(M/M) Two royalty plots - Looking for advanced/multi-paragraph poster! Welcome!

J

junkyardjesus

• IDEA 1. (in which I need a partner to write the prince)

Slow burn. A young man from a small, neighboring nation to the central kingdom swears revenge on the royals after a village raid robs him of his own family. The only way to extract revenge is to become an insider of the palace to take it down from the inside. His revenge is more personal, and he vows to help eliminate the heir and cause the king the same heartache he was forced to feel. He forms a pact with a group of assassins who also lost loved ones and promises them justice. By joining this group, he agrees to send sensitive information on the royals and about the weak spots of the castle when trusted. Once immigrated into the land, he lands a job in the palace after testing his "loyalty" to the king. Surprisingly, he's granted a job be the prince's adviser and aide. Impulsively, the young man agrees to the job, even if it means faking a friendship with the prince for intel. The problem? He's assumed the prince was close in age and that the prince will soon assume the throne harboring just as much knowledge of the kingdom as his father. Instead, the prince is still a boy, and the young man realizes that instead of an exclusive and high-ranking job as a personal assistant, he's more or less a glorified babysitter. The man wants to slap himself for not getting his facts straight, but decides that he will give the royal family hell nonetheless; he'll always call on the plan to kill the family in time, perhaps when he's a bit older. Years pass, and the prince is still none the wiser of his adviser's true identity. The adviser, now guilt-ridden and attached to the prince, can only bide his time for so long. His old group is getting restless for revenge, and while the man is still pained over the loss of his family, he can no longer face the idea of causing his prince harm, even the idea of murdering the king becomes a struggle. The prince, while emotionally distant from his own family, finds a close friendship in his adviser over the years. Once a jaded man that dreamed of cold-blooded revenge is now the same kind, gentle person he once was before the loss of his family. Now, he faces two cutting issues: a budding romance over the prince he watched grow and come of age, and the lingering guilt that he knows will soon destroy their bond.
Potential themes: Age gap(?), Violence, Slow burn, Revenge, Deception

• IDEA 2 (I have a prince character for this one)

A prince flees a palace massacre by a group of rebels. The tyrant king is now dead, the prince narrowly escapes and seeks a new life with a new identity. He winds up working as a laborer on the outskirt of the kingdom (either a tavern in town or even in the remote farmlands). The employer, a moody and private man, is quick to annoyance and exasperation at his new worker, but needs the help nonetheless in order to keep things running. The catch is that his employer is an ex-member of the rebel group who helped form the long running plan for the king's assassination after experiencing loss (spouse, child, sibling, etc...). If not a loss, then perhaps he's an ex military man who was treated poorly in his army and not compensated for his time and work, etc.) While he only hoped for the king's death, he expresses no sympathy for the death of the entire royal family. In fact, he expresses his relief that there were "no survivors". Yet when rumors surface that the heir is alive, it causes tension and suspicion. The prince can only hide his identity for so long, but when feelings and emotions become muddled and messy, it makes matters much, much worse.
Potential themes: Age gap(?), Deception, Slow burn, Violence

I sent you a pm already XD but that was before I read your plots! I'm really interested in both but before I make a decision i'd like to hear more about what you have in store for the second one if that's okay ^.^~

Hi :) I'd be interested in rp'ing the first idea, if you're still looking :D