[bg=#333333]C H A R A C T E R | S H E E T[/bg]

Landsick - Chuck Ragan
pj9b3FL.png

⌜ABOUT⌟
name: Scout (Viesa, Coriander)

place of birth: Bughouse City, Brondel Island
height: 137.16 cm (4.5 ft.)
weight: 33.11 kg (73 lbs.)
appearance: Although petite in frame, Scout's vibrant paris-green hair and scarlet-vermilion eyes are off-putting enough to notify most people of her abnormality. Her hair reaches her lower ribcage easily, gentle waves rolling throughout it. Her round face, along with a flatness most would consider pre-puberty, classify her as lacking in the "sexy" apartment--but since she constantly wears a grin, one could bypass sexy in return for vivacity, and an aura most would expect from a younger sister. As she's practically yelling the entire time, it's no surprise she dresses like a tomboy. Scout adores her green cargo pants--the many pockets and heavily worn fabric complimenting her khaki sleeveless top (which she keeps sloppily untucked, and therefore reaches her thighs with ease). A polka-dotted blue bandanna hides under a red-and-burgundy oblong scarf, the chunky nature of it somehow going well with an oversized navy jacket.
pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: A child at heart, Scout has a small obsession with adventure and the unknown. Anywhere she hasn't gone, she'd want to go. Anything she hasn't ate will be eaten, and anything she hasn't done...well, with certain exceptions, she would like to do. Very loud and very curious, you can constantly find her collecting small knick-knacks and putting them in her many pockets. While she likes to consider herself an honest person, she doesn't mind making small white lies. Unsurprisingly, she's very naïve, having never truly experienced corruption or deceit on a major level. Although this has remained a constant all of her life, she does acknowledge that the world isn't a walk-through-the-bridges. It has many challenges...but what's a good adventure without a good challenge?

history: Born into a family that quickly changed her mother's status to single, Scout started off her life as Coriander Viesa--who was raised from age 5 by her neighbors after an unfortunate incident. These neighbors provided their adoptive daughter with gardening, dancing, and singing lessons- but tried to suppress her urge to go out and explore. As a result, Scout ran away from her home at age 14, an intense case of wanderlust leading her to where she is today, three years later.

[2284] - Coriander Viesa was born, her biological father abandoning his family shortly after her birth. Over the course of this year, her mother became very close with the family who lived just across the small bridge from them.
[2289] - Coriander's mother, who suffered from post-partum depression, shuts her five-year-old child outside of the house one night, before committing suicide via bleeding out. The family next door woke up early in the morning to the sounds of a child crying, and upon discovering what had happened, decided to adopt previously mentioned child.
[2291] - Coriander, now seven years of age, often spends her days climbing up and down the trees of Bughouse City-- much to the dismay of her adoptive parents. To try and keep her grounded to the bridges and platforms, her 'father' builds a system of gardening boxes that the child has to climb up and down twice a day in order to maintain the crops and flowers inside. They also provide their daughter with a martial arts teacher, a foreigner who inspires the girl to find her own place that makes her feel like she 'belongs'.
[2292] - Upon the realization that their attempts at placating Coriander's boundless energy have failed, her family then decides to send her to biweekly dance lessons- to try to tire out her body. They also have her begin singing lessons, in an attempt to tire out her lungs, as the girl never seems to shut up.
[2294] - Now reaching double-digits in age, Coriander begins to question her parents about what lies outside of Brondel Island. Of course, they evade and divert these questions away- with the assumption that this is just another phase that will pass in their child. Instead, they attempt to instill the ideas of an entertainer within their daughter, often taking her to local dance and song competitions and letting her perform.
[2297] - As she becomes more persistent with her curiosity, Coriander's parents begin to bicker and argue with her about priorities in life--and begin to place more and more restrictions on their daughter.
[2298] - Tired of the secrecy her parents have formed, Coriander decides to take matters into her own hands. Leaving a farewell letter behind, she runs away from Brondel Island, taking a small raft she had built and stocked with a good amount of food and water. She decides to change her name to Scout on a whim, as she's never really enjoyed the mouthful her name provides (also, she's like a superhero now!)
[2299] - Shipwrecking a few miles off of Jubilee, Scout notices the perfect opportunity to earn money. Soon enough, a mysterious performer named the "Green Selkie" has earned a reputation as a lovely performance in Jester Skirts.

⌜POWERS & ABILITIES⌟
Eclipse Power: N/A

Lumina: N/A
Monarch Corpse Parts: N/A
Skills: Dancing ~*~ Singing ~ * ~ Climbing ~ * ~ Advanced User of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ~*~ Intermediate Gardening Skills ~*~ Beginner Sailor
pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for the double-post, but I have some questions! (Questions which, yes, I should have probably asked before making a character...oops.).

-History-

~ Are there still undead in the Calameet?

~ Do nomadic tribes/people still exist, or are they practically non-existent anymore?

-Locations-

~ Are there any mutated wildlife that exist outside the domed havens? (examples: Giant Insects like Cockroaches *shudder*)
~ To be more specific (because that's a very broad question) how exactly do the people in Bughouse City become harmonized with nature?

~ Does Brondel Island have a dock/port that people can use to travel on/off the islands...or is the island also isolated from the rest of the world?

-Technology-

~ Are Proxies 'tamable' (or, at the very least, able to understand basic commands/requests?)

~ Because all of the Contact Globes run through a central communications device, does every model have a GPS-signal tracking thing? (Can people be tracked through them, like cell phones?)

~ How exactly does nautical travel work? Are there boats that float on water/air, and if so do they work in any special way? Are there smaller, one-person boats that may or may not go faster than the bigger ships?

~ ARE THERE PIRATES?

~ Is it possible to paint a Cerberus--or is that "illegal modification"?

-Powers/Abilities-

~ Can Calamity Trees be found annnywhere? Or are they mostly just in Calameet?

~ Do Eclipse fruits or seeds grant the magical shenanigans? And do the seeds share the same power, or are they different variations of the same "base power"?

~ If one were to eat an Eclipse fruit with multiple seeds, would it be reasonable to assume that their natural potential would increase compared to somebody who just ate a single seed, and/or their powers would be more likely to evolve _____ (quicker? more diversely?)?

-Rogues-

~ Do rogues usually travel alone, or in packs/groups/crews?

~ Are there "territories" in which certain rogues claim, and are there bases in which these rogues live in?

~ For the 'baddies' amongst rogues, do they regularly raid/attack/steal supplies from the dome havens? Is that why they're considered criminals, versus the idea that they're just a different class of people who don't enjoy domed havens?

Apologies for the double-post, but I have some questions! (Questions which, yes, I should have probably asked before making a character...oops.).

I'll go over your questions first in case you want to make any adjustments based on the answers. :)

Are there still undead in the Calameet?
Undead as in the mindless masses of the great plague? No, not currently. But there is more to Undead than that, that's all I'll reveal for now. :P

Do nomadic tribes/people still exist, or are they practically non-existent anymore?
They definitely exist! Especially in Create's wasteland. Arguably, the Caustic Perch residents are all tribal, due to the lack of an organized society. Sunny Valley has a much nice climate than Create, and also houses many nomads.

Are there any mutated wildlife that exist outside the domed havens? (examples: Giant Insects like Cockroaches *shudder*)
There could very well be. I will add a wildlife tab eventually, it's just sort of a big chunk of work I couldn't get done in time. However, I'll also accept suggestions. If you have an idea for wildlife (perhaps to include in/root your backstory) then feel free to PM me.

To be more specific (because that's a very broad question) how exactly do the people in Bughouse City become harmonized with nature?
Brondel Island is, despite the human population, basically untouched. They build their houses, and they have ships, but they don't build anything that'd negatively impact the island, nor are they super advanced, technologically. They're not primitive either though. They also actively take care of the environment.

Does Brondel Island have a dock/port that people can use to travel on/off the islands...or is the island also isolated from the rest of the world?
It has a side for ships to anchor, although I wouldn't quite describe it as a fully fledged port.

Are Proxies 'tamable' (or, at the very least, able to understand basic commands/requests?)
That would depend on the type of Proxy. The large majority are too large and/or too dangerous (wether intentionally or inadvertently) for humans to even attempt this. It is certainly possible though, yes.

Because all of the Contact Globes run through a central communications device, does every model have a GPS-signal tracking thing? (Can people be tracked through them, like cell phones?)
That would basically boil down to your resources and access to the facility. Magna could most likely do that, at least to an extent. Random hacker dude? Not so much.

How exactly does nautical travel work? Are there boats that float on water/air, and if so do they work in any special way? Are there smaller, one-person boats that may or may not go faster than the bigger ships?
Well, nautical travel is more or less gimmicky, in its purest form. Jubilee uses ships for fishing, as do some other metropoles. Magna has ships, basically "just in case". Some of the tiny New Pharona islands have ships because the Cerberus Network does not reach them. And some Rogue crews use ships because it lets them stay off the land for prolonged periods of time. Ships, in that sense, are just plain ol' ships, that float in the water. However, Cerberus machines can "swim" in the sense that some Cerberus Network roads are barely above sea-level. Ships come in different sizes just as in real life. While Cerberus machines are generally more comparable to futuristic motorcycles, there ARE different versions, some of which are large.

ARE THERE PIRATES?
Rogues ARE pirates, just under a different moniker, and not 100% water-bound.

Is it possible to paint a Cerberus--or is that "illegal modification"?
A simple paint job would be completely fine.

Can Calamity Trees be found annnywhere? Or are they mostly just in Calameet?
Literally anywhere. There's even been some that grew in the middle of the ocean. They're named due to being found in Calameet first, but are not exclusive. Perhaps Calameet's environment favors their growth somehow? ;)

Do Eclipse fruits or seeds grant the magical shenanigans? And do the seeds share the same power, or are they different variations of the same "base power"?
The fruits themselves are the actual things that grant powers. The seeds can do a variety of things. They can amplify a corresponding fruit's powers. They can grant temporary powers. They can cause great suffering if consumed by someone with an opposing power. They're quite unpredictable.

If one were to eat an Eclipse fruit with multiple seeds, would it be reasonable to assume that their natural potential would increase compared to somebody who just ate a single seed, and/or their powers would be more likely to evolve _____ (quicker? more diversely?)?
That would indeed be reasonable to assume, yes.

Do rogues usually travel alone, or in packs/groups/crews?
Rogues travel in packs, just like pirates, often even quite large groups. Although there are exceptions. The World Devils, for example, are a very small group, with no underlings. The Griselda Bandits, on the other hand, are literally thousands.

Are there "territories" in which certain rogues claim, and are there bases in which these rogues live in?
Seagull Body, along with the general New Pharona network of islands, is largely ruled by the Givennis, a small noble family, all of which are Rogues. Not officially of course, but practically. Griselda's Lot in Sunny Valley is a large area ruled by Griselda and her crew, and many people consider the entirety of Sunny Valley to be her turf, so to speak.

For the 'baddies' amongst rogues, do they regularly raid/attack/steal supplies from the dome havens? Is that why they're considered criminals, versus the idea that they're just a different class of people who don't enjoy domed havens?
I think by now it's probably redundant, since I explained Rogues are pirates, but yes. Not all cities are dome heavens, of course, and especially Bonheim is more or less safe from attacks. But generally, Rogues are criminals in the purest form, and steal or attack whatever they want. Rogues and Magna are inherently incompatible, basically.[/SIZE]

Rogues ARE pirates, just under a different moniker, and not 100% water-bound.
(^.^ ') Oops, that suddenly became very obvious now.

...I don't think that my CS has anything that opposes those answers? (The exception would be her raft...but she wouldn't steal a ship or anything like that yet , so I think it's reasonable?) With this in mind, I think I'll keep the CS as it currently is--so if you'd like to, you can check it over whenever!

Thank you for answering all those questions, though! There was a lot of them... (>.>)

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, for those of you using Discord, I have created a Server, if you wanna come and plot there. :) Just leave me a PM or post here that you want to join, all approved members will get a link then. :)

• Love
Reactions: rissa
Just realized there was an OOC out! Life has finally slowed down, so I should be able to dedicate my time to this! 8D

I'm still finishing up the reading. Once I've done so, I'll start working on a CS. :)

• Love
Reactions: sun.
Just realized there was an OOC out! Life has finally slowed down, so I should be able to dedicate my time to this! 8D

I'm still finishing up the reading. Once I've done so, I'll start working on a CS. :)

Sounds great, I'm excited to see your character. :)

Reactions: Rae
*slams fists down on table* CAN I MAKE A PIRATE OR NAH

Last edited:
Just a little update, I've been a busy with starting up my own rp but now that its out there I'll have the prompt up pretty soon. ♡

*slams fists down on table* CAN I MAKE A PIRATE OR NAH

*slams table on the ground* WE ALL GON' BE PIRATES AHOY

Just a little update, I've been a busy with starting up my own rp but now that its out there I'll have the prompt up pretty soon. ♡

No rush, it's all good in the hood. :)

• Love
I am just getting back from vacation and am a day or two out from being able to create a character but I am still interested.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: sun. and Bears
Are there still spots open? I was part of the interest check thread and didnt know the actual ooc thread was up.

• Love
Reactions: sun.
[bG=#f6f3ed]
[bg=#333333]C H A R A C T E R | S H E E T[/bg]​

Ghost - Clutch​

pj9b3FL.png

⌜ABOUT⌟
name: Winett, Quintana
place of birth: Honeykeep
height: 179cm/5'10ft
weight: 73kg/163lbs
appearance: Quin is tall for a woman and stronger than the average man. At a young age she began training and it has done wonders for her physique; muscle is riddled throughout her hard, toned frame. A woman of mixed heritage, Quin has bastardized monolid eyes and skin the color of bronze. She has dark hazel eyes (green and brown) with flecks of gold near her irises. Quin has a plethora of scars covering her body, but only one sticks out: across her left collarbone a still-pink fleshy scar reminds her of a time near death.

She is surprisingly soft spoken despite the rage flowing through her and the violence she creates. She walks with a predators grace; fluid, deliberate, and never in a rush. Her clothing oft includes armor of some kind or the other, scraps of surplus military gear, and well worn combat boots. When lounging or in need of comfortable attire, Quin can often be found in the equivalent of this.

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: Quintana Winett is an intense woman; her eyes are burning fires that speak of pain and suffering, of guilt and compassion, of ecstasy and chaos. Everything she does is calculated and nothing is ever done on a whim. Her conviction is powerful, albeit her stubbornness is more so, and you'll never see her give in to something she does not agree with, even if it means death. Though she has seen and done terrible things, Quintana forces herself to smile, to live beyond the things she's seen, and though dangerous in her line of work, let's herself hope that things cannot possibly be so terrible forever. Despite this, Quin has yet to learn how to shut down her anger and is known for her hotheadedness and ability to pummel her way through things she doesn't like. Despite this, her loyalty to Griselda has never been in question; in fact, it's actually kick-started her rise within the army.

history:
○ [2275] - Quin is born during springtime to one of Griselda's Bandit's and a Honeykeep native. For her first three years, life is good, simple even, as mother and father enjoy the horrors and wonders of parenthood.
○ [2279] - As she enters her fifth year life sours with unexpected news. Her mother, refusing to split from her lover, insists on travelling back to Griselda's Lot as a family. Though he thinks it a bad idea, he sees no other choice and leads them, mostly on foot, to the Lot.
○ [2280] - A few days before they reached their destination, Quin is unsupervised one morning during a particularly ugly fight. She strikes off on her own, a child still, and stumbles upon a Calamity Tree. She of course, did not know this at the time, and gobbled the fruit up, seeds and all. In fascination she watched the tree turn to dust and then bored, continued on with her adventure, belly now full.
○ [2280] - Tragedy strikes when they arrive at Griselda's Lot. Though not a deserter per se (he came back after all!) her father is sentenced as such and is executed shortly thereafter. It was simple, not a big deal, and Quin didn't understand it at all. Her mother is taken as a bed whore and she was taken to be raised as a soldier.
○ [2287] - Quin is on the cusp of puberty and the first wisps of her abilities are manifesting. She notices small differences at first (she could fight longer, run farther and faster, and aim better than the children she was raised with) and then all at once she could feel something, deep within her, like a well of untapped power. Scared, she refused to touch it for years, though she was still stronger than she ought to be.
○ [2294] - Years pass and she slowly -but steadily- climbs through the ranks. All she knows is the army, all she trusts is Griselda. Throughout her lonely life she's only ever made a few friends, mostly from the orphan kids like herself, raised from birth, or close enough to it, to serve Griselda.
○ [2298] - After years of training and taking orders, Quin and a small squad is given the task of retrieving semi-precious goods. The job ends up botched and Quin and three others barely make it back with their lives. In frustration and displeasure Griselda throws the lot of them in the Mono Dome. Luckily Quintana needn't go up against those she survived with - they were all killed in their first rounds. This is the first time Quin taps into the power within herself and it changes her entire outlook on life. She won, obviously, and started from the bottom and continued to work her way up the food chain once more.
○ [2301] - Three years coupled with hard work and loyalty paid off, and Quin is now comfortable with her position in the army, though continues to strive in order to reach the top.

⌜POWERS & ABILITIES⌟
eclipse power: Aura Manipulation Light FruitXClassification: Light

- Muladhara - Deals with the physical nature of the body.
Physical Augmentation: Users can channel their aura to increase their physical aspects.
- Swadhisthana - Deals with emotions.
Combat Perception: Predict the foe's movements by reading their emotional pulses.
- Manipura - Deals with self-energy and willpower.
Indomitable Will: User possesses a strong force of will.
[spoili]
- Anahata - Deals with healing.
Healing: Users can heal or regenerate themselves.
- Vishuddha - Deals with intelligence.
Causality Perception: Deduce cause and relations and create appropriate and effective counter measures.
- Anja - Deals with mental communication.
Astral Projection: Users are able to separate themselves from their psychical form.
- Sahasrara - Deals with awareness of illusions and obtaining a higher consciousness.
Aura Reading: Read the aura of another and gain information of one's emotion, health, and gain information of the special abilities of others.[/spoili]

Lumina: N/A
Monarch Corpse Parts: N/A
Skills:
- Hand-to-hand combat
- Survival skills
- Firearm and blade training
- Has been known to jerryrig just about everything.
- Keeping the cards stacked in her favor.

pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bears and sun.
I am just getting back from vacation and am a day or two out from being able to create a character but I am still interested.

No pressure. :)

Are there still spots open? I was part of the interest check thread and didnt know the actual ooc thread was up.

Yup! Still open and accepting. :)

@rissa

● Is it possible or too far a stretch for one of Griselda's Bandits to make his way to Honeykeep for a medium to short length of time?
That's totally possible. Griselda runs kind of a huge syndicate, and they are often totally free to do whatever due to her power and influence. Her headquarters, basically, is Griselda's Lot, but they can go wherever she orders her underlings, and most have free time to do whatever, so that works.

● What's the punishment for desertion?
Would probably vary on the individual. If Quin's dad was a meekly underling she probably wouldn't even notice, really, and he'd not be followed or anything. But since he goes back to the Lot and takes a bit of center stage attention, probably death, really. Or he might be disfigured and exiled. But... severe.

● How are the Bandits organized? How are members inducted? How strict are their ranks and how easy/difficult is it to climb the ranks?
Think of it as a mafia thing. Griselda is the godmother, with close confidants, and a ton of small-time thugs. Chains of commands, basically. Loyal members that consistently yield great results will get promoted, most certainly.

● How does the Mono Dome work? What are the victors like? Are they elevated/treated in any certain way? Does Griselda have any favorites? Does she look down at the contenders? Is it voluntary to enter or is it completely sanctioned-only fights?
The Mono Dome is basically a large territory with fences, guards, barbed wire, and scrappy fortresses/outposts surrounding it. For a good reference I'd look at Borderland's Carnage Campaign thingy, where those bikers drove around. The contestants are largely captives, notable enemies of Griselda, slaves, desperate locals, and irrelevant underlings that want to make a name for themselves/have pissed Griselda off. If they win, they get to live, since ya know... the loser dies. So it's a mix of all sorts of situations, and very much open for you to pick whatever you feel suits your needs the most. :)

● What's the youngest someone can be to consume Eclipse Fruits/Seeds and live?
The youngest confirmed person to consume either and develop powers without notable side-effects was 13. This will be expanded upon eventually, but it IS possible that people younger than that could do it, too.

● Is any of this possible or should I just start over? D:
No pls do it, do it ALL

• Thank You
@alaska

How exactly would one go about leaving one of the domed cities? Both legally and illegally? I've already got some ideas (the one I'm currently leaning towards involves the Cerberus Network) but I just wanna make sure my prompt is mechanically correct. :p

@alaska

How exactly would one go about leaving one of the domed cities? Both legally and illegally? I've already got some ideas (the one I'm currently leaning towards involves the Cerberus Network) but I just wanna make sure my prompt is mechanically correct. :p

Only Bonheim enforces the control agenda. Jubilee, for example, is extremely liberal and friendly, and one can more or less come and go as they please (although they do scan all incoming people, due to the Wasteland's radiation and the Caustic Perch toxins.

Bonheim has guarded Gates, which unluck whenever security opens them. There's a sorta tunnel behind the gate, and that one leads to the "bridges" that lead to the edge of the crate.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bears
I was reading through the lore and saw the picture for caustic perch. Its from borderlands 2 so that made me happy. Just wanted to let you know :D

@alaska question about caustic perch. (Since I plan on making a character from there). How bad are the mutations? Are we talking totally non human or more along the lines of extra organs, enhanced senses, etc?

Also how backwards is the society? I know they are a reclusive group. Do they use modern equipment, machines, tools, etc? Or are they an almost tribal/feral group?

I'm interested in roleplaying. Is there still room, since the roster's empty in the lore section?

Status
Not open for further replies.