Monsters Beyond the Fog [p]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Hey chu said I just have to help chu. Chu said nothing about keeping chu safe." Musing at him and went to smirk a bit. Looking ahead and could make out some light and clearing for Star Lake. "Star Lake is just up ahead. And if you want to get information off a water sprite be respectful and maybe offer them a small gift." Telling him as they made it to the clearing. The reason it was called Star Lake cause some of the stones in the lake actually glowed. Which made it look like stars in the water which caused him to chitter a bit. He could never get a stone from Star Lake cause water spirits wouldn't allow him to take one. "I'm stay here in the woods." Pausing at the clearing slowing down his small chittering of wings as he heard the giggle of the water sprites.

"That actually sounds very peaceful." James says to him and heard he like to people watch the village. Which was understandable as Marcus obviously didn't talk to humans. "As apart of what me and Jaylin do we sort of watch other humans as well. We also help humans." He explains to him. Hearing they were close to Star Lake and saw it look like stars just below the water. "Wow I see why they call it Star Lake."

"Oh but of course, wouldn't want to get your fur wet or anything," Jaylin snarkily responded with a shake of his head. This moth was going to get on his last nerves and he so knew it too. Though the lake itself was quite beautiful. Rounded, expanding a foot few yards in either direction and millions of little stones settled in the dark waters. Giving off a soft glow like stars in the night sky. It was truly a magnificant sight. The red-head looked up to where the moth man had set his perch and rolled his eyes before going to dig around in his pockets. If he knew he had to bring a present with him, he would've come more prepared than with just simple objects.

Watch other humans? Help them as well? Those were two very contradictory statements, but Marc could also understand what he meant about it. Would explain their funny uniforms and the horse drawn carriages; must be a very important job. Then the deer looked out at the lake with wide blue eyes and smiled, "I haven't been here since I was a foal! Its still just as amazing," Then watched Jaylin dig around for a present for the water sprites. Marc gave a sheepish giggle before digging in his own bag, pulling out tiny, rounded bits of emerald, "Here, try giving them this,"

Angelos just huffed a bit. He wouldn't understand as he couldn't swim. If one of the Water Sprites decided to drown him. So he just went to sit on the branch of the tree and waited patiently for them to conclude there business here.

James nodded. "It is something else. I've never quite seen something like this." He says as he watched Marc give Jaylin a small emerald. "I do hope they accept the gift as they drew closer to the edge of the lake. Where the giggles became louder.

Water sprites were human in shape but mostly made of soft glowing water as they splashed about. "I smell elves…" A voice says as others repeated elves. "They don't look like elves. There ears are all wrong. And there clothing is not of any of the Elf Clan." Another voice says as the others chimed 'weird clothes' and 'wrong ears.' "Who are you strangers?" A different voice asked as others echoed 'strangers'. Many small blue eyes peered ar them from surface of the water looking. Examining the group of three.

Unsure of how to even begin to approach the situation; Jaylin crouched down by the waters edge were the sprites spoke. Echoing one another without much of a thought and he set the emerald down in the grass, "We are here to help. We are investigating the disappearances of creatures in the area as well as in the human town," He started and picked up the stones again to offer to the sprites, "We aren't here to harm you anything; the mothman said you'd be able to give us some information," He pointed to Angelos in the tree a few feet from the lake and turned back to the sprites. Hoping they would help and not question their odd appearance further. He didn't have much of an explination for not looking elf-like that was for sure.

Marc stayed closer to Buck and away from the waters edge. Not trusting that of the sprites to drag him down or down him. He could swim just not very well and he wasn't in the right mindstate to try to not drown. The sprites questioned their odd looks not being elven- which was something that had concerned Mark. He though kept his mouth shut as he felt his words would only cause a stirr.

One of the water sprites came up to the edge of the lake. And went to collect the emerald examining it and nodded at them. And went to drop it in the lake where it sunk into the bottom. "What do you want to know?" Another one asked as others repeated 'want to know.' While about five of them looked over to Angelos watching him. Making sure he didn't come into there territory.

James didn't say anything he just watch a little warily. As he made sure Marc was beside him. Though he was unnerved by the somewhat hive mind like state they seem to share. Even if it wasn't a hive mind it was still creepy. But he kept himself still as he watched them carefully.

Watching the creature approach him and accept the offer of tumbled emeralds. Jaylin knelt down to the edge of the water to be more on level with the sprites to speak to them respectfully, "What can you tell us about the fog that lurks here? Does it have a source or reason behind it? And do you know anything about the recent disappearances? Have you experienced any missing sprites or dead sprites?" He went to dig into his back pocket for his little notebook and pen to write down whatever it was they would share with him.

Mark looked to Buck as he seemed weary of the sprites. They could be quite terrifying with their very hive like mind and echoes of each other. The deer placed a hand on the others' forearm and gestured for him to follow. As Jaylin had things under control and why not show him around the forest a bit? He enjoyed talking to Buck and he had so many questions for the other as well.

The sprites looked at him as Jaylin knelt by them. "The fog…we don't know where it comes from." Telling him. "But we know the fog has taken a few of our sprites." They says to him. "But we know the fog isn't made from water. Like normal fog. It is made from magic." Some began to move about to move the stones around. Organizing them to make the lake shine better.

James then feels Marc touch his forearm and looked at him. When he seem to want him to follow the other which he did. As they head back to where the forest was which was relief cause they were very unnerving. Letting out slight sigh of relief.

Jayling jotted down what they sprites had to say, acknowledging Buck and Marc leaving his side, and gave a curious look. Made of magic? Also they had lost a few of their own as well. The magic part is what got h the most; what could produce so much magic that it'd cause so much thick fog? The red-head then went to voice his question out loud, "Is there anything that can make so much magic? Like a larger beast or a location? And if so; do you know any creature that'd know more?"

The satyr gave a grin when Buck chose to follow him; watching the other relax as they headed away from the lake and back towards the tree line. "Sprites can be a bit creepy, not gonna lie, with how they behave and talk," he assured the other with another gentle touch to Bucks' forearm, "But theyre no less dangerous as any other creature out here," The deer then gave a wiggle of his small tail and a little bounce as he thought of something to ask the other, "Tell me about your human life! Whats it like in the city?"

"There is only four things to make such large magic in this world." One says to Jaylin. "A clan of demons, Enlighten ones, if enough humans were to gather they could do it, and finally the god that sleeps under this place." Telling Jaylin. "Enlighten ones are beings of purity they would not kill. And humans, tch! They fight to much and only if they have read ancient ones text would they be able to get such magic. So that leaves the demons as the god of all monsters sleeps."

James nodded a bit. "Creepy is understatement." He says to him. Feeling the other gently touch his arm which made him a bit cause it was nice gesture. "The city…" Repeated back to Marc. "Well… it's busy, lot of humans, everyone is usually in rush whether it is to work or to care for family. There big building some that are half the size of these great trees. On some streets there is music and other streets smell like fresh bake bread." Telling him.

Meanwhile Angelos was waiting on the branch of the tree. Watching Jaylin talk to water sprites as he waited he laid on the branch. The water sprites weren't hateful to any of creatures here. But they didn't show favor to any of them either. One had to be cautious with dealing with the water sprites.

Last edited:
The red-head nodded in understand as the sprites continued with their explination. Demons, purity creatures, humans or some sort of God? Now Jaylin wasn't religious but he was sure as hell not about to go fight a God or anything of the sort. Demons? Perhaps; depends on if they can even hold their own against them or not. Though he grew curious now and asked, "Who is the God? What do they do exactly? And are they a physical being?" Choosing his words carefully to not offend this God or the sprites, but he needed his questions answered. Though he had a feeling they wouldn't know much about him either.

Rushing humans, buildings as big as the trees and music? Though the smell of bread sounded delicious right about now, but the human city sounded amazing. Marc perked up his ears and his gaze got wide with wonder, "Street of music sounds amazing! And I love bread; espeically home made bread,"

"The god isn't translated in your tongue, human." One of the sprite says. As a many voices began to bellow our human. Some of them screeching it as beastly creature came from the depths of the lake. It looked like giant dog standing as big as horse. With monkey like webbed hands and panther like back paws. It open its maw rows of teeth sharp in sets similar to sharks. "Every creature knows of the legend of our great god. You weren't fooling anyone with a fake scent of an elf. Your ears gave you away. We are not as stupid as you humans claim us to be. We remember how your kind poisoned our former homes with your toxic waters. If you value your peoples lives you will leave this forest and stay in your human cities.

James found Marc's excitement adorable. "I love bread too. Especially from this one bakery the guy who works there makes such good bread. My favorite is pumpkin bread he makes during the fall." He says to him and saw what was going on and knew it wasn't good. And was about to rush in when Angelos stopped him.

Angelos saw what was going on and heard them screeching human. Fucking hell he better go get him quickly and saw James was about walk in. Then went to stop him. "Let me get him more humans will make it worse." And went to fly over to where Jaylin was almost crashing into Jaylin. "Great water sprites please don't hurt t'is human. While I agree t'ey are pat'etic and disgusting creature. Who deserve to be drowned. If chu all do so t'ere death' would surely bring more humans here in search of t'em."

Well so much for talking nicely with the sprites! All creatures know about this sleeping God? He hardly believed that and quickly went to stand up, backing away from the waters edge. Suppose he was going to get that wrong no matter what but he did get some helpful information. Jaylin was about to just speak down to the sprites, state he had nothing to do with the poisionings or anything of the war as it had been a generation ago, but then Angelos appeared from the tree line. Allowing the other to speak, feeling irked at being called pathetic and disgusting, but tried to not let it show on his face. Deciding on keep quiet was the best way to go about this situation.

"Pumpkin bread sounds delightful!" Marcus chimed with an excited hop, then slowed when James looked to the lake. The satyr ducked down behind the tree and was about to stop James from approaching them-- more humans would only anger the sprites more. Though Angelos stepped in instead and the deer went to pull James back, wanting to get him away from the lake as so he wouldn't be harmed.

The water sprites glared at Angelos and Jaylin. Multitude of whispered began so deafening was there whispers before abruptly stopped. "Fine, we will let them go." One said finally. "But never bring them back here or we will kill all of you. Now leave." The beastly creature once summoned return to water.

"T'ank chu great water sprites. Chu will not see eit'er one of us again." And went to turn and leave walking beside Jaylin. "W'atever chu do don't look at t'em and move very calmly. Water sprites like to drown t'ose who are desperate to run." Angelos knew that they were very temperamental.

James didn't want to go, but Marc pulling him made budge slowly to hasty retreat further into the woods. When Jaylin and Angelos were caught up with them. Far away from them he looked at them both. "What the heck just happened?" Asking them. Those sprites went from calm to fierce at a drop of pin.

"The-The uhm, sprites, found out I was human and apperantly were not fond of such matters," Was Jaylins' response to James' question and gave a small shudder once they were in the safety of the forest. The human race sure had done a lot of bad things to this forest. So much so that every creature was so hostile towards them to an extreme matter. Jaylin didn't even remember the war as he was just a child when it went down; suppose it was still very fresh to a lot of the creatures, "I didn't know the story about their God, and apperantly all creatures know the story?"

Marcs' ears went back as the moth and Jaylin re-joined their group. Thankful the sprites had let them go and they both got away without much of a scratch on their bodies. He grasped onto James' forearm and looked up at him with worried eyes. The forest was becoming unsafe for them to be in for much longer.

Once they are away Angelos shook his body a bit. Shaking out the nerves of what had occurred. "Ah yea…. T'e ancient god of monsters. It's suppose to be a folklore, but many of the creatures of the deep forest see it as religion." He says to him. "Believed to sleep under t'is very forest. And when awakened it will consume humans and usher a new era. Well…. According to the folklore." Angelos says to them.

James looked at him. "So our cover was blown." He says to him with a small sigh. "Well at least you got away that's a good thing honestly." Feeling Marc hadn't let him go which was fine. "It's seems we are unsafe predicament at the moment. And with those Water Sprites screeching about us probably alerted some creatures."

Jaylin looked to Angelos as he spoke about this God of Monsters. Folklore or religion? He jotted that down before pocketing his little notebook back into his back pocket. So that was also something to look into as well. "Sanchez is right. They're going to alert all the creatures here now as well and I highly doubt there are any creatures here with information and don't have a hatred for humans," he agreed with the other and gave a small sigh. They got a lot of information, but he wasn't ready to leave the forest just yet. There was just so much to see and expierence here. So much more- beautiful and breathtaking than that of the human world. "I don't know about you though, Buck, but I feel like I'm not ready to leave just yet. Theres just so much to see here?"

The young satyr blinked a bit at Jaylins' words. They had nearly been killed by water sprites and he wasn't concerned at all with the safety of the matter? Humans truly felt no fear what so ever did they? Though Marc had to admit that he did not want them to leave either. It wasn't every day that he got to speak to others and make friends.

James looked at Jaylin with those amber-brown eyes, and back to Marc. He didn't want to go just yet and went to nod at Jaylin. "I agree with you completely. Even if it is dangerous I want to see more of the beautiful place. Maybe there are clues to what this fog is." Telling him. "Not by asking the creatures here, but by the forest itself."

Angelos sighed a bit. "I don't t'ink chu realized how much danger chu are putting us bot' in, and fact every creature is now out to get chu." He says to them. "It would be best if chu leave t'is forest." Telling him. "Because I am not in mood to get my wings pluck for any of chu. And sure t'at satyr wouldn't want to be someones lunch."

"Awe, Angelos, lets go to a lesser part of the forest! Like my part of the forest or something. They're more than capable humans and I'm sure they have some sort of protection on them in case they need it," Marc pleaded and moved from James to Angelos, clasping his hands together and giving him these big, round eyes, "My part of the forest hardly has any creature around and they can stay in my cottage for a while so things can blow over!"

Jaylin couldn't help but chuckle at the young deer mans pleas and shook his head a bit before reconsidering everything, "I mean, no one said you had to stick with us through everything we do, Ange," he pointed out to the mothman and put his hands in his pockets, "I can give you what I owe you and you can be on your merry way, or-," He paused for dramatic effect, "Are you scared? The big, bad mothman afraid of a little fun?"

Angelos heard Marc suggested that they could go to the part of woods where not to many were at. And that it would be safe place until things could blow over. However he had his doubts on this. Even if they had there scent disguised at the moment. When he heard Jaylin teased him and let out another angry squeak from his chest. "Mothmen aren't a afraid of anything." He glared back. "But t'en again maybe it'll be fun to hang around and who knows maybe I'll get t'e pleasure of watching all of chu get eaten by trolls or werewolves or even t'e demons if chu get caught. I doubt chur little weapons would do much to eit'er one of t'em."

James nodded when Marc suggested it. "I like that idea if the heat dies down. We can leave safely afterwords." He agrees then went to watch Jaylin and Angelos. They were getting heated and honestly Angelos words honestly made him uneasy. "Relax both of you. Angelos he is right. You don't have to stay and can just take your reward and go. Jaylin, with all do respect sir, stop taunting him there is enough creatures wanting to kill us and adding one more isn't ideal." Angelos smirked a bit. "Listen to him he makes good sense t'is one. Besides I'm hanging around to see which one of chu gets picked off first. And to see if what exactly that fog is. It's causing problems to t'e mothman tribes."

The Englishman couldn't help his eyeroll at Buck; suppose he was right but it was just too easy to rile up the mothman. It was hilarious to him, but he was also right in he probably shouldn't be doing it to begin with. "Alright, alright I won't tease the mothman anymore. He just makes it too easy," He mused out loud and also probably wasn't wrong about their guns. Though Jaylin has faced death more times than he could count so why would this be any different. Perhaps faster than the other times. "Sanchez is usually the one that makes the most sense out of all my men, to be honest with you. But sure, lets head to this cottage,"

Marc gave a small chuckle at the teasing, no one really spoke like that to any creature here, but James was right. They shouldn't bicker and he was glad the mothman was going to join them in the cottage. "Let us go then! Its going to be super fun! I've never had guests before," He chimed up and went ahead to lead them further into the trees. The darkness of the dene forest took about five minutes before things started to lighten. The glowing of the ground ceased and the forest became more light, airy and sun could actually reach the forest floor. More normal creatures bounded about here from regular deer, rabbits and birds that flew over head. It was like the woods did a complete 180 from before.

Nestled in the forest between two grand oak trees laid a small little cottage made of wood, tree branches for a roof and a wooden door on the front. It looked like it was out of a fairytale book in its apperance and soft-light, but also blended in pretty well with its surrounding area. "Not many creatures come here because of human trails that are around here and most prefer the darkness of the deep forest,"