Ken no Unmei |A story of samurai| |OPEN|

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to all the above, what exactly are factions, I'm not seeing anything in regards to that.

When you say magic can it be any type of magic as long as its not OP? And is it magic from your weapon or magic as in general through body/weapon?
The type of magic category like fire and water is separated via temple and who your under (faction). So lets say for example your under the god slayer ''Amaterasu'' then you and the members of that temple will use fire magic. Because everyone will start out as Tanto then you will have weak version of your magic, however with time you can grow to know your own techniques and strengthen them.

The abilities section also refers to general status like strength over mind or speed over strength or mind over strength, stuff like that.

• Thank You
Reactions: Akashi
In addition to all the above, what exactly are factions, I'm not seeing anything in regards to that.
Factions are temples to which god slayers rule. Each faction as a temple and each temple has its own individual god slayer who you are under.

So I guess we cannot choose a "magic" type until we've been assigned a faction that represents a said god/goddess then ?

So I guess we cannot choose a "magic" type until we've been assigned a faction that represents a said god/goddess then ?
Well once the god slayer CSs are submitted then you are welcome to join one of your choice. If you and anyone for that matter have no clue who the god slayers are then refer to the prequel story where all the god slayers are listed from birth.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Alright! I'll start working on mah character now. But I did notice something in the rules regarding evolution of weapons. Wouldn't it have been better to reference Bleach rather than Digimon or Pokemon? Considering we are using swords and not tiny, electrical rats xD

Alright! I'll start working on mah character now. But I did notice something in the rules regarding evolution of weapons. Wouldn't it have been better to reference Bleach rather than Digimon or Pokemon? Considering we are using swords and not tiny, electrical rats xD
Well me a Victor both agreed that pokemon and digimon would be a better reference point. This was because we see pokemon and digimon evolve into different forms and elements and we thought perhaps the weapons could do the same. In bleach (as far as i know) the weapons aren't as elemental as our vision so i guess we didn't reference it. Good point though. :)

Ah, I see. You'd be correct. I'm a big fan of it and while some are very oriented on elements and the like, there are others that have absolutely nothing to do with anything. Just wanted to ask in case there was something specific, like that, in why you chose those two as a reference. I'll start on my character now ^^

@Edward Should the god slayers' CS be different than the regular CS?​
I can answer that one. Nope. Same cs. Just use the name of the god you represent, put the weapon associated with the god slayer you represent and the type of temple you run under other.

Edit: add the theme of the god/goddess to the end of the name

Last edited:
  • Useful
What should God Slayers put in the Faction part of the CS?

Which god they represent.

Reactions: CrimDemon
For example, Tsukuyomi the moon sage.

@Victor Markov So, if I were to be say be in affiliation with Orochi, I would put Orochi in the Faction part? Or am I not understanding that right?

So do we get to choose a God Slayer to play from the start or do you GMs choose them yourselves? I am asking this just to clarify.

If so, we only get to make Samurai with Tanto rankings, yes?

@Victor Markov So, if I were to be say be in affiliation with Orochi, I would put Orochi in the Faction part? Or am I not understanding that right?
I think that would be under bio. Faction would be more or less what that god slayer teaches. Like for Yamata no orochi it would be assassins.

• Thank You
Oh. I see. I was seeing two different definitions of the factions for this RP, that's why I was confused.

So do we get to choose a God Slayer to play from the start or do you GMs choose them yourselves? I am asking this just to clarify.

If so, we only get to make Samurai with Tanto rankings, yes?
Some god slayers have been chosen before the interest check was made. The ones that are left, which are susanoo and izanagi, are work up to it and first to achieve it gets it and must constantly fight to remain the top of their temple.

Okay, thanks.

No problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.