Status
Not open for further replies.

Name: Veronika Barbet "Vera"

Appearance:

Weight: 230lbs ??? Height: 227cm (7'5") Gender: Female Age: 18

untitled.jpg

Species: Ogre

Teacher or Student: Student

Personality: Veronika is like most of her kind is for the most part easy going and laid back. While a bit absent minded with a lack of concern or the seriousness of some situations around her. While rather lazy she is physically fit, and does some physical training daily. In terms of Academia she is not overly intelligent. Vera seems to love being outdoors, cooking, and napping. Of note she is something of a heavy drinker given the chance, notably of Ogre Grog, and Sake. Because of these factors she can be naive if not somewhat friendly, though she will hold a grudge against those who wrong her.

She seems to be easily flustered about clothing, needing a custom N sized bra, admitting to clothing sizes is also embarrassing to her, given her shirt is triple X as example. Of note she doesn't take kindly to bullies, or tricks being pulled on her, generally shes rather fearless, and has proved willing to literally tear down walls before her. Of additional note she seems to have an attachment to the two shackles worn around her thighs, which are removable.
Apparently they belonged to a larger ancestor and are of value to her, being incorporated into her daily dress, though her own armbands seem fixed to size, what story or history is behind those has yet to be mentioned and seems to be a custom of her own tribe..

Having a fondness for sweet bakery goods she seems fond in particularly of donuts, in contrast she also likes spicy foods, among the most favorite food tastes shes developed however is sweet and sour dishes found in some cultures, which heightened her willingness to learn cooking. Other than that she attends class begrudgingly and as part of the agreement as a Representative of her own tribe. She seems to get angry for being mistaken as a man from behind, shes taken to wearing her current clothing with short boots to leave little mistake to her gender. She is a heavy sleeper and can be very shy with compliments of her looks and questions on her weight.

Background: Veronika lived in the open planes and the mountain strongholds of her tribes native land, formerly slaves who risen up against their oppressors the Ogres of this region take to wearing chains, two sets are generally worn, one is ones own ankle and wrist locks. The other set is worn anywhere else on the body, two extra pieces marks one as the next tribal chieftain, two sets marks one as the chieftain. Marking Veronika as the next Chieftain following in the footsteps of her ancestors.

As result she was enrolled into the cultural exchange program as relations with humans will be of the up most importance, as well as the other monster kin during the coming years. Plus it may be good to add more human blood to the tribe if any should be deemed worthy..

Regardless of this Veronika is technically overseen by the schools maintenance staff and can been seen moving large items or helping with grounds keeping, but she comes and goes as she pleases...provided another human student is willing to accompany her. Given all of this its the lure of food and new dishes that normally keeps the Ogre complacent with this arrangement.

Theme Song:

Other: Can be overpoweringly or aggressive in something she wants, may not fully understand her strength in regards to the other races, minus the Dragon-kin who seem to be on par or slightly weaker. Given her friendly nature and that of her people she's more likely to be angry about tearing clothes than being seen naked.​

Reactions: Legens Legentis
All the applications look good so far! I'll try to make a chart to include them all.

Reactions: Kurogane86
(I might make a few changes here and there from time to time, just in case)

Name:
James Hemmington Crowley
Appearance:
Height:
178cm(5'8") | Weight: 78kg(171lbs) | Gender: Male
_render__20__akashi_seijuro_by_sandrareina-d7jwtew.png

Species:
Human
Teacher or Student:
Student
Personality:
"Arrogant and prideful, James is the definition of an asshole." Is what most people would assume upon taking a good look at him and knowing his fortunes. No, that's actually a lie. That's what everyone would think upon knowing of his background. And they couldn't be more wrong.

James is perhaps the most gentle and kind person one could have the luck of meeting. Although these are all good points, the boy is somewhat innocent and can be dense if things are not explained correctly, which will result in confusion by both his part and whoever tries to get him to understand things. Overall however, he is excessively kind-hearted. Painfully so, if I might say, which means that he can be easily fooled and even doesn't really mind being fooled. He keeps himself always positive and is rather reclusive, preferring to stay on his own rather than stepping on other people's business. This attitude keeps him healthy and almost always happy and smiling. It is the kind of attitude that someone who was born in a great, peaceful environment would have. Most of the time, he acts maturely, trying to be the best that he can be in order to keep the stigma about his family.

He has a great relationship with his family, even though they are rather overprotective and clingy of him, and actually wants to find some independence in order to live by himself. Because of this, he has interest in cooking and is more than dedicated to do things related to house-caring.

Background:
The Crowley are an influential family across the globe. They possess both political and economical power to move the world. Economically, they are the owners of an enterprise that works with the construction of government buildings and others across Europe. Politically, Howard Crowley is a close friend of the Queen and has the contact of multiple people who are extremely influential. In short words, they are extremely powerful and rich. If it wasn't for them, the building that currently is the Academy likely wouldn't exist, as the Crowley were extremely helpful in both political pressure and in providing the construction the academy.

Being born into such family is not as easy as it might look and if there's anyone who knows that, it is James.

Now, you might be thinking that his infancy was tragically sad or difficult, but you would be very wrong. In fact, his childhood was as happy as it could be. He lived free and spent a lot of time traveling the world with his family. He never had any problems with his parents and he always devoted to the family business immensely. His parents love him and he loves them very much just as well. They never minded giving him all the money he needed and he never minded taking it so there were never difficulties or troubles within his family relations.

His family is known for their lenient actions towards Monsters and their integration into society, which means that not only has he seen monsters before but some of them were even employed to his family. These reasons made him grow up and become used to monsters and their usual activities. When he knew of a new Academy where monsters and humans would study in equal grounds, he couldn't pass up the opportunity to join the Academy as a student. His family showed extreme support and even paid the construction of a new house for him to live in during his studies.
Theme Song:

[spoili]

[/spoili]

Other:
James has an older sister which he completely looks up to. The entire reason he enrolled in the Academy was to follow in her footsteps of helping Monsters and their integration into society.
Although he is known to be overly kind, even to people who don't deserve, there are multiple negative rumors about him and his family and about how they selfishly care for nothing but their own wealth and importance.

@Yzmael
I like what you have so far, but it leans somewhat heavily on the Gary-Stu scale of characterization.
@Kurogane86
The harem must go on!
600px-MonsterMusume_01_(1).jpg
monster-musume-screenshot-001-600x338.png
30f072ae08dc5471a959f918ffa681c6e1040b9b35488dd4c4082c8f01dbb508_3.jpg

Reactions: Kurogane86
@Yzmael
I like what you have so far, but it leans somewhat heavily on the Gary-Stu scale of characterization.
Umm, what? He's not exactly a genius, nor is he physically amazing, nor is he super-skilled at everything. I... Can't see where he falls in category alongside a Gary-Stu...

Is it simply because he's rich and intelligent? Really?

Umm, what? He's not exactly a genius, nor is he physically amazing, nor is he super-skilled at everything. I... Can't see where he falls in category alongside a Gary-Stu...

Is it simply because he's rich and intelligent? Really?
Wealth is one factor, yes, but I'm willing to forgive that in most circumstances. I'm just not seeing any apparent flaws in personality or backstory, hence the Gary-Stu remark. It doesn't have to be anything major.

Wealth is one factor, yes, but I'm willing to forgive that in most circumstances. I'm just not seeing any apparent flaws in personality or backstory, hence the Gary-Stu remark. It doesn't have to be anything major.
Gary-Stus are perfect characters in all aspects. Usually, they have some sort of dark past and then they overcome it and then they are perfect. You should define what you consider a Gary-Stu in the rules in order to make judging characters as one more systematic.

Other than him being a reclusive person, there aren't major flaws in his personality. He's a normal overly nice rich person... That's all, really.

Gary-Stus are perfect characters in all aspects. Usually, they have some sort of dark past and then they overcome it and then they are perfect. You should define what you consider a Gary-Stu in the rules in order to make judging characters as one more systematic.

Other than him being a reclusive person, there aren't major flaws in his personality. He's a normal overly nice rich person... That's all, really.
I will accept your application, but keep in mind that I will keep a close eye on your character from here on out. ;)

I will accept your application, but keep in mind that I will keep a close eye on your character from here on out. ;)
Oh, good. That means you'll be nitpicking at my posts to find a reason to call my character a Gary-Stu by your standards?

Ok, then, thanks for the warning. Just don't forget to add the definition of what you consider a Gary-Stu/Mary-Sue to the rules, please... Or else I'm just going to consider outside definitions as the ones intended.

Oh, good. That means you'll be nitpicking at my posts to find a reason to call my character a Gary-Stu by your standards?

Ok, then, thanks for the warning. Just don't forget to add the definition of what you consider a Gary-Stu/Mary-Sue to the rules, please... Or else I'm just going to consider outside definitions as the ones intended.
I'm not out to nitpick. I had just assumed that the definitions of a Gary-Stu/Mary-Sue were self-evident. I'll see if I can define it sufficiently in a way that works for everyone.

I'm not out to nitpick. I had just assumed that the definitions of a Gary-Stu/Mary-Sue were self-evident. I'll see if I can define it sufficiently in a way that works for everyone.
Each RP has different definitions for Mary-Sues/Gary-Stues. Usually, they consider only completely perfect characters with dark pasts. Others consider any character "out-of-the-ordinary" already to be a Gary-Stu. So, no, they aren't self-evident.

Here follows the outside definition I utilized for reference:
Urban Dictionary: Marty-Stu

• Thank You
Each RP has different definitions for Mary-Sues/Gary-Stues. Usually, they consider only completely perfect characters with dark pasts. Others consider any character "out-of-the-ordinary" already to be a Gary-Stu. So, no, they aren't self-evident.

Here follows the outside definition I utilized for reference:
Urban Dictionary: Marty-Stu
After a bit of thought, I am willing to drop the matter entirely. It's more of a truce, really, but there was a part of your application that I did like quite a bit. "That's what everyone would think upon knowing of his background. And they couldn't be more wrong." This part right here is something that I think works well. Maybe there could be some conflict centered around this particular detail?

• Thank You
Reactions: Yzmael
So far we have 5 monsters and two men. Need moar monsters, though if Shays three are made that evens it out to 8 with four for each male. But which four.

After a bit of thought, I am willing to drop the matter entirely. It's more of a truce, really, but there was a part of your application that I did like quite a bit. "That's what everyone would think upon knowing of his background. And they couldn't be more wrong." This part right here is something that I think works well. Maybe there could be some conflict centered around this particular detail?
The "Others" part specifies why it happens. He seems like an arrogant person, being reclusive and all. Considering his background and the rumors revolving his family, it's a safe assumption.

I don't want to necessarily have a character with internal conflicts. I have no reason to do so, honestly. Everyone makes characters with personality issues and internal conflicts regarding something in their life when there's no requirement for it to be so. I'm quite used to making dark characters but I just... I just don't feel the necessity of doing so in a comedy RP, get it?

Well the issue doesn't have to come from him. As a philospher once said.

You may have no interest in War, but War has an interest in you.

Others with a bias could cause trouble for him, or his situation can invite unwanted attention, so there is plenty that can be done with or to him.

That was faust.

I'm going to take a while to consider my choice of 'mon. There are just so many!

OOooh. I'm home sick today so I'm really hoping to get my two mons up!

bf3319f42039fd8bb5946d44871b032d.jpg

Name
Media Sol

Species
Siren

Student

Personality
Distant || Affectionate || Easily-Flustered || Poetic
When one thinks of a Siren, the first thing that would come to mind is an illusion, a beautiful woman with an angelic voice. A voice that leads men to death and destruction for their own amusement. In truth, Media is not malevolent when she does sing, harboring few ill intentions toward males, assuming they have no wrong herself or another woman. As such, she enjoys poetry, old songs and melodies, and singing. She may not be to most outgoing, or share things about herself often, but she has the best of intentions even when she does mess something up. More often than not she will refer to herself as a Mermaid, simply to avoid the skepticism of Sirens, being self conscious of her own voice and looks.

Background
Born in the tropical seas of the South Pacific, Media has always been a lover of the sea and it's many inhabitants. A small island, an outcropping of rocks, served as her home from when she was young, alone and unsure of how to speak with others. It's a tradition among the Siren to leave their young alone when they're old enough to sing, as the first daughter of Achelous sang before her younger sisters were born. As a female only species, the Siren would breed with human males, before ultimately killing him. Media was named and birthed not to prove anything wrong as some would believe, and sang her song just as her ancestors had.

Sirens, more rare to see than the Jormungand, had very few written encounters of them after the fall of the Roman Empire. And thus, when a small boat arrived at her island, torn apart with a young man barely alive inside, she was curious as to who and what had arrived at her home. She saved this humans life, rather than prey upon his weakness. When he was growing well he would listen to her sing sometimes, though she rarely would when he was awake. Media had learned how dangerous her voice truly was. It was less than a month before he was fully healed, able to go home when they repaired his boat and sent him on his way. Of course, that wasn't how it ended.

"Hey, why don't you come with me?"

Theme Song

Other
- Often prefers to speak via text
- Has four fin-like wings on her back, making her a more agile swimmer than even Sea Serpents and Mermaids

So that's my Siren. I'm not good with Theme Song's though so I'm gonna need a little bit of help. I plan on making an Elder Devil teacher and a Manticore - or maybe just a breed of Lamia like an Echidna or something, not sure yet. I really hate character limits lol. Maybe I can prove I'm good to play four later on XD But the Elder Devil is going to be a teacher and look like this.

On the other hand, I'm having a hard time picking between a bunch of different picks for my third girl. Since I can't even make up my mind on a species yet. I can post up some pics I would love to make characters out of, if anyone wants to help me decide XD[/hr]​

Status
Not open for further replies.