Λbscence [Sign Ups & OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading through the lore and saw the picture for caustic perch. Its from borderlands 2 so that made me happy. Just wanted to let you know :D

Yay, I'm glad you like it. :D I loved the poison area, so I kinda wanted to make it a thing in Creation. :p

@alaska question about caustic perch. (Since I plan on making a character from there). How bad are the mutations? Are we talking totally non human or more along the lines of extra organs, enhanced senses, etc?

Also how backwards is the society? I know they are a reclusive group. Do they use modern equipment, machines, tools, etc? Or are they an almost tribal/feral group?

While I absolutely hate to restrict player creativity, I'd REALLY rather you didn't make a C.P. citizen. But you can PM me your rough idea, and maybe we can make it work, still.

As for the citizens, they're considered freaks. Both socially as well as physically. Definitely still humanoid though. They don't use modern technology, unless someone brings them something and they can figure out how to use it.

I'm interested in roleplaying. Is there still room, since the roster's empty in the lore section?

Yep, still room, currently waiting on a couple of people to finish their submission, but feel free to submit a CS too. :)

[bG=#f6f3ed]
[bg=#333333]C H A R A C T E R | S H E E T[/bg]​

You're Going Down - Sick Puppies

⌜ABOUT⌟
name: Deddog, Nork
place of birth: Caustic Perch
height: 6 feet 9 inches
weight: 297 pounds
appearance: [BCOLOR=transparent]A hulking brute, Nork easily fills any small room. His large frame is covered in layers of thick mutated muscle, making him look deceptively chunky. His eyes are pale green, they look small because of his thick brow. His hair is long and unkempt, it is a mix of brown with streaks of black. His body is covered in scars, ranging from bullet wounds to burns. His hands are large with thick digits, making it hard for Nork to operate any small machinery or carefully pick up any delicate objects. His legs are as thick as tree trunks and he has wide feet to support his immense bulk. His skin is extremely thick, due to mutation and the natural environment of Caustic Perch. He wears thick combat boots, patchwork pants and shirt, along with a custom made coat made from acid resistant material.[/BCOLOR]

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: Nork is a simple mutant, he enjoys fighting, eating, and drinking. Once he decides that someone is his boss, he will follow their orders without question or hesitation. He also is protective of "little 'uns", those that are small and weak. Unlike most mutants from Caustic Perch that value strength and hardiness. Nork appreciates those who are smarter than him and can use their wits to overcome problems instead of resorting to brute force. He is easily entertained, whether it be by simple magic tricks, stories, or other forms of entertainment. But beware of earning Nork's ire, for once he goes into a rage it only stops once his target is dead or he wears himself out. When he is in his berserker rage, Nork becomes a single minded killing machine that will not stop fighting until he has either won or he is dead. Loyal to a fault, Nork has an ambiguous sense of right or wrong. If his boss tells him to do something, even if it is morally objectionable, Nork will follow the command without remorse or question.

history:
○ [2272] - Nork is born in the small district of Caustic Perch. He is born abnormally large with large bones and extra muscle. His parents are proud that they have a strong child and raise him with the values of strength and power in mind
○ [2288] - As he grew older, Nork began to exhibit abnormal tendencies for a mutant. He would routinely seek out new things to learn and experience. He would often get in fights with those who bullied others and often exhibited a caring nature for the weaker but smarter mutants.
○ [2291] - One day a traveling merchant stopped by Caustic Perch to make a routine trade for the rare minerals that were only available in the caustic region in exchange for building supplies. An argument arose between the merchant and another mutant and the merchant was attacked by a group of mutants. Nork rushed in and fought off the mutants, saving the merchant. The mutant community saw this as a betrayal of their kind and ostracized Nork. The grateful trader offered Nork the chance to travel with him as a bodyguard, to which Nork happily agreed and left Caustic Perch behind.
○ [2293] - the merchant that Nork protected is killed in a robbery, causing Nork to fly into a rage and slaughter the group of bandits. The local peacekeeper of the town witnesses the event and offers Nork a job as the local watch guard. Nork accepts
○ [2294] - Nork saves the town from a proxy attack and is given a small celebratory feast.
○ [2296] - Nork grows restless and leaves the town with a merchant caravan. Seeking new experiences.
○ [2297] - After working for several shady employers, Nork gains slight infamy due to his use of brute force and not questioning his employer's tactics.
○ [2300] - Over the years, Nork worked for a variety of employers. He steadily built up a reputation as a loyal brute for those that hired him. He is now employed as a bouncer/guard for an inn on the outskirts of society in exchange for a place to sleep and food.

⌜POWERS & ABILITIES⌟
eclipse power: N/A
Lumina: N/A
Monarch Corpse Parts: N/A
Skills: Brawler, Large melee weapon proficiency, dulled nerves grant extra resistance to pain, thick skin grants protection equal to light armor.

pj9b3FL.png

[/div][/bG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone,

I'm very sorry to announce this, but this roleplay will not start due to me having lost interest in it, unfortunately. I apologize to you all for the wasted effort, I just can't do it if I'm not in it 100%, hope y'all understand.

SIKE! April's fools, of course. :P I'll give everyone who currently expressed interest time to finish their sheet, then we'll start.

• Love
Reactions: Aero Blue
>_> Sun.... I love you... but c'mon.

• Love
Reactions: sun.
It's chill I had one of my friends tell me her and her mother were packing up and moving to another state because her father went psycho.

And then go all April Fool's on me and I've never been so unimpressed with her in my life...like bruh...

SO YOU CAN'T PHASE ME.

Also I'm working on it, I swear. I got sick, so I'm behind again :(

[bG=#f6f3ed]
[bg=#333333]C H A R A C T E R | S H E E T[/bg]​

With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1) - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
pj9b3FL.png

⌜ABOUT⌟
name: Smith, Johnathan
place of birth: Bonheim
height: 160 cm/ 5' ft 3" Inches
weight: 56 kg/128 lbs
appearance: A male bearing dark skin, amber eyes, and evergreen hair, he presents himself in a manner of welcome and openness, with outstretched arms. His voice is extremely soft for his age, and many would assume him female based off voice alone. As a result of his vocal issues, his speech doesn't seem assertive, or dominant, causing him to be less prevalent in group and public conversations. He enjoys wearing a white outer robe over his metallic, and often semi-heavy armor. When naked, a few scars can be seen around his torso. Up close he comes off as pretty, but many mistake him for a female.

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: A wicked man bent on tiring others with banal banter, and improvised jokes. He understands life as a big mistake, for which nothing matters, besides himself. Easily enough, he comes off as a selfish prick. Never honor bound, and without common sense in moral applications, he acts out of his own volition, and seeks to improve only himself. In private, he's a lonely man, while in public, he views himself as a confident, competent winner in life. He thinks little of matters that do not concern him, only aiding others if the incentive benefits him.

history:
○ [2274] - Born in the core district, Johnathan was raised by his servants, as his parents led busy lives. Everything was given to him on a silver platter, as his parents were extremely wealthy due to their positions in the council.
○ [2280] - Johnathan obtains new servants, as his prior servants die in a transportation accident. One servant abuses Johnathan, causing the boy to become traumatized and desensitized to human interaction.
○ [2284] - He gains an interest in the council, often keeping up with the news. He one day hopes to attain a respectable position, but his father convinces Johnathan to quit his dreams, and to become a doctor.
○ [2292] - Johnathan enrolls in a medical academy, where he learns the art of medicine. His demeanor and status allow him to breeze through the academy easily. Unfortunately, the guilt of the servant's abuse begins to cloud his mind, and he deals with depression, while alone.
○ [2296] - Johnathan finishes up his tuition, and he becomes a full fledged doctor. His parents are proud, and Johnathan's life improves significantly. However, the dark moments of abuse still haunts his dreams, and out of impulse, he purchases weaponry to murder the servant.
○ [2297] - Johnathan murders the servant, and he's caught by the police. Due to his status, he's given the option of exile, which he chooses, as he fears death. The outcome results in the removal of his parents' place in the council, causing his parents to resent Johnathan.
○ [2298] - Living in the toxic world, Johnathan fortunately survives due to his medical knowledge, and the aid of rogue gang. He services the gang with his expertise in medicine and operations. Despite his current dilemma, he's content with life, only missing his old luxurious lifestyle.
○ [2302] - Johnathan up until the present time has worked tirelessly to obtain power in the rogue gang. Now, vice captain of the small gang, he's attempting to usurp the main captain, the one who took him in.

⌜POWERS & ABILITIES⌟
eclipse power: N/A
Lumina: N/A
Monarch Corpse Parts: N/A
Skills: Medical Education, General Education, Standard Mannerisms, Survival, Domestics, and Gunmanship.

pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]

-comes out of corner- Hey, I've been stalking this for some time since the banner caught my eye, and I just want to know if you're still letting new folks make sheets for review? I'm quite intrigued by this and I have a rough character concept, I just want to know if it's okay for me to drop a character sheet in here before I start filling one out ^.^'

Edit: The character concept I mentioned is a current or former Black Knight of some sort, though I have a few other half-formed ideas floating about if that doesn't work.

Last edited:
@rissa Accepted!
Lovely character, as always. :)

@Kimberlyn @Nav
Are you guys gonna submit sheets still? Just wanna know. :)

@Ronnilis
I'm very sorry, but I can't accept that character. Honestly, the selfish, anti-social trope is kind of a redflag to me, but moreso than a person preference, it's just a chore to create situations that make sense, and allow them to be involved. I've had several roleplays dragged into their deaths because everything had to revolve around making it work, and I'm not willing to tae that chance anymore. That's in no way a criticism of you as a person or a writer, just I don't find those characters acceptable to rp in a group with.

@Joan I'm aiming for a small group, so I'm starting to be a bit more critical now that some good characters have been submitted. You're free to shoot me a PM with a more developed concept, but no promises.

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan
@rissa Accepted!
Lovely character, as always. :)

@Kimberlyn @Nav
Are you guys gonna submit sheets still? Just wanna know. :)

@Ronnilis
I'm very sorry, but I can't accept that character. Honestly, the selfish, anti-social trope is kind of a redflag to me, but moreso than a person preference, it's just a chore to create situations that make sense, and allow them to be involved. I've had several roleplays dragged into their deaths because everything had to revolve around making it work, and I'm not willing to tae that chance anymore. That's in no way a criticism of you as a person or a writer, just I don't find those characters acceptable to rp in a group with.

@Joan I'm aiming for a small group, so I'm starting to be a bit more critical now that some good characters have been submitted. You're free to shoot me a PM with a more developed concept, but no promises.
Yes!

I am so sorry, gorgeous. I am so far behind. I totally understand if you need to start and I can just hope I can pop in later. I am planning on being 100% caught up by the end of Sunday, including having my CS finished, but I know the delay is on my behalf and I won't be offended if you want stuff sooner. 8D

#worstfriend2017

My dad's birthday is today so I'm busy today but I'll try to get you something tomorrow! ^.^

Yes!

I am so sorry, gorgeous. I am so far behind. I totally understand if you need to start and I can just hope I can pop in later. I am planning on being 100% caught up by the end of Sunday, including having my CS finished, but I know the delay is on my behalf and I won't be offended if you want stuff sooner. 8D

#worstfriend2017

Don't be a silly goose! xD Weekend is fine. I'm aiming for the intro post to be up Sunday, so we can properly start come next week. That's perfectly fine. Even if you needed a bit more time, you could always hop in later if you wanted. :)

• Love
Reactions: Nav
I will have it up by Friday, if all goes as planned! I've finally caught up with the rest of my roleplays, save one or two, so I can finally dedicate enough time to putting a sheet together. :) Should that sentiment change, I'll let you know!

• Thank You
Reactions: sun.
Er...I kinda went ham on my prompt and I feel almost bad. LOL. Also I wasn't sure if the way out of Bonheim was Cerberus-friendly but I wrote it as so. I'll edit if otherwise!
A lone man walked through the ruins of the dome while his mind traversed elsewhere. It traveled to where his lasting vengeance began and to where everything wrong and right in his life could be traced back. With a cigar between his lips and the barrel of his rifle scraping against the road as he dragged it along, Diederick allowed himself to go back one more time...to that very first night he dared to escape Bonheim.
Fiona was a fiery woman who was just as likely to drink you under a table as she was to cook you dinner, which considering she was a chef by trade, meant she drank...a lot. It never got to the point where Diederick found himself put off though, instead it actually had quite the opposite effect.

She was just passionate enough, just wild enough, to make the man turn away from his life of regime and structure and never look back.

A good part of his job enforcing Bonheim's border was just that however, regulations and protocol. Normally, he'd sit in a control room staring at the southwest gate wishing he was lucky enough to practice his shot. Knowing what he had to do today though, Diederick wished for anything but.

He glanced at the clock and took a deep breath. It was time. Diederick turned to the guard next to him and with a snap of movement, he held the man's throat in a tight lock. When his co-worker resisted, the sharpshooter tightened and soon the man's body went limp. He opened the gates and lunged out of the security office.

With his rifle loaded and ready he ran through the dimly lit halls. If things were going accordingly, Fiona would be waiting for him outside with his Magna Corp Cerb. It was dual seated like most Watcher-issued Cerberus machines but they preemptively had it modified by their old friend Tocino so they couldn't be tracked.

Instead, Diederick was greeted by the barrel of three guns trained on the doorway. In the moment of confusion that followed, the sharpshooter drew first blood. With quick reflexes he brought up his rifle and shot the man closest to him before diving towards the nearest cover. He landed short however and paid the price when he felt bullets pepper his left calf.

Cursing through the pain but running on adrenaline, he repositioned quickly and shot the next guard before she could make it to cover. Diederick then ducked back down and took a moment to apply pressure on his lower leg. He took another deep breath and stood out of cover once more. With one decisive shot the third guard crumbled and Fiona appeared a moment later on the Cerberus, her red hair trailing behind her like waves of fire.

Damn what a beautiful sight she was.

"There you are, love!" Diederick sighed with relief as he hobbled over, his expression shifting as he saw her shoulder running red. Oddly enough his lips formed a grin. "What happened to the 'dodging all the bullets' part of the plan you were talking about?"

She rolled her eyes as he got on behind her. "You have zero right to be talking. You know that right?"

Their repartee was cut short as alarms began to ring. With determination flaring in their eyes at the sound Diederick nodded to Fiona and she nodded back.The two of them shot off through the gates and Magna Corp guards on their own Cerberus machines appeared in pursuit. Diederick twisted his body and soon enough the sound of gunshots rang all throughout the dark tunnel.

They broke out into the bridge and so came the last part of their escape. Diederick shouted over the sound of gunfire and wind rushing past them as moonlight lit the road before them. "Tell me you got the jammer Tocino made!"

"I forgot." She shot back seriously, winking over her shoulder when her lover gave her a look. "Kidding. Back pocket."

Shaking his head but smiling he got the device, activated it with a button push and rolled it towards the guards tailing them. The jammer blinked and suddenly the guard's Cerbs were brought to a sudden stop. The effect was far from permanent but it gave them enough time to make distance and that was all they needed.
By the time Diederick snapped back into the present, he was standing at the makeshift grave he had built. It was unmarked and stood outside what remained of the home they built up in Atlas. It was the best he could manage at the time for his wife and daughter.

A poignant frown found his lips and he bent down, an infinitely jaded and older man than the one that raced out of Bonheim all those years ago. He placed his rifle down momentarily and took off his visor. He reached into a small pocket in his bag and placed down what flowers he had managed to gather since the last time he came to see them.

"Sorry I haven't visited in awhile...Bonheim is shit for good looking flora." He chuckled softly, his worn electric blue eyes staring up at the sky as he settled down for a moment of silence.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: sun. and rissa
I'm interested in joining but not sure if it would be good place to just hop in...

By the way, for those of you using Discord, I have created a Server, if you wanna come and plot there. :) Just leave me a PM or post here that you want to join, all approved members will get a link then. :)
PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.