Monsters Beyond the Fog [p]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Angelos sort of huffed and went to hop on next branch back in the direction of the darken part of the forest. As he moved along he remembered what the water sprites had said only ones who be powerful enough to make such things happen were demons, humans, enlighten ones, and the god of monsters. "Demons huh?" Then went to pause on branch maybe it was time to visit the demons. And went to head where he knew where the demons lived.

"Well some of us can be good." He says to Marc. "Honestly the way the files and books described the creatures here. I thought all of y'all would be scary and mean, but I guess both out stories can be wrong." James mused at him. "I guess that's the problem with stories they can over exaggerate." Then remembered something. "You know what I forgot something. Going to dig in his pocket for a moment. "The amber pieces you gave me I used one to make this. My mother showed me how to make charms." Chuckling softly. "I doubt I have any of her magical abilities, but I do still remember how to make them. I left it with an open loops so you could put it on anything."
364E7CF2-4A8A-4B86-AA24-EF1561C00829.jpeg

Marc gave a nod in agreement, suppose both of their stories was wrong but some truth behind it. So much so that some creatures where indeed mean and scary yet others were pretty average and more so scared than anything else. Others just held onto grudges like their lives depended on it. Then blinked when James pulled out the amber he had gave them; his token of apperciation to them freeing him from the trap. He gave this audible gasp at the wrapping around the stone and how pretty it looked. He went to gently take it in his hand to look at it up close, "This is amazing! Its so beautiful and intricate; I'm so glad the amber was of use to you,"

"I'm glad you like it." James says to him and smiled abut at the other. "The stone was so beautiful I couldn't help myself." Telling him and went to chuckle a bit. "I'm glad we helped you. Because we found some interesting information and I want to explore this forest more." Telling him and looked at the other. "I've always been in the city, so this is all new and wondrous."

Marc gave a grin at the other, "I'm also glad you helped me out. I have always wondered about humans and watched them from afar, but never got the chance to speak to any of them," he responded with a small shrug and handed the stone back over to James. Shifting in his chair a bit to turn to face the other more as they talked so he could look him in the face and what not, "Also I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't. I would've been someones catch of the day and I wasn't about to have that,"

"Well since we are going to be working together. How about we get to know each other." James says to him and went to smile at the other. "I'll tell you whatever you like to know about humans or me." He says to him as Marc wasn't a human on streets of the city. Marc had nothing to gain by knowing him which was very refreshing to him. In the city you had to be careful who you trust.

The deer eyes went wide with excitement, his little tail wiggling as part of it, and he gave an excited nod, "And you can ask me whatever you want as well! I'm always happy to answer any questions about creatures or the forest," was his response and then had to think of a question. What would be more knowledgable? Asking about humans as a whole or just about James himself? Logic dictated that asking about James first would be better. He could ask about humans as a whole sometime later in their conversation, and he then asked the other curiously, "Do you have any family or a herd, James? What is your life like in the city and as a guard for the city?"

James could see Marc's excitement which was nice. It was nice to have someone excited to know about him and what he does. Most people assume that people in Royal Guard were all assholes. Some were he would admit that but he wasn't that type. "I do have family. I have my mom, my younger brother, and twin sister. My father died when I was younger." Telling him. "I see them during when I have some down time." He says to him. "My life is pretty busy as Royal Guard. Most of the time I answer to domestic problems. Which means problems at the home. Like robberies, fights, abuse of spouses or children, or general problems. I spend most of my time doing that." Which explained how well James blocked Marc from certain situations making him feel safe. "I'm actually on my eighth year now. So I should be moving up in my ranks."

Oh so James was a protector of the innocent. No wonder Marc felt safe around the other and he was so protective of the satyr; it was natural instinct at this point. Also, he had a family back in the city. He didn't know where his own family was anymore as they had moved on many years ago from the light forest into the Draken forest. "I see, does that mean Jaylin has been doing this longer than you since he has s different colored badger? Or well had a different colored badge?" He asked curiously, reaching a hand out to touch the others chest where the bronze badge sat.

James felt the other touch his chest where the bronze badge was. "Oh yea, Jaylin been doing it longer than me. Or at least I think he has. I haven't really asked him yet." Telling Marc and smiled a bit. "To tell you the truth me and him have had more interactions today then the time I've worked." He then went to smile. "What about you any family?" Asking him.

Ah so Jaylin was also a new face for the other as well as himself and Angelos. Marc moved his hand from James' chest and gave a small tilt of his head; his own family. "Well I also have a twin brother, and two sisters. My parents are both still alive, well I think they are at least, but I haven't seen them in a long time," he answered to the other with a small shrug, "Satyr are migraiting creatures like regular deer. They left the light forest for deeper in the Draken forest. I stayed cause I don't like traveling around like they do," Marc paused for a moment and ran a hand through his curled brown hair, "My whole herd went with them as well; my aunts, uncles and such. I have no idea if they're alive or not,"

"So satyrs migrate that's vert interesting actually." James says to him and smiled a bit. Then heard that Marc had a sister and twin brother as well. And that he wasn't sure if his parents were alive. He then went to place a hand on Marc's shoulders. "You obviously missed them. I think not knowing can be worse part of not seeing your family."

James' hand on his shoulder was warm, strong and he could feel the others' callouses on his softer skin. Marc looked at James and gave a small nod in agreement, "It is kinda hard; they should be passing through this spring hopefully but sometimes they don't cause of their migrating pattern," he said softly and looked down at his own hands for a moment before looking back to James, "Do you see your family often? Is that something humans do?"

"I do sometimes. I usually see them every month or at least try too." James responded to him. "My job can be very time consuming. I don't know how it is for all humans but I like to think most would make time for there families." He says to him. "I know until I make it home I won't see them for awhile, but I plan to write my mom and my siblings."

Marc gave a small nod in understanding, then looked up when footsteps were outside the door. Opening up it was Jaylin who was re-entering from outside the cottage and he gave a small awkward wave to the two of them. "Angelos is gone, so we should also probably head on back with our information for the guard. There is a lot going on in the forest and we're going to need to find some literature about it,"

James then looked up when someone came in seeing it was Jaylin. Hearing that Angelos indeed had left, and they should head back with the information. "It is getting late." Agreeing with Jaylin and looked to Mark. "We'll be back tomorrow though. We still have much to investigate."

Marc gave a small pout at them leaving, but understood why. Giving a nod he gave a smile and spoke up with, "Alright, you guys can come find me at any point in time or I'll come to you," He then stood up to follow them out the door. Jaylin gave a small nod and he was ready to head back. He had had about enough of the forest and was ready to head in for a bed and some good food.

James could tell mark was disappointed at the fact they were leaving. "You could meet us as the edge of the forest." He says to him and went to wave bye to Marc. Going back to the town of Morganar they were met with pleather of questions about what had happened in forest. And did they see any strange creatures in there. Feeling it was best to leave out the fact they met Marc and Angelos. Just telling them they did see weird things but only glimpses. But they did get to meet some water sprite. And learned a little about the forest.
——————————————————

The week drifted by as the investigation continued. The mist stop killing for two days and killed again. But this time not in the town Morganar. Investigating was difficult especially in forest. The creatures hid where they were at or constantly migrated. Angelos actually disappeared for like a day. Even though progress was slow James was enjoying spending time with Marc and generally learning about him when they had free time in the evening. Angelos still didn't open up about himself as he was stubborn and was constantly playing with Jaylin's badge he had took from him. Occasionally humming to himself when he waited for them at Marc's home resting on nearby trees.

On one of there typical early morning Angelos was laying on his back on nearby branch near Marc's house. Lazily playing with the badge as he waited for James and Jaylin. Listening to Marc do his chores. Allowing the sun to dapple as he laid on two of his arms under his head. The other two playing with the badge as leg hung off. Humming his usual tune when he actually began to sing a little bit and would occasionally switch back to humming once more. "You ought to think love will prevail….there's no happy endings not here and now. This tale is all sorrow and woes… You might dream that justice and peace win the day, but that's not story goes….. I once loved a man, and he thought well of me. We thought we live we'd be happy together, but now I'm alone as you can see, and he's cold in his grave forever….yes, there's no happy endings not here and now. This tale is all sorrow and woes…"

James had gotten up early, him and Jaylin were heading back to Marc's place to see where they could check next. The forest path to Marc was becoming easier to navigate at least to there. Today they were going to investigate another part that wasn't the dark part of the Draken Forest. Apparently there was clearing spot which was like a major sort of area to maybe bump into some migrating creatures. When they drew closer and heard something near Marc's home which was Angelos actually singing as they grew closer he made out the words. "I didn't know he could sing." He whispered to Jaylin as the mothman looked comfortable on the branch. Not wanting to disturb Angelos as he began to hum again.

The week was honestly one of the more exciting weeks Jaylin could've imagined. Sure the investigation was at a snails pace, most were, but he got to see more of the forest everyday. He was quickly enjoying seeing all that the Draken forest held in its mysterious thickness and darkness. As well as enjoying spending time with Marc and Angelos; the two where interesting to say the least and Jaylin could see James was enjoying the satyr more than he dared admit. Angelos though was more of a mystery than that of the forest itself; seeming to keep to himself most of the time but Jaylin was happy to have little answers. He could do enough talking for the both of them it felt like sometimes.

Meanwhile, carrying a basket of different herbs was Marc. Knowing the mothman was nearby from the singing, also he kept nearby a lot of the time now, and the young satyr was moving about in the garden beside his home. Marc grew most of his plant based things there for medicine and food as well. What he couldn't grow he usually traded for or bought from other creatures in the light forest as not much edible plants grew in the dark parts of the forest.

He was excitedly waiting for Jaylin and James to come again like they promised yesterday. He was really warming up to that of the humans and found more interest in James than Jaylin. The man was just so kind, protective and sweet that he couldn't help himself at this point. Could say it was a crush or extreme fondness; whichever it was he just knew he was always excited for their arrival. Listening to the mothman in the tree singing to himself and humming; Marc was pulling down some bedsheets from a line outside his house after tending to the small garden.

As the two approached, Jaylin looked up in the tree for Angelos and gave this smile at the song. What a strange set of lyrics for such a song, and he agreed with James quietly that he also didn't know a mothman could sing? Wouldn't that be more for something of a butterfly type? He wasn't entirely sure that was for a fact. Still, Jaylin hated to interrupt the other but he leaned up against the tree Angelos was in and spoke up, "Thats a lovely song; you have a great voice Ange,"

917b82d1a6d9884ff56b10a15a9be8c1.jpg

James saw that Marc was working in his little makeshift garden and went over to him. "Morning Marc." He says to him with a small smile. Seeing he was collecting some herbs. "What do you have there?" Asking him as went near the other. Looking at all the different herbs he had, and loved hearing Marc talk about all the different plants. Maybe he was crushing on him a little bit. Honestly he wasn't sure he sometimes had hard time telling the difference between his platonic love for a friend and romantic love as potential partner. But whatever he just like being near him and hearing him talk about things he enjoyed.

Angelos was humming the melody when he heard Jaylin's voice under him. Rubbing his eye which had watered a bit and tucked the badge away. Sitting up and looked down at Jaylin. "Shut up. It's just stupid song." He says somewhat annoyed and went to get off the tree branch. "It's about time chu both got here. We're still going to Draken clearing to see if maybe someone can give us information, right?" Then went to smooth out the moth fluff on his collarbone. If he was honest he didn't like letting others he knew he could sing. It was sort of odd that Mothman would sing. Normally singing was more of avian, bird people, trait.

Marc looked up at James' voice and this smile spread across his face; but the young satyr seemed different almost. Marcs' antlers seemed to be longer and branch out further than before and he has more muscle mass to his small body. It had been gradual over the week but now it was visible now.

It was something he kept down on the low as nothing usually came of it but for Marc it was closing on bucking season for him. A time satyr fight for mates and well mate or have children. It was usually nothing cause no other satyr were around but it did effect the others mood. Irrational anger was a big one for Marc and reckless decisions as well. Regardless he answered the others question happily, "Just some rosemary, juniper berries, yarrow root and banana leaves for bandages" Then went to set down the stuff he had been holding to give James an excited hug. Something Marc found he enjoyed as he discovered them early on in their meetings.

"Sorry, we got caught up with the other men. Some are headed back to town as we dont need a massive search party," Jaylin responded to Angelos instead of pressing the singing issues. It was a nice song but clearly a sore spot for him to say the least. Then went onto say, "Yes we are still doing that and hopefully theyll be less aggressive than that of other creatures,"