of a front then who'd she'd been with these two.

Road, however, saw nothing wrong with how she'd been acting. Seven lifetimes of being raised to believe such behavior was actually rewarded by the Noah family would do that.

Now that she was in confidentiality with these two, her expression changed to show her concern. Her brow furrowed and her cheek could be seen moving as she chewed on it, nervously.

ROghxdM.jpg

"What do I think?" she spoke, "I think Clark might've killed them. A goody with Umbrella's stuff in his head but..." Road eyed the one she'd called aquamarine earlier. Miku. "They taught her to shoot a gun at Umbrella. They said she's a... robot? A machine?. She has superhuman strength... maybe those machines in her can make her do things she doesn't realize she's doing. I've..." she looked down, "-done something similar, in the past."

Was that shame on her face? It was, but... also confusion. She didn't understand why she felt shame in that now, when a moment ago, she'd admired Umbrella a bit. What was it about these two that made want to be... good? The expression washed away and she looked back up with a look that said, 'what do you think?'

@Sen @Hana
Hearing more about Road's past always brought sadness the man of tomorrow.

1.jpg

"Your life has never been easy, has it Road?"

In a way, Clark understood where she coming from, how a family burdens their child and you never seem to get away from it, from them. However, two people just died. Clark need to focus on that.

"As for who killed ant-man and Alice?, I've heard my name thrown around about Alice, and I get it. I know I could have done this, but it simple wasn't me. As for Warpath? He seems strong enough, stealth enough, and quick enough, but I don't feel conformable with accusing him with out more proof."

@Atomyk @Verite @The Myrmidon @Azuremoon @Hana @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Kaykay @Jeremi

Seeming content to just listen to what Shirou had to say about her little summary, Setsuna remained quiet for the moment of dreams, merely hearing out his words. Determining he had agreed with her, she simply gave a small nod. Just in time to hear Jason's words, which caused another small pause to think. "...It is a possibility," she agreed. But something came to her, moments after. "...What sort of weapon did Alice wield? Did she possess any heat source?" she inquired, briefly furrowing her brows. "Perhaps it is further indication of her struggle, if so." Regardless of the answer, something unexpected happened.

A mildly surprised expression crossed Setsuna's face when Shirou asked her what she thought on the matter, as though such an inquiry was uncommon- or completely new, even -to her. Kyoshiro wasn't one to ask her on her thoughts often, if at all, and the only time she could recall him asking such a thing was when he asked her what she thought of Kuu. So naturally, it took the Absolute Angel a few moments to figure out how she was to respond.

What did she think?

It was absurd, how difficult it was to compose her thoughts. Hell, to think independently, period. She asked herself the same question, over and over- what did she think? Who did she think did this? But it was to no avail as her gaze drifted over the others present, her mind simultaneously going over the evidence. "...I don't know," she finally spoke, at first. "It is likely the shooter possessed superhuman strength, but it is possible that someone with such strength merely held them down while someone else shot them, rendering the need for at least one of the culprits to possess both irrelevant and thus widening the suspects. In addition, it would appear whoever killed the S.H.I.E.L.D. man does not possess heightened strength, but that is the most we know."

Pausing once more, Setsuna turned her gaze to the ground, looking more solemn than before. "I... I apologize, Shirou..." she murmured. "Are you displeased with me..?" Well. Looked like her uncertainty on the matter had her getting worried that the male would be upset with her for it. Oops.

@Kaykay @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Josh M @Mason Moretti @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Everyone​
Jason actually believed that she had a solid theory of what happened.

"No. Actually, you did good, kid." He said before standing over her body from the viewpoint of where he imagined the shooter would be. "So someone here with superhuman strength held her down, right? That would explain the struggle. The first gunshot was just a distraction. Hell, when Scott dropped his flashlight it might not have been out of shock, but rather someone hit him in the back of the head, causing him to drop it. While the lights were cut out Alice was held down by someone with superhuman strength while someone else shot her. If that's the correct theory, maybe one of Umbrella's men shot her."

@Kaykay @Atomyk @Josh M @Verite @Mason Moretti @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @people

James Proudstar - Warpath

" Nice, remember we only get so many uses of Scarlet Witch's ability. Use it to reveal someone innocent doesn't do us any good. I'm pretty certain there were two people, more shapes in the darkness really near Alice. Not to mention whoever did Ant Man". Worse for you Arkham, I've never fired those guns and that's easy to tell by scent alone. Now it is true, I could have done part of it, but it seems unlikely that I could have zipped over there, done the dead and slipped back near Lucifer where I was standing. Now, as unlikely as it seems based on his personality that he's shown us, Kent is fast enough to zip over there, beat the tar out of Alice, use his heat vision, whap Ant Man on the back of the head and move back behind us without any of us being the wiser. Line up the superhuman strength folks, pick one and lets move on. If I am picked ? so be it, get it over with".

@thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9

"Umbrella knew you were killed... and that your body was somewhere in the facility," Lalonde explained, though her speech was a bit slow, as if she needed to think over her wording extra carefully. "I know of your group, obviously, but while your escape seemed to have caused a bit of an initial... erm... hullabaloo, things have been rather quiet. Not that I hear much. What I know about Umbrella is only what they tell me, but they seem happy to have me on board. Who can blame them really?"

Lalonde smiled confidently, a vision of what she was like outside of these stressful circumstances.

"You seem honestly surprised that Umbrella knew you were down there, but then I suppose you must ask why you're here? You hardly look the type to die in some mere accident, so something terrible must have happened, dear. Whether it's Umbrella as a whole that is aware or some internal party... Hm. Who can say? The power structure around here is... odd. Very odd. They have really been messing with that device of theirs." She reached back and down the rest of her drink, before putting it back down delicately on the desk.

"Anyway, yes-- I was revived before you and have been here for about two weeks now. I believe there may have been others, but they didn't work out as I did. It is highly probable they and I were the test subjects before you all were gathered."

@Yun Lee

After Shirou's examination, he would find that the body was riddled with bullets. Considering the rate of fire that was heard, only one gun must have been fired. It seemed that most of the firearms available could fire full clips that resulted in about the same number of bullet wounds.

@Kaykay
It was all very strange, even with the fact that she had apparently died. "The device...you mean that portal they showed us earlier? If I remember correctly we are to be used as soldiers against our will. I'm guessing that will be what I do after...what is it you and I are doing here? Just making sure everything is going well with my new body? Then what?" Was she going back to the fight, or was she going to be given another job as Lalonde was? She had no idea anymore of what was going to happen. Her life had suddenly become one surprise after the next.

@Atomyk @Afterlife​

"Umm... If you don't mind..." Doremi asked. "Would you like to pick the song first?" It seems like Doremi wasn't confident enough to pick a song for herself.

@Kaide` @Otto
The android nodded, beginning to think back to some of the easiest and simplest songs she knew of. She held countless songs within her databank, in both Japanese and English. It boiled down to picking one that Doremi was likely to know as well.
7XEf2Ps.png

"... How about "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"?" She asked curiously after a moments thought.​

@Bomb @Otto #Anybody
"Sure..." Doremi would agree with the song being simple enough. When both were ready to sing, Doremi would close her eyes, and held her hands to her chest. Then, she unexpectedly let out some beautiful words.

When both were finished with their parts, Doremi was surprised at what just happened.

DDy3zUP.png

"I can still sing?? But..." Doremi would question and trued to sing the song she previously tried to sing. Nothing. Only silence was in the air.

"What could this mean..." Doremi would ponder, not realizing that the song she once used to soothe many, was forgotten.

@Kaide` @Otto
With how the investigation was going, Blake could see that some were already placing their thoughts onto one individual. It felt a bit quick for that type of decision, but they didn't have much time before another murder could be done... He didn't want to think on this any further.

As to put ease to his mind, he figured that he would check on Miku and Doremi. Surely with how Alice was close to them, he knew that their spirits were at a relative low at this moment...

tumblr_inline_ng0i80nzJ61shpc29.png

"Well... that's a relatively nice duet you two have going there. I wouldn't mind hearing it from time to time."

Blake smiled lightly while stepping over to them. Even as he originally came here to check up on them, he couldn't help but feel that he primarily wanted someone to give him some reassurance and ease of mind...

@Kaide` @Bomb @Otto

Jason actually believed that she had a solid theory of what happened.

"No. Actually, you did good, kid." He said before standing over her body from the viewpoint of where he imagined the shooter would be. "So someone here with superhuman strength held her down, right? That would explain the struggle. The first gunshot was just a distraction. Hell, when Scott dropped his flashlight it might not have been out of shock, but rather someone hit him in the back of the head, causing him to drop it. While the lights were cut out Alice was held down by someone with superhuman strength while someone else shot her. If that's the correct theory, maybe one of Umbrella's men shot her."

@Kaykay @Atomyk @Josh M @Verite @Mason Moretti @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @people

rsz_setsuna__1__by_teh_zombish-dav633g.jpg

Well, that was enough to make Setsuna brighten back up a bit, even giving another smile akin to that she'd only shown before for Shirou. Though, despite seeming happy about Jason's approval, she still obviously was waiting to see Shirou's reaction as well. After all, while her purpose was to please everyone she could, she really was starting to see the redhead as her master. Even if temporarily. And her master's approval took precedence above all else. Nonetheless...

"...Unless someone here was merely disguised as one of us, I cannot see the shooter being one of Umbrella's men. Unless they are a double-agent," she spoke with uncertainty. "If it had been one of their men, it would seem most likely that we would have heard them running back from wherever they came, as they clearly aren't here. Unless this sewer is equipped with defense systems... Which is highly unlikely." Despite that statement, she briefly glanced around, as though searching just in case. Satisfied that this was not the case, she fell quiet again after saying one last thing. "It is still most probable that it was one of our ranks responsible."

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Mason Moretti @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Gands @Everyone​

" That is also true. Kent could have done it, but why would he have used the gun to kill her? It doesn't add to me. I mean, if he had the super strength and was already hurting her, why not just break her spine or knock into the water and hold her down like what was done to Ant-man? Also, it was dark. I am sure that not many could see a damn thing once that flashlight was out, well at least I sure couldn't see a damn thing," he said to the others.

@Gands @thatguyinthestore

rsz_setsuna__1__by_teh_zombish-dav633g.jpg

Well, that was enough to make Setsuna brighten back up a bit, even giving another smile akin to that she'd only shown before for Shirou. Though, despite seeming happy about Jason's approval, she still obviously was waiting to see Shirou's reaction as well. After all, while her purpose was to please everyone she could, she really was starting to see the redhead as her master. Even if temporarily. And her master's approval took precedence above all else. Nonetheless...

"...Unless someone here was merely disguised as one of us, I cannot see the shooter being one of Umbrella's men. Unless they are a double-agent," she spoke with uncertainty. "If it had been one of their men, it would seem most likely that we would have heard them running back from wherever they came, as they clearly aren't here. Unless this sewer is equipped with defense systems... Which is highly unlikely." Despite that statement, she briefly glanced around, as though searching just in case. Satisfied that this was not the case, she fell quiet again after saying one last thing. "It is still most probable that it was one of our ranks responsible."

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Mason Moretti @The Myrmidon @Takumi @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Gands @Everyone​
She was right. They would have heard one of Umbrella's men enter and escape, especially because they were in a sewer. And he wasn't seeing and exits at the moment, aside from where they came from.

"Well, Umbrella's men are out of the question. But Warpath does make a point. The lights were out only for about ten seconds. The only one capable of achieving such a feat is Superma- Clark. Though, from where I come from at least, Clark wouldn't be the type of person to do that."
" That is also true. Kent could have done it, but why would he have used the gun to kill her? It doesn't add to me. I mean, if he had the super strength and was already hurting her, why not just break her spine or knock into the water and hold her down like what was done to Ant-man? Also, it was dark. I am sure that not many could see a damn thing once that flashlight was out, well at least I sure couldn't see a damn thing," he said to the others.

@Gands @thatguyinthestore
Lucifer also raised a fair point. Jason knew that Clark could easily just kill Alice by breaking her spine or hell, he could probably rip her head off with her bare hands. He would have no reason to use a gun.

"Sorry, but my vote against Warpath still stands, at least for now. It's nothing personal, I promise. If it turns out you're innocent, that's great for you. But if there's anything I learned... it's that you can't trust anyone these days."

@Gands @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Atomyk @Verite @Bomb @Kay Kay @people

What did she think?

As he thought, her own independent thinking was seriously stunted. Though she did offer one thing. It was possible that there were actually three culprits. Two on one to hold Alice down and shoot her, and a third to drown Scott. Or, there were two, and whoever had superhuman strength was only marginally so, and thus only managed to drown Scott. The shooter was only there to finish Alice. A third possibility was the shooter had shot Alice and drowned Scott after running out of bullets.

Or even a fourth possibility was that Scott hadn't even been drowned, and had died to whatever caused that bruise on his head. Or even stranger, something that left no physical marks. Perhaps a way to induce death without touch? Wouldn't be the first time he'd encountered something like that. Simply being wet didn't mean he'd drowned after all. He stole a glance at the bruise to check the severity, if possible.

He glanced over at Setsuna while he thought over the possibilities. While she murmured and stared at the ground, he pat her on the shoulder with a smirk on his face.

"The hell you apologizing for? You did what I said, right? What's with that face, I ain't got any idea on what happened either. So let's find out instead of staring at the ground like it's some sort of beautiful woman. Yeah?"

@Hospes @Atomyk

e5aA65K.png

"Ten seconds?" Cullen asked, looking at Jason. "Where are you getting that? Sure it happened fast, but I don't recall any of us taking out a stopwatch. You really seem intent on throwing out some weird theories so let me break it down for you as I understand it--" Cullen aimed his flashlight at the burn marks on the wall. "So some flashing lights go off and you assume it has nothing to do with those marks? That they were there long before this place was abandoned? That seems quite a coincidence. Unless you think we're not the only ones here as you're suggesting." Cullen gestured to Wanda. "This one confirmed we're the only ones down here at the moment, so the only Umbrella men who could have shot her are among us."

Pausing, Cullen thought a moment before turning to Setsuna. "... I think she's talking the most sense here. You just seem to be creating your own clues for us. No, a gun went off and took out the light above us and Ant-Man dropped this flashlight. Obviously, he was hit in the head after that and judging by the wound, it wasn't the hit that killed him."

The wound at the back of Scott's head wasn't too severe. It was likely he still had consciousness after he had been hit.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Hana @Verite @Darkseide @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Jeremi @Body Investigation

Last edited:
She was right. They would have heard one of Umbrella's men enter and escape, especially because they were in a sewer. And he wasn't seeing and exits at the moment, aside from where they came from.

"Well, Umbrella's men are out of the question. But Warpath does make a point. The lights were out only for about ten seconds. The only one capable of achieving such a feat is Superma- Clark. Though, from where I come from at least, Clark wouldn't be the type of person to do that."

Lucifer also raised a fair point. Jason knew that Clark could easily just kill Alice by breaking her spine or hell, he could probably rip her head off with her bare hands. He would have no reason to use a gun.

"Sorry, but my vote against Warpath still stands, at least for now. It's nothing personal, I promise. If it turns out you're innocent, that's great for you. But if there's anything I learned... it's that you can't trust anyone these days."

@Gands @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Atomyk @Verite @Bomb @Kay Kay @people
As he thought, her own independent thinking was seriously stunted. Though she did offer one thing. It was possible that there were actually three culprits. Two on one to hold Alice down and shoot her, and a third to drown Scott. Or, there were two, and whoever had superhuman strength was only marginally so, and thus only managed to drown Scott. The shooter was only there to finish Alice. A third possibility was the shooter had shot Alice and drowned Scott after running out of bullets.

Or even a fourth possibility was that Scott hadn't even been drowned, and had died to whatever caused that bruise on his head. Or even stranger, something that left no physical marks. Perhaps a way to induce death without touch? Wouldn't be the first time he'd encountered something like that. Simply being wet didn't mean he'd drowned after all. He stole a glance at the bruise to check the severity, if possible.

He glanced over at Setsuna while he thought over the possibilities. While she murmured and stared at the ground, he pat her on the shoulder with a smirk on his face.

"The hell you apologizing for? You did what I said, right? What's with that face, I ain't got any idea on what happened either. So let's find out instead of staring at the ground like it's some sort of beautiful woman. Yeah?"

@Hospes @Atomyk
rsz_kts_dvd6_15_by_teh_zombish-dat83xi.jpg

Well, Shirou's words were enough to bring Setsuna back from whatever uncertainty and dismay she'd been facing, a smile gracing her lips once more as she nodded in understanding. "...Yes, Shirou. Thank you." It was admittedly very odd to her, that she was not being scolded for not being able to further assist, but the woman was grateful nonetheless. No one had ever shown her such kindness before and, while unusual, it was... Comforting. Reassuring. Just flat out nice, actually. Though she wasn't sure what was up with his comment about her staring at the ground like it was a beautiful woman. Did people usually stare at beautiful woman? If so, she'd have to keep that in mind. She wanted to keep up a normal appearance, after all.

Somebody help this poor, clueless soul.

Glancing to Jason, she once again listened to what he had to say. Once again, it had merit, but there were more possibilities... Possibly. "It is possible that this Superma- Clark-" Oh God, it appeared that Setsuna mistook Jason's little slipup as Clark's actual name being 'Superma- Clark'. Rest in peace. "-is not the only one with the speed required to accomplish such a feat. Not mentioning that there is no saying exactly how long the lights were out, especially as stress in a situation often renders humans' ability to tell how much time has passed inaccurate. While engaged in our earlier fight, I sadly was too occupied with the man of iron to observe who on our side possessed superhuman speeds... If they were indeed required. But if people are willing to share their abilities, it may help in our search," she stated.

Placing a hand over her chest, she spoke once again. "I possess strength and speed superior to that of a human's, as is said for all Absolute Angels." She didn't bother mentioning that use of her abilities drained her of Eternal Mana, which led to her body ceasing to function unless given a kiss to 'refuel', figuring it was irrelevant. Letting her hand drop, she uttered one last phrase. "There. I have started the process, yes?"

@thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Verite @Josh M @Atomyk @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Gands @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Everyone​

"It's not a portal," she said as if it was obvious. "It's an unlimited energy source, or something of that nature. They used it to bring you here, but also to make your new body. Its capabilities are beyond measurable, which is why I assume this group Umbrella stole it from want it back so badly..."

She looked around the room momentarily, as if looking for something. "... Yes, I am here to see how you're doing with the new body. You're the first to go through it after myself and the other test subjects. I very much doubt they will send you to fight the others, though I guess it is possible they'll want you to fight the people outside. You see, I just don't really know."

@Yun Lee

e5aA65K.png

"Ten seconds?" Cullen asked, looking at Jason. "Where are you getting that? Sure it happened fast, but I don't recall any of us taking out a stopwatch. You really seem intent on throwing out some weird theories so let me break it down for you as I understand it--" Cullen aimed his flashlight at the burn marks on the wall. "So some flashing lights go off and you assume it has nothing to do with those marks? That they were there long before this place was abandoned? That seems quite a coincidence. Unless you think we're not the only ones here as you're suggesting." Cullen gestured to Wanda. "This one confirmed we're the only ones down here at the moment, so the only Umbrella men who could have shot her are among us."

Pausing, Cullen thought a moment before turning to Setsuna. "... I think she's talking the most sense here. You just seem to be creating your own clues for us. No, a gun went off and took out the light above us and Ant-Man dropped this flashlight. Obviously, he was hit in the head after that and judging by the wound, it wasn't the hit that killed him."

The wound at the back of Scott's head wasn't too severe. It was likely he still had consciousness.

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @The Myrmidon @Archwar @Kaide` @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Hospes @Takumi @Gands @Azuremoon @penguin055 @Sen @Hana @Verite @Darkseide @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Jeremi @Body Investigation
Jason nodded at what Cullen was saying. He wasn't about to argue, mainly because he was right for the most part.

"Alright. So we're the only ones down here, right? That means that someone fired off their gun, hit Scott in the back of the head, and probably held him down until he drowned. Because if he did have consciousness he would have gotten up, right? Though even if it wasn't ten seconds, I mean I was just making an estimated guess, there's no way that one man could have done all of this in the amount of time, which provides further evidence that there is more than one culprit. But who did kill Scott?" Jason would examine the bruise on Scott's head again, this time to determine what Scott was hit with by looking at the size of the bruise and such.

@Atomyk @Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.