Interracial Dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, of course, I'm all for interracial dating. Pursuit of happiness, and all that. And I've found it very interesting and educational to take a lady out with a drastically different background from my own. I'm not even talking about stuff like from a different state, try, different country, different language, all that.

And, of course, anyone who knows me, a Filipino guy of US citizenship by birth... knows that recently I've been dating a few outside of my own race, especially in Japan and Korea. I've experienced seeing the expression of surprise/shock from local Japanese and Koreans, and I've gotten used to it as have the ladies. It's funny, sometimes I've only noticed those expressions on their faces from the pictures taken together.

But on the opposite side of that culture shock, we also get some expressions of kindness, a stranger moving over and letting us sit together on the train, a nice smile and a compliment about how good we look together, etc. Not that the other stuff bothers me at all, but the positive things are truly great.

@Hunter of Shadows

Uhhh, I don't think Grumpalumpagus meant to be taken super-seriously when he said that. I'm an American and he still hangs out with me and has yet to accuse me of being racist. Grumpy tends to joke around/snark a lot.

#NotAllAmericans

@Hunter of Shadows

Uhhh, I don't think Grumpalumpagus meant to be taken super-seriously when he said that. I'm an American and he still hangs out with me and has yet to accuse me of being racist. Grumpy tends to joke around/snark a lot.

#NotAllAmericans
Well I stand corrected then, I don't know Grumpy that well, and as a result took it at face value, my apologies

@Hunter of Shadows

S'all good man. Sometimes it's hard to infer tone from text-based communication.

Reactions: Mid
He had a lawyer write a letter to my mom when I was twelve telling her to put me up for adoption just so he wouldn't have to pay child support....
... That shit's fucked up.

I do live in a northern community in Canada (Ontario), and so our primary races are Native Canadian and white. Very few black people live up here, and probably about the same amount of Asian/South Americans.
Living in the southern part of Ontario, it's crazy how just moving a bit down the province completely changes one's demographics.
Diseases that can be passed down by race. Increased risks for certain illnesses. It's not only about looks when it comes to genes.
I'd honestly say that's an argument in favour of being inter-racial.

When you stick yourself to one race your genetic flaws become apparent, easily exposed, not easily resisted etc.
By 'mixing the races' so-to-say, you diversify the genetic pool and although yes are technically exposed to more risks, the level of risks are also lowered.

+If we go from a species stand point rather than an individual stand point, it also increases the odds of how many people survive in the face of some global catastrophe.

++Technically speaking we are all Africans.
The reason multiple races even exist is because in the past, homosapiens would migrate to different areas, and being put in seperate environments for so long would adapt to their new surroundings, and suddenly a different set of genetic traits became vital to survive. So Natural selection coming into play eventually caused different races to be a thing. Then once you enter the era that civilizations started to become a thing? And people are constantly moving, conquering, settling, gaining independence etc? You get a lot of races mixing with each other, creating brand new races who at the time would be seen as "Inter-raced" but have since then lasted so long through history people look at it as something "pure" in itself.
It's funny, sometimes I've only noticed those expressions on their faces from the pictures taken together.
Those damn photo bombs! XD

Last edited:
@Hunter of Shadows

#NotAllAmericans

I'M GOING TO CONTINUE ASSUMING YOU'RE ALL ONE HOMOGENEOUS BLOB AND NO AMOUNT OF FACTS TO THE CONTRARY WILL STOP ME.

@Grumpy

Go choke on your haggis.

Diseases that can be passed down by race. Increased risks for certain illnesses. It's not only about looks when it comes to genes.
If you're concerned about genetic diseases, then frame it like that. I don't see why race in particular is so much of an issue when any race has its own set of genetic quirks to worry about. If you stay within your own race, aren't you more likely to have a kid with genetic problems that are specific to your race? It's a problem that seems kind of unavoidable.

And, if you generally choose your potential partners based on what genes they may-or-may-not pass down to your future children then that's one thing. But, I must ask, what else goes into this sort of decision? Would you avoid dating someone who's colorblind or has dandruff -- not because you care about it on them but because you're worried about your future kids? Would you not date someone who has ADHD or family members with ADHD? Would you want to make sure that your partner's family doesn't seem to have any history of Alzheimer's or an increased risk of cancer?

The list could go on and on. With any partner, there are lots of things you run the risk of your kinds inheriting -- in varying degrees of severity. Point is, I don't think it should be a race issue. If you're really concerned about what your kids might inherit, then there's a lot more to look at than race.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
At the risk of opening another can of worms, we also have the technology to look at the child during pregnancy and predict a number of genetic complications.
If you're really that worried about one happening then there's always the option of getting it aborted.

I wouldn't suggest it (usually), because unless reserved for severe cases it opens up another list of medical concerns, only in this case relating to the mother.
But... It is still there as a possibility for those who want it.

Edit: Should probably clarify, because re-reading this it seems to be worded poorly.
I'm not suggesting abortion because of inter-racial concerns. I'm talking about severe medical concerns in general, regardless of the cause.

Last edited:
If you're concerned about genetic diseases, then frame it like that. I don't see why race in particular is so much of an issue when any race has its own set of genetic quirks to worry about. If you stay within your own race, aren't you more likely to have a kid with genetic problems that are specific to your race? It's a problem that seems kind of unavoidable.

And, if you generally choose your potential partners based on what genes they may-or-may-not pass down to your future children then that's one thing. But, I must ask, what else goes into this sort of decision? Would you avoid dating someone who's colorblind or has dandruff -- not because you care about it on them but because you're worried about your future kids? Would you not date someone who has ADHD or family members with ADHD? Would you want to make sure that your partner's family doesn't seem to have any history of Alzheimer's or an increased risk of cancer?

The list could go on and on. With any partner, there are lots of things you run the risk of your kinds inheriting -- in varying degrees of severity. Point is, I don't think it should be a race issue. If you're really concerned about what your kids might inherit, then there's a lot more to look at than race.
For one, I'm not saying me. I didn't get pregnant thinking "Well gee, my husband is white. I'm white. So that narrows down my baby's chances of getting....." I am saying that there ARE people out there who are concerned with diseases and illnesses, and it's not reliant on just race.

You can't take offense for someone's reproductive choices. If someone wants their child to be the same race as them, that is their personal choice, and no one has the right to judge them for it. You're not going to be taking care of that child, they are, and if they think that it'll be better to have a baby that is one race, than that's entirely their choice. Telling people they're wrong because they feel that was it just play ignorant. People who feel that way have their reasons, and you don't know enough about their story to really judge them. I for one wouldn't have had a mixed baby because 1.) The area I lived in would have made it difficult for them to be accepted. 2.) My family would not have accepted them, and while you may fel that isn't important, try raising a baby alone without any family support.

Why would I put a baby through a life where they would never be accepted by their own family?

I was in a long term relationship with a black guy, and there was a lot of things that turned me off of the idea of having a child with him, and race did play a part in it, but it was my race. Seeing how his friends and family treated me and listening to all the 'The white girl this....' and 'The white princess....' that, I would have never brought a kid into that. My ex's uncle was married to a white woman, and his kids were the outcasts of the family. They were teased and ridiculed at every single family get together, and always considered beneath the other kids who were black. No one wants to see their kids subjected to that. Now if my ex's family had been more accepting, and he and I had gotten to the point where children could be considered, than I might have thought about it. but I still wouldn't have gone through with it because of the reasons I stated earlier. My family would not have been accepting, and whether people like it or not, I do have a close relationship with most of my family and I would not want to ruin that. Plus, living in a predominantly white community, I knew that they would have had an extremely difficult time with acceptance.

Everyone is also overlooking the fact that in spite of the fact we've evolved past the point of cavemen, humans are still instinctual creatures. We are attracted to the people who we believe will give us the strongest offspring (At least if you believe in Darwinism and all that jazz.) If a person is against the idea of having an interracial baby, it could be that their instincts simply do not deem a mixed child as the strongest possible offspring. You can't argue with the programming inside your mind. You can try, but in the end it's going to win out.

I believe someone else expressed their disbelief in this still being a topic and I am on the same boat.

As a child my parents never taught me to notice differences in skin color. Our family has always run a wide range of colors, with myself being one color, my siblings another, and my parents both their own as well. One of my oldest and closest friends is a Mulatto dude who I didn't realize was black until I met his mom in sixth grade. It wasn't that I didn't notice his, or anyone's, skin color. Rather I just didn't concern myself with it.

Later, when I became a horny teenager, the idea of striking out whole large swaths of women due to skin color seemed like a terrible idea. Thinking entirely with my teen peen, I reasoned that not having a standard in that respect could allow me access to greater amounts of women, which would equal all the sexy times. It didn't, but looking back I give myself an A for not allowing racism to stop my ten teenage boners a day.

As an adult, I am more aware of the races that make me up (Hispanic, Japanese, probably German) and others, but it isn't something I've ever focused on. Nowadays I'll hate you for so many reasons and think you're a moron for twice as many more, but I won't ever kick you down because of your race. That seems pointless when one considers how ugly you are.

I personally would not mind an interracial child. I have never seen an "ugly" one so not sure what that's all about? Is it like the ginger effect where they're weird looking until they're matured?

Like have you not seen "blackanese?" Gorgeous! Using a singer as an example.

aiko.jpg

Also i think this "having a sick" kid is kind of a cop out. You ALWAYS risk having a sick kid regardless of races mixing or not. That kid can die in the womb, have cancer, be disabled, born missing limbs, be autistic, born attached to a twin or something, have asthma, etc. Many things can happen to a child in the womb or after. That's just how it is now omo.

And being afraid of how people feel or think if you have a mixed child is how you kerp racism alive. <_<

And being afraid of how people feel or think if you have a mixed child is how you kerp racism alive. <_<

Maybe it is. But then again, I'd much rather have my kids accepted by their own family and not feel like the only people who care about them is their parents.

Reactions: Mid
i banged this pretty Indian chick

her conservative parents love me

her grandmother took a little effort to win over, but now she loves me too

Status
Not open for further replies.