Miracle Girls: Out of Order OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Kaoru ever show the girls her symbol? I can't remember.

She did, when she made her dramatic exit from the group. It's only a glimpse before she puts it back into her pocket though.

• Useful
Reactions: ☆Luna☆
I recently had a lucid dream that inspired a new 1x1 idea. I wanted to get my thoughts out, and I figured it would be fun to share here.

Preface

In his deathbed, the world's most renowned biomancer lays in stasis. Though, truth be told, he should have been long dead.

Although he spends his days on a secluded island where he can work in peace, there are those who would sabotage his work. Some fellow scientists who want to steal his research to further their own, some religious who fear he might overstep his bounds. None can say who did the deed, but one way or another, he was poisoned by a Grim Serpent, an artificial species designed to carry a toxin so resilient to antibodies that no cure has been found. Since the biomancer himself abhorred the creature, allowing none to reside on his personal isle, foul play was the only possibility. Most would have died slowly, unable to change their fate, but the biomancer had a plan.

Using the last of his strength, he channeled his mana into creating a new lifeform. Medicine girl, codename, Midori. Midori for all intents and purposes wasn't human, she didn't even fully meet the criteria to be considered a living thing. Biomancy, even at the highest level, has always struggled to create something living from something non-living. But, Midori was currently the closest design. Although her body was organic and capable of many the same functions as a person, cells can't divide properly, instead relying on mana to perform replication, and her reproductive system was replaced with a faux system in order to make room for the "Medicine Driver". This special part allows Midori the ability to store and process substances from within her body, replacing an otherwise expensive lab set-up. At the time of Midori's creation, the biomancer had only intended to create a sophisticated interface for gathering materials that could handle human interaction. Little did he know that the day might come where Midori might save his life.

Programming his creation to seek out a cure to the Grim Serpent's poison, the biomancer locked his entire island into stasis, effectively freezing it in time. Only Midori held the key, so until her return, his creation, his body would remain safe. And so began Midori's journey.

Story

This story is a yuri/adventure story that follows Midori and another player character. The PC is a talented girl, but has found herself in tragic circumstances since an early age. Although the particulars aren't up to me, the PC never got a chance to understand what they wanted to accomplish because they've never had a chance to improve due to being a member of the lowest caste of their particular society. They were accustomed to doing some sort of menial task in order to subsist, but one day catch a rare sickness. Although the cure is readily available, it is deemed too expensive to be used on the likes of her. She ends up being saved by Midori, and this ends up being her motivation for helping Midori in an adventure. While at first, the motivation is one of debt, as the adventures continue, the PC finds more purpose in her life adventuring with Midori than she ever had working in her village. This story covers the rise and fall of Midori, how her life impacted the PC, the thrilling adventures of searching for the cure, and the forbidden romance between Midori and the PC.

@☆Luna☆ Ooh, sounds pretty cool.

I'm going to be super busy until at least tomorrow night, so please understand if I'm not online for a while ^^

Ah, stopped getting notifications for this thread for a while, sorry!

So, I believe it is time for me to address the elephant in the room. Despite our efforts to continue the RP, the overwhelming sense that the RP is dying has caused posting to stagnate. At the point in which members say they wish to post yet do not post is the moment of no return for an RP. I don't want to drag this out painfully or make anyone feel guilty about not fulfilling their posting responsibilities.

This RP is cancelled, and will likely never be picked up by me again. I'll be running a smaller 1x1 project in its place.

I'm disappointed with this result because looking back, I understand why it failed. Tavern scenes are where RPs go to die, yet we never even got past the meeting point. I allowed this to happen because I thought it was important for the characters to get to know their original selves before they started to change. This backfired spectacularly. Had I started the action in the middle of the first fight, this story might have been more engaging.

Additionally, while Akira was a conceptionally interesting character, she was totally misplaced in our cast. Only Chiyoko was put off by her standoffish behavior, and that passiveness made me unable to influence the direction of the group. I thought that placing objectives in the OP would be enough, but it wasn't. I don't think I made it compelling enough.

I'm going to be here to answer any questions, but I need to be out tonight, so this is all I have to say for now. I'm sorry for anyone that fell in love with this concept, and I'm sorry that I executed this so poorly, and that I couldn't devote enough of my attention to the managing of this RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.