Miracle Girls: Out of Order OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, gaaah >.< have to get used to not spoiling too much.

@Razilin Were you planning on posting in response to york/Coraline? I was hoping to get a post out but I feel that at least that bit should be resolved before we move along.

Yui's obviously going to be the leader. After all, this is a magical girl group, so the most kawaii moeblob will be leader, regardless of any other attributes.

• Love
Reactions: Chrysanthemum
Back from the weekend. Mass replying.

I'm scanning posts I've not yet caught up on - right now I see I need replies to @Craftsdwarf , @Wolfsbane706 ...anyone else?

Tagging me in OOC will just speed up the process along. Thanks!

Reactions: ☆Luna☆
Yui's obviously going to be the leader. After all, this is a magical girl group, so the most kawaii moeblob will be leader, regardless of any other attributes.
Honestly, it would be hard to rule out Yui right away since most people aren't aware of her qualities.

Back from the weekend. Mass replying.

I'm scanning posts I've not yet caught up on - right now I see I need replies to @Craftsdwarf , @Wolfsbane706 ...anyone else?

Tagging me in OOC will just speed up the process along. Thanks!
I think Akira also addressed her. I'm busy with studying for a test tomorrow, so I'll leave you to confirm.

@all. pretty sure I hit up everyone who's been recently interacting with Chiyoko.

originally, I was planning on Chiyoko decking Kaoru with superstrength punch and getting a good old row going. and of course, showing off at least 2 miracle girls' powersets.

then coraline and yui showed up and i couldn't resist an alternate ending.

ah, well.

i'm sure we'll eventually get a miracle girl vs miracle girl fight somewhere down the line....

My next reply is going to move everyone along to the next objective, so I recommend people ending on notes they can be happy with. It will likely feel like an interruption, but that is also probably feel that way to the characters as well.

• Useful
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
@all. pretty sure I hit up everyone who's been recently interacting with Chiyoko.

originally, I was planning on Chiyoko decking Kaoru with superstrength punch and getting a good old row going. and of course, showing off at least 2 miracle girls' powersets.

then coraline and yui showed up and i couldn't resist an alternate ending.

ah, well.

i'm sure we'll eventually get a miracle girl vs miracle girl fight somewhere down the line....
That might be something worth looking forward to.

Sorry about my short posts x.x narrowly avoiding spoiling too much with some narration related fluff xD

Sorry about my short posts x.x narrowly avoiding spoiling too much with some narration related fluff xD
I know, it's hard trying to fill up a post without talking a character's emotions or thoughts. I'm trying to think up what actions I can use to feel up the post and convey stuff, but worry so many of them feel unnatural. O.o

I know, it's hard trying to fill up a post without talking a character's emotions or thoughts. I'm trying to think up what actions I can use to feel up the post and convey stuff, but worry so many of them feel unnatural. O.o
I'd say that it will generally make the posts feel very short. In this style of writing, it is much harder to demonstrate that you are a capable writer because it is more difficult to show that a character is uniquely motivated. On the outside, everything appears to be happening without a reason, but if you are writing well, the reason will become clear over time. Right now it is going to feel weird that you can't communicate your character's thoughts and feelings directly, especially for more soft-spoken characters. But, that is what is going to make them actually feel soft-spoken.

When I compare Chiyoko to Coraline, we actually feel like we understand something about Chiyoko due to how vocal she is, yet Coraline seems to be a bit of a mystery despite having the strangest appearance of the bunch. And in this lies the clue to where you should focus your energies. Based on what is happening, where would your character focus their energies? Who they choose to interact with and in what way are your most powerful tools to communicating what sort of person they are. If you can communicate this, then you don't need a large post.

Aleksandra seems to be the one most of the others might think of for a leader candidate but I'm not sure if she'd vouch for herself at this point.

Kaoru seems like she might be most willing to lead.

I can see Chiykoko fighting for it if only so as to not be lead by one of the idealistic idiots but I don't imagine that going well for her! :B

I WOULD ARGUE THAT CHIYOKO SHOULD BE LEADER.

BECAUSE IT'D BE HILARIOUS(LY BAD) FOR EVERYONE!

SHE'D BE ALL "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!" AND STUFF.

WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS?

#ChiyokoTrump4President2016

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Daz and ☆Luna☆
@york

on a more relevant note, i'm getting the vibe from Coraline that she is expecting her voice to make Chiyoko comply with eating

does she have a voice-based power? if so, then i can write a reply appropriately to that

@york

on a more relevant note, i'm getting the vibe from Coraline that she is expecting her voice to make Chiyoko comply with eating

does she have a voice-based power? if so, then i can write a reply appropriately to that
Since York-chan seems to have been gone for a while, I'll answer on his behalf. Coraline doesn't have a power like that.

Right, I gotta ask. If we're all lolis both with or without our magical girl forms, does that mean that Chiyoko has been in magical girl form the whole time? Or did she get superhuman strength as her wish, and thus has it as her baseline?

Right, I gotta ask. If we're all lolis both with or without our magical girl forms, does that mean that Chiyoko has been in magical girl form the whole time? Or did she get superhuman strength as her wish, and thus has it as her baseline?
As mentioned in the interest check, the miracle girl forms don't work when they aren't in the presence of chaos. Even if Chiyoko were transformed, she wouldn't gain strength until the chaos attacked. The strength either came from her wish, or she was already that strong at age 10.

which reminds me, Luna, i don't think you and i ever clarified or established what chiyoko's powers would be when transformed

when i began brainstorming for her character, my inspiration was Rorscach + One Punch Man

because why not

clearly, it has been working

so perhaps she gets Serious Consecutive Punching powers when transformed? :/

So we should just assume that her normal appearance is just her magical girl appearance without the clothes?

Status
Not open for further replies.