Kore Wa Resutoran Desu ka?! (Is this a restaurant!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kona

Kona frowned. It was actually something she hadn't considered. What cafe were they going to go to? Well.... perhaps like the sweeping she would leave that to Katashi.

"I figured you could choose. I actually hadn't considered picking one myself."

She smiled at him. It was an apt response. After all, she had just shown an interesting display of how far she thought into the future.

"In any case, wherever we go should serve coffee im sure, it's not that uncommon of a drink to find in any restaurant, though I doubt any ones that aren't cafe style will be serving it regularly this late at night. Either way, it's still my treat. Lead the way."

Kona waited for Katashi to respond. It seemed as though both in and outside of work Kona was happy go lucky.

Walking along the various alleyways and sideroads, Hibari seems to have an odd obsession with taking the high road quite litterally. Walking along the top of fences and other such objects, jumping over signs, and even crossing a number of alley dividers, it would likely be difficult to keep up with her. Thinking on various matters, Hibari first goes towards the shopping district, but seems suddenly distracted as a balloon drifts by. With a disappointed, if not depressed sigh, she stares at it..or seemingly what was beyond it, then at a small bear in the window display..then back at the other location again. "...wait...don't go..stop..fine..I'll take care of it myself.." Keeping her eyes wide open, Hibari chases the illussive target.

To an on looker it would seem like a depressed girl was now heading away from an item she couldn't buy. Making her way to a deserted consturction site, Hibari begins to scale the fence, making her way inside and heading upwards, the structure seemed to be some sort of small mall that was being constructed, around five floors tall.

Elsewhere Yoriko slow compleats her Errand, as she walks back to black custom sedan that Hayate normally drove for her. Not really wanting to deal with her sister outside of home hours, it didn't seem she would have much choice.

"Hayate... I'm fairly sure we're all an inconvenience for her."

Sipping her drink as she further listened to Hayate's problems, Rinako noted that it certainly didn't take much to get him to open up. Of course he said that spiel of putting everyone else first and doing his job among other things, but he likely very much wanted to give out his opinions and feelings on matters more often. Really, the only person keeping him from doing so was himself with that servant attitude of his. Regardless, she wasn't quite sure why he was so worried. As she pointed out, their relationship was nothing like the relationship Yoriko and she had with their baby sister, Hinako. If she ever got kidnapped, the woman could picture the poor girl asking for the one that grabbed her for protection from the two eldest siblings.

Chuckling, Rinako shook her head a bit at what he said. That was it. He felt that he wasn't being of proper use; that he was thought of as unreliable. True, that would act as a kick to the balls per say with someone with his personality. That made his worries even more unnecessary.

"Really, Hayate? Now, if she ever runs into trouble, I don't doubt she'd likely go to Kenza first. They are twins, after all; they share a close bond. But aside from him, you're probably the only other person she'll rely on if she needs to. Yoriko or I? She's polite, but I can see passed that... Honestly, if anyone, you should probably be blaming Yoriko and I. I can't say for sure, but it's rather likely we're the cause of her being like that." The woman spoke vaguely and with a sigh.

Personally, Rinako had no issues with leaning on Hayate. She just never really had something that she needed someone to be there for her for. She was never bullied. She didn't struggle in school. She didn't have trouble making friends and didn't seem to take crushes seriously enough to warrant concern, if you could even call them crushes. But she always knew he was there if he ever did need him. Yoriko however—Sometimes the woman wondered if the only reason that beast didn't actually kill her was because of blood relation.

Changing the subject, Akira made his way over and inquired as to why Kazama practically dashed out of the building. This put a grin on Yoriko's face and she simply waved nonchalantly at him. The boy had been working there long enough that he really shouldn't have needed to ask.

"Akira-kun~! Your face is bandage-free this time! Too bad... I thought it was pretty cute..." Murmuring that with a minor pout. "I can tell you, however, that my sister didn't tell him anything. She fled the restaurant the moment I came in... Cowardly hag..."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hurrying out of the restaurant, it didn't take long to get on Hibari's trail—Staying on it was the big issue here. The girl maneuvered through the city like Batman. When she was just jumping around on the railing and such it wasn't so bad, but when she began hopping fences and bypassing alley dividers, that's when he began to slow down. There was no way he could do any of that like her! Unfortunately, Kazama was forced several times to go around obstacles that she simply vaulted over, which resulted in him losing sight of her briefly.

When he found her she seemed to be staring at something a store display window. A teddy bear? She looked so sad about it—The least Yoriko could do with the money from the damn debt he was paying off was buy her little sister a teddy bear. Then again, Hibari looked sad most of the time. Her permanent deadpan could only really look sad or unamused at best. Still, she stared at it for a while before hesitantly moving on. Thinking on it, it would make a good apology gift, and might cheer her up anyhow. He was already paying up a huge debt, adding onto that some stuffed bear wasn't a big deal. It probably wasn't worth five bucks.

Unfortunately, Kazama was correct in his thoughts. It wasn't five bucks. It was ridiculously overpriced past that. Still, if it cheered her up and got her to forgive him, it would be worth it. On that note, he still needed to get that cake for Kona, not that he expected her opinion of him to rise with it...

It took a while to get back on Hibari's trail, but finally he spotted her—jumping the fence to a construction site?! What the hell was she doing? Crap! Crap! Where could he get in! He didn't know what she was doing—Well, he had ideas, but he really didn't want to be right. Regardless, he needed to make sure she didn't hurt herself in there.

Reactions: Akashi
Smirking briefly at the girl's short sighted nature, Takashi lets out a "Hmm." upon thinking where to go. Rubbing the back of his head and looking up as if the answer was written in the air there he thinks of all the places that served coffee nearby. He wasn't a frequent coffee drinker really as he always seemed to have energy for the day, but not knowing whether or not Kona was made choosing more difficult. Running through the exteriors of each shop he thought back on the people visiting and tried to gauge the coffee's taste from that. Though, not wanting to be too expensive he decided on a mom and paps place a few blocks down. "The Loft it is then." he said making up his mind. "It's a coffee house just a few blocks down that way." he said pointing, after opening the door and holding it for Kona.

Kona

Kona nodded.

"Sounds great."

She walked through the door that katashi so politely opened for her. She giggled as she walked through.

"What a gentleman you are Katashi-san."

Kona waited for KAtashi outside the door. As soon as he walked through, she would follow him. She breifly considered taking his arm, but decided that would be a bit too close for this little excursion.

"So, how is your personal life going Katashi? Any girls you have your eye on?"

"Heh, don't hear that often." Katashi replied at being called a gentleman before following after her and letting the door slide to. Turning left he placed his hands in his pockets and started a nonchalant pace toward the coffee house. "How's it going?" he said as if contemplating it before quickly saying "Dry. Same routine everyday." "As for girls." with this he stopped to turn around. "Only you." he said in a serious tone before letting a grin light up his face with a chuckle to signal he was joking. A mix of delight in his face at her reaction faded as he asked. "What about you?" Beginning to walk backward in a similar fashion as before, he added. "I'm sure college boys line up for a young delicate figure like yours."

Last edited:
Kona

Kona giggled. A blush seemed to develop pretty quickly on her face as soon as he stated the only girl he had his eye on was her, and upon him smiling, she chuckled nervously to show she understood it was just a joke.

"Your certainly bold tonight Katashi-san, or perhaps it's me who is bold, having asked you out after all. College boys are just to open. THe unfortunate truth is that almost all of them aren't my type, and they certainly don't have the same manners as you do Katashi-san. In any case, i'm not that delicate looking am I?"

At that Kona seemed to examine herself as she walked, wanting to assure herself that she was not delicate looking.

"Hmm, maybe, but it's nice that you did." Katashi replied, not wanting to disagree. While he didn't feel bold, the joke itself was. "Heh, I don't think you give them enough merit." he continued, looking past her seemingly up at the sky. "Openness is nice in a relationship. Makes things a hell of a lot easier. Heh, and my manners aren't exactly making me friends." Taking note of her question he returned his gaze to her. Scanning, but not intently. "Only at first glance. Anyone to see you in action would know differently." he remarked with a grin. "What's wrong with being delicate? I'm sure many women would prefer it, and to look younger than they are." he asked curiously before almost walking into a person behind him.

Last edited:
Working her way into the construction site, Hibari makes her way upwards and to the upper floors, it was fairly easy for her, being so used to it by now.

First a skip, then a jump, there was no point taking the service elevator. Thinking back to it, she couldn't believe how expensive that bear was, she was going to buy her sister a little stuffed kitten, it was a bit cheaper and of good quality. She could hold it up and make cat noises..pausing for a bit in self reflection, she suddenly remembers, Hinako tended to be very afraid when such happened...did she seem that strange.. Sighing deeply, she stares out over the city...well what little could be seen from a five floors structure.. The balloon luckly for her was entangled on another beam, it would be simple to grab it, then to jump into her normal landing location, but for now she looks as...was that the pervert from work. "...whats he doing here.." Grabbing the balloon right as she steps off of the edge, she slides down a number of beams, though from where Kazama was standing it would seem like she was free falling. Lucky for her, and unown to him, she was jumping into the paper pick up loaction. The boxes always broke a fall, a trick she learned by watching documentries on stuntmen and has done herself many times before.

(Ehh..might be best if I have the boss talk with Akira :/)

Kona

Kona sighed.

"You wouldn't understand. Ever time I walk onto a mat looking delicate in my martial arts clothes, I get underestimated. I hate being underestimated. For example, those customers in the store today, how much would they have wanted to speak out if I had looked more intimidating and strong? It's..... hard to explain. I just don't like being underestimated. Besides, other women aren't as flat as I am either."

She sighed as she looked down at her own chest. Despite her best efforts, nothing worked as far as growth went. She never hit a growth spurt except when she was a teenager, and that hadn't helped her much at all. She just ignored Katashi's clumsiness.

"In any case, that doesn't matter I suppose. Are we getting close to this cafe?"

"Those shitheads were asking for it. If not you it'd be someone else." Katashi said bluntly with a hint of contempt. "Being strong and intimidating will only get you treated like the Boss. Avoided in fear or challenged by some wise guys who want to prove their tough. You're better off being delicate as most won't mess with ya. Those that do will be surprised when you put em through a table." he ended with smirk. Shrugging afterward he responded to her lack of confidence with "Doesn't stop guys from being interested, but maybe it's another thing I wouldn't understand." trying to acknowledge the stark differences to their lives. "Just around the corner." He said as they got to the end of the street. Turning right he went back to walking forward, keeping the same pace.

After a dozen or so steps they came upon a black painted building that stood out from the rest of the block like a sore thumb. In large white letters above the doorway were the words "The Loft" in stylized English. Situated a few feet away from the street it seemed to retreat from the busy road nearby. With a large window next to the entrance the tables and seats inside could be seen from the outside. There were a few figures inside, some together and others alone as Katashi and Kona briefly looked at the café. Taking the first steps toward entering Katashi ascended the five steps leading up to the door enough to open and hold it.

Once inside the atmosphere of the place was like a summer breeze on a sunny day. The lighting was dimmer than that of outside, but enough one could still read. The walls were adorned with pieces of art and photography centered around music and foreign cities. The strong, distinct aroma of fresh coffee with a hint of chocolate trailed through the air. The tables and chairs were more defined than from outside and showed a unique, almost elegant design to them that seemed foreign in nature. In the background, all around, below the hum of vehicles outside and the talk inside was the light sound of piano. Just barely audible it was enough to set an atmosphere and nothing more. One could easily talk over it and possibly forget about it if they stayed long enough.

A woman in a maid outfit was attending to the customers already seated. Her outfit similar to others of its kind, but different in that it seemed more professional than those in most café. Apart from this it seemed to be a dark blue instead of black, but the difference was minute. Taking a few seconds to absorb in the scene as it had been awhile since his last visit, Katashi asked "Where do you want to sit?"

Last edited:
Kona

Kona quietly ascended the steps and into the inside of the restaurant.

"Still being quite the gentleman Katashi-san, careful or you might start developing even more manners."

She giggled as she waited for him. When he asked her where she wanted to sit, she shrugged.

"I suppose it doesn't matter. Why don't we take that booth over there?"

She pointed towards an empty booth and strode over and sat in it, taking off her jacket and the purse with it. Then she waited for Katashi.

Hayate heard what Rinako said as he seemed pensive. She was likely right. The girl was still an enigma for him, though, so it was very hard for him to have any idea of her personality. He sighed when she gave her opinion on the matter because, technically, she was very right. This was all too troubling for him. It was easier to deal with Yoriko, she was far more predictable and he knew more about her. Maybe that was the reason why he was assigned to be her personal butler in the first place. The two did think alike more than once. They shared a lot of ideals even though they reacted differently to the same problems. Now that he thought about it, it was just weird that they never had any sort of romantic relationship going on. Perhaps it was because he always tried to keep it as platonic as possible.

When Rinako was finished giving her thoughts on the situation, Akira suddenly appeared and made a question about Kazama. He wanted to know why Kazama rushed out of the store. "I don't know, Akira. He must've had something he needed to do quickly and was a hurry. Well, we'll be closing the shop soon so go change, Akira." With that, he got up and made his way around the counter. "Can you blame her, Rinako-sama? It seems like currently, you're the only person in the world that can scare her enough that she walks away from you." The butler chuckled at that.

He turned his gaze back to the cracks at the wall and the destruction left by the unruly group. He would have to solve it as soon as possible too. "Though I'd like to, as always, ask you to refrain from angering Yoriko-sama far too much. She's currently been facing many problems with the council and you know how she gets whenever something like that happens. I hope we can make some progress tonight." As he said that, he picked up the keys to the kitchen and made his way around the restaurant to close and lock a few doors. Abe was already gone too so he was just waiting on Akira to close the place and take Rinako home, if she was going to it. That was the least he could do for her, after all. After closing the kitchen, the storage and the office, as well as picking up Yoriko's things to take back home, he made his way downstairs and towards the bar again. He waited until Akira was gone to speak the words about the problem at hand with Rinako again. "Thanks for listening to me, Rinako-sama. And thanks for speaking with me about it. I already owe you quite a bit, but I can't help but feel that I owe you even more whenever you hear me speaking of personal problems. I'm the one supposed to be on the hearing side, not on the speaking side." As always, he'd put above him in the priority list. It was always like that. If anything, Hayate was the kind of person to even go as far as placing other people's safety above his. Especially Yoriko. That was the reason they grew him up to be a servant, after all. It was what he was taught ever since childhood.

[fieldbox=Akira Shinkai, #b85c11, dashed, 10]
Perhaps butting in and interrupting their conversation wasn't for the best. Their discussion before his approach did seem like something serious. He obviously didn't want to pry, and did not think much about it. Right now, he was thinking what the new employee was upto. His new co-worker, Kazama. Though before he could any any response from Hayate, Rinako as always, wondered where his bandages were. The guy had been able to avoid any unneccessary conflicts for a while now. Scratching the back of his head, giving in to a soft laugh, he spoke up. "Uh.. Heh.. Yeah, I guess I've been lucky."

Turning to the side ever so slightly, gazing at the busy streets past the entrance, he continued. 'It'll hopefully stay like that.. Wouldn't wanna cause any trouble for Yoriko-san.' No matter, for Akira, it was probably better to believe in that. However, if not by him, his co-workes would see to trouble being brought in to the restaurant. Just like the unruly customers from earlier, and how they were even able to damage some of the property. It was actually quite surprising that the manager didn't kill them and get away with it, being a part of the Yakuza and all.

Though looking at the smile plastered on Rinako's face, he knew that she was always upto something, but what? "Sure.. You probably did something didn't you?.." Rinako was quite similar to Yoriko in his eyes. If anything they were made toe balance one another out, or so he assumed, even if there wasn't much truth behind it. He wouldn't know. Each passing day at the restaurant pretty much made it clear where everyone from Yoriko-san's stood.

However, interrupted, Hayate answered his question in the simplest manner ever. He did not know, but then again, the vibe Akira got was quite clear. They had a conversation to get back to, and another set of ears and eyes were not needed. Besides, the restaurant was closing any minute now, and Akira was the only one left. "Sure thing, I'll let you both get back to your business." Bowing his head in a respective manner, the brown eyed student exited back to the locker room.

Changing back to his school uniform, a sigh escaped his lips. "Now, I wonder what will happen tomorrow..." Ah, every day was surprising or entertaining, perhaps even filled with misfortune like today. What will happen to Kazama. Once ready to leave, he walked and made his way to the front entrance. Walking past both Rinako and Hayate. "I'll see you tomorrow then, Hayate-san.. Probably you as well, since you're here always every single day.. Rinako-san."

Giving them a casual wave in the air, he left.[/fieldbox]

Finally getting into the confines of the construction site, he spots Hibari rather quickly. Unfortunately, no sooner does he spot her than she seemingly lets herself fall off a high-placed beam. To Kazama, it looked as if all the suspicious things he had heard were true and that she had jumped off with the intent to end her life, despite her actually sliding down and knowing exactly what she was doing. The man's eyes almost popped out of his head as he saw the petite green-haired girl "freefalling" and began sprinting across the site in an attempt to reach her before she splat against the ground. Jumping up onto the base, he ran across it to where it looked like Hibari was going to land, but he was lagging a little behind unfortunately. So, when he reached the end of the building's foundation, Kazama dived forward and spun around in order to catch the young girl and—fall onto a layer of crates...

It was starting to click for him.

She wasn't trying to take her own life, she aimed there on purpose. Katashi knew it'd prove for an amusing experience and likely set it up to be so and Rinako—well, now Kazama had an idea of why he should be wary around her. She seemed so sweet and kind; that was the problem.

Thankfully, with Hibari having slid down most of the way, and her being rather skinny and light, when he caught her she didn't send him down into the boxes very hard. Though the craters themselves were very stern. Probably had some building materials in them; if he hadn't of caught her, she might have actually gotten hurt, regardless of if she intended to.

Groaning a bit on his back, he released his arms from around her a bit after he had hit the containers. "You're... alright, aren't you...?"

"Yes, but I never actually do anything to her. The worst thing I've done to anyone in this family is tease them or dupe them out of some desert they've hidden at the back of the refrigerator—Yes, I ate Yoriko's muffin," Rinako defended herself, though with how she ended her defense and the grin that came with it, it wasn't as effective as intended likely.

In truth, she was referring to Hibari's quiet, averse personality. The best way to not paint a target on your back was to avoid being noticed. Rinako worried that Hibari felt threatened by her and Yoriko—well, mostly just heard. She still talked to Yoriko but treated her as if a Viper that might bite any minute. Then again, with how she's always acted, it would be a bit ignorant to not understand why; she didn't really have the right to be hurt by it. At least Hibari acted. Rinako—She had never done a thing to Rinako. In fact, she thought she had been a rather good big sister, but she still trembled all the same.

Hearing Hayate once again give his spiel about not wanting her to aggravate Yoriko as well as that the council was being a pain as usual, the trickster sighed. Honestly, Yoriko had broken her jaw several times by now. Why couldn't she put those wimps in their place?

"Ugh... Why can't they go mind their own business! Such buzz kills... I don't care what druggy they mug for money, but I have a problem when they cut into our sister-time." With a pout and huff, it was obvious that Rinako didn't think very highly of the council; they always ruined her fun.

With Hayate running around the place to make sure everything was locked and secure, Akira and Rinako were left alone briefly before he went up to change. He claimed that he was lucky that he hadn't gotten into any physical confrontations as of late, as well as pointedly suspecting her of Kazama's rush out the store. With a Cheshire grin, she laid her chin in both hands and looked up at him.

"Oh, come now Akira-kun... You don't think someone as cute as me could have been responsible for such an anxious look on his face... Do you?" She questioned as he took his leave.

Hayate reappeared not but a few moments later, thanking her for listening and speaking to him about the matter, which wasn't such a big deal to her. He always trying to play big brother it seemed like.

"That's because you're such a worrywart, Hayate. If I don't let you vent, you'll drive yourself mad. You only ever worry about those around you... Well, most of them..." Laying her head in her arms on the bar, she stares up at him with a pout. She was mainly just teasing him, but it was Hayate—There was a chance he might actually take it seriously. "You always want to get Yoriko food and help her with her work and take Hibari shopping... but not once have you ever taken me dancing to a club or even offered... I am deeply hurt."

At her sudden capture she was still in confussion having the wind knocked out of her...the boxes seemed..soft? Warm? Nuzzeling her head against it, it felt like rubbing against a warm and yet hard blanket. But they didn't break..the boxes what was going on.. Feeling some some..tubes wrapped around her, a bit hard yet warm, there was two of them. Hibari finally speaks after the hard landing. "...warm.."

Then her warm soft landing spoke. "...safe.." A pause "K-Kazama san..?" A bit in shock she briefly forgets her nickname for him..but then remembers it and wandering about why he was here, she reaches for her left coat pocket, but as suddenly stops. Looking down at the boxes...some idiot put the wrong ones there. She would have gotten hurt, maybe worse..so if he was aiming to do something he could have just let her fall, then have his way when she was in no condition to return it. Sitting up on his mid section in a manner..easily not very proper what-so-ever, she decides to at least play some part of hysterics..but poorly. "oh..ahh...rapist..." Opening her eyes fully to him, they didn't seem hostile like her other sisters but rather normal...if not easy to read her emotions through. "..Thank you. But just why are you here.." Still confussed, and a bit winded, she then notices he himself may be hurt, unlike her older sister who would laugh, or her oldest that would have made it worse of ignored him, she gasps lightly, though its more like a typical breathing sound. "...are you okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the way out Yoriko smiles...or rather on HIS way out, Yoriko smiles at Akira. "Good work today," It was soon clear however why she did such, the littlest girl was holding Yoriko's hand though it seemed she was both comforted and scared, the poor little thing moved most people who seen her..if only they knew the source of her fears wasn't the siblings she loved..but the nightmares she had and could not trust them over.

Entering the restaurant, Yoriko silently walks in listening to all her sister had to say. "Oh? And you said the Muffin was never there...you peice of shit...but don't worry.." Laying her right hand on Rinako's right arm, the eldest sister lays her head against her 2nd's shoulder, letting their faces meet. "Oh..don't worry...while I may hurt you for playing with fire, I do love my siblings..you know that..right Ri-na-ko-ch-an."

"No! Stop Yoriko Neesan...pwease!" Cries the littest child. Any sinister antics Yoriko had in mind, vanishes with a sigh. She did love her family and was somewhat protective of her employees, while she might never kill them, that didn't exempt them from getting hurt. "Hinako..I won't.." For the momment the two seemed like normal sisters.. "And..Ha-ya-te-kun...Who ever said I was running away?..." Glaring at him as if she would hit him now, her narrowed eyes widened as if struck with a good idea.

"How about we all four go home now..and If you are so sure he needs help with his stress, why don't I give him to you for a day then..ehh..imouto?" Purposely calling her little sister, she really didn't mind handing him off briefly. His job was far more than following her around...and while she was largely incompetent at anything BUT her real job, this was a part of that. Hayate had served the family long and well..and her sister needed to be punished for her remark..so why not set them on a date...it was not like anything would develope, it lets him let off stress, and it keeps her sister from...doing whatever it was she did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yzmael
Normally, Hayate would've never taken her so seriously, specially her last statement. This was because they were just talking about how she could lean on him or Yoriko. He thought that maybe she would have a hard time leaning on Yoriko, specially since the two had such antagonistic relationship, but she had nothing against Hayate and indeed she was a good friend of his. The butler gave her a smile and was about to, then, give her an offer for later tomorrow. Surprisingly, Yoriko managed to make her way into the restaurant before he was able to say anything, though, and it resulted in the situation where Hinako-chan was scared of her reactions.

The butler couldn't help but chuckle at the boss' reactions to her littlest sister and also to both him and her other younger sister. It was a curious reaction that he just couldn't get enough of. Maybe Rinako's sadism was rubbing off on him a little. Still, it meant that she was, somewhat, enjoying her time here. What he wasn't expecting, though was the following phrase about how she was thinking of "handing" him over to Rinako for the next day. Per usual, the butler would've been shocked at her sudden offer and decision, but now was an opportunity to make up for exactly what Rinako had complained. He wasn't one to question orders, though and if Yoriko did want to set him to serve Rinako for a day, he wouldn't complain even if he didn't want to. "I don't think I'm that stressed, but I'd thank you for that, Yoriko-sama." The man chuckled at that remark. It was rather stupid, but he had actually taken Rinako's tease as a serious complaint to him. And he never would allow such things to happen. He had already said that he wanted everyone happy and he meant it.

With that, he went around the counter again and picked up his suitcase and the car keys. "However, I wouldn't accept such a thing unless Rinako-sama accepted it as well, Yoriko-sama. Anyways, what would you like for dinner, Hinako-sama?" With that, he stopped right in front of Rinako, knelt to see her eye to eye and smiled like he usually did. Perhaps the reason why Hinako was so spoiled was because of both Yoriko and Hayate were willing to do anything she ever wanted without asking much in return. Still, though, he was curious to what she was going to ask for dinner tonight.

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
Smiling as she calls his name, obviously she was at least fine enough that she could speak. He did break her fall, after all. But then she spoke again and her words caused his head to slump forward. The nickname—She was definitely fine if she could make jokes like that. They were jokes, right? He honestly couldn't tell, and not just because Kazama might have gained a minor concussion from when his head swung back into the boxes upon impact.

"Well... I guess you're fine if you have enough energy to call me that... Haha... Ah...?" Kazama let out a tired chuckle and replied to her "joke", but then he noticed the position the two were in...

Suddenly, flashbacks of back when he walked in on the girl and saw her rushed back despite the situation; with the position she was in, Hibari would definitely feel it. Kazama took note of her connecting the dots, however, and quickly diffused the situation before it could evolve into a giant misunderstanding.

"No! No, no, no, no, no! That's not...! Er... it's this!" Quickly trying to sit up and wince at some of the pain, Kazama pulls out the bear he had purchased from under the two and presented it to the girl. "You looked depressed, so I thought this might've cheered you up... Well... now I just feel stupid. Of course you wouldn't do something like this."

Honestly, Kazama felt it was best that the girl not know that he was pretty much stalking her, so he played it off like it wasn't important, just like he played of what she felt under her was actually the bear. He didn't want Hibari to dislike him. Yoriko would probably try to kill him one day out of every week regardless of if she actually liked his company or not, and Rinako—that woman was possibly deadlier than Yoriko. All she did was play it off like the situation was worse than it was, which actually could have saved Hibari some injury since the boxes weren't filled with what she expected to, but if the woman ever escalated her tricks passed that of minor pranks, she'd be just as scary as the eldest of them. At least Hibari was concerned with his well-being—Maybe. He still couldn't really tell with her blank expression. But at least she asked as common courtesy dictates!

"Yes... Yes, I'm fine... Kind of..." Kazama said with a smile a soft laugh, but who was he kidding? The exercise he got from running around today was going to take off a few pounds and make him really sore. "And... I really am sorry about walking in on you... I see now why Hayate-san warned me about your big sister..."

Finally, he managed to apologize. Hopefully she wouldn't think too much of it, though back then she seemed about ready to do a flying dropkick on him.

Placing a hand on her head and patting her, Kazama gave the girl a genuine smile. "I'm just glad you're okay... Still, this is dangerous... If you aren't depressed, why were you climbing around on this thing and sliding off it?"
_________________________________________________________________________________________

"Heh..."

Though she was still smiling and looking to Hayate, Rinako's expression had obviously froze as she heard her elder sister's voice and felt the cold touch of her hand grip her own arm. That was a shocking weakness of hers. While Rinako was arguably the most observant and perceptive of the family, she sorely lacked to predicting unknown variables. If you took her off guard, that was typically that; she suddenly became much less of a threat. It was rather funny that she seemed to gain a kind of tunnel vision over her "game board" and rule over it with ease only for something unexpected to come up and completely botch her plans up.

"I-I'm not so sure..." Rinako stuttered a reply to her sister's claim that she did actually love her.

Yoriko did terrify her when she wasn't on the board where Rinako could monitor her per say. Thankfully, she was saved by part of the subject of Hayate's and her's conversation. Hinako didn't relate to either elder sister much in the ways of how they dealt with things. She was such a sweet and pure thing, which meant that Rinako could and did use the little girl as a way of flying past Yoriko's rages. That was something the two could actually relate on; Hinako was terrified of the two of them, but it wasn't as if they wanted her to be. They never did anything to her in the first place; she seemed to have learned by watching those that earned the two's ire.

"My adorable little savior!" Leaping out of the stool and swooping up the child in her arms, Rinako spun her around a few times in a hug. While it looked like an act of affection, the little girl was still probably scared shitless.

Then came the word "imouto". That was never. Never, never, never. Whenever Yoriko said that word, bad things happened; it was like when she gave someone honorifics. It was just a sign that things would occur and said things would not be very fun. Well, in this case, there was nothing to be wary of really. She was just offering to lend her Hayate for a day, having heard her teasing him. It wasn't really a serious complaint, though it was true Hayate did tend to spend more time trying to cater to her and Hibari—Or rather trying to get any kind of reaction out of Hibari. Rinako knew it unintentional though. Hell, if she ever did give him a serious complaint with a tone to match, she'd have to strip search him and remove all weaponry off his person, less she fear that he'll try to commit seppukku after asking for penance.

Pausing from her spinning to spare a rather dizzy Hinako, the second eldest grinned at her elder sister. "But are you sure, Nee-san? If Hayate isn't here, who will sneak you your snacks between breakfast and brunch... and brunch and lunch... and between lunch and dinner... and during breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner! It doesn't matter how old you are, you shouldn't just give up on yourself!"

Of course she couldn't reply without sending out a quip. And she was still holding Hinako so Yoriko wouldn't be able to retort in a way she'd like.

"I'll take Hayate for a day if you won't be needing him... but I hope you understand that means that you'll actually have to run the place, yes?"

"Huh..t-this was too expensive.." Looking at the stuffed toy, she sighs slightly with her eyes seemingly dimming slightly. Taking it in her right hand she nods in thanks. "Here..I was coming back for the cheaper kitten..its for my youngest sister..I..want her to be happy." Reaching into her own pocket with her right hand, as the bear becomes situatied under her right arm, Hibari then counts the contents by feel, remembering why she didn't want to buy the bear in the first place, it would have taken all the money she had.

Having now payed him in full for the stuffed toy. It wasn't what she was going to buy..but she couldn't leave him to having spent so much just like that. "..I..am aware of my problems..unlike my sisters..but.." As if looking for words, it didn't seem she would hurt him, gazing at him still only sitting partly up she did feel a little bad about this, his back was likely pretty sore..though she had some idea with his comments why he was here. Rinako always liked her games..

Shaking it off, her eyes seem to return to a more normal gaze. "...thanks." While she was sure there was something else under her not as soft as a bear, at the given time, she didn't seem to take issue with it. Maybe given the fact he did help her, and she had found him to be warm. Thinking back to Kazama's question however, Hibari tugs on the item currenetly in her left hand. A string..connected to a balloon. "I some of collect them." She says blankly, pulling it towards him. "It has a cosmic pattern..I like these the most..I don't like cars..so I want to fly.." Not going into much detail on either, her stomach growls, she now had no money however. Well not here, Kazama now had it all.

Showing the apple didn't fall far from the tree, she stares at him, and finds a warm feeling creeping upon her, ignoring it however she points with her left hand's index finger. "...rapist..can..you feed me?..I'll call you..Kazama from now on if you do.." Using the black mail and forceful tactics of her two other sisters, she seemed less impossing. "..please..Nee-sama ate my burgers..I haven't eaten today except breakfast...it can be cheap..hmph.." With her typical pause and flat tone, her eyes seem to shine slightly as if those of a pleading small child. At least, unlike her other sister, or maybe even sisters, she did know enough to say please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now, now Rinako-chan..if I hated you that much, would you be alive to talk..or in my house?" They were rather serious question, sure she had a hot temper, and would if given cause use physical violence, but it did hurt somewhat to have her feelings questioned. Not that she would show this to them. There was alot she didn't show nor told them, more so when it came to the real family business, or their parents deaths. As far as they all knew, at least by her accounts, the pair died in a car accident, where only the small Hinako had survived. Upon seeing her brother was unable and unwilling to take the position she did. And then of course several members of the Family, of note her Uncle, suddenly vanished a few days later. Yoriko's own relationship was touch and go with her siblings, given her previous occupation, she was rarely at home. And though to be correct, the house was the Family home, though it was more of a mansion, and was now in Yoriko's ownership.

"Tch, smart ass..he doesn't allow me to eat outside of my normal meals unless I get it else where." Narrowing her red eyes, she meets the green eyes of her sister who now had the helpless, and some what scared sister as a human shield. "Coward." Yoriko responds in slight simmering anger. "And shut your mouth, don't you have some red lights to stand under?" Yoriko's age was always a sore point, she had wished to get married during her life, in fact she maybe even wanted kids, but having to take care of her own family, and the task her father left..well, very little time was left for romance. And she didn't exactly have people skills. But between Rinako and her Grand father, being reminded of her age was a bit of a sore spot. She would often in kind replying to her sister, by calling her a whore, but that was avoided in this case.

With the spin however Hinako cries a bit, demanding to be put down. Exacping her sister's grasp, she holds on to Hayate's right leg. "...pasta..or curry and rice.." While it was true she was spoiled, the little girl was never very demanding..well minus in one area..one which whoever earned her attention tomorrow would soon learn. Almost like some sort of task master, she tugged Hayate's right hand with her own. Her singal for wanting to ride on his back. Clinging to his shoulders or neck, she would look out past his shoulder, observing the world around her. Giving a microscopic nod for him to take her and leave, Yoriko however motions for Rinako to stay where she is. "Tch..I'll have one of the others cook for me, and she'll run to someone else like always...plus I'll have that useless owner show up as well."

With a hint of pride in her ability to be lazy, or in her terms set duties out properly, that is not what she seemed to have kept Rinako around for. After a pause she finally asks what is on her mind. "..have you learned why she fears us? I don't mean us, but the family..hibari is always sweet to her..Kenza is the most normal of us all, yet she doesn't like him either. Don't worry, you little rat, I plan to give you a chance to run, should you decide to be a smart ass. But I really want to know." Waiting for a reply, it was good the rest of the staff was long gone for the day.

OOC boy lots of typo's escaped my attention on that one, not surprised given the time.

Last edited:
"Heh, nah, old dogs don't learn new tricks." Katashi remarked, prior to entering and taking his seat across from Kona. Removing his jacket beforehand he tossed it onto the booth seat where it lay beside him. Resting his elbows on the table between them he indirectly highlighted his earlier statement by breaking the millennial old etiquette rule. Paying it no mind, he turned his attention back to Kona before tilting his head and asking "What do you think?". Curious as to how the place compared to her usual hangouts. On that thought he added "Or have you been here before?"

Status
Not open for further replies.