Λbscence [Sign Ups & OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
-slides my sheet into here- Hey folks! ^.^ I won't be able to enter the roleplay until June, sadly, but I do finally have a character sheet done if y'all are curious about my character!

Edit: I posted the wrong version and didn't notice until just now o.o it's fixed now

[bG=#f6f3ed]
[bg=#333333]C H A R A C T E R | S H E E T[/bg]​

Stronger Than You Think- Fireflight​

pj9b3FL.png

⌜ABOUT⌟
name: Ridell, Eric
place of birth: Atlas
height: 177cm / 5'10ft
weight: 69kg / 153lbs
appearance: Eric has tanned and scarred skin, ruffled brown hair that hangs loosely about his head, and large round blue eyes. He generally wears a calm, relaxed expression that hardens into one of serious contemplation when the situation requires it. He has a lean, lightly muscled runner's build. As far as clothing goes, he tends towards browns, blues, and greens and tends to wear loose jackets, pocket-filled pants, lightweight and sturdy boots, and gloves. He moves swiftly and tends to slouch slightly, which gives him a sort of relaxed look. When he talks, he either keeps his hands in his pockets or takes them out to accent his speech with smooth, relaxing gestures, depending on what he thinks the situation requires.

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: Eric is usually quite laid-back and easygoing and has a dry sense of humor. He is generally calm and collected, and he is very good at keeping calm in most circumstances. He has a very logical and analytical way of thinking and prefers to not let his emotions get in the way of his thinking. This usually extends to others' emotions as well, mainly because he is not very good at recognizing emotions in others unless he knows them quite well. If he knows a person well enough to be aware of what they're feeling, he will always respect their feelings and find ways to work with them. He often comes off as a little abrasive to people he doesn't know, which is why he tends to keep a little to himself unless he thinks he can be helpful. He is fairly observant, especially when it comes to the environment around him, but he usually prefers to keep his observations to himself unless the situation warrants it. He holds a grudge toward Bonheim and anything affiliated with it, and while he knows about this grudge, he is not fully aware of how deeply it goes and how heavily it influences his thinking. Similarly, he has a fascination with Eclipse Radiation and everything connected to it. This fascination influences him just as heavily as, if not more so than, his grudge toward Bonheim.

history:
○ [2273] - Eric is born to a middle-class family in Atlas. He is the second of two children, with an older sister, Martha, who enjoys teasing and joking with him. At first, the teasing irritates him, but as he grows up, he gets used to it and develops a fairly relaxed and laid-back approach to humor.
○ [2280] - At age seven, Eric meets Drew, the son of a wealthy scientist. The two of them become fast friends. Over the next few years, they spend nearly all their time together and have small escapades of the type that two young boys would normally get up to.
○ [2287] - Eric has been observing Drew's father at work for a while now, and he is utterly fascinated with how white shards function and how their energy is harnessed to power technology. Drew's father notices this and begins actively teaching Eric about shard-based technology and Eclipse Radiation. Eric absorbs everything Drew's father teaches him and develops an obsession with anything related to Eclipse Radiation. This obsession will follow him throughout the rest of his life.
○ [2291] - Bonheim declares war on Atlas. Eric feels shocked and betrayed at this turn of events since he used to perceive Bonheim as good because the Dome technology originally came from there. Drew's father and mother both assist the war effort in their own ways. Drew's father helps develop weapons and defense technologies to counter Bonheim's technology, while Drew's mother acts as a medic on the front lines. They leave Drew with Eric's family despite Drew's protests.
○ [2293] - Eric's family receives word that Drew's parents are dead. Eric mourns the loss of his mentor and begins to retreat within himself and shut himself off from the people around him.
○ [2294] - Eric is forced to flee Atlas with his family and Drew due to the attacks on the city. His parents die on the way out, leaving him alone with his sister and adoptive brother. Forced to abandon his home and everything he knows, Eric retreats within himself even more and starts to develop a preference for keeping his emotions from influencing his thinking. They join another group of refugees that are on their way to Bonheim. Eric plans to split off from the group of refugees once they've made it safely out of Calameet, since he has no desire to go to Bonheim.
○ [2295] - The group of refugees reaches Gaspol Hood, and Eric prepares to split off from the group. When he is ready to leave, Martha and Drew both refuse to join him. They point out that he's been needlessly cold toward everybody and say that he's changed too much since Drew's parents died. Eric is shocked, but, after an argument with them, leaves anyway and stays in Gaspol Hood for roughly a year.
○ [2296] - Eric makes friends with a member of a minor group of Rogues. His friend convinces him to join the group, saying that they could use his skill with technology. Eric agrees and leaves Gaspol Hood with the Rogues and travels with them until present day.
○ [2301] - Present day, Eric has been making good use of his time away from civilization to study the effects of Eclipse Radiation on wildlife. He is obsessed with the ideas of studying how a Proxy works and getting his hands on an Eclipse Fruit or Seed.

⌜POWERS &ABILITIES⌟
Eclipse power: N/A
Lumina: N/A
Monarch Corpse Parts: N/A
Skills:
-Wilderness survival: Eric has spent a significant portion of his adult life in the wildernesses of Calameet and knows how to handle himself. This skill is mostly oriented toward foraging and avoiding trouble.
-Agility: Eric is pretty quick and nimble on his feet.
-Observant: Eric tends to pick up on physical details in his surroundings and remember them.
-Unusual knowledge of how Eclipse Radiation works: While Eric's knowledge is nowhere near as specialized as, say, somebody like Merrill's, and it is not anywhere near as advanced as a scientist's or a technician's, he does have somewhat above average knowledge of how Eclipse Radiation operates.
-Analytical thinking: Eric is excellent at thinking critically and logically.

pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]

Last edited:
[bG=#f6f3ed]
[bg=#333333]C H A R A C T E R | S H E E T[/bg]
OEpSF4F.png

So Scandalous- Soul Eater Soundtrack
pj9b3FL.png

⌜ABOUT⌟
name:[/b] Junker, Robert

place of birth: Gaspol Hood
height: 182 cm / 6 ft
weight: 90 kgs / 200 lbs

appearance: Wears a large buttoned and zipped collared jacket along with black pants and dark brown work boots. He normally has a relaxed or even lazily look in his eyes and most facial expressions. He's got some little bit of scruff facial hair on his chin and bare chest and a thin simple collar around his neck. He's by no means a body builder but he's got some good lean muscle to him that's substantial with his height and weight. His hair is normally kept somewhat shaggy while sometimes he does gel it back when he feels the need. The inside of his jacket contains a holster for a handgun and a separate pocket for his cigarettes while he commonly keeps other items tucked away in a duffle bag or in his pockets.

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: Robert Junker is a man who does whatever he can to not just get by but get ahead in the world he resides in whenever he can and most senses of morality don't really make him waver. Having grown up in Gaspol Hood those who didn't know people, or didn't have power or had too many morals would either end up dead or worse. He'll lie, he'll cheat and he'll steal all the while with a smug smile on his face. He's an opportunist plain and simple. He's a skulker, always paying attention to his surroundings while making himself as in the background of people's attentions as much as possible. After all this its pretty safe to say the guy isn't very trusting of others just as others shouldn't be trustful of him; but it is in fact the kind of people who do understand this rule of his whom he trusts the most.

history:
○ [2275] - Robert Junker is born in Gaspol Hood and is raised by his mother and father who live within one of the many common small apartment rooms within Gaspol Hood whom run a small street side food stand selling small portable meals on the go.
○ [2291] - Robert leaves his parents and joins a local gang who call themselves the Black Circuits whom holds control over his neighborhood in Gaspol Hood. He does this because as he grew up he greatly disliked the low income his family received from the small food stand and from word of mouth he heard how much more money was made in these gangs through dealings mainly and after witnessing a deal take place on his street corner and how many merits were being tossed around he made his decision.
○ [2292] - Robert kills his first person during an alleyway shootout started by a rival gang, doing so with a handgun.
○ [2293] - Higher up Black Circuits members take notice of Robert's more subtle skills of the underground such as his persuasion and deception skills along with a few others and decide to move him up the ladder and have him start working for them as a deal maker selling product and making other underground deals.
○ [2295] - A serious gang war takes place between the Black Circuits and other rival gangs causing Robert to have many close calls and always having to look over his shoulder every minute of everyday as he walked the streets.
○ [2296] - Robert goes behind his gangs back and sells them out to their rivals causing them to be all but completely destroyed in exchange for the right to continue to do dealings within Gaspol Hood as a neutral party in his own right.
○ [2298] - Leaves Gaspol Hood for his own well being as his contacts within Gaspol Hood began to inform him that the local gangs were growing tired and antsy about the deal he'd made two years ago.
○ [2301] - Ever since he'd left Gaspol Hood Robert has been traveling around Crete doing various bits of underground work for anyone needing a silver tongue who knows how to handle themselves, creating contacts of various sorts with varying individuals along the way. He mainly operates as a freelance Drug dealer and negotiator for anyone willing to pay him. Through this freelance work he knows knowledge is power and having contacts with other people in the underground is something he does whenever possible. He doesn't always need to get paid in merits either, he's flexible. He'll take favors that he can call on for later and ever trades of products and the like, upgrades to his equipment or other items as well.

⌜POWERS & ABILITIES⌟
eclipse power: N/A
Skills: Persuasion, Deception, Stealth, Perception, Insight, Close Quarters Combat (Small Arms and Knives)

pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]

Let me know of any issues and I'll get right on them. @alaska

Last edited:
Hmmmm...if my OC gets the green light I think I've got a pretty good idea for a first post into this madness. lol

Hey @BlueFlameNikku

So we went over the sheet, and there's been a few things that we're iffy on right now.

- What made him join a gang at the age of 16? Gaspol is certainly an area that would see a lot of young gangsters, but there would still need to be a good reason why someone would make such a drastic step in life.
- A big part of him seems to be that he is pretty shady and untrustworthy. I think you did a great job picking a faceclaim to represent that, also. But why would people flock to him then? The charismatic thing feels like it doesn't flow with the character.
- What exactly are the things he does to survive now? Is he a ruthless assassin? Drug dealer? Like, where does he fall on the morality spectrum?

Also one thing of concern is his loyalty. If he's extremely sketchy, will he develop a reason to stay with the group? That's more of an honest question do you. Character development is a huge deal, obviously, so if you think you can realistically develop him into a part of a crew, then that's fine. owob

Hey @BlueFlameNikku

So we went over the sheet, and there's been a few things that we're iffy on right now.

- What made him join a gang at the age of 16? Gaspol is certainly an area that would see a lot of young gangsters, but there would still need to be a good reason why someone would make such a drastic step in life.
- A big part of him seems to be that he is pretty shady and untrustworthy. I think you did a great job picking a faceclaim to represent that, also. But why would people flock to him then? The charismatic thing feels like it doesn't flow with the character.
- What exactly are the things he does to survive now? Is he a ruthless assassin? Drug dealer? Like, where does he fall on the morality spectrum?

Also one thing of concern is his loyalty. If he's extremely sketchy, will he develop a reason to stay with the group? That's more of an honest question do you. Character development is a huge deal, obviously, so if you think you can realistically develop him into a part of a crew, then that's fine. owob

-----------------------------------------------------------​

Answer: Growing up he greatly disliked the low income his family received from the small food stand and from word of mouth he heard how much more money was made in these gangs through dealings mainly and after witnessing a deal take place on his street corner and how many merits were being tossed around he made his decision.

Answer: I can simply take out the charismatic bit as it was basically there to support his way with words. By all means the guy is and looks both shady and untrustworthy but he knows how to talk to all kinds of people to put himself in a more advanced position with him and that's where the charisma comes from as least in my head. Charisma of the mouth if you will but again, I can just change the word to silver tongue or something like that instead, probably will.

Answer: He mainly operates as a freelance Drug dealer and negotiator for anyone willing to pay him. Through this freelance work is the other big thing about his character which I feel to mention here which is he knows knowledge is power and having contacts with other people in the underground is something he would do whenever possible. He doesn't always need to get paid in merits either, he's flexible. He'll take favors that he can call on for later and ever trades of products and the like, upgrades to his equipment or other items as well.

- Also one thing of concern is his loyalty. If he's extremely sketchy, will he develop a reason to stay with the group? That's more of an honest question do you. Character development is a huge deal, obviously, so if you think you can realistically develop him into a part of a crew, then that's fine.

Answer: I understand your concern but everything will be fine. He will develop a reason to stay with the group I assure you. A reason would be him being tired of lone wolfing for a while and working with a bunch of people means bigger jobs and more protection; I've got a few other reasons in mind for that as well but that'll come later IC. I live for character development believe me. Also, back to the first bit about his loyalty, I know not to be absolutely horrible to the other PCs as that's a dick move and if he was then there would be not point to him being there in the first place and it would ruin everyone's time like if he double crossed them and ratted them out to Magna or something. NOW he'll do that kind of thing to NPCs given that the circumstances will be worth it and so and so forth but non of that fucker towards PCs. ^ ^

I hope I've answered everything and cleared everything up well enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------​

Answer: Growing up he greatly disliked the low income his family received from the small food stand and from word of mouth he heard how much more money was made in these gangs through dealings mainly and after witnessing a deal take place on his street corner and how many merits were being tossed around he made his decision.

Answer: I can simply take out the charismatic bit as it was basically there to support his way with words. By all means the guy is and looks both shady and untrustworthy but he knows how to talk to all kinds of people to put himself in a more advanced position with him and that's where the charisma comes from as least in my head. Charisma of the mouth if you will but again, I can just change the word to silver tongue or something like that instead, probably will.

Answer: He mainly operates as a freelance Drug dealer and negotiator for anyone willing to pay him. Through this freelance work is the other big thing about his character which I feel to mention here which is he knows knowledge is power and having contacts with other people in the underground is something he would do whenever possible. He doesn't always need to get paid in merits either, he's flexible. He'll take favors that he can call on for later and ever trades of products and the like, upgrades to his equipment or other items as well.

- Also one thing of concern is his loyalty. If he's extremely sketchy, will he develop a reason to stay with the group? That's more of an honest question do you. Character development is a huge deal, obviously, so if you think you can realistically develop him into a part of a crew, then that's fine.

Answer: I understand your concern but everything will be fine. He will develop a reason to stay with the group I assure you. A reason would be him being tired of lone wolfing for a while and working with a bunch of people means bigger jobs and more protection; I've got a few other reasons in mind for that as well but that'll come later IC. I live for character development believe me. Also, back to the first bit about his loyalty, I know not to be absolutely horrible to the other PCs as that's a dick move and if he was then there would be not point to him being there in the first place and it would ruin everyone's time like if he double crossed them and ratted them out to Magna or something. NOW he'll do that kind of thing to NPCs given that the circumstances will be worth it and so and so forth but non of that fucker towards PCs. ^ ^

I hope I've answered everything and cleared everything up well enough.

That's what I like to hear. :) If you could adjust the sheet to reflect these things, then I'd like to accept Robert.

@alaska All changes have been added.

@alaska All changes have been added.

Then welcome to the roleplay, feel free to introduce yourself. If you like, you can stumble into the group that is outside already. The other group is going to post in a moment, I think, so after you and they post I'll move us ahead.

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
-slides my sheet into here- Hey folks! ^.^ I won't be able to enter the roleplay until June, sadly, but I do finally have a character sheet done if y'all are curious about my character!

Edit: I posted the wrong version and didn't notice until just now o.o it's fixed now

[bG=#f6f3ed]
[bg=#333333]C H A R A C T E R | S H E E T[/bg]​

Stronger Than You Think- Fireflight​

pj9b3FL.png

⌜ABOUT⌟
name: Ridell, Eric
place of birth: Atlas
height: 177cm / 5'10ft
weight: 69kg / 153lbs
appearance: Eric has tanned and scarred skin, ruffled brown hair that hangs loosely about his head, and large round blue eyes. He generally wears a calm, relaxed expression that hardens into one of serious contemplation when the situation requires it. He has a lean, lightly muscled runner's build. As far as clothing goes, he tends towards browns, blues, and greens and tends to wear loose jackets, pocket-filled pants, lightweight and sturdy boots, and gloves. He moves swiftly and tends to slouch slightly, which gives him a sort of relaxed look. When he talks, he either keeps his hands in his pockets or takes them out to accent his speech with smooth, relaxing gestures, depending on what he thinks the situation requires.

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: Eric is usually quite laid-back and easygoing and has a dry sense of humor. He is generally calm and collected, and he is very good at keeping calm in most circumstances. He has a very logical and analytical way of thinking and prefers to not let his emotions get in the way of his thinking. This somewhat extends to his dealings with other people as well, giving him a tendency to disregard the emotions of others, though, lately, he's been getting better at recognizing other people's emotions and working with them.He is also fairly observant, especially when it comes to the environment around him,but he usually prefers to keep his observations to himself. He holds a grudge toward Bonheim and anything affiliated with it, and while he knows about this grudge, he is not fully aware of how deeply it goes and how heavily it influences his thinking. Similarly, he has a fascination with Eclipse Radiation and everything connected to it. This fascination influences him just as heavily as,if not more so than, his grudge toward Bonheim.

history:
○ [2273] - Eric is born to a middle-class family in Atlas. He is the second of two children, with an older sister, Martha, who enjoys teasing and joking with him. At first, the teasing irritates him, but as he grows up, he gets used to it and develops a fairly relaxed and laid-back approach to humor.
○ [2280] - At age seven, Eric meets Drew, the son of a wealthy scientist. The two of them become fast friends. Over the next few years, they spend nearly all their time together and have small escapades of the type that two young boys would normally get up to.
○ [2287] - Eric has been observing Drew's father at work for a while now, and he is utterly fascinated with how white shards function and how their energy is harnessed to power technology. Drew's father notices this and begins actively teaching Eric about shard-based technology and Eclipse Radiation. Eric absorbs everything Drew's father teaches him and develops an obsession with anything related to Eclipse Radiation. This obsession will follow him throughout the rest of his life.
○ [2291] - Bonheim declares war on Atlas. Eric feels shocked and betrayed at this turn of events since he used to perceive Bonheim as good because the Dome technology originally came from there. Drew's father and mother both assist the war effort in their own ways. Drew's father helps develop weapons and defense technologies to counter Bonheim's technology, while Drew's mother acts as a medic on the front lines. They leave Drew with Eric's family despite Drew's protests.
○ [2293] - Eric's family receives word that Drew's parents are dead. Eric mourns the loss of his mentor and begins to retreat within himself and shut himself off from the people around him.
○ [2294] - Eric is forced to flee Atlas with his family and Drew due to the attacks on the city. His parents die on the way out, leaving him alone with his sister and adoptive brother.Forced to abandon his home and everything he knows, Eric retreats within himself even more and starts to develop a preference for keeping his emotions from influencing his thinking. They join another group of refugees that are on their way to Bonheim. Eric plans to split off from the group of refugees once they've made it safely out of Calameet, since he has no desire to go to Bonheim.
○ [2295] - The group of refugees reaches Gaspol Hood, and Eric prepares to split off from the group. When he is ready to leave, Martha and Drew both refuse to join him. They point out that he's been needlessly cold toward everybody and say that he's changed too much since Drew's parents died. Eric is shocked, but, after an argument with them, leaves anyway and stays in Gaspol Hood for roughly a year.
○ [2296] - Eric makes friends with a member of a minor group of Rogues. His friend convinces him to join the group, saying that they could use his skill with technology. Eric agrees and leaves Gaspol Hood with the Rogues and travels with them until present day.
○ [2301] - Present day, Eric has been making good use of his time away from civilization to study the effects of Eclipse Radiation on wildlife. He is obsessed with the ideas of studying how a Proxy works and getting his hands on an Eclipse Fruit or Seed.

⌜POWERS &ABILITIES⌟
Eclipse power: N/A
Skills:
-Wilderness survival: Eric has spent a significant portion of his adult life in the wildernesses of Calameet and knows how to handle himself. This skill is mostly oriented toward foraging and avoiding trouble.
-Agility: Eric is pretty quick and nimble on his feet.
-Observant: Eric tends to pick up on physical details in his surroundings and remember them.
-General knowledge of how Eclipse Radiation normally(?) operates and how technology powered by it works: While Eric's knowledge is nowhere near as specialized as, say, somebody like Merrill's, he does have a grasp on how most technology powered by Eclipse Radiation works.
-Analytical thinking: Eric is excellent at thinking critically and logically.

pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]
The frick...Why isn't this cooperating? I know I had the right version in here last time...Welp, I'll have to fix it later today when I have computer access, I suppose, unless @alaska wants to post the right version for me or something...

@Joan

Can't really post it for you, unfortunately, don't have the ability to edit your stuff.

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan
THERE IT'S FIXED NOW -watches suspiciously in case it decides to break itself again-

Y'see... I kinda forgot about iwaku.
This is why people need to poke me. xD
Is there still availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.