Kore Wa Resutoran Desu ka?! (Is this a restaurant!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kona

Kona quietly walked into the restaurant, and punched into the system. She was late, or at least, late by her terms, which of course meant she was five minutes early. She tended to make it a habit of arriving around thirty minutes early, as it gave her time to relax and study for around thirty minutes before she came into the restaurant. It was a pass time she quite enjoyed, and she felt a little sad she missed it today. Ah well, it was what happened when you worked at the cafe full time and went to college for the rest of it. She smiled as she walked towards the back where the kitchen and called out in a loud english voice that was effected by an unmistakably japanese accent. The voice came off as joival and happy, though slightly less so then her norm, and it certainly would be noticeable.

"Hurro!"

Slumping a bit with a sigh at her answer, Kazama might have laughed were he not worried as to what would happen after. She was still upset about her food being taken. The woman could eat, apparently.

"Well... would you live for me to go ask the cook to make something...?"

Despite offering that, Yoriko then went into a fit of mumbling unintelligible comments, ranging from some mistake to the floor staff sorting it out and somehow to—baseball? What was she talking about? The only part of it he did clearly catch was her advising to go assist Hibari. Supposedly, there was something down there that would anger her. That didn't last too long as she went off murmuring about food again and seemed to be in her own little world. Chuckling a bit nervously, Kazama decided to excuse himself and proceed over to Hibari, she was easier to talk to. Well, barely. On his way, he heard someone speaking a heavily accented. Looking over to see who possessed it, Kazama was filled with glee that it was a seemingly normal, cute girl. He wasn't happy because she was a cute girl, but because she seemed normal, though he wasn't sure if she was one of the staff or just a customer. She seemed like she knew everyone, but if the latter, he could relax with the thought that at least the customers weren't terrifying.

"Hibari-san, your sister began mumbling about something about baseball... a mistake... and something about you angrily grinding your teeth. I don't really understand what that means, but I think it's worth some concern."

Even if Kazama wasn't sure for what exactly he was warning the girl from, he figured he should at least tell her what he did know. As he told her this, he seemed to hold a smile that looked a bit forced. He felt a damn scowl burning into the back of his head. It was that cook again! Screw drinking buddy! It felt he'd need to write the orders in English to avoid getting mugged! Still, Kazama tried to ignore it and greet the girl.

"Are you also one of the staff? I'm Kazama, I start here today."

Reactions: Akashi
(OOC Hmm he'll get hit but not in the way he expects.)

As Hibari stands there, there wasn't much for her to do yet, then a torrent of madness seemed to come crashing upon her. Firstly with Abe coming to finish off what was left of the cake box..which was her own peice she had placed back into it. Staring at the man, he eyes open as a open mouth like gaze appears on her face. "..dark choclate..the cake..Nee Sama.. Nee Sama...help.." Waving her arms much like a police man directing traffic she points at the offender. Ignoring the presence of all others, with a single minded purpose she awaits the glorious vengence.. "..that was mine...reflect on what you have done on your trip to hell..Abe-san.." In her own way, Hibari seemed as scary as her eldest sibling..or at least more vendictive.

Having gotten her sisters attention, the later was starving, well maybe not starving so much as being a glutton, reacts to seeing the cake icing on the mans lips. "ORA YOU SON OF A BITCH! THAT WAS MINE THAT BASTARD BUTLER STOLE IT!" Exiting from the collecting area, she has both hands on her hips, staring with a questioning gaze, that also seemed to suggest violence would be following shortly as a result.

"No Nee-sama..its mine..he ate it.." Hibari says in a flat yet pleading manner.

"Tch..so both of you would deny what is mine.." Shuddering briefly as her right hand comes up to her face a wicked grin appears. "..first the butler steals it..then you eat it..after she takes it..family taking food..eheheheh...Abe San..don't run Abe san..." Walking towards Abe with her psychotic glare, Hibari sits back smiling at the display, as Nee-Sama stars with a right hook, apperantly working around him. She seemingly wanted to drive him back into the kitchen, out of sight to carry out her violence. Well unless someone stopped or distracted her at any rate, the poor cook would likely end up with either a single punch to his face..at the very least. Though if her first blow landed, that likely would be enough to appease her, but it might not be..regardless it could also affect how well the cook could perform today.

Hibari now having her..justice set in motion turns her attention back to the new working. Wondering what he was going on about, she looks over his shoulder in time to see two groups of baseball players shoving each other aside as if to decide which team got to go in first. Narrowing her eyes shut, and her face going back to its typical blank expression. With a loud audiable pop, and what sounded liek teeth grinding, her jaw seems to be a bit tighter than normal.

"...Nee-sama...why?...do you hate me that much nee-sama..to..expect me to work.." Turning her gaze towards the other staff, and sighing, she turns to Kazama. "..You are the only dependable one here..maybe..tell Kona to get up here..warn Hayate..give Nee-sama a bag of chips..your cheese cake if you must..appease her like the demon she is..Abe cannot go to hell yet..that will have to wait..go...be the hero..panty thief.." With a glum expression on her face as nearly fourty people gather just behind the door, Hibari's expression would remind one of an infantry in a trench, resigned to her fate. Given her reactions its difficult to tell just what emotion or expression she was thinking.

Kona

Kona nodded. Her language went from english to japanese in a snap.

"Yup, I work here. Been pretty interesting. I certainly hope that Yoriko-san isn't causing problems again. It would be bad for her to keep going off on people, she might drive all the new employees out the door, and then where would we be?"

Even though the topic of potential stafflessness was serious, Kona's seemed to retain a happy smiley face. For now she switched her attention to wherever the sometimes/all the time psychotic glutton was.

"Yoriko-san! Where are you! I brought dark chocolate cake! Yoriko-san! Better hurry or i'll find Hibari-san and let her eat it!"

Indeed, the girl seemed to have a container tucked under her right arm. If one studied it close enough it seemed to have a lid that was somewhat smeared with icing. The girl had come prepared for a case such as this.

In the kitchen and in his cooking garments, Katashi walks to a fro attending to pots, skillets, and counter tops. Preparing meals as the sports teams lingers outside, he goes into action. Beginning with a pot Katashi peels ingredients before chopping them on a cutting board with habitual speed. Finishing in minutes he dumps them in the pot and goes to grab more from the fridge. Once finished he puts a lid on it and lets it sit before pulling a skillet off one of the racks. Adding oil, meat, then greens he stirs it while it cooks adding spices till it's recipe perfect where he leaves it to simmer. Using another pot he starts on the rice before turning to see Abe being barked at by their ever friendly boss. Hearing her voice clearly in the kitchen he can't help but smirk. Picturing in his mind a younger Yoriko throwing an tantrum over not getting her sweets in a similar fashion.

"S-Should we do something...? ...Can we do anything?"

Obviously, Kazama was a bit distraught watching Yoriko angrily berate the poor cook who no longer looked so intimidating. Despite fear of the woman, he was contemplating trying to talk her out of it. What could he say though? Hell, Hibari's the one that sent her on the rampage. Couldn't she say something? Actually, even if she could, her soft, monotonous voice likely wouldn't have a chance at competing with Yoriko's harsh, loud one combined with the clanks, thuds and bangs resulting from whatever it is she hit when she missed Abe. The look on her face though. That was worst part of it.

"...A-Akuma..."

Muttering that with a clear trembling, matters only grew worse as Kazama heard conflict growing outside to boot. Turning around, the newbie saw two—baseball teams? Some others two, likely fans. Why were they trying to rush in? They could just go in one by one! Why did sports have to rile everyone up so much? Add that to the fact that Hibari now designated as the one to fix all this, telling him to go appease that ogre of a woman somehow and warn Hayate.

"Wha-I'm not...! Oh fine! ...Ah..."

Due to the current happenings, Kazama had forgotten that Kona was right behind him. Upon turning and going to dash upstairs, he rammed into her and, although the two employees were fine, the cake—the only thing able to appease the damn woman was now on the floor. Kazama sat there like a deer in headlights, first staring down at the cake, then slowly moving up to the proclaimed demon who had now switched targets. Her eyes were gleaming with a gluttonous rage and burning a hole through him. Normally Kazama, being the well-mannered, normal person he is, would've apologized and proceeded to clean up the mess. In this situation, however, he threw all manners out the window and dashed out from the front of the store and over towards the stairs like a bat zooming out of hell.

"Y-YORIKO-SAN! CAKE IS NOT WORTH MURDERING SOMEONE OVER!"

"Eh? What are you on about?" Abe said to Hibari through a mouthful of cake. He involuntarily gulped when Yoriko appeared, looking like a demon from hell. "Oh knuckle-fucks..." He muttered in English. "L-look boss, I didn't know. I-I'm sorr-yeEE!" He said as he dodged the first swing. Ever since he first met her, Abe knew that he had no chance against Yoriko in a fight. However, he knew the longer this played out with him avoiding her, the worse it would be when she finally caught him, and god help him if he actually fought back. Besides, I ate her cake. Time to pay the price. Mustering up his courage, he stood his ground, braced himself, gritted his teeth and took it on the chin.

He spun, wobbled, but remained on his feet. Huh, I stayed conscious this time. Several years of occasional savage beatings from Yoriko had toughened him considerably. "Are you satisf-woah." He wobbled again, taking a step to steady himself. Unfortunately the step he took was down the stairs, and he started falling down them and into Kazama as he was coming up to try to break up the fight. Kazama and Abe helped each other up and Kazama asked if he was okay. "Eh, bossh ain't that angry." Abe said through his swelling jaw.

"How can you tell?"

"I'm shtill conshcioush."

(OOC: Sorry for controlling your char, @EmperorsChosen, but I did it for comedy. :P Lemme know if that's not cool.)

Last edited by a moderator:
(OOC lol had most of a post done, so if it seems like I'm going around you Grothnor its as I litterally had this typed right as you posted XD)

With her attention distracted from murdering the cook, Kona saves the day, which causes Yoriko to smile a bit warmly this time..almost with stary eyes. "..for me? Why Th--"

Before the words are out of her mouth however, the cake plops right to the ground, lid sliding off..ruined. Standing there with the same smile on her face..something seemed, how would one put it..off.. As if in a silent rage. With an almost lifeless stare that was as murderous as the shark mounted on the far wall, she stares at Kazama, as if briefly thinking of eating him. Reaching out to grab the young man, he however darts for safety. Running for all he was good for. "KAZAMA! STAND YOUR GROUND AND TAKE YOUR BEATING LIKE A REAL MAN! YOU WON'T FEEL A THING ONCE I GET A COUPLE HITS IN! STOP!" Storming after him, Kazama was very lucky Yoriko wasn't swift moving, with the same plesant smile it was in a way more scary than the demonic grin from before. "..you ruined it..now..pay the price. Ka..za..ma..san!" Chasing after him, Abe however gets envloved and takes the first blow.

Swining her fist a statisfying THWUMP sounds off, looking directly to see what she hit, it was but of course Abe. With a twitch of her lip it didn't seem she was.."Satisfied..for what you ate..Yes..him..no.." Going for a take down, and moving around Abe, Yoriko gets Kazama by legs, and falls atop him. "ORA! NOW YOU GET YOURS!" As luck would have it, the take down slipped up a little, it would take Yoriko a bit of time to ground and pound the new waiter, as some would term it. Likely scaring the shit out of Kazama and most sane people, she screams out; "RIP AND TEAR!"

Hearing the ruckus and seeing the cake flying to the floor Hibari sighs heavily..it was not her place to stop the events unfolding..however if he was knocked out, then she would have to wait on the tables..that was not acceaptable..even spending an evening in a ditch was better than that. She hated working there, and with those people..plus if the man was knocked out, then who would warn Hayate..well his battered and bloodied body would..normally that would be fine. "..thank the baseball freaks..panty thief.." Leaving her post with a lethergic sigh, she waves her arms to get everyones attention, as her vioce wouldn't have for sure. "...one of you..just..distract them.." Motioning to the door it was clear who she ment. "Get some sort of line fixed..." (I'll npc the coaches if anyone wants that "honour") "..Kona..get the mess..I'll save the panty theif...might call in onii-chan to help as well..Katashi..cover for Abe while I get him.." Sighing, she makes her way up the stairs with a bag in hand. It was her lunch..a cheese burger from the bag's apperance, maybe two.

Not any any rush, but the time she's at the top, Yoriko has the newby trapped, climbing up his pants, or rather forward, having yanked him to the ground, she wasn't sure if rape or muder was about to take place, but she was attempting to go for a ground and pound. "...Nee sama." Making a clicking sound as if calling a small animal she opens the wrapping, showing the still warm cheese burger. "..good nee-sama...food for you...ahhh..mmm burgers..." Clicking her tongue and making a come here motion with her free left hand, this seems to piss off, and appease the woman, leaving her a bit confussed.

"Fuckin smartass..give me the burgers..hmph..be thankful Kazama, I'll let this..crime of yours be paid off." Grabbing the bag and heading to the changing room, she didn't want Hayate taking this from her as well. As Kazama regains his composure, and wraps his arms around Hibari's legs, the girl knocks softly on the offive door. "Hayate..lots of working comming in..we may need you..that is all..Abe..get the stoves fired up..I'll deal with this."

Stariging down at Kazama who was still shaking, Hibari tries to make light of the situation. "..oh..going for my panties already..huh..just like a bishie..but I have pants on..so are you really a pants theif?...ha..ha..ha.." Ruffling his hair a bit she shrugs, offering him a hand up a second time. "..come on..lets get to work..hey...Nee-sama isn't too bad...well no she is..maybe we'll help you out..you'll be here for awhile yeah?" Waiting for him to back away or compose himself, she had to get back to the desk, hopefully some of the wait staff could calm the two teams down...or at least long enough to buy her some time.

Last edited:
Kona

As she watched the scene at the top of the stairs, everything seemed to slow down as she realized that the newbie was heading straight for her, and unfortunately, by the time she did process it, the whole event was out of her hands. The cake was a mess, in ruins. It had been hours of work, and now Yoriko was not the only one who was pissed off at the newbie. Grumbling, she seemed to materialize a rag out of nowhere and cleaned the mess up quickly by scraping the ruined cake up onto the plate.

"I swear just as soon as I get a chance, i'm going to clobber Kazama-san. That cake took hours to perfect, now it can't even be eaten."

And with that she dropped the remains of the cake in the trash. Luckily the container would be easily washed, so she tossed it into the large sink to be washed, then dried her hands and set about making sure the tables were in tip top shape, before grabbing her notepad for taking orders and a pen to go with it.

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Akira Shinkai, #b85c11, dashed, 10]
It did not take long for his classes to finish, nor did it take long before some of the people from his class caught him just outside the Haguwan Academy, by the gates. He was wearing his usual school uniform, a black/grey jacket and pants, blue short-tie, and a white shirt underneath which was slightly unbuttoned from the collar down. However, there were still other students who wanted him to join for some Karaoke fun now that the school was over. Obviously, Akira declined politely, but with little to nothing to add. Waving his hand ever so casually. "I've got work."

In some cases he could be quite dense, and this was one of them. There were a few female students among the people who asked him out, but the one in the background, her face was all red. That was probably the reason for why Akira was invited. That girl liked him. The other reason for why he declined their offer, was to keep them away from any thugs or random creeps looking for trouble amongst the streets in Ikebukuro. Still, he would have had to leave them when his shift would start, even if now, with school ending earlier than anticipated, he would be going in early.

Walking away, along the pavement by the school, a voice rang through his ears. "Okay, another time then. Don't forget! Akira-kun!" One of the people who invited him raised their voice, persistent on having him join. "You should ask my boss for permission." Akira added, though with some hint of truth in it. He knew quite well how odd his workplace was. How unique and terrifying his boss could be. Being a waiter at The Painted Shark for almost if not a year now, the teen had enough experience.

It was also a reminder that someone else was going to be a part of the odd bunch at The Painted Shark. His light brown eyes trailing ever so slightly towards the sky while he was waiting for the bus to arrive, a simple questionable thought ran through his mind. 'He's probably in for a surprise.' Akira had a dull, yet carefree expression on his face, referring to the new waiter. The bus arrived not so late after, grabbing his attention.

Once he was finally in the streets close to the restaurant, he stopped in his tracks. His eyes shifting towards the sign above a shop, an all too familiar one. Akira was undecided on what to really do. His eyes glanced back and forth from the direction of the restaurant and what this particular shop represented. It's name was Bakery Crumbs N' Sweets. A sigh escaped his lips, before he eventually entered the shop. Minutes later, he came out with a small white box in his hand. It had a piece of caramel chocolate cake, with two doughnuts. One being coated with white sugar, while the other being chocolate.

Akira knew why he bought them, and the reason behind it. He hoped nothing of the sort actually happened, because their boss had a knack for snacks and anything food-alike. Her appetite never gone, and always craving for something to digest. It was a conundrum for how she could manage something like a restaurant. Standing by the pavement as many of the cars drove passed him and the many pedestrians just like him. Some ogling at him with a distaste. Not paying them any attention, he knew they'd find a reason to cause some trouble. Unfortunately, he did have a reputation he never asked for, and it has even brought some fights just outside or even inside the restaurant.

As the lights turned green for the pedestrians, he walked across the road, and walked a small distance before standing before The Painted Shark. He could already hear some ruckus inside, and there were already a bunch of customers there. More specifically, they were to have one or two rival baseball teams in the restaurant at the same time. His eyebrows twitched ever so slightly as he barely scowled, wondering if he should come back when his shift really starts, rather than now.

Not dwelling on the situation, he finally made his way inside, and towards the noise. Noticing the apparent new guy with an odd and terrifying expression on his face, he knew exactly what had happened. Standing there like a statue, Akira's face was literally deadpanned. Holding the cake in his hand, while another, poor victim of a cake was squashed on the floor. Kona-chan had already attempted such a feat to ease Yoriko-san's hunger. Unfortunately, Abe-san along with the new guy got to experience the wrath of their boss. "Uh.. Ano.. I have a cake and doughnuts in my.." Giving Hibari-chan a look, before he looked at the new guy again, he continued. "Hand.."

The new guy already got the surprise Akira was hoping he wouldn't get. He was definetely late to the party, but that was perhaps for the best. Extending his arm forward, towards Yoriko, who had already gotten something to eat, something that would chain her to her office or distract her enough for this all too become as normal as it can get, before they can tend to the customers. Just by his expression alone, Hibari would probably know what he was thinking.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
"I'M A MAN THAT WANTS TO LIVE DAMN IT! AND I WON'T BE FEELING ANYTHING AFTER A FEW HITS BECAUSE I'LL BE DEAD!!"

Still running, Kazama shouted back his justification for running. What kind of idiot would stand and take it?! She was mad. She was really mad!

"I'LL STOP RUNNING AWAY WHEN YOU STOP CHASING ME! AND DON'T ADD AN HONORIFIC TO MY NAME WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL ME!!"

Eventually, the duo made their way back downstairs somehow. Regardless of how aggravated those involved were, they had to admit that Kazama was pretty fast. Then again, most people that were running for their lives typically were pretty fast too. However, leading the woman down the stairs proved poor for Abe who ended up taking a punch in his stead; it looked pretty ugly too. This, unlike the cake, wasn't something Kazama could just ignored and so he paused to check if the cook was okay, to which he assured he was fine and that Yoriko somehow wasn't COMPLETELY PISSED OFF! That was ridiculous! Unfortunately, Kazama's morality lead to the demonic manager being able to drag him to the ground and mount him. WHY WAS THE WOMAN THIS STRONG!?

"NO! RIP AND TEAR NOTHING! RIP AND TEAR NOTHING!"

Thankfully, the two were soon both drawn from focusing on each other and to Hibari, which was amazing considering how calm and quiet the girl was compared to the murderer and her victim. Imitating an owner calling its cat, she apparently was trying to bait the glutton away from him with a hamburger, which thankfully worked. The moment the beast dismounted him and left sight, Kazama shot up and clung to the greeter as if she were his lifeline, which in a way, she was.

"THANK YOU MY LORD JESUS CHRIST GUARDIAN ANGEL!"

He was trembling; for good reason too. Though, her comments regarding him being a thief of "certain items" still seemed to garner a reaction from him. Still, sighing, he took her hand and pulled himself up with a nod.

"I am not stealing anything! And yes... for a very... very long time... I need to work out..."

For now, they would have to get back to work, though. There was still that angry crowd to deal with, after all. Then he also should apologize to Kona. He didn't mean to bump into her like that. Hopefully she'd agree that the lives that were shaved off in that scare and chase was enough to act as penance.

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
Remembering the previous resivation of the first team, Kenza arrives, seeing the situation ahd met his expectations, Hibari's twin aprroaches the two teams, who's Captains and Coah's seem to be butting heads over last years season.. It wasn't too unusual for heating discussions to come up, or the training and sign ups to start so early either. However it seemed via and oversight someone ahd booked both teams at once.

"...Nee-san.." Sighing in passing, he noticed Hibari was away, and the others seemed busy with who knows what, or just turning up..something likely was delaying them.

Well then.. lets see how good of an actor I really am..

Walking over to the center of attention, being two couches butting heads, he overhears a brief argument that was pretty heated..

"YEAH!? WELL WE WON LAST YEAR!" From the looks of the balding man he was rather old and prone to being angry. Looking at a slightly younger man, he meets the man forehead to forehead.

"Oh Please, You only won as the Umpire was blind..trash like you is lucky to even get inside..personally you should be out back eating with the dogs..at least then you would be among peers." Says the slightly younger man with greying hair, judging by his expression and glasses he was a smug one.
"Hey, hey, calm down guys.." Kenza says with a smile, wearing a jeresy and baseball cap. This promts both to stare at him, as if he were an outside intruder, which in fairness, he was.

"And who the hell are you?" Says the older.

"Begone Child..adults are talking here." Says the younger, while pushing up his glasses.

"Hey hey, just passing by, but it seems you are having a fight over who goes in first right?" Smiling and removing his hat, the confident sounding Kenza, suddenly throws the hat in the air, then bends down to pick it up. "Oh..look what was under it." Pulling out a 1000 yen coin as if by magic, he has everyones attention.
Well Hibari..I'm doing my part..I'll come in and help you later..heh..well lets get this show on the road.

"I'll flip this for each of you, and your line up according, this way no one team gets an overall lead or preferance. You can then go to each side of the hall and wait to be seated. More fair than a refs call huh?...surely you both are wise, or adult enough to agree to this huh?" Both men seem to ponder it, then begrudgingly agree. And so the flipping begins, several minutes later all is settled and Kenza is on his way.

His delay would have bought them all the time they would need.

Meanwhile Hibari was still making sure the new guy was okay, he didn't have much choice but to work here. Pondering what to do Hibari ponders watching out for him, or showing him the ropes, with Kenza's help of course, but for now doesn't mention it, simply saying. "Get to work..I'll talk to you with Nee-san later..or maybe just me..to get your situation figured out..maybe.."

With that she heads down stairs in time to see both groups lining up, and a young teenager with green hair, walking away flipping a coin in the air. "..Kenza..thank you.."
Staff issues aside, she bows her head to the groups ahead of her. "Welcome...to The Painter Shark..you will be seated shortly..one team to each side..I hope you enjoy your meal.." Switching to Russian again she smiles thinly. "..you peices of shit..causing me to walk from my desk..if any of you choke I won't lift a hand to help you.." Noting the stares from those in front, Hibari smiles thinly.

"It means..good luck with your games..nippon banzai..yay.." Mock throwing her arms up in celebration, her narrowed eyes remain fixed ahead, it seemed that satisfied them as far as explinations went. Leaving it at that, it was now the wait staffs turn to deal with issues.

(OOC Some of us may take on npc roles if some of you want to deal with interesting interactions.)

Kona

Kona, hearing the familiar Russian speech moved in to begin seating the customers and getting orders. In her travels abroad she had visited Russia, and the martial art teacher she had met there had been quite open about his word choice, and Kona had picked up more then enough Russian to be able to hold a basic conversation from him. Among those words had been things things such as shit, and choke, plus a phrase she was barely able to recognize, "won't lift a hand to help you" it was quite clear that Hibari was irked in some manner. Moving fast as to avoid issues with any of the male guests, she quietly seated the coaches and players, then took their order. One of the players who had been quite bold had subsequently ordered a big plate of her, with a couple extra inches of height, and he found that the girl was quite accurate with a fork, and that his sleeve was stuck to the wall. Her excuse had simply been that her hand slipped, delivered with a smile and a beaming happy attitude of course, and the player had excused himself to run to the restroom, possibly because of the conspicuous wet stain right where his crotch was located. Other then that though, the orders had been taken without incident. After she finished, she took the notepad back and delivered the orders to the kitchen so that they could be made and returned to the tables with trays of drinks, soda's mostly. It might surprise any new comers to see the relatively small woman carrying two massive trays loaded with full cups to be quite impressive, but she considered it to be one of her great acquired skills.

Busy attending to Abe's side of the kitchen Katashi prepares his cooking utensils and ingredients. Not known to cook in place of the man Katashi didn't trust his own judgement to know how Abe did things and so settles for just making it easier to start. Getting more ingredients from the storage and fridge he washed, peeled, and cut them while the two teams shuffled in. Listening to their conversations in the event he heard something interesting.

"Hmm, I'll have, a steak with a side of potatoes and some rice. Said the older balding coach as he looked over the menu, sitting at a table with his team. "Order whatever you like, it's on me." He said after placing his order while looking around. "My... a slab of meat, how fitting. Not only do you bark like one, but you eat like a dog too. Haha. Miss, yes you." Says the younger and more arrogant coach to Kona. "I'd like some Hayashi Raisu with Chahan and something sweet, I don't care what, cooks choice." "Oh, and I'll be paying for both of us." He ends that last statement by pointing toward the other team across the table between them. "Wouldn't want you to run out of funding." he ends with a light chuckle. "Too bad you can't pay to win, you may see the finals then." The older coach replies with a glare and snicker. "We don't want your DAMN MONEY" he says in protest at the end before the two begin bickering again.

Once the orders are taken and enter the kitchen Katashi starts preparing their meals. Throwing a hunk of meat in a skillet he seasons it before preparing the potatoes. Noticing he's going to need more rice for all the heads he calls out for someone to bring him some whether it be Abe or one of his other coworkers. "HEY! Need more rice back here!"

"I don't want to talk to her... she's scary..."

Still shaking, Kazama takes his time regaining his composure. You couldn't blame him. He was almost assaulted by that she-beast. He'd definitely get some nightmares from this. What was most aggravating was that he only remembered after the monster left that he still had some of the cheesecake Hoshino gave him. He probably could've offered her that to keep her from killing him. Then again, it's hard to think clearly when you're running from Satan. He couldn't just tremble forever though. Even if he was—far from recovered, they had work still, as Hibari pointed out.

Sighing, Kazama began making his way downstairs while at the same time holding two fingers against his neck in order to check his pulse. Needless to say, it was unhealthily high thanks to a certain someone. He really should start working out, for his own protection.

Getting downstairs, he noted that Kona was seating them all with a smile on her face. She really was one of the normal ones. He'd be sure to apologize for the cake before their shifts ended; he'd probably have to make it up to her too. Maybe he'd get her a cake, or pay for ingredients. He didn't exactly have money to spare, but it was only right. Kazama was interrupted from this thought as Katashi, "the murderer", called out for some more supplies. Abe was likely still a bit dizzy, which Kazama held nothing against him for being.

"On it!"

Quickly making his way into the storeroom, Kazama brought out a few bags of rice to the kitchen. Kona appeared to be handling both tables flawlessly, so unless they specifically asked him for something while he went by, he'd worry about the other customers.

"If there's anything else you need, just call, Takenaka-san. Abe-san might still be a bit dizzy from... Yoriko-san..."

Going by difficulty to say the woman's name and the slight flinch, it was safe to assume that he now had a trauma. As if he needed that in his life.

Reactions: conman2163
Hayate was making the right orders and writing down the next month's planning for the money as he then heard a ruckus down the stairs. He wasn't surprised. Every day was like this. Except things actually seemed to get quite fun from here onward, specially with the newbie. He chuckled before he turned to the computer's screen. Suddenly, he closed all programs and accessed some of the sites he was previously searching on. For the last two days, someone had managed to get money off his parents' bank account. Of course, the sum removed was quite small so he assumed it was someone he knew very well. Sighing, he took another look just to make sure, it looked like he would have to contact her just to make sure that it was what he thought it was. The girl was using up all the money he regretted so much to use, which caused him to be almost surprised. Well, she was never afraid of saying her family name out loud, so it's not like she would care where the money came from. "Gonna keep living like a princess, aren't you... Nee-sama..." Muttering those words, he leaned back on the chair before suddenly someone came knocking on the door. Hibari warned him that they were likely going to need him as the costumers arrived. "Of course, Hibari-sama. I'll be down in a few minutes." Hayate took another look at the site before closing it and shutting down the computer.

Turning around, he made his way to the door and then downstairs. When he turned to look at the kitchen, the sight of two grown men traumatized and scared to near-death caused him to smile. This sure reminded him of the times he would teach Yoriko anything about martial arts she couldn't learn by herself. Of course, not even he matched her strength, but the two had worked with each other for so long that he already considered himself equal to her, at least in that aspect. Everything else, Yoriko was far superior. He couldn't help but chuckle. Just as he thought that, he looked around to see that Yoriko had gone somewhere else, likely the locker room, to eat something. He would have to make sure to reprimand her for that later today, but for now it was all right.

Looking around the restaurant, he noticed that these people were the two baseballs teams that Yoriko had mentioned one of these days. However, he was surprised that both teams were here, since Yoriko had also mentioned they were rivals and that she would only be receiving one of them. It seemed like she had indeed made a mistake. Still, the workers could play it off through calm work from here forward. All they needed to do was make sure that the chaos wasn't issued.

In order to help out, Hayate turned around and made his way to the kitchen. He knew more than enough about cooking to help Takenaka with preparing the ingredients. It was going to be an eventful afternoon, Hayate thought to himself.

Hearing the fresh voice Katashi takes his attention away briefly from cooking to watch Kazama enter and head for the storeroom. Sizing him up a bit with this glance he takes note of a few things before returning to his duties. "Thanks greenie." he says before grabbing his chin and looking up in thought. "Hmm, nothing comes to mind, but I'll be sure to remember that." he says removing his hand and flashing a smile. Hooking his arm around the new recruits shoulders he draws him in close before speaking in a hushed serious tone. "Meet me after hours, I need a pair of hands for something, tell no one." he says briskly before letting go and returning to cooking. As Hayate enters the kitchen he asks nonchalantly. "So, greenie, what made you apply for this shithole?"

Finally having a bit of a break Hibari turns her attention towards Akira, given..a rather overpowering reason. "...Hi..was busy earlier.." Noting Abe was finally getting a break, her eyes..well already narrowed and closed seem to lock in on him. "..stop wasting money..Nee-sama can't keep you from death if the Council decides it.." Overhearing the others conversation in the back, she knew why Kazama was here but she would not speak for him. "...the both of you already look sketchy..." While attempting to hold some attempt at a conversation with the two, she motions her head toward Kazama, or rather towards where he would be. "..I'll get Kenza to show him what to do..or maybe you should..Akira..he would be too scared of Abe...ahhh..Abe...ahh..serial killer.." Throwing her arms up in the air in mock..or maybe real fear, she was clearly mocking him. Or maybe playing with him.. It was always hard to tell with Hibari.

However it didn't seem the peaceful exchange would remain so.

While Hibari attempts to engage with conversation, Kona has a repeat from some customers that were with the players, in this case, they didn't react so meekly her typical response.

"WHAT THE HELL! BITCH! I WAS JUST ASKING YOU ON A DATE!" Clearly agitate, he and two others stare at the waitress, as if demanding an apology for her antics. "Tch maybe we should ask for the manager, get your little knife throwing ass fired huh!? Maybe I should call the cops huh!? Want to get your boss !?" The Baseball players seem to pay no attention to this in part as they are eating, in another as these three while they came in with them were not with them persee. Regardless the mention of manager makes Yoriko look up from he clip board, having enjoyed her hamburgers,..well Hibari's. She was much more calmer it seemed, almost bored looking, however being asked for seemed to cause her brow to furro slightly. It would be interesting to see how this situation would be resolved..though if the man didn't reconsider and actually asked to speak to her, she would be all to happy to comply.

Kona

Kona smiled at the man and laughs.

"Do you really believe the police are going to respond to something as simple as your sleeve getting pinned to a wall by a fork? But, since you seem so eager to see her, I will of course go and fetch my manager. She does have quite the penchant for throwing angry customers out without a refund. I promise you however my manager is much scarier then me."

Smiling still, Kona walked quietly to where Yoriko was at.

"Yoriko-san, some rather interesting customers are angry about a sleeve being pinned to a wall. It seems I was quite clumsy again unfortunately, and now they would like to speak to you."

[fieldbox=Akira Shinkai, #b85c11, dashed, 10]
Something rather interesting or weird was happening with these customers. They had no manners. Standing by the counter as his tray was being filled with an order, his attention was caught by Hibari. Giving her a simple look before his eyes glanced over at the new waiter she mentioned, and showing him the ropes, was a request he wasn't sure he should accept or not. "Abe-san.. He and this new guy has already been through alot, haven't they? Well I guess for Abe-san it's normal to go through something like every now and then.." A sigh escaped his lips, observing the rude customers.

"Besides, what can I show him that he doesn't already know?." It was more of an excuse to get away with it. Being around Akira may even cause him some trouble with others. Frowning upon the attitude from one of the customers towards Kona-chan, he continued. "Hibari-san, I'll be right back." With that, he left the counter, glancing over at Kona who left for the manager at the request of the customer. Instead, taking things into his own hands, and on impulse from time to time, he walked up to that very same customer.

Giving him a polite smile, he apologized for the fork and the sleeve. "I'm sorry about that" He referred to his sleeve, giving it a simple glance. "To make up for this, we can provide you with something extra. On the house. How about it?" As much as he didn't like being respectful to those who didn't deserve it, he had to in order to show some good faith by representing The Painted Shark they were a customer in. The customer gave him rather a dissatisfied look.

"So, what will it be, sir?" Perhaps Akira jumped the gun when he stepped forward after Kona went for the manager. Perhaps he was the wrong person to approach the said customer or customers. It could either end badly for the latter, or hopefully, they would accept his kind offer. [/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.