Lost Words Of a Castle

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Lucy waited all day to talk to him, but when she didnt see him she felt horrible. All day they talked about the man who got split in half in the alleyway she was in, she refused to talk to anyone for the rest of the day. Even when she went home, she just went straight to bed. The next morning was Friday. Lucy just wanted the talk of the man in the alleyway to stop, she hoped no one knew it was her. This day she decided to take the diamond scythe with her. With all the rumors about a couple of students trying to beat her up, she figured the mini scythe would give her courage. She hid it in her bra and headed to school.

Shylo was at school that day, back in his solitude state.

Lucy walked into the class where she had Shylo in, asking someone to switch spots with her so she could sit in the back, the right corner of the classroom was where she sat. Across from Shylo, 5 seats away from him. she didnt focus all class, just sat there and stared at the window closest to her. Her friends didnt want nothing to do with her since she had yelled at them yesturday. She was alone. Doodling on the desk instead of doing her homework. The scythe denting her skin, she could feel it, the tiny beating against her breast, like the diamond scythe was breathing against her.

Shylo gave her a short glance but that glance alone made him wonder, something seemed off about her.

Lucy stood up as soon as class ended, grabbing her things and walking out of the classroom before anybody else. Her friend gossiping about her since she wasnt there and wasnt talking to them at lunch.

At lunch she sat outside in the shadows of a giant oak tree and peeled her orange alone. Her eyes closed as she listened to its heartbeat carefully. The slow rythmic beat, of something otherworldly.

Shylo came over, no food of his own, his backpack jerking heavily on his wings.

Lucy felt his pressence and glanced up, as soon as she realized it was him she smiled "Hi! sorry about ditching you at the Ice Cream parlor the other day...I know its stupid but I have a curfew" she smiled and scooted her things over, patting the grass for him to sit next to her "so how are you today?" she asked

Lucy watched him for a while, the scythe beating faster. Lucy was conserned she scooted away from him a few centimeters. Two people were outside talkign about the man in the alleyway. Lucy sighed in anger "So did you hear about the guy who got sliced in half in teh alleyway last night? Talk about creepy"

"I didn't hear, I saw." He muttered,"I'm the one who reported it..so now they ae investigating my house."

Lucy blushed "Really? that must have been scary, I'm so glad I wasnt there. I probally would have been terrified, I heard that the man was sliced in half, cut through his spine and everything. Though they cant find the weapon or the person who did it" she felt the diamond hiss in her head and she felt like she shouldnt have said anything "Well its good you reported it then, everyone knows so now the killer cant hide" she made herself shiver "So scary just to think about it" Lucy took a bite of the orange and offered him a slice.

He muttered a no thanks then sighed,"Can I tell you something?"

Lucy thought for a while "Sure, I wont tell I promise" she used her pinky and made a invisible X over her heart. But she listened to him, popping the offered orange slice into her mouth. Ready to get another.

He sighed and stood pulling her around the tree out of site of any possible onlookers. He carefully pulled off his backpack and revealed the crumbled feather mess that was his wings. They looked more feeble than he liked, he hadn't been able to fly in weeks.

Lucy gasped "There so beautiful!!" she smiled wanting to stroke the white feathers gently. The scythe hissed in her mind, obviously it didnt like Shylo, so she stayed put "You should go flying, I wont tell anyone I promise" she thought for a moment then grabbed his hand "Come on, I know where you could go!" for once the scythe shut itself up. Lucy would take him to the park.

Shylo set the bag on his back again, books didn't occupy the bag just his wings. He followed her.

Lucy broke into a walk after they hit the sidewalk, she almost tripped a couple of times so she held on to Shylo's arm tightly. Every trip making her turn red. The park was deserted and all the trees were full of life, easy for Shylo to hide if someone where to look for him. "Here we are, go ahead and fly. Stretch those bad boys out" she smiled at her remark. She couldnt fly herself, but she liked her place on the ground.

He set the empty bag fown, stretched his wings and took off hard, making the trees shudder.

Lucy looked around and sat herself on one of the benches, her hair folded in her lap again. She pulled out the diamond scythe and eyed it, carefully running her fingers along its blade, it shone with radiance. Was this the scythe that had saved her life two days ago? It must have been, she felt drawn to it, it spoke to her,only to her, for noone seemed to hear its evil voice. She placed it back in her bra and felt it breathing again. She waited.

Shylo returned 15 minutes later, landing on the bench table infront of her but he wasn't as skileld in landing as he remembered and knocked over with him on top of her.