Kore Wa Resutoran Desu ka?! (Is this a restaurant!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katashi's friendly demeanor very much put Kazama at ease, if only for a moment. When his arm slung around his neck and he spoke about something he was needed for—Well, that brought the initiate's anxiety back. Did he actually murder someone? Why couldn't he tell anyone? Why did he have such a scary tone?! He was going to get him involved in something and use it as blackmail! Or maybe—he was going to off him.

"...G-Got it..."

While all these ideas were swirling through Kazama's mind, at least he maintained a docile facade and simply nodded with a nervous smile. He didn't even want to tell him that he meant call for him if he needed more cooking supplies. However, going by his inquiry, it seemed as though Yoriko hadn't blabbed to everyone about his situation, though he wasn't sure if that was out of laziness or respect for his privacy—Who was he kidding? It was the prior.

"Well... I didn't necessarily apply so much as that I owe Yoriko-san... in a way. So, I was offered work here. But... I... didn't think it would be this hectic."

Apparently the cook was done being scary, for now at least. That didn't help ease the man any, though. Almost murdered himself and now he might still end up that way before the day was done. What else could go wrong? Well, aside from customers outside shouting for the manager—Wait! Manager!? No, no, no. That was very, very bad. Recalling his very close encounter with her just a few moments earlier, Kazama booked it out of the kitchen, and over to the table, Kazama noted that someone else was currently trying to deal with them, though it didn't look like it was going over very well. Kazama just wanted to persuade them to not call for Yoriko; it wouldn't end well for any of them in all honesty.

"Y-Yes... I would personally advise taking him up on our offer... You look like understanding people, so please, believe me! You do not want to speak to the manager!"

Forming an X with his arms and shaking his head, Kazama tried to back up the younger man's attempts at diplomacy. If he was speaking honestly, though, he was trying to persuade them more for his sake than theirs. If only he saw that Kona had already left to go retrieve Yoriko. Kazama didn't know who the boy next to him was, but anyone with a way of keeping Yoriko from coming out of her office was someone worth assisting. He didn't want to see a repeat of past events, regardless of if he was the victim or the bystander.

Last edited:
As soon as Hayate found his way into the room, he noticed that Katashi was trying to get friendly with Kazama. Out of all members of the staff, Katashi was the one Hayate understood the least. He didn't have any connections to the Yakuza, nor did he have any back story warranting the need to work on the Painted Shark. Aside from that, his past was pretty much blank ever since he signed in. It was just strange, since they were in desperate need of staff at the time and allowed him simply because of that. Nowadays, Hayate would actually be interested in getting to know the boy better, specially due to latest happenings.

Well, right now, he didn't have to worry about any of that. Just helping Katashi in the kitchen was already enough. And he would've kept doing that if Kazama hadn't suddenly jumped out of the kitchen to save a couple of costumers causing trouble. It seemed like the costumers were asking to see the manager. Almost immediately, Hayate sinked the knife into the the table. When he looked towards the Head Cook, it seemed like Abe was already back in working conditions. Hayate looked towards Kona and spoke, this time with a more serious tone. "I'll take care of this one. Just go back to work." With that, he made his way out of the kitchen and to the costumers that Kazam was speaking with. He noticed Kazama was desperately trying to solve the problem by attempting diplomacy.

Standing beside Kazama, he suddenly took a stare towards his way. "Kazama and Akira, go back to work as well, I'll take care of this." This time, his tone was much more serious than before. It seemed like he was either angry at the situation or just wanted it dealt with rapidly. He looked towards the two men and then spoke. "So, how do you two want to deal with this?" Suddenly, his tone went cold. "You harass employees everywhere you go? If so, I bet you're quite used to getting beaten in public." His tone wasn't arrogant, nor was it angry. No, it was cold and serious. He was mocking the two. Honestly, he disliked these kinds of costumers. These people came in and thought they could whatever they wanted. Sure, Kona had her wrong part in it too, but he would reprimand her later. Right now, he was just doing almost the same thing Yoriko was likely to do. "So, let me ask you again, how do you want to deal with this? From what I see, there are three possibilities. All of them involve you trying to argue and me telling you to just excuse yourself. From there forward, it depends on what you're going to do. You can try to beat me. You can start to throw a tantrum, in which case I will throw you out. Or you can go out quietly and nothing more happens." Hayate leaned forward just slightly. He had his hands ready to land a blow at the man's stomach as he did so, but the man obviously wouldn't notice as it was hidden behind his back. "So, what'll it be?" He said in another taunt.

Last edited:
Sighing a bit Hibari watches the exchange, it would likely not end peacefully..

As Kano goes for the boss, Akira's own offer was tempting briefly, as it frankly amounted to a pay off..which in turn made one of the trio jittery, the one thankfully on his own across from the table. At the arrival of Hayate who was now trying to deal with the pair, his own offer, likely out of interests of profit, ran counter to Akira's own and was less appealing. Not to mention this also drew in Yoriko's attention. Walking up to the store front, setting her clipboard next to Hibari, Hayate's counter offer sets the first pair on edge...it had came to far to leave it at this..too far...too soon.

"I..Hey..Shut it! Damnit what are yah a bunch of mothers?! Wh-Who the Fuck do you think you are! You Dandy dressed son of a bitch! You ain't no fuck'n manager!" The first says in defiance, facing Hayate with a scowl. First it was one, then two, not three, was a cook going to be next...

Backing up his boss the second man facing Hayate in some..stupid show of being a Yakuza, turns up a gawdy pair of shades, and unbuttons the first few buttons on his shirt, show-casing a number of tats. "Piss off Butler, or get beat down! See these I go-"

Before he can finish his bragging however, the third, and by Hayate, unwatched, screams. "Look at them! Waiters my Ass!" Pulling a folder knife, he makes a swing for Hayate, but doesn't get very far, as Yoriko's hand firmly, grips his head by the side, ramming with full force, into the side wall at speed. As a bit of blood is spit up by the youth and the knife drops from his now limp hand, he wasn't dead..just knocked out. "Ehehehe..my staff are like family..." rolling up her right sleave just briefly, Yoriko shows her own markings to the one in shades, who knew at once his error. "No one harms them.."

As any notions of care of kindness originating from Yoriko enters the thoughts of others, she continues her talk; "...but me!" Leaving the other two in shock, the leader swings for Hayate, who was already prepaired for it. As he swings, the former already drops him, leaving the tough guy last.

"I..Fuck! What kind of manager are you?!" Grabbing the knocked out one, the boss is already back up on his feet but shakey, yet enough to flee. "GOOD BYE CUSTOMER! COME BACK ANY TIME YOU WANT A HOSPITAL BILL!" Grinning as the trio leaves, the other Customers suddenly seem in a hurry, minus a few regulars who seemed to be there likely for this.

"Hayate..I think its about closing time..please go pick up my youngest sister..Hibari, hand me your phone..I have to call someone about those three..they didn't pay.." Waiting for Hibari to hand over the phone, the later seems happy..likely as she could leave right after. Handing the phone over Hibari seems almost elated to be on her way. "Hmm..you guys can go ahead..soon as they get done and we clean up you all are free." Dialing some sort of number, she awaits her answer on the other side..to whoever she was calling.

Meanwhile across the street, a pair of watchful eyes were watching from across the street.

Last edited:
Kona

Kona giggled as she watched the customers flee. As luck would have it, all of the players and current customers seemed to simultaneously finish their food and drop absurd amounts of money on their tables. She was certain that all the food must have been payed for with the money, and they even had the decency to pay with cash, and leave a generous tip, every single one of them. How rare.....

"Oh dear, it seems you scared the lot of them of Yoriko-san. Still as feisty as ever I see. What possessed that one man to attempt to knife Hayate-san I wonder?"

"Right then... I'll... go get the cleaning supplies..." Replied Kazama to Hayate in quite the fearful voice.

Once the butler appeared, face and tone both rather intimidating, it didn't take much persuasion for Kazama to take his leave from the situation. Something, along with the knife Hayate slammed into the table and Yoriko coming down, gave him the idea that there would be debris to be cleaned and replaced and possibly bodies as well. Even more unsettling, Kazama felt that this was going to be a common occurrence in his days to come. He really needed to start working out, for his own protection. Though, something told him that even if he did bulk up a bit, it wouldn't do all that much good; these people were just—unique?

Sighing, Kazama began retrieving what he thought would be needed as the screams of terror intensified and Yoriko's sadistic shouts grew louder as well until finally he heard the group running out the door. According to Yoriko, they could all leave when everything was cleaned up. He would definitely need some rest after the day he was having. Though, he still had to help Katashi with—whatever he needed help with.

Finally grabbing the mop from the janitorial closet, Kazama looked over and saw Kona. That's right! He still hadn't apologized! He might as well get that out of the way before he started cleaning the place up.

"Um, excuse me..." Kazama called out to Kona, though if memory served right while she introduced herself she never actually said her name. "...I... uh... just wanted to apologize for knocking over our cake... I'll get you another one!"

Hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a big deal. Especially considering Kazama's experience with the establishment's internal chaos wasn't yet done. He might've experienced some peace were it not for an instigator of chaos entering through the doors.

"Hibari-chan! Oh... you look annoyed. What happened?"

Entering the shop and approaching Hibari was a woman of average height and familiar bright green hair, albeit much longer than the other girls in the building that shared the color. Her face was pretty and her physique was somewhere in between both Yoriko's and Hibari's; petite and pretty but still possessing significant "assets". For dress, she was clad in almost entirely black; from her shoes and thigh-high socks to her short shorts and dress shirt with white trimming along them and a loose red tie. This woman was Rinako, the second oldest of the family and, unlike the two the new guy had already met, she appeared to be completely in tact; mentally, that is. She didn't appear psychotic and she as well looked capable of making use of her emotions.

Looking around, she notices the place is a mess with plenty of blood stains adorning the walls and remnants of whatever Yoriko slammed people into. What gave her off as being normal is that, when she saw this, she actually looked surprised at the entire sight.

"Oh, my... What happened here? It looks like someone waged a war! Are you and Kenza alright?"

Noticing her sisters arrival, and finishing her own phone call, Yoriko sighs, waving a hand to get Hayate's attention as she hands the phone back to Hibari, from the sounds of it, she hadn't called the police, but rather some unknown person or persons, to give a beat down to the trio, and rob them..

"Keep that idiot here..I'll go get the little one myself..or bring her home, just keep her away from me today, not up to her shit. Got that?...yare.." Shaking her head, it seemed Yoriko really did not want to see the new arrival today. Pausing a bit as she exits via the kitchen, she stares pointedly at her Junior cook. "Keep any ideas in that head of yours, to yourself." Not going into any detail on what she meant by that, or even waiting for any responses from either men, she heads out the back door to deal with this task on her own. The staff could be trusted to get things finished up, and she would lock up on her return, unless Hayate contacted her stating he dealt with it.

For now she had more important matters, first to collect her little sister, then to deal with the Council..well what limited bit she could.

Hibari meanwhile looks at the blood stain and sighs. "I always look like this Nee-chan." Just like you always manipulate others.. "What..yes we are fine, I don't think you or Nee-sama would harm either of us..besides...oh..I haven't ate today.." Ignoring the growl from her own stomach, she would get something to eat soon enough. But for now she could answer her Nee-chan's questions, they all were family after all, which did mean a little something to Hibari.

"Three customers started problems after dealing with Kano..one tried to knife Hayate, so Nee-sama smeared him...flat..against the wall..ouch..like a pancake..she also called..someone to...deal with them..oh..my shift is over..Nee-chan I'll talk to you tonight..I'm hungry, have things to do..Kenza was around earlier..he really helped us out..you can hear details from Hayate if you want..I really need to go now..my shift is up, Nee-chan." Suggesting speaking to him was part of her own ploy to escape his attention, likely her highwire antics got her watched more than the rest, but she liked her own privacy, she just wasn't sure how to express that in words that could be believed.

Heading up to the replacement wash room, Hibari shuts the door, and quickly strips, first to wash then to do her stretches, hopefully any antics her sisters caused would delay others..though the rest who were able to leave likely would slowly, all the other workers already knew to knock and wait for a response, though she was unaware of her own trickery being turned against her in regards to one employee..

"Ah! Onee-sa-" Rinako began, but Yoriko quickly retreated out the back; smart. It didn't stop the woman from gaining an all-too-mischievous grin and stating the obvious before she took her leave. "I'll be here when you get back~."

After warning Yoriko of that fact, the second eldest turned her attention back to Hibari who seemed quite eager to leave. It couldn't have been because of her though. Rinako hardly ever messed with her younger sister; she was too smart. Taking into consideration her sister's typical antics and how she was currently trying to pawn her off to Hayate, it was likely that she just didn't want to be followed. Hayate was always so worried about everything. It was no wonder if Hibari wanted to get rid of him for a bit. She'd play along for now.

"Hayate~!" Turning away from Hibari, Rinako waved over Hayate. If Hibari wanted some alone time, she'd get it. You couldn't say Rinako never did anything to help her siblings; well, some. "Make me a sangria and tell me what happened! We need to kill time until Yoriko gets back!"

She wasn't even subtle regarding her intentions to drive poor Yoriko nuts. Nor did she wait very long after Hibari had left in order to orchestrate some more chaos. It was just a little harmless prank. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. He seemed distracted anyway, so it'd be perfect.

"Oh, you're the new boy, aren't you? I'm so sorry your first day had to be so barbaric. You should really go get cleaned up and changed. Take it easy for today; you won't get to do so often." Taking a seat over at the bar as she waited for Hayate to begin retelling the tale of how the place got wrecked—again—and making her drink, of course. "I'll make sure things get cleaned up."

This woman had been described by Hayate as some sort of instigator for violence between Yoriko and her, but she was so sweet and kind. To offer that after the day he's had, well, it was a saving grace. Hibari's still held first place since she pretty much saved his life from the demonic woman, however. Still, he highly appreciated her offer and wasn't going to deny it. Afterwards, he could help Katashi with—whatever it is he needed, then leave. He really needed to rest.

"Thank you! I really appreciate it!"

With a happy smile, Kazama didn't waste any time in heading upstairs. Unbeknownst to him, Hibari was already in there and changing. Rinako just couldn't let an opportunity go by without hitting it. The poor, or fortunate depending how you saw it, man happily trodded down the hall and to the changing room before opening it and—freezing at the sight before him. He just froze. No words would come out nor would his muscles move; he was like a deer petrified in front of a pair of headlights. Even after several long moments, the only sounds murmured from his mouth were feeble attempts and nothing more.

"...Er... I-I..."

Kona

Kona had been helping clean off the tables when she spotted the newbie walking up the stairs towards where the bathroom was, she got suspicious and slightly worried. If Hibari was peeped on by the newbie..... she wasn't sure he would survive. Thus she quietly followed him up the stairs, where she was greeted with the sight of the poor man staring into the changing room like a deer in the headlights of a truck. Running down the hallway, she grabbed hold of the man's collar, and pulled him backwards, whilst also making sure she stuck her foot out to make him stumble over it and at least be able to walk a few feet. On top of that, she immediately pulled the door shut and back away from it, then drew a spoon from her outfit and waited, blunt weapon in hand, for a tantrum from Hibari.

Hibari while doing some..warm ups of some sort, with her spine bent almost fully backwards, tilts her head at an angle to get a glimps of who had open the door. It was the new guy wasn't it...ah..earlier, so he didn't fall..or no he did.. "Eeep...ahh..rapsit.." Flipping for a hand stand she was about ready to send a set of demands and open up with an axe kick upon him. "...boy..I give you untill the count of five to leave or..", but as suddenly, someone else had quickly shut the door. And she rather doubted it was the boy himself...well man.. Unlike her other three sisters...well at least one for sure, Hibari wasn't given to acts of random violence, or to acts of hyper violence even when given cause.

Regardless it had bothered her a little, the Greeter turns her attention to getting dressed, this didn't take long at all, throwing on a skirt, and a long sleeved shirt, it didn't seem she needed much time to get ready. Leaving her suit where it was, the young woman packs away her belongings, and exits the door. Narrowing her eyes from their open state, she stares at the man. "...pervert.." Taking note of the waitress with spoon in hand, she wasn't sure what the woman was prepairing to defend against..unless they all feared the family to be like Yoriko... "...wierdo.." the pot says to the kettle, as Hibari comments in regards to Kona, wisely switching to english on both targets. Opening her eyes, they seemed a bit distant..

"...Bye.." With that she makes her way down the steps and out the door, not bothering to annouce her exit, wanting Hayate to not catch wind. Not that she didn't like him, but that she wanted to do things for herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile elsewhere, the Trio of men from before are jumped in the back alley, while the gang members from the Sushi shop look on. "...What the hell..Someones move'n in on our turf!?" Glaring angerly a larger Russian by the looks of him nods in agreement. "Maybe we be needing to teach them harsh lesson Da..people from Eating Palce next to us..that is where they were..get others show them lesson..though maybe we should be asking boss.." As the pair look on, the smaller Asian seems unsure of what to do..if any came this way or looked like a gang member like them on the way out...well..accidents happen. Unknowingly they had no idea of the target they would eventually anger, as she tries very hard to cheer up her youngest sister..but only scaring the little girl more.

Yoriko really hated when this happened..and was unaware she would likely scare the little girl more when she brought her to work tomorrow...though that Kazama fellow seemed nice..no harm bumming her off on him if it made her a bit more happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akashi
Drying his hands Katashi glimpses Hibari leave, noticing her attempt to be covert. Thinking lightly of it as he knew of her after hour hobbies he's struck with a clever idea. Smirking briefly he heads for the stairs to the upper floor. Looking up at the two on the steps above he speaks. "Kona, would you be a doll and help me with these dishes?" He says pointing behind with his thumb. "Abe isn't around and it'll take me awhile on my own. I'll come join you once I tell greenie here something I forgot earlier." He says walking up and putting a hand on Kazama's shoulder.

Moving his arm to hang over Kazama's back, Katashi guides him into the changing room shutting the door behind them. "Hey, I need you to do me a favor." "Hibari hasn't seemed like Hibari lately, she's zoning out, leaving unannounced, moody even. Could you check on her for me? I'd do it myself." he says placing a hand on his chest ", but I gotta clean this place or deal with the Boss you know. Just, follow her a bit until you know she won't do something stupid like walk in front of traffic or wander into a construction yard." Turning around Katashi leads Kazama out of the changing room and down the stairs. "It's nothing hard and hey, you can apologize for earlier." He says patting Kazama lightly on the back before leaving for the kitchen. Helping Kona with the dishes as promised he diligently goes through them while watching for Kazama to leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedArmyShogun
Hayate heard all the boys in the group until one of them, hidden from behind the group, suddenly came out and attempted to swing a knife at him. He was about to protect himself but... In the end, as he expected, he never really needed to. Yoriko made her way to smash the man to a wall. After that, the other man attempted to punch Hayate. A rather foolish strike. Hayate thought it'd be a good idea to test his boxing skills in this man, after all. After bobbing through the man's attack, he landed a jab on the man's nose, followed by couple of straights and finally an uppercut that sent the man into a nearby table. The effect was that his "boss" decided that he clearly was no match. As he rushed to grab his knocked out friend and carry him out in a hurry, Hayate took a look around to see that everyone else also made their way out of the restaurant in a similar hurry. The butler simply waved his hand at the men and women leaving the place. "And here I thought maybe this guy would serve as a way to test my skills. In the end, he was just another typical loudmouth." He said as he stared at the man he had knocked out, laid in a table.

As soon as Yoriko turned to him and started speaking, Hayate bowed his head and turned around, making his way to the office and picking up some things, including his jacket, so that he could go pick up Hinako-chan. However, once he made his way downstairs again, he noticed that the certain someone was finally here. Rinako had managed to make her way in the most opportunistic moment. The butler couldn't help but sigh. He didn't dislike the woman. In fact, he liked her as much as any other member of the family. Perhaps even slightly more because the two had managed to speak with each other quite often. The woman would usually come when she attempted to irritate poor Yoriko-sama, and Hayate was usually the one who fanned the flames she would uproar. That was perhaps the only thing that made him wary of her. However, it seemed like today she wouldn't have this golden opportunity, as Yoriko ordered him to stay with her and stated that she would pick up Hinako-chan herself. Hayate simply nodded. An order was an order, no matter what it meant. If, for the rest of the day, he had to serve Rinako-sama in order to appease Yoriko, he would do so gladly.

He had also noticed Hibari's attempt to escape his eyes. Was she so foolish that she thought of him as that much of an idiot? The thought really made him sad. He always tried to make her feel comfortable. In fact, the only skills people knew him for was his ability to beat other people to pulps, but he was a keen marksman as well. Which meant he had good eyesight. He obviously noticed Hibari escaping the restaurant in a hurry. Did she feel uncomfortable near him? Was he being inconvenient? Hayate couldn't help but think like that. Whenever he tried to make something to get close to Hibari, to know her better, this would usually be the result. He was so lost in thought that only then did he remember that Rinako had asked for her typical drink and a resume of what had just happened. "Just a moment, Rinako-sama." With that, he turned around and clapped his hands. "Everyone, we're closing, please make your way out quickly!" He yelled as he made his way to the small bar, hidden in a corner of the restaurant. Picking up the wines and the mulled spices, he made it like he would usually do it whenever he was home. It wasn't unusual for him to serve Rinako from time to time. Specially because, whenever Yoriko didn't want to be bothered, she would send him to Rinako in an attempt to nullify both of their "annoying acts" towards her. Hayate understood. In fact, Yoriko deserved a time alone.

He prepared the drink and placed it in front of her. He was over the counter and that was where he planned to remain. Hayate enjoyed making drinks. Maybe it was one of his favorite things to do when he wasn't training or taking care of anyone. "Just the usual stuff, honestly. Some assholes trying hitting on an employee and, after she reacted violently, they wanted to talk with Yoriko-sama. You can see where that went, right?" The butler cocked his head, pointing at the huge crater on the wall. Just yet another thing he'd have to fix. "How was your day, Rinako-sama? Got your eyes on anyone to manipulate other than the new boy?" Hayate was terribly blunt about it. He knew of her ways and he knew she planned to anger Yoriko-sama yet again today. Maybe he would find a way to deal with her when possible.

Still frozen, Kazama could only futily attempt to disuade her from jumping to any wrong conclusions in a rather flexible set of poses. In the midst of his silence, the man couldn't help but wonder why she were forming such contortions in her, why she was doing them in the nude, and why she was calling him boy when he was a whole three years older than she was.

"N-No...! I-Wah!"

Before he could even attempt any apologies, though admittedly he should've just shut the door, Kazama was yanked back and the door was shut by Kona who seemed more than a bit peeved. First the issue with her cake and now she saw that blunder first-hand. She must've acquired some opinion of him by now. Once he regained himself from the intentionally stumble caused by Kona, he turned to her in order to attempt to explain himself, but then noticed she was holding a spoon in her hand. He didn't know why, it was just a spoon after all, but for some reason in her hands it made him feel—uneasy. Likely it was Yoriko's help for scaring the living hell out of him.

"L-Look! I didn't know she would be in-" Interrupted during his explanation once again, Hibari exited the changing rooms and passed the two by with a couple harsh words. "T-That's not...! Ah..."

Sighing and watching in defeat as Hibari left with a concerning look in her eyes, soon Katashi made his way up there and got in the way of the two before Kona could do whatever it is she planned to with that spoon in her hands. The suspicious junior cook gave him the information that Hibari apparently had been acting rather off as of late. It was concerning, definitely, and Kazama didn't really need much more of a reason other than to make sure she was alright. Plus, as Katashi pointed out, he could take that time to apologize. Not to mention he could use it as getting out of whatever he wanted Kazama to help him do originally...

"Leave it to me!" Kazama stated with the utmost determination.

Making his way downstairs, he paused as he began passing the bar due to his hearing of some rather concerning information from Rinako, undoubtedly planned by the troublemaker; not that Kazama would suspect her of such.

As Hayate began preparing her drinks, Rinako took note of a certain waitress pursuing the new boy up the stairs, effectively gaining a pout from the girl. The second eldest of the Nishikawa certainly did have a bit of a problem with the girl known as Kona. Mainly, it was because the girl payed attention, which got in the way of her fun. It wasn't too much to be aggravated over, though. There'd be other chances to stir up trouble. Besides, right now she had her drink to worry about. Hayate provided her with a recap of what had happened, albeit a brief one. Likely he knew that she didn't really need nor want to be told what occurred; it was rather easy to tell just by looking. Perceptive people like him typically aggravated her; they always through a wrench into her plans. Not Hayate though. He never interfered unless it went too far, and he knew that she would never take it to such an extent with her family. Aside from that, he just made a good person to talk to; handsome too, which was always to Rinako's preference.

"My day was fine. My studies were rather dull though..." Propping her head up on her arm, she seemed to adopt a face of worry as the new boy was passing by. "On the way over here, though, I noticed some girls harassing another; definitely not passed high school. Young girls these days can get into such cruel activities. Once they ostracize someone, it can get even worse than how boys bullying. I heard there's been some suicides because of it too... So sad."

Soon after she said this, Kazama seemed to freeze a moment, then hurry faster out the door. After he made it out the restaurant, Rinako's face returned to a grin. Just as Hayate was rather blunt in calling her activities out, she was extremely blatant in doing them right in front of him.

"Oh, come now! You can't blame me! What was Yoriko thinking would happen if she hired such an innocent guy? Look at him! He's completely normal! Nice, no weapons on his person, no aggression, pretty face... He has health insurance, right?" Rinako questioned, obviously not thinking very highly of his life expectancy.

After justifying herself how she felt she could, Rinako took a sip from her drink and—just stared at the butler. All she did was stare with a curious look on her face, like she was trying to analyze something. Then, she simply sighed and smirked at him.

"Hayate... you should know by now not to take it personally. It doesn't mean she doesn't like you or thinks less of you in any way... I swear, you're always so cool and stoic, yet you're so sensitive at the same time; it's adorable."

Not very surprising from the girl who could tell Hibari from her brother Kenza at but a glance, Rinako seemed to had figured out what had Hayate upset, or even that he was upset in the slightest. He didn't often show many signs that told the people around him how he was feeling, but you needed to read people to use them, and that was something the woman prided herself on. Honestly, she had noted for a while now how Hibari would try to ditch him, with most of her attempts ending in failure.

"Don't mistake your relationship with her for the kind of relationship Yoriko and I have with little Hinako. She doesn't dislike you. She isn't afraid of you. She's a seventeen year-old girl; she just wants time to herself. Relax a little."

Kona

It seemed as though Kona's spoon wasn't needed at all. Hibari simply passed by the two without much of an incident. Taking the spoon in her hand and preparing to turn on the green recruit, she was about to likely pin him to a wall with various cutlerly like she had with the two unruly customers who had hit on her. However, he was saved just in the nick of time by Katashi.

How unfortunate.... and just as I was about to turn on the newbie too..... the pervert/clutz needs to have some sense scared into him it seems....

These thoughts did not leak onto Kona's face. With a deft spin of the spoon, she stowed it wherever the hell she keeps her walking armory of metal implements of eating, and nodded whilst smiling.

"Of course Katashi-san. Kazama-san, we'll have to continue this some other time."

And with an evil glint in her eye she smiled at Kazama and passed by him. Because of the man she apparently now had a reputation with Hibari as a weirdo, not a reputation she wanted or enjoyed having. She walked down the stairs and began to once again display amazing strength and dexterity, not to mention balance, as she calmly picked up the plates and dishes and began stacking them high enough that it would be challenging for a normal person to walk properly, then taking the dishes to the back with the sink, and then starting the process all over again.

Reactions: Astros
Noticing the grin on Rinako's face as Kazama rushed out the front Katashi could only assume it was to her liking and thus a result of her acts. Smiling lightly at the fact, he couldn't help but feel slightly bad for the greenie. While he himself took joy in messing with him he felt he knew when to stop and while the Boss at times didn't she was just that way by nature and not decision. Rinako on the other hand, Katashi knew was different. Taking joy in the suffering and misleading of others was her quirk. If the greenie was to seriously be hurt by anyone it would be by that cruel woman who's silver tongue could compete with the devil's, but only just. As Katashi realized the chink in her armor, an obvious one, but so much so most wouldn't consider it.

Having luckily only crossed paths with her on a few occasions in the past he mainly passed under her detection and interest. Most likely due to others being readily and more easily available, the Boss a favorite. Sweeping the thoughts and woman to the side of his mind Katashi opted to rather learn what was going on in the life of the skilled martial artist who preferred being a waiter and going to school instead of teaching as an instructor. Catching her as she brought in what seemed like the last batch of dishes he inquired about her life outside work. "So, Kona. How's school been this semester?" He asked before placing plates in racks to dry. "You still struggling with Algebra or was it Geometry?"

Kona

Kona smiled and chuckled.

"Now, actually it was trig, i'm in college remember? In any case, I got through it, thought I must say I don't think I have future as a mathmatician. Say, when we get finished here would you like to go get some coffee? It'll be fun, my treat even."

She leaned against the counter as she searched for the valve to open the drain. After a bit of questing, she found it.

"There we are, now ti just has to drain."

She straightened up and smiled.

"So what do you say Katashi-san?"

Last edited:
Hayate proceeded to clean up some parts of the bar that the baseball players had managed to mess up. As he did so, Rinako spoke about her time studying, and how boring her classes were. Well, one of her intelligence was clear to find the classes to be boring. After all, she had the smarts of the family. It could be said that she was far more intelligent than most people as well. When he got back up, though, she suddenly began speaking about girls bullying other people in the streets. It was an obvious attempt to make the new boy more worried over Hibari and... She had succeeded. The butler sighed as he then leaned against the a nearby wall and turned his attention to Rinako. "I'm just telling you to go easy on the guy. It's already hard enough to get new employees without threatening them, so normal people are welcome to this crazy place." He said as he shook his head.

Honestly, Rinako always caused trouble. Hayate knew her nature very well and understood her intentions, but sometimes it would just backfire more than she expected. Such as when she managed to anger Yoriko enough that she went as far as destroying Rinako's room and most of the corridors of the house in a chase. Sometimes her jokes went too far and it was always Hayate who was responsible for the clean up. Not that he found it annoying, but he surely thought she could go easier sometimes. "Made him sign it up this morning. The poor boy doesn't even know it. I don't really like when people like him manage to find their way into here, it feels wrong. However, if Yoriko-sama decided on it, then it's settled. It's not like I have much to say about him, though. If he manages to not aggravate Yoriko-sama further than Abe already does, he might actually get a pretty good place in here. Not everyone is as strange as Yoriko-sama or me." With that, he noticed how the woman was staring at him. It was clear, she was trying to read his mind.

And there it was again, that piercing capability of reading people's emotions right out of their face. Hayate found her troubling to deal with, but never felt any anger towards it. In fact, he didn't much talk to people. Even Yoriko didn't usually hear much about what he thinks of a situation or what he feels. "It's not about being sensitive. What I feel or think isn't important. I just need to keep doing things right and making the Nishikawa family a happy family." He brushed the subject aside and walked around the bar. He took a seat right besides the girl and sighed. "I'm sure she doesn't feel afraid of me. It's just that... Hibari-sama is always alone. I can understand that she wishes to be by herself, but... Sometimes it just worries me that she may never open up and ask for help. When she runs away like this, trying to hide from me... I just wonder if I'm an inconvenience for her." He said out loud and sighed again. It was just natural for him to worry about people. Even more so when it came to the Nishikawa family. "And don't get me wrong, I believe in her. I know she can take care of herself, but I wonder if she'll ever get to face things she just can't get through... Such as the accident. Perhaps I'm just being selfish by thinking that she could just lean more on us... Me and Yoriko-sama." With that, he turns to Rinako and shows a half-hearted smile. Smile! He always thought to himself. Smile, even if things look grim and aren't going well. Smiles are the key to getting through difficulties.

Of course, one such as him had no right to talk about difficulties, or so he thought. In his mind, Hayate's life wasn't nearly as difficult as that of Yoriko or any of the sisters. At least he lost his parents so early that he didn't even get to face the pain of dealing with their deaths. After that, his life wasn't really hard. He trained, trained and trained. That was all he would do. Expectations were very high, but he never failed. He always did his best and always got through it. It wasn't even nearly as hard as the lives of people around him. "That serves for you too, Rinako-sama. If you ever need to, don't feel ashamed or afraid of leaning on Yoriko-sama. Or, if you prefer, leaning on me. That's what I'm here for, after all." With that, he chuckled. There he went again, making the mood all gloomy and dramatic. Things would usually go this way whenever he spoke his mind. But, in a sense, he did served as the first line of defense of the entire family. After all, that was why he was born. That was his life mission. He had decided himself to do this, even if it cost him his life.

"Oh, well yeah." Katashi replied concerning his error. Feeling only slightly embarrased at comparing highschool courses to college he shrugged off the feeling. "Heh, me either. You don't seem like the type to be kept in a class all day." he remarked before letting out a "Hmm." He hadn't expected her to ask about an evening out. It came as a slight surprise, but not nearly a shock as it wasn't the first time. Staying absorbed in his work he rinsed off the final plates and silverware before placing them out to dry. Mimicking Kona, but in a quicker manner he turned the valve and let the sink drain before drying his hands and making up his mind. "Sure, it's been awhile since the last time we went out." he said with a smile before turning to fetch a broom. "I'll finish up here, you go ahead and change."

Kona

Kona smiled and nodded.

"Alright, if you say so. Be back soon enough."

Kona walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs, where she fetched her regular clothes then went to the changing room. There she shut and locked the door, and changed into a skirt and blouse, as well as a jacket, then opened the door and grabbed her purse. After all was said and done she waited for Katashi at the door. After all, the rest of the restaurant was already clean, all that had been left after the diligent work was for the sweeping to be done, and it seem Katashi had that covered.

[fieldbox=Akira Shinkai, #b85c11, dashed, 10]
The shift was finally done and the restaurant was about to close up. The customers and some of the employers already took the liberty to disappear. Holding a tray close to his chest, Akira was just observing the people leaving. Giving them an heartening smile, even though it pains him to make a smile, because that's something he's not really good at, or rather, convey his own feelings to others. He's just as odd as the bunch working at the Painted Shark. "Please come again." He bowed his head in respect, though most of the unruly customers, after getting thrown around by our dearest Yoriko-san left. Threatening to report her and what not.

It was not surprising, or rather, situations like that could and would occur from time to time. Kazama, as he found out, the newbie, was also gone, but before that, he was dragged by Katashi. Hibari as always, left for some reason. Akira was never to pry, but even if he didn't things usually was blurted out by others. The restaurant was like an open book, or at least thats what he believed. Noticing Hayate-san and Rinako, he decided to walk and interrupt them.

Placing his tray on the counter, Akira still needed to change out from his uniform. Seeing how serious they were, he spoke up, perhaps changing the conversation in its entirety. "So, Hayate-san, is there a reason for why..." Gazing behind his shoulder, from the corner of his brown eyes, towards the exit, he continued. "Kazama-san left in a hurry?" What was going on now? Was it something Yoriko said? Something Katashi laid out for the new employee? What torment was he about to stumble upon this time?

A sigh escaped his lips. One could see the disappointed expression on his face. "Has Yoriko-san given him something else to do now that his shift is over?" Glancing over at someone else beside Hibari or Yoriko, Rinako, from the Nishikawa family was also there. 'Ah, this place never ceases to suprise me.'[/fieldbox]

Sweeping the dust, food, and other trash from the kitchen floor in a pan Katashi dumped it before going to scan the dinning floor. While not apart of his duties he opted to clean it up while he had the broom. Cleaning spots mostly result of the fight breaking out he finished just as Kona stood at the door. Putting the broom up he headed for the changing room. Taking his apron off he switched into the spare clothes he brought everyday. Consisting of a logo T-shirt and jeans he threw his typical jacket on over the shirt before reaching for his baseball bat in the corner. Stopping, he looked down at it before giving a thoughtful glance and placing it back. Heading down the stairs he stopped at the bottom to stretch lightly before looking to Kona and walking toward her. "So, which fine café are we seeing?"

Status
Not open for further replies.