Λbscence [Sign Ups & OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
After posting this i realized i kinda got carried away and wrote too much >.< sorry.

The sun beat down on the portly trader known as Sylvester Kitjon as he chatted with a possible customer. His bald head beaded with sweat as his usually upright waxed mustache drooped in the oppressive heat. His attire was one that was both practical and but also stylish. His trousers were lined with various hidden pockets and his slightly stained white shirt was made of a rare light but highly resistant material. What made him stand out the most was his dark purple overcoat that he always wore. In Kitjon's opinion, it was better to be noticeable rather than discreet. When competing in crowded markets, simply hollering to advertise your wares was not enough, you needed something to make you stand out and be unique. The plum colored overcoat not only was eye catching, but also a distinctive feature. One that gave returning customers a sense of familiarity when returning to shop.

Sylvester Kitjon was one of the more well known traders around the wasteland. Simply for the fact that he went out of his way to obtain unique and rare items that his customers would want. These items varied from rare medicinal herbs, to unique custom parts for old machinery that the more remote settlements relied on. Over time, this led to him attaining small fame as a reliable but also fair merchant. He even had a small stash of candy for when parents brought their children along. This was not only a nice gesture, but a marketing tactic. If the child knew they would receive candy when shopping with their parents, they would want to tag along. As a result, the parents had a higher chance of buying extra to either spoil their child, or satisfy their incessant pestering for a certain item.

The young man that Kitjon was trading with was on his way to make his fortune in one of the big cities. Kitjon offered some fatherly advice over which ways were safest and how to recognize when he was was being ripped off. While they chatted, Kitjon was able to convince the young man to buy some extra supplies for the road as well as a wallet that attaches to a belt to prevent pick-pocketing. Concluding their business, Kitjon bade the young man good luck and waved as he walked away. Sighing, Kitjon took out a handkerchief and wiped off the sweat from his head and sat down on the small stool behind his table. Behind him, his modified cerberus offered some shade with its bulk. The rear of the vehicle had been expanded and covered in metal to both carry more items as well as protect the more fragile goods from the elements. It had been a pricey purchase, but one that had paid off well over time. On the side in eye-catching bright purple lettering were the words, "Kitjon's Traveling Store".

Kitjon felt a presence in front of him and looked up to see three rough looking men. One was short and skinny, with beady rat like eyes and green dyed hair. The second was tall and lanky, with a tattoo on his right cheek. The third man was large and muscular, with a large scar across his mouth. Sensing trouble, but not trying to be discriminatory, Kitjon put on his best smile. "Welcome gentlemen! Are you here to browse my wares? I assure you I have just about anything you might possibly need." The lanky man stepped forward and sneered, "here's the thing man. You are selling on our turf, and you did not pay the tax for protection. As it is your first time here, I am willing to be nice and give you a chance to pay up. If you don't...then you might not like our response." The smaller man laughed evilly as the brute of the three cracked his knuckles threateningly. Sighing in disappointment, Kitjon crossed his arms defiantly. "I am afraid I cannot do that. Now i kindly ask you to please leave or you may get hurt." The lanky leader paused, clearly expecting the opposite reaction. "What did you just say you fat fuck? It sounded like you were asking to get your ass kicked." Kitjon stood his ground and glared at the thugs, "I warned you." Turning to the cerberus, Kitjon knocked on the side. "Nork? Can you come out here for a second? I need your assistance."

The cerberus groaned as a massive weight shifted inside. The doors to the cargo space opened and the vehicle creaked as the massive weight was lifted from the shock absorbers. A giant of a man rounded the corner of the vehicle, his massive size towering over even the brutish thug. His long unkempt hair hung around his shoulders as his small beady eyes turned to Kitjon. "Wassa matter boss? Need me ta lift sometin?" Kitjon smiled and shook his head, "not this time Nork. These men have threatened to hurt me. Please teach them some manners, but do not kill them. Simply teach them a lesson." Nork's eyes narrowed as he turned to face the three thugs. "You gonna hurt boss? Imma hurt you first, nobody messes with the boss!" Nork roared the last words, causing the thugs to instinctively flinch.Recovering and putting on a brave face, the leader smacked the other two. "Dont let that freak scare you! Sounds like he is dumber than a proxy, plus we have weapons." The leader reached behind himself and pulled out a long curved knife. The small ratlike man reached into his pocket and pulled out an extendable stun baton, activating it with a buzz. The brutish thug pulled out a spiked club and growled.

The three thugs spread out as Nork lumbered towards them. The four combatants were silent for a moment, waiting to see who would make the first move. Nork roared a battlecry and charged towards the knife wielding leader, but whirled around when smaller thug shocked the back of his leg. Nork reached out with surprising speed and grabbed the arm of the offending attacker. "Hehe, that tickled." The small thug cried out in pain as Nork crushed his arm with a sickly popping sound, dropping his stun baton. Nork was about to smash his other fist into the man when the brutish thug charged in and slammed the club into the back of Nork's head. Growling in annoyance, Nork backhanded the the attacking thug, sending him flying into a heap several feet away. Nork turned to face the leader and growled, "little man with little knife no hurt me." The leader sneered, "oh yeah? Lets hear you say that after I cut off your balls and feed them to you!" The man lunged at Nork, swiftly dodging a massive fist and rolling behind him. Before Nork could turn, he jammed the knife deep into Nork's back. Roaring in rage, Nork spun around with the knife still in his back and grabbed the man by the throat. Lifting him off the ground, Nork stared into the man's eyes as he slowly began to squeeze. The man flailed in panic, his breaths becoming pained and strangled as Nork slowly began to crush his throat.

Suddenly Kitjon placed a hand on Nork's arm, "Nork! That is enough!" Nork looked at Kitjon and back at the thug in his hand. He stopped for a moment, clearly deciding on whether to break the man's neck or not. But after a few moments of thinking, Nork dropped the man and turned to Kitjon. "Sorry boss. I dint want him ta hurt ya." Kitjon smiled and patted Nork's massive arm. "I appreciate the thought Nork, but we are not savages like them and kill indiscriminately." Kitjon turned to face the leader but was greeted by the sight of the man running away in fear. Smiling to himself, Kitjon turned back to Nork. "Does that knife hurt Nork?" Nork shrugged and turned around a few times as he tried to look over his shoulder, "itches a little, not bad." Kitjon smiled with relief and began to guide Nork back towards the cerberus. "Let me take that out for you, then you can have some candy for a good job." Nork's eyes lit up in excitement as he gave a wide toothy smile at the praise. "Tanks boss, you da best."

Reactions: alaska
Alrighty everyone, I'm currently working on the opening post, should be up in a while. @Mordecai @Kimberlyn I'll keep two spots reserved for now, so feel free to still post sheets, should be fairly easy to integrate them in the first few days. :)

Everyone who posted their prompts and such business is accepted, the roster post is also updated, just fyi. :)

• Love
Reactions: Dunruffle and rissa
@rissa @Dunruffle @Shizuochan @BearEnthusiast

It's heeeeeeeere!

Λbscence

Basically, I'm giving everyone a first impression of the scene. Ideally, you'd describe how you ended up coming there. I tried to make it so everyone would have a reason to be there, be it because of merchant stuff, being sent there, being associated with Rogues; You can be creative too. Just introduce yourself, react to the scene, whatever you like, I'll move us ahead fairly quickly. :)

Just to let you guys know I do not have access to my computer most of the day so I will pnly be able to use discord occassionally. If you need to talk to me just sending me a pm or tagging me in the OOC thread will work best.

Also @alaska just to make sure. The person eating all the food in the intro post is Nork right?

Just to let you guys know I do not have access to my computer most of the day so I will pnly be able to use discord occassionally. If you need to talk to me just sending me a pm or tagging me in the OOC thread will work best.

Also @alaska just to make sure. The person eating all the food in the intro post is Nork right?

xD No, I'll explicitly mention if I have to move characters, but I won't bunny them unless necessary. You're welcome to let Nork grab a bit too though. :)

After consideration, I think I'll need to step back from this one. My health has been going crazy as of late ('course it's always been shitty but it's being extra shitty), and I'm in the process of wrapping up my roller coaster of a semester! Best of luck to you all, as this does look quite fabulous indeed!

I also never got around to reading much of the lore but ya know

After consideration, I think I'll need to step back from this one. My health has been going crazy as of late ('course it's always been shitty but it's being extra shitty), and I'm in the process of wrapping up my roller coaster of a semester! Best of luck to you all, as this does look quite fabulous indeed!

I also never got around to reading much of the lore but ya know

Alrighty. Get better :) And good luck surviving school. :P

• Thank You
Reactions: Rae
Whew! Finally got my post in. My new job has been kicking my butt (doggy day care caretaker). Sorry if it is a little on the short side, I just wanted to post something before I forgot about it again. ^^;;

Whew! Finally got my post in. My new job has been kicking my butt (doggy day care caretaker). Sorry if it is a little on the short side, I just wanted to post something before I forgot about it again. ^^;;

Quality, not quantity :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Dunruffle
Well, originally I had intended to move everyone ahead again, but since we all got together so naturally, I'll let everyone get out a couple of posts before we start chasin'. :P I'll post with Torres in a bit btw. :)

• Love
Reactions: rissa
Hey, can I still join? I saw your ad, and was very interested in this.

Heyo! I've expressed interest to alaska in PM's about this neato idea, and I'm just leaving this CS here for review. It's a first draft, so it might need to undergo changes and whatnot.

[bG=#f6f3ed]
[bg=#333333]C H A R A C T E R | S H E E T[/bg]​

God is an Astronaut - Fragile
pj9b3FL.png

⌜ABOUT⌟
name: Pysen, Grant
place of birth: Bonheim
height: 165cm / 5'5ft
weight: 139lbs / 63kg
appearance: Possessing a scrawny frame, a long shaggy mess of hazel-brown hair, and often wearing baggy clothes with various packs slung around him, Grant upon first sight looks like some sort of 'sophisticated delinquent'. His posture always seems arched over slightly, his hands naturally in his pockets most of the time, giving him somewhat of a weak and flimsy nature by glance. His chin and nose are smooth and narrow, with little-to-no signs of stubble on his face whatsoever, making him appear quite feminine. He wears a signature, stylish pair of amber-tinted glasses, treasuring them greatly, along with wearing four earrings per ear for some reason. He speaks in a medium-pitched, slow, and sophisticated tone, often humming a little between each of his words.

pj9b3FL.png

⌜PERSONAL⌟
personality: Grant, for the most part, is a very clear-headed, relaxed, and calm individual. He carries a sense of wisdom and sensibility that can be soothing to some, and displays the occasional show of wit. Whilst generally considered by most as an intelligent young man, he has a habit of tripping on his words, being clumsy, and generally making poor decisions in pressured social environments. He's easy to intimidate, and unless there's a plan backing him up, he's very quick to lose his cool when put into a threatening situation. When around an individual with a highly dominant personality, he's quick to turn submissive and introverted, often finding the first chance to get away from those sorts of people. It's clear he cares for others, and will go out of his way to give someone a hand, but if anything ever challenges his ultimate goal, he's quick to ignore others and think of 'her' safety only. He tends to like others that maintain a chilled out or positive attitude.

history:
○ [2280] - Grant is born into the world under a rich, well-respected, and intelligent couple within the upper-high class sections of Bonheim. On the same day, his sister, Rhia, is born along with him.
○ [2286] - Not seeing much of his mother due to her busy work at an advanced medical facility, Grant's father ensures the two of them get the best life possible at home, perhaps even spoiling them slightly. Grant's father noticed how well the two siblings got along.
○ [2290] - At the age of 10, Grant is shown to possess a very high level of intelligence compared to most children around his age, leading him to be especially tutored. His sister, Rhia, on the other hand, isn't so lucky, often being in the lower sets of school. Despite Grant's protests, Rhia is somewhat neglected because of this.
○ [2293] - At 13 years old, Grant shows that he's got everything it takes and more to be a successor to his mother and father in the family line of medical work. Rhia, unable to grasp these skills, becomes envious and depressed due to this attention, becoming more disjointed from Grant and the family. Rhia even begins to abuse, criticism, and ignore Grant despite his efforts to try and make her happy.
○ [2295] - A huge family argument occurs, with Grant's parents saying a remark insulting and disgusting enough to make Rhia run away from home. The family is sure she'll be back, but in a week, she isn't. When searches fail to produce results, to Grant's horror, his parents simply pass it off and move on.
○ [2296] - Doing his best to continue on with his education, Grant begins to study medical sciences, swiftly acquiring the skills needed to become a high-end surgeon, which would surely secure him a safe future. Despite his success, Grant can't find happiness knowing his sister is gone, out there somewhere, with his parents virtually uncaring about it.
○ [2297] - News comes in that Rhia, to Grant's disbelief, has become a wanted criminal in the time of her absence. Despite her low age, wanted posters say she's been involved in drug trafficking & theft. His parents disown her at this point, refusing to even acknowledge her as a daughter, but Grant secretly wishes above everything to talk to her just one more time.
○ [2298] - Grant graduates notably early, being titled an 'exceptional student' and passing various medical exams with flying colours. He gets the right, even at 18, to start work as an experienced surgeon. Work is stressful, hard, and extremely intensive, but he manages it, using technology to save various patients to genius effects.
○ [2299] - One day, Grant is horrified to be presented with his latest patient: Rhia. His sister suffering gunshots to the spine, minor abrasions to the head, and other minor injuries likely caused from a criminal scenario, Grant works himself to the limit operating on her as best as possible. Rhia survives, but despite all of his efforts, his colleagues inform him that she'll likely be in a permanent coma, paralyzed indefinitely from spine damage so severe not even modern technology can properly fix it.
○ [2230] - Failing to find any 'miracle healer' that cares enough to return the supposed criminal back to consciousness, Grant leaves behind everything: his education, his house, his promising future, and even the respect of his parents, to risk everything and pool all of his efforts into obtaining light fruits... just to obtain the healing power needed to hear Rhia's voice again.

⌜POWERS & ABILITIES⌟
Eclipse power: N/A
Monarch Corpse Parts: N/A
Skills: Experienced Surgeon || Adept Chemist || Computer Whiz || Serene Singing Voice || Agile Frame

pj9b3FL.png

[/bG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jakers is accepted, henlo friend <3

Hey, can I still join? I saw your ad, and was very interested in this.

Yup, still open! As always, just so everyone is comfortable and aware, this roleplay will contain mature themes. It is not a redstar roleplay, I just feel the need to stress it out for underage users so they know whether or not that's something they'd like to participate in. :)

Just posting myself in here that I'll be working on a character and such for this cause this looks icy cool. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.